PDA

View Full Version : Final tribute for Glenn. Will there be one and if so, how should it be done?

Brooke
03-14-2016, 03:32 PM
There a lots of ways to do a tribute to someone. Do you think the Eagles Grammy performance is enough and if not, what should be done?

I'm not sure I want to see the remaining guys up there with someone filling in for Glenn. Jackson did a fine job at the Grammy's, but I wonder if they would really want to do a whole concert. Maybe they have plans for something, but so far, nothing has been mentioned.

Lots of tributes have other bands/musicians doing the performing with the remaining members in the audience. What do you think?

TequilaSunrise82
03-14-2016, 03:45 PM
This is just my opinion, and I know not everyone will agree, but I would almost rather not see a tribute right now. I feel like it's still too early after Glenn's passing. I just can't envision it - the guys up there with a "replacement Glenn" and they would obviously be solemn and the songs wouldn't have the same feelings behind them.

I think at this point everyone is still going through a different stage of grief, and that includes the fans, members of the band and of course Glenn's family and friends. I think it will take a long time for everyone to come together and even be able to think about how to do a public tribute. (I know there was a private tribute already)

Personally, what is getting me through this stage is listening/watching videos of old performances from the 70s because that is how I want to remember Glenn and that is what brings me joy now. If they did a tribute now, I don't think I'd be able to watch it. Maybe a year from now I'll think differently.

L101
03-14-2016, 03:55 PM
I would like to see a tribute to Glenn at some point - maybe in a year or so when it's not so raw and emotional. Their performance at the Grammys was so emotional, and I really hope that in time, they will think about doing something.

I think something like the private tribute would be good - different bands/singers telling stories and playing songs that connected them with Glenn and how he influenced their lives and then ending maybe with the band themselves playing their favourite songs mixed in with stories etc.

I would also love to hear Don's eulogy and the song Joe wrote for Glenn from the private tribute.

buffyfan145
03-14-2016, 04:19 PM
I personally hope if/when there is one they do it similar to "The Concert for George". It was held exactly a year after George Harrison passed in 2002 and organized by his wife Olivia, their son Dhani, Jeff Lynne, and I think Paul McCartney, Ringo, and Eric Clapton. Olivia had a speech as did others, and the rest performed Geroge's and Beatles songs with a variety of other well known musicians. Paul still does the same tribute of singing "Something" while playing ukulele at his concerts and pictures of him and George together show behind him on the screen. I know the tribute was broadcasted on TV (which is how I saw it) but I can't remember if it was live or it aired before the DVD release date the following year. All the proceeds went to charities too. I loved getting to watch that concert and it helped me as George was my favorite Beatle and huge part of my life too and would love if Glenn has the same.

travlnman2
03-14-2016, 04:22 PM
I would like to see something similar like the concert for George. It had A bunch of diffrent guys like Clapton Jeff Lynye etc Dhani Harrison and Paul and Ringo. So maybe you something like that with people like

Bob Segear
Jackson
JD Souther
Glenn's son Deacon
The rest of the band (Including Felder but it's far fetched)
and a group of backing musicians.

Glennsallnighter
03-14-2016, 05:49 PM
I would like to see a tribute to Glenn :heart: at some stage and perhaps involving the other guys and other musicians who were a part of Glenn :heart:'s life. However I would like it ti be thoughtfully and tastefully done. Early next year perhaps - as Lacken says it is still too raw and emotional at present.
I would also love if the band were to bring out some sort of memorial souvenir to Glenn :heart: or possibly release all his studio albums as a CD or Vinyl box set with perhaps some photos and/or quotes of his. Perhaps for the Christmas market which would coincide with his first Anniversary too.

It remains to be seen what if anything will be done but IMHO there are a lot of fans still grieving who would like to see some sort of tribute that they too can participate in

MaryCalifornia
03-14-2016, 06:30 PM
I agree with all of this, and I'd like to add Linda Ronstadt and Stevie Nicks, though I know Linda can't participate.

Prettymaid
03-14-2016, 07:39 PM
It's no coincidence that Concert for George keeps getting a mention - it was a beautiful tribute, beautifully done. I would encourage anyone who hasn't seen it to watch it. I loved Paul's rendition of All Things Must Pass, and as has been mentioned, it was lovely watching George's son Dhani onstage.

I would like to add that if they do something like CFG, I do not need to see the remaining Eagles perform together - in fact, I hope they don't. I would much rather see them all perform separately from each other, except for perhaps the finale when everyone performs something together.

Gemini
03-14-2016, 08:09 PM
I know I'm in the minority here but as far as live performance, I feel like the Grammy performance was the tribute. For me, it was sort of a perfectly emotional thing. Maybe I feel this way because I'm not ready...I did spend the weekend with my concert dvds trying to forget Don said what he did in the BBC interview.

I do hope a dvd of the HOTE concert is released with something heartfelt either in writing or on video from each of the guys included ... Don's eulogy, Joe's song... Besides that, I'd like to see Don, Joe, and Tim out and about, creating, and being OK. I feel like that's a form of tribute too.

FWIW
03-14-2016, 09:41 PM
Count me as one who would love to see a public tribute for Glenn in the future. In addition to the performers already mentioned, I would love to hear the song Jack Tempchin wrote about Glenn. This song literally had me in tears as I thought about the impact Glenn had on so many people.

https://www.reverbnation.com/jacktempchin/song/20251872-theres-no-goodbye

Apologies if this was already linked here. I've read so much about Glenn recently that I sometimes forget where I found some of the material.

Ive always been a dreamer
03-14-2016, 10:44 PM
I talked about this in another thread. I do think it may be too soon to do a tribute concert for Glenn, but I sure do hope it happens. I believe the fans need something like this. I suggested that perhaps, it would be a wonderful idea for us fans to write all the remaining members of the band and Irving either collectively or individually and urge them to plan a concert. Maybe we could help them realize how much it would mean to us. I'm definitely going to send a letter to each of them in the near future.

sodascouts
03-14-2016, 10:45 PM
I'd really love a tribute concert open to the public, or at least recorded so we can view it. It might give us a sense of closure and besides, Glenn deserves that kind of honor. Maybe on the year anniversary of his death or the anniversary of some other Eagles milestone.

travlnman2
03-15-2016, 07:33 AM
This would be a perfect set imho

1.Already Gone.
2.The Heat Is On
3.You Belong In The City
4.Smugglers Blues
5.On The Border
6.Lyin Eyes
7.Peaceful Easy Feeling
8.Take It To The Limit(Performed By Randy who Talks about Glenn and The Early Days and thanks him for dedicating it him during the HOTE tour and Timothy Joins Him And they dedicate it to Glenn)
9.Tequila Sunrise
10.Heartache Tonight
11.Dootlin Dalton
12.Ol'55
13 New Kid In Town
Encore 1
14.It's Your World Now
15.James Dean
Encore 2
16.Take It Easy
17. Desperado
18 Wasted Time

Glennsallnighter
03-15-2016, 08:52 AM
I like it but I would like to see more of his own solo work included. There is a wealth of great music on all of his solo albums which is not included on this list. What about POMPOY? What about 'The One You Love', A personal favourite is mine is 'I did it for your Love'. And who could leave out 'After Hours'?

I don't think Randy is in a fit enough condition unfortunately to be able to sing TITTL although it would be a lovely gesture.

Glennsallnighter
03-15-2016, 08:55 AM
I talked about this in another thread. I do think it may be too soon to do a tribute concert for Glenn, but I sure do hope it happens. I believe the fans need something like this. I suggested that perhaps, it would be a wonderful idea for us fans to write all the remaining members of the band and Irving either collectively or individually and urge them to plan a concert. Maybe we could help them realize how much it would mean to us. I'm definitely going to send a letter to each of them in the near future.

I will do that too. Perhaps if they feel that there is a desire for his fans to express their sympathy and celebrate Glenn :heart:'s life they may organise something

Brooke
03-15-2016, 08:57 AM
I need to see the concert for George, but it sounds like this is something I would like for Glenn, too.

I don't need to see the remaining band members perform except maybe for one song or with the whole group at the end. I would love it if some would speak about Glenn and hopefully family members would be included.

I'm kind of afraid that since they haven't announced anything, that the Grammy tribute may be it. I so hope not.

travlnman2
03-15-2016, 09:40 AM
I like it but I would like to see more of his own solo work included. There is a wealth of great music on all of his solo albums which is not included on this list. What about POMPOY? What about 'The One You Love', A personal favourite is mine is 'I did it for your Love'. And who could leave out 'After Hours'?

I don't think Randy is in a fit enough condition unfortunately to be able to sing TITTL although it would be a lovely gesture..

I would think it considering his condition it would be an unplugged version Like with only him and Timmothy on acoustic guitars. I will update the list with some of his solo works :)

travlnman2
03-15-2016, 09:42 AM
I need to see the concert for George, but it sounds like this is something I would like for Glenn, too.

I don't need to see the remaining band members perform except maybe for one song or with the whole group at the end. I would love it if some would speak about Glenn and hopefully family members would be included.

I'm kind of afraid that since they haven't announced anything, that the Grammy tribute may be it. I so hope not.

Here is a link Feel free to remove it I case it is not in the right place.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LG5EdoxBVt0

OntheBorder74
03-15-2016, 04:15 PM
I like that list, agree a bit more of solo Glenn but a nice long concert mainly performed by his former bandmates and celebrities who admired him and his family but if that happens it would more likely take about a year to organise.

I'd like to also see a decent long video package of him in his prime performing some of these songs as well, more than just the short clip prefacing the Grammy Performance. SOmething like the ones fans have done on Youtube but kinda a extended chronology

Freypower
03-15-2016, 04:41 PM
Regarding any tribute show, I think the songs played should be songs that Glenn sang. Of those suggested above, I don't see how On The Border & especially Wasted Time relate to Glenn specifically, and having Wasted Time not only in the list but as the final encore doesn't make any sense to me. If it has to do with the line 'it wasn't really wasted time'', forgive me but I don't see that as an adequate summary of the life of someone who meant so much to so many people.

I also would not include James Dean because it seems inappropriate, or though it pains me to say so , Lyin' Eyes, because I don't believe anyone else should ever sing it and its lyrics don't seem to be what is required. I would include You Are Not Alone. It's tragic how LROOE is just being forgotten. If there has to be a song co-written by Glenn but sung by someone else, why not The Sad Café?

I do not think it is realistic to expect Randy Meisner to participate in any tribute.

What I would like to see is some emphasis on some solo songs, not just the obvious ones, but songs like Lover's Moon, I Did It For Your Love as GA stated, River Of Dreams, Soul Searchin' perhaps. I don't know about POMPOY. I think it should be left alone.

I would want Joe to perform his song & Tempchin to perform his.

I would like to see Live In Dublin released on Blu Ray & any record AT ALL of any other solo tour. I have a bootleg of a Strange Weather show. Surely a couple of them were filmed. If only the After Hours tour had been filmed. This is not the place to talk about Eagles releases.

AlreadyGone95
03-15-2016, 05:12 PM
Count me as one who would like to see a tribute some time down the road. I would like for Jack Tempchin to sing the songs he wrote/cowrote, You Belong to the City , Already Gone, Peaceful Easy Feeling, Somebody, The One You Love, True Love, After Hours etc. I would also like for there to be a fair representation of his solo songs. (Not just Smuggler's Blues, YBTTC, or THIO).

If there's an Eagles song that Glenn didn't sing, then I would want Desperado to be it, with the Eagles performing. The reason being that Glenn sang it solo, and it's one of the first songs Don and Glenn wrote together. I would like it to be the last song preformed, as I think that it's not only a good ending for a tribute to Glenn, but a good ending for the Eagles as a band.

As for performers, I would like the 4 Eagles (Don, Tim, Joe, and Bernie) to at least play one or 2 songs, like the aforementioned Desperado. Maybe have Bob Seger sing Heartache Tonight. I'm not sure about having New Kid in Town performed because I can't picture anyone but Glenn singing it, but maybe JD Souther could do it. I want a song from Strange Weather to be included, but I don't know which one, maybe the title track.

Prettymaid
03-15-2016, 06:58 PM
I don't think the remaining Eagles should be the back up band for any performer, meaning I don't want to see them playing with Jackson or Bob or whoever. I think their status should be the same as other solo performers for the event. I'm probably dreaming, but I'd like to hear Don Henley or Timothy do a song that Glenn sang lead on, Eagles or solo. Joe could sing the song he wrote and performed at Glenn's memorial. But to me, a tribute is when others perform the music of the deceased.

Brooke
03-15-2016, 08:53 PM
Great ideas everyone!

I also think only Eagles songs that Glenn sang and the solo songs mentioned.

Pm, I agree too that the remaining Eagles shouldn't be the backup band.

I'd like to see JD, Jackson, Bob, and Jack T perform as well as Joe do his song. I'd love to hear Don's tribute and Deacon perform.

FWIW
03-16-2016, 12:25 AM
In general I agree that the focus for Eagles songs should be those that Glenn sang, but in a few interviews, he said that OOTN is his favorite. Maybe that should be a consideration?

travlnman2
03-16-2016, 08:47 AM
I updated a set list taking in consideration everyone's suggestions.
1.Already Gone
2.The Heat Is On
3.Tequila Sunrise
4.Lovers Moon
5.Lyin Eyes
6.You Belong In The City
7.Soul Searchin
8.Your not alone.
9.Part Of Me Part Of You
10.Ol'55
11.After Hours.
12.Peacefull Easy Feeling
13.Somebody
14.Strange Wheather
15.Heartache Tonight.
16.River Of Dreams.
17.One OF These Nights*
Encore 1.
18.New Kid In Town
19.Dootlin Dalton.
Encore 2.
20.Its Your World Now.
21.No More Cloudy Days
Encore3
22.Take It Easy
23.Desperado

Edit
*Many have suggested playing One Of These Nights since it was Glenn's favorite Eagles song and Freypower suggested Sexy Girl might not be appropriate for this kind of tribute.

Freypower
03-16-2016, 05:51 PM
I like that, but I don't know about Sexy Girl at an event like this. I think OOTN could work, as he loved the song so much.

In terms of performers it would be nice if there were other people besides the California rock mafia. We know Randy Newman & Stevie Wonder were at the private memorial. Randy could sing his own Same Girl, of course, but the song I think he would nail would be After Hours, which has the same world weary piano style he employs. Also while Seger is an obvious choice for Heartache Tonight, he could sing something like Somebody or possibly even River Of Dreams.

It's weird thinking back on Glenn's career that he didn't really hang out with other rock stars & he didn't work with them either. He had no high profile guests on any of his albums (apart from TBS on Soul Searchin') and the last time he was a guest on an album was Don's Inside Job. When Warren Zevon recorded The Wind, it featured Don, Joe & Tim. Glenn was nowhere to be seen. That was one reason I was so surprised to see the photo of him with Paul Stanley at the Hall of Fame & that Gene Simmons actually went on TV to talk about him. And of course all the musicians he knew/worked with are American.

How I wish he had got beyond writing the songs he was apparently writing for another solo album.

AlreadyGone95
03-17-2016, 01:56 AM
I'm not sure about River of Dreams. To me, it seems to be too personal for someone else to sing it.

beguilingeyes
03-17-2016, 06:09 AM
I personally hope if/when there is one they do it similar to "The Concert for George". It was held exactly a year after George Harrison passed in 2002 and organized by his wife Olivia, their son Dhani, Jeff Lynne, and I think Paul McCartney, Ringo, and Eric Clapton. Olivia had a speech as did others, and the rest performed Geroge's and Beatles songs with a variety of other well known musicians. Paul still does the same tribute of singing "Something" while playing ukulele at his concerts and pictures of him and George together show behind him on the screen. I know the tribute was broadcasted on TV (which is how I saw it) but I can't remember if it was live or it aired before the DVD release date the following year. All the proceeds went to charities too. I loved getting to watch that concert and it helped me as George was my favorite Beatle and huge part of my life too and would love if Glenn has the same.

I was there! It was a magical event , and I agree, I'd love to see something like that for Glenn. I was at the Freddie Mercury one too.

travlnman2
03-17-2016, 09:29 AM
I like that, but I don't know about Sexy Girl at an event like this. I think OOTN could work, as he loved the song so much.

In terms of performers it would be nice if there were other people besides the California rock mafia. We know Randy Newman & Stevie Wonder were at the private memorial. Randy could sing his own Same Girl, of course, but the song I think he would nail would be After Hours, which has the same world weary piano style he employs. Also while Seger is an obvious choice for Heartache Tonight, he could sing something like Somebody or possibly even River Of Dreams.

It's weird thinking back on Glenn's career that he didn't really hang out with other rock stars & he didn't work with them either. He had no high profile guests on any of his albums (apart from TBS on Soul Searchin') and the last time he was a guest on an album was Don's Inside Job. When Warren Zevon recorded The Wind, it featured Don, Joe & Tim. Glenn was nowhere to be seen. That was one reason I was so surprised to see the photo of him with Paul Stanley at the Hall of Fame & that Gene Simmons actually went on TV to talk about him. And of course all the musicians he knew/worked with are American.

How I wish he had got beyond writing the songs he was apparently writing for another solo album.

Thanks for the suggestions I would like to keep editing the list

travlnman2
03-17-2016, 09:34 AM
Edited setlist

Drew Williams
04-05-2016, 04:34 AM
I would like to see something similar like the concert for George. It had A bunch of diffrent guys like Clapton Jeff Lynye etc Dhani Harrison and Paul and Ringo. So maybe you something like that with people like

Bob Segear
Jackson
JD Souther
Glenn's son Deacon
and a group of backing musicians. :drummer:
I totally agree with you. To be included would be nice if
was asked and Bernie to join Joe on guitar. A lot has to be done in members personal life before anything can take place. But, if a band goes on a tour it should be very well done as maybe the tour of Hell Freezes Over, but it is basically iin Don's hands to descide. Either way it would be a very emotional tour. It may help the members of the band as the fans to grieve and help heal.
Drew Williams :rockon:

Freypower
04-05-2016, 05:38 PM
:drummer:
I totally agree with you. To be included would be nice if was asked and Bernie to join Joe on guitar. A lot has to be done in members personal life before anything can take place. But, if a band goes on a tour it should be very well done as maybe the tour of Hell Freezes Over, but it is basically iin Don's hands to descide. Either way it would be a very emotional tour. It may help the members of the band as the fans to grieve and help heal.
Drew Williams :rockon:

It should be a one off show, not a tour.

travlnman2
04-05-2016, 05:47 PM
It should be a one off show, not a tour.

Agree. But maybe release it on DVD?. Don Irving and The Frey Family are the only ones who know what is being planned and we will have to wait.

Freypower
04-05-2016, 05:50 PM
Agree. But maybe release it on DVD?. Don Irving and The Frey Family are the only ones who know what is being planned and we will have to wait.

Absolutely it needs to be on DVD/Blu Ray.

I just hope something is arranged soon. Don & Joe have big tours in front of them. I really need this to happen for my own peace of mind.:weep:

LJV
04-21-2016, 05:54 PM
This is just my opinion, and I know not everyone will agree, but I would almost rather not see a tribute right now. I feel like it's still too early after Glenn's passing. I just can't envision it - the guys up there with a "replacement Glenn" and they would obviously be solemn and the songs wouldn't have the same feelings behind them.

I think at this point everyone is still going through a different stage of grief, and that includes the fans, members of the band and of course Glenn's family and friends. I think it will take a long time for everyone to come together and even be able to think about how to do a public tribute. (I know there was a private tribute already)

Personally, what is getting me through this stage is listening/watching videos of old performances from the 70s because that is how I want to remember Glenn and that is what brings me joy now. If they did a tribute now, I don't think I'd be able to watch it. Maybe a year from now I'll think differently.

I agree. I want to remember the past reliving the memories, songs the nostalgia. That's the best way, I think to honor his memory.

Dawn
04-26-2016, 09:09 PM
I'd love to see a biopic of his life story - Glenn's migration west from the Motor City to Laurel Canyon could not have been timed better although he was one of many musicians and would-be-recording-artists - his ambition and talent was second to none. Glenn was going places the minute he stepped on the gas and hooked up with Don Henley intending to start their own band.

One thing for sure Irving Azoff was not just Glenn's manager - he and his wife were close friends and probably trusted confidants. I wouldn't be surprised if the wheels are already turning in Azoff's head whether it's a book, a movie, a concert, an album.

buffyfan145
04-27-2016, 10:30 AM
I've wanted to see an Eagles biopic for years. It's part of a long list of music biopics I'd love to see. I think they would do one more on the entire band, but I have seen some biopics like ones about The Beatles where it focused mostly on one of the members. I've also wondered if Cameron Crowe ever thought about doing a biopic on Glenn/the Eagles. But I'd also love to read a book(s) as well.

Dawn
04-27-2016, 03:00 PM
Now that I've had some time to reflect on this topic I have come to the conclusion that a book written by Glenn Frey is what I'd most like to see. For one it would give him the final word on a variety of issues and/or concerns - and two - he lived an extraordinary life and has a lot of stories to tell - who better than to tell them then Glenn Frey himself. I'm already having fun imagining what the name of the book would be: Glenn Frey: My Life as an Eagle and Scratch Golfer.

FWIW
04-27-2016, 04:56 PM
Me, too. At the end of the Tavis Smiley interview, Glenn talked about his desire to write a book about his life in the Eagles. Sadly, we'll never get to read that book.

Dawn
04-27-2016, 05:19 PM
Me, too. At the end of the Tavis Smiley interview, Glenn talked about his desire to write a book about his life in the Eagles. Sadly, we'll never get to read that book.

Yes that's right - which gives me some hope it could happen - if not - Cindy Frey might consider writing a book but that could/would be a tough trip down memory lane I don't know if that's even realistic given the huge painful loss she and their kids are dealing with.

sodascouts
05-06-2016, 08:48 PM
I just heard some artists are doing a free concert in LA in honor of Prince. I wish something like that had been done for Glenn - something for the fans.

Glennsallnighter
05-08-2016, 03:48 PM
So do I! That would have been nice and could have happened I think.

05-08-2016, 06:54 PM
Well - There was the Troubadour tribute for Glenn, although it wasn't a free concert open to the general public. I haven't done so yet, but I still intend to write a letter to Irving and the remaining band members to urge them to plan and participate in a tribute concert for Glenn.

UndertheWire
05-12-2016, 06:39 PM
Joe Walsh (http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7370305/joe-walsh-on-touring-with-bad-company-paying-tribute-to-glenn-frey):

The tour is Walsh's first major public trek since Eagles bandmate Glenn Frey's death on Jan. 17 and the band's end in the wake of his passing. Walsh demurs from talking about Frey publicly but he is cooking up a tribute for when the tour stops on June 22 in suburban Detroit, Frey's hometown. "I'm thinking about it now, but I'm going to have a part of the set with a little segment for Glenn, and we'll all be sad together. That's what I have planned," Walsh allows.

(I know I've posted the same link in three places but I'm so glad to see something from Joe)

Freypower
05-12-2016, 10:50 PM
Why doesn't he want to talk about Glenn?

It would help me if he did. It would help me if any of them did.

UndertheWire
05-13-2016, 06:12 AM
It sounds like Joe did a tribute to Glenn and the Eagles last night with "Take it to the Limit".

Glennsallnighter
05-13-2016, 07:45 AM
Well - There was the Troubadour tribute for Glenn, although it wasn't a free concert open to the general public. I haven't done so yet, but I still intend to write a letter to Irving and the remaining band members to urge them to plan and participate in a tribute concert for Glenn.

I think thats a very good idea and I think we should all do it. Ultimately though I feel that any decision about any of this would probably be Cindy's and she may not yet be in a place where she wants to start engaging with any of the 'ordinary average fans' yet. I'm not dissing her, but I'm just saying that she would have the final say on something like this.

Brooke
05-13-2016, 09:35 AM
As for why the guys haven't said a whole lot about Glenn, maybe it's still just too hard for them to talk about. I wouldn't want to get up in front of a lot of people and start crying. Especially men.....just saying. Time will help. When you're as close as these guys were, probably a lot of time.

shunlvswx
05-13-2016, 09:47 AM
I agree with Brooke. Its probably just too hard for them to say anything about Glenn. I'm happy that Joe will pay tribute to Glenn in his show. I would love to hear that song he wrote for Glenn's memorial service. He might put that in there. Its probably going to be hard for him to sing some of Glenn's song, but he's going to do fine. We don't know if he will say anything before the songs he paying tribute to Glenn with. We just have to wait and see.

Just that same week of Glenn's death, Joe said he couldn't think of anything to say. Which is understandable. You lost your bandmate and brother that you knew for over 40 years. Maybe down the road he will be able to say something, but right now. Its probably too hard to even say Glenn's name without getting emotional.

Like Brooke said. The guys were close. They were brothers and when you lose your brother, its hard to get over it especially a guy you spend half your life with other than your family.

It was probably hard for Don to talk about Glenn early this month at Runaway Tour thing. I'm glad he will continue with the musical. He was helping Glenn, but now its on him. He could had easily put a stop to it, but he decided to continue. Glenn probably would want him to continue that.

When the time comes, they will say something. Just like some are still grieving Glenn and some are unable to listen to his music or watch his videos. Its just the same with the guys. We can't push them like we can't push each other to get over Glenn's death without getting emotional.

I might get talked about with what I'm about to say, but anyway. I think its wrong to try to push them to say something about Glenn when they are grieving along with us. I'm sorry that's how I feel. When its us, some fans don't want anybody to tell them hurry up and get over it or whatever, but when it comes to the guys we want them to say something right now. Like we are mad at them for not bringing up Glenn. When the time comes, they will say something. Give them time to heal.

I'm just tired of hearing Joe and especially Don getting so much flak(SP?) about not saying something about Glenn or going on with their lives or starting touring so soon after Glenn's death. Don got that soo much of that when he posted his dates, but I never understand why not Joe. But that's another story. I'm all for Joe, Don, and Timothy healing during this time. So if bringing up Glenn is too much, they shouldn't be pushed by anyone. Not by the media and definitely not by fans. They will talk when they are ready. No sooner.

buffyfan145
05-13-2016, 10:29 AM
I agree with Brooke and the others too. It does take time when you lost someone that close to you. Plus, Joe did reveal he's writing a memoir so I feel there will be a lot about Glenn in there and what Joe wants to say. It sounds like the expected publication is sometime next year. I also saw in the other threads Joe did perform "Take it to the Limit" last night and it apparently was a tribute to Glenn. Sounds like the Detroit show will have more, but I'm guessing he's going to play that song at all of the concerts.

ETA: I just did a quick Twitter search and some fans that were at Joe's show confirmed he dedicated TITTL to Glenn. And some posts on FB said he showed pictures of him and Glenn together during the song.

NightMistBlue
05-13-2016, 12:14 PM
I just heard some artists are doing a free concert in LA in honor of Prince. I wish something like that had been done for Glenn - something for the fans.

I believe the Prince memorial is very private though and not open to the public. I hope we're talking about the same memorial: the one I'm referring to was/is organized by his two ex-wives.

L101
05-13-2016, 05:04 PM
I might get talked about with what I'm about to say, but anyway. I think its wrong to try to push them to say something about Glenn when they are grieving along with us. I'm sorry that's how I feel. When its us, some fans don't want anybody to tell them hurry and get over it or whatever, but when it comes to the guys we want them to say something right now. Like we are mad at them for not bringing up Glenn. When the time comes, they will say something. Give them time to heal.

I completely agree with you here Shun - if and when they are ready, they will talk about Glenn. If something is going to be done to honour Glenn, then let it be done right! If it takes time, so be it.

Lets just hope that as the year goes on, and they continue to tour, they see how much they mean to their fans, they will feel like they can talk about Glenn and how much he is missed.

UndertheWire
05-14-2016, 01:06 PM
The other night I wrote about feeling grumpy because the band members weren't talking. This followed me listening to some of the interviews that Joe was doing to promote his tour and one in particular, where they talked about his friendship with Paul Rodgers and how the tour came which is just what I'd expect. However they then onto his solo career, The James Gang, playing with The Foo Fighters, "Was there anyone he'd like to play with?" and so on with no mention of what has been his main job for the last twenty years.

It sounds like the tribute in Joe's show was just about right. "I thought we'd grow old together" is simple and touching and although the choice of song was surprising, it worked the better for that. And the crowd sang along, too.

I'm not expecting any of them to talk about Glenn at length, at this point, just to acknowledge that things are different now.

shunlvswx
05-14-2016, 01:29 PM
I think the "I thought we'd grow old together" line was the first time Joe really opened up about Glenn since his death even though he really didn't go into depth with it.

Even though Don didn't talk about Glenn's death in Dallas early this month, he did bring up Glenn a few times in his stories. Either when its about the songs they wrote or Glenn trying to talk a big guy out of beating up poor drunk Don (LOL I like that story).

You also have to remembered Don did say something about Glenn's death during that BBC interview in February when he talked how he and the other guys were feeling at that moment.

Unless Don(and even Joe) tells the interviewer ahead of time to not bring up Glenn's death or how he's feeling after losing Glenn, Don (and Joe) will probably never bring up Glenn at this moment until they are ready to go more in depth of losing him. They are taking baby steps especially Joe since he's been lost with words over Glenn's death.

Maybe its hard too to even acknowledge Glenn is gone. These guys (the current lineup)have been together for almost 40 years (not counting the 14 years they were not together) and now they are on their own. No coming back to the mothership(like Don said in an interview). Its hard for them to think they will never see Glenn again. Give them time to bring even bring up or acknowledge Glenn is gone. Like some of us, its hard to bring up Glenn. Its the same with the guys. I just don't get why they have to have so much flake of not bringing up Glenn. I don't like this double standard.

05-14-2016, 01:41 PM
I have to agree with these last several posts. The remaining band members will speak about Glenn when and if they are ready to do so. Dealing with loss is such a personal thing - everybody has to do it their own way. I can relate somewhat because I don't talk much about Glenn to others either at this point. There's really not much to say that hasn't already been said without digging very deep and stirring up a lot of emotions. I expect coping with this will continue to get easier for all of us with the passage of time.

Annoying Twit
05-21-2016, 02:10 AM
Transferred from another thread:

If there was a "Concert for George" tribute to Glenn, who would appear, and what Glenn (or at least Glenn-sung songs) would they sing?

Here's what I suggest on the other thread:

Jackson Browne - Take it Easy (has to be)
Linda Ronstadt - Peaceful Easy Feeling
Don Henley - Common Ground
JD Souther - New Kid in Town
Tim Schmit - The One You Love
Joe Walsh - The Heat is On (de-80-ised rocky version) or The Allnighter
Sheryl Crow - Smuggler's Blues
Jack Tempchin - True Love (suitable for his vocal range? - more acoustic but with gospel choir backing)
Joe Walsh - Heartache Tonight (too many Joe vocals, how could these be balanced?)
Bernie Leadon - Lyin' Eyes

Massed song at end: Ol '55

I would suspect that Don F and Randy wouldn't be there (for different reasons). So, this is an example of what I think might happen, rather than what I'd like to happen in a different world without personal friction and health issues.

Funk 50
05-21-2016, 08:08 AM
Although he's not a household name, I think Max Carl should be on the bill. One More River is a great song, co written with Glenn. I don't think he'd fancy doing Somebody Somewhere. Lou Ann Barton too. Not forgetting Bob Seger. Elton John, Randy Newman, Dixie Chicks, Michael Buble :unimpressed: I'd love to see Tom Waits do Ol' 55.

Glenn's son could make a contribution, probably not, Get Over It, though.

LadyKatie
05-21-2016, 11:56 AM

Bob Segear
Jackson
JD Souther
Glenn's son Deacon
and a group of backing musicians.

I agree! We need a concert for Glenn as a tribute!

UndertheWire
05-21-2016, 01:04 PM
I agree about Max Carl, but it would be great to see all of "Jack Mack and the Heart Attack". Also Hawk Wolinski. A reminder that Glenn worked with some great artists outside of the Eagles.

Annoying Twit
05-21-2016, 01:11 PM
Although he's not a household name, I think Max Carl should be on the bill. One More River is a great song, co written with Glenn. I don't think he'd fancy doing Somebody Somewhere. Lou Ann Barton too. Not forgetting Bob Seger. Elton John, Randy Newman, Dixie Chicks, Michael Buble :unimpressed: I'd love to see Tom Waits do Ol' 55.

Glenn's son could make a contribution, probably not, Get Over It, though.

I don't know the song One More River. It's not on spotify nor youtube that I could find. I heard 30 seconds of it. Sounds good.

I've done some googling and I can't find music created by Deacon Frey. He's appeared on stage, so could easily play the Dhani Harrison role in a tribute.

If Tom Waits sang his own song at the tribute, would that still be a tribute. Since Ol '55 is a Waits song. I can see the song working as a mass song without Waits, or maybe Waits on piano.

Tom Waits has such a distinctive voice, it would require some thinking of what he would sing. If he sang "A Walk in the Dark" it would be very different.

Freypower
05-21-2016, 05:58 PM
Tom Waits didn't like the Eagles version of his song, and yes, because he wrote it, it wouldn't be a tribute.

I don't agree that people like Jack Mack & Hawk Wolinski should be in a tribute show. Only Glenn's absolutely hardcore fans even know who they are. As for Lou Ann Barton Glenn produced her album & then she vanished. I also don't agree that just because you may have covered an Eagles song as Buble did with Heartache Tonight, that justifies an appearance at a tribute show. Randy Newman not only had Glenn cover a song of his, Glenn sang & played on two of his albums.

There is Joni Mitchell, but her health isn't good. If only someone from Detroit like Alice Cooper would consider it. If Alice can sing Eleanor Rigby he can sing one of Glenn's songs.

Annoying Twit
05-22-2016, 11:19 AM
Could Randy Newman do an interesting version of Partytown with some boogie-woogie piano to replace one of the guitar parts?

Despite Alice Cooper's rock background, he's got a fairly normal straight ahead voice. I'm sure he'd have no trouble singing all sorts of songs. I lost track of what Alice was doing some time ago, but I'm playing "Ghouls Gone Wild" from a recent Cooper album, and this suggests that Alice could do one of the straight ahead rock-n-roll songs that Glenn does quite often. Better in the USA for Alice? Though, imagine if Brian Wilson could do that with the backing vocalists from his current band to really Beach-Boy it up.

Stevie Wonder was mentioned before, could he go back to the 70s funk era style to do "Living in Darkness"?

(Spot the person who is frantically spotifying to cover up lack of knowledge :) )

jms18222
05-22-2016, 11:59 AM
I would think it is just too soon for them right now. It's only been 4 months. As someone who lost 2 extremely close people in 2014 I am just getting to the point where I can actually remember without bursting into tears.

I really don't understand the flack Don is getting for going back on tour yet Joe is doing the exact same thing yet everybody is thrilled Joe is touring. Don't get it at all.

On that note I really doubt they do a memorial. One may happen but I don't see Don, Joe or Timothy being part of it.

shunlvswx
05-22-2016, 05:07 PM
I really don't understand the flack Don is getting for going back on tour yet Joe is doing the exact same thing yet everybody is thrilled Joe is touring. Don't get it at all.

I know, JMS. That's what I said earlier. I was not happy with the flack Don was getting and nobody was down Joe's throat. Heck Joe was the first person to post his dates. I don't remember if he got flack for it. Yet. Joe is getting flack for not say anything about Glenn. Like Joe said in an interview. They had to keep themselves busy and not sit at home grieving. To keep their minds off of losing Glenn. If going on tour helps them grieve, I'm all for it.

I guess time will tell if their will be a tribute concert for Glenn. The way its looking, their probably won't be.

Freypower
05-22-2016, 06:58 PM
I would think it is just too soon for them right now. It's only been 4 months. As someone who lost 2 extremely close people in 2014 I am just getting to the point where I can actually remember without bursting into tears.

On that note I really doubt they do a memorial. One may happen but I don't see Don, Joe or Timothy being part of it.

Why on earth not? How incredibly sad that would be. Having said that, no, it seems more & more likely that nothing will happen at all.

I can only speak for myself & I expressed disquiet that both Don & Joe chose to resume touring so soon. I would have liked Joe to have said something but then I heard him speak and I understood better where he was coming from.

I wish fans of the surviving Eagles could try & understand what Glenn fans are going through. We are going through a host of conflciting emotions & perhaps we didn't think it was fair that we should just keep them all hidden away.

Annoying Twit
05-23-2016, 01:39 AM
I'm not saying this means that a tribute concert with Don, Tim, and Joe will happen. But, thinking logically, Don's statement about the Eagles, that the "Take it Easy" tribute is likely the last time they'll play, doesn't rule out a tribute concert with all members. As the individual Eagles members could play at the concert but not all together at once. Or, only together as part of a massed song at the end, which wouldn't be the Eagles.

People handle grief in different ways. It's up to them personally to decide what they do or don't want to do. It'll be up to Don.

UndertheWire
05-23-2016, 08:16 AM
I'm not sure I'd like a tribute where they only covered Glenn's songs. Perhaps something more like Clint Eastwood's direction to Glenn - sing one of the songs you're know for and a song from the Eagles/Frey catalogue.

Funk 50
05-23-2016, 04:21 PM
I'm sure Irving will organize a tribute concert when he's ready. I can't see any of the Eagles snubbing Glenn by opting not to be involved.

Glenn has plenty enough great songs to provide a cracking evenings entertainment.

Hearing that Don is working on an R'n'B album. It's a chance for Don to perform one of Glenn's favourite R'n'B tunes as a tribute to his partner.

I followed the advice of Cameron Crowe ( http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/remembering-glenn-frey-cameron-crowe-on-eagles-teen-king-20160121) and gave Eddie Hinton's Get Off in It. a listen. I've played it many, many times since and I always think fondly of Glenn while enjoying a glorious piece of R'n'B. :inlove:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRNxepq0DpQ

Freypower
05-23-2016, 06:21 PM
I'm not sure I'd like a tribute where they only covered Glenn's songs. Perhaps something more like Clint Eastwood's direction to Glenn - sing one of the songs you're know for and a song from the Eagles/Frey catalogue.

I don't see how singing a song the artist is known for is paying tribute to Glenn. Even Randy Newman doing Same Girl would be stretching it, as he wrote the song (as would Tom Waits doing Ol '55, but I categorically rule that out).

Ringo sang Photograph at the Concert for George - because he wrote it with George.

Funk 50
05-24-2016, 06:59 AM
I don't see how singing a song the artist is known for is paying tribute to Glenn. Even Randy Newman doing Same Girl would be stretching it, as he wrote the song (as would Tom Waits doing Ol '55, but I categorically rule that out).

Ringo sang Photograph at the Concert for George - because he wrote it with George.
Turning up and putting in a good performance of any song is an adequate tribute to Glenn. A tribute show is still predominantly, a show, not a ceremony. The people who except the invitation or volunteer to perform should not have to face a strict vetting procedure.

I think I'm the only person who felt that Let It Be was a highly inappropriate choice of song, for Paul McCartney to perform at the mid eighties, high profile, televised, Live Aid Concert, to raise money and awareness for the starving victims of an African Famine (not forgetting Bob Dylan's, "odd million for the poor american farmers" :|) but McCartney's performance was a highlight. :smile:

Freypower
05-24-2016, 06:16 PM
Turning up and putting in a good performance of any song is an adequate tribute to Glenn. A tribute show is still predominantly, a show, not a ceremony. The people who except the invitation or volunteer to perform should not have to face a strict vetting procedure.

I think I'm the only person who felt that Let It Be was a highly inappropriate choice of song, for Paul McCartney to perform at the mid eighties, high profile, televised, Live Aid Concert, to raise money and awareness for the starving victims of an African Famine (not forgetting Bob Dylan's, "odd million for the poor american farmers" :|) but McCartney's performance was a highlight. :smile:

Surely the songs performed have to have some connection to the artist being honoured. It's true that Monty Python did The Lumberjack Song at Concert For George because he was a massive fan & financed Life Of Brian. At any Glenn Frey tribute it wouldn't be right for Jackson Browne to sing The Pretender, for example. He would have to do either one of Glenn's own songs or a song he knew Glenn loved.

Annoying Twit
05-25-2016, 02:13 AM
Surely the songs performed have to have some connection to the artist being honoured. It's true that Monty Python did The Lumberjack Song at Concert For George because he was a massive fan & financed Life Of Brian. At any Glenn Frey tribute it wouldn't be right for Jackson Browne to sing The Pretender, for example. He would have to do either one of Glenn's own songs or a song he knew Glenn loved.

They also did "I'll see you in my dreams" at the Concert for George. This was, IMHO, a nice reference to how George and his friends would get together and play old songs on their ukuleles. Like the Monty Python song, it wasn't written by George but makes sense in context.

Funk 50
05-25-2016, 06:20 AM

I think you have to leave it up to the artist performing, surely they can be trusted to form their own tribute. As long as they don't all sing the same song.

If Tom Waits shows up, Ol' 55 is the obvious song for him to perform, even if he initially didn't appreciate the Eagles version, just as Jersey Girl would be the obvious choice for a Springsteen tribute.

I believe The Pretender is about Fred Tackett. Jackson can sing that at his tribute concert. Jackson singing his own song, Take It Easy was the perfect tribute to Glenn because we know the story of it's gestation. In most cases we haven't got a clue about artist interactions.
Why am I thinking about Stevie Nicks now? :???:

FWIW
05-25-2016, 08:27 AM
I can also imagine Jackson performing a song with historical significance, like "Doctor My Eyes." He can even have a teapot whistling in the background. Lol.

It might just be wishful thinking on my part, but I do think there will be a tribute show...eventually. It'll be up to all the guys and Cindy to say when the time is right.

Freypower
05-25-2016, 06:31 PM
If it is a public memorial or if it is going to be filmed the audience need to have some idea of how the songs performed relate to the artist. It's all very well for Browne to say about Doctor My Eyes that Glenn heard him writing it. That isn't the point. The point is to honour Glenn & the best way to do that is by performing Glenn's own music. I am amazed this is even an issue. I think it's sad.

I didn't say they couldn't be trusted to decide on which songs they would perform; my point is the songs should be Glenn's, either Eagles or solo.

Annoying Twit
05-26-2016, 02:06 AM
I think it's reasonable to sing songs that Glenn is known for singing. E.g. Peaceful Easy Feeling.

Though, for some reason, I feel that Tom Waits singing Ol '55 is a step to far, but can't say why logically.

However, I think that any such tribute should be curated by a true friend of Glenn. As in how Concert for George was curated by Eric Clapton and Jeff Lynne. That's what I think made it as good as it was, better than some tributes that seem to include random current artists etc.

If that happened, I'd be happy that the tribute would follow that person's vision and wouldn't be concerned if the way things worked differed from my expectations.

FWIW
05-26-2016, 11:33 AM
I think the idea that some are proposing, and I tend to agree, is that the vetting process should focus on who performs rather than what is performed. As long as the organizer and the performers all have deep ties to Glenn, they will put together a proper tribute.

I'd love to hear songs, even if it is the performer's own material, that have a special relationship to Glenn. I can imagine hearing some new stories about Glenn along the way. For example, Joe might talk about and perform the song he sang at the private event.

Glennhoney
05-26-2016, 03:56 PM
Did anyone get a google message about a tribute to Glenn in London this summer???

GlennLover
05-26-2016, 07:23 PM
Yes, I got it. It mentioned celebrity performers, but I couldn't find any info as to who they were.

buffyfan145
05-26-2016, 08:34 PM
Just did a Google search since I hadn't seen it yet and looks like it's going to be June 17th and sponsored by AXS (http://www.axs.com/events/310991/take-it-easy-an-all-star-celebration-of-the-music-of-glenn-frey-and-th-tickets), which they also have a channel I get on DirecTV that airs concerts (some their own exclusively for the channel and later DVD, and other old ones the get the rights to). I don't see anything about performers yet either but that interesting something is in the works and it's in London.

ETA: Looking at the venue's Twitter it might be another smaller tribute like some cities and festivals are doing this summer in the US.

Funk 50
05-27-2016, 01:34 PM
It'll be interesting to see who will be performing. Henley's European tour begins on the 20th.

http://www.brooklynbowl.com/event/1202397-take-it-easy-all-star-london/

Annoying Twit
05-27-2016, 02:03 PM
Can someone PM me the details of the google message?

I tried to talk my partner into attending the Carole King/Don H concert, but she's not keen.

Freypower
05-27-2016, 07:07 PM
Can someone PM me the details of the google message?

I tried to talk my partner into attending the Carole King/Don H concert, but she's not keen.

http://www.axs.com/events/310991/take-it-easy-an-all-star-celebration-of-the-music-of-glenn-frey-and-th-tickets

It isn't exactly brimming with information.

Annoying Twit
05-28-2016, 12:35 AM
http://www.axs.com/events/310991/take-it-easy-an-all-star-celebration-of-the-music-of-glenn-frey-and-th-tickets

It isn't exactly brimming with information.

Thanks. Are the tickets really £10?

Freypower
05-28-2016, 10:14 PM
Thanks. Are the tickets really £10?

That's what it says!

Annoying Twit
05-29-2016, 08:57 AM
Despite cheapness I may not be able to go due to other commitments.

It looks like a small venue. I don't think this is going to be a megastar thing like the Concert for George.

Brooke
05-31-2016, 10:27 AM
I wonder why Don is doing this in London? Why not here?

Freypower
05-31-2016, 06:38 PM
I wonder why Don is doing this in London? Why not here?

As far as I know this has nothing to do with Don. His tour over there starts after this event. See F50's post above.

The fact that there are still no details about this alleged 'all star' event makes me very dubious about it. All it says is 'some of the best musicians in London' will be appearing at it.

Glennsallnighter
06-05-2016, 04:46 AM
Troub and I are going - I reckoned that for £10 even if its not up to much its a good excuse to go to London and catch up!!

sodascouts
06-05-2016, 10:07 AM
Even if it's not all-star, it's nice that they're doing something for Glenn. I'm thinking of making a six-hour drive to Atlanta for the Atlanta Symphony's Tribute to Glenn at the end of June; it's not star-studded by any means, but it's for him.

I hope you have a good night.

06-05-2016, 02:15 PM
Good for you, GA. Hope you and Troub have a wonderful time. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Glennsallnighter
06-08-2016, 10:30 AM
Even if it's not all-star, it's nice that they're doing something for Glenn. I'm thinking of making a six-hour drive to Atlanta for the Atlanta Symphony's Tribute to Glenn at the end of June; it's not star-studded by any means, but it's for him.

I hope you have a good night.

That certainly sounds interesting and I echo your sentiment that these tributes are for Glenn :heart: at the end of the day. At least if these events are supported people will be reminded what a force he was in the world of music

GlennLover
06-08-2016, 12:25 PM
GA, that's great that you are getting together with Troub & the both of you are attending the Glenn tribute!

Brooke
06-08-2016, 01:33 PM
Yes, Ga, that's wonderful for you to do.

Someday.......someday, I WILL make my way out west to all the Eagles haunts and now Joshua Tree is added to the list. Definitely a perfect place to have my own memorial to Glenn, like Soda and Dreamer. :sigh:

GlennLover
06-12-2016, 08:05 AM
More details in the Glenn tribute in London: http://whereparty.com/event/2681623/london-take-it-easy-an-all-star-celebration-ft-the-music-of-glenn-frey-and-the-eagles

UndertheWire
06-12-2016, 09:02 AM
More details in the Glenn tribute in London: http://whereparty.com/event/2681623/london-take-it-easy-an-all-star-celebration-ft-the-music-of-glenn-frey-and-the-eagles
Thanks for that. I'd only heard of one of them before (which doesn't mean much as I'm ignorant) but I've now listened to them on youtube and there are some good singers in that list. I really like what I've heard from Jon Allen. It's a good opportunity for these artists to reach a different audience.

buffyfan145
06-12-2016, 10:37 AM
I personally don't recognize anyone either but they might be more popular in England than here in the US. It's nice to see all these cities and festivals doing their own little tributes to Glenn and the Eagles.

Freypower
06-12-2016, 06:05 PM
Judie Tzuke had a big hit with a song called Stay With Me 'Til Dawn. My husband saw her a couple of times. In the 70s. I haven't heard of any of the other people. 'All star' I'm afraid it isn't.

shunlvswx
06-12-2016, 07:32 PM
I think saw Steve Young's name. I wonder if that's the same guy who wrote Seven Bridges Road.

ETA: Oops. Nevermind. Steve died in March. Their must be another Steve Young.

UndertheWire
06-13-2016, 03:14 AM
Judie Tzuke had a big hit with a song called Stay With Me 'Til Dawn. My husband saw her a couple of times. In the 70s. I haven't heard of any of the other people. 'All star' I'm afraid it isn't.
FP, this one is for you - Jon Allen featuring Mark Knopfler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD3wWpZtFjI

With ticket prices of £10 and a venue that usually has tribute bands, I'm not surprised there are no big names but at least there is some talent.

Funk 50
06-13-2016, 06:28 AM
Thanks for the further information about Friday's Frey tribute in London.

It's a nice surprise to see Judie Tzuke on the bill. Definitely a star performer. She's been on Top Of The Pops, a time or two. :grin:

Judie Tzuke recently released a double CD Definitive Retrospective, Moon On A Mirrorball with a great new tune to enjoy; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO2JPWyz4Mg ..and she's still making great music. She's also recorded a cover of Timothy's Poco oldie I Can See Everything (listen here; https://musicmp3.ru/artist_judie-tzuke__album_the-beauty-of-hindsight-volume-1.html#.V16EWdwtBnU)

I wish I knew more about all the other Eagles / Frey fans performing at the show.

It's wonderful to know that fans, on this side of the Atlantic, have banded together to show their respects and celebrate the music of one of America's finest.

Have a great time everybody who is going. :p

Freypower
06-13-2016, 05:32 PM
FP, this one is for you - Jon Allen featuring Mark Knopfler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD3wWpZtFjI

With ticket prices of £10 and a venue that usually has tribute bands, I'm not surprised there are no big names but at least there is some talent.

:rockguitar: :thud:Thank you UTW. I had no idea. He has a really nice voice (and he looks a bit like Ray Wilson, the last Genesis singer). Very reminiscent of Rod Stewart. He will do Glenn justice.

Glennsallnighter
06-14-2016, 05:34 PM
I will let you all know how it goes.

sodascouts
06-16-2016, 08:50 PM
Unfortunately, GA just let me know that the tribute has been cancelled. :(

UndertheWire
06-17-2016, 06:44 AM
Unfortunately, GA just let me know that the tribute has been cancelled. :(
That's disappointing. The cancellation isn't even mentioned on the venue website - it just says "Closed for a private event". I'm interested to know what kind of excuse they offered GA.
I hope you have a good weekend in London even without this show.

sodascouts
06-17-2016, 10:55 AM
My tribute is in Atlanta - she was going with a member named Troubadour who hasn't been around here in a while. They told her "due to unforeseen circumstances."

NightMistBlue
06-17-2016, 01:50 PM
Judie Tzuke had a big hit with a song called Stay With Me 'Til Dawn. My husband saw her a couple of times.

She has a beautiful voice. Creem (a U.S. rock magazine) used to run photos of her in the early 80s but it was only because she's very well endowed.

Oh I'm so sorry the event was cancelled.

sodascouts
06-18-2016, 06:27 PM
I've been really down today, as I mentioned elsewhere, so much so that I'm thinking of not going to Atlanta because I don't want to feel this way next weekend and I know I will if I go.

Still, I want to go to tributes while I still can. Soon, they won't be doing them anymore.

I'll probably go.

Glennhoney
06-18-2016, 07:48 PM
Hope you go Soda...and try to enjoy...I've been feeling very blue today as well..hugs!!:cry::cry:

LuvTim
06-18-2016, 11:18 PM
I've felt sad today, too, but I've stuck close to the Border and it's made it easier. Thanks, everyone.

AlreadyGone95
06-19-2016, 12:13 AM
Feel better Soda. I know that to see these tributes must be bittersweet.

I've felt sad today as well. I still forget he's gone and then something will remind me of the awful truth.

buffyfan145
06-19-2016, 09:48 AM
I think I feel more sad today with it being Father's Day and thinking about his kids. I also felt bad last night as I didn't realize the date and I was surprised as it was first month I didn't realize it till I saw the posts. But being on here and talking with you all does help so much.

Glennsallnighter
06-19-2016, 10:01 AM
That's disappointing. The cancellation isn't even mentioned on the venue website - it just says "Closed for a private event". I'm interested to know what kind of excuse they offered GA.
I hope you have a good weekend in London even without this show.

Yes all we were told was 'unforeseen circumstances'. I'd understand if perhaps a member of the band was ill or something but it seems a bit much to have inconvenienced myself and others that were going to host something else perhaps corporate instead. It will be rescheduled to July apparently.

On a more positive note I caught up with Troub and had a lovely evening. We went for a meal and then back to her place and watched Farewell 1 and the Christchurch bootleg. And we drank a toast to Glenn :heart: She was asking for everyone

DivineDon
06-19-2016, 12:09 PM
Troub's posts were one of the reasons I joined The Border - I finally found someone who loved Don almost as much as I did :-D

I suppose she's going to some of Don's shows in the UK, GA or is that a rhetorical question? ??

Glennsallnighter
06-19-2016, 01:09 PM
Yes she is going to the London one in Hyde Park with Carol King playing as well.

GlennLover
06-19-2016, 02:50 PM
Glad you had a nice visit with Troub! Unfortunate that the concert was cancelled, especially on such short notice!

sodascouts
06-24-2016, 10:27 PM
I'm in Atlanta now at the hotel, although the concert is tomorrow. I'm just relaxing, listening to Glenn's music, and remembering.

LuvTim
06-24-2016, 10:48 PM
I hope it's a beautiful event and you enjoy it very much, Soda. I appreciate that it's a poignant time.

shunlvswx
06-25-2016, 07:18 AM
I'm glad you decided to go, Soda. I know you were on the fence on rather to go or not. Have fun.

buffyfan145
06-25-2016, 10:06 AM
Hope you enjoy it too Soda. I was hoping my city's orchestra would but they're doing others instead this summer like for David Bowie and even Fleetwood Mac, which I thought about going to the latter. They're doing others too and actually pairing up with the real artists like The Indigo Girls.

Also looking even more forward to the Kennedy Center Honors as that'll work now for both a tribute to the Eagles and Glenn.

AlreadyGone95
06-25-2016, 12:28 PM
I'm glad that you're going, Soda. I hope that it's a good tribute.

sodascouts
06-25-2016, 01:49 PM
There's a Royal Oak Pub nearby. I'm thinking about going because of the name, but a single girl going to a bar alone on a Saturday night means a lot of guys wanting to buy you drinks thinking that you're there to hook up. It's so awkward explaining that you're not intetested and then they think you're stuck up and... ugh! So I'm on the fence, lol.

ETA: oh, what the heck. It's a British pub, so I'll go and have a big Messy Burger in honor of Glenn.

sodascouts
06-25-2016, 11:10 PM
Well, that was not what I expected. It turns out the symphony was backing a tribute band. I've never seen an Eagles tribute band before and I couldn't help but judge them harshly since the last time I'd heard most of those songs performed, it was last July at a real Eagles concert... the last one I would ever see.

The lead singer did dedicate the show to Glenn, which was nice.

06-26-2016, 02:14 PM
Sorry the show wasn't what you were hoping for, Soda. However, I have to selfishly admit, it makes me feel a little better that I wasn't able to make the drive to Atlanta. :hug:

Brooke
06-27-2016, 03:02 PM
Soda, sorry you were disappointed with the show.