PDA

View Full Version : Glenn's daughter, Taylor guest starred on tonight's episode of Roadies

shunlvswx
07-10-2016, 11:15 PM
I just saw this on facebook.

If you have Showtime, Glenn's daughter Taylor is on this week's episode of Roadies. Also Lindsey is in this episode too. The episode is called The Bryce Newman Letter. Her character name is Cassie. She's the love interest of Luke Wilson's character.

That was a surprised. I usually record this show, but I probably wouldn't had known that was Taylor when I was watching.

I saw the debut of the character Preston. I could definitely see Glenn in this role. The character wasn't on tonight's episode that much. One scene and that was it. Now Lindsey had a lot of air time.

Here's a post from Twitter.

Roadies ‏@SHO_Roadies (https://twitter.com/SHO_Roadies) 54m54 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/SHO_Roadies/status/752323704340615168) #FunFact (https://twitter.com/hashtag/FunFact?src=hash): Cassie is played by the daughter of the late Glenn Frey. #SHORoadies (https://twitter.com/hashtag/SHORoadies?src=hash) #Eagles (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Eagles?src=hash)

https://twitter.com/SHO_Roadies/status/752323704340615168

UndertheWire
07-11-2016, 05:13 AM
I've just watched it and I'm not sure what to say. I wish I hadn't known who it was before I watched because then I could have seen it without thoughts of "Does she look like her mother or her father?"

She acquitted herself well - warm and natural - and doesn't come across as awkward stunt-casting. It seems wrong to be so focused on how she looks, but this wasn't a part that allowed for range of acting. I was looking forward to seeing more of her later in the show, in part, to see if the camera loves her. That's because lookwise she's not a conventional "pretty girl", she's more interesting than that. She has a great smile, like her mother, but the angles of her face show something of her father. I wanted to see if it worked on screen.

It's a cable show and Taylor provide this week's nudity quotient. It's tastefully shot.

"Preston" makes his second brief appearance. It's a part Glenn could have played but a bit "meh" without that frission of it being a cameo by a big name. Glenn would have done more for the part than the part would have done for him.

buffyfan145
07-11-2016, 10:08 AM
OMG Cassie was Taylor!!!! :o I had no idea that was her. I actually really liked her character and kept thinking the actress playing her looked familiar but I thought it was an actress I've seen on another TV show/movie. She did really well (especially since I thought it was an actress I'd seen before) and I liked her scenes with Luke Wilson, and especially at the end of the episode because it felt somewhat like that iconic scene from Cameron's "Say Anything". LOL

Lindsey did really great too in his scenes. I've been having issues with the show as it wasn't living up to my expectations with me loving most of Cameron's films, but last night's wasn't too bad. I do like Luke, Carla, Imogen, and Rafe in the cast but still don't think it's enough for me to keep watching. I agree I could've seen Glenn as Preston too.

shunlvswx
07-11-2016, 10:58 AM
I've been watching this show since it started, but I don't remember the character Cassie. So I have to go back to watch the other two episodes. Like I said. If I didn't see the post about Taylor being in last night's episode, I wouldn't had known that was her. I had recorded last night's episode and I was going to watch it later like I've been doing the other episodes. I end up watching the episode once it ended.

As who she looks like. No doubt about it she looks like Cindy. I always loved her eyes. They are soo pretty.

Lindsey did a great job. He was soo funny. He really did have a lot of scenes. I didn't expect him in a lot of scenes. I didn't know Lindsey was so short. How tall is he?

But yesterday's episode I really liked. They had me laughing especially Bryce Newman. I agree. I'm not really enjoying the show. Its kinda boring, but I can't stop watching it. :hilarious:

NightMistBlue
07-11-2016, 12:00 PM
I think Lindsey's official height is 5'10"

AlreadyGone95
07-11-2016, 01:27 PM
I don't suppose that this episode is or will be available for free viewing online? I don't have any cable or satellite. I have the 6 month trial version of Amazon Student Prime, but it doesn't include Amazon Prime Video.

sodascouts
07-11-2016, 01:36 PM
Is Taylor in all three episodes? I was only planning on obtaining the third one for Lindsey but if she is, I'll get them all.

ETA: IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm8021920/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t19) only lists her as appearing on this one, but I'll take the word of those who've seen it over that.

UndertheWire
07-11-2016, 01:46 PM
Just episode 3.

buffyfan145
07-11-2016, 04:04 PM
So far she's only been in episode 3. I can't remember if Cassie might've been mentioned though in the first two episodes as it seems like Luke's character Bill and her have been on/off for the past couple years. She could appear later in the season as it seemed like with her final scene it could be hinting at more since Imogen's character Kelly Ann encouraged Bill to try to continue things with Cassie, and whomever is updating IMDB is only doing it close to when each episode airs or the day after.

It might eventually be on DVD or Netflix. They've done that with Showtime shows in the past. Of course it also depends if it gets renewed or not, but do know the ratings aren't that good.

UndertheWire
07-11-2016, 05:06 PM
Showtime are offering a free 7-day subscription through Amazon.com (probably US only).

https://www.amazon.com/Roadies-Life-is-a-Carnival/dp/B01GW8GFT8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1468267149&sr=8-1&keywords=roadies

shunlvswx
07-11-2016, 05:18 PM
It was nice to see Taylor in there. I guess Taylor got bitten by the acting bug. Looking on IMDB, she starred in two other things, but of course. It looked like small parts.

She wasn't bad. I just wish she had more scenes.

RudieCantFail
07-11-2016, 06:10 PM
Well, you can watch it on Putlocker.is, but you need to install an adblocker on your internet browser to access it. You can use it w/o one, but it's annoying b/c there are pop-ups every time you press play/pause or skip to a different part. I've been using the website for over a year now on occasion and I haven't run into any problems w/ my PC while using an adblocker. Also, as you can tell by its nature, it's not the most legal website, but it hasn't been shut down yet. I like it better than torrents as long as you use an Adblocker. Honestly, I just use it if I'm too lazy to drive to my local library for movies. I only have Netflix by mail, not the streaming.

shunlvswx
07-11-2016, 06:56 PM
I'm re-watching the episode. For those who saw the episode, did anybody notice Preston brought up Irving's name? I don't know how I missed that.

buffyfan145
07-11-2016, 09:11 PM
I totally missed that about Irving too. LOL I did notice too that during Bill and Cassie's text messages/her seeing him through the window at the end Bill gave her a nickname and it brought to mind how Cameron himself has talked about how Glenn was always giving people nicknames.

I checked out her IMDB page too and that's interesting she had an extra role in Cate Blanchet's film "Carol" as that was up for some Oscars back in February. It'll be interesting to see if Taylor sticks with it as I thought she was good.

Ive always been a dreamer
07-11-2016, 09:32 PM
:hmm: - I gonna have to figure out how to see this. I may just check out the Showtime trial offer, but I don't want it past the trial so I'll have to make sure I can cancel after the trial period.

And thanks everyone for your comments - they convinced me that I definitely need to see this.

shunlvswx
07-11-2016, 09:38 PM
IABAD. I've been watching this show since the beginning. I think this was the best episode of the three. I found the other episodes kinda boring, but I doubt I will stop watching it.

GlennLover
07-11-2016, 11:31 PM
Taylor studied drama at NYU.

Brooke
07-12-2016, 09:27 AM
I would like to see it too, but don't have Showtime. Boo!

buffyfan145
07-12-2016, 10:07 AM
I think I am going to stick with it now and mostly because I'm curious if Taylor is going to come back but also became I'm shipping Imogene and Rafe's characters so I want to see where that goes. LOL I'm a huge TV watcher anyway so I've been wondering where Cameron is going to take Luke & Carla's characters since it's been hinted that there is something going on between them even if they don't realize it. It's another reason I think Taylor's character Cassie might be back since they did cast Carla's character's husband who will appear later this season and obviously they are going for a love triangle/quadrangle if they do bring back Cassie and she's the only one we've seen so far that Luke's character Bill has actual feelings for. But that's the writer talking in me as that's what I would do. LOL :)

Dawn
07-18-2016, 11:35 AM
Here is a short clip from the episode don't know who the girl is in the glasses perhaps someone who watched the whole show can help us out

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YDrVhh1DGDA

shunlvswx
07-18-2016, 11:42 AM
She's the band's craze fan. Stalker. She suppose to not get into the building, but she seem to always find a way to get in especially backstage.

UndertheWire
07-18-2016, 11:49 AM
The girl with glasses is a stalker and a recurrent character.

I'm not sure of the purpose of the Cassie character, other than possibly a source of friction between the Nill and Shelli (tour and production manager respectively) in their will-they-won't-they non-romance.

Dawn
07-18-2016, 12:10 PM
Thanks!! I was wondering if that was a recurring role I think the show looks really interesting going to see if I can subscribe to Showtime! I think Taylor probably had a blast being cast in the show I wonder if we will see more of her.