PDA

View Full Version : RIP Gene Wilder

FWIW
08-29-2016, 04:05 PM
Gene Wilder died on 8/29/2016 at the age of 83. He starred in many comedy films, but my very favorite is Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

RIP Gene.

buffyfan145
08-29-2016, 04:08 PM
RIP Gene Wilder. :( He's another I loved my entire life and this year has just been so sad. I loved his movies, especially "Willy Wonka", "Young Frankenstein", and his movies with Richard Pryor. He's back with Gilda Radner now.

LuvTim
08-29-2016, 04:43 PM
RIP, Gene Wilder.
Sad.

AlreadyGone95
08-29-2016, 04:58 PM
RIP, Gene. My favorite movie starring him is probably Blazing Saddles, but Willy Works, Young Frankenstein, and Stir Crazy are also great.

WalshFan88
08-29-2016, 05:23 PM
RIP. Willy Wonka is a classic. I was so mad when they did Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with Johnny Depp. What. A. Disaster. It really was horrible. None of the mystery or the magic of the real deal. Johnny Depp is a horrible main actor, IMO.

VillageGirl
08-29-2016, 08:23 PM
May he RIP. Loved him in the Mel Brooks' films and as Willy Wonka. What a talented actor. He and Clevon Little always crack me up in Blazing Saddles. Hopefully they are having just as much fun in Heaven as they supposedly did on the set of the movie. Bless you Gene Wilder

SilverAcidRayne
08-29-2016, 08:48 PM
i'm so gutted.

The Waco Kid was my favorite... he will be missed.

sodascouts
08-29-2016, 09:27 PM
When I was a child, I was captivated by him in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I especially loved this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2pt2-F2j2g

Want to change the world? There's nothing to it.

RIP, Gene.

WS82Classics
08-29-2016, 09:46 PM
Always loved both versions of the 'Chocolate Factory' movie. His roles in "Bonnie & Clyde," "Blazing Saddles," and "Stir Crazy" gave those films a necessary, defining comic edge. He could make any movie better with his presence--Not something you can say about most actors any more.

RIP.

(ETA: Worthy quotation from Mr. Wilder)

http://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-if-you-re-not-gonna-tell-the-truth-then-why-start-talking-gene-wilder-34-37-83.jpg

Witchy Woman
08-29-2016, 10:44 PM
Very sad. Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory is my all time favorite movie. And I love Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles, and damn near everything else he's done. RIP, Good Sir.

Brooke
08-30-2016, 09:26 AM
RIP Gene Wilder. A truly funny man!

shunlvswx
08-30-2016, 09:36 AM
I loved Gene as Willy Wonka. I took out my Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory to watch last night. I haven't watched the movie since early this year.

I also loved him in The Woman In Red(with Gilda. Even though she kinda had a small role), Haunted Honeymoon, and See No Evil, Hear No Evil. He and Richard Pryor were so funny together.

RIP Gene. He's with Gilda now.

AlreadyGone95
08-30-2016, 12:50 PM
Today is national Frankenstein day. (It seems like everyday is national something here.) Anyway, my school is showing 2 movies in honor of today. One of the movies is Young Frankenstein. I'm glad they've chosen this movie to show. Unfortunately, I won't be able to see all it, as it begins at 1 pm, and my American Government class starts at 2pm, but I plan to watch some of it.

thelastresort
08-30-2016, 02:27 PM
Blazing Saddles is my favourite film ever. He had a wonderful chemistry with Cleavon Little in that film and even when playing a drunken gunslinger he still had such a warmth to what he did. Like every other child since the late 1960s I've also seen him in the original Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory and loved him in that too. RIP Mr. Wilder, you shall forever have me crying with laughter at the Waco Kid's shooting hand. Rest well sir.

Delilah
08-30-2016, 04:20 PM
RIP Gene Wilder