PDA

View Full Version : "The Long Run" Survivor Game Coming September 24th

Ive always been a dreamer
09-17-2016, 10:09 PM
Almost time for our next Survivor game, folks! It starts one week from today, Saturday, Sept. 24. - it's the anniversary of The Long Run so this will be our featured album for this game.

Since both Soda and I will be traveling from Winslow, AZ to Nashville that evening, this one will be a little different in that it probably will not start at the normal 8:00 p.m. EST. But, not to worry - we will start the game some time that day when we get a chance and everyone will be able to begin voting at that time. However, going forward, we will continue to close out each round at 8:00 p.m. EST.

So start listening to those songs and get ready!

sodascouts
09-17-2016, 11:28 PM
This is an album that really divides people. Should be interesting!

Annoying Twit
09-18-2016, 03:28 AM
Yay!

"The Disco Stranlgler" - we're coming for ya!

WS82Classics
09-18-2016, 04:30 PM
This is my second favourite Eagles album, after "One of These Nights"--Contains both my favourite song and least favourite song by the band. There's also not a single over-rated/over-played(to my reckoning, at least) hit song in the bunch, so any 'negative' commentary you hear from me will be confined to the song I vote to remove first.

I've given this one several spins in my car recently, so I don't have as much need to polish up on the album. Looking forward to this! :-)

WalshFan88
09-18-2016, 04:35 PM
OMG, I've been listening to this album a lot lately thinking about how underrated it really is and how many great songs are on it.

Should be fun!

Freypower
09-18-2016, 06:15 PM
I was overseas when the previous TLR Survivor was played (2010 ) so it should be fun.

Brooke
09-19-2016, 10:44 AM
Sounds good!

Jonny Come Lately
09-19-2016, 01:20 PM
Looking forward to this one! I think it will be a fun and competitive game. I intend to listen to the full record before we start playing - I won't be able to get around this until Wednesday at the earliest, but I think I will need to for this game (not that I need the excuse to listen of course!) especially with the later stages in mind.

GlennLover
09-20-2016, 12:43 AM
I'll see if I can make it through Disco Strangler in preparation for the game. As is the case with WS82C, two of my favourite songs (not just favourite Eagles songs) are on this album.

AlreadyGone95
09-22-2016, 02:50 AM
I'll try to give this album a few listens after class tomorrow. It's probably my fourth favorite album. Only 1 of my top 10 Eagles songs is on this album, so it should be an interesting ranking for me to do.