PDA

View Full Version : Pebble Beach 2008

Pages : 1 [2]

Mrs Frey
02-18-2008, 07:33 AM
I'm sure Glenn :heart: would agree too, at least in the interests of WW or perhaps one of his favourite charities! :wink:

Thing is though as you say Soda.....Once I got him I'd never let him go!

Even if MF was next in line!

Uh, GA... what makes you think I will settle for second in line? :twisted: :fight: :wink:

Glennsallnighter
02-18-2008, 08:30 AM
Do they KNOW what they DO to us? :shock:

My guess is they KNOW EXACTLY what they do to us.......and what we'd do to them.. :twisted: :twisted:

Ive always been a dreamer
02-18-2008, 11:28 AM
Yeah - my guess is that they probably do know what they do to us. :shock: :shock: :shock:

I was looking at PLS' picture and you can see those gorgeous eyes and eyelashes even better in hers than you can in my picture. Dang! (OBTW, sorry PLS, but I was referring to Glenn's eyes - not yours, even though yours are lovely, too. :wink: :wink: )

glenneaglesfan
02-18-2008, 06:07 PM
PLS, what a lovely picture of you and that guy, forgot his name for the moment! I think that's a genuine smile on his lips. I'm glad you had the presence of mind to take your sunglasses off, and he copied, so we have a chance to see those eyes!

Glennsallnighter
02-18-2008, 06:18 PM
....and what eyes...... :sigh:

Arent they gorgeous :smitten: :inlove:

Molly
02-18-2008, 07:02 PM
Mine was the last photo taken. Guess he was all smiled out. Still thrilled to have had the opportunity for the picture!

DonFan
02-18-2008, 07:39 PM
You both look great, Molly!

Glennsallnighter
02-18-2008, 08:20 PM
You both do indeed Molly, and I'm sure you too will treasure it.

Freypower
02-18-2008, 09:41 PM
Molly, I am personally pleased to see the Redhead Brigade represented so admirably there. :applause: :jealous:

Now everyone, I hadn't posted the 'Jealous' smiley until now. I'm sure you'll forgive it just this once. :wink:

Mrs Frey
02-19-2008, 10:05 AM
Don't worry, FP, I've been :jealous: since the first Pebble Beach picture was posted! :wink:

Molly, you are a lovely lady, and your picture with Glenn :heart: is gorgeous. He may not have felt like smiling, but that arm is around you :fainting: , and he's real close :twisted: , and I think you were very happy with that indeed! :nod:

Thank you for sharing your special moment with us! :D

Glennsallnighter
02-19-2008, 10:20 AM
Molly, I am personally pleased to see the Redhead Brigade represented so admirably there. :applause: :jealous:

Now everyone, I hadn't posted the 'Jealous' smiley until now. I'm sure you'll forgive it just this once. :wink:

I think we've all felt like using that emoticon at some stage over the last fortnight FP! But we don't begrudge the angels a single second they spent with Glenn :heart: and we are delighted for them that things went so well. And I know I speak for everyone here!

glenneaglesfan
02-19-2008, 10:31 AM
That's true, GA!

Molly, that's a lovely picture. I don't believe you look any different from that pic you showed us of your wedding. Glenn may not have been smiling but I think he was pleased to pose with all of you. What a man!

02-19-2008, 11:33 AM
That is a lovely picture Molly even if Glenn isn't smiling. Honestly, I think the pic may have been snapped before Glenn had a chance to "strike a pose". He seemed to be in a great mood at the time and didn't seem to mind posing with us, so I think he just wasn't quite set at that moment. No matter, it is still something to treasure.

Brooke
02-19-2008, 11:33 AM
Awwww, Molly! Great picture! You look great and I'm :jealous: , too. What a treasure! Thanks for sharing it! :D

sodascouts
02-19-2008, 12:59 PM
That is a lovely picture Molly even if Glenn isn't smiling. Honestly, I think the pic may have been snapped before Glenn had a chance to "strike a pose". He seemed to be in a great mood at the time and didn't seem to mind posing with us, so I think he just wasn't quite set at that moment. No matter, it is still something to treasure.

Well, I did my "one-two-three" count as I did for every photo, so he knew it was coming. Look how he's squinting. I think the sun got in his eyes.

At least you look good, Molly!

Perfect Little Sister
02-19-2008, 01:05 PM
At one point on Tuesday, Huey and Glenn were sitting on a bench (I actually have a pic of the 2 of them) and then Kevin came over and joined them. There was a camera man there and the guys got silly. Someone must have made a comment because all of a sudden Huey covered his eyes and Glenn his ears while Kevin covered his mouth. I started cracking up telling the girls "they're doing see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil"! I couldn't get a picture of this because Berman was teeing off right in front of me, blocking Kevin from my frame. There was a guy a few feet down the rope from me who heard me and snapped a picture. I asked him if he was working and when he said no I asked him if he'd send me the file if I gave him my email. He agreed. You know how these things tend to work...the person forgets or loses the address... Well I checked my email this morning and found he had sent it to me.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b20/eaglesaddict05/IMG_4262.jpg

(I invoke copyright on his behalf.)

Perfect Little Sister
02-19-2008, 01:06 PM

Well, I did my "one-two-three" count as I did for every photo, so he knew it was coming. Look how he's squinting. I think the sun got in his eyes.

At least you look good, Molly!

When I took off my sunglasses I thought my eyeballs were going to melt! The sun was extremely bright and we were looking right into it.

sodascouts
02-19-2008, 01:07 PM
Thanks for posting that photo, PLS. So cool! I'm so glad he came through. What a great pic!

DonFan
02-19-2008, 02:59 PM
That pic is adorable, PLS! Looks like those three guys really had a good time playing togther.
Almost as good a time as I have just looking at them :smitten: !

02-19-2008, 03:08 PM
Oh man - that is great, PLS. I'm sooooo happy that the gentleman followed through and sent the pic. Please send him a huge thank you from all of us. Isn't that just the cutest pic ever! :D :D :D

Brooke
02-19-2008, 03:11 PM
Great picture! That is so cute! Thanks so much for sharing it with us, PLS! :D

Glennsallnighter
02-19-2008, 05:36 PM
Thats a great pic PLS! It shows how human these celebrities can be when let loose on a golf course. Glenn :heart: as always looks adorable!!

Molly
02-19-2008, 05:47 PM
I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining about my picture. That would be crazy! I very glad to have have the opportunity to have the picture taken at all!

Nancy did a wonderful job taking the pix.

Molly
02-19-2008, 05:50 PM
Molly, that's a lovely picture. I don't believe you look any different from that pic you showed us of your wedding.

What a nice thing to say, thank you for that.

And thank goodness for the advances in the science of hair coloring!

Freypower
02-19-2008, 06:07 PM
What a great photo of the Three Wise Monkeys (hear no evil, etc) or are they a 'barrel of monkeys'? :twisted:

sodascouts
02-19-2008, 06:37 PM
I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining about my picture. That would be crazy! I very glad to have have the opportunity to have the picture taken at all!

Nancy did a wonderful job taking the pix.

Hey, all I did was point and click, but thanks!

glenneaglesfan
02-20-2008, 04:52 AM
Well, you did a great job, Soda.

PLS, thanks for that picture. It's very cute! It does sound like they were firing on the Tuesday.

What a great photo of the Three Wise Monkeys (hear no evil, etc) or are they a 'barrel of monkeys'? :twisted:
Lol, brilliant!

Mrs Frey
02-20-2008, 06:16 AM
At one point on Tuesday, Huey and Glenn were sitting on a bench (I actually have a pic of the 2 of them) and then Kevin came over and joined them. There was a camera man there and the guys got silly. Someone must have made a comment because all of a sudden Huey covered his eyes and Glenn his ears while Kevin covered his mouth. I started cracking up telling the girls "they're doing see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil"! I couldn't get a picture of this because Berman was teeing off right in front of me, blocking Kevin from my frame. There was a guy a few feet down the rope from me who heard me and snapped a picture. I asked him if he was working and when he said no I asked him if he'd send me the file if I gave him my email. He agreed. You know how these things tend to work...the person forgets or loses the address... Well I checked my email this morning and found he had sent it to me.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b20/eaglesaddict05/IMG_4262.jpg

(I invoke copyright on his behalf.)

Oh, what a great picture! :yay: Thanks for sharing this with us, PLS, and also the background to it. I remember trying to picture how this must have looked when I first read your Pebble Beach reports. The gentleman was very kind in staying true to his word, and he did a great job in capturing the moment.

Mrs Frey
02-20-2008, 06:18 AM
Lol, brilliant!

Brilliant indeed, GEF! :nod:

FP, you're very sharp! :applause:

timfan
02-20-2008, 08:09 PM
Well I have just returned from my trip to California and I thought I'd share a few highlights of my experinces at Pebble Beach.

On Tuesday during the practice round I first approached Glenn for an autograph ( which he was very happy to sign) A bit later I gave Glenn a purple bracelet (in support of epilepsy) I had brought for him. He seemed very suprised to recieve a gift like this and immediately put it on; wearing it for the rest of the round (you can see the bracelet in many of the pics).

A few holes later between holes I spoke to Glenn about the accident last July. I told Glenn of how the song "You Are Not Alone" had helped me through the rough days of the last 9 months. His response was "well that's why we do it" (make the music). Of course Glenn was shocked to hear of the accident and was comforting me by patting me on the back as we walked together.

This was the point where I also asked Glenn about Timothy's recovery.

Nearing the end of the day I asked Glenn to pose for a photo with me his response was quite cute.... "haven't we done that already??" lol "uhh no Glenn" Nancy was nice enough to take the picture for me and it turned out beautifully. Thanks Nancy!! :)

On Thursday there was much less interaction but it was still loads of fun! I got to see Glenn practicing his putting before the round started and Glenn seeing me there said to me "Hi. How are you?" I answered back by doing a duhh and just saying "Hi Glenn. how are you?" (rather than I'm fine hehehe) Glenn then answered me back with "I'm fine" and I realised my error. oops!! :P On the second hole my father (who was with me this day) got to meet Glenn and get his F1 insert signed.

On Friday ( my last day at PB :cry: ) I hung out with another lady ( we will call her Ms. S) who had been coming for years to see Glenn. In the morning Glenn said "good morning" to both of us and a few holes later I got a HUGE GRIN from him! Ms. S wanted a picture with Glenn so when she asked him I took her picture.. actually took two just to be safe! but my big event came at the end of the day....

It was the last few holes and I just didn't feel right leaving without some closure so..... I approached Glenn as he going from one green to the tee. I got his attention and when he came over, I said simply " Today was my last day day at Pebble Beach and I just wanted to say it has been a pleasure to meet you." Glenn winked at me and squeezes my hand as he speaks!! His exact words were : "For me too HONEY, take care of yourself. "

It was a tremedous week and I am so glad I went! :D

Brooke
02-20-2008, 10:26 PM
Awwww, tf! That was great! I'm so happy for you!

Now, we need to see your picture with Glenn, too! Pretty please?

Freypower
02-20-2008, 10:35 PM
Congratulations, TF. What a great experience for you.

timfan
02-20-2008, 11:06 PM
Here's my picture with Glenn :D

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/timmyfan/frey/glennkath.jpg

Freypower
02-21-2008, 12:10 AM
Very nice!

I haven't mentioned this before but he seems to have a bandage on his finger. I suppose he cut it. My husband cuts his finger all the time.

:shock:

timfan
02-21-2008, 12:34 AM
The wrap on his finger is to help with gripping the golf club I believe :)

Mrs Frey
02-21-2008, 03:56 AM
OH MY GOODNESS, TF!!!

I've been dying to hear your account of Pebble Beach, and now that I've read it I'm SO happy for you, girl! Your picture with Glenn :heart: is great and you look lovely! It's so wonderful that he paid so much attention to you and as for his last comment to you... :fainted: Well, I think I would have been close to fainting if he'd called me "Honey"! :shock: What a lovely man!

glenneaglesfan
02-21-2008, 07:37 AM
Timfan, welcome back!!

What a wonderful three days you had! Glenn sounds such a lovely man. How sweet that he was so concerned about your accident, and what a nice thing to say at the end.

That's a lovely picture of you and Glenn. I'm not sure which one of you has the biggest smile! :D

Thanks so much for your news!!

glenneaglesfan
02-21-2008, 07:51 AM
Apologies for the double post. I've just found this very brief reference to a gala that Glenn performed at at Pebble Beach.

http://fromthegrove.blogspot.com/2008/02/hampson-and-me.html

I'd love to know a bit more about it.

Glennsallnighter
02-21-2008, 08:00 AM
Very nice!

I haven't mentioned this before but he seems to have a bandage on his finger. I suppose he cut it. My husband cuts his finger all the time.

MF and I had our own ideas on the bandage! :wink:

Glennsallnighter
02-21-2008, 08:03 AM
Welcome back from me too TF! I'm delighted you and your dad had such a good time and that you got your own special bit of 'Glenn :heart: time'. Your pic looks lovely! I'm sure you'll treasure it.

Brooke
02-21-2008, 12:27 PM
Great pic with Glenn, tf! Thanks for showing us. What lovely smiles on both of you! 8)

EasyFeeling
02-21-2008, 12:42 PM
OMG, I've missed a lot in the last few days. :shock:
TF, that's wonderful, thanks for sharing your PB story with us. And you look lovely as well as Molly in her photo. :D :D What can I say about Glenn... he looks fantastic, as always. :heart:

Perfect Little Sister
02-21-2008, 01:06 PM
Apologies for the double post. I've just found this very brief reference to a gala that Glenn performed at at Pebble Beach.

We ran into one of the people working pb at breakfast one morning. She told us that all the celebs got together and did a show for the volunteers on Wednesday evening. Silly woman couldn't remember which songs Glenn sang. :roll:

Perfect Little Sister
02-21-2008, 01:09 PM
Very nice!

It's not a bandage per se, but a piece of sports tape around the knuckle. I would never dare to ask, but I wouldn't be surprised if he has some repetitive use injuries in his hands from all those years of guitar work. I assume it is to support that joint and improve his grip.

Glennsallnighter
02-22-2008, 05:44 AM
Soda! Can I just say here what a fabulous page you have put up on Pebble Beach 2008! I had a look through it this morning, and it really is great! Thanks for all the hard work and hope you are feeling better!

Oh and BTW, your own pic with Glenn :heart: is lovely....
You make a gorgeous couple :wink:

Mrs Frey
02-22-2008, 06:14 AM

We ran into one of the people working pb at breakfast one morning. She told us that all the celebs got together and did a show for the volunteers on Wednesday evening. Silly woman couldn't remember which songs Glenn sang. :roll:

:rofl: That was funny, PLS!

Having said that, it's a pity she didn't remember the songs!

Mrs Frey
02-22-2008, 06:18 AM
Very nice!

It's not a bandage per se, but a piece of sports tape around the knuckle. I would never dare to ask, but I wouldn't be surprised if he has some repetitive use injuries in his hands from all those years of guitar work. I assume it is to support that joint and improve his grip.

PLS, thanks for giving us a bit more information about this. I was wondering what the "plaster" as I called it was for.

Mrs Frey
02-22-2008, 06:28 AM
Soda, allow me to commend you, in addition to GA's comments, on the fantastic job you've done on the Pebble Beach 2008 page :applause:. I wasted no time in downloading the videos (Brooke, you're an angel! Thank you SO much for your efforts!), and later I read your review. I don't know why you were so shy to show the other half of your picture with Glenn :heart: - you look great, girlfriend! :nod:

I must beg to differ with you on the Elvis issue, though :wink:. Both gentlemen are musical heroes/heartthrobs/idols/influences of mine, and have had an equally enormous impact on my life. Both men are among the few artists who care/cared enough about their fans to spend time with and pay attention to them - just one of the reasons why I love them so much.

But, no matter - we are all entitled to our tastes and opinions! :wink:

EasyFeeling
02-22-2008, 06:45 AM
I also wanted to say thank you all for your efforts. When MF mentioned the Pebble Beach page I had no idea what she was talking about but then I found it. :D

sodascouts
02-22-2008, 09:54 AM
The photo simply doesn't do justice to my great beauty, is all. ;) But I HAD to put it up somewhere on the site. I have always wanted a photo of me with him on here. I figured, tucked away back there, it won't do a lot of damage, but it'll still be on the site.

I'd also like to thank Molly, who just sent me PB coverage as well. I appreciate how you gals have taken so much trouble to help me out.

02-22-2008, 03:37 PM
Yes - the Pebble Beach page looks great, Soda. Thanks to Brooke, Molly, and PLS for all of your contributions.

Perfect Little Sister
02-22-2008, 04:05 PM
Weeelllllllllllllll...having to stare intently at Glenn for hours, focus the camera on him time after time...it was a tough job...but somebody had to do it. :wink:

I promise, it was my pleasure. :D :twisted:

Brooke
02-22-2008, 05:17 PM
Just checked out the PB page. Looks terrific! :applause:

DonFan
02-22-2008, 05:48 PM
The PB page does look terrific. Nice picture of the two of you, Soda!

glenneaglesfan
02-23-2008, 07:11 AM
Weeelllllllllllllll...having to stare intently at Glenn for hours, focus the camera on him time after time...it was a tough job...but somebody had to do it. :wink:

I promise, it was my pleasure. :D :twisted:

Lol, PLS! And thanks for going through that ordeal!

Soda, the PB page is excellent. Thank you and Molly and Brooke as well for putting that up, and your picture with Glenn is lovely.

02-23-2008, 12:49 PM
So true, PLS, so true - It must have been a hard burden to bare. Especially, since some of us could just stand around and take in the lovely scenery using nothing but our own eyes. :wink: :wink:

sodascouts
02-25-2008, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the kind words about the page, guys. I appreciate it!

sodascouts
10-30-2008, 07:01 PM
Where do you see that? The list of celeb is from 2008.

But I'll tell you what - if indeed he's going - I'll be there too (barring unforeseen circumstances)!

GlennLover
10-30-2008, 07:13 PM
Sooooo sorry Soda.:-( I guess I got so excited that I didn't realize that the list was from 2008, even though the rest of the info was from 2009. Hope I didn't give you a heart attack :headshake:. I' so anxious for him to be there so those who can go can see him.

P.S. I deleted my message. Again, so sorry!

Wildthyme
10-30-2008, 07:19 PM
I have made plans to go to Pebble Beach this year. I am holding off on actually buying my ticket until the list of this year's players goes up. I have my fingers crossed Glenn will be there and am very hopeful considering he usually plays the Pro-am. But I will likely go anyway because I am a big golf fan and there are other celebs there, including the pros, that I would be very excited to see!

sodascouts
10-30-2008, 07:25 PM
Don't feel bad GlennLover - the way they have it set up is very confusing. You see this big banner proclaiming "PEBBLE BEACH 2009" so naturally you assume the celebrity player info is current. Wish they'd start updating it for real!

GlennLover
10-30-2008, 08:17 PM
I'd do almost anything to go if Glenn was playing, but it's not in the budget. I'm on the wrong coast. If anyone goes, I'll be there with you in spirit.

Glennsallnighter
11-01-2008, 09:18 PM
I'm in the wrong country!! :scowl:

Mrs Henley
11-01-2008, 09:24 PM
I'm in the wrong country!! :scowl:

Same here!

Freypower
11-02-2008, 07:59 PM
I can beat that. I'm in the wrong hemisphere.:-(

GlennLover
11-03-2008, 12:23 AM
LOL guys :laugh: .

GlennLover
11-15-2008, 12:39 AM
I see that they have started to post the list of celebrities on the Pebble Beach site for 2009. No sign of Glenn yet. :pray: for you Soda!

MikeA
11-15-2008, 09:05 AM
This has nothing to do with Glenn Frey playing at Pebble Beach, but this past week while in Vegas, I did walk 9 holes of the Wendy's 3-Tour Tournament. I followed Rocco Mediate, Fred Funk and Natalie Gulbis.

Whether Glenn is playing or not, if you have the slightest interest in Golf, you should try to make it out to a Pro event. This was my second one. The first was the US Open when it was played at Souther Hills in Tulsa, OK back in 2002 I think.

It's nothing like a Rock Concert. These players, especially in events that are not "official USGA" tournaments (i.e. exhibition matches), are not walled off by security guards.

That may not be true of Celebrities in matches however.

While walking from Green to Tee, several times the players were literally rubbing shoulders with the spectators. I even spoke a word of encouragement to Rocco who is one of the most spectator friendly players around. Fred Funk is the same. I couldn't speak to Natalie though if I could have made my mouth work I could have! Now "I" might have done some freckle counting there had my brain been functioning properly!

11-15-2008, 02:01 PM
This has nothing to do with Glenn Frey playing at Pebble Beach, but this past week while in Vegas, I did walk 9 holes of the Wendy's 3-Tour Tournament. I followed Rocco Mediate, Fred Funk and Natalie Gulbis.

Whether Glenn is playing or not, if you have the slightest interest in Golf, you should try to make it out to a Pro event. This was my second one. The first was the US Open when it was played at Souther Hills in Tulsa, OK back in 2002 I think.

It's nothing like a Rock Concert. These players, especially in events that are not "official USGA" tournaments (i.e. exhibition matches), are not walled off by security guards.

That may not be true of Celebrities in matches however.

While walking from Green to Tee, several times the players were literally rubbing shoulders with the spectators. I even spoke a word of encouragement to Rocco who is one of the most spectator friendly players around. Fred Funk is the same. I couldn't speak to Natalie though if I could have made my mouth work I could have! Now "I" might have done some freckle counting there had my brain been functioning properly!

:nod: :nod: :nod: I totally understand this Mike - welcome to my world. The first time I went to Pebble Beach and Glenn came over to talk to us, I honestly didn't know if I was going to be able to utter a word. However, I quickly regained my composure, and got my mouth moving perfectly. :wink: My eyes functioned very well too, as I took in quite a bit of freckle-counting "over the course" of the next few days.

Glennsallnighter
11-18-2008, 06:46 AM
Well lets hope at least some of us will be freckle counting at Pebble Beach again this year :thumbsup:

TimothyBFan
09-14-2009, 02:33 PM
This is coming forward simply because I have never read this or the Pebble Beach Saga from 2007 completely----till today!!! I was reminded of it by PM in the 10,000 Soda post thread and decided to read the 2007. Loved it so much, started on this one! Great stories and I've had a fun hour reading all these. Thought new members might want to check them out also. You girls crack me up. Is there any wonder that once you come to the Border you stay on the Border? So much entertainment right here!!!

sodascouts
09-14-2009, 05:31 PM
Such fun times! I like to re-read 'em myself... re-read and re-live! Oh, how I adore Glenn Frey (in a perfectly fan-appropriate way, of course! ;) )