PDA

View Full Version : Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Pages : [1] 2 3

Ive always been a dreamer
11-01-2015, 11:53 AM
We have a guy running for office in one of our local county elections named Glenn Millican. Every time I see his name, of course, I think, this will be Glenn's name once we adopt the custom of the man taking the wife's surname. :grin:

Glennsallnighter
11-01-2015, 06:48 PM
That is just too good Dreamer! And everybody else too.

I have just been sent a notification from Sky (our TV provider). It reads thus:
'An After Hours Special for you'

and goes on to describe a new series called 'After Hours'.

'A music fan turns to a local radio show when his heart is broken for the first time'

Sounds like I will have to watch this one, and it airs for the first time on Thursday - just in time for Glenn :heart:'s birthday!!

AlreadyGone95
11-03-2015, 09:15 PM
Earlier today, I heard Lunatic Fringe by Red Rider. Every time I hear it, I think of the opening scene of the Smuggler's Blues episode of Miami Vice. Of course, I think of Glenn as well. :)

NOLA
11-04-2015, 10:01 AM
Out for a drive yesterday and ended up behind a utility truck with the logo, "WEB-DON," on the rear door. Turns out it's the name of a countertop company based in Charlotte, NC, but that's not what came to mind when I saw it! ;):heart:

AlreadyGone95
11-14-2015, 02:16 PM
My uncle has changed the lyrics to THIO. With it being fall, it's now The Heater's On. :hilarious:

sodascouts
11-14-2015, 02:47 PM
I know this is awful, and it's certainly not a "little thing", but when I first head about the attacks yesterday at an Eagles of Death Metal concert... knowing that they named their band after our guys...

GlennLover
11-14-2015, 06:00 PM
I know this is awful, and it's certainly not a "little thing", but when I first head about the attacks yesterday at an Eagles of Death Metal concert... knowing that they named their band after our guys...

I didn't know that they actually named the band after "our Eagles"!

sodascouts
11-14-2015, 08:03 PM
Yes - the joke was that they were a mellower version of death metal.

AlreadyGone95
11-18-2015, 01:34 PM
My crazy uncle decided to have a laugh last night. He made a meatloaf for supper. Guess what he spelled out on ketchup on top of the meatloaf? G-L-E-N. He didn't have enough room to put the second "n", though. :hilarious:

bluefeather
11-18-2015, 03:34 PM
:hilarious: AG, your uncle sounds fun

LuvTim
11-19-2015, 10:08 AM
Agree, BF!! :hilarious:

AlreadyGone95
11-19-2015, 11:20 AM

For the most part, yes. I'd also say that he's a a nut(meaning crazy/off the wall), but that runs in the family :lol:.

bluefeather
11-19-2015, 06:50 PM
For the most part, yes. I'd also say that he's a a nut(meaning crazy/off the wall), but that runs in the family :lol:.

:lol: I've noticed

AlreadyGone95
11-24-2015, 12:36 PM
Last night, on Jeopardy, one of the clues mentioned a book called The Boys of Summer. (I don't remember the author's name)

NightMistBlue
11-24-2015, 12:40 PM

That's what I told her! I wanted to know if he was cute and single too.

AlreadyGone95
11-24-2015, 02:05 PM
That's what I told her! I wanted to know if he was cute and single too.

Single, yes and beauty is the eye of the beholder . :p ;) :lol:

NightMistBlue
11-24-2015, 03:30 PM
I was reminded of your uncle's "Freyd" when I saw Glenn's t-shirt in this photo:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d128/Shenandoah07/superfry_zps909cak2e.jpg

AlreadyGone95
11-24-2015, 04:25 PM
I was reminded of your uncle's "Freyd" when I saw Glenn's t-shirt in this photo:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d128/Shenandoah07/superfry_zps909cak2e.jpg

Lol.I still want that "Frey'd" shirt. I first read Glenn's shirt as "Super Fly", which means cool. Then I saw the McDonalds logo! :rofl:

NightMistBlue
11-24-2015, 05:19 PM
Your eyesight is good - I didn't see a McD logo. I thought the shirt was a take-off on Superfly, a popular movie back in olden times.

AlreadyGone95
11-24-2015, 05:26 PM
Your eyesight is good - I didn't see a McD logo. I thought the shirt was a take-off on Superfly, a popular movie back in olden times.

I'll thank the thick lenses in my glasses for me noticing that, lol. For my generation, "fly" is slang for cool, and super fly means really cool. I've never heard of the movie before.

AlreadyGone95
11-28-2015, 02:57 AM
I'm reading a part of a book before bed, and the book talks about the Roswell alien crash landing(or the weather balloon crash landing) that happened in July 1947. When I first saw the date, I thought "hey, that's Don Henley's birth month and year".

Freypower
11-28-2015, 04:02 PM
I'm reading a part of a book before bed, and the book talks about the Roswell alien crash landing(or the weather balloon crash landing) that happened in July 1947. When I first saw the date, I thought "hey, that's Don Henley's birth month and year".

He mentions Roswell in They're Not Here, They're Not Coming.

AlreadyGone95
11-28-2015, 04:29 PM
He mentions Roswell in They're Not Here, They're Not Coming.

Ah, I didn't know that.

AlreadyGone95
12-03-2015, 08:22 PM
While at the Panama City Mall, I saw 2 cars with Michigan tags. Of course, Glenn was the first thing I thought of. Lol

AlreadyGone95
12-07-2015, 01:22 AM
I'm currently reading Mick Fleetwood's autobiography. He says that when Fleetwood Mac moved from England to the states in 1974, they moved into a house that had just been vacated by Glenn Frey of the Eagles!

NightMistBlue
12-08-2015, 10:57 AM
OT: how's the book - worth checking out? I think Mick has written two autobiographies (so far).

AlreadyGone95
12-08-2015, 11:31 AM
OT: how's the book - worth checking out? I think Mick has written two autobiographies (so far).

I read the older book, the one written in 1990. It's a pretty good and quick read (less than 300 pages), with plenty of photos. I definitely would recommend it to a Mac fan, as he spends alot of the book talking about the band and what happened.

NightMistBlue
12-08-2015, 12:17 PM
Thanks. I want to learn more about the band. I was going to read the Ken Caillat book first, but I may as well go straight to the source.

Was that the only Eagles content? I would have thought they interacted quite a bit, being primary competitors.

AlreadyGone95
12-08-2015, 12:25 PM
Thanks. I want to learn more about the band. I was going to read the Ken Caillat book first, but I may as well go straight to the source.

Was that the only Eagles content? I would have thought they interacted quite a bit, being primary competitors.

There's little mentions throughout the last half of the book. Mick mentions playing with them at a concert in Jacksonville, Florida. He calls them their friendly rivals. He talks about what happened when Irving Azoff became Stevie's manager, and there's a brief, but laugh out loud funny, paragraph on Don and Stevie. I'm sure that I'm missing some other tidbits.

sodascouts
12-08-2015, 11:31 PM
It's been years since I've read it, and I'd forgotten all that. You make me want to go pick it up again!

AlreadyGone95
12-09-2015, 12:44 AM
It's been years since I've read it, and I'd forgotten all that. You make me want to go pick it up again!

There's definitely some nice Eagles tidbits. I'll probably buy my own copy of the book. (I read a library copy.)

AlreadyGone95
12-09-2015, 05:35 PM
I'm now reading Eric Clapton's autobiography. He mentions that the album Slowhand was produced by Glyn Johns(which I didn't know). Eric says that Glyn Johns was known in England for his work with the Stones, but that he'd also worked with the Eagles.

NightMistBlue
12-09-2015, 06:07 PM
That book made my jaw drop many a time. He's very honest, unusually so - even when it makes him look bad. I imagine more than a few people were disillusioned by what he said about his relationships with Pattie Boyd and George Harrison. Neither was the epic love match of legend, to hear him tell it.

P.S. Clapton stayed at the same house (461 Ocean Blvd in Golden Beach) that the Eagles rented when working at Criteria Studios.
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d128/Shenandoah07/GoldenBeachCROP_zps1ta3hy6s.jpg

AlreadyGone95
12-09-2015, 06:20 PM
That book made my jaw drop many a time. He's very honest, unusually so - even when it makes him look bad. I imagine more than a few people were disillusioned by what he said about his relationships with Pattie Boyd and George Harrison. Neither was the epic love match of legend, to hear him tell it.

P.S. Clapton stayed at the same house (461 Ocean Blvd in Golden Beach) that the Eagles rented when working at Criteria Studios.
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d128/Shenandoah07/GoldenBeachCROP_zps1ta3hy6s.jpg

My jaw has dropped a few times while reading the book, and I'm only half way through! I'm glad for the truthfulness, though. I'm also glad and amazed that he's still with us!

I didn't know about them renting the same house. Nice tidbit!

Freypower
12-09-2015, 06:35 PM
One of my favourite moments at the Brisbane HOTE show was before The Long Run when Don was talking about recording in Florida. He said 'your own Bee Gees' & Eric Clapton recorded there. '461 Ocean... was it Avenue or Bouelvard'?

'Boulevard'. I said. I was sitting directly below him. 'Thank you' he said!

NightMistBlue
12-09-2015, 06:38 PM
Ooh neat, Freypower! Gosh.

AlreadyGone95
12-09-2015, 06:45 PM
Very cool, FP! Miami is on my list of places to visit someday.

NightMistBlue
12-09-2015, 07:04 PM
It's not everyone's cup of tea but I find it beautiful, fascinating and at times exasperating. I love being close to the Everglades and the beach.

Sadly, the only other Eagles-related landmark in Steam City that I know of, Bill Szymczyk's Bayshore Recording Studios in Coconut Grove, where the band recorded The Long Run, was torn down many years ago. Bummer, man!

AlreadyGone95
12-09-2015, 08:02 PM
It's not everyone's cup of tea but I find it beautiful, fascinating and at times exasperating. I love being close to the Everglades and the beach.

Sadly, the only other Eagles-related landmark in Steam City that I know of, Bill Szymczyk's Bayshore Recording Studios in Coconut Grove, where the band recorded The Long Run, was torn down many years ago. Bummer, man!

I'd like to live a bit north of Miami in St. Augustine. I love the oldness of it. I frequently visit Florida (I live an hour from the state line), but I've never been that far south.

My nearest Eagles thing is Gainesville, Florida.(Don Felder's home town), which is about 4 hours away. I've been there several times.

NightMistBlue
12-10-2015, 10:43 AM
I'd like to live a bit north of Miami in St. Augustine. I love the oldness of it.

St. Augustine is waaay north of Miami. I want to visit there too - Marty Balin, formerly of the Jefferson Airplane and Starship, makes his home there. He has an art gallery and also still plays solo concerts.

Back to the Iggles, as they say in certain parts of Pennsylvania... I'm currently reading a biography of the late ex-Byrd Gene Clark, "Mr. Tambourine Man" by John Einarson. There's a fair amount of Bernie content in it; Mr. Leadon was a member of Dillard & Clark. Bernie provides some pithy insights - he seems like a very interesting man. I wish he'd do more interviews.

AlreadyGone95
12-10-2015, 01:00 PM
St. Augustine is waaay north of Miami. I want to visit there too - Marty Balin, formerly of the Jefferson Airplane and Starship, makes his home there. He has an art gallery and also still plays solo concerts.

Back to the Iggles, as they say in certain parts of Pennsylvania... I'm currently reading a biography of the late ex-Byrd Gene Clark, "Mr. Tambourine Man" by John Einarson. There's a fair amount of Bernie content in it; Mr. Leadon was a member of Dillard & Clark. Bernie provides some pithy insights - he seems like a very interesting man. I wish he'd do more interviews.

I say "a bit" even when I mean something like 3+ hours away. I've been to St. Augustine a few times. Wish that I'd known about his Asrt Gallery before, but I did get to see the wax musuem they have there and of course, the lighthouse. (I have a picture of my 12 year old self at the top of the lighthouse trying to look cool.)

Cool about Bernie getting some paper time. He's probably the Eagle I know least about.

AlreadyGone95
12-13-2015, 12:59 PM
Last night, I was at my uncle's. He was flipping through the tv channels trying to find something to watch. He stopped on a show from the 80s called One Day At A Time. I vaguely knew about the show, but I recognized the title of a great song.

LuvTim
12-14-2015, 12:32 AM
Three' s Company--Chrissy and Janet give up tickets to an Eagles concert to stay home and have dinner with Jack. Chrissy' s quote, "We can go see the Eagles anytime."

Are you kidding me?

Brooke
12-14-2015, 11:04 AM
Too cool, LT!

I'd have never given up the tickets tough!

LuvTim
12-14-2015, 11:42 AM
Too cool, LT!

I'd have never given up the tickets tough!

I know, right? What the heck?:shrug:

12-14-2015, 12:16 PM
Seriously? They can go see the Eagles anytime, but they can't have dinner with Jack anytime. Wow - talk about a lame script. I guess that just proves what a blonde bimbo Crissy really was. ;-)

I used to watch Three's Company all the time. I thought it was cute, in spite of being very silly. Thanks for posting that, LT - I didn't remember that episode. OMG - the show was even sillier than I thought! :grin:

LuvTim
12-14-2015, 12:22 PM
Seriously? They can go see the Eagles anytime, but they can't have dinner with Jack anytime. Wow - talk about a lame script. I guess that just proves what a blonde bimbo Crissy really was. ;-)

I used to watch Three's Company all the time. I thought it was cute, in spite of being very silly. Thanks for posting that, LT - I didn't remember that episode. OMG - the show was even sillier than I thought! :grin:

I caught it accidentally by channel surfing this weekend. Could not believe my ears. LOL...

AlreadyGone95
12-14-2015, 12:53 PM
I wouldn't give up those tickets either!

NightMistBlue
12-16-2015, 02:24 PM
I wonder what year that episode was from: '77 or '79-'80? I'm overthinking it, I know :)

I liked that show when I was a kid. I thought Crissy was funny, it kinda went over my head that she was the stereotypical dumb blonde.

AlreadyGone95
12-16-2015, 03:18 PM
Saw this on Facebook. Even though, it has a "d" in it, I thought of Timothy.
http://rs1283.pbsrc.com/albums/a552/kim_dixon2/Mobile%20Uploads/12342540_663735303729046_523021999158687493_n_zpsl knbzqpx.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

12-17-2015, 03:04 PM
OMG - that is too funny!

I went to the dentist on Tuesday and I have a new technician. Her last name is Henley. For some reason, I liked her right away. :twisted:

AlreadyGone95
12-17-2015, 03:20 PM
OMG - that is too funny!

I went to the dentist on Tuesday and I have a new technician. Her last name is Henley. For some reason, I liked her right away. :twisted:

My dentist's last name is Dallas. He kinda reminds of Don since Don lives in Dallas. I'll be glad to see my dentist this coming Tuesday!

shunlvswx
12-21-2015, 12:46 AM
I was looking through my TVguide on Uverse and I saw a movie called Dirty Laundry. Made me think of the song.

AlreadyGone95
12-22-2015, 01:05 PM
The book I'm reading is about a guy who just became a private investigator. I'm reminded of certain PI named Cody. ;)

sodascouts
12-23-2015, 05:23 PM
I went into a sports store and saw a Dallas Cowboys shirt. It reminded me of this:

http://www.donhenleyonline.com/images/DHenleyJennyHalsallMeisnerLindaPenneyLondon.jpg

Jonny Come Lately
12-23-2015, 06:37 PM
I was watching part of the Top Gear Middle East special from a few years ago today, where the three presenters retrace the journey of the Three Wise Men from northern Iraq to Bethlehem in second hand cars, and at one stage they find themselves on the road to Damascus. This reminded me of the lyric from the final verse of Long Road Out Of Eden.

AlreadyGone95
12-25-2015, 02:22 AM
I got a sort of somber reminder of Glenn's daughter, Taylor, a few hours ago, when Taylor county Georgia was issued a tornado warning and flash flood warning. There's flooding from as far south as here and up to Atlanta.

sodascouts
12-25-2015, 12:04 PM
My best friend from way back - all the way since we were in the fourth grade - has a son named Taylor who's kind of like a nephew to me because his mom and I are really close. I always get him a Christmas present (this year, it was a Captain America T-shirt). As a result of my friend's son, I've always associated the name with guys. Now, thanks to Glenn's daughter, I associate the name with both! I don't tell him that, though. ;)

NOLA
12-25-2015, 12:37 PM
Watching the WC and Chuck Berry's "Run Run Rudolph" was the background song for Local on the 8's. Reminded me of the HFO video when Glenn was playing chords for the intro of GOI, and he said "Chuck Berry style."

GlennLover
12-26-2015, 01:12 AM
Our friend who came today for Christmas dinner had asked me a couple of days ago if she could bring anything sonImtold her to bring a bottle of wine. Much to my surprise she brought pink champagne!

AlreadyGone95
12-27-2015, 01:18 AM
I'm watching Richard Pryor: Live on Sunset Strip. He mentioned something about his girlfriend having lying eyes. Of course, the song started to play in my head.

NOLA
12-27-2015, 10:17 AM
Reading on CNN.com this morning about the tornadoes that tore through the Dallas, TX, area and hoping that Don and his family are safe!

AlreadyGone95
12-27-2015, 02:08 PM
Anytime I hear a Tom Petty song, I think of Don Felder, since he taught Tom how to play guitar.

AlreadyGone95
12-27-2015, 06:50 PM
As I said in the book club thread, I'm currently reading Carol Ann Harris' book, Storms. She was Lindsey Buckingham's girlfriend from 1977-1984. Naturally, there are a few Eagles references, specifically the 1978 AMA awards, and how Fleetwood Mac and the Eagles were fighting for the big awards. Carol Ann Harris also nakes aa brief mention of Don Henley having struck up a close friendship with Stevie Nicks.

12-27-2015, 08:43 PM
Reading on CNN.com this morning about the tornadoes that tore through the Dallas, TX, area and hoping that Don and his family are safe!

I know NOLA - I thought about Don too. He's already had one house destroyed in a California earthquake. But, of course, safety is the most important thing - as we always say, if he sustained any damage, bricks and mortar can be rebuilt.

AlreadyGone95
12-28-2015, 07:38 PM
I hope that Don is ok. My brother lives in Fort Worth, but he's ok.

In Storms, Carol Ann Harris says that she posed for a photo for the Eagles' The Long Run songbook. I didn't know that.

shunlvswx
12-28-2015, 08:16 PM
I hope Don is alright, but the tornadoes probably didn't hit the part of Dallas he lives at. I hope the tornadoes didn't mess up his eldest daughter's wedding later this week.

12-31-2015, 02:07 AM
Okay - I just ran across a newsflash with the following headline, but come on now L.A. Times - can't you get a little more original than this? I believe this already happened in 1994 ...

Hell freezes over: Are Slash and Axl Rose reuniting Guns N' Roses for Coachella?

sodascouts
12-31-2015, 12:22 PM
Yes, I'm afraid that catchphrase for a band re-grouping has been taken!

NOLA
01-02-2016, 08:15 PM
While browsing around in the history section at Barnes & Noble, ran across a 4-volume series entitled, "We Were Eagles," by Martin Bowman. The set details the rigors of the American 8th Air Force that fought in the European theater during WWII.

TW
01-03-2016, 08:26 PM
I was watching the EAGLES game earlier today

AlreadyGone95
01-06-2016, 04:02 PM
A few minutes ago, I was listening to a rock station out of Tallahassee, Florida, GULF 104. They played Tom Petty's Free Falling, and before that Bob Seger's Hollywood Nights. The dj came on. He said "Bob Seger, born in Detroit, Michigan, lives in Los Angeles. Tom Petty, born in Gainesville(Florida), lives in Los Angeles. Glenn Frey, born in Detroit, Michigan, lives in Los Angeles. Smugglers Blues starts playing. :rockon:. Only problem was that my mom and I had arrived at Walmart. Half way through the song, my mom shuts off the car and there went the radio. :scowl::enraged:. She said that I had the song on vinyl, cd, Spotify, my phone etc.

I thought that they should've mentioned Don Felder being from Gainesville as well.

AlreadyGone95
01-07-2016, 08:04 PM
I'm watching an episode of Dateline on ID. The story being covered took place in Detroit, Michigan.

AlreadyGone95
01-08-2016, 08:47 PM
I saw a Facebook post saying that every day could be Fryday. (A reference to French fries). I'll stick to Freyday, even though I love fries ;).

AlreadyGone95
01-11-2016, 09:58 PM
I had 2 reminders of the Eagles today. The new headlights for the car are called Eagle Eyes. The other is that the college football championship game is being played in Glendale, Arizona.

Brooke
01-12-2016, 05:34 PM
I was just browsing at Old Navy and found a pair of jeans that remind me of Glenn!

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=85732&vid=1&pid=815203002

I think they looked better on him though! :lol:

GlennLover
01-12-2016, 06:13 PM
I was watching a network morning show & the camera showed a view of the street out side the studio. There was a restaurant across the street called the Sunset Grill.

Immediately after that there was a news break telling about Rupert Murdoch's engage ment to Jerry Hall. Two things in a row that reminded me of Don.

01-16-2016, 01:41 PM
I found out yesterday that a friend of mine's son is dating a girl named Kim Schmit - even spelled the right way. I can't help but say that I got a little giddy when I heard that. :rockon:

LuvTim
01-16-2016, 04:34 PM
I found out yesterday that a friend of mine's son is dating a girl named Kim Schmit - even spelled the right way. I can't help but say that I got a little giddy when I heard that. :rockon:

Woo hoo!! :rockon:
Keep us posted, dreamer!

LuvTim
01-22-2016, 12:23 PM
I'm in the grocery store listening to the Eagles' How Long. Love it.

AlreadyGone95
01-22-2016, 05:02 PM
There's an road called Old 55 by locals here, which of course, reminds me of the song.

Jonny Come Lately
01-22-2016, 06:59 PM
I'm on my computer in front of the television and the 2013 Eric Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival is on. So far I've seen Vince Gill (which reminded me of his ICTYW cover for Common Thread, and his more recent playing on Cass County) and Keith Urban (who has just covered TIE in tribute to Glenn).

WitchyWoman92
01-23-2016, 06:12 AM
My favorite talk show host is Conan O'Brien and there's this bit from 2007 on his old NBC Late Night show where he's demonstrating the General Electric voice recognition system. Only it didn't work properly. Anyway the Eagles related moment came when he started singing "Desperado". Only thing is I can't find it on youtube so sometimes I wonder if I imagined that.

AlreadyGone95
01-23-2016, 11:44 PM
Saw this on Facebook.
http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a552/kim_dixon2/Mobile%20Uploads/12552969_10153888855657264_3025578589108564116_n_z psg7zhlbos.jpg

NOLA
01-24-2016, 11:50 AM
Love that, AG! Glad to see the HC is located on the "Dark Desert Highway."

This morning, saw an eagle soaring over my house. He struggled a bit to stay steady in the cold wind. Makes me sad now when I see one flying alone. :(

Freypower
01-24-2016, 04:55 PM
Nice, but there should be a Telegraph Road heading out of town, and at the Heartbreak Hotel perhaps a stairway of some description....and it should all take place in a land of confusion.

sad-cafe
01-24-2016, 05:34 PM
very cute

Outlawman13
01-24-2016, 08:07 PM
I do like that picture!!! Hotel California and Joe's Garage (Joe Walsh maybe?)

Freypower
01-24-2016, 08:26 PM
I do like that picture!!! Hotel California and Joe's Garage (Joe Walsh maybe?)

Joe's Garage refers to an album by Frank Zappa.

Outlawman13
01-24-2016, 08:43 PM
LOL opps!! I haven't heard that song before!

shunlvswx
01-24-2016, 11:42 PM
I'm watching the X-Files. Mulder and Scully were talking to a guy. I forgot what they were talking about. The guy says I'm not some Johnny Come Lately to the UFO phenomenon.

Made me think of New Kid in Town.

sad-cafe
01-25-2016, 12:24 AM
every time an Eagles song comes on the radio, the dj has been saying this is in Remembrance of Glenn Frey who unexpectedly passed away on Monday jan 18

AlreadyGone95
01-25-2016, 05:27 PM
At CVS earlier, I saw a magazine with Oprah Winfrey on the cover with the caption. "You are not alone".

Brooke
01-26-2016, 04:43 PM
This morning on our local news they told about a dog that joined in a marathon race just out of the blue and ran along with the people and even finished and the announcer said "I guess every dog will have his day". I thought of Don and Waiting in the Weeds.

Outlawman13
01-26-2016, 05:28 PM
It's pretty much the little things that remind me of our dear Eagles!! Yesterday I had a co-worker come up to me and said Take It Easy!! I was just singing like crazy afterwards!!!

AlreadyGone95
01-26-2016, 05:40 PM
This morning, I was in the kitchen, and I heard someone on the tv say "You know, in The Long Run....".

Outlawman13
01-29-2016, 07:33 PM
Today I met a lady (when I was working), she had on a 2015 Eagles shirt on and it was the Hotel California one. I told her I loved her shirt and she said that she saw the last concert they ever did! Both of us talked about Glenn and his passing and his family!!! It is still unreal for me to know that Glenn is gone!

AlreadyGone95
01-31-2016, 03:44 AM
I thought of Glenn twice yesterday.

I'm currently reading a biography of Duane Allman(of the Allman Brothers Band). I'm up to the part where Duane did some session work at Muscle Shoals, which is where Glenn recorded part of the No Fun Aloud album.

During a movie I was watching, one of the characters talked about not dealing with work after hours. That of course, made me think of the After Hours album.

Outlawman13
01-31-2016, 03:27 PM
That is pretty cool!! Which movie was that on when one character said after hours?

AlreadyGone95
01-31-2016, 04:43 PM
That is pretty cool!! Which movie was that on when one character said after hours?

It was a 1955 sci fi movie called This Island Earth.

Outlawman13
01-31-2016, 06:16 PM
I might have to see that movie soon! I like old movies like that

AlreadyGone95
02-02-2016, 01:55 PM
Ob last night's local news, I saw a local basketball coach whose last name was Frey.

Outlawman13
02-02-2016, 05:30 PM
That is pretty awesome!!

Just this morning, I was watching That 70's Show and Hyde had on a Hotel California t-shirt on! Too cool

Tori
02-03-2016, 02:56 PM
We had the radio on at work this morning and Leather and Lace came on... but my supervisor turned it off before Don's verse. Aww. Now it's gonna be stuck in my head for the rest of the day!

AlreadyGone95
02-05-2016, 02:57 AM
I'm currently reading a book called Jacob's Ladder, which is a historical fiction novel about some families from Virginia during the civil war. The date for one of the chapters is November 6th, 1862.

buffyfan145
02-05-2016, 08:59 AM
Ever since Glenn passed I keep seeing or hearing little things almost daily. My Mom a couple days after was wearing her reading glasses on top of her head like Glenn did in so many pictures and she noticed I was staring at her funny. Then there's a commercial that I can't remember what's for but during part of it the narrator goes "My name's Glenn..." and I keep seeing it. LOL

But the weirdest thing is actually realizing that one of my favorite TV shows "Once Upon a Time" is doing a storyline for their spring half which is back in March about the characters going to the Underworld to save another Captain Hook (who is my favorite) from Hades who trapped him there, which is what I thought "Hotel California" was about as a pre-teen. :) I love sci-fi and I used to imagine that the song's story was about a guy actually trapped in Hell and trying to find a way out. The show's about fairy tale and other fictional characters stuck in our world. The part about it now that gets me is Captain Hook is played by Colin O'Donoghue, an actor I love and realized a couple years ago could play Glenn if they ever make an Eagles biopic movie. So that's been a bit freaky to me.

AlreadyGone95
02-11-2016, 02:42 AM
Earlier, I was watching an episode of The Andy Griffith Show. Andy told Aunt Bee to "just take it easy".

Jonny Come Lately
02-13-2016, 07:40 PM
Today I saw a hotel called the Winslow Hotel. This of course reminded me of the classic lyric from Take It Easy. :smile:

Outlawman13
02-14-2016, 01:36 AM
Today when I watched That 70's Show, I saw a poster that had Eagles on there and I thought of the Eagles!! OHHH how I miss Glenn!!

AlreadyGone95
02-14-2016, 02:51 AM
At midnight on my local PBS station, they had an hour long episode of American Masters called BB King: The Life of Riley. At least 2 dozen people in the music business talked about him. Two of them were Joe Walsh and Bill Szymczyk.

UndertheWire
02-14-2016, 10:12 AM
At midnight on my local PBS station, they had an hour long episode of American Masters called BB King: The Life of Riley. At least 2 dozen people in the music business talked about him. Two of them were Joe Walsh and Bill Szymczyk.
I saw that last year. From what I remember, Bill S was producer or engineer for "The Thrill is Gone". Of course, Glenn decided there should be a song called "After the Thrill is Gone".

LuvTim
02-14-2016, 02:34 PM
I'm out shopping and "Heartache Tonight" is playing on the piped in music.

AlreadyGone95
02-17-2016, 12:47 AM
A few minutes ago, I was looking at free giveaways of books on Goodreads. I had just entered one to win Lita Ford's new book, and I scrolled down and saw a book called Glens Falls. The name refers to a town in which the characters live, but of course, I thought of Glenn when I saw the title.

AlreadyGone95
02-17-2016, 11:22 PM
A few minutes ago, on a tv show called Flippin' RVs, a guy talked about waiting in the weeds to find RVs to fix up.

NOLA
02-18-2016, 09:55 AM
My new motorcycle has a Screamin' Eagle 110 Twin Cam engine. Soon, she'll have a matching air cleaner, too.

Brooke
02-18-2016, 10:43 AM
Last night on House Hunters (HGTV) a couple from Royal Oak was looking for a house!

Outlawman13
02-20-2016, 12:29 AM
On World's Fastest Indian (with Anthony Hopkins) there was a guy who's name was Glenn and spelled the exact same way!! I thought that was super cool

AlreadyGone95
02-25-2016, 10:15 PM
I'm watching a TV show called You Live in What?. It show cases unique homes all over the world. The one they're talking right now is located in Winslow, Arizona.

buffyfan145
02-27-2016, 10:55 AM
I went and saw Kacey Musgraves in concert for the first time last night and I had the thought again that I did when I saw her perform on TV before, that her backup band reminded me so much if the Eagles had stayed as Linda Ronstadt's backup band. Kacey's band is awesome and they were having so much fun on stage with her. She sings more traditional country with a bit of rock, and at times a Texas swing style too as she's from there too. She's got 5 members in the band. Two are from Texas, one from Nebraska, one from California, and the youngest is from Ohio. The guy she refers to the "band leader" plays guitar and piano, and they all do harmonies and help her write her songs. She even at one point forgot the words to one of her new songs but knew the chorus and the guys kept making fun of her about it and it reminded me of Don forgetting the lyrics during the HFO concert. LOL :laugh: I had so much fun last night and loved it!!! :D

LuvTim
02-28-2016, 03:47 PM
Just too busy being fabulous playing over the piped-in music while shopping. :-)

lack of proper punctuation due to voice text

Brooke
02-29-2016, 11:15 AM
bf, glad you enjoyed yourself at the Kacey Musgraves show! I really like her song Merry Go Round.

buffyfan145
03-01-2016, 11:41 AM
That is a fantastic song and she did it acoustic at the show. :)

This is going to sound weird but last night's episode of "Gotham" reminded me of how Glenn's last name has been pronounced differently before. "Gotham" is a Batman prequel show so we're getting to see Bruce Wanye's and the villains' origin stories (I'm a huge 2nd gen Batman fan). Last night they started their story of how Mr. Freeze will come about and it's sticking very closely to the comics' sympathetic & sad storyline about him trying to save his dying wife. Just they are actually pronouncing Victor's last name right finally. It's Fries and pronounced like Frey but plural. In the other adaptations they said it like Freeze, thus the nickname and how the show wrote in people mispronouncing it. I didn't know that's how Victor's last name was said and it reminded me of how I've heard people say Glenn's last name at least three different ways. LOL

Freypower
03-01-2016, 04:49 PM
That is a fantastic song and she did it acoustic at the show. :)

This is going to sound weird but last night's episode of "Gotham" reminded me of how Glenn's last name has been pronounced differently before. "Gotham" is a Batman prequel show so we're getting to see Bruce Wanye's and the villains' origin stories (I'm a huge 2nd gen Batman fan). Last night they started their story of how Mr. Freeze will come about and it's sticking very closely to the comics' sympathetic & sad storyline about him trying to save his dying wife. Just they are actually pronouncing Victor's last name right finally. It's Fries and pronounced like Frey but plural. In the other adaptations they said it like Freeze, thus the nickname and how the show wrote in people mispronouncing it. I didn't know that's how Victor's last name was said and it reminded me of how I've heard people say Glenn's last name at least three different ways. LOL

Because it is presumably German & the e comes after the i I would think it should be pronounced Freeze.

buffyfan145
03-01-2016, 05:06 PM
That's what they normally did in the comics & films/shows but for some reason this show's writers changed it to sound like "fries" normally (like in talking about food). I saw some theories it might be to distance their version from the comic way the character was portrayed in the films and 60s show, as this one is very dark and serious as a Batman adaption. Plus, their Victor is American instead of from Germany so maybe they changed it for that too. It just totally surprised me as I never heard it that way and how it's similar to Glenn's name.

Freypower
03-01-2016, 05:09 PM
I meant that the surname is of German origin, just as the surname Frey is.

SoaringRockyMountainWay
03-01-2016, 05:12 PM
In literature class today we read parts of Walden by Henry David Thoreau. The teacher was asking us a bunch of questions about Walden and I was the only one who knew anything about it since I know about Don Henley's involvement with it so the teacher gave me extra credit. I was like thank you Don!

Brooke
03-01-2016, 05:20 PM
Good for you, SRMW!

buffyfan145
03-07-2016, 10:49 AM
I had posted earlier how "Once Upon a Time" was doing their Underworld arc and it seemed to be fitting the story I used to picture to "Hotel California" when I was a kid, and having watched last night's mid-season premiere it was spooky how similar it was. When I was around 11/12 I saw Disney's version of "Hercules" and having listened again to the song I started picturing the "master/madman" character to be Hades and the story of how people were trapped in Hell/the Underworld and trying to escape. That's the main theme of this spring arc on the show to rescue those trapped there by Hades. :) Plus, the actor I would want to play Glenn, Colin O'Donoghue, plays Captain Hook/Killian Jones and he's the main one the main characters are trying to save and bring back to life, but the new part of the mission is to save the others Hades has trapped there by helping them "move on". Hades hates anyone leaving his world and has his 3 headed dog (the beast I pictured in the song). His chambers looks like how I pictured the character's in the song's and he was drinking a glass of wine too when we first saw him in the ep last night.

Plus, it was just so emotional with these dead characters coming back and saying final goodbyes and making amends. I cried multiple times last night not only thinking about Glenn but the family and friends I've lost these past 5 years. It's going to be such a great and emotional arc. :)

UndertheWire
03-07-2016, 10:52 AM
I was just paying a US supplier and saw their bank address was Providence, RI.

AlreadyGone95
03-09-2016, 02:11 PM
A category on Jeopardy last night was "Route 66".

The Byrd
03-09-2016, 06:52 PM
Whenever I hear someone playing cards (most days), I hear them say queen of hearts and queen of diamonds, and it reminds me of Desperado. Also, people always seem to say "take it easy"!

Funk 50
03-11-2016, 03:30 PM
kinda speaks for itself.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35749243

buffyfan145
03-11-2016, 05:00 PM
I keep noticing things in my shows but in last night's episode of "Legends of Tomorrow" the superhero characters time traveled to 1958 and one of the teenagers in the town was being referred to as "James Dean" and one of the cars kind of looked like Glenn's car Gladys, one of the main characters was talking about the other's undercover identity and called him "The New Kid in Town", and the town was being attacked by a bird like creatures. LOL :) I really think someone on Greg Berlanti's writing staff (or himself) is an Eagles fan as on his other show "The Flash" an episode a couple weeks ago was called "The Fast Lane".

AlreadyGone95
03-17-2016, 12:25 PM
I've checked out book from the library called Motown by Loren D. Estleman. It takes place in Detroit in 1966. (Needless to say who came to mind when I read the info about the book)

UndertheWire
03-17-2016, 12:45 PM
I'm watching "Bosch" and as he's in Hollywood Division, a lot of it takes place around Laurel Canyon, Echo Park etc. Even a suggestion of getting a booth at Dan Tana's. He lives in a house with a spectacular view, so of course I think of the "Million Dollar View". When they finally track down the bad guy, the house is built up a slope with a garage underneath and of course I was thinking of 1020 Laguna. I like seeing these places because it looks quite different to what I imagined from books.

Brooke
03-18-2016, 09:37 AM
I always have the Today Show on in the morning when I'm getting ready for work and I heard Take It Easy playing while they were talking about something. I couldn't quite hear what they were saying so I rushed in thinking it could be something about the Eagles or Glenn. It wasn't! The song just fit, I guess!

ETA: I just remembered they were talking about their Eagle cam they have been watching where an Eagle is on a nest with eggs about to hatch! There's the reference! :lol:

Prettymaid
03-18-2016, 09:58 AM
I always have the Today Show on in the morning when I'm getting ready for work and I heard Take It Easy playing while they were talking about something. I couldn't quite hear what they were saying so I rushed in thinking it could be something about the Eagles or Glenn. It wasn't! The song just fit, I guess!

That's funny, Brooke - the exact same thing happened to me yesterday! Hubby watches Fox and Friends as he's eating breakfast. I had just gotten up and was making the bed when I heard TIE. I actually ran down the hall into the kitchen - just in time to see a commercial. :huh: They must have just been playing it as an outro.

ETA: Just read your ETA...cool!

AlreadyGone95
03-18-2016, 01:47 PM
I saw the Eagle cam last night on NBC Nightly News.

A category on last night's Jeopardy was New Zealand. One of the answers was Christchurch.

AlreadyGone95
03-19-2016, 07:59 PM
I'm reading a fictional account of the "Hanging Judge"*Issac Parker. About 3/5 of the way through the book, there's a brief mention of Bill Doolin.

AlreadyGone95
03-20-2016, 04:58 PM
Just watched the last few minutes of a basketball playoff game, Notre Dame vs. Stephen F. Austin university. Notre Dame beat Don Henley's old college, 76-75.

buffyfan145
03-26-2016, 08:34 PM
Today at my family's Easter dinner (my Granny has always done it on Saturday) we were talking about bands and musicians performing at our local festivals and fairs this year and my Dad goes on to talk about the line up and my uncle blurts out "Is it the Eagles?". We all just looked at him in a way both laughing as he was joking but also a bit sad as that won't be possible anymore. Then we all talked about how we never got to see them or Glenn live. I know I wrote on here before but my entire family (except my Granny since she still won't listen to non-Christian music LOL) are Eagles fans, including my 9 year old, 16 year old, and early 20s cousins. Some of them did bring up about seeing the tribute band Hotel California a couple years back and how good they were, which I wasn't able to go to at the time but I'd like to see them too. I still just find it awesome how they are one group my whole family loves no matter our ages, and so many of my family are musically talented so if we ever do start our random singing/playing sessions their songs are played a lot. :)

AlreadyGone95
03-28-2016, 01:28 AM
I thought of the Eagles, particularly Don, when I saw the video (meme) of Donald Trump being attacked by a bald eagle.

I also thought of Don a few minutes ago. The book I'm reading has a character in it that is in college, and is studying the work Henry David Thoreau.

AlreadyGone95
03-31-2016, 11:59 AM
One of the many specific dates that Newton book mentions is November 6th.

buffyfan145
04-01-2016, 08:49 PM
Today one of my friends I met through the San Francisco Giants fandom posted on FaceBook about pitcher Tim Lincecum, who used to play for them, and how he still hasn't signed with anyone for this coming season which starts in a few days. He's been a Giant his whole career so it's going to be so weird not seeing him with them and he was one of my favorite players. Well, someone else commented about how "it'll be weird not seeing Ol' 55 anymore". Timmy's number was 55 while he played for the Giants and I immediately thought of this song and Glenn, and Glenn's love for baseball. I also have his jersey with the number on the back and a bobblehead of him too in uniform with his long hair. I didn't even think of the connection till now. :)

jane02
04-02-2016, 05:00 AM
My yoga/meditation teacher sends out an inspirational text at the beginning of each month - the one I got yesterday was "don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy". I smiled and looked up to the heavens.
I am going through a difficult time at the moment and I think that was a message to me.....

jms18222
04-02-2016, 10:38 AM
Last Sunday my oldest son was traveling for work. He was either in the air or stuck at the airport from 4:00 AM to 8:00PM when he finally landed in Houston. He said he downloaded Hotel California when he flew from Chicago to Atlanta then bought Greatest Hits when he flew from Atlanta to NYC.
His remark was Mom these guys were amazing why did I go see them with you? I have a firm maybe to go see Don with him if he is close enough again.

04-02-2016, 12:23 PM
Love these stories ladies. Keep 'em coming.

I started going back to a chiropractor this week. At yesterday's visit, my new doctor asked me who my favorite band was - I guess it's one of his ways of putting new patients at ease. When I told him it was the Eagles, and how sad this year had been for me, he had that 'insert foot in mouth' look. He kind of joked with me and told me about how good he always is at making his patients feel so much better. I kidded back and told him how much I was looking forward to my next visit.

AlreadyGone95
04-02-2016, 02:18 PM
I watched the American Masters story on David Geffen on pbs very early this morning. I expected for the Eagles to be mentioned, but given what went down between them and Geffen, I didn't expect to see them talk about him. Both Don and Glenn were interviewed for the documentary which was done in 2012. They were both shown at least a half dozen times.

ETA: Irving Azoff was also interviewed, and was shown a couple of times.

Houston Baby
04-03-2016, 06:39 PM
Yesterday was filled with reminders for me. Granted like everyone else here, it does not take much.:wink: First off I took my car in for an oil change at John Eagle Honda. In front of the dealership they have a big bronze sculpture of an eagle on top of the world. Next at Barnes & Noble while waiting at the checkout a HOTEL CALIFORNIA cd was calling me. They had it marked at $7.99 so even though I have one I bought it. Then I went to James Avery to order a charm for my bracelet. They have a charm that says "You are always in my heart" on one side. On the other side, they will engrave in script
GLF
11-6-48
1-18-16

The sales lady who waited on me was so nice & patient. We played with the design until I found something that I liked. It should be here in a couple of weeks & hopefully it looks as pretty as it did on the tablet. BTW, thanks for the confirmation Soda!

And at my last stop, I was leaving Macy's going by the purses, I spotted a blue denim patchwork purse that I fell in love with & had to have. It will be perfect for my trip to LA in May. We all know what handsome singer it reminds me of.

Prettymaid
04-04-2016, 07:40 AM
How sweet, HB.

On our shopping trip this weekend we went to Pier 1 where I saw that one of their lines of candles is called Pink Champagne. Then, while we were in Hobby Lobby they had several paintings of cows skulls. Of course I pointed both out to Hubby. :)

NOLA
04-04-2016, 10:57 AM
Every time I slip on a pair of Frye boots before I ride, I'm reminded of Glenn. BTW, on their site, there's a photo of a vintage pair of cowboy boots that look just like the ones he wore in the '70s. They have the raised stitching on the vamp.

Houston Baby
04-04-2016, 12:40 PM
Wow Buffy, I had not heard that Tim L was a free agent. I loved watching him pitch! I knew he had been injured but did not know @ the surgery. Once the 'stros went to the AL, I lost track of the NL. Sorry, this is best discussed in the Sports thread.

Prettymaid
04-04-2016, 10:46 PM
I turned on my car radio today to the Steve Dahl show on WLS am and heard him say, "I'm an analog guy in a digital world." :) Not too surprising, I guess, since he and Joe have been friends for years.

Brooke
04-05-2016, 09:44 AM
I turned on my car radio today to the Steve Dahl show on WLS am and heard him say, "I'm an analog guy in a digital world." :) Not too surprising, I guess, since he and Joe have been friends for years.

Whoa, WLS! That brings back memories from highschool! We listened to that station way back when my husband and I were dating and hadn't thought about it for many moons! :lol:

Carry on! I just had to comment on that!

Prettymaid
04-05-2016, 01:19 PM
Whoa, WLS! That brings back memories from highschool! We listened to that station way back when my husband and I were dating and hadn't thought about it for many moons! :lol:

Carry on! I just had to comment on that!

I listened to it back then, too. Remember Larry Lujack and John 'Records' Landecker? Lol. Now it's all talk radio.

GlennLover
04-05-2016, 07:03 PM
I was looking at quilt patterns earlier today & came across a block titled Life In The Fast Lane.

Houston Baby
04-06-2016, 01:10 PM
I was looking at quilt patterns earlier today & came across a block titled Life In The Fast Lane.

What did it look like GL?

UndertheWire
04-06-2016, 01:45 PM
At work we have lots of computers (well who doesn't?) and they are each given a name so we can access them over the network. A new virtual machine has been set up for me and it's been named, according to current naming convention and without input from me, after a malt whisky. Yes, it starts with "Glen".

Jonny Come Lately
04-06-2016, 02:56 PM

This appeals to the dirty part of my mind because the first thought that came into my head on reading was the lyric from the song 'They had one thing in common...'! :hilarious:

FWIW
04-08-2016, 10:09 AM
I just received an email from Amazon recommending Glyn Johns' book Sound Man based on my recent activity. UtW referenced this book in a different thread. I think I'm going to order it because it sounds pretty interesting and it got decent reviews.

AlreadyGone95
04-09-2016, 03:31 PM
At CVS, and I heard Bob Seger's Against the Wind playing on the PA. There's such beautiful harmonies in that song. Unfortunately, CVS decided to interrupt the song twice to advertise some of their items that were on sale.

SoaringRockyMountainWay
04-11-2016, 07:09 PM
Today in government class the teacher asked us to shout the name of a famous singer. The first one that came to my mind was Don Henley so shouted his name. The teacher wrote his name on the board along with Miley Cyrus. Then the teacher asked us to vote for one. I raised both my hands for Don Henley and most of the class went along with me because they know I'm Eagles crazy. The teacher said, "This makes Don Henley the most popular singer." And I was like "Yes! Yes, he is!"

buffyfan145
04-11-2016, 08:08 PM
That's awesome Soaring!!! :D That reminds me in my high school government's class we had to make a playlist/mix tape of songs that either talked about political, social, or economical issues and could only do 2 for each decade (60s - early 2000s) so for one of my 80s songs I used Don's "Dirty Laundry" and my teacher loved that. Not only was he a fan, he actually went to high school with my Mom and said I inherited her musical tastes. LOL :lol:

SoaringRockyMountainWay
04-12-2016, 01:42 PM
Buffyfan, I also used to have a teacher that was a fan of the Eagles. He was known for yelling at everybody all the time but he never yelled at me because I like the Eagles. :smile:

buffyfan145
04-12-2016, 04:34 PM
That's funny. LOL :D My teacher too actually had a record player and records in his classroom, so on test days after everyone got done we'd just listen to his records. LOL

I did get reminded today with "Harry Potter" of all things. LOL I started reading those books when I was 12 and it was still a couple years before the films came out. Today I was looking at an article where random celebs were sorted into the Hogwarts houses, and I'm in Ravenclaw (there's various online tests to get sorted) so I always like to see who's in my house. I got reminded that the Ravenclaw mascot isn't a raven, but an eagle. J.K Rowling wrote in the books that the Ravenclaw house was founded by Roweena Ravenclaw, but she used a bald eagle in the crest since her daughter fled to Albania and it was known as "The Land of the Eagles". So if they went by like sports teams it would be the Ravenclaw Eagles, so I am an eagle in the "Harry Potter" world. LOL :cool:

Jonny Come Lately
04-12-2016, 05:58 PM
I can't say I was aware of any of my teachers being Eagles fans. In fairness, I wasn't an Eagles fan at a time so probably wouldn't have been noticed. I never really spoke about music much at school, as I only really became a music fan as such towards the end of my school years. I do remember one time when my Geography teacher played ELO's Mr Blue Sky in one lesson about weather, but apart from that the only bands I can ever remember discussing at school were Pink Floyd (Dark Side/Wish You Were Here) and Fleetwood Mac (Rumours). The honest truth is I simply hadn't heard as much of the music I love back then, and the summer holidays after my final school exams were a big chance for me to explore quite a bit of music - it was then that I discovered the Eagles, initially through Hotel California and then One Of These Nights.

Buffyfan, I'd have loved to do that social/political commentary songs exercise - I really enjoy making lists like that and I like quite a few songs of that nature. Dirty Laundry is one of my favourites, but there are plenty others I could go for (I'd probably choose the title track from Long Road Out Of Eden as one of my 2000's choices). I think I might start something a bit like that in the Listography thread, although I may give it a slight twist.

AlreadyGone95
04-13-2016, 02:29 PM
My 8th grade typing teacher and I talked about music alot. Bands like Fleetwood Mac, Boston, Queen, Def Leppard, Aerosmith etc. I don't remember if we discussed the Eagles or not, but it's definitely possible. He had me bring my cds to school and he ripped them to his computer to play during my class, which my classmates hated. :hilarious:

A few minutes ago, I passed by a group of apartments called Glen Arms Manor.

NOLA
04-13-2016, 03:38 PM
Watching the Weather Channel last night, and the meteorologists were talking about some hail damage this past weekend in Sharonville, OH. Made me think of Don's lovely wife.

And, for NMB, a segment of "Storm Chasers" that was on the night before took place in Scottsbluff, NE. I thought of you and your sweet man.

L101
04-13-2016, 04:33 PM
I had my laptop with me today on my course as we were working on one of our assignments that is due soon. I had my desktop open and heard my friend next to me sigh - I looked at her and found her looking at the picture on my desktop. It was the Cass County picture of Don in his brown denim jacket holding his guitar looking into the distance (at a train ?? ;-)).
We had a few minutes of silent reflection of the beauty that is this picture and then went back to the real world and Regulatory Affairs :grin:

(Its my avatar picture)

Glennsallnighter
04-13-2016, 06:18 PM
I love those moments.

AlreadyGone95
04-17-2016, 01:58 PM
As I said in the book club thread, I'm reading a book called The Official Heavy Metal Book of Lists. One of the lists is John 5's top 10 favorite concerts and tours.(he is a session guitarist who has played and toured with many metal greats). His #10 pick is the Eagles' New Year's Eve Millennium concert. The last thing I expected to find in this book was an Eagles mention!

LuvTim
04-17-2016, 03:07 PM
As I said in the book club thread, I'm reading a book called The Official Heavy Metal Book of Lists. One of the lists is John 5's top 10 favorite concerts and tours.(he is a session guitarist who has played and toured with many metal greats). His #10 pick is the Eagles' New Year's Eve Millennium concert. The last thing I expected to find in this book was an Eagles mention!

Lol... that's awesome. Over the years, I've often suspected that lots of people who turned up their hard rock noses at Eagles music secretly dug it, you know? :)

AlreadyGone95
04-17-2016, 04:14 PM
Lol... that's awesome. Over the years, I've often suspected that lots of people who turned up their hard rock noses at Eagles music secretly dug it, you know? :)

I agree. Metalheads aren't supposed like "wimpy" rock, lol.

Actually, there was 2 Eagles mentions in the book. The other mention was of Don't Felder. There was a list called "10 fun facts about the Gibson double neck guitar". One of the facts was musicians who have played it, and Don Felder was listed.

LuvTim
04-18-2016, 04:29 PM
Just heard Timothy B Schmit's version of Carry On. Totally awesome and superior!! It was on SiriusXM Deep Tracks.

buffyfan145
04-20-2016, 09:47 AM
The new trailer for "The Magnificent Seven" remake movie was released today and not only had I'd been waiting for this but it actually fits with the Eagles for me as I started referring to the Eagles as "The Magnificent Seven" once I found out there were 7 members. LOL

In the late 90s CBS had a TV show remake of the 60s films that was on for 3 years that I loved and watched with my parents. I normally don't like Westerns but I loved that show. The main story is of a bounty hunter who rides into a town out west that is being terrorized by a group of outlaws, and is asked by the town to help save them. So he brings together a rag, tag group of a variety of different characters and they help save the day. This new film is more diverse too with Denzel Washington as the leader, and reflecting more of what it was really like in those times as the real cowboys were not just white but the other races too, unlike most of the older films.

At the same time I was watching the CBS show I was learning more about the Eagles and made the connection with the 7 members and of course the "Desperado" album. :D I remember my Dad loved that as not only is he an Eagles fan he's a huge fan of Westerns and "The Magnificent Seven" is one of his favorites too.

So, we for sure will be seeing this movie in September. And I noticed already that Chris Pratt's young gambler turned cowboy character reminds me of a certain someone just from the trailer and if it follows the show he's playing my favorite. LOL :D

Brooke
04-20-2016, 10:36 AM
I love Western movies and will try to catch this one too, buffy!

SoaringRockyMountainWay
04-20-2016, 05:59 PM
When I was driving home from school, I noticed that the people that live in the house across from me were getting their tree cut down but I didn't think anything of it. Then I had to drive past the house again to take my sister to the store. My sister asked me, "Did you see the guy working on the tree that looks like Glenn?" I was like "What?! No! You're just pulling my leg." She said, "No I'm telling the truth. He looks just like that picture of Glenn you have on your phone." (It's the one below.) I was thinking, "Dang, this guy must be really hot." Then my sister told me that he looked like he was about 20 years old. I started to get really excited at the thought of a guy that looks like Glenn that's near my age and right across from my house. We hurried through the store and when we got back in the car, Heartache Tonight came on the radio. I thought, "This has to be a sign! My dreams are going to come true! 'Glenn' is going to sweep me off my feet! Maybe we could go to prom together! I'd have the hottest guy in the house!" (My school prom is in a few days so I kinda have my mind on that.) When I turned onto my road, I slowly drove past the house to get a good look at 'Glenn'. It turned out that the guy my sister thought looked just like Glenn, didn't look like him AT ALL. He was not hot WHATSOEVER. So that was kind of a disappointment. :hilarious:

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/images/GFrey1973HotStuffCar.jpg

LuvTim
04-20-2016, 10:14 PM
When I was driving home from school, I noticed that the people that live in the house across from me were getting their tree cut down but I didn't think anything of it. Then I had to drive past the house again to take my sister to the store. My sister asked me, "Did you see the guy working on the tree that looks like Glenn?" I was like "What?! No! You're just pulling my leg." She said, "No I'm telling the truth. He looks just like that picture of Glenn you have on your phone." (It's the one below.) I was thinking, "Dang, this guy must be really hot." Then my sister told me that he looked like he was about 20 years old. I started to get really excited at the thought of a guy that looks like Glenn that's near my age and right across from my house. We hurried through the store and when we got back in the car, Heartache Tonight came on the radio. I thought, "This has to be a sign! My dreams are going to come true! 'Glenn' is going to sweep me off my feet! Maybe we could go to prom together! I'd have the hottest guy in the house!" (My school prom is in a few days so I kinda have my mind on that.) When I turned onto my road, I slowly drove past the house to get a good look at 'Glenn'. It turned out that the guy my sister thought looked just like Glenn, didn't look like him AT ALL. He was not hot WHATSOEVER. So that was kind of a disappointment. :hilarious:

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/images/GFrey1973HotStuffCar.jpg

Man! Talk about getting your hopes up, just to have them dashed into a million pieces!! So sorry about that one, SRMW! 😞

Brooke
04-21-2016, 10:22 AM
What was your sister thinking, SRMW?! Does she need glasses? :lol:

So sorry for you!

SoaringRockyMountainWay
04-21-2016, 06:03 PM
What was your sister thinking, SRMW?! Does she need glasses? :lol:

I think so! Apparently, she's blind.

AlreadyGone95
04-21-2016, 07:45 PM
Perhaps you need to show your sister more photos of Glenn, SRMW.

I've got a skateboarding game on my tablet. One of the punky rock songs on the soundtrack of it has a lyric, "cause some may say I'm already gone".

SoaringRockyMountainWay
04-22-2016, 09:44 PM
Perhaps you need to show your sister more photos of Glenn, SRMW.

I would love to use that as an excuse to just look at Glenn. ;)

AlreadyGone95
04-23-2016, 01:54 AM
I would love to use that as an excuse to just look at Glenn. ;)

Lol!

I'm currently reading a book of mostly fictional short stories by Jimmy Buffet, called Tales From Margaritaville. I just finished the second story, which these 2 sisters who own a cafe. These sisters managed to persuade a hot man to become the coach of the local high school football team. During the team's first game, the opposing team's quarterback's first name is Glenn.

Funk 50
04-23-2016, 05:51 AM
Get Over It by the Eagles has been included in the BBC's The Shakespeare 400th Anniversary Playlist.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/playlists/zzzzvj

If anybody, more cultured and/or better educated, could tell me why, I'd appreciate it :unimpressed:

L101
04-23-2016, 07:03 AM
Get Over It by the Eagles has been included in the BBC's The Shakespeare 400th Anniversary Playlist.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/playlists/zzzzvj

If anybody, more cultured and/or better educated, could tell me why, I'd appreciate it :unimpressed:

Curtesy of good old Wiki :grin:

"The song references William Shakespeare's Henry VI, Part II: "Old Billy was right: let's kill all the lawyers - kill 'em tonight", echoing Shakespeare's line "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers".

Still not sure why that would have made the list but Iron Maiden and The Smiths are there as well ......

DivineDon
04-23-2016, 09:30 AM

"The song references William Shakespeare's Henry VI, Part II: "Old Billy was right: let's kill all the lawyers - kill 'em tonight", echoing Shakespeare's line "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers".

Only shows what a very learned man 'our' Don is - very impressive :grin:

buffyfan145
04-23-2016, 09:36 AM
I didn't know that was a Shakespeare reference. :D That is really awesome Don did that as well as the "Gatsby"/Zelda Fitzgerald references with "Witchy Woman".

NOLA
04-23-2016, 10:54 AM
Only shows what a very learned man 'our' Don is - very impressive :grin:
Agree, DD. He is adept at using his formal education in English to his best advantage. I've always wondered if he'll ever take the time to finish his B.A. Not that he really needs to, of course. :grin:

DivineDon
04-23-2016, 11:30 AM
Agree, DD. He is adept at using his formal education in English to his best advantage. I've always wondered if he'll ever take the time to finish his B.A. Not that he really needs to, of course. :grin:

I've a feeling he'd like the certificates lol - he seemed very impressed that his backing singers 'had degrees and s**t' - :grin: (apologies if I offend anyone)

Freypower
04-23-2016, 09:27 PM

Still not sure why that would have made the list but Iron Maiden and The Smiths are there as well ......

Why not? It is a direct quote.

I guess the assumption that it was Don who thought of the reference is pretty sound.

I have ordered some merchandise from the Globe Theatre shop including a Let's Kill All The Lawyers magnet - when I receive it I will post a photo of it.

Glad to see R&J there too, of course.

And see my signature, which comes from The Tempest, but of course the song is not well known. There is a surprise. I used this signature this week because of the 400th anniversary. Of course I have no way of knowing if Glenn (or Jack Tempchin) knew the origin of the phrase.

Funk 50
04-24-2016, 06:29 AM

Thanks Lacken101, it's obvious now that "Old Billy" is a reference to William Shakespeare.

I'm mixing topics now but until I closely, studied the lyrics to Don's, Driving With Your Eyes Closed, I thought, some guys breathed "bubble air" rather than "Baudelaire" (1821 – 1867) A French poet who also produced notable work as an essayist, art critic, and pioneering translator of Edgar Allan Poe.) :blush:

You need an encyclopedia and a dictionary to understand all Henley's references. :headscratch:

Freypower
04-24-2016, 07:50 PM
I found our Literary Eagles topic:

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5391

Jonny Come Lately
04-25-2016, 03:29 PM
I was going to suggest maybe moving these last few posts to that thread, or even to the Mentions in the Press thread. The explanations are interesting and I think could be very useful to people who maybe don't get the 'Old Billy' reference in GOI on first listen, so I think it's a shame to leave this a thread which isn't really meant for in-depth discussions where I suspect it will ultimately get forgotten and buried under subsequent postings.

AlreadyGone95
04-26-2016, 12:53 AM
I thought of Don twice yesterday evening. One of the categories on Jeopardy was Ralph Waldo Emerson. Another show I watched a little while later was about th early years of founding America's national parks. It briefly mentioned both Emerson and Henry David Thoreau.

NightMistBlue
04-27-2016, 08:02 AM
Driving into work this morning, I was behind a white van that had the logo Meisner Electric Inc. I restrained myself from shouting to the driver, "Take me to your leader!"

I'd never heard of the company before but they've done some huge projects including the massive Marlins Ballpark.

AlreadyGone95
04-28-2016, 01:39 PM
Lol, NMB!

My therapist's name is Cindy, so sometimes Glenn comes to mind when I talk to her.

AlreadyGone95
04-28-2016, 11:50 PM
I just got done reading Judy Collins's book, Shameless. In one of the last chapters, there's a fictitious Grammy award ceremony. One of the sentences says "Leonard Cohen and Glenn Frey were named best male performers".

LuvTim
04-28-2016, 11:54 PM
I just got done reading Judy Collins's book, Shameless. In one of the last chapters, there's a fictitious Grammy award ceremony. One of the sentences says "Leonard Cohen and Glenn Frey were named best male performers".

That's too cool. :smokin:

WS82Classics
04-29-2016, 01:14 PM
Not little things, but I used to have an older friend who looked a LOT like Glenn Frey did in later years--Towering physical presence, big face, and wavy hair on top. Frey was only 2 years older than my friend is.

I also wear a t-shirt with a cow skull on it, reminiscent of the album covers for "One of These Nights" and "Greatest Hits '71-'75." Also thinking of buying ones with eagles flying on them, since official band shirts are so prohibitively expensive.

WalshFan88
05-01-2016, 11:04 PM
Was watching CSI (the original Vegas one) as I'm binging on it and there was a Hotel California reference in Season 6 Episode: Pirates Of The Third Reich.

Greg said "This clinic is like Hotel California, you can check out anytime you like but you might not leave".

Kinda cool.

buffyfan145
05-02-2016, 10:30 AM
I love when shows do that. :D

Last night while watching "Once Upon a Time" one of my favorite couples Emma & Captain Hook finally got confirmed as a True Love couple and I've thought for awhile that Glenn's solo song "True Love" fit the show and all the True Love couples. It's the most powerful magic of all in the show and those lyrics really fit the Captain Hook/Killian Jones character so much and how he feels about Emma. So when I was watching it the song popped in my head, and I quoted it in my review posts on Tumblr/Twitter this morning. LOL :D

AlreadyGone95
05-03-2016, 01:24 AM
I'm reading a nonfiction book about Pickett's Charge at the battle of Gettysburg. There's a mention of a Confederate brigadier general whose last name was Fry. My crazy, over-imaginatve mind tried to picture Glenn in a Confederate uniform! :hilarious:

SoaringRockyMountainWay
05-03-2016, 04:05 PM
I'm reading a nonfiction book about Pickett's Charge at the battle of Gettysburg. There's a mention of a Confederate brigadier general whose last name was Fry. My crazy, over-imaginatve mind tried to picture Glenn in a Confederate uniform! :hilarious:

I do that all the time when I'm reading books! When it describes a character I'll picture one of the Eagles or even Ted Nugent. :hilarious: I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that.

AlreadyGone95
05-04-2016, 02:19 AM
I do that all the time when I'm reading books! When it describes a character I'll picture one of the Eagles or even Ted Nugent. :hilarious: I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that.

I've been doing it since I learned to read.

I guess that this is best thread to post this in, since it did remind of the Eagles in some ways.

Everyday, I look at my "On This Day" section of Facebook. It turns out that a year ago today, May 4th, would be start of my road to hardcore Eagles fandom. I posted about getting Don's song, The Boys of Summer, stuck in my head. It would stay stuck for several days and cause me to do some research and buy some Eagles albums, which led to me discovering Glenn and subsequently, The Border. It's amazing what one song can do!

buffyfan145
05-04-2016, 10:36 AM
That's normal for me when I'm reading too, especially if the character's names are the same. But I'll do it too if the character's physical and/or personality description matches a celeb or person I know in real life. I posted a couple weeks back in Glenn's board and the book thread about a book one of my friends' Marie Cauley wrote "Never Forgotten You" and the character was so much like Glenn physically, being a 70s/80s musician making a comeback in the 90s, and personality wise that all I could picture was Glenn. LOL :) She thought it was funny but revealed to me she did base her character off multiple teen idols from the 70s and Glenn fit that too. LOL There also was a Pastor Timothy character so that was funny. LOL :lol: It happened to me again too with the sci-fi book series/TV show "The Expanse" as one of the characters I kept picturing as Glenn in his 40s because again personality wise it was similar, and there was an Admiral Souther too that he worked with. LOL

Freypower
05-06-2016, 10:16 PM
I just purchased an awesome print of the London Underground map with all the stations replaced by Shakespeare related references. I thought you would like to see this part:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/Miscellaneous/GOI.jpg

Get Over It is on the overground line (orange) next to Sir Toby Belch on the Victoria Line. GOI's real station name is Caledonian Road & Barnsbury.

buffyfan145
05-07-2016, 08:47 PM
AMC is premiering a new docudrama series on June 11th called "The American West" and it's going to be telling stories of the outlaws and gunslingers in the Old West. It's similar to the one they started last year "The Making of the Mob" where it mixed scripted scenes with actors, interviews with experts, and actual footage. I really like the mob series and I'll be checking this out. This time Robert Redford is involved with producing. They're slowly updating their IMDB page with the actors and I've been checking to see if they'll cover the Doolin-Dalton story as it is covering the other more well known ones. I do know some of the people being interviewed are actors from well known Westerns too and makes me wonder if the "Desperado" album will get mentioned. The mob series went into how the pop culture got inspired by it, so I would imagine this will cover it too with Westerns.

Brooke
05-09-2016, 03:06 PM
AMC is premiering a new docudrama series on June 11th called "The American West" and it's going to be telling stories of the outlaws and gunslingers in the Old West. It's similar to the one they started last year "The Making of the Mob" where it mixed scripted scenes with actors, interviews with experts, and actual footage. I really like the mob series and I'll be checking this out. This time Robert Redford is involved with producing. They're slowly updating their IMDB page with the actors and I've been checking to see if they'll cover the Doolin-Dalton story as it is covering the other more well known ones. I do know some of the people being interviewed are actors from well known Westerns too and makes me wonder if the "Desperado" album will get mentioned. The mob series went into how the pop culture got inspired by it, so I would imagine this will cover it too with Westerns.

Let us know, buffy! Sounds interesting!

AlreadyGone95
05-09-2016, 10:54 PM
That show sounds cool.

I am watching Ken Burns's documentary, Baseball. The title of one of the chapters on 1 of the dvds is "My Man". (The man is Yogi Berra.)

NightMistBlue
05-10-2016, 01:40 PM
Thought of Randy when I saw this article that chest hair (for men) is back in vogue: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/style/gentlemen-put-down-your-razors-the-hairy-chest-is-back-in-style/

buffyfan145
05-11-2016, 04:27 PM
NMB, I saw that get mentioned on the news and I immediately thought of the guys too. LOL :lol:

I had two things that randomly reminded me of Glenn today. One was seeing the Funko Pop Vinyl figures I collect are debuting "Ferris Bueller" ones based off the movie and one is of Ferris' best friend Cameron, but I forgot Cameron's last name in the movie is Frye, but pronounced exactly like Frey. LOL :D I love that movie and can't believe I forgot that.

The 2nd was seeing pictures of Paul Rudd since he's in the latest "Captain America" movie that I'll hopefully be seeing this weekend, and realizing that Paul could have totally played Glenn in a movie, especially in the 90s/early 2000s. :D He probably still could since Paul stopped aging and barely looks 40. LOL If you look back when Paul was in the "Anchorman" movies his character Brian had the long hair and mustache almost identical to Glenn on the "Hotel California" album/era. LOL :D Also, in the "Wet Hot American Summer" movie/Netflix show Paul's character wears a jean jacket and aviator shades a ton as it's set in 1981. Then Paul kind of even dresses now like how Glenn did later with a lot of flannel and blue/gray dress shirts over a white shirt. I've also seen Paul play guitar, keyboards, and sing many times, and play baseball. :D I've been a fan of Paul's since I first saw "Clueless" in 1996 and can't believe I didn't notice the resemblance before now. LOL :mrgreen:

Anna-M.
05-14-2016, 12:57 PM
Found this today and had to buy it immediately.

http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah234/AnnaEagle8/6227a888-78f8-4d29-beeb-8f0cc9b026d6_zps67prwnps.jpg

http://http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/AnnaEagle8/media/2016-03-23-18-25-17-803_zpscibkbbhy.jpg.html?filters[user]=145122508&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0 (http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/AnnaEagle8/media/2016-03-23-18-25-17-803_zpscibkbbhy.jpg.html?filters)
http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/AnnaEagle8/media/2016-03-23-18-25-17-803_zpscibkbbhy.jpg.html?filters[user]=145122508&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

05-14-2016, 01:03 PM
And who could blame you - excellent purchase! :thumbsup:

Anna-M.
05-14-2016, 04:46 PM
And who could blame you - excellent purchase! :thumbsup:

Yes, indeed. I'm quite proud of it.

AlreadyGone95
05-15-2016, 02:33 AM
That's a cool coffee mug.

The book I'm reading, American Woman by Robert Pobi, has made me think of Glenn twice so far. The surname of one of the antagonists is Deacon, and a minor character's surname is Freytag.

Brooke
05-16-2016, 01:56 PM
Anna, of course you had to buy it! Well done!

NightMistBlue
05-16-2016, 02:10 PM
That's normal for me when I'm reading too, especially if the character's names are the same. But I'll do it too if the character's physical and/or personality description matches a celeb or person I know in real life.

I do that, but I couldn't tell you why. When I read "The Lovely Bones" a few years ago, I pictured the dad as Don Henley. This was well before I developed an incurable condition known as Eagles-on-the-brain.

WS82Classics
05-16-2016, 09:54 PM
Not really a 'little' thing, but this story that's been in the news about a biker brawl in Texas puts sounds from the Eagles' "Desperado" album in my head, particularly the song "Outlaw Man."

buffyfan145
05-17-2016, 10:35 AM
I was watching an interview this morning with an actress I like Krysten Ritter and she talked about learning a method of acting called the "Meisner technique". :D I didn't know there was one called that and it was developed around the 30s/40s and a lot of well known actors use this method.

NightMistBlue
05-17-2016, 10:39 AM
Yes, I saw a bit of the Actor's Studio with Jeff Daniels (I wish I saw the whole thing, he's an interesting guy) and someone from the audience asked him about the Meisner Technique. I think Jeff may be an adherent of this approach because his main advice was to get out of your head and act instinctively, and that's basically the definition:

The focus of the Meisner approach is for the actor to "get out of their head," such as that the actor is behaving instinctively to the surrounding environment.

buffyfan145
05-18-2016, 11:03 AM
That was really awesome finding that out. I've always been interested in acting, but more from a writer's perspective and how they interpret what the writer wrote for them to act.

I saw one of my fav alt-rock groups Haim performed new songs last night at their concert and it reminded me of how not only did they get influenced by the Eagles for their song "The Wire" (sounds a bit like "Heartache Tonight" at times) but I remembered the lyrics to their song "If I Could Change You Mind" references "Lyin' Eyes" and I still think it could almost be a somewhat response song from the female character's POV. This is the chorus, but the whole song could work.

"But if I was to say I regret it would it change a thing?
Cause every time I think, think about it
Memories take me back to all of our wildest times

If I could change you mind
I would hit the ground running
It took time to realize
And I never saw it coming
Forgive my Lyin' Eyes
Gonna give you all or nothing
If I could change your mind
I could make you, make you mine"

Plus, hearing their new songs in the YT vids I saw it sounds like they're sticking with an 80s rock sound similar to Glenn & Don's solo songs, and some of the tracks on Haim's first album (which I loved). I know I've read they were hugely influenced by the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac as like myself their parents were fans, and they used to perform a lot of covers as their parents used to be part of their band when they were young (their dad the drummer, mom the keyboard player). So I just got even more excited about their 2nd album. :D

NOLA
05-18-2016, 04:33 PM
Stopped for gas at an Exxon station, and the fuel tanker on spot was emblazoned with the word "Eagle" and accompanying graphic.

Freypower
05-18-2016, 06:36 PM
Sweatshirt from redbubble.com:

http://www.redbubble.com/people/wolfandbird/works/16709622-witchy-woman?grid_pos=75&p=t-shirt&ref=shop_grid&style=pullover

buffyfan145
05-20-2016, 10:04 AM
The two actors I think could play Glenn & Joe, Colin O'Donoghue and Scott Michael Foster have been hanging out in California and posting great pics of their adventures on their social media pages. :D It's making me both happy as I love Colin & Scott's friendship (which is part of why I pictured them as Glenn & Joe besides their resemblances) and their hilarious posts, but also sad since how Joe's been recently talking about Glenn and how much he misses him.

Also on a weird related note Colin retweeted on Twitter something from Scott Porter earlier this week, the actor I fancasted as Randy, and I had no idea they knew each other. LOL :eek:

buffyfan145
05-24-2016, 07:49 PM
Hope it's ok for me to make a new post as something really great got announced today in my city Columbus and they're proposing to rename our airport Port Columbus after the astronaut John Glenn. It's pretty much a lock to be renamed it as on the news everyone is supportive of it and John's a huge part of Columbus, Ohio State, and my city's history. Plus, I love astronomy and remember watching John go back into space in his 70s in school. Thing is if/when it is renamed a lot will probably refer to our airport as Glenn International Airport, which of course makes me think of both John and Glenn. :)

zeldabjr
05-24-2016, 08:24 PM
something I just thought of...my insurance agency is named The Glenn Agency...no wonder I like them! don't know why this never popped into my head before as an Eagles reminder...duh...

Glennsallnighter
05-25-2016, 11:00 AM
We got our mortgages from a guy called 'The Loan Arranger'.

SoaringRockyMountainWay
05-25-2016, 12:53 PM
For art class I had to make a 3D room dedicated to an artist. We were supposed to do one for like a painting artist but the teacher let me do one for Joe. When I was done with it, I had to present it to the class with information about the artist and the class had to take notes. As I gave my speech, the class seemed kinda annoyed because they refuse to listen to classic rock because it's "old" and "only current songs are good." But the ironic thing is, they had to learn about classic rock because the artist information was on the art exam. So Joe Walsh was on everyone's art exam. At least I know I got the questions about him right!

AlreadyGone95
05-27-2016, 01:11 AM
That's pretty cool, SRMW.

I thought of Timothy yesterday while watching NBC nightly news. In one of the segments, the was a guy being interviewed whose last name was Schmit, though I'm not sure if his name had the "d" or not.

buffyfan145
05-30-2016, 10:08 AM
I don't watch "Game of Thrones" (or read the books), but I have a lot of friends that do and it gets so much media coverage, and last night they brought back the House of Frey as another character some thought died 2 seasons ago didn't and has been held prisoner by the Freys this whole time. So that just threw me off this morning since I didn't know there were characters with that last name on it. LOL :)

Freypower
05-30-2016, 05:40 PM
I don't watch "Game of Thrones" (or read the books), but I have a lot of friends that do and it gets so much media coverage, and last night they brought back the House of Frey as another character some thought died 2 seasons ago didn't and has been held prisoner by the Freys this whole time. So that just threw me off this morning since I didn't know there were characters with that last name on it. LOL :)

They are very unpleasant characters & the name is pronounced 'Fray'.

buffyfan145
05-30-2016, 08:35 PM
They are very unpleasant characters & the name is pronounced 'Fray'.

I did see about that but again I'm not a fan so I didn't know the pronunciation.

AlreadyGone95
05-30-2016, 11:35 PM
I saw a brand of charcoal at Walmart called Royal Oak.

UndertheWire
06-02-2016, 12:24 PM
I came across baking paper called "Bake it Easy".
http://img.tesco.com/Groceries/pi/976/5054268839976/IDShot_540x540.jpg

Anna-M.
06-02-2016, 02:57 PM
That's certainly a great title! :)

buffyfan145
06-03-2016, 04:28 PM
That AMC docudrama series I'm planning on watching and posted about earlier "The American West" posted some preview promotional pics and one was of the Longbranch Saloon in Dodge City where a lot of the gunslingers and outlaws used to go. Made me wonder if that was inspiration for Glenn and J.D.'s band's name. I'll keep an eye and ear out for any Eagles or Doolin-Dalton related stories in the series too as it will focus on various tales of the Old West.

AlreadyGone95
06-07-2016, 11:31 AM
One of the stories that is required reading for me is "The Ballad of the Sad Café" by Carson McCullers.

AlreadyGone95
06-17-2016, 01:48 AM
During one of my classes yesterday (the college 101 type class). I had to watch a video of different clips of Will Smith discussing his childhood and how he got his work ethic. One of the clips was from an episode of Tavis Smiley, which reminded me of the 2 episodes Glenn did.

Eagles7
06-18-2016, 02:55 AM
Everybody is wearing aviator frame sunglasses again, and they make me think of the Eagles cause they are all wearing them in pictures you see.

buffyfan145
06-18-2016, 08:55 PM
One of my favorite baseball players Tim Lincecum made his debut back today after being out for almost a year with his new team the Los Angeles Angels and not only did they win he also was able to still keep his jersey number 55. I posted before how his number now reminds me of "Ol' 55" and I'm so happy to see him back. :D He also seems to be growing his long hair back. LOL

shunlvswx
06-27-2016, 09:13 PM
I was on my Facebook and this video popped up on my newsfeed. I thought it was soo cute.

If you have heard of General Hospital or use to watch it, Rick Hearst played Ric Lansing, Sonny Corinthos' half brother.

Rick's got good taste. LOL

https://www.facebook.com/richardcherbst/posts/1107607462615543

06-27-2016, 10:19 PM
Thanks for that, shun. And ITA that he has good taste!

GlennLover
06-29-2016, 11:55 AM
I was on my Facebook and this video popped up on my newsfeed. I thought it was soo cute.

If you have heard of General Hospital or use to watch it, Rick Hearst played Ric Lansing, Sonny Corinthos' half brother.

Rick's got good taste. LOL

https://www.facebook.com/richardcherbst/posts/1107607462615543

One of the comments below the picture, by Robby Robinson:
Champ...Worked with Glenn Fry on a series called "South Of Sunset" out of Paramount STUDIOS. Never got off the ground. Glenn was GREAT to work with.

Jonny Come Lately
07-01-2016, 09:18 AM
Just been watching the practice sessions for this weekend's F1 race, the Austrian Grand Prix. The circuit is owned by Red Bull, but unfortunately for them the Red Bull Racing team rarely do well on their 'home' track as it doesn't suit their current car and they probably need inclement weather to have any realistic chance of success. To this end, the commentators observed that Red Bull were 'Praying for rain'. :smile:

AlreadyGone95
07-02-2016, 07:45 AM
Yesterday, I went to a Walmart that I very rarely go to. I decided to look at the CDs they had. There must have been 50+ copies of LROOE. I was tempted to buy one of them, even though I already own a copy.

AlreadyGone95
07-03-2016, 10:42 AM
Saw this on one of my Facebook groups.

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a552/kim_dixon2/FB_IMG_1467556330016_zpsbqgcdj8u.jpg (http://s1283.photobucket.com/user/kim_dixon2/media/FB_IMG_1467556330016_zpsbqgcdj8u.jpg.html)

NightMistBlue
07-03-2016, 01:03 PM
Yesterday I was doing some volunteer work planting trees for the National Park Service. As we were standing on the docks, waiting for the boat to take us back to the mainland, I noticed a Garmin yacht, same make as the boat the Eagles were photographed on in 1975 for the Rolling Stone cover photo. Sadly, there was no Randy lookalike onboard :-(

LuvTim
07-03-2016, 03:16 PM
Yesterday I was doing some volunteer work planting trees for the National Park Service. As we were standing on the docks, waiting for the boat to take us back to the mainland, I noticed a Garmin yacht, same make as the boat the Eagles were photographed on in 1975 for the Rolling Stone cover photo. Sadly, there was no Randy lookalike onboard :-(

Good job! :-D / So sad. :-(

NightMistBlue
07-03-2016, 07:09 PM
I'll keep looking :-)

buffyfan145
07-04-2016, 10:22 AM
Kim that's awesome and NMB that's awesome but also sad. LOL

Last night while seeing Old Dominion they finally did what I have been hoping they would do in concert and they switched of who sang lead on various songs!!! :D The band is a current popular country-rock band with 5 members and three of them (Matthew, Trevor, and Brad) were songwriters for other popular country artists over the years and decided to form their own band. They reminded me of the Eagles when I first heard them and got their recent album last year, and the fact that my parents like them too. Then they did a tribute to Glenn after he passed away and performed "Peaceful Easy Feeling" with the harmony parts as he and the Eagles were a big influence on them.

Matthew is normally the lead singer but Trevor and Brad took lead vocals over in different songs last night, including their versions of songs they wrote for other artists. Brad has a really high vocal register too (my Mom's convinced he's related to the Osmonds not just by that but how he looks LOL) and is their lead guitarist. In their cover of "PEF" he sang Randy's part. Trevor, who happens to be my favorite in the band, is their piano player and plays acoustic guitar sometimes too and I found out last night during the concert he wrote Blake Shelton's "Sangria" song which I personally love!!! :D Loved getting to hear Trevor's/Old Dominion's version as they added in harmonies that aren't on Blake's version. That "Sangria" song weirdly always made me think of "Tequila Sunrise" so I find it funny that Trevor/Old Dominion wrote it.

I'm also hoping too on their next album they'll let Trevor and Brad sing lead because they are really good singers/writers too.