PDA

View Full Version : Long Road Out of Eden: First Impressions Survivor

Pages : 1 [2]

Ive always been a dreamer
12-09-2007, 09:07 PM
The fourteenth song to be eliminated from Long Road Out of Eden Survivor is Do Something. “Do Something,” you may not be ready for the rocking chair, but you can’t just stand here taking up space. So please leave immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
Do Something – 5
No More Cloudy Days – 4
Long Road Out of Eden – 2
Somebody – 1
What Do I Do With My Heart – 1

Vote Breakdown
Do Something – Freypower
Do Something – DonFan
Do Something – EasyFeeling
Do Something – Glennsallnighter
Do Something – Ive always been a dreamer
No More Cloudy Days – scottside
No More Cloudy Days – rcknalwys
No More Cloudy Days – timfan
No More Cloudy Days – Maleah
Long Road Out of Eden – SodaScouts
Long Road Out of Eden – glenneaglesfan
Somebody – bdr529
What Do I Do With My Heart – Brooke

Songs eliminated:
I Love to Watch a Woman Dance 11/13
Fast Company 11/15
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture – 11/17
I Dreamed There Was No War – 11/19
Business As Usual – 11/21
I Don’t Want to Hear Any More – 11/23
Guilty of the Crime – 11/25
It’s Your World Now – 11/27
No More Walks in the Wood – 11/29
Busy Being Fabulous – 12/1
You Are Not Alone – 12/3
Center of the Universe – 12/5
Last Good Time in Town – 12/7
Do Something – 12/9

Songs remaining:
How Long
What Do I Do With My Heart
Waiting in the Weeds
No More Cloudy Days
Long Road Out of Eden
Somebody

Voting for Round 15 begins now.

sodascouts
12-09-2007, 10:14 PM
OK guys, I see that No More Cloudy Days is in danger. Therefore, if you wish to save that song, you need to join me in voting for Long Road Out of Eden.

SAVE NO MORE CLOUDY DAYS!!! VOTE LONG ROAD OUT OF EDEN!!!!

I cast my vote for Long Road Out of Eden.

DonFan
12-09-2007, 10:24 PM
Sorry Soda, no can do.
I cast my vote for No More Cloudy Days.

scottside
12-10-2007, 12:23 AM
No More Cloudy Days. I'm surprised this one lasted as long as it has.

Mrs Frey
12-10-2007, 08:06 AM
Aw no, I managed to miss a round of voting. I suppose it made my life a bit easier, as I couldn't decide between "Do Something" and the song I'm going to vote for now. Now the decision is easy.

I cast my vote for "Long Road Out Of Eden". Sorry, Don. :(

This song has really grown on me, but it's my least favourite of the remaining songs. And I LOVE "No More Cloudy Days"!!!

EasyFeeling
12-10-2007, 08:29 AM
I cast my vote for What Do I Do With My Heart.

Brooke
12-10-2007, 10:55 AM
Once again, I cast my vote for What Do I Do With My Heart.

I like the song, but IMO, it's a sleeper compared to NMCD and of what's left.. :shock:

rcknalwys
12-10-2007, 10:59 AM
Ok, here goes, I cast my vote for NMCD. Sorry Glenn.

Mrs Frey
12-10-2007, 11:13 AM
EF, Brooke and Becky: what are you doing to my heart, girlfriends? :shock: Those are two of my favourites on the album. I think some extreme measures are in order now:

:fight: :wink:

sodascouts
12-10-2007, 12:08 PM
Ah, the violence! It's getting ugly in here! ;)

Looks like it's still anybody's round. A real nail-biter!

12-10-2007, 01:07 PM
Yep - this is going to be an interesting round alright. But PLEASE - let's save What Do I Do With My Heart - it's time has not yet come. I absolutely LOVE this song. Even though the lyrics are rather predictable, it is a Frey/Henley collaboration. Glenn and Don's empassioned vocals on the song, and the beautiful arrangement take it above ordinary, IMHO. Brooke, I was surprised about your comment about the song not being "Eagley". I think it is one of the more "Eagley" tracks on the entire album - co-written by Glenn and Don, shared vocals by Glenn and Don, beautiful harmonies, country/rock music, bittersweet love message. Ah - what more could you want! :wink:

bdr529 - I understand your dilemma - deciding to vote with your heart or your head can be very tough when it comes to Eagles music. :)

Brooke
12-10-2007, 03:12 PM
Yep - this is going to be an interesting round alright. But PLEASE - let's save What Do I Do With My Heart - it's time has not yet come. I absolutely LOVE this song. Even though the lyrics are rather predictable, it is a Frey/Henley collaboration. Glenn and Don's empassioned vocals on the song, and the beautiful arrangement take it above ordinary, IMHO. Brooke, I was surprised about your comment about the song not being "Eagley". I think it is one of the more "Eagley" tracks on the entire album - co-written by Glenn and Don, shared vocals by Glenn and Don, beautiful harmonies, country/rock music, bittersweet love message. Ah - what more could you want! :wink:

I know dreamer! I don't know. It just doesn't get it done for me like the remainder of the songs do. :shrug: :dizzy:

12-10-2007, 04:17 PM
I know dreamer! I don't know. It just doesn't get it done for me like the remainder of the songs do. :shrug: :dizzy:

Well I guess I somewhat understand then, Brooke. And it's okay that you voted for it as long as you feel very bad about it. :P :wink: :D

However, I must reserve my right to resort to violence if necessary to protect this song.

:robinhood: :fight: :sword: :cuss:

Now, of course, I'm just kidding. But again, isn't it interesting how little conscensus there is about most of the songs on this album, even among a small group of fans. I really am glad the band went with the double CD so that they could include such a variety of songs. That way almost everyone can find a handful of tracks that they like. It really will be fun to see which tracks stand up the best over time.

Brooke
12-10-2007, 05:26 PM
However, I must reserve my right to resort to violence if necessary to protect this song.

:robinhood: :fight: :sword: :cuss:

:armed:

I'm ready! :machinegun: :saberfight:

:P

Freypower
12-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Yay! I can post! The board has been really slow for me and I thought I'd have to resort to a proxy.

I must say I'm surrpised and gratified that NMCD is still hanging in there. I love it - it means a great deal to me and I'm glad others feel the same way.

Regarding WDIDWMH I love the thing. I shouldn't, but I just do. :blush:

Having said that and much as I appreciate having not one but TWO Don-Glenn duets, I cast my vote for How Long.

Brooke
12-10-2007, 05:34 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock: :fainted:

Did I read that right? How Long? :shock:

Just kidding!

:headshake:

Maleah
12-10-2007, 08:51 PM
I cast my vote for No More Cloudy Days

timfan
12-10-2007, 08:59 PM
I cast my vote for Long Road Out of Eden

bdr529
12-10-2007, 09:35 PM
I still believe of all the remaining songs "Somebody" is the most deserving of my vote yet there is no way "Long Road Out Of Eden" should fall yet. My vote is not exactly against the song I feel should be fall. It’s obvious this round I have chosen to play defense. Joe’s only solid guitar licks must remain.

I am sorry but my vote is for "No More Cloudy Days"

sodascouts
12-10-2007, 11:47 PM
I still believe of all the remaining songs "Somebody" is the most deserving of my vote yet there is no way "Long Road Out Of Eden" should fall yet. My vote is not exactly against the song I feel should be fall. It’s obvious this round I have chosen to play defense. Joe’s only solid guitar licks must remain.

That guitar solo is the best thing about the song. I love it. I hope it's Joe, although since it's a Henley song, it's not certain.

bdr529
12-10-2007, 11:55 PM

That guitar solo is the best thing about the song. I love it. I hope it's Joe, although since it's a Henley song, it's not certain.

Listen closely to the solo. It’s classic Joe. It really has that feel. We need to confirm that. :grouphug:

glenneaglesfan
12-11-2007, 04:08 AM
Sniff, it looks as though I'm too late to save NMCD. In a last ditch attempt

I cast my vote for Long Road Out Of Eden.

Glennsallnighter
12-11-2007, 04:45 AM
I can't believe NMCD is on its way out already! How anyone who has seen Glenn :heart: sing it on F1 can vote it off is beyond me! JMHO!

Anyway in an effort to save it, although I feel its probably too late now I cast my vote for
'Long Road out of Eden'
Even if it doesn't help now, it may have a strategic role to play later on!

Freypower
12-11-2007, 07:17 PM

Listen closely to the solo. It’s classic Joe. It really has that feel. We need to confirm that. :grouphug:

Seriously, I hope you are right. I hope the LROOE solo is Joe. But given Joe's astounding neglect on this album, not only by Henley, but sadly by his buddy Frey, too, I am highly dubious about this.

Perfect Little Sister
12-11-2007, 08:22 PM
Just a thought, but perhaps the repetitive nature of working in the studio is hard on Joe and that is why (we think) there's more of Stu on the album. When (if?) they go live I am sure Joe will have plenty of solos. People love to see him tear it up.

Freypower
12-11-2007, 08:26 PM
If it is 'hard' on him then perhaps he should no longer be an official member of the band. As the alleged 'lead guitarist' my expectation at least was that he would play on this album.

As for him having plenty of solos - yes, I guess he will. On the old songs, the songs he already plays.

Perfect Little Sister
12-11-2007, 08:32 PM
The perhaps Don should not be an official member either as it is hard on him to play the drums and Scott is doing more and more of that. Spending hours in the studio had to be immensely hard on these guys. I know in August Glenn's hand was hurting him after he played those solos and that was after maybe a half hour. Can you imagine after 3 or 4 or 6 hours? BTW...do we have a break down of who played what on which? I haven't been around a whole lot lately and I'm sure I've missed some things. :? Hopefully life will start co-operating and let me do the important stuff, like post here. :D

12-11-2007, 09:01 PM
This just keeps getting harder and harder. I have a difficult decision because it looks like I am casting the tie-breaking vote. However, it must be done.

I cast my vote for No More Cloudy Days.

Like many of you, I love this song. However, when it comes right down to it, I went with my head instead of my heart this time. I just think LROOE is a better song overall.

12-11-2007, 09:04 PM
Soda - the time clock must be off here. I cast my vote at exactly 7:59 according to my PC. This is the same thing I've been doing of late. I immediately noticed that my post registered at 8:01, but again something is off. I am going to try another post in another thread and see what happens.

Edited to add: Well, I don't have to try again. According to my PC, I posted this one minute earlier than what it says on this post.

sodascouts
12-11-2007, 09:04 PM
Hmm..... somebody cast her vote at 8:01....

Edited to add: I see you have addressed this. Ah, moral quandry! Yours is the deciding vote. If I count it, NMCD goes. If I don't, LROOE goes.

12-11-2007, 09:12 PM
Okay - I would not be dishonest about this. I was sitting by waiting for the clock on my PC to register 7:59 before I hit submit. I am testing again with this post. At this moment my PC clock says it is 8:10 - let's see.

Edited to add: Okay - it did it again. The post registered at 8:12. If you go back to many of my previous votes, you'll see that I usually cast them at 7:59. I have never had this problem before.

sodascouts
12-11-2007, 09:21 PM
I know you're not being dishonest, dreamer. It's bad luck that your computer did that. I guess the question is, do we take into account bad luck, or do we go strictly by the rules? I'm still thinking.

sodascouts
12-11-2007, 09:31 PM
After agonizing - excessively, I'm sure, since this is only a game lol - I decided to be a stickler. I figure, it's just easier not to introduce exceptions. I guess it'll just have to be a case of "lesson learned" about last-second posting. Your connection could go out, your computer could freeze, your power could blink... all sorts of bad things that cause you to miss the deadline! Best to post a little earlier.

sodascouts
12-11-2007, 09:34 PM
The fifteenth song to be eliminated from Long Road Out of Eden Survivor is the title track, Long Road Out of Eden. “Long Road Out of Eden,” please leave immediately – we’ve got an SUV outside to take you home – what, you don’t want to ride in it? ;) The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
Long Road Out of Eden – 5
No More Cloudy Days – 5
What Do I Do With My Heart – 2
How Long – 1

Tie breaker:
Long Road Out of Eden – 6
No More Cloudy Days – 5

Vote Breakdown
Long Road Out of Eden – SodaScouts
Long Road Out of Eden – Mrs. Frey
Long Road Out of Eden – timfan
Long Road Out of Eden – glenneaglesfan
Long Road Out of Eden – Glennsallnighter
No More Cloudy Days – DonFan
No More Cloudy Days – bdr529
What Do I Do With My Heart – EasyFeeling
How Long – Freypower

Songs eliminated:
Fast Company 11/15
You Are Not Alone – 12/03
Center of the Universe – 12/05
Last Good Time in Town – 12/07
Do Something – 12/09
Long Road Out of Eden 12/11

Songs remaining:
How Long
Waiting in the Weeds
No More Cloudy Days
Somebody

Voting for round 16 begins now.

Freypower
12-11-2007, 09:49 PM
The perhaps Don should not be an official member either as it is hard on him to play the drums and Scott is doing more and more of that. Spending hours in the studio had to be immensely hard on these guys. I know in August Glenn's hand was hurting him after he played those solos and that was after maybe a half hour. Can you imagine after 3 or 4 or 6 hours? BTW...do we have a break down of who played what on which? I haven't been around a whole lot lately and I'm sure I've missed some things. :? Hopefully life will start co-operating and let me do the important stuff, like post here. :D

I agree with this, of course, and unfortunately, no, we have no breakdown of which musicians play on which track, and unfortunately we never will, because it would probably show that something called 'the Eagles' consists of the lead singer for each track, and backing musicians. We don't even know which tracks Tim, the official bass player, appears on (probably Don's tracks and his own). :?

All these criticisms were once applied to the Beatles' White Album. The difference is that only the Beatles (plus Eric Clapton) played on the White Album, whether they were 'session players on each other's songs' or not.

Now thankfully I can vote this round, and I cast my vote for How Long.

DonFan
12-11-2007, 10:10 PM
Wow. I can't believe Long Road out of Eden got voted off this round--so early! :shock:

Let's see: now we have NMCD, WDIDWMH, and Somebody--all Glenn leads--plus How Long--Glenn/Don co-lead; so Waiting in the Weeds is Don's only lead left.

Hmmmmmm.

DonFan
12-11-2007, 10:16 PM
The perhaps Don should not be an official member either as it is hard on him to play the drums and Scott is doing more and more of that.

???????

sodascouts
12-11-2007, 10:21 PM
Wow. I can't believe Long Road out of Eden got voted off this round--so early! :shock:

Let's see: now we have NMCD, WDIDWMH, and Somebody--all Glenn leads--plus How Long--Glenn/Don co-lead; so Waiting in the Weeds is Don's only lead left.

Hmmmmmm.

Wonder what will win?

Freypower
12-11-2007, 10:38 PM
The perhaps Don should not be an official member either as it is hard on him to play the drums and Scott is doing more and more of that.

???????

You need to look at PLS's response to what I said about how if Joe finds it hard to play in the studio he shouldn't be an official member of the band any more. That is all that was. I realise that Scott is basically the drummer now. I have more trouble accepting the way that Joe has been sidelined.

And I think that LROOE had a pretty good run, though it is my favourite track.

sodascouts
12-11-2007, 11:01 PM

???????

You need to look at PLS's response to what I said about how if Joe finds it hard to play in the studio he shouldn't be an official member of the band any more. That is all that was. I realise that Scott is basically the drummer now. I have more trouble accepting the way that Joe has been sidelined.

And I think that LROOE had a pretty good run, though it is my favourite track.

Yes, PLS was just trying to make a point, not advocating that Don quit the Eagles!

And LROOE beat out 14 other songs on the album and barely missed the top five. Not bad at all!

bdr529
12-12-2007, 01:31 AM
Why is it that Don has moved from the drums? Is it because of his ability, no? It is because he has been brought center stage. I will admit he has never been the most talented drummer however find a musician who also is a singer/songwriter of his caliber who plays the drums. Take Don Henley or Joe Walsh out of this band and it is simply FINISHED. For that matter try to replace any of the members, it will not work. DONE!!!!! What they do together is something that could not be duplicated alone.

Long Road Out Of Eden, it is too soon for it to be voted off however that is the way it goes. Go to this link, http://www.eagles-band.de/texte.php?id=115966 Listen to Joe's comments about the song. You will find as I suspected it is Joe's guitar work.

The results of the game I understand, different people will have different favorites. But to insinuate that any one of the Eagles is not a "official member" is ludicrous.
:puke:

sodascouts
12-12-2007, 03:21 AM
I love all the songs that are left - a great top five! But one of them has to go...

I cast my vote for Somebody.

A great rocker, but the vocal isn't as powerful as the vocals on those that are left, IMHO.

scottside
12-12-2007, 10:02 AM
I vote for No More Cloudy Days. I find it astonishing that LROE is gone already, but this is a Glenn Frey board. It wouldn't be this way anywhere else (and this is coming from a huge GF fan)! I think we all know what the winner will be in the end. I think it deserves to be in the top 3, but LROE is the song that I think belongs in the #1 place.

rcknalwys
12-12-2007, 10:56 AM
Soda, you did the right thing sticking to the rules and let that be a lesson to us all, don't wait to vote until the very last minute if you want to be sure your vote counts. As you said, anything can happen and will, that's a Murphy's Law thing. Dreamer, don't take that as a criticism toward you, I understand you were trying to do a little stratigic voting. Unfortunately the clock didn't cooperate with you. Drat!
I agree about Don's not playing drums since he has been brought front and center. I also think it would be difficult for anyone else to come into the band now as a replacement. Even though Steurt Smith is covering much of Don Felder's parts, I still miss his playing and can't imagine losing anyone else. But just because Joe and Timothy are not featured as much as some of us would prefer, it doesn't mean they aren't "official Eagles".
I am happy to see my favorite in the last 5, so now my fingers are crossed for it to be the last survior. I think it is great how we all see something different in our selection of the top songs. Just serves to show how diverse the cd is. Anyways, LROOE is gone. So now it's down to just 5 songs. I'm going to stick to my choice from the last round, No More Cloudy Days. While it is a good song, I prefer Somebody.

timfan
12-12-2007, 11:02 AM
I cast my vote for Somebody

Mrs Frey
12-12-2007, 11:21 AM
Oh my gosh. This is going to be the toughest round yet for me. I absolutely love all the songs left in the game. I'm tearing my hair out! However, I'm going to have to make a choice. I hate it! :cry:

Here goes (and I know GA is going to kill me :armed: ), but I'm going to cast my vote for "What Do I Do With My Heart". :weep: :weep: :weep:

That really hurt. I love the song to bits, and Glenn :heart: and Don sing this so beautifully, but when it comes to the Glenn :heart: songs, I prefer "No More Cloudy Days", as it's just more original, and of course "Somebody" is such a rocking number, and Glenn's :heart: vocal thrills me.

As for Don's "Waiting In The Weeds" - the lyrics are pure genius, and Don's vocals are stunning. It's so poignant.

Then there's "How Long" - I just can't sit still whenever I hear that song. It immediately lifts my mood, and I just get so excited whenever I hear it. Oh boy. The following rounds are going to be even harder. I can't say I'm looking forward to voting again. :(

I don't want to say too much about Joe or Don possibly not playing as many guitar solos or drums respectively on the album. What we have discussed here, with all due respect to everyone, is pure speculation. The individual instrumental performances have not been outlined for us, unfortunately, so we will never know unless the boys actually talk about it themselves. I love it when Joe plays guitar and when Don plays drums, but if they prefer to do less of that, then I feel we should respect whatever their decisions are. The album is great - I think we all agree on that - and I don't think we can ask for anything more.

Glennsallnighter
12-12-2007, 12:31 PM
MF! :( :weep: how could you :weep:

Ah well, you have to do what you think is the right thing to do! I won't hld it against you.

12-12-2007, 01:15 PM
I vote for No More Cloudy Days. I find it astonishing that LROE is gone already, but this is a Glenn Frey board. It wouldn't be this way anywhere else (and this is coming from a huge GF fan)! I think we all know what the winner will be in the end. I think it deserves to be in the top 3, but LROE is the song that I think belongs in the #1 place.

Scott – I partially agree with you here. Although, IMHO, LROOE should not have won this game, I think it is a better song than NMCD (and this is coming from another huge GF fan)! The way I look at it is that the only reason NMCD is still in the game and LROOE is not is because of an unfortunate computer glitch. I only hope that NMCD will be eliminated this round. However, I am withholding my vote because I like to wait until the end (in spite of freakin’ computer glitches).

I agree that the results in the game probably favor Glenn slightly because more Frey fans are participating. I am sure that Don would be slightly favored if the majority of the voters were hardcore Henley fans. It’s just makes sense that we tend to like the song of our favorite the best. However, in the previous Survivor games we’ve played on this board, the best songs tend to end up where they should for the most part. Of course, not everyone will ever agree 100% on the order that the songs should finish, but I think most of the time the best two or three songs have survived. Hopefully, that will be the case in this game, too.

BTW – I accurately predicted the top ten songs in this game. My top five list was LROOE; WDIDWMH; Somebody; Waiting In the Weeds; and How Long. I’m not predicting the winner. My list would have been correct if not for a freakin’ computer glitch. But, of course, I’m not bitter. :wink: :wink:

sodascouts
12-12-2007, 01:16 PM

I'm not sure one should assume that the only reason LROOE was voted off was because it wasn't a Glenn song and this was originally a Glenn board! Of the songs left, one is a Henley lead, two are shared leads, and two are Glenn leads. Hardly a massive divide there.

As for me, I don't like LROOE because I think it breaks down musically with the overdone Middle Eastern interludes. I also think it is overlong. I don't think it even deserved to get as far as it did. Other than the incredible guitar solo and Henley's vocals on parts like the bridge, it doesn't have much going for it, IMHO.

sodascouts
12-12-2007, 01:34 PM
However, in the previous Survivor games we’ve played on this board, the best songs tend to end up where they should for the most part. Of course, not everyone will ever agree 100% on the order that the songs should finish, but I think most of the time the best two or three songs have survived. Hopefully, that will be the case in this game, too.

Of the seven Survivors we have played, four of the winners have been Frey leads, three have been Henley leads.

Obviously, despite the origins of the board, Henley gets his props.

scottside
12-12-2007, 02:33 PM

I'm not sure one should assume that the only reason LROOE was voted off was because it wasn't a Glenn song and this was originally a Glenn board! Of the songs left, one is a Henley lead, two are shared leads, and two are Glenn leads. Hardly a massive divide there.

As for me, I don't like LROOE because I think it breaks down musically with the overdone Middle Eastern interludes. I also think it is overlong. I don't think it even deserved to get as far as it did. Other than the incredible guitar solo and Henley's vocals on parts like the bridge, it doesn't have much going for it, IMHO.

It this was an Eagles board, I'm fairly certain that what would be left in the top 5 would be mostly Henley songs. Now mind you, I'm NOT SAYING that I would vote that way (my top 5 would resemble what is left fairly with one or two exceptions), but I think the reality is that , aside from the obvious exceptions, the most popular Eagles songs are sung by Don. Glenn has had his share of the hits, but after ON THE BORDER, his lead vocals were way reduced in number.

To me, there is no comparison between LROE and NMCD. The former is extraordinarily ambitious in so many ways (yes, Henley's overreaching a bit in the lyrics department, but he's doing that way more nowadays, in general) plus I really feel that it goes in a direction that is so far from the norm (and I mean that in a good way). NMCD sounds like it should'be been on STRANGE WEATHER. I think Glenn does a fine job with it, but it's not one of his best, in my opinion. When I first heard that he had a new song on the farewell dvds, I was so excited until I heard it. It has grown on me a lot, but not enough for me to even think it belonged in the TOP 10 of LROE.

And I'll take this one even further....I would venture to guess that if Glenn did sing LROE, it would still be in the running. Oh, and by the way, the two shared leads (HL and WDIDWMH) are essentially Glenn's songs. He sings most of the former and nearly all of the latter. I'm just playing devil's advocate here, but it really does make sense to me that our opinions (and I am including myself here) are colored by the fact that we are essentially Glenn fans.

12-12-2007, 03:22 PM
It this was an Eagles board, I'm fairly certain that what would be left in the top 5 would be mostly Henley songs. Now mind you, I'm NOT SAYING that I would vote that way (my top 5 would resemble what is left fairly with one or two exceptions), but I think the reality is that , aside from the obvious exceptions, the most popular Eagles songs are sung by Don. Glenn has had his share of the hits, but after ON THE BORDER, his lead vocals were way reduced in number.

??????????

First of all, this IS an Eagles board. While it is true that the board is Frey-centric, the scenario you cite would only be true on a Henley-centric board. I can only cite the 2 greatest hits albums if you want to know the most popular Eagles songs – the breakdown is 7 Frey lead vocals, 9 Henley lead vocals, 1 Frey/Henley shared vocal, 1 Meisner lead vocal, 1 Schmit lead vocal, and 1 emsemble. That is hardly evidence that the most popular Eagles songs are sung by Henley. I might even be tempted to argue the opposite since Great Hits 1, the best-selling album, is dominated by Frey vocals. As far as the 4 Grammy’s that the band has won, the breakdown is 3 Frey lead vocals, 1 Henley lead vocal.

But why are we even counting? They are both very awesome and talented. Both men are equally important to the make up of the Eagles!

sodascouts
12-12-2007, 03:38 PM
And I'll take this one even further....I would venture to guess that if Glenn did sing LROE, it would still be in the running. Oh, and by the way, the two shared leads (HL and WDIDWMH) are essentially Glenn's songs. He sings most of the former and nearly all of the latter. I'm just playing devil's advocate here, but it really does make sense to me that our opinions (and I am including myself here) are colored by the fact that we are essentially Glenn fans.

What you say about the colored opinions makes sense to me, too.

What I chafe at is the implication that the songs are undeserving - that four of the songs in the top five are not there because of their quality, but because Frey dominates them.

Your main gripe seems to be that NMCD scraped by LROOE. It seems to me that your passion for LROOE and your disappointment in its elimination in favor of NMCD might be coloring your perceptions a bit regarding the rest of the five. This is especially ironic considering how close it was.

And believe me, I can ASSURE you that at least in my case, I would not ignore the problems with LROOE if Frey sang the song. Hell, he co-wrote the song. He also co-wrote my other two least favorites, Frail Grasp and Fast Company. By contrast, my favorite song is WITW, which Frey did not co-write, and upon which Frey's harmonies are so understated as to be missed by many listeners.

Perhaps for some people, the lead vocal is their main consideration - but is that wrong? People like different songs for different reasons. Would you criticize the Henley fans who voted for LROOE because they liked Henley's vocal better, and for no other reason? DonFan has admitted she'd probably like WDIDWMH better if Henley sang lead for the entire song, rather than just at the end. Should we condemn her for that? When she stated that, were Frey fans here jumping down her throat? Nope.

scottside
12-12-2007, 04:10 PM
Perhaps for some people, the lead vocal is their main consideration - but is that wrong? People like different songs for different reasons. Would you criticize the Henley fans who voted for LROOE because they liked Henley's vocal better, and for no other reason? DonFan has admitted she'd probably like WDIDWMH better if Henley sang lead for the entire song, rather than just at the end. Should we condemn her for that? When she stated that, were Frey fans here jumping down her throat? Nope.

My intention was not to criticize anyone for anything! If my posts are being taken that way, I apologize. I was merely observing how a Glenn Frey board (yes, I know in the big picture it's an Eagles board as well) not surprisingly would generally favor the songs that he sings. That was really it. Sorry for causing a stir...

sodascouts
12-12-2007, 04:18 PM
Sorry for causing a stir...

Please don't be. I actually like "stirs" between intelligent people who don't make it personal... and I hope you don't take my debating you as me being down on you personally. I like you and I'm glad you joined the board and started posting. You're a smart, no-nonsense guy.

But when there's a stir, I just have to grab a spoon. ;)

DonFan
12-12-2007, 04:21 PM
And I actually started it by counting up the remaining leads...
You just took the ball and ran with it! :twisted:

Brooke
12-12-2007, 04:25 PM
:headscratch: Insert "time out emoticon" here.

Ok, where are we?!

First, I'm shocked that the album's namesake has "already gone". It was my #2 in my top 10 and I love it. :weep:

And much as I love the Glenn songs, my top 2 are Don songs. I agree with scottside, most of Glenn's songs sound too Glenn solo. Not Eagley like Take It Easy, Tequila Sunrise or Peaceful Easy Feeling or even Heartache Tonight.

Let me also say that as much as I love the album, I'm very disappointed that it seems the guys never really got together to do it. Don doesn't play drums much anymore, and Joe is nearly non-existent. I feel sad that the band has come to this, but I guess we have to take whatever we can get and we get no votes on that. They try to tell us that "that's the way it's done these days." But I don't buy it. :(

Btw, my next vote, again, is for What Do I Do With My Heart.

12-12-2007, 04:30 PM
Hey - that goes for me too. I enjoy intelligent debate. That's one of the things I like about this board. You can disagree with people without them taking personal offense. Thanks for adding to the discussion, Scott. Please don't feel like you have to apologize for having an opinion here! If that were the case, I'd need to start figuring out how many "I'm sorry's" I have to copy and paste. :wink:

DonFan
12-12-2007, 04:54 PM
BTW, thanks for summing up my feelings about these two songs, scottside.

To me, there is no comparison between LROE and NMCD. The former is extraordinarily ambitious in so many ways...plus I really feel that it goes in a direction that is so far from the norm (and I mean that in a good way). NMCD sounds like it should've been on STRANGE WEATHER. I think Glenn does a fine job with it, but it's not one of his best, in my opinion....It has grown on me a lot, but not enough for me to even think it belonged in the TOP 10 of LROE.

I cast my vote for No More Cloudy Days....again.

scottside
12-12-2007, 06:26 PM
Not entirely on topic, but this crossed my mind a few times over the past few months. If Glenn took the 8 songs he does (including How Long even though that's a bit of a stretch-I dont' think he would've recorded that one on his own), he could've had a great start to a solo album! I guess the bigger question is whether or not he would've gone in this direction if hew was on his own. I mean these songs generally are more country/pop/rock than what he had been doing in the 80s and early 90s. Back in 1985, there were rumors that he was recording a new album that Dave Edmunds was supposedly producing. Obviously, it never got off the ground, but I always felt that could've been an interesting collaboration.

Glennsallnighter
12-12-2007, 06:38 PM
Not entirely on topic, but this crossed my mind a few times over the past few months. If Glenn took the 8 songs he does (including How Long even though that's a bit of a stretch-I dont' think he would've recorded that one on his own), he could've had a great start to a solo album!

Yes SS, I agree there. MF and I had the same 'conversation' a few weeks ago! But I suppose Glenn :heart: had been committed to the LROOE project since 2001 and so had to run with it. But I too am sure he has plenty of work that hasn't seen the light of day yet and could with only a small amount of 'fine tuning' have made a solo effort.

Maleah
12-12-2007, 07:52 PM
No More Cloudy days

Freypower
12-12-2007, 08:16 PM
Why is it that Don has moved from the drums? Is it because of his ability, no? It is because he has been brought center stage. I will admit he has never been the most talented drummer however find a musician who also is a singer/songwriter of his caliber who plays the drums. Take Don Henley or Joe Walsh out of this band and it is simply FINISHED. For that matter try to replace any of the members, it will not work. DONE!!!!! What they do together is something that could not be duplicated alone.

Long Road Out Of Eden, it is too soon for it to be voted off however that is the way it goes. Go to this link, http://www.eagles-band.de/texte.php?id=115966 Listen to Joe's comments about the song. You will find as I suspected it is Joe's guitar work.
The results of the game I understand, different people will have different favorites. But to insinuate that any one of the Eagles is not a "official member" is ludicrous.
:puke:

I would like to see the drummer and lead guitarist play drums and lead guitar, that's all. Some of us didn't want to see the album hijacked by the backing musicians. The 'official member' line was over the top, I agree, but I am bemused by what I'm hearing and the fact that I don't know who is playing. I would like to think Glenn plays electric piano on the title track. Unfortunately I am now wary of making any such claim.

You say if you took Joe Walsh out of the band it would be finished. For all intents and purposes, on this album he HAS been taken out of the band to a large extent.

If you took Don Henley and/or Glenn Frey out of this band it would be finished.

Freypower
12-12-2007, 08:25 PM
Not entirely on topic, but this crossed my mind a few times over the past few months. If Glenn took the 8 songs he does (including How Long even though that's a bit of a stretch-I dont' think he would've recorded that one on his own), he could've had a great start to a solo album! I guess the bigger question is whether or not he would've gone in this direction if hew was on his own. I mean these songs generally are more country/pop/rock than what he had been doing in the 80s and early 90s. Back in 1985, there were rumors that he was recording a new album that Dave Edmunds was supposedly producing. Obviously, it never got off the ground, but I always felt that could've been an interesting collaboration.

You make some good points here. Glenn's songs do sound like solo songs.

But (ducks) so do Don's. Including Waiting In The Weeds.

To me the only songs which sound like THE EAGLES on this album are the title track, How Long, No More Walks In The Wood and Busy Being Fabulous. Perhaps Do Something to a lesser extent. Every other song sounds like a solo song.

By the way Scottside, I share your admiration for the title track. It is a masterpiece. But regarding NMCD, I see that as a masterpiece too, in a different way.

Glennsallnighter
12-12-2007, 09:21 PM
Well it looks like NMCD is about to leave this round and the only way to save it is to vote for another Glenn :heart: song. Sorry, No can do! So I think I'll vote strategically this round.
I cast my vote for 'Waiting in the Weeds'

scottside
12-12-2007, 09:26 PM
I agree, Freypower, that WITW sounds like Henley solo. It actually reminds me a whole lot of A MONTH OF SUNDAYS in terms of the vocal delivery. The only thing that makes this song Eagles sounding are the vocals. I think it's a great song, but, in my opinion, not as great as LROE!

As far as who plays what on these cds, I think that when the Eagles finally get around to touring, we'll pretty much know who did what in the studio. With few exceptions, they usually do live what they did in the studio. Of course on those songs that Glenn recorded mostly on his own, we can throw those rules right out the door. Generally speaking, Glenn plays acoustic guitar on just about everything new these days...even on rockers like SOMEBODY and GUILTY OF THE CRIME. He might play the electric piano on LROE, but I'd guess it was one of the hired hands who does that part. Henley said in an interview somewhere that they recorded that song in sections so they probably bounced it back and forth between a few different studios. I highly doubt that they recorded the whole piece as a band, but I do have to admit that it really does sound that way!

sodascouts
12-12-2007, 09:46 PM

I've never heard the Edmunds rumor before - that would have indeed been interesting.

While you're right in that all those songs could have been on a Frey solo album, putting them on the Eagles album was, I think, the right choice. Those guys needed to do a new album "for their honor, for their pride" - and they did. And it's darn good, even if it isn't as much of a group effort as would be ideal.

I'm wondering if this Frey big-band solo album will materialize, or go the way of his country album in the 90s...nowhere.

EasyFeeling
12-13-2007, 05:52 AM
I haven't been here the last days so I thought I missed this round. I'm glad to be in time to cast my vote. :)
I barely have time to catch up on all the threads but this is an interesting discussion here.
As for me I don't care who sings lead on an Eagles song as long as I like it. Glenn is my favourite, yes, but he's not represented in my top 3 songs.
Too bad LROE is voted off. Definitely one of my top 3.

Mrs Frey
12-13-2007, 07:29 AM
Not entirely on topic, but this crossed my mind a few times over the past few months. If Glenn took the 8 songs he does (including How Long even though that's a bit of a stretch-I dont' think he would've recorded that one on his own), he could've had a great start to a solo album!

Yes SS, I agree there. MF and I had the same 'conversation' a few weeks ago! But I suppose Glenn :heart: had been committed to the LROOE project since 2001 and so had to run with it. But I too am sure he has plenty of work that hasn't seen the light of day yet and could with only a small amount of 'fine tuning' have made a solo effort.

Yes, that is true. GA and I did discuss this a while ago, but I'm quite happy that Glenn :heart: has included these songs on LROOE. To be realistic (and this is not a slight on Glenn :heart: at all!), his songs are getting far more exposure on an Eagles album than they would on one of his solo albums. That, unfortunately, is the way of the world. An album by the band as a whole is always going to sell better than a solo effort by any of the individual members. That is not to say that their solo work is inferior - on the contrary. So far I have managed to obtain all Glenn's :heart: solo work, and I enjoy it as much as The Eagles albums. However, the public is the public :roll: , and just as with The Beatles, the public wants EAGLES material more than albums by the individual members.

glenneaglesfan
12-13-2007, 07:30 AM
I agree, this game has opened up some very interesting discussion. While it's true that this is a 'Frey-centric' board, his weaker songs were voted off quickly. While you could argue that there are more Glenn vocals in the last five I think these songs all stand up on merit. Perhaps LROOE (incidentally, scottside, I'm interested in why you call it LROE, is that Long Road Out Eden or Long Road Of Eden? :wink:) should have beaten NMCD, and probably, if we repeat this game in the future, as has been suggested, we may find our favourites have changed.

Anyway, for now, perhaps it is time for No More Cloudy Days to go. I love it, but I love the others more.

Mrs Frey
12-13-2007, 07:36 AM

??????????

First of all, this IS an Eagles board. While it is true that the board is Frey-centric, the scenario you cite would only be true on a Henley-centric board. I can only cite the 2 greatest hits albums if you want to know the most popular Eagles songs – the breakdown is 7 Frey lead vocals, 9 Henley lead vocals, 1 Frey/Henley shared vocal, 1 Meisner lead vocal, 1 Schmit lead vocal, and 1 emsemble. That is hardly evidence that the most popular Eagles songs are sung by Henley. I might even be tempted to argue the opposite since Great Hits 1, the best-selling album, is dominated by Frey vocals. As far as the 4 Grammy’s that the band has won, the breakdown is 3 Frey lead vocals, 1 Henley lead vocal.

But why are we even counting? They are both very awesome and talented. Both men are equally important to the make up of the Eagles!

Oh, gosh, Dreamer, I couldn't agree with you more! :nod:

Yes, I admit that I'm a HUGE Glenn :heart: Frey fan - I absolutely adore him and his incomparable music. However, I also love Don Henley - he and Glenn :heart: are what make the Eagles THE EAGLES. So far, the band has survived changes in bass players and lead guitarists, but it would not survive without either of these two gentlemen. It took 14 years, after all, for the band to resume, because Glenn :heart: was not interested in doing so. FP, I'm with you there 100%.

Mrs Frey
12-13-2007, 07:43 AM
I haven't been here the last days so I thought I missed this round. I'm glad to be in time to cast my vote. :)
I barely have time to catch up on all the threads but this is an interesting discussion here.
As for me I don't care who sings lead on an Eagles song as long as I like it. Glenn is my favourite, yes, but he's not represented in my top 3 songs.
Too bad LROE is voted off. Definitely one of my top 3.

Highlighted text: EF, I feel exactly the same way. It just so happens that most of my favourites have Glenn :heart: on lead vocal (one of them was voted off way too early), but another of my favs is a Joe song, "Guilty of the Crime", and a Don song, "Waiting in the Weeds". I also love "Business As Usual" and "Centre of the Universe". The latter song sounds very "Eagley" to me, in addition to those that have been mentioned as sounding "Eagley". I also love Timmy's "I Don't Want to Hear Anymore". So, this girl may love Glenn :heart: Frey more, but she certainly loves the whole band too.

Mrs Frey
12-13-2007, 07:47 AM
I agree, this game has opened up some very interesting discussion. While it's true that this is a 'Frey-centric' board, his weaker songs were voted off quickly. While you could argue that there are more Glenn vocals in the last five I think these songs all stand up on merit. Perhaps LROOE (incidentally, scottside, I'm interested in why you call it LROE, is that Long Road Out Eden or Long Road Of Eden? :wink:) should have beaten NMCD, and probably, if we repeat this game in the future, as has been suggested, we may find our favourites have changed.

Anyway, for now, perhaps it is time for No More Cloudy Days to go. I love it, but I love the others more.

Highlighted text: LOL, GEF! :lol: I noticed that too! :wink:

Mrs Frey
12-13-2007, 08:09 AM

Ah well, you have to do what you think is the right thing to do! I won't hld it against you.

I'm sorry, GA (sniff). It was a tough decision for me to make, honest! :cry:

EasyFeeling
12-13-2007, 08:58 AM

Highlighted text: LOL, GEF! :lol: I noticed that too! :wink:

Thank God no one noticed that I made the same mistake. :blush: :wink:

Glennsallnighter
12-13-2007, 06:43 PM

I'm sorry, GA (sniff). It was a tough decision for me to make, honest! :cry:

I understand my dear! And if thats the toughest decision you'll ever have to make in you life you won't be doing too badly :D

12-13-2007, 08:59 PM
Thank God no one noticed that I made the same mistake. :blush: :wink:

lol, EF. I wouldn't worry too much about it. I seriously doubt anyone here is going to flog anyone over an acronym. :wink: :wink:

Now for the voting. Well, it looks like justice will be done and NMCD will finally be eliminated even without my vote. Therefore, I will vote strategically ...

I cast my vote for Waiting In the Weeds.

sodascouts
12-13-2007, 09:04 PM
The sixteenth song to be eliminated from Long Road Out of Eden Survivor is No More Cloudy Days. “No More Cloudy Days,” it breaks my heart when some songs leave.... but oh well, that’s life. Please leave immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
No More Cloudy Days – 5
What Do I Do With My Heart – 3
Somebody – 2
How Long – 1
Waiting in the Weeds – 2

Vote Breakdown
No More Cloudy Days – DonFan
No More Cloudy Days – glenneaglesfan
What Do I Do With My Heart – Mrs. Frey
Somebody – SodaScouts
Somebody – timfan
How Long – Freypower
Waiting in the Weeds – Glennsallnighter
Waiting in the Weeds – Ive always been a dreamer

Songs eliminated:
Fast Company 11/15
Do Something – 12/09
No More Cloudy Days 12/13

Songs remaining:
How Long
Waiting in the Weeds
Somebody

Voting for round 17 begins now.

Freypower
12-13-2007, 09:19 PM
Well, I again cast my vote for How Long. It's a good track but I am very surprised that it made the last four (although I am even more surprised that Somebody did).

scottside
12-13-2007, 09:37 PM
I vote for Somebody this time. I was so happy that Glenn actually sang a rocker this time which is why I probably didn't vote it out sooner. It's a great song, but I wouldn't call it a classic. I prefer How Long mainly because it just sounds so much like vintage Eagles, probably more than anything else on the two cds.

sodascouts
12-13-2007, 10:22 PM
I love "Somebody" and I love that Glenn did a rocker as well. He can really tear it up when he wants to. However, of the songs that are left, I'm gonna vote for this one because of that bit with the spooky voice - the song's only flaw.

I cast my vote for Somebody.

timfan
12-13-2007, 10:34 PM

DonFan
12-14-2007, 01:06 AM
I love Somebody, and I love the fact that Glenn changes his voice to that spooky, growly sound!

However......
I agree wth everyone who said that How Long has a true "Eagles" sound, so....
As much as I like it, I reluctantly cast my vote for Somebody.

12-14-2007, 01:19 AM
Please, please - Somebody totally ROCKS! Please let's save it for now. We need to form a coalition and vote for What Do I Do With My Heart. I am going to wait to see how this goes down before casting my vote.

EasyFeeling
12-14-2007, 09:08 AM
I cast my vote for What Do I Do With My Heart, again.

Mrs Frey
12-14-2007, 11:17 AM
I hate myself now, but I'll have to vote for "What Do I Do With My Heart" again.

I'm sad that NMCD has been voted off - it's so beautiful, and Glenn's :heart: vocals are exquisite.

Glennsallnighter
12-14-2007, 11:24 AM
I'm sad that NMCD has been voted off as well, but its inevitable with 3 out of 5 songs remaining being 'Glenn :heart: ' songs it was inevitable.

Dreamer, not a hope of me joining that coalition.

glenneaglesfan
12-14-2007, 11:42 AM
Oh dear, it's so tough now, but I'm going to go with GA here.

I cast my vote for Waiting In The Weeds

Sorry, Don. :(

Maleah
12-14-2007, 03:31 PM

Brooke
12-14-2007, 04:53 PM
Wow, I'm in shock here! This is going to be interesting. I may have to wait a little longer too.

bdr529
12-14-2007, 11:53 PM
I cast my vote for......

SOMEBODY

Oh and just to get under some peoples skin, a true Eagles fan does not prefer one member of the band over the other and most definitely does not choose to vote certain songs off or vote to keep certain songs alive just because of blind fandom to one member of the band. It is a band not a bunch of individuals that make the Eagles the Eagles and leaves us with the music we all love. No one member has done it. There is no "I" in team, there is no "I" in band either.

12-15-2007, 04:57 PM
Oh and just to get under some peoples skin, a true Eagles fan does not prefer one member of the band over the other and most definitely does not choose to vote certain songs off or vote to keep certain songs alive just because of blind fandom to one member of the band. It is a band not a bunch of individuals that make the Eagles the Eagles and leaves us with the music we all love. No one member has done it. There is no "I" in team, there is no "I" in band either.

bdr - I'm going to have to totally disagree with you here. I agree that the Eagles are a much greater entity collectively than they are separately, but to say a true fan can't have a favorite band member would eliminate an extremely high percentage of fans. In addition, whoever participates in this game can cast their vote for whatever reason they want. None of us have to justify our reasons for voting the way we do. There are many times that we may disagree with the way someone votes, but that doesn't mean that the person doesn't have a right to vote however they want. As they say "That's why they play the game."

Also, I just want to let everyone know that I am filling in for Nancy in posting the results of this round because she is away with her family. I am going to be out at a Christmas dinner as well, so the results of the round will be posted late tonight. I apologize for the delay, and will post the results as soon as I get home. Please don't cast your vote for the Round 18 until I announce that it is officially underway.

BTW - IMHO, sadly right now it looks like Somebody will be going down. In hopes that there will be a last minute rally ...

Brooke
12-15-2007, 06:06 PM
Well, I don't think it will matter cause I think Somebody is going this time. I love that song! :weep:

But anyway, I'm with dreamer here, I still think WDIDWMH should go next.

So, without further ado,

I cast my vote for What Do I Do With My Heart. Again!

Anyone out there?

PLEASE SAVE SOMEBODY!

Please? :pray:

bdr529
12-15-2007, 07:41 PM

bdr - I'm going to have to totally disagree with you here. I agree that the Eagles are a much greater entity collectively than they are separately, but to say a true fan can't have a favorite band member would eliminate an extremely high percentage of fans. In addition, whoever participates in this game can cast their vote for whatever reason they want. None of us have to justify our reasons for voting the way we do. There are many times that we may disagree with the way someone votes, but that doesn't mean that the person doesn't have a right to vote however they want. As they say "That's why they play the game."

Also, I just want to let everyone know that I am filling in for Nancy in posting the results of this round because she is away with her family. I am going to be out at a Christmas dinner as well, so the results of the round will be posted late tonight. I apologize for the delay, and will post the results as soon as I get home. Please don't cast your vote for the Round 18 until I announce that it is officially underway.

BTW - IMHO, sadly right now it looks like Somebody will be going down. In hopes that there will be a last minute rally ...

Dreamer, we can agree to disagree there. :headbang:

12-15-2007, 10:45 PM
The seventeenth song to be eliminated from Long Road Out of Eden Survivor is Somebody. “Somebody,” you must feel good, but not good enough. There is a big black crow calling you home, so please leave immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
Somebody – 6
What Do I Do With My Heart – 4
Waiting in the Weeds – 2
How Long – 1

Vote Breakdown
Somebody – scottside
Somebody – SodaScouts
Somebody – timfan
Somebody – DonFan
Somebody – Maleah
Somebody – bdr529
What Do I Do With My Heart – Mrs. Frey
What Do I Do With My Heart – Ive always been a dreamer
Waiting in the Weeds – glenneaglesfan
How Long – Freypower

Songs eliminated:
Fast Company 11/15
Do Something – 12/09
Somebody 12/15

Songs remaining:
How Long
Waiting in the Weeds

Voting for Round 18 begins now.

scottside
12-15-2007, 11:12 PM
What Do I Do With My Heart is my vote this time around. It was a hard choice to make....but not that hard!

DonFan
12-16-2007, 12:55 AM
I cast my vote for What Do I Do with My Heart.

EasyFeeling
12-16-2007, 08:51 AM
Me too, What Do I Do With My Heart should go this time.

glenneaglesfan
12-16-2007, 09:30 AM
Nooo, this is my absolute favourite. It's a Frey/Henley collaboration and I love that bit where Don and Glenn sing together.

So, I cast my vote for How Long.

timfan
12-16-2007, 03:24 PM
I just want to say that all three of the remaining songs are FANTASTIC songs IMO but.... I cast my vote for What Do I Do With My Heart.

Glennsallnighter
12-16-2007, 06:20 PM
Looks like my fave is on the way out! I've loved the overall song since I heard it, and the part at the end where Don and Glenn :heart: sing together is absolutely haunting. I couldn't possibly vote for it.

Freypower
12-16-2007, 06:22 PM
I cast my vote for How Long.

Regarding 'blind fandom' I am with Dreamer on this. I am a true Eagles fan but I am proud to be a Frey fan. I can't just not be a Frey fan because of some sort of objection to 'blind fandom'. I don't vote that way in these games.

Brooke
12-17-2007, 05:38 PM
I'm thinking WDIDWMH is going down, finally!

So, for a bit of strategy, I cast my vote for How Long.

12-17-2007, 08:59 PM
Well - it's tough to see any of these songs eliminated because they are all great! It looks like I can vote strategically as well. Therefore ...

I cast my vote for Waiting In the Weeds.

12-17-2007, 09:04 PM
The eighteenth song to leave the island in Long Road Out of Eden Survivor is What Do I Do With My Heart. “What Do I Do With My Heart” , it’s so hard to say goodbye. However, you need to make a new start, so please leave immediately. The two remaining songs, please step forward for the final round.

Votes
What Do I Do With My Heart – 4
How Long – 3
Waiting in the Weeds – 2

Vote Breakdown
What Do I Do With My Heart – scottside
What Do I Do With My Heart – DonFan
What Do I Do With My Heart– EasyFeeling
What Do I Do With My Heart – timfan
How Long – glenneaglesfan
How Long – Freypower
How Long – Brooke
Waiting in the Weeds – Ive always been a dreamer

Songs eliminated:
Fast Company 11/15
Do Something – 12/09
Somebody 12/15
What Do I Do With My Heart 12/17

Songs remaining:
How Long
Waiting in the Weeds

We’re at the last round. This round is special, so it’s done differently. We’re not going to vote for the song we want to go. We’re going to vote for the song we want to win. This is how they do it on the real show, after all. Once again...

Vote for the song you want to win.

Voting for the final round begins now.

timfan
12-17-2007, 09:06 PM
I cast my vote for Waiting in the Weeds

sodascouts
12-17-2007, 09:24 PM
Oh gosh... I can't decide! I'll have to give it some more thought.

Freypower
12-17-2007, 09:37 PM
I wish WDIDWMH hadn't gone. As it has, I now have to backtrack on voting against How Long, and vote FOR it.

How Long is nowhere near my favourite track on this album but it's quintessential 'Eagles'. While I think WITW is a superior song I haven't really 'fallen' for it yet.

So I vote for How Long to win.

rcknalwys
12-17-2007, 10:33 PM
This is by far the easist round for me to cast my vote in. My favorite song is one of the last 2 survivors, so I happily cast my vote for Waiting In The Weeds to be the last surviving song. This is one I listen to over and over and over again. While How Long definately has that "Eagles sound" we expect, WITW is just the best track on the whole cd, IMHO. This has been so much fun, can't wait to do it again in the coming months after we've all had time to listen and ruminate on the material LROOE contains.
Once again, I vote for WITW to be the last song standing.

DonFan
12-17-2007, 10:44 PM
I cast my vote for Waiting in the Weeds for the win!

Maleah
12-18-2007, 12:31 AM
I cast my vote for Waiting in the Weeds for the win

bdr529
12-18-2007, 12:50 AM
"Waiting In The Weeds" is the clear choice as the winner. As a matter of fact it goes down as one of my all time favorite works and that is saying something. I want to thank you all, I enjoyed the discussion and the game.

EasyFeeling
12-18-2007, 04:47 AM
Oh, I'm happy to be able to vote for my favourite song on that album. :D

I vote for Waiting In The Weeds.

Mrs Frey
12-18-2007, 11:17 AM

Ouch, bdr! I am most certainly a true Eagles fan, even though I admit that Glenn :heart: is my favourite. It's not something that I can help - I did not purposely set out to have a favourite. I just find Glenn :heart: to be EXTRA special - there are so many facets to him that appeals to me. That is not to say that there are not many facets of the others that appeal to me, but that's just the way it is. It needs no explanation or justification. It's human.

And Don's songs certainly feature among my favourite Eagles songs. How could they not? He was always, and still is, Glenn's :heart: partner. Certainly, the Eagles would not be the Eagles without all the members we know and love.

Mrs Frey
12-18-2007, 11:22 AM
I've been struggling with this decision the whole day, and now I'm finally going to cast my vote.

I sincerely wish that I didn't have to make the choice, but sadly, I must. Both these songs mean a lot to me, for different reasons. I can identify strongly with "Waiting in the Weeds" right now, and its poignancy makes me sad, with its haunting melody, gorgeous arrangement and vocals and genius lyrics. "How Long" lifts my spirits everytime I hear it - I love the stunning Glenn/Don duet and the classic Eagles harmonies. I love the country/rock accompaniment and the terrific guitar solo.

Oh, gosh, what an awful decision to make. However, I've agonised long enough, so here goes:

I cast my vote for "How Long" for the win!

The reason: the song makes me feel happy.

12-18-2007, 11:43 AM
First of all, I want to say that I love both of these songs about the same, so it is difficult for me to make a choice. They are both fantastic and deserve to be in the final round, IMHO. However, I must choose, so …

I cast my vote for How Long for the win.

One reason why I feel How Long should win is simply because of personal preference. I have said this before, but when all things are equal between two songs, I most always choose a rocker over a ballad. In addition, I think How Long should win because as Freypower said – it is quintessential Eagles. True, it wasn’t written by them, but J.D. Souther is about as close as you can get to being an Eagle without really being one. The song has great lyrics and music – about as Eagles as you can get. I love the shared vocals between Glenn and Don and the harmonies are just phenomenal. The song has deservedly been nominated for a Grammy for its vocals and harmonies. Also, outside of the hardcore fanbase, almost everyone that hears it, say “It sounds just like them.” I can’t think of a bigger compliment than that.

While Waiting in the Weeds is a gorgeous song, my only criticism is that it sounds a bit more of a Don solo song than Eagles. We have said the same thing in this game about several of the songs sounding more like solo efforts than collaborations. I just think that How Long is more of a collaborative effort for the band, and, therefore, deserves to win the game.

BTW - I urge everyone that has been playing this game to be sure to cast a vote. I think it's going to be another close round. :D

scottside
12-18-2007, 01:11 PM
Dreamer, I couldn't have said this better myself. While I would concede that Waiting In The Weeds may be a superior song in terms of the lyrics and message, How Long is just so Eagles that I feel compelled to vote for it as the song that should be the last one standing. In fact I was hoping to find more Eagles songs on this collection in the vein of HL.

Brooke
12-18-2007, 02:35 PM
WITW has been my number one choice from the very beginning. The first time I heard it, it took my breath away. It is just so beautiful and haunting that I just love it. :fainted:

Now, I'm the first to admit that it sounds more like a Don solo song. And I know I've voted against some because they sounded Glenn solo. So, how's that for a double standard! :roll: :headshake:

I do love How Long, too, and you are right, it is quintessential Eagles, but.....

Waiting In The Weeds is too good to be denied first place. I really feel that Don and Stuart outdid themselves here. The lyrics, the musical arrangement. Everything.

Therefore, I cast my vote for Waiting In The Weeds for the win!

Glennsallnighter
12-18-2007, 05:53 PM
Well for me it just came down to one straight forward question. If I was in the car and had time on my journey to listen to only one song, which would I listen to out of the two that are left? (I know WITW is twice as long as HL, but thats not the issue here). And quite honestly I can say that I'd listen to How Long. I think also it is one which encompasses all of the Eagles, rather than just one person. Also its a real rocker which as soon as it was released made the statement 'Were back' and put Glenn back in charge. also love singing along to it when it comes on on the radio or on the cd. (God help the other motorists :D ). It puts me on a high.

Therefore I cast my vote for 'HOW LONG' to win the Song Survivor.

Freypower
12-18-2007, 07:20 PM
And Don's songs certainly feature among my favourite Eagles songs. How could they not? He was always, and still is, Glenn's :heart: partner. Certainly, the Eagles would not be the Eagles without all the members we know and love.

There is just one slight problem with that. On the song we are discussing, Waiting In The Weeds, Don's partner is very definitely Steuart, not Glenn.

Call me irrational but the Don/Stueart thing happened too quickly for me (although I suppose so did Glenn writing on his own after all these years). To me the songwriting credits on this album signal that the Henley-Frey partnership is on its last legs. And that is sad. I find this hard to explain. I'd rather vote for something that reminds me of how the band used to be rather than what's about to happen.

Glennsallnighter
12-18-2007, 08:27 PM
Dreamer, I couldn't have said this better myself. While I would concede that Waiting In The Weeds may be a superior song in terms of the lyrics and message, How Long is just so Eagles that I feel compelled to vote for it as the song that should be the last one standing. In fact I was hoping to find more Eagles songs on this collection in the vein of HL.

SS, I'm not trying to be smart or to play on words or anything, but make sure that you categorically say 'I cast My vote for......' rather than just saying you feel compelled to vote for a song. I'm not trying to undermine Dreamer or Soda either by saying this and I hope no one will take it the wrong way. Its just I feel HL needs all the votes it can get and wouldn't like to see a vote discounted on a technicality if such a technicality exists.......

scottside
12-18-2007, 08:49 PM
To clear up any potential confusion, I cast my vote for HOW LONG.

sodascouts
12-18-2007, 10:05 PM
Better safe than sorry, right GA? ;) The vote would have counted because he did make it clear by "compelled to vote..." but hey, it never hurts to double-check.

I've been struggling with this vote, but dreamer has sold me. While I absolutely adore Waiting in the Weeds, I feel - as scottside said - that this song needs to be the last one standing as a representative of the quintessential Eagles song. This IS an Eagles Survivor, after all.

I cast my vote for HOW LONG for the win.

Brooke
12-18-2007, 10:26 PM
"Waiting In The Weeds" is the clear choice as the winner. As a matter of fact it goes down as one of my all time favorite works and that is saying something. I want to thank you all, I enjoyed the discussion and the game.

I'm going to question bdr's vote as Ga questioned ss's vote. Is this considered a vote for WITW?

sodascouts
12-18-2007, 10:31 PM
Yes, that works. His "choice for the winner" counts for the vote.

bdr529
12-19-2007, 12:39 AM
OK, to make it perfectly clear I vote for "Waiting In The Weeds" as the winner. Also, "How Long" is a rocker?????????????? Is that why it is up for the best country song by a duo or a group? Does the Grammy committee not know what they are doing? "How Long" is a rocker and "Life In The Fast Lane" is smooth jazz. Please let us not get an up beat tempo confused with a rocker.

bdr529
12-19-2007, 12:41 AM
Yes, that works. His "choice for the winner" counts for the vote.

Thank You Soda

EasyFeeling
12-19-2007, 06:00 AM
While Waiting in the Weeds is a gorgeous song, my only criticism is that it sounds a bit more of a Don solo song than Eagles. We have said the same thing in this game about several of the songs sounding more like solo efforts than collaborations. I just think that How Long is more of a collaborative effort for the band, and, therefore, deserves to win the game.

I partially agree here. But that "bit" is not enough that I would say it sounds more of a Don solo song. When it comes to the harmonies it's pure Eagles. Ok, How Long sounds more like the Eagles, that's true. I like the song but it doesn't deserve to be the winner only for that reason. But that's just my opinion. :wink:

glenneaglesfan
12-19-2007, 07:42 AM
Freypower, if you have time, I think you need to vote.

I agree with all of you who have voted for How Long. I find it much more reminiscent of the Eagles sound. Waiting In The Weeds is an outstanding song, but like you, Fp, I miss Glenn's influence.

Mrs Frey
12-19-2007, 08:06 AM
OK, to make it perfectly clear I vote for "Waiting In The Weeds" as the winner. Also, "How Long" is a rocker?????????????? Is that why it is up for the best country song by a duo or a group? Does the Grammy committee not know what they are doing? "How Long" is a rocker and "Life In The Fast Lane" is smooth jazz. Please let us not get an up beat tempo confused with a rocker.

:? Hmmm, bdr - "How Long" might not be an out-and-out "rocker", but it's certainly country rock at the very least, and not pure country, in my opinion. I, for one, cannot sit still when I listen to it, and pure country music doesn't usually inspire me to dance.

I can see why Dreamer would see this song as a rocker - what rocks hard for us is not necessarily what rocks hard for you, so it's a matter of opinion.

DonFan
12-19-2007, 10:18 AM

I partially agree here. But that "bit" is not enough that I would say it sounds more of a Don solo song. When it comes to the harmonies it's pure Eagles. Ok, How Long sounds more like the Eagles, that's true. I like the song but it doesn't deserve to be the winner only for that reason. But that's just my opinion. :wink:

All these statements against WITW are very interesting. Dreamer says it sounds a bit more like a Don solo song; GEF says the song misses Glenn's influence; Even Soda voted against it because she felt HL was more representative of an "Eagles" song? I'm afraid those arguments don't stand up with me. These people are voting for HL, which wasn't written by an Eagle at all! HL was written by JD, someone who isn't even in the Eagles. WITW was written by an Eagle--Don. WITW is a lush, beautiful song that showcases every harmony, every nuance the Eagles are famous for. It deserves to win.

EasyFeeling
12-19-2007, 10:36 AM
WITW is a lush, beautiful song that showcases every harmony, every nuance the Eagles are famous for. It deserves to win.

YES! :applause:

rcknalwys
12-19-2007, 11:40 AM
How Long may sound like the Eagles as we remember them, but they've grown and changed over the years as we all have, so that isn't a criteria for me in choosing the song I want to win. I totally agree with you DonFan, it is a lush, beautiful song. I find myself listening to it over and over, each time finding something else to like. Definitely see it as a classic Eagles song. The issue of who wrote what doesn't make a song more worthy of being the winner IMHO. Just like Brooke, this has been my number one pick from the beginning, no matter who did what. My vote stands firm for WITW to be the surviving song.

bdr529
12-19-2007, 12:36 PM
Don Fan I could not agree with you more. Did anyone stop to think if there was no solo work done in the past this is what type of songs we would have been getting all along by the Eagles? Some with more influence of one member more then the other yet Eagles songs just the same.

It is painfully obvious there have been votes for "How Long" solely because Glenn is a more prevalent part of the song. It has even been admitted by some "Waiting In The Weeds" is a better song. Votes are not going to the best song on the CD of the Eagles but against Don and to Glenn.

" WITW is a lush, beautiful song that showcases every harmony, every nuance the Eagles are famous for." says Don Fan. He points out it was written by an Eagle. I guess just not the right Eagle. Let me add the lyrics are not only beautiful but imaginative. The changing chorus proves that.

When I first heard the single I thought to myself "Hey, that’s OK. I really hope the whole CD does not have that complete country flavor though" I will admit I was skeptical as I waited for my preorder. When listening to the CD for the first time I was pleasantly surprised. "Waiting In The Weeds" set itself above all other songs from day one. Like many other songs it not only was music to my ears but to my soul also.

12-19-2007, 12:59 PM
Let me just say that I believe either song is worthy of being the winning song. Even if that were not the case, the players in this game are free to vote for whatever song they wish for whatever reason they wish without having their vote devalued. Everyone is free to express their opinion here as long as it is respectful of others. We are close to crossing that line here. I think it is important to remember that this is all subjective, and ask that everyone be careful not to criticize individual votes. You can make a case for your favorite song without criticizing others.

EasyFeeling
12-19-2007, 01:56 PM
Let me just say that I believe either song is worthy of being the winning song. Even if that were not the case, the players in this game are free to vote for whatever song they wish for whatever reason they wish without having their vote devalued. Everyone is free to express their opinion here as long as it is respectful of others. We are close to crossing that line here. I think it is important to remember that this is all subjective, and ask that everyone be careful not to criticize individual votes. You can make a case for your favorite song without criticizing others.

This is true and the way it should go. Everyone has its own criteria to pick the favourite. We are very involved in defending our favourites in this game, eh? :wink:

sodascouts
12-19-2007, 03:33 PM
I think the game is at its most fun when people are invested in the winner and passionately defending their favorites. I also think it's a great idea to explain why you like a song or why you think it should win, and why you think it deserves to win more than its opponent. I know dreamer's sell of How Long was what got me to finally vote for it!

Several of you are also making great points for Waiting in the Weeds. It is such an amazing song - I won't be upset if it wins. It is definitely just as deserving. I agree with DonFan's eloquent and succinct description of it - you can tell she's a writer. ;) I certainly am not going to say something like a vote for Waiting in the Weeds is a vote "against Glenn and to Don" as was said about How Long (in reverse). That sets up a false opposition. Both songs are worthy of consideration on their own merits.

I love this debate. The Eagles are really an amazing band and their new music can stir up just as much passion as their classics. Not many bands that have been around for as long as they have can say that! We've just got to keep it from becoming about the voters rather than about the songs.

DonFan
12-19-2007, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the kind words about my writing, Soda. I could not have put it any better than this, however:

"Waiting In The Weeds" set itself above all other songs from day one. Like many other songs, it not only was music to my ears but to my soul also.
Well done, bdr!

Freypower
12-19-2007, 06:27 PM
Freypower, if you have time, I think you need to vote.

I agree with all of you who have voted for How Long. I find it much more reminiscent of the Eagles sound. Waiting In The Weeds is an outstanding song, but like you, Fp, I miss Glenn's influence.

I did vote. See the previous page. I voted for How Long. To make it clear,

I vote for How Long to win.

And I wish to make it perfectly clear that for me this is NOT an 'anti-Don' and 'pro-Glenn' vote and I am starting to get rather tired of these claims. I state again that if it had been up to me, the winner of this game would have been the title track, which is sung by Don.

Regarding the songwriting credit I repeat that the sudden emergence of the 'Henley-Smith' songwriting team has brought a few things home to me. I would have preferred to see this credit on Don's next solo album, not on an Eagles album. I also think that Jack Tempchin co-writes should have been on Glenn's next album.

When we do the Henley, Frey and Walsh survivor games, brd, perhaps you will get more of an idea of how Frey fans feel about Henley songs, etc.

sodascouts
12-19-2007, 09:45 PM
And the winner of Long Road Out of Eden Survivor is...

WAITING IN THE WEEDS!!!

Congratulations, Waiting in the Weeds! You are the last song standing!

Check out these vote tallies, folks. I went back and recounted to make sure. It could NOT have been closer. In fact this was the hottest race of any Survivor we've ever done. GREAT game, people. Thanks for playing!

Votes
Waiting in the Weeds - timfan
Waiting in the Weeds - rcknalwys
Waiting in the Weeds - DonFan
Waiting in the Weeds - Maleah
Waiting in the Weeds - bdr529
Waiting in the Weeds - EasyFeeling
Waiting in the Weeds - Brooke
How Long - Freypower
How Long - Mrs. Frey
How Long - ive always been a dreamer
How Long - scottside
How Long - Glennsallnighter
How Long - sodascouts
How Long - glenneaglesfan

Vote Breakdown - TIE
Waiting in the Weeds- 7
How Long - 7

Tie Breaker Votes (number of votes cast in previous rounds)
How Long - 7
Waiting in the Weeds - 6

Songs eliminated:
Fast Company 11/15
Do Something – 12/09
Somebody 12/15
What Do I Do With My Heart 12/17
How Long 12/19

We don't have any live performances of this to listen to, so to celebrate, I guess you could go watch the video I made for it on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6RICAg1WW8)!

timfan
12-19-2007, 10:29 PM
WOW that could not have been a closer race! A GREAT game by all accounts :D Congrats to WITW and a special mention to How Long which is definately a classic Eagles song.

There is also this WITW video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9yzmH5EszY on youtube.. very poignant 8)

sodascouts
12-19-2007, 10:30 PM
Lovely nature pics in that one!

DonFan
12-19-2007, 10:50 PM
:applause: :applause: :applause:

Yay!! A fitting end to a hard-fought game!

Brooke
12-19-2007, 11:15 PM
Whew! That was a close one! Congrats to WITW! A gorgeous song to be sure!

I really enjoyed everyone's comments about both songs. And to be sure, everyone is entitled to like or dislike any of them. I'm glad we can all respect everyone's opinion and have fun. I think this was was the best game we've had so far, too.

Well done and thanks to all who participated! :applause: :applause: :applause:

glenneaglesfan
12-20-2007, 04:41 AM
Wow! What a close one. Congratulations to Waiting In The Weeds as the winner, and How Long as the runner up!

Tf, thanks for the link to that video.

Fp, apologies, I missed your first post this round.

Mrs Frey
12-20-2007, 06:48 AM
:applause: Congratulations to "Waiting in the Weeds"! Despite my vote, it was really a difficult choice for me to make, as I LOVE this song too. It makes me stare into space and think hard. It's relevant to my life.

I tend to listen more to the lead vocalist upon my first few listens to a song, and I certainly concentrated more on Don's vocals than the harmonies at first. I know I stated in another thread that Glenn's :heart: harmonies were not distinguishable until near the end of WITW, but I realise now that I was wrong. He is clearly audible throughout the harmonies (to my ears, anyway), singing the lower middle voice between Don and Tim. He seems to be more prominent towards the end, though.

I would also like to add that all this talk about some of us being "anti-Don", just because we have a preference for Glenn's songs, is absolute nonsense. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that we all love Don Henley, and the wonderful, brilliant part he has played in the success of The Eagles.

Mrs Frey
12-20-2007, 07:08 AM

There is just one slight problem with that. On the song we are discussing, Waiting In The Weeds, Don's partner is very definitely Steuart, not Glenn.

Call me irrational but the Don/Stueart thing happened too quickly for me (although I suppose so did Glenn writing on his own after all these years). To me the songwriting credits on this album signal that the Henley-Frey partnership is on its last legs. And that is sad. I find this hard to explain. I'd rather vote for something that reminds me of how the band used to be rather than what's about to happen.

When I stated that Glenn :heart: is Don's partner, I was speaking generally, though - not specifically about WITW. However, I understand how you feel, FP. We've all got to know and love the Henley/Frey songwriting partnership, and it's what was responsible for the great success of the Eagles, IMHO. Their songs have stood the test of time.

I must point out, though, that Glenn :heart: has also still been collaborating with Jack Tempchin, his constant songwriting partner from the solo years. I haven't been able to distinguish a "Steuart-style" from any of the songs on which he is credited with having collaborated - they sound very Henley to my ears. Just as the "Frey-style" is evident in the songs Glenn :heart: has written with a partner other than Don.

You can't help how you feel, but I wouldn't worry too much about it, FP. Perhaps Glenn :heart: and Don are just more comfortable working this way, given their history. Don made it clear in the "60 Minutes" interview that tension between him and Glenn :heart: still exists because of Glenn's :heart: position as leader of the band, that they don't always agree with each other on decisions made by either of them and that he sometimes gets tired of having to compromise.

At least we got an album out of the boys after all these years. It's a brilliant album - I think we are all in agreement on that score - and in the end, that's all that matters. The dominance of Henley and Frey over the group is still evident, and the product still sounds like the Eagles. That's about all we can ask for.

EasyFeeling
12-20-2007, 10:42 AM
Yay :D :D :D Congratulation to Waiting In The Weeds! :yay:
Temporary I doubted that this song would win but I never gave up my hopes. :wink:

Like Brooke said it was the best and I would say most emotional game so far. And I enjoyed it. Didn't we say we do this album again sometime? I'm curious what song will be the winner then. :wink:

rcknalwys
12-20-2007, 01:49 PM
:cheers: :thumbsup: :yay: :yay: :yay: :partytime:

Oh my!!!!! I'm so thrilled to see WITW win the game! Not to take anything away from HL, but this song is simply superb IMHO. I have really enjoyed this game, it was exciting right down to the end and so many great points were made that gave me much to think about. While I also would prefer more collaboration between Glenn and Don, obviously we aren't going to get it, so I'm thankful for all the great music we did get. I'm not overly fond of Steuart, but if his input is what it took to complete this cd, more power to him. There were several surprise vote offs, songs I thought would stick around a little longer, but that just shows there is something for everyone on LROOE. Emotions ran high as we all had different opinions and reasons for the way we voted and many of us went back and forth on our choices, but in the end, all the songs were winners, no matter which one was the lost song still standing. I'm looking forward to playing again in a few months to see if our feelings have changed. Thanks for the great game everyone.

sodascouts
12-20-2007, 10:12 PM
I know I stated in another thread that Glenn's :heart: harmonies were not distinguishable until near the end of WITW, but I realise now that I was wrong. He is clearly audible throughout the harmonies (to my ears, anyway), singing the lower middle voice between Don and Tim. He seems to be more prominent towards the end, though.

It's interesting you say that, because after I made a similar comment, I went back and listened again - and sure enough, I could hear Glenn early on, too. Maybe you just have to listen for it.

sodascouts
12-20-2007, 10:17 PM
I have really enjoyed this game, it was exciting right down to the end and so many great points were made that gave me much to think about. While I also would prefer more collaboration between Glenn and Don, obviously we aren't going to get it, so I'm thankful for all the great music we did get. I'm not overly fond of Steuart, but if his input is what it took to complete this cd, more power to him. There were several surprise vote offs, songs I thought would stick around a little longer, but that just shows there is something for everyone on LROOE. Emotions ran high as we all had different opinions and reasons for the way we voted and many of us went back and forth on our choices, but in the end, all the songs were winners, no matter which one was the lost song still standing. I'm looking forward to playing again in a few months to see if our feelings have changed. Thanks for the great game everyone.

I am in complete agreement. I figure we'll play the game again in several months - perhaps the summer or so - we'll see what we feel like!

12-22-2007, 01:36 AM
Congratulations Waiting in the Weeds. Although, it wasn't my choice to win the game, it is, in fact, an absolutely wonderful, gorgeous song. This was a fun, interesting and close game. I think there were some surprises for everyone, and there were only a very few rounds where a majority of the voters agreed. I agree that it will be interesting to compare when we play again.

Glennsallnighter
12-28-2007, 06:03 AM
I haven't had a chance to comment on the result until now. While I voted for 'How Long' to win, I have to be fair and say that WITW was indeed a worthy winner of a hard fought battle. Both songs are excellent, and I particularly love the harmonies and the lyrics of WITW! So well done to it. It will be interesting when we play this game again what the result will be. I think there was a lot more tactical voting (and I'm as guilty of the crime as anyone else) in this survivor than in any of the other games we've played. Will that happen again? No doubt we'll find out!

Well done, Soda and Dreamer for facilitating a nailbiting game!

bdr529
12-31-2007, 09:36 AM
Thanks for the kind words about my writing, Soda. I could not have put it any better than this, however:

"Waiting In The Weeds" set itself above all other songs from day one. Like many other songs, it not only was music to my ears but to my soul also.
Well done, bdr!

Thank You DonFan. Please remember it was me who quoted you first, I also believe you shared your feelings and thoughts in a most eloquent way.

bdr529
12-31-2007, 09:45 AM
I think I can tell you which song will win once the game is played once again. "How Long" lost because of a tiebreaker. I am willing to bet with that being known "Waiting in the Weeds" will get more votes early on to avoid that from happening again. Thing is this is a game and how many times have we all said if I knew this was going to happen I would have played that differently?

I do agree with you all, it will be intresting the next time around.

sodascouts
12-31-2007, 12:52 PM
I think I can tell you which song will win once the game is played once again. "How Long" lost because of a tiebreaker. I am willing to bet with that being known "Waiting in the Weeds" will get more votes early on to avoid that from happening again.

Unless those early votes are counteracted by early votes for How Long for the same reason...