PDA

View Full Version : Any of you been to the 'third encore'?

OutlawManNJ
07-06-2016, 09:51 AM
Have any of you ever been invited or gone to the third encore? You hear alot about it but never from someone that was there.

Brooke
07-06-2016, 10:13 AM
Haha! Only in my dreams, OM! :wink:

I did go to a concert in 76, but was in nosebleed! I guess the guys didn't make it up that far when handing out the buttons!

Funk 50
07-06-2016, 02:25 PM
UK DJ Nicky Horne has attended a 3rd Encore party. When he met up with Glenn to talk about Strange Weather in 1992, he commented about what great shape Glenn was in compared to the last time he saw him :)

Nicky was genuinely stunned. Similar story when he met up with sober Joe too, of course.

NightMistBlue
07-06-2016, 04:05 PM
There used to be a web site called Groupie Central. This was about... oh 10, 15 years ago. It was not a flashy, high-gloss site - quite the opposite - but there were many, many postings from women, and a few men, who had been with various musicians from back in the 70s until the present day. It was everyone you could think of and several you wouldn't have thought of (hello, Leo Sayer). I'm sure the Eagles would have been discussed in detail, but I wasn't a superfan back then and didn't read about them.

LuvTim
07-07-2016, 04:19 PM
There used to be a web site called Groupie Central. This was about... oh 10, 15 years ago. It was not a flashy, high-gloss site - quite the opposite - but there were many, many postings from women, and a few men, who had been with various musicians from back in the 70s until the present day. It was everyone you could think of and several you wouldn't have thought of (hello, Leo Sayer). I'm sure the Eagles would have been discussed in detail, but I wasn't a superfan back then and didn't read about them.

Rats! I want to know everything that you didn't read! Lol!

NightMistBlue
07-07-2016, 04:28 PM
There's always the tawdry tales about Don H. and Glenn in "You'll Never Make Love in This Town Again" :)

sodascouts
07-08-2016, 04:11 AM
Maybe you'd get better results with some industrious Googling, OMNJ. No one has ever posted here about attending 3E. Of course, if anyone has been holding back, feel free to share!

Ive always been a dreamer
07-09-2016, 12:49 PM
Yep - I know two women that were recipients of a 3E button and neither is comfortable sharing their story publicly. Therefore, that eliminates me since I would probably share it with everyone. :grin:

And as far as the 'hooker book' that NMB mentioned, one of the chapters is "simply the best". :wink: