PDA

View Full Version : Don Henley w/ Carole King at Hyde Park in London, England - July 3, 2016

shunlvswx
03-08-2016, 02:33 AM
Don's representatives just posted this date on his facebook page.

Here's an article about the concert. Tickets are not on sale yet.

I'm guessing this will probably be Don's first time playing Hyde Park. I don't think I've heard the guys play here before.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/carole-king-tapestry-british-summer-time-hyde-park-a6917121.html

Also check back at this page to buy tickets when it goes on sale soon.
http://www.bst-hydepark.com/

ETA: Tickets go on sale this Friday.

Philh
03-08-2016, 08:09 AM
Tickets are on sale today for the Presale if you have a Barclaycard.
Hope there will be more UK dates!

maryc2130
03-08-2016, 08:11 AM
OMG! What an awesome combination. I probably have no chance of going but I would so love to!

UndertheWire
03-08-2016, 08:59 AM
I wonder if Don will also play Glastonbury. Last year he mentioned he'd like to play Glastonbury and the festival is just a week before the Hyde Park event.

Brooke
03-08-2016, 11:00 AM
This would be awesome! Go if you can!

buffyfan145
03-08-2016, 11:03 AM
That's awesome and with Carole too!!! :D

Freypower
03-08-2016, 04:15 PM
The way that was written to me indicated that Carole King is the headliner.

Brooke
03-08-2016, 04:39 PM
Yes, Don is a special guest. He might only do a song or two with Carol.

MaryCalifornia
03-08-2016, 09:24 PM
This is very cool. Hope some Borderers can go!

Freypower
03-08-2016, 09:48 PM
Yes, Don is a special guest. He might only do a song or two with Carol.

If any. :headshake: Although the article uses the word 'joined' it makes no mention of any onstage collaboration.

I'm just not sure why he needs to do this unless it turns out to be a warmup for a European tour. To my knowledge this is the first time in his career he has been a 'special guest' for anyone.

Ive always been a dreamer
03-08-2016, 10:28 PM
I also hope some of our Borderers across the pond will be able to go to this. It should be a great show.

MaryCalifornia
03-08-2016, 10:31 PM
I doubt he needs to do it. Maybe just something he is interested in, for whatever reasons he has. Maybe 47 years ago at the Troubador, he and Carol said, "When we're famous, we'll play a show at Hyde Park!" and now they're cashing in...who knows.

Philh
03-09-2016, 05:36 AM
Ordered my tickets.
This will be good publicity for Cass County as 60,000
People will go and many will not have gone to a solo
Don show.
Hope there are more UK dates as Festivals are not my favourite.

Funk 50
03-09-2016, 05:38 AM
I'm delighted Don is going to be playing such a huge show in the UK this summer. A show with Carol King is a bit too M.O.R. for me but I'd be interested in attending any other venues he may play, particularly outside the capital.

I expect he'll add a couple of Eagles hits to a Cass County heavy set list.

I doubt he needs to do it. Maybe just something he is interested in, for whatever reasons he has. Maybe 47 years ago at the Troubador, he and Carol said, "When we're famous, we'll play a show at Hyde Park!" and now they're cashing in...who knows.

Not financially but I don't think any of the Eagles will willingly retire, something within them can't resist the lure of the road.

beguilingeyes
03-09-2016, 12:44 PM
I have tickets for this (presale) and I'm ridiculously excited. I've never seen Henley solo..he hasn't played in the UK for _ever_ and Carole King doing Tapestry?! Wow. I thought it was a joke when somebody told me yesterday.

Prettymaid
03-09-2016, 10:04 PM
I am excited for everyone who gets to see this show. In my excitement I played the Tapestry album yesterday morning as I was getting ready for work. And as for special guest Don Henley? Icing on the cake!

Glennsallnighter
03-14-2016, 08:03 AM
I'm hoping that this is a prelude to a few shows in Ireland and /or the UK. i'm not into the whole festival thing and would rather just do a Don show. 2 things are hopeful
1. Taylor Swift announced BST last year and then released dates for more Ireland an UK shows.
2. Don said in the interview that he would have his own band there. He will hardly fly the band to England for just ONE show.... now will he? I would go to see him in Dublin or an easy to reach English city.

Brooke
03-14-2016, 11:45 AM
Surely not, Ga! Fingers and toes crossed he does some more dates for you!

DivineDon
03-14-2016, 05:01 PM
I'm hoping that this is a prelude to a few shows in Ireland and /or the UK. i'm not into the whole festival thing and would rather just do a Don show. 2 things are hopeful
1. Taylor Swift announced BST last year and then released dates for more Ireland an UK shows.
2. Don said in the interview that he would have his own band there. He will hardly fly the band to England for just ONE show.... now will he? I would go to see him in Dublin or an easy to reach English city.

Yeah, GA when I heard about the band I got excited! Here's hoping ♥

shunlvswx
03-14-2016, 05:18 PM
Usually if Don is playing just one show if its a private show or just one date(like when he did the Howard Stern show, they were there), his band is there. If not all of them, usually Steuart. So I expect to see Will, Scott, Steuart, Lance, Chris and Michael there at Hyde Park. Of course if they decide to continue to tour with Don since the Eagles are no more, but Will and Michael started out in Don's solo band before they were asked to be part of the Eagles backing band. But I think Will, Scott, Michael and Steuart will stay with Don until Don decides he wants all new band members which I think he has done before.

Philh
06-30-2016, 04:26 AM
Disappointed that Don's set has been cut to 75 mins at Hyde Park.
I know that Don is the special guest but perhaps they could not have included
One or two of the lesser known acts to make room.
I like Carole King but Don is the main reason we bought tickets.

sodascouts
06-30-2016, 10:59 AM
That's unfortunate. It seems that's almost always the case at festivals with multiple acts (I've been to a few of those in my time). Rarely will you get the whole show, although one lives in hope!

Glennsallnighter
06-30-2016, 11:21 AM
Very unfortunate really but I'm not terribly surprised as they usually have a lot to get through on festivals. This often happens acts. I'm glad I didn't jump the gun but waited for the full dates. But he WILL be very enjoyable to those of you who do go. You will certainly get quality

EaglesKiwi
07-02-2016, 04:31 PM
Tomorrow! Really looking forward to this, I just happened to have a trip to London booked for the same timeframe & was thrilled to get tickets to see Carole - I squealed when I saw Don would be there too. :thud: