PDA

View Full Version : Marking Glenn's Birthday

Glennsallnighter
11-05-2016, 07:40 PM
I get the impression many of us want to mark Glenn :heart:'s first birthday since he left us earlier this year. Lots of people are having their own private commemorations of Glenn :heart: over this weekend, and I know his birthday is being celebrated by many.

So for my part I do believe in an after life and I do believe that Glenn :heart: is there, ready to have a great party!

Heres to life, heres to love, heres to you Glenn :heart:

Have a wonderful first birthday away from home (as we put it here)

And as I always tried to make him a birthday collage why should I break the habit this year of all years

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/Glenn%20Bday%20collage.jpg (http://s161.photobucket.com/user/Irisheaglesfan/media/Glenn%20Bday%20collage.jpg.html)

Glenn :heart: Frey - :iloveyou:. Always :inlove:

GlennLover
11-05-2016, 10:50 PM
Thank you for that, GA.

LuvTim
11-06-2016, 12:46 AM
That's just lovely, GA. We're all thinking of Glenn with love.

Houston Baby
11-06-2016, 01:29 AM
That is perfect GA! I hope your collage tradition continues.

LovinGlennGirl
11-06-2016, 06:27 AM
Thank you

UndertheWire
11-06-2016, 07:44 AM
I'm celebrating seeing the band for the first time on Glenn's 65th birthday and I'm also going to celebrate Glenn's arrival 68 years ago.

Houston Baby
11-06-2016, 10:03 AM
Wonderful memories UTW! A good way to remember Glenn.

buffyfan145
11-06-2016, 10:05 AM
Happy Birthday Glenn!!! :birthday: We all miss you very much and sending thoughts and prayers for your family, friends, and fellow Eagles today. :heart:

Love the collage GA!!! :D Will for sure be listening to Glenn today too.

DivineDon
11-06-2016, 10:14 AM
Nice tribute GA.

Poor Glenn - thinking of his family and friends today and of course his fans.:grouphug:

Jonny Come Lately
11-06-2016, 10:58 AM
This morning I decided to mark what would have been Glenn's 68th birthday by listening to disc two of Long Road Out Of Eden, partly so I could hear It's Your World Now.

Nearly ten months on, it still feels strange that he's not around. For me personally, by this stage it feels normal enough watching Eagles performances from the 1970s, especially when Glenn isn't singing lead. But if I then watch a more recent video, even going back to the 1990s HFO tour but especially on the HOTE tour. For example, I also watched a video of Witchy Woman from the last tour and it was striking hear him speak about how it came about even though it's not 'his' song, and to think that not only was it just three years ago, but he was still there on stage sharing his stories and banter as well as the music in summer last year. And, as Bob Seger said, it was pretty great that he was still doing what he loved doing - playing music - in the final six months of his life, even though you do wish he could have just stayed a little longer.

L101
11-06-2016, 11:30 AM
Happy Birthday Glenn! Gone way too soon.....
Thinking of Glenn, his family and friends and all his devoted heartbroken fans today :grouphug:

ETA: Love your collage GA

AlreadyGone95
11-06-2016, 02:26 PM
I've been thinking about Glenn off and on all weekend. November is already a somewhat somber month for me because my dad's birthday was November 12th. It's a sad day, but I think that it's better to remember and celebrate Glenn than to mourn him too much.

Happy birthday, Glenn. You are terribly missed. Your music has and will continue to mean so much to millions of people.

GA, that collage is beautiful.

My thoughts are with Glenn’s family and friends and of course, my fellow Eagles and Glenn fans.

sodascouts
11-06-2016, 03:07 PM
Lovely collage. Been thinking of Glenn as well and tonight, as I see Stevie, I'm going to be celebrating him in my heart.

Freypower
11-06-2016, 04:46 PM
We are all thinking of him & his family today.

GA took all the photos in her collage except for the Allnighter cover, obviously.

I only played two songs yesterday - Caroline, No & Flip City. I couldn't deal with anything else. I should have been celebrating that he had been in the world but I couldn't do it.

GlennLover
11-06-2016, 07:52 PM
I still can't listen to It's Your World Now.

shunlvswx
11-06-2016, 09:15 PM
Happy 68th Birthday to Glenn. I'm thinking of Cindy, their children and his bandmates on this day.

Delilah
11-06-2016, 09:31 PM
Happy birthday, Glenn! Though you are no longer with us, your music and legacy remain.

I marked the day by watching the '76 Houston concert --which was exactly 40 years ago! J.D. Souther announced to the audience it was Glenn's birthday, and I thought how cool it was to have that moment captured in time, and how one of the few concert videos from that era just so happened to be on this day.

LuvTim
11-06-2016, 11:20 PM
Happy birthday, Glenn! Though you are no longer with us, your music and legacy remain.

I marked the day by watching the '76 Houston concert --which was exactly 40 years ago! J.D. Souther announced to the audience it was Glenn's birthday, and I thought how cool it was to have that moment captured in time, and how one of the few concert videos from that era just so happened to be on this day.

That's wonderful, D.

Houston Baby
11-06-2016, 11:22 PM
The '76 Houston concert was the 1st of many, many EAGLES concerts for me. But being my first makes it very special plus I was 3rd row right in front of Joe. And we got to sing HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Glenn.

LuvTim
11-06-2016, 11:28 PM
The '76 Houston concert was the 1st of many, many EAGLES concerts for me. But being my first makes it very special plus I was 3rd row right in front of Joe. And we got to sing HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Glenn.

That certainly is a very special memory, HB.

FreyFollower
11-06-2016, 11:53 PM
I woke up at 2am, thinking of Glenn. I looked through photos on GFO, watched HOTE, and got very emotional.
This afternoon I took my 80 yr old mother for a long drive to look at fall leaves. We listened to the "After Hours" cd on repeat. She said she was hoping I would play that one. When I told her it was his birthday, she looked up, waved, and loudly said "Happy Birthday, Glenn!". I couldn't help but picture him grinning broadly. And I was in a puddle again.
Prayers and comfort to all who are missing him today.

Annoying Twit
11-07-2016, 02:32 AM
Nice tribute!

Brooke
11-07-2016, 10:43 AM

How awesome, HB! What a wonderful memory! I saw them on November 23, 1976 in St. Louis, only I was in nosebleed and they looked like ants down on the stage! A memory I'll never forget though, loved it anyway!

I thought of Glenn many times Saturday as I was doing my usual errands. :sad:

FWIW
11-07-2016, 11:42 AM
This weekend was sad on a number of levels. My father passed away recently and I was down in So Cal over the weekend to attend an All Saints Day service at his church. The pastor lit a candle to honor all those who passed away this past year.

When I first heard the date of the service, it threw me a bit because it is also Glenn's birthday. I heard a mention of his birthday on some local radio station right before the deejay played "How Long." That wouldn't have been my choice of songs for a tribute, but it was nice to hear his soothing voice.

shunlvswx
11-07-2016, 11:50 AM
A picture I took in Memphis in August.

http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af341/shunlvswx1/Joe%20in%20Memphis/14054945_10209933439709755_2558180589297327108_n.j pg

NightMistBlue
11-07-2016, 02:32 PM

You were there?! Are you serious! OMG, what a lucky (Houston) baby you are! I thought you were a 20-something for some reason.

Back on topic: I didn't post anything to this thread yesterday, but I wanted to convey that I was thinking of our Borderers who love Glenn so much. And thinking of the Frey family too.

Brooke
11-07-2016, 04:30 PM
I forgot to mention in my post above that I love your collage, Ga. :sad: :heart:

Houston Baby
11-08-2016, 08:57 AM
Thanks NMB (I think):laugh: I haven't seen my 20s in decades!
It is my passion for music, concerts & my favorite musicians that keeps me young. :blueblob:

travlnman2
11-08-2016, 12:58 PM
Thank You Glenn. You are a huge influence on my Acoustic Guitar sound. You were the Master of Acoustic Guitar.I also am trying to model my vocals after you. Nowhere near to comfortable on record

RudieCantFail
11-08-2016, 10:11 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about how your voice sounds while singing, travlnman2. I know that it's scary, since you're putting a vulnerable part of you out there. I don't sing, but I don't like how my voice sounds when I'm recording my voice for a movie review. To get somewhere, you've got to put yourself out there. I hope you get to that stage soon.

I listened to "Take It Easy" on my phone on Monday morning before I went to accounting class. It made me sad, since that voice is no longer with us. On the bright side, it'll be with us forever with all of the recordings he did in his life.

DJ
11-09-2016, 04:23 PM
What great tributes to a great musician and man. Happy Birthday Glenn.
Gone too Soon but Never Forgotten. :sigh: