PDA

View Full Version : Record Producer George Martin

WS82Classics
03-09-2016, 08:03 AM
Former Beatles producer George Martin, the so-called 'fifth Beatle,' has died at age 90. It was announced last night by Ringo Starr on his Twitter account.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-35761464

He also produced the works of such performers as America, Jeff Beck, Gary Brooker, Cheap Trick, Celiene Dion, Little River Band, and Dudley Moore. Very sad news.

buffyfan145
03-09-2016, 10:25 AM
RIP George. :( I'm so sad to see this. He was such a huge reason why The Beatles became so famous and he created so many of the sounds and styles of how their music was recorded. He saw something in them that others didn't. Paul, Ringo, Olivia & Dhani Harrison, both of John's sons, and so many others have wrote great tributes.

AlreadyGone95
03-09-2016, 12:55 PM
RIP George. I'm not too familiar with him, but it's still a sad day for music fans.

SilverAcidRayne
03-09-2016, 01:15 PM
i'm absolutely heartbroken.

SilverAcidRayne
03-09-2016, 01:16 PM
RIP George. :( I'm so sad to see this. He was such a huge reason why The Beatles became so famous and he created so many of the sounds and styles of how their music was recorded. He saw something in them that others didn't. Paul, Ringo, Olivia & Dhani Harrison, both of John's sons, and so many others have wrote great tributes.

yes. same thing I just posted on my facebook page. the end of an era indeed

Freypower
03-09-2016, 05:02 PM
RIP Sir George. Not only did he produce those iconic albums but he played keyboards on many tracks - a classic example being the 'harpsichord' break in In My Life. Nobody deserved the title Fifth Beatle more than he did.

WalshFan88
03-09-2016, 09:55 PM
RIP to a genius.

NOLA
03-11-2016, 04:05 PM
RIP, Mr. Martin. You were directly responsible for the sound that defined a generation and influenced countless others who have followed since then. Thank you for bringing the musical genius of the Beatles to life. You will be sorely missed!😢