View Full Version : Eagles Quiz. I Shoud have done better!

OutlawManNJ
07-19-2016, 03:41 PM
http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/eagles-band-quiz.htm?mkcpgn=6045405633164&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=hswaccount

I think I got 3 or 4 wrong :( goofed on a few ... answered too quickly. I bet some of you will get them all right.

WS82Classics
07-19-2016, 04:42 PM
Nailed 29 out of 30.

Only one I missed was regarding the debut position of HFO upon release.

Ive always been a dreamer
07-19-2016, 06:33 PM
I got 29 out of 30, but I believe there was an error in the question I missed. It read as follows:

How many Grammy awards have the Eagles won?

Three
Five
Seven

As far as I know, the Eagles won six Grammy - Lyin' Eyes, Hotel California, New Kid In Town, Heartache Tonight, How Long, and I Dreamed There Was No War.

I chose 'Seven' and according to the quiz, the correct answer is 'Five. I don't think so.

I also thought another one of the questions was a little misleading. It said ...

True or false: The four original Eagles originally formed as Linda Ronstadt's backup band.

I went ahead and chose 'True' since I figured that is the answer they were looking for, but I think the wording is confusing. The four original Eagles played together with Linda Ronstadt on one or two (?) occasions, but I don't believe they were ever all a part of Linda's backup band at the same time.

sodascouts
07-19-2016, 08:24 PM
Same here Dreamer! I rounded up to 7 and got it "wrong" too. Hmmmph. This quiz was made by an amateur!

WalshFan88
07-20-2016, 05:39 PM
30/30!

Woohoo.

WalshFan88
07-20-2016, 05:41 PM
The Grammy one threw me for a loop for second, but I thought they just were awarded one at the Grammy tribute for Hotel California as a late acception so I went with five instead of six, and that was it. I agree it is wrong though.

On the Linda question I just read "Linda Rondstadt's backing band" and said yes cuz I knew that had to be what they were talking about but I forgot it did say 4 people.

FWIW
07-20-2016, 06:19 PM
I didn't post my score earlier, but I got the same 29/30 as Dreamer and Soda. My logic for the 2 questionable questions was exactly the same as Dreamer. My guess is "I Dreamed There Was No War" was omitted from the Grammy count.

chaim
07-20-2016, 10:21 PM
Whenever these things are about the music, I do well. But I have no idea (and I don't think there's any point in knowing such details) whether a documentary was released in 2012 or 2013! Unless it's somehow connected to another event in the same year, they are the same to me.

Anyway, I got 26/30.

Funk 50
07-21-2016, 06:05 AM
Same here Chaim. I'm pleased with a score of 26/30.
I don't remember stuff indiscriminately, I just try to remember the relavant stuff.
I enjoyed answering the quiz thanks for posting the link OutlawManNJ.
Congrats to all those who got 29 and 30 :applause:

Annoying Twit
07-21-2016, 07:24 AM
I did much better on a second run through after a few days :)

Jonny Come Lately
07-21-2016, 03:01 PM
I got 29/30 - the only one I got wrong was the Grammys question. I must admit I'm kind of annoyed I slipped up on that one, although I'm in good company! I pretty much agree with everyone else's comments about this question. I also agree about the Linda Ronstadt question, although it was reasonably clear what the answer was supposed to be. By contrast, I think the documentary question was a bit mean as it hinged on one small detail and my commiserations go to people like Toni who wouldn't necessarily have known that.

The quiz on the whole was decent I thought, aside from the couple of questions that have mentioned, although I think I'd perhaps have liked a couple of more detailed 'song' questions (something like 'Which member wrote Most Of Us Are Sad?', for example)

AlreadyGone95
07-21-2016, 06:20 PM
I 29/30. For some reason, I thought On The Border was their first platinum album.

shunlvswx
07-21-2016, 10:34 PM
I got 29/30 too. I think the question AG got wrong is what I missed too.

DJ
07-22-2016, 06:59 PM
29/30 Missed Grammy Question. Wiki Says They Won 6 Grammys????

DJ
07-22-2016, 07:01 PM
I got 29 out of 30, but I believe there was an error in the question I missed. It read as follows:

How many Grammy awards have the Eagles won?

Three
Five
Seven

As far as I know, the Eagles won six Grammy - Lyin' Eyes, Hotel California, New Kid In Town, Heartache Tonight, How Long, and I Dreamed There Was No War.

I chose 'Seven' and according to the quiz, the correct answer is 'Five. I don't think so.

I also thought another one of the questions was a little misleading. It said ...

True or false: The four original Eagles originally formed as Linda Ronstadt's backup band.

I went ahead and chose 'True' since I figured that is the answer they were looking for, but I think the wording is confusing. The four original Eagles played together with Linda Ronstadt on one or two (?) occasions, but I don't believe they were ever all a part of Linda's backup band at the same time.

As I recall reading, the Original 4 played with Linda at her Disneyland Gig and that's the only time. Glenn and Don were in her backup band.......