PDA

View Full Version : Lindsey Buckingham

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Prettymaid
08-28-2012, 09:38 PM
Dang, it was hot in there, though. The man had sweat POURING off of him. He should've taken off that leather jacket he was wearing. Yeah, it looked good, but let's be practical! I haven't seen him sweat like that since the air conditioning fail at Fleetwood Mac's Champaign show in the summer of 2004. (Remember that, PM?)

Boy, do I!!!

I assume you got his sweat all over you!

So cool that he remembered you and spoke to you. When he said, "Don't I know you?", you should have said " Yeah, would you like my autograph?" Lol!

zeldabjr
08-28-2012, 09:39 PM
Well, Glenn would be a lot more fun to hang out with on a desert island. Here's your jacket, Mr. Frey!

Plus, Lindsey is actually an excellent swimmer. He played water polo in high school. He'll be ok. ;)

glad you picked Glenn...The Eagles NEED him!!!

Tiffanny Twisted
08-29-2012, 06:41 AM
Well, Glenn would be a lot more fun to hang out with on a desert island. Here's your jacket, Mr. Frey!

Plus, Lindsey is actually an excellent swimmer. He played water polo in high school. He'll be ok. ;)

love it.....can just imagin you two on a desert island......wow

sodascouts
09-26-2012, 01:48 PM
Lindsey is announcing some more dates. Oddly, though, they're not yet on his official site.

Unfortunately, even the Tennessee dates are not that near me (Knoxville is 6 hours away and Chattanooga is 5), and since they are not on weekends I can't get to them from work in time. Little Rock is actually closest at 2.5 hours away, but it's on a Monday and again I can't get away from work in time to get in line for a good spot (it's general admission). I sure hope he adds a Memphis date! If he can go to freaking Orange, TX like he did on the last leg, he can come to Memphis!

So far, he's announced the following:

Nov. 3: Oklahoma City, OK
Nov. 5: Little Rock, AK
Nov. 7: Chattanooga, TN
Nov. 9: St. Louis, MO
Nov. 11: Asheville, NC
Nov. 12: Knoxville, TN
Nov. 14: Lexington, KY

Tiffanny Twisted
09-26-2012, 06:31 PM
soda

should I light a candle??
tt

sodascouts
09-26-2012, 08:36 PM
Now he's added more, including Nashville. MEMPHIS, Lindsey, I said MEMPHIS!!!

Here are the other new dates:

Nov. 4: Overland Park, KS
Nov. 8: Nashville, TN
Nov. 13: Louisville, KY
Nov. 16: Saugatuck, MI
Nov. 17: Milwaukee, WI
Nov. 18: Madison, WI
Nov. 19: Eau Claire, WI
Nov. 20: Minneapolis, MN

sodascouts
10-10-2012, 11:23 PM
For the gearheads:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-0TzlNQaNc&sns=fb

sodascouts
10-26-2012, 05:20 PM
Lindsey is releasing a recording of one of the shows to iTunes as a digital download!

http://abcnewsradioonline.com/music-news/2012/10/26/lindsey-buckingham-releasing-first-live-solo-acoustic-album.html

It's available Nov. 13.

What a great idea! What with such minimal costs to create and distribute (there wasn't even any post-production, just record the show and put it on iTunes for paid download), this is bound to make some money for him, but it also gives fans who missed his show the opportunity to hear it. Wish our guys would think to do this!

Ive always been a dreamer
10-26-2012, 07:43 PM
That is very cool. It does seem like there is money to be made here, so, hopefully, it will do very well and catch on with other artists. Of course, as we have said many times, the Eagles seem to lag a little behind of internet trends, but they usually eventually get there. :thumbsup:

Prettymaid
10-26-2012, 07:54 PM
Of course, as we have said many times, the Eagles seem to lag a little behind of internet trends, but they usually eventually get there. :thumbsup:

Yep, when Hell Freezes Over! :nahnah:

Islander canuck
03-11-2014, 03:18 AM
Lessons from Lindsey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_P2KO05YZc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCGKFY9NBZY

WalshFan88
03-11-2014, 03:30 AM
Just posted about him on Facebook the other night. Lindsey is VERY underrated in the guitar playing circles. Even more than a vocalist, I think.

His fingerstyle is unique but his phrasing (musical term) and the fact he is lyrical and leaves spaces in his solos says a lot about the kind of player he is. Much like Mike Campbell.

Listen to "Dreams" or "You Make Loving Fun" or any FM song for that matter. The solos are NOT a bunch of notes right after the other. There are pauses and spaces between lines that add to the rhythm but also don't overpower the songs. And his intros and fills are very lyrical and memorable. I've played Gold Dust Woman live more times than I could count and that little intro gets everyones attention.

Sometimes what you DON'T play is as important as what you do. Lindsey, Mike, and even Joe are great examples of lyrical guitarists who know how to contain themselves and not just be selfish or think of a guitar solo as a way to show off how fast you can play, how much you can play, or just the simple self-indulgent "look at me" schtick. Serve the song, not your ego!

In the end, the rhythm section and melody are king when it comes to instruments.

sodascouts
03-11-2014, 11:09 AM
So true. He is one of the greatest. His style is recognizable even to someone like me who doesn't know all the terminology. I love how he can take just a couple of notes and turn them into something amazing, like the solo towards the end of "Don't Stop." Of course, his finger-picking style with electric guitars is unusual and gives him a distinctive ability to add extra nuances to his playing. Check out the end of "Gypsy" for a great example of how his guitar sounds almost like a keyboard! LOVE LOVE LOVE Lindsey Buckingham.

WalshFan88
03-11-2014, 03:26 PM
So true. He is one of the greatest. His style is recognizable even to someone like me who doesn't know all the terminology. I love how he can take just a couple of notes and turn them into something amazing, like the solo towards the end of "Don't Stop." Of course, his finger-picking style with electric guitars is unusual and gives him a distinctive ability to add extra nuances to his playing. Check out the end of "Gypsy" for a great example of how his guitar sounds almost like a keyboard! LOVE LOVE LOVE Lindsey Buckingham.

Don't Stop is another great example. I seriously can't think of any Mac song where he overplays. It's all so finely crafted and it makes the song better rather than going off on tangents.

I like playing lead guitar - a lot. But rhythm guitar is my home and where I feel most comfortable and what I enjoy. It holds the fort down so to speak.

rick endres
03-21-2014, 08:35 AM
I don't think Lindsey owns a guitar pick; he does all of that amazing stuff with fingerstyle playing - like Mark Knopfler, another phenomenal guitarist. I really like and respect that style - it's so expressive. I'm strictly rhythm; I try to play as much as I can without picks. I do a lot of James Taylor/Gordon Lightfoot style fingerpicking tunes, and strum a lot of songs with my fingers. But for really fast strums I fall back on this hybrid thumbpick/flatpick rig I fashioned. You take a standard National or Fred Kelly thumbpick, cut off the blade, and velcro a very light gauge (.38 mm) Dunlop nylon pick to the thumbpick.

If I was 1/10th as good as Lindsey Buckingham, I wouldn't need it!

shunlvswx
03-21-2014, 09:47 AM
Lindsey is an amazing guitarist. I love his playing. I think he's underrated sometimes. He's got an amazing voice too. When I first heard of Fleetwood Mac, I thought Lindsey was a woman. :hilarious: He had an interesting voice. Of course it got a little deeper when he got older, but its still the same.

I was watching the video with Lindsey, and to think about it now. Landslide is just the same note played over and over again until he inverts in the chorus. I just notice that. LOL I was playing Best Of My Love on guitar app and I notice you're just repeating a few notes over and over again just like Landslide and you just a few times during the song.

Freypower
03-21-2014, 06:58 PM
I don't think Lindsey owns a guitar pick; he does all of that amazing stuff with fingerstyle playing - like Mark Knopfler, another phenomenal guitarist. I really like and respect that style - it's so expressive. I'm strictly rhythm; I try to play as much as I can without picks. I do a lot of James Taylor/Gordon Lightfoot style fingerpicking tunes, and strum a lot of songs with my fingers. But for really fast strums I fall back on this hybrid thumbpick/flatpick rig I fashioned. You take a standard National or Fred Kelly thumbpick, cut off the blade, and velcro a very light gauge (.38 mm) Dunlop nylon pick to the thumbpick.

If I was 1/10th as good as Lindsey Buckingham, I wouldn't need it!

Thank you. I nearly mentioned MK, but I thought I should leave it.

I am a particular fan of Lindsey's playing in Never Going Back Again. As for Go Your Own Way it leaves me open mouthed every time I hear it.

AlreadyGone95
11-17-2015, 01:43 AM
I thought that I'd say that I'm a fan of Lindsey's solo work(didn't know this thread existed until I found the Stevie one, so I figuredthat there must be a Lindsey one). I absolutely love Out of the Cradle and Seeds We Sow. I like Gift of Screws. Law and Order and Go Insane haven't aged all that well. I didn't really enjoy Under the Skin a whole lot. It's too mellow and acoustic for me, though I admit it's been awhile since I listened to it. I have both Law and Order and Go Insane on vinyl and Out of the Cradle and Seeds We Sow on cd. I'll never forget my mom buying me Seeds We Sow as an early birthday present the day it came out in 2011. (Nice "sweet 16" gift, imo 8) )

My top 10 Lindsey solo songs:
1. Street of Dreams (I can personally relate to this song)
2. Soul Drifter
3. End of Time
4. In Our Own Time
5. Holiday Road
6. Go Insane (like it better as an acoustic song)
7.Don't Look Down
8. Flying Down Juniper (iirc this is the song where you can hear a young Will(Lindsey's son) say "Dinner, Daddy")
9. Seeds We Sow
10. Rock Away Blind/ Countdown (tie)

sodascouts
11-17-2015, 08:54 PM
You have great taste, Kim!

PS I've lost about 30 pounds since that photo in the OP was taken, not that anyone cares - but it makes me cringe a bit to see it!

AlreadyGone95
11-18-2015, 02:44 AM
You have great taste, Kim!

PS I've lost about 30 pounds since that photo in the OP was taken, not that anyone cares - but it makes me cringe a bit to see it!

Thanks Soda :). I'm the kind of fan who buys the music and can only dream about seeing them live. I've enjoyed reading about your concert experiences. Congrats on the weight loss!

watchtower
11-29-2015, 05:01 AM
Lindsey Buckingham is by far my favorite artist. I saw the Mac in February and he was magnificent! Hoping for a solo tour soon or even another Mac tour.

NightMistBlue
12-08-2015, 12:21 PM
My top 10 Lindsey solo songs:
1. Street of Dreams (I can personally relate to this song)
2. Soul Drifter
3. End of Time
4. In Our Own Time
5. Holiday Road
6. Go Insane (like it better as an acoustic song)
7.Don't Look Down
8. Flying Down Juniper (iirc this is the song where you can hear a young Will(Lindsey's son) say "Dinner, Daddy")
9. Seeds We Sow
10. Rock Away Blind/ Countdown (tie)

Why not Trouble?! That's a gorgeous song - musically, lyrically, every which way.

EDIT: omygawd, I just read Soda's OP. Lindsey is such a flirt! I wonder if Pattie ever recovered :)

AlreadyGone95
12-08-2015, 12:33 PM
Why not Trouble?! That's a gorgeous song - musically, lyrically, every which way.

EDIT: omygawd, I just read Soda's OP. Lindsey is such a flirt! I wonder if Pattie ever recovered :)

Trouble is probably #11. Lindsey has so many great songs that it's impossible to include them all :).

LuvTim
12-08-2015, 12:45 PM
Please excuse my ignorance but what is Soda's OP?

NightMistBlue
12-08-2015, 12:52 PM
Original post: the first one in this thread, the one she thinks she looks fat in but doesn't :)

AlreadyGone95
12-08-2015, 04:03 PM
I just put a hold on the Carol Ann Harris's book, Storms, from my library system. With any luck, within a few weeks, I'll be able to read it. :) (It has to come from north Georgia)

LuvTim
12-08-2015, 04:17 PM
Original post: the first one in this thread, the one she thinks she looks fat in but doesn't :)

Oh, ok, thanks! :-)

sodascouts
12-08-2015, 11:40 PM

I still keep in touch with her and... nope! lol

BTW, I much prefer the acoustic version of "Trouble" to the original recording. You can hear it on his live CDs. That makes my top 10, but the album cut doesn't.

watchtower
12-09-2015, 09:10 PM
Yea, I prefer the live versions of Trouble to the recorded version. I feel that way about most of his music. He is so much better live. Castaway Dreams is another one that is far better live than the recording.

sodascouts
12-10-2015, 12:43 AM
Yea, I prefer the live versions of Trouble to the recorded version. I feel that way about most of his music. He is so much better live. Castaway Dreams is another one that is far better live than the recording.

Agreed! He has an unfortunate tendency to overproduce. Live, it's all raw talent, which he has in spades.

AlreadyGone95
12-10-2015, 01:25 AM
I agree that Lindsey overproduces. One of my pet peeves with him as a solo artist is his overuse (imo) over electronic instruments, particularly electronic drums. It really hinders his 80s albums and dates them.

watchtower
12-10-2015, 04:54 AM
I know, I'm not sure why he does that to his solo albums. He is brilliant when he produces FM. I've always wondered why he feels to layer his own work that much. His Soundstage DVD is one of my faves.

Jonny Come Lately
12-11-2015, 02:24 PM
I've really not delved into any of the Fleetwood Mac members solo work, but I personally feel that the production style used on the Fleetwood Mac and Rumours albums was absolutely perfect for their music, and Lindsey was a big part of that. I really can't emphasise enough how well I think their sound on those records have aged. On Rumours alone, you have the gorgeous and pure acoustic sound of Songbird mixed together with the more lush Don't Stop and the darker, edgier feel of The Chain. I have to admit there's a couple of songs on Tusk that I think are a bit overproduced - mainly Brown Eyes, which I have to admit has always felt like 'overproduction to compensate for lesser material' to my ears, but it's not a serious issue and I feel that it doesn't affect any of the strongest tracks (Sara, I Know I'm Not Wrong, Think About Me etc.).

NightMistBlue
12-14-2015, 10:52 AM
This is just speculation on my part, but Lindsey may consider the production as an important element of the music itself, not "just" in service to the song. He's an admirer of Brian Wilson, who admired Phil Spector, both of whose production credo could be "more is more" not "less is more."

Guys, forgive me, I much prefer the studio version of "Trouble" - the delicate, chiming guitar filigrees, the "ahhhhh" background vocals - it's heavenly.

LuvTim
12-14-2015, 12:40 PM
You know, I had forgotten how much I liked this song. Just went to YouTube to hear the live version again, but couldn't resist playing the recorded version, as well.
I'm not a musician, so I only know what I like, and --guess what?--I really like them both! But if I had to choose just one, I think I'd go with the studio version for the same reasons that NMB stated. Lovely.

AlreadyGone95
12-14-2015, 12:58 PM
I like them both as well. I think that I may like the studio version a bit more.

NightMistBlue
02-24-2016, 05:37 PM
This is an old (2011) but I thought very interesting appreciation of what the author calls Lindsey's "fearful genius". The photo they use is not of Mr. B. but rather Bill Hader's characterization of him on SNL's "What's Up With That" skit:

http://www.mbird.com/2011/09/i-walk-a-thin-line-the-fearful-genius-of-lindsey-buckingham/

P.S. I've never heard of the Young Life thing where Stevie met Lindsey; apparently it's a Christian ministry outreach: https://christianagnostic.wordpress.com/2012/05/04/is-young-life-a-cult/

NightMistBlue
02-24-2016, 06:14 PM
OK, I promise I'll stop after this but I found an interview (from 2011 again, cringe) that I find really interesting - and it puts the lie to the previous blogger's assertion that Lindsey isn't really a "lyrics guy." He talks a great deal about his lyrics here and it's very thought provoking indeed:
https://cinematicpassions.wordpress.com/2011/08/24/seeds-we-sow-an-illuminating-chat-with-lindsey-buckingham/

sodascouts
02-24-2016, 06:15 PM
I love reading about LB. Thanks for the links!

SilverAcidRayne
02-24-2016, 06:34 PM
the most beautiful blue eyes in rock and roll.

and my 3rd husband. he just doesn't know it yet. :rofl:

NightMistBlue
02-24-2016, 06:47 PM
Ha :)

Actually, I really liked how Lindsey spoke about his family life: he seems grateful that love & fatherhood happened for him (relatively late in life) when the odds were not great.

If only it could work that way for women. C'est la vie.

Brooke
02-25-2016, 12:08 PM
Lol, SAR!

This reminds me, we watched a soundstage performance with LB Saturday night. Stevie was a guest. Anyways, I noticed his very curly hair. I wonder if he had to perm it to get that huge afro he had back in the day? We all know Don H denies having one, but I'm pretty certain he did. I'm thinking maybe LB didn't have to perm. Not that it really matters. Just an observation.

What do you all think?

NightMistBlue
02-25-2016, 12:20 PM
It doesn't look like he would need to perm it. He had amazing hair in the 70s.

Does anyone know the name of the coffee company that Lindsey's family supposedly owned? I remember watching something on PBS about the band - I think it was a documentary around the time of "The Dance" - where a disgruntled Mick Fleetwood and John McVie were muttering something about Lindsey being heir to a coffee fortune and not having to work.

shunlvswx
02-25-2016, 12:30 PM
I think unlike Don, I think Lindsey's hair is natural curly(his curly hair never went away after he got it cut) and he probably didn't do that much to it to get that afro look.

Lindsey does have some beautiful blue eyes. What is it with guys who have blue eyes that makes me go ga ga. LOL

AlreadyGone95
02-25-2016, 12:46 PM
:rofl:, SAR!

I've always thought that Lindsey's hair was the real deal. His hair, even when cut super short, appears to be curly.

ETA: love his blue eyes as well. They were one of the first things that I noticed about him when I discovered him several years ago.

NightMistBlue
02-25-2016, 01:11 PM
What is it with guys who have blue eyes that makes me go ga ga. LOL

No wonder the Eagles are your favorite band - all the members (except for sweet Timothy) and ex-members have blue eyes. :)

My, he does have pretty baby blues... http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ML7YIwhVnkA/UNPkzxwUy1I/AAAAAAAAZpQ/gXR9nE7baHM/s1600/Lindsey-PaulMcCartneyshow2.jpg

buffyfan145
02-25-2016, 05:10 PM
Lindsey is another favorite of mine as well!!! :D Again with the dark hair, blue eyes combo that get me too. LOL Lindsey totally has naturally curly hair. I do as well but mine is more wavy and not as tight with the curl, but you can tell his is even when it's short as he has much tighter curls.

sodascouts
02-25-2016, 08:58 PM
Yep, Lindsey's curls are the real deal! This one's from his late teens:

http://www.buckinghamnicks.net/lb/images/LBuckBTWRS02.jpg

I don't know the name of the coffee plant Lindsey's father owned, but his father was not some kind of mammoth in the coffee industry. Their family was upper middle class, but not rich.

Lindsey's father died in 1974, before Lindsey got famous. He never got to see his son shine. In fact, he died at the lowest point in Lindsey's career, right after he and Stevie were dropped from their record company as a result of Buckingham Nicks flopping. I always thought that was a shame.

SilverAcidRayne
02-25-2016, 10:05 PM
Lol, SAR!

This reminds me, we watched a soundstage performance with LB Saturday night. Stevie was a guest. Anyways, I noticed his very curly hair. I wonder if he had to perm it to get that huge afro he had back in the day? We all know Don H denies having one, but I'm pretty certain he did. I'm thinking maybe LB didn't have to perm. Not that it really matters. Just an observation.

What do you all think?

good point... lol given that Lindsey is from California he may have been all natural. the album Buckingham Nicks? that cover. looked natural to me... I know Don wouldn't even dream of having a perm. he's too "manly" lmao but I mean... look at Lindsey. you can get lost in those blues :heart:

AlreadyGone95
02-25-2016, 10:25 PM
Yep, Lindsey's curls are the real deal! This one's from his late teens:

http://www.buckinghamnicks.net/lb/images/LBuckBTWRS02.jpg

I don't know the name of the coffee plant Lindsey's father owned, but his father was not some kind of mammoth in the coffee industry. Their family was upper middle class, but not rich.

Lindsey's father died in 1974, before Lindsey got famous. He never got to see his son shine. In fact, he died at the lowest point in Lindsey's career, right after he and Stevie were dropped from their record company as a result of Buckingham Nicks flopping. I always thought that was a shame.

Didn't Lindsey's dad let them (Lindsey and Stevie) record some songs in that plant?

That's another thing that Lindsey and Don have in common. Both lost their dads while in the 20s, and before they made it big.

As far as photos of young Lindsey, I really like those that you have on the Buckingham Nicks site, from his high school swim team days. :mrgreen::wink: (despite the fact that he was underage)

shunlvswx
02-25-2016, 11:28 PM
Lindsey was a cutie when he was a teenager. I feel bad for Don and Lindsey. Knowing their dads never got to see their big success, but at least their mothers did.

Yeah. I'm a sucker for blue eye guys. A guy who used to play on General Hospital had the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen. His eyes were kinda like Don's.

When I first started to listen to Fleetwood Mac in 1996 when they were doing The Dance tour, I loved Lindsey first and then started to like Stevie's music.

SilverAcidRayne
02-26-2016, 09:47 PM
No wonder the Eagles are your favorite band - all the members (except for sweet Timothy) and ex-members have blue eyes. :)

My, he does have pretty baby blues... http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ML7YIwhVnkA/UNPkzxwUy1I/AAAAAAAAZpQ/gXR9nE7baHM/s1600/Lindsey-PaulMcCartneyshow2.jpg

dammit.

he's still pretty. lol

watchtower
02-28-2016, 03:08 AM
:smitten::smitten::smitten::smitten::smitten:

SilverAcidRayne
02-28-2016, 11:39 PM
All these men are enormous talents.

But I have to respect Stevie and Lindsey's relationship. They were toxic as a couple and still came out of it great friends. They will always have a deep love and respect for each other

NightMistBlue
02-29-2016, 11:38 AM
VH1 was showing "Go Your Own Way" from the Soundstage performance this morning. Gosh, the way Mr. B. flails wildly at his geetar, it's amazing he has any nails left on his right hand :)

OT: James Taylor has about a dozen "free guitar lesson" videos on his web site. One of the longest is about how to make fake fingernails, or get them at a salon. Apparently this is an issue for fingerpickers - one I never thought of (I use a pick).

SilverAcidRayne
02-29-2016, 08:40 PM
VH1 was showing "Go Your Own Way" from the Soundstage performance this morning. Gosh, the way Mr. B. flails wildly at his geetar, it's amazing he has any nails left on his right hand :)

OT: James Taylor has about a dozen "free guitar lesson" videos on his web site. One of the longest is about how to make fake fingernails, or get them at a salon. Apparently this is an issue for fingerpickers - one I never thought of (I use a pick).

what's weird is that I get my nails done all the time. and when I tried to play the other night I couldn't get a note to come out. maybe they are too long? lol

NightMistBlue
03-01-2016, 10:23 AM
You definitely don't want longish fingernails on your left hand, that will mess with your technique. :) Mr. Taylor only gets the fake fingernails on his right picking hand, particularly the thumb. I was wondering if he's ever tried that varnish from Germany that supposedly strengthens your nails, but I understand it's quite toxic.

The Turner guitars that Lindsey plays look really interesting (and light) but they are incredibly expensive https://reverb.com/item/1408508-rick-turner-model-m1-lbu-lindsey-buckingham-rope-purfling-448?_aid=pla&currency=USD&pla=1&gclid=CjwKEAiAmNW2BRDL4KqS3vmqgUESJABiiwDTWteGqOaI 2on8uvC5QehKWglaMSd-O9LVqJgFZBu6ZxoCLgTw_wcB

SilverAcidRayne
03-01-2016, 09:06 PM
You definitely don't want longish fingernails on your left hand, that will mess with your technique. :) Mr. Taylor only gets the fake fingernails on his right picking hand, particularly the thumb. I was wondering if he's ever tried that varnish from Germany that supposedly strengthens your nails, but I understand it's quite toxic.

The Turner guitars that Lindsey plays look really interesting (and light) but they are incredibly expensive https://reverb.com/item/1408508-rick-turner-model-m1-lbu-lindsey-buckingham-rope-purfling-448?_aid=pla&currency=USD&pla=1&gclid=CjwKEAiAmNW2BRDL4KqS3vmqgUESJABiiwDTWteGqOaI 2on8uvC5QehKWglaMSd-O9LVqJgFZBu6ZxoCLgTw_wcB

well damn. that explains it. lol I shall try again with shorter nails :)

SilverAcidRayne
03-01-2016, 09:07 PM
I came across this. and it's absolutely beautiful. but it raises a question for me. was silver springs written for Lindsey?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aagJBxY6FxE

buffyfan145
03-01-2016, 09:10 PM
I came across this. and it's absolutely beautiful. but it raises a question for me. was silver springs written for Lindsey?

I thought I read and/or heard before that it was. Totally agree it's a beautiful version.

SilverAcidRayne
03-01-2016, 09:17 PM
I have listened to this millions of times and NOW it dawns on me that this could very well be about him. it totally is.

sodascouts
03-01-2016, 11:55 PM
Yes - it's definitely about Lindsey. She's said so explicitly more than once. And when she sings it to him during a concert, it's INTENSE.

SilverAcidRayne
03-02-2016, 12:04 AM
Yes - it's definitely about Lindsey. She's say so explicitly more than once. And when she sings it to him during a concert, it's INTENSE.

omg. its like I could feel that man. the words to that song it's like we can so relate if we lost someone we loved. wow

AlreadyGone95
03-02-2016, 12:08 AM

I love that version of the song. I wish that there was video of it. Silver Springs is easily in my top 10 Fleetwood Mac songs.

SAR, have you seen the 2 live video versions of the song?

The Dance 1997:
https://youtu.be/dKqxzx6tKio

Live in Boston 2004:
https://youtu.be/PspqaLsXCLs

SilverAcidRayne
03-02-2016, 12:21 AM
I love that version of the song. I wish that there was video of it. Silver Springs is easily in my top 10 Fleetwood Mac songs.

SAR, have you seen the 2 live video versions of the song?

The Dance 1997:
https://youtu.be/dKqxzx6tKio

Live in Boston 2004:
https://youtu.be/PspqaLsXCLs

I actually just did. i just love those two onstage... and i also have The Dance. my favorite live album ever. oh and i'm watching "Backstage on the Rumours Tour". man oh man the intensity. lol

AlreadyGone95
03-02-2016, 12:52 AM
I actually just did. i just love those two onstage... and i also have The Dance. my favorite live album ever. oh and i'm watching "Backstage on the Rumours Tour". man oh man the intensity. lol

Intensity, indeed.I've nearly worn out my DVD copy of The Dance. It was my favorite live DVD of any band until I discovered a certain band's Farewell One DVD.

Rumours is my favorite album of all time, and my only beef with it is that Silver Springs isn't on there.(dang 1977 time limitations for albums) It's vastly superior to I Don't Want To Know.

Backstage on the Rumours tour, are those the videos from Japan? There's so many great behind scenes video from Fleetwood Mac!

SilverAcidRayne
03-02-2016, 01:08 AM
Intensity, indeed.I've nearly worn out my DVD copy of The Dance. It was my favorite live DVD of any band until I discovered a certain band's Farewell One DVD.

Rumours is my favorite album of all time, and my only beef with it is that Silver Springs isn't on there.(dang 1977 time limitations for albums) It's vastly superior to I Don't Want To Know.

Backstage on the Rumours tour, are those the videos from Japan? There's so many great behind scenes video from Fleetwood Mac!

yeah they are actually... and this is right in the middle of everyone breaking up. and now that i actually LISTENED to this song and figured it out i got kind of emotional. hits home. in that video Lindsey had his then girlfriend hanging out with them backstage and all. i really felt bad for Stevie. they were done and she had to watch this chick be all over the man she loved. intense

AlreadyGone95
03-02-2016, 01:20 AM
I was going through my Fleetwood Mac playlist on YouTube(posted several videos in the Mac thread), and I found this video of Lindsey performing my favorite solo song of his, Street of Dreams, in 1992. I really love this song because I can relate to the lyrics.https://youtu.be/ZWFrETNND9A

SilverAcidRayne
03-02-2016, 01:31 AM
oh that is beautiful.... wow

SilverAcidRayne
03-02-2016, 01:39 AM
THIS. is my favorite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OrtLxsqSic

LuvTim
03-02-2016, 02:06 AM
THIS. is my favorite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OrtLxsqSic

AWESOME

shunlvswx
03-02-2016, 08:27 AM
Silver Springs was the first time I've heard of Fleetwood Mac. That's my favorite song. Just like the Eagles, I stumble into their reunion special on MTV and VH1.

Lindsey is a nice looking man. The only thing I don't like is his tan look he has right now.

NightMistBlue
03-02-2016, 12:12 PM

I thought it was down to Silver Springs vs Christine's Oh Daddy and Mick chose the latter - not sure why (because it's about him possibly).

There is full film called "Backstage on the Rumours Tour"?! Where the hell have I been... I must see it.

AlreadyGone95
03-02-2016, 01:33 PM
I thought it was down to Silver Springs vs Christine's Oh Daddy and Mick chose the latter - not sure why (because it's about him possibly).

There is full film called "Backstage on the Rumours Tour"?! Where the hell have I been... I must see it.
I thought that it came down to time restraints. Silver Springs was too long of a song to be able to fit on the record without being edited, which Stevie refused to do.

There's several backstage videos. Here's my Fleetwood Mac playlis. The videos are scattered throughout.
FLEETWOOD MAC/SOLO SONGS: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCDA363EBC7D3AAF7

And here's a link to one of the videos.
https://youtu.be/dv6FSGpZj2o

I'm so Afraid is my second favorite Fleetwood Mac song, behind The Chain. It's so much better live, though.

SilverAcidRayne
03-02-2016, 03:48 PM
AWESOME

he just amazes me. every. damn. time.

SilverAcidRayne
03-02-2016, 03:49 PM
Silver Springs was the first time I've heard of Fleetwood Mac. That's my favorite song. Just like the Eagles, I stumble into their reunion special on MTV and VH1.

Lindsey is a nice looking man. The only thing I don't like is his tan look he has right now.

oh he's always going to be beautiful. his eyes are unreal....

sodascouts
07-09-2016, 09:51 PM
Lindsey is guest starring on Showtime's series Roadies tomorrow, and his live performance of "Big Love" will be featured on its soundtrack.

See a preview here:

http://zap2it.com/2016/07/roadies-fleetwood-mac-lindsey-buckingham-steals-the-show-bleed-to-love-her/

ETA: "Big Love" again. Sigh. However, I hear on the Mac fanboards that there will be a lot of other songs featured on the show, including instrumental versions of rarities like "Think About Me."

UndertheWire
07-10-2016, 09:47 AM
I've just found out that Roadies is available with Amazon Prime UK (included in the subscription).

sodascouts
07-10-2016, 01:24 PM
In the US, you have to have a Showtime subscription to watch it. You can't even pay to watch an individual episode; you have to purchase the entire subscription wholesale even if you just want to see one thing.

And they wonder why people look for "alternate" sources...

buffyfan145
07-10-2016, 03:54 PM
I'm glad it's tonight's episode and we're luckily getting a free preview of Showtime till the end of next month so I can see it. I watched the other 2 eps and while I've loved most of Cameron's movies it just doesn't feel the same with the show even though I like some of the cast. Will watch tonight but probably won't after that.

NightMistBlue
07-11-2016, 02:48 PM
How brave of Lindsey to be making his acting debut at...what, 66? Good for him. People said he did a good job and was funny.

shunlvswx
07-11-2016, 03:34 PM
I didn't know that was Lindsey's acting debut. He did great. Like I said in the other thread, he had a lot of scenes. Not just one scene and that's it. I think it was like 5 or 6 scenes.

The scene with the guy who played Bryce Newman was hilarious. Poor Lindsey. He thought the guy was crazy which actually he was because of something he drank.

buffyfan145
07-11-2016, 03:54 PM
I posted in the other thread too but I agree Lindsey was great!!! :D I laughed during a few of the scenes too, especially with Rainn Wilson. I liked that he was supposed to be friends with Luke Wilson's character too. Hard to believe Lindsey's never acted before since he was good.

shunlvswx
10-03-2016, 10:29 AM
Happy 67th Birthday, Lindsey.

NightMistBlue
05-22-2017, 01:37 PM
This is new to me but it was done in 2015: Lindsey B. at USC, talking and playing for over 90 minutes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtGzaPQtW_o

RudieCantFail
05-23-2017, 02:22 AM
Thanks for sharing, NMB! I've caught bits and pieces of it before, and I love how he's like 'forgive me for being rusty' before playing "Bleed to Love Her." And then he just plays so well as if he hasn't skipped a beat.

sodascouts
05-23-2017, 04:42 PM
He's brilliant!

NightMistBlue
07-11-2017, 12:17 PM
Henry Diltz shared this lovely photo of Mr. B. on his FB page recently: https://scontent-mia1-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/19665427_1892762384307068_5651856954698236940_n.jp g?oh=4f16736f1f0e189b948c01e05ffb29f6&oe=5A10A5D7

sodascouts
07-11-2017, 06:13 PM
Adorable!

RudieCantFail
07-12-2017, 01:34 AM
Nice pic, NMB! Thanks for sharing!

RudieCantFail
10-03-2018, 04:29 AM
Full Band version of Trouble on Jimmy Kimmel Live!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdpGKsvfD4U (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdpGKsvfD4U)

Soul Drifter (did not air on TV) on Jimmy Kimmel Live!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ6ulAbxGFU

Hunger (New unreleased song from the Solo Anthology)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ6ulAbxGFU

shunlvswx
10-03-2018, 11:02 AM
Lindsey sounding good. His voice has changed so much over the years, but he still sound great.

Happy 69th Birthday to Lindsey today.

10-03-2018, 11:21 AM
Thanks for those, Rudie. And ...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDSEY!!!

Thanks for all of the music!

Dawn
10-03-2018, 07:06 PM
Thanks for the links!

So happy to to see LB he looks and sounds great.

Best wishes for a Happy Birthday!

Brooke
10-04-2018, 04:07 PM
Happy birthday to Lindsey! The main inspiration for my daughter's first name!

NightMistBlue
10-09-2018, 09:39 AM
Rec'd my Solo Anthology CD in the mail today - whoot whoot!

sodascouts
10-09-2018, 10:50 PM
I got my CD anthology today as well! So looking forward to meeting Lindsey again in a few weeks when I have my show in Birmingham!

RudieCantFail
10-10-2018, 06:02 AM
Song by song thoughts of the SF show. Edited a little to reduce the profanity. I was planning to record this review, but I don't know when I would have time for it.

----

Don’t Look Down - A gem from 1992’s Out of the Cradle. The guitar intro is just delightful and further demonstrates his mastery of the fingerpicking style. I did not mind the piped vocals, but at some parts of the show, I was like why? I’m happy that he’s open about it with another backing band member helping out with that. I will get his name eventually.

Go Insane - in it’s full band version. Wicked awesome! I like it a lot better than his acoustic version, but I understand where he’s coming from when he does it that way. But the full band is a bop.

Lindsey speaks:
Warner Bros after many years got the bright idea of releasing a ‘best of’ his solo work. More than 30 years of work all in one thing.

He acknowledged when some dude said, “we love you, Lindsey.”

Surrender the Rain - I thought that the way that this was played was kind of like a love song. I know that lyrically, it’s not the case. It has never been played live before until this tour. It does show his age unfortunately but it’s not the worst of course. Any songs from Out of the Cradle are welcome. I did not like the ‘enhanced’ lead vocal. I know he does not sing that high anymore, and it just was weird. I mean, I would be surprised that at the end it was him doing that lead vocal, but it sounds artificial.

Not Too Late - I’m not a big fan of this song, but I do like the live version better than the studio version. The studio version has too much of his processing that was typical of the Under the Skin era. I would rather hear his aged voice 9 times out of 10 on anything.

Doing What I Can - I accept this in place of Countdown. Gosh darn. It is hot, when he sings the chorus. He does that little vibrato or shaking of his voice. I’m more impressed that he could do the chorus. And dang, that guitar solo at the end.

Trouble - Better than the Kimmel performance. I don’t think Lindsey nowadays plays that well in front of a studio TV audience. The piped-in vocals are okay. They sound like Lindsey and it’s great as a backing vocal.

I Must Go - Thank god, another gem from Go Insane. I don’t like the piped-in vocals at first in the chorus, but you get used to them.

Street of Dreams - I took no video of this song. I was trying to be respectful towards his brother and his whole family. I know the song is personal to him. It’s about the death of his dad. It’s powerful when he goes into that part directly about his father because he sings with such intensity and sorrowful anger.

Lindsey acknowledged his niece, sister in law, Jeff (His brother) and wife and friends. He said that things go in circles and he joked that it’s his brother’s fault that Lindsey was standing there. Jeff looked so proud.

I apparently was sitting next to his brother and family. I know how sad it sounds that I know what his brother looks like, but he made an appearance on Lindsey’s Behind the Music episode. And they look like each other. Jeff was very happy to be there. He was cheering very hard and he was like the only one standing up for Holiday Road.

Shut Us Down - I like the live version better than the studio because once again, I don’t like the voice processing on some of the songs of the Under the Skin album. Another display of his f---in’ awesome fingerpicking abilities.

Never Going Back Again - This song makes a lot of sense in spite of all the BS that has happened in this year. Like, yeah, it’s about their break-up originally, but if you kind of think about it in the recent context, it’s just like yeah. He’s been down one time (the break-up), two times (departure/firing in 1987), three times (firing in 2018). At least that’s how I interpret it. Yeah, Lindsey, don’t go back again.

Big Love - Another signature fingerpicking display of awesomeness. It’s the first time that I’ve seen it live in person. I do like the end of the song with all those grunts. It’s intense.

In Our Own Time - Seeds We Sow, represent! At least he picked the best song from that album, although I do personally have “One Take” and the Rolling Stone cover version of “She Smiled Sweetly as my favorites. It’s amazing how instrumentally, he can get it very close to the studio version, which is spectacular in its own right.

Slow Dancing - I did not recognize this song right away, tbh. Maybe it’s a key change or it seems like that it’s played faster or something. Heck, it’s the live debut of the song. Regardless, I’m glad he brought this song along in the tour. I secretly like the song, since it is a sexy song. Listen to the lyrics. You’ll see what I mean. And then watch the music video. The guitar outro, dang! That alone is worth it for this song.

Soul Drifter - Once again, better than what was shown on Kimmel. I don’t mind the piped-in vocals because they at least sound like Lindsey from when it was recorded back then.

Holiday Road - Hell yeah! I don’t mind the piped-in vocals, since the song is just so fun! Except at the end where him and the band are barking like dogs. Like, what the hell, Lindsey. You’re weird and eccentric. I get it.

Tusk - Something went wrong during this song. When Lindsey finished the first verses, they had to stop the song. The horns, according to Brett Tuggle, weren’t working right on the computer. They had too much tequila and it was drunk. His words, not mine. Also, shout out to Jimmy Paxson for keeping the drums or rather, the cymbals, going when that exchange happened. It was ----ing bonkers when it worked right. He did hiccup in his retry. It was adorable. Yes, I know that I have problems. I did not record the glitch out of respect for Lindsey and his family.

I’m So Afraid - Okay, the earlier songs established him as an acoustic fingerpicking god. He’s a ----in’ electric guitar fingerpicking god! I mean, if you didn’t figure that out in the earlier electric songs with solos in between the lyrics… I’m kidding. This song does not get old for me.

Go Your Own Way - This is the right way of doing the song, not getting the New Zealander from Crowded House to do it. It’s Lindsey’s heartbreak and anger, not Neil Finn’s. He did not let the audience strum his guitar for the solo at the end. Security was pretty tight at the Palace of Fine Arts Theater. No video or pictures allowed, but I don’t listen and I had center seats. What could they do to me? What did Edwin Starr sing that was popularized in the 1998 film, Rush Hour, “Absolutely Nothing, say it again. Hah!”

Encore

His brother, Jeff, was like the only one putting the flashlight from his phone on. So I did it too because I’m lame and desperate. Then, I thought and joked to my mother that 98% of these people probably were not able to turn on the flashlight on their phones because the demographic was literally the AARP convention.

Band Intros - Lindsey thanked the audience, and said, “it was a few little glitches, but that’s rock and roll.”

Turn It On - I love this song. It’s uplifting. “You can heal someone’s soul, you don’t even know why.” These Out of the Cradle songs are just relevant, due to the things that have been happening to him. Like, Stevie Nicks kicking him to the curb and having a big hand in firing him out of Fleetwood Mac. I mean, Out of the Cradle was heavily influenced by his 1987 departure/firing.

Down on Rodeo - I love this song too! The Under the Skin exudes softness and reflection in general. It’s a song that I’ve always wanted to hear live in person.

Treason - What a fitting end. If I wasn’t such an emotionally distant person, I would probably have cried. The chorus says it all: “Deep down there is freedom. Deep down there will be a reason. At the end of the season. We will rise from this treason.” Yes, Lindsey, we will rise from this treason. I wish nothing but luck for the success of Lindsey Buckingham’s solo tour.

Dawn
10-10-2018, 08:53 AM
So glad you were able to make the show Rudie! Thanks very much for sharing your experience with such detail and interesting commentary. I enjoyed your review!

NightMistBlue
10-10-2018, 11:54 AM
Rudie, this is a gem: "If I wasn’t such an emotionally distant person, I would probably have cried." :hilarious:

Thank you for the finely observed and wonderfully written review. Whose profanity did you have to edit out - yours or Lindsey's?

RudieCantFail
10-10-2018, 12:54 PM
@NMB, my own. I had a few swear words in the original draft and wanted to keep it a little cleaner on here. He doesn't swear too often, but when he does based on videos that I've seen from the past, he usually does it in a joking bit. I don't think he does it audibly when he's mad.

Oh, I'm glad that you liked that line, lol.

CAinOH
10-10-2018, 04:56 PM
Article about Lindsey Buckingham from Rolling Stone:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/lindsey-buckingham-life-after-fleetwood-mac/ar-BBOcy9A?li=BBnbhK0

Buckingham knows there will be moments on his solo tour, backstage, when well-meaning fans will hand him a copy of Rumours to sign. And “that’s OK,” he says. “Somebody handing me Rumours has no effect on anything more than it ever would have. It is just an affirmation that we’ve done our job right.”

shunlvswx
10-10-2018, 06:01 PM
It looks like he was fired because what happened in February. The question is why now imo.

sodascouts
10-10-2018, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the review, Rudie. I can't wait to go to my show in a few weeks! It's unfortunate about the use of the backing tracks, but then again, if it allows him to perform songs he would otherwise shy away from, I guess it's an acceptable trade off.

I'm especially excited to hear my favorite song, Soul Drifter. Never thought I'd hear that - it hasn't been played live in over 20 years before this tour!

sodascouts
10-10-2018, 09:52 PM
Article about Lindsey Buckingham from Rolling Stone:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/lindsey-buckingham-life-after-fleetwood-mac/ar-BBOcy9A?li=BBnbhK0

I'm intrigued by this new solo album he mentions, Blue Light (lovely title). One thing this mess hasn't done is dampen his creativity.

I'm glad he's cool with fans bringing him those Rumours album. I was hoping he'd sign a copy of The Dance for me!

I put my thoughts on the Fleetwood Mac portion of this interview in the FM thread. :enraged:

Dawn
10-11-2018, 08:30 PM
Lindsey Buckingham lawsuit - very enlightening to say the least. Of course, this is very early in the process and right now we only have Lindsey's complaint. It will be interesting to see the defendants response. Lindsey's email submitted as an exhibit is especially revealing.

https://www.scribd.com/document/390686837/Lindsey-Buckingham-Fleetwood-Mac-Complaint#download

sodascouts
10-11-2018, 09:46 PM
Wow. That email at the end is pretty powerful. How sad that Mick ignored it.

RudieCantFail
10-11-2018, 10:26 PM
Thank you, Soda, NMB, and Dawn! Hope you enjoy your show in the coming weeks, Soda!

Oh yeah, it makes me sad that he had to file a lawsuit. I mean, it's too bad that he has to do this. I liked how LB insisted that they stop touring in order to wait for John to get better and recover from cancer. But somebody wanted to continue on without John. That e-mail at the end gets me.

Stevie probably just had it with Lindsey, since the other band members were having a little fun first before he did anything.

I am definitely not a lawyer, but I don't see anything wrong that he did regarding the tour negotiations. He tried to get something to happen his way, but he ends up relenting to their demands b/c he cares about the band first and foremost. What definitely does not look good for FM is that the reasons for his dismissal were petty rather than any botched tour negotiations.

I hope Lindsey wins or gets a sizable out of court settlement.

---

Let me also add that at least they could explain why the band lied on national TV and give whatever their take is on why they ousted him.

Were they less than professional at MusiCares? Probably, but they're old and just want to have a little fun. They're not self-serious all the time. You can love the band's legacy and still have a little inside joke among themselves. I mean, Lindsey interacts with fans based on videos that I've seen when Stevie goes into that long "Gypsy" speech at concerts.

RudieCantFail
10-25-2018, 01:13 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftxRe2eYAUQ

I think the timestamps are clickable b/c I checked it out in the preview post area.

Songs featured:
01 - Don't Look Down (0:00 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftxRe2eYAUQ&t=0s) - 0:28 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftxRe2eYAUQ&t=28s))
02 - Go Insane (0:28 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftxRe2eYAUQ&t=28s) - 1:33 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftxRe2eYAUQ&t=93s))
03 - Surrender the Rain (1:33 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftxRe2eYAUQ&t=93s) - 3:08 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftxRe2eYAUQ&t=188s))
05 - Doing What I Can (3:09 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftxRe2eYAUQ&t=189s) - 4:43 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftxRe2eYAUQ&t=283s))
06 - Trouble (4:44 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftxRe2eYAUQ&t=284s) - 5:57 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftxRe2eYAUQ&t=357s))
07 - I Must Go (5:57 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftxRe2eYAUQ&t=357s) - 7:27 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftxRe2eYAUQ&t=447s))
09 - Shut Us Down (7:27 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftxRe2eYAUQ&t=447s) - 11:47 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftxRe2eYAUQ&t=707s))
10 - Never Going Back Again (11:47 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftxRe2eYAUQ&t=707s) - 13:59 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftxRe2eYAUQ&t=839s))
12 - In Our Own Time (13:59 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftxRe2eYAUQ&t=839s) - 16:14 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftxRe2eYAUQ&t=974s))
13 - Slow Dancing (16:14 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftxRe2eYAUQ&t=974s) - 18:25 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftxRe2eYAUQ&t=1105s))
17 - I'm So Afraid (18:25 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftxRe2eYAUQ&t=1105s) - 20:54 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftxRe2eYAUQ&t=1254s))
18 - Go Your Own Way (20:55 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftxRe2eYAUQ&t=1255s) - 21:20 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftxRe2eYAUQ&t=1280s))
19 - Turn It On (21:20 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftxRe2eYAUQ&t=1280s) - 22:31 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftxRe2eYAUQ&t=1351s))
20 - Down on Rodeo (22:31 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftxRe2eYAUQ&t=1351s) - 23:23 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftxRe2eYAUQ&t=1403s))
21 - Treason (23:23 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftxRe2eYAUQ&t=1403s) - 25:23 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftxRe2eYAUQ&t=1523s))

This was filmed very unprofessionally on an iPhone 7.

NightMistBlue
10-25-2018, 01:16 PM
Thanks, Rudie! You rock! Was the opening act J.S. Ondara and if so, what did you think of him?

10-25-2018, 01:29 PM
Thank You, Rudie!

Hope you enjoyed yourself at the show.

RudieCantFail
10-25-2018, 04:19 PM
Thanks, Rudie! You rock! Was the opening act J.S. Ondara and if so, what did you think of him?

Thanks, NMB! No, I didn't get to see JS Ondara. I had to miss the opening act because I was stuck at some pre-interview social and just had to book it in time to see Lindsey. I wasn't digging his songs from what I had listened to on YouTube, but I did like "American Dream" because it had the percussion. The videos that I had seen of him live was usually him with just a guitar and it was kind of dull.

But, I do like this song that I mentioned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZArxjAl80o

He sings pretty well, imo.

Also, thank you Dreamer!

NightMistBlue
10-25-2018, 08:10 PM
Thank you, Rudie. I like that song too; he has an intriguing sound. His tenor has a slightly androgynous quality like young Lindsey.

sodascouts
10-26-2018, 06:17 AM
Thank you so much, Rudie. This makes me even more excited for my show!

shunlvswx
10-26-2018, 08:52 AM
Which show are you going to, Soda. Are you going to the show in Birmingham or is their a show closer by. Is he going to be in Memphis or Nashville?

sodascouts
10-27-2018, 04:44 PM
Which show are you going to, Soda. Are you going to the show in Birmingham or is their a show closer by. Is he going to be in Memphis or Nashville?

The Birmingham show. There's no closer show, I'm afraid.

NightMistBlue
10-27-2018, 07:51 PM
You’ll never guess the pre-show music they’re playing at the Lindsey Buckingham concert tonight -Neil Finn! Someone has a sense of humor.

sodascouts
10-27-2018, 08:12 PM
LOL! Oh man!

NightMistBlue
10-27-2018, 11:25 PM
I could NOT believe it. Then before Lindsey came out, they played that solo classical guitar that I’ve heard before Fleetwood Mac shows but that no one seems to know who it is. I’m semi-convinced now that it’s Lindsey. You’ll love the show. His voice is very strong and his guitar virtuososity is overwhelming.

NightMistBlue
10-29-2018, 11:15 AM
J.S. Ondara got a very good response from the audience. Weirdly, he did not play "American Dream," which I presume is his best-known song. His set could have benefited from a more upbeat number, as the songs he played were all slow and sad and concerning relationship troubles. Overheard in the ladies' room: "He's very talented but he needs a nicer girlfriend."

10-29-2018, 12:14 PM
Appreciate the updated info, NMB.

sodascouts
10-29-2018, 10:26 PM
J.S. Ondara got a very good response from the audience. Weirdly, he did not play "American Dream," which I presume is his best-known song. His set could have benefited from a more upbeat number, as the songs he played were all slow and sad and concerning relationship troubles. Overheard in the ladies' room: "He's very talented but he needs a nicer girlfriend."
LOL!

I've never heard of J.S. Ondara. I'll have to listen to a couple songs before my concert so I don't come off as completely clueless.

NightMistBlue
11-03-2018, 11:35 AM
The show I attended was only about 2/3 full at most. As a result, many folks got a seat upgrade. It wasn’t a large theater. I attended an Anderson, Rabin & Wakeman (ex-Yes members) show there one year ago and it was almost sold out.

However, the audience made up in volume for whatever it lacked in size and Lindsey seemed genuinely grateful for the support. He doesn’t look or sound like a 70-year old man on the verge of retiring. He spoke of his intention for another album and another tour.

11-03-2018, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the info, NMB. Of course, I wish Lindsey well whatever his future brings.

Dawn
11-03-2018, 10:41 PM
Thanks NMB I really hope I get a chance to see Lindsey in concert. I do believe I would enjoy it very much and it's good to know he is looking toward the future with enthusiasm and thinking about a new album.

sodascouts
11-15-2018, 09:44 PM
So, I went to Birmingham on Tuesday, and it was amazing!

I went with an Australian friend of mine who had flown into the country especially for this show and to meet Lindsey (although while here, he is also doing some sightseeing). We lined up for the meet'n'greet beforehand and had our photos taken with Lindsey as well as saying a few words. I told Lindsey how much I loved "Soul Drifter;" my friend told him how much he loved "Down on Rodeo." We got to hear both that night (the latter has since been dropped). He told me "Soul Drifter" has taken on a whole new meaning for him now. I said "I can imagine!"

I was FRONT ROW CENTER - best seat in the house!

And what a house it was - the gorgeous Lyric Theatre has great acoustics. The only drawbacks were a huge gap between the front row and the stage, and security with stern faces that discouraged people from going up to the stage until at the encore, when I just went for it lol.

Lindsey was strong vocally and energetic. He was having a good night.

It was so great to hear songs that I never thought I would hear live - so many tunes from his 1992 album Out of the Cradle and then there are the tracks from 1985's Go Insane as well. Of special note: Although I love the intensity of the acoustic "Go Insane" he has been doing for 20 years now, hearing the live version with effects rocked and brought a different kind of energy which was really cool. Of course, my favorite "Soul Drifter" was wonderful and went by all too quickly. Also, I liked the way he incorporated the slower instrumental coda of "Slow Dancing" into the live version.

The only moments I wasn't really into: I've never enjoyed the repetitive "I Must Go" and the live version doesn't enchant me any more than the original. Also, the "silence of stone" bridge of "Surrender the Rain" was quite obviously not him actually singing. He needs to either drop it down an octave so he can sing it himself or make that recording sound more natural. It was jarring and took me out of the moment of a lovely song. Otherwise, I was happy as can be with the show.

Finally, I really like that he ends on "Treason." Not only is it a beautiful song, but it also just works so well thematically. I was looking up at his face and singing along with "At the end of the season, we will rise from this treason," and I couldn't help but think how true it was for Lindsey. More power to him.

There was one extraordinary moment that I'm going to single out, though, because it was something unique to Birmingham and it took everyone by surprise.

About midway through the set, Lindsey paused to take a moment to give a special thank you to Birmingham, Alabama. Somebody recorded it, so I'll just write what he said: "Back when Stevie and I were struggling in Los Angeles, there were a few pockets around the country before we joined Fleetwood Mac where that album [1973's Buckingham Nicks] had somehow made sense and had gotten airplay, and there was this huge disconnect between the kind of struggle that we had going in LA and being able to come to a town like this and play for a good sized crowd. It's always been intriguing to wonder what would have happened if we'd had made a different choice. And there are people here who saw Stevie and me back then, and that's great. Things are so circular. Having all of those people is a great thing. But really, having all of you here to support, and witness, tonight because it has been a surprising year and we are making a new start." But I could see he was starting to get emotional as he thanked us for coming and backed away from the microphone a few paces, and I wondered why.... and then he said it.

"So maybe I'll dedicate this next one to Stevie."

I heard some gasps of surprise; I heard some chortles and harsh "yeahs" from people who assumed he was going to sing some snarky song like "Wrong" or defiant song like "Never Going Back Again."

But he sang "Shut Us Down" - a song which is none of those things. A song which is so much more.

For those unfamiliar with the lyrics, they start out...

"You and I, we sure can dream..."

And on that line, for just a brief moment, he got a little choked up.

It just about broke my freaking heart.

Everyone fell silent as he ripped his heart open for the song. He got himself under control for the remainder of it, but oh my gosh. As someone who was into Buckingham Nicks and has mourned the loss of that as much as the loss of Fleetwood Mac, I was getting choked up, too.

Oh you and I we sure can dream
Of conversations that might have been

I know that I treat you unkind
And long ago I lost my mind

And even after all these years
I can't even see you clear

I know that you must lie sometimes
To hide the truth you're trying to find

Oh I won't shut us down
No I will stay around
As long as I can
As long as I can

Even after all these years
I can't even see you clear

A child is born another dies
And every life has its price

Oh I won't shut us down
No I will stay around
As long as I can
As long as I can
As long as I can
As long as I can
As long as I can

After the song, as the notes died, it seemed the air was vibrating with the emotional power of it. You couldn't help but feel it - his vulnerability, his passion, his frustration, his confusion, his grief, his regret, his longing, his defiance... everything. He got a standing ovation. It was the first of the night, but not the last.

I'll never hear that song the same way again.

Houston Baby
11-15-2018, 11:38 PM
Oh wow Nancy!! What an unbelievable night! I don't know what else to say. To witness that? Wow!

Brooke
11-16-2018, 04:40 PM
Sounds like you had an incredible night, Soda! Thanks for telling us all about it!

New Kid In Town
11-21-2018, 11:21 AM
Soda - Thank You for the wonderful review. It sounds like Lindsey put on a great show. I will have to check it out to see if/when he comes in my neck of the woods.

11-21-2018, 12:34 PM
Awesome review Soda and I'm so glad you enjoyed the show. I wish Lindsey nothing but the best.

Delilah
02-08-2019, 05:23 PM
Is this for real? From Kristen Buckingham’s twitter account:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dy6PHAxU8AAYmfL.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/KBChrush/status/1093969115859935233

CAinOH
02-08-2019, 05:31 PM
Rolling Stone picked up the story, but they're using Kristen's post.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/lindsay-buckingham-heart-surgery-fleetwood-mac-792212/

Pitchfork has photo:
https://pitchfork.com/news/lindsey-buckingham-recovering-from-open-heart-surgery/

https://twitter.com/KBChrush/status/1093969115859935233/photo/1

Appears to be true.

My My
02-08-2019, 05:35 PM
Apparently it is real. It is now being reported by Rolling Stone.

My My
02-08-2019, 05:36 PM
Sorry , CA... was replying at the same time as you!

Brooke
02-08-2019, 05:53 PM
Wow! Just saw this on Fb!

Prayers for Lindsey!

Delilah
02-08-2019, 06:07 PM
Thanks ya’ll. It was so unexpected and hard to believe. Lindsey seemed to be going strong and he’s still relatively young. Prayers for him and his family that he fully recovers and his vocal cords aren’t permanently damaged.

WalshFan88
02-08-2019, 07:17 PM
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/lindsey-buckingham-heart-surgery/?fbclid=IwAR159pDxSDfMbRD5j7dsc5ehfbGPh_oNS_ToefqV g8gQTh-kSb1HNgfRDEY

That photo of Lindsey sure doesn't look good.

My well wishes go out to him. The last couple years sure haven't been good to him.

02-08-2019, 08:32 PM
Here's wishing Lindsey a quick and full recovery. The past months have been rough for him for sure.

sodascouts
02-08-2019, 10:00 PM
As she states in her message, with Lindsey's father and brother Greg both dying relatively early from heart disease at 56 and 46 respectively, it's always been a concern.... all the stress of the past few months couldn't have helped.

Thank God they got him to the hospital and he appears to be OK.

But his vocal chords damaged? Oh no!

Prayers for Lindsey!!!

(I went ahead and moved the posts to his personal thread.)

New Kid In Town
02-09-2019, 10:36 AM
Wishing Lindsey a full and speedy recovery. I hope there is no permanent damage to his vocal cords.

shunlvswx
02-09-2019, 12:33 PM
I’m trying to figure out how his vocal cords got damaged when he went for heart surgery. I’m guessing they put a tube in his throat and either they put it in the wrong way or took it out the wrong way.

Poor Lindsey. I’m glad he’s ok. I hope and pray his voice is not permanently damaged and just temporary.

CAinOH
02-09-2019, 02:23 PM
Re: Vocal chord damage...

My husband and I were talking about that last night, and he asked if a tracheotomy was done. I told him I didn't think so. So today I went a-Google-ing, and found this (opens into a pdf):

https://www.annalsthoracicsurgery.org/article/S0003-4975(10)63312-7/pdf

It's a lot of medical terminology, but the gist of it is: "Injury to the recurrent laryngeal nerve is reported most often following operation on theneck, especially thyroidectomy." Apparently, it has to do with nerve damage.

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV.

WalshFan88
02-09-2019, 04:30 PM
With the bandage around his neck I'd say it wasn't the endotracheal tube (the tube they put in the mouth that goes down to the start of the lungs) intubation that caused it. Maybe they did do a tracheotomy. They only do those if they cannot do a successful oral airway intubation with an ET tube or laryngeal mask airway (LMA). The bandage on his neck makes you think they had to open his neck for whatever reason.

But I'm not aware of any heart surgeries that require the neck to be incised. I'm hoping it wasn't like he coded and they couldn't get a normal airway down or maybe when they were inducing anesthesia and couldn't get him intubated the normal way. Either way, I'd really like to know why his neck was messed with for an open heart procedure. We will probably never know, and that's fine. But I am curious.

Here's hoping his vocal cords can heal. Either way, I'm just glad he's ok. Even if he can't sing, just to know he's alive and doing better is all I care about. The last two years haven't been kind to him.

shunlvswx
02-09-2019, 05:18 PM
I agree, Austin. Why was his throat mess with. I had caught quiet about that on Facebook, but every time I see his hospital I wonder what happened. I wouldn’t be surprised if they sue them. You basically might have taken away his singing. His livelihood.

Maybe it will come out later with what happened. Lindsey and Kristen have been opened this past year.

I’m just glad Lindsey is alive and well. Doesn’t Lindsey have another brother?

WalshFan88
02-10-2019, 12:22 AM
Yes. The lawsuit thing is a tricky one.

On one hand, they did very likely jeopardize his livelihood.

On the other hand, if it was an emergency airway (which we are only speculating here, we do not have the details, let me be clear) because of a code blue/respiratory arrest and they couldn't get him intubated or because he stopped breathing when they were putting him under and they couldn't do it the normal way with a oral airway, it was a lifesaving procedure which if they hadn't done it, he would have died. They didn't have a choice or time to worry about vocal cords in this instance IF (big if) that in fact took place. In that case, I side with the hospital because I'd rather be alive and not able to sing than be dead.

If it was caused by medical/surgical error, they absolutely have every right to sue and be upset with the doctors.

New Kid In Town
02-10-2019, 10:07 AM
Well, I am certainly not a doctor but from the looks of the picture it looks like the doctor had to insert a trach tube. I would assume there was some kind of medical emergency that required it. Hopefully, the nerve is just bruised and will heal so he doesn't loose his voice.
I remember reading back when the lawsuit was settled about his Dad and older brother dying so young. The article stated his older brother won a silver medal in the 1968 Olympics while on the US Swim Team. The article also stated the heart problem was some kind of inhert. issue. I think his kids are still young so this must have been very scary for them all. I hope Lindsey makes a full recovery.

sodascouts
02-10-2019, 03:28 PM
I've been scouring the internet for details but so far nothing else has surfaced except an extra detail that has appeared in a few of the articles released since the initial post by Kristen:

"Buckingham’s publicist said in a statement Friday that he experienced chest pains last week and was taken to the hospital where he had the life-saving procedure."

So how do we read this? That maybe at the onset of symptoms his family was able to drive him to the hospital where he was taken care of before it reached a full-on heart attack, or the "chest pains" were a heart attack and "was taken" means had to be rushed by ambulance? Either way, having to get emergency open-heart surgery is bad, of course! Still, one scenario is a lot scarier than the other.

The neck and vocal chord puzzles me, too, but I have zero knowledge of such things.

WalshFan88
02-10-2019, 04:34 PM
Generally they only do open heart surgery for a heart attack if it's too bad to do stents with a heart catheterization. Usually they take them to the cath lab first to attempt balloons/stents, and if it's too bad or too many blockages, then they ship them to the OR for bypass surgery.

sodascouts
02-10-2019, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the info, Austin. That does sound bed.

As a reference for people who haven't seen the photo:

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-c5JYo29ldrQ/XF5OvRsgaFI/AAAAAAAAAeU/obDHhA5wzTgM5DEis573kph1KSaf8E_gACLcBGAs/s1600/LBuckHospital2019.jpg

Tony Trout
02-10-2019, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the info, Austin. That does sound bed.

As a reference for people who haven't seen the photo:

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-c5JYo29ldrQ/XF5OvRsgaFI/AAAAAAAAAeU/obDHhA5wzTgM5DEis573kph1KSaf8E_gACLcBGAs/s1600/LBuckHospital2019.jpg

The last time I had to go to Atlanta, GA for a checkup on my heart, the lady doing the exam also looked at my neck. There are, in fact, arteries in the neck that somehow work in conjunction with the heart and those arteries can become clogged just like the arteries that lead from the heart to the rest of the body.

Here's hoping that he has a quick recovery).

NightMistBlue
02-11-2019, 10:18 AM
Poor Linds, his neck is heavily bruised. Maybe there was a blockage to one of the carotid arteries in his neck, in addition to the open-heart surgery.

I pray he makes a full recovery.

Brooke
02-11-2019, 02:56 PM
Well, his neck looks very strange to me. My Mom had a massive heart attack around 10 years ago (she survived!) and after being life flighted to St. Louis two stents were put in through catheterization, which is a wire with a scope and stents run through her veins from her groin to her heart, basically. (They now sometimes go from an arm) Her chest was not opened. She had no bruising on her neck nor bandages. She also had a stent put in a carotid artery in her neck a few years ago. No bruising there either. Just a bandage on the side of her neck. Lindsey must have had something to do with the trach. Can't imagine what caused the bruising.

Regardless, I hope he makes a full recovery! Prayers for him! Very scary situation!

WalshFan88
02-11-2019, 07:31 PM
Good point about the carotid artery. That can have problems and blockages but where the bandage is located makes me lean towards a tracheotomy/ostomy or cricothyrotomy (the latter being another type of surgical airway to gain access to the throat).

CAinOH
02-11-2019, 09:51 PM
Found some more information about vocal paralysis after chest surgery.

http://vocalparalysis.com/voice-problems-after-chest-surgery/

(Lots of anatomical drawings, videos, and explanations...)

Summary:

CAUSES OF VOCAL INJURY FROM CHEST SURGERY
Chest surgery surgery may result in a weak voice for many reasons. Those reasons are outlined in the picture menu above and include:

The breathing tube injuring the vocal cords
The breathing tube weakening the vocal nerves
Vocal nerve bruising during surgery
Vocal nerve transection (cut) during surgery
Worsening of a pre-existing weakness of a vocal nerve
Complications with healing after surgery

Patients are often told to wait for spontaneous voice recovery. However, during this time, patients often have severe voice symptoms, making the waiting time difficult. Their voice problems may prevent them from returning to work, or make it difficult to socialize. For a professional voice user (singer, actor, etc), time spent waiting may severely limit career options.

WalshFan88
02-15-2019, 04:42 AM
Has anyone heard any more about Lindsey? I haven't seen anything...

sodascouts
02-15-2019, 08:17 AM
I don't have any new info.

WalshFan88
02-15-2019, 11:05 PM
I really wish they'd give us something about how he's getting along. I mean, I want them to have their privacy but at the same time I want to know he's at least doing ok right now.

The photo really concerns me.

shunlvswx
02-15-2019, 11:13 PM
I saw on twitter that today is Lindsey and Kristin's wedding anniversary. Happy 19th Anniversary to Lindsey and Kristin.

sodascouts
02-18-2019, 01:10 AM
I really wish they'd give us something about how he's getting along. I mean, I want them to have their privacy but at the same time I want to know he's at least doing ok right now.

The photo really concerns me.

I know what you're saying, but I'm grateful that we've gotten as much as we have. I can't help but compare it to Glenn and how little info we got when he was sick. Still, like you, I'd appreciate an update now that he's had a bit of time to recuperate. Maybe they're waiting until he's recovered more?

And a belated HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to Lindsey and Kristen!

Brooke
02-19-2019, 04:39 PM
I agree it would be nice to have an update.

Happy anniversary to him and his wife!

WalshFan88
02-20-2019, 07:38 PM
Happy Anniversary to them both.

And I understand what you mean Soda. We had no info about Glenn, by comparison.

shunlvswx
02-24-2019, 01:55 AM
Update from Kristen.

https://twitter.com/KBChrush/status/1099465195993231360?fbclid=IwAR1aQYmQSImPIdk72g8Fh EL1Jnr-gVOrCeQ9RTEsJ3XsXS7KwC2seLWj3kA

WalshFan88
02-24-2019, 02:06 AM
Thanks for sharing that, shun.

Glad to hear he is improving!

02-24-2019, 12:06 PM
Me too! Crossing my fingers that he will make a full recovery even if it isn't too speedy.

CAinOH
02-24-2019, 05:11 PM
Good to hear something. Thanks for posting, shun!

NightMistBlue
02-25-2019, 10:59 AM
Many thanks, Shun!

sodascouts
02-25-2019, 11:32 AM
So glad she posted an update. I'm thankful she keeps the fans in mind and understands our concern.

Dawn
02-26-2019, 03:47 AM
Thanks Shun!

I am also very glad to hear Lindsey is on the road to recovery and appreciative of his wife for providing updates.

Here's to Lindsey - an amazing singer, guitarist, songwriter, arranger. May he continue on the path to recovery and find strength in his family, friends, fans and colleagues. God Bless.

NightMistBlue
03-08-2019, 01:04 PM
In an article in the New York Post today, Mick Fleetwood explains the reason for firing Linds: https://nypost.com/2019/03/07/fleetwood-mac-on-booting-buckingham-we-werent-happy/

Strangely, Mr. B's serious health crisis is not mentioned.

sodascouts
03-09-2019, 10:59 AM
In an article in the New York Post today, Mick Fleetwood explains the reason for firing Linds: https://nypost.com/2019/03/07/fleetwood-mac-on-booting-buckingham-we-werent-happy/

Strangely, Mr. B's serious health crisis is not mentioned.

Here is the sum total of his "explanation":

"We weren’t happy — [happy] sounds almost like too light of a word to use,” Fleetwood says of Buckingham’s firing. “It just wasn’t a happy situation anymore, really for everyone.”

OK... so.... what exactly made it not a happy situation? We've heard that Lindsey was bending over backwards to accommodate their needs for touring (despite the fact that they initially pretended otherwise), and since they rarely saw each other outside of when they rehearsed and performed together, they only had to put up with each other for short time periods. What was he doing that was causing such "unhappiness"? So much unhappiness that Stevie insisted he be fired?

When are they going to give us a real reason?

New Kid In Town
03-09-2019, 03:15 PM
Here is the sum total of his "explanation":

"We weren’t happy — [happy] sounds almost like too light of a word to use,” Fleetwood says of Buckingham’s firing. “It just wasn’t a happy situation anymore, really for everyone.”

OK... so.... what exactly made it not a happy situation? We've heard that Lindsey was bending over backwards to accommodate their needs for touring (despite the fact that they initially pretended otherwise), and since they rarely saw each other outside of when they rehearsed and performed together, they only had to put up with each other for short time periods. What was he doing that was causing such "unhappiness"? So much unhappiness that Stevie insisted he be fired?

When are they going to give us a real reason?

Yeah, I read that and thought " that's the reason" ! Really, we may never hear the real reason, at least not from Mick or Stevie. IDK, maybe Christine when she retires again. Wonder if she contacted Lindsey after his heart/health emergency ?
As a side note, FM is playing next week at MSG and the Prudential Center in Newark. My local classic rock station will be giving away tickets - "be the 8th caller and win tickets to see FM". I will not be making any phone calls.

03-09-2019, 03:32 PM
That apparently is their standard line. I'm betting that's the only excuse that we'll ever get.

sodascouts
03-10-2019, 05:07 PM
Look what Lindsey's wife Kristen posted on her Twitter (https://twitter.com/KBChrush/status/1104787984761511941?fbclid=IwAR23eIIWcoJ4M6BT2v2ko SA5t9ZpJeXlNiZ0MAdmEFF4LrBBT05nR5AiNY4):

Kristen Buckingham @KBChrush (https://twitter.com/KBChrush/status/1104787984761511941?fbclid=IwAR23eIIWcoJ4M6BT2v2ko SA5t9ZpJeXlNiZ0MAdmEFF4LrBBT05nR5AiNY4)
@MickFleetwood you are so busy telling the world how “unhappy” the band was. It would have been nice if you told Lindsey that. He’s still wondering what happened. You are a dishonest coward and I have zero respect for you.That goes for all of you FM,you really suck @fleetwoodmac

WalshFan88
03-10-2019, 05:20 PM
Well one thing is for sure - I don't think Lindsey will ever be back in Fleetwood Mac. That bridge is burnt I think.

But I say go Kristin! But he definitely won't be in the band ever again I don't think. I'm sure glad I saw them when I did. That was Fleetwood Mac.

New Kid In Town
03-11-2019, 06:54 AM
Well, reading Kristen's twitter account, the fans have seen through Mick's bs statement. Austin, I agree with you - I can't see him getting back with FM. Hopefully, Lindsey will just worry about getting better and enjoy his wife and children. Hope he is doing better and on the road to recovery.

FreyFollower
03-11-2019, 09:44 AM
Considering all that Lindsey has been through lately with his health, it seems particularly callous for Mick to be talking about all of FM's "unhappiness". If he wasn't going to say what really happened, he should have been decent enough to just say that their reasons were a private matter. I think that her husband's condition is part of what got Kristen so fired up.

sodascouts
03-16-2019, 04:43 PM
Considering all that Lindsey has been through lately with his health, it seems particularly callous for Mick to be talking about all of FM's "unhappiness". If he wasn't going to say what really happened, he should have been decent enough to just say that their reasons were a private matter. I think that her husband's condition is part of what got Kristen so fired up.

It didn't take them long after Lindsey's heart attack to get back to criticizing him, did it?

WalshFan88
03-16-2019, 04:57 PM
It didn't take them long after Lindsey's heart attack to get back to criticizing him, did it?

Nope.

It is really just sad.

shunlvswx
03-17-2019, 01:52 PM
To tell you the truth. I really didn't believe their sympathy. I kinda knew they didn't care and just did that so people would think they care. They need to come up with a better excuse then we were unhappy. That line is so old.

shunlvswx
03-18-2019, 08:46 PM
Mick and now Christine admit they fired Lindsey because they were tired of the feud between Stevie and Lindsey. Again. It’s the him or me situation. Stevie won and Lindsey is out. I see why Kristen is pissed. I don’t blame her.

https://www.stratfordbeaconherald.com/entertainment/music/fleetwood-mac-chose-to-ditch-lindsey-buckingham-over-stevie-nicks-feud/wcm/0a2e6415-72f6-43cd-bfcf-bf34fc4de491

sodascouts
03-18-2019, 11:23 PM
Mick and now Christine admit they fired Lindsey because they were tired of the feud between Stevie and Lindsey. Again. It’s the him or me situation. Stevie won and Lindsey is out. I see why Kristen is pissed. I don’t blame her.

https://www.stratfordbeaconherald.com/entertainment/music/fleetwood-mac-chose-to-ditch-lindsey-buckingham-over-stevie-nicks-feud/wcm/0a2e6415-72f6-43cd-bfcf-bf34fc4de491

I wouldn't say Mick and Christine fired Lindsey because they were tired of a feud. That implies it was their choice after observing the behavior between Stevie and Lindsey. However, it was actually a decision that was forced upon them because Stevie refused to work with Lindsey. In their words:

"Mick, 71, explained: 'The truth is, call it what you want, a parting of company took place, and it had to take place, and it was supported by the remaining band members around something that for sure was a major problem to two people – Lindsey and Stevie.'

Christine, 75, collaborated on a joint album with her former colleague as recently as 2017, believed the rest of the group had to 'make a choice' as she feared for their future if action wasn’t taken. 'It was the only route we could take, because there was too much animosity between certain members of the band at that point, there was just no way it could’ve gone on as a five-piece, a group with Lindsey in the band. So it was either just completely break up the band or make the best of it,' she confessed."

Translation: Stevie insisted, and they gave in.

CAinOH
03-22-2019, 03:28 PM
Another article, pretty much the same as t'other one, but I want to quote from this one. Here's the link:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/fleetwood-mac-members-dish-on-lindsey-buckinghams-2018-firing/ar-BBV1bF7?li=BBnbhK0

Says Mick Fleetwood:

"We were not happy. It is no secret that Lindsey and Stevie are in a continuum Liz Taylor/ Richard Burton type of life, and it went in and out of valleys and mountaintops and God knows what through the years - that support really could not be given to ask the situation to continue. It was too challenging," he said. "Someone in some interview said, 'What'd you do, fire him?' You can say that if you want but I think that's an ugly word, knowing what this man has done in the ranks of Fleetwood Mac…"

Dude, if you're gonna fire some one, own up to it. Seriously?

Mick's response does not surprise me. However, what Christine McVie's response does:

Still, Christine says is was a "really bad time" for the group and for her personally, as she had no problem with the guitarist.

"I loved working with him but I did see the point and I did see what the problem was," she said. "And you know, we're a democracy and we have to kind of make the best of a bad job. As it turns out, what we have now is better than what we ever had before."

Uh, sure... Keep telling yourself that, Christine. You may eventually believe it, but I doubt long-time Fleetwood Mac fans will.

sodascouts
03-22-2019, 04:43 PM
"We were not happy. It is no secret that Lindsey and Stevie are in a continuum Liz Taylor/ Richard Burton type of life, and it went in and out of valleys and mountaintops and God knows what through the years - that support really could not be given to ask the situation to continue. It was too challenging," he said. "Someone in some interview said, 'What'd you do, fire him?' You can say that if you want but I think that's an ugly word, knowing what this man has done in the ranks of Fleetwood Mac…"

I love how he acts all outraged that people are calling it a firing, playing the victim. The victim is the guy who just had the heart attack, Mick. Firing is an ugly word, but the action is even uglier. If you didn't want to be called out for it, you shouldn't have done it.

Still, Christine says is was a "really bad time" for the group and for her personally, as she had no problem with the guitarist.

"I loved working with him but I did see the point and I did see what the problem was," she said. "And you know, we're a democracy and we have to kind of make the best of a bad job. As it turns out, what we have now is better than what we ever had before."

How can she say "it's better than what we ever had before" when all they're doing is playing the music they made with the man they had before?

If your new lineup is better than the lineup who was responsible for Rumours, then why aren't you creating new music with them and playing that?

COME. ON.

New Kid In Town
03-23-2019, 09:59 AM
I love how he acts all outraged that people are calling it a firing, playing the victim. The victim is the guy who just had the heart attack, Mick. Firing is an ugly word, but the action is even uglier. If you didn't want to be called out for it, you shouldn't have done it.

How can she say "it's better than what we ever had before" when all they're doing is playing the music they made with the man they had before?

If your new lineup is better than the lineup who was responsible for Rumours, then why aren't you creating new music with them and playing that?

COME. ON.

Soda - Exactly ! Can't face up to the fact that they FIRED HIM - call it want ever you want Mick but you can't fool your fans. And for Christine to say it is better than it ever was - really ! What a sad joke for her to say that after she toured with him last year.

Delilah
03-29-2019, 04:56 PM
Christine saying “it’s better than what we had before” is a standard line that band members regularly state about their current line-up. Nobody in her position is going to say, “it was better before when we had so-and-so but this line-up is ok too.” I’m just saying I wouldn’t put too much stock in her statement, it’s sounds like PR stuff...although it is conceivable that there is less tension and friction in the band now...

WalshFan88
03-29-2019, 09:16 PM
The only lessened band tension I can think of is Stevie not whining because she doesn't have control. When Lindsey was there she couldn't have it go her way all the time. She had to share.

So if the tension is less in Fleetwood Mac now, it's because the others don't have to listen to Stevie complain about Lindsey and the fact that he wouldn't bend to her every command. Which, yeah it would be nice and probably be less tension, lol. She's used to "yes ma'am" people. Lindsey Buckingham was not one of those people. He wanted to have a say in the band, which he very much deserved. I say go Lindsey!

03-30-2019, 11:34 AM

Yeah - I have to assume that Christine was referring to the band being better in terms of personal dynamics rather than musically. At least I sure hope that's what she meant. And, if that's the case, I agree the translation is Stevie is happier, therefore, everyone is happier. Sad - but, it's obvious who calls the shots - and, with this band at the twilight of its career, she couldn't separate the personal stuff from the business.

But, sometimes it's just better to say nothing at all, which is what I wish Christine had done.

shunlvswx
05-18-2019, 03:51 PM
Update on Lindsey. Well kinda.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxm4EoBno79/?igshid=14114sdtyvqti

sodascouts
05-18-2019, 06:20 PM
It's definitely better than radio silence. I am excited that he's playing and looking good.

shunlvswx
05-18-2019, 08:49 PM
It was so good to see lindsey up and about and helping his daughter. This is good and I hope his voice is back. Baby steps.

I hope we're hear from Lindsey soon.

05-19-2019, 11:25 AM
Thanks for posting that, shun. Lindsey looks great and very much the proud papa. Of course, everyone is pulling for him to have a full recovery. :pray:

Dawn
05-19-2019, 01:10 PM
Thanks for posting that, shun. Lindsey looks great and very much the proud papa. Of course, everyone is pulling for him to have a full recovery. :pray:

Ditto. So thankful Lindsey is doing well and has the love and support of family, friends and fans as he continues on the path to recovery. Blessings to all.

shunlvswx
05-26-2019, 10:07 PM
Kristen posted on her twitter page on May 20th that they were meeting with a vocal specialist out east. I pray that they got some good news from that appointment and Lindsey can get his singing voice back.

New Kid In Town
05-27-2019, 08:04 AM
Thanks for keeping us up to date Shun. Wishing Lindsey a complete recovery.

Brooke
05-29-2019, 03:26 PM
Thanks shun! Good news!

groupie2686
06-10-2019, 01:50 PM
So I am completely late to the party here, but I was watching some YouTube videos of Fleetwood Mac over the weekend and never before realized what an energetic, entertaining performer Lindsey is. So much energy and intensity. I had listened to their music but was never much of a fan before, and I was totally impressed. I've never seen anyone play guitar like that before!

sodascouts
06-11-2019, 04:22 PM
So I am completely late to the party here, but I was watching some YouTube videos of Fleetwood Mac over the weekend and never before realized what an energetic, entertaining performer Lindsey is. So much energy and intensity. I had listened to their music but was never much of a fan before, and I was totally impressed. I've never seen anyone play guitar like that before!

He really is one-of-a-kind!

WalshFan88
06-17-2019, 11:46 PM
Here's hoping he gets good news with the specialist.

shunlvswx
10-03-2019, 11:55 AM
Happy 70th Birthday to Lindsey. I hope he's doing well. Kristen has been quiet lately about Lindsey and I really hope he's ok.

To this day. I would love to hear the story behind Don asking Lindsey to sing and play on the Building The Perfect Beast album. I don't think I've seen an interview when that was brought up.

Brooke
10-03-2019, 01:24 PM
Yes, it would be great to hear how he's doing.

Happy birthday Lindsey! Hope this finds you doing well! :birthday:

sodascouts
10-05-2019, 03:07 PM
Happy 70th Birthday to Lindsey. I hope he's doing well. Kristen has been quiet lately about Lindsey and I really hope he's ok.

To this day. I would love to hear the story behind Don asking Lindsey to sing and play on the Building The Perfect Beast album. I don't think I've seen an interview when that was brought up.

Happy birthday to him, a bit late!

The most recent I've heard was a social media post a couple months ago by a fan who met him in a grocery store. She said he couldn't speak above a whisper. :(

I think the BTPB album was simply a case of them being connected by their mutual manager, Azoff. I could be wrong, though.

sodascouts
12-20-2019, 01:26 PM
We feared he'd never perform live again... but Lindsey Buckingham is booked for the Beale Street Music Festival in Memphis!!!

https://www.jambase.com/article/beale-street-music-festival-lineup-2020

PRAISE GOD!!!

shunlvswx
12-20-2019, 02:37 PM
Hallelujah. It's a miracle. I don't know if this will be his first concert since his surgery, but I have a feeling we might see dates later.

Lindsey and Kristen has been quiet for months. They probably will be saying something soon.

If Lindsey is getting help from the east coast, thank you doctors for getting his voice back. It may not be the same again, but he's back.

I want to see the show.

NightMistBlue
12-20-2019, 04:33 PM
That's wonderful news! I was really concerned after such a long time without hearing anything.

KingWalsh
12-20-2019, 07:33 PM
So great to hear. Lindsey is amazing.

12-21-2019, 01:14 PM
Thanks for letting us know, Soda. That is awesome news - so happy Lindsey is doing well.

Brooke
12-23-2019, 03:19 PM
Great news! I'm glad he is evidently doing much better!

sodascouts
12-30-2019, 12:53 PM
I was thinking that in the past, he's used backing tracks to enhance his vocals, and we've talked before about how Don Felder lips syncs. Perhaps that will help him keep from straining his voice too much.

shunlvswx
01-01-2020, 07:49 PM
Updated picture of Lindsey. He's looking good.

https://twitter.com/kbchrush/status/1212476345076203520?s=21

groupie2686
01-02-2020, 10:35 AM
Glad to see he's doing better!

01-02-2020, 02:17 PM
Amen! Lindsey's looking great and I'm betting he's eager to get back to work.

shunlvswx
01-02-2020, 02:19 PM
I would love to go to the Memphis show. I wonder what day he will be at the festival?

sodascouts
01-04-2020, 06:52 PM
I would love to go to the Memphis show. I wonder what day he will be at the festival?

Let me know if you decide to go!

NightMistBlue
01-05-2020, 02:50 PM
Thank you for the photo, Shun. His eyes look peaceful.

shunlvswx
02-11-2020, 02:47 PM
Lindsey is back. He's touring this spring. I knew more dates were coming.

I'm just happy his voice is back.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B8b57t_hboo/?igshid=j4dkpxgx90g5

NightMistBlue
02-11-2020, 03:05 PM
Yeee-ha! That's very good news. Thank you, Shun!

New Kid In Town
02-11-2020, 07:19 PM
That's great new ! I am also happy he has his voice back and is able to get back on the road.

sodascouts
02-11-2020, 08:50 PM
SO exciting! I'm going to Huntsville as well as Memphis.

KingWalsh
02-12-2020, 10:14 AM
Awesome shun! Th a is for the news! Hoping for CT area show. :rockguitar:

groupie2686
02-12-2020, 09:52 PM
I wish I could see him, he's not coming anywhere near me! I'm happy he has his voice back!

sodascouts
02-13-2020, 08:00 PM
Got my tickets to Huntsville!

FIRST ROW CENTER!!!!

KingWalsh
02-13-2020, 08:19 PM
Wha????? Soda so jealous! Have a blast!!!

Brooke
02-14-2020, 03:49 PM
Wow! Congrats on getting an awesome seat!

New Kid In Town
02-14-2020, 06:11 PM
Got my tickets to Huntsville!

FIRST ROW CENTER!!!!

WOW - Congratulations Soda on the amazing seat ! Have a wonderful time !

02-15-2020, 01:24 PM
Wow Soda! So glad you scored a primo seat!

Lindsey will love having one of his biggest hardcores front and center.

I wish he were playing something close to me, but he doesn't have any East coast dates as far as I can tell.

sodascouts
02-15-2020, 07:11 PM
Thanks guys! I'm going to Memphis as well, but that's festival. My "seat" won't be nearly as good for that one!

sodascouts
03-22-2020, 12:09 AM
The Beale Street Music Festival has been postponed, but I'm not sure if Lindsey will be playing the new date. I hope so.

Lindsey put out a statement that he's not playing his May dates, but no news yet as to whether the Huntsville show will be postponed or simply cancelled. Fingers crossed!

KingWalsh
03-22-2020, 02:54 AM
Good luck Soda!
It’ll be interesting to see how all these concerts will be rescheduled and such. I was supposed to see John Fogerty in April, his site says postponed, yet they are still selling tickets via Ticketmaster and Foxwoods Casino. :confused:

shunlvswx
03-23-2020, 07:17 PM
And he speaks. Well not really. Lindsey post on his Instagram page. Also. Lindsey plays guitar on the Killers song, Cautious.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-GAofbhLt6/?igshid=affjps68eph

shunlvswx
03-24-2020, 01:10 PM
Lindsay's April and May dates are postponed. He just posted it on his Facebook page.

sodascouts
04-01-2020, 09:12 PM
So glad the dates are not cancelled!

CAinOH
04-14-2020, 01:50 PM
Ignore/Delete if this is duplicate information, but here's a list of rescheduled dates for Lindsey's tour:

Lindsey Buckingham 2020 Tour (Tickets are available at Ticketmaster.com (https://ticketmaster.evyy.net/c/166800/264167/4272?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ticketmaster.com%2Fartist %2F734662))To Be Rescheduled
May 03 – Memphis, TN – Beale Street Music Festival
May 05 – Atlanta, GA – Woodruff Arts Center
May 12 – Tucson, AZ – Fox Tucson Theatre
May 13 – El Cajon, CA – Magnolia PAC
New Dates
Jul 31 – St. Louis, MO – The Pageant (was May 1)
Aug 02 – Kansas City, MO – Uptown Theater (was Apr 30)
Aug 04 – Wichita, KS – Orpheum Theatre (was May 9)
Aug 05 – Oklahoma City, OK – The Criterion (was May 10)
Aug 07 – Boulder, CO – Boulder Theater (was April 28)
Aug 15 – Las Vegas, NV – The Smith Center for the Perf. Arts (was Apr 25)
Aug 29 – Huntsville, AL – Von Braun Center (was May 7)
Aug 30 – Knoxville, TN – Bijou Theatre (was May 6)

From this link: https://bestclassicbands.com/lindsey-buckingham-reschedules-tour-2020-4-13-20/?fbclid=IwAR3u0C1F8s21kw0AY4j9p_UjyvOag2RJrmSor018 F4IzTeST7ySAf05cK7o

04-15-2020, 08:23 PM
Interesting that these shows have been rescheduled given the current situation. I'd be surprised if those May dates don't get cancelled.

New Kid In Town
04-17-2020, 09:57 AM
Interesting that these shows have been rescheduled given the current situation. I'd be surprised if those May dates don't get cancelled.

I agree. I am also surprised they have not been cancelled or rescheduled. Especially since Lindsey is in the "At Risk" age.

CAinOH
04-17-2020, 04:33 PM
I think that was done in more optimistic times. I don't see concerts (outside of small clubs) happening at all in 2020.

CAinOH
08-10-2020, 12:02 PM
Lindsey is singing again!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/watch-lindsey-buckingham-sing-for-first-time-since-heart-surgery/ar-BB17N2ad?li=BBnbhK0

shunlvswx
08-10-2020, 06:23 PM
Its so good to hear Lindsey singing again. They said he probably couldn’t sing again after his vocal cords were damaged, but here he is. He beat the odds. Still sounding great. I can’t believe they thought he would never sing again.

If the vocal specialist out east was the one to get his singing voice back, thank you.

Does anybody hear anything different in his voice? It sounds about the same it was pre the damage.

NightMistBlue
08-10-2020, 06:52 PM
Here’s a link to the Rolling Stone article https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/watch-lindsey-buckingham-sing-for-first-time-since-heart-surgery-1041717/amp/

LuvTim
08-10-2020, 10:22 PM
Here’s a link to the Rolling Stone article https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/watch-lindsey-buckingham-sing-for-first-time-since-heart-surgery-1041717/amp/
Thanks, NMB! Talking about recognizing the important things in life ("the essentials,") Lindsey makes a very good point!
I'm so happy he's singing again. Bravo!

NightMistBlue
08-11-2020, 09:09 AM
I didn’t have time to watch the whole thing, I just listened to “Trouble” to hear how his voice is. I’ll watch today.
It’s so strange (and wonderful!) to see LB in this context, in an office chair during a Zoom meeting. So glad to see he’s doing well.

New Kid In Town
08-11-2020, 03:19 PM
Yeah, I am so happy to hear Lindsey has his voice back. Sounds like Lindsey is in a good frame of mind.
CA - Thanks for posting.

groupie2686
08-11-2020, 10:05 PM
I just tried to watch this and it said the video was blocked on copyright grounds. Is this posted anywhere else? I'm glad Lindsey is doing well.

KingWalsh
08-12-2020, 09:29 AM
I've tried looking around can't find. Too bad. He is so talented. Very unique style. Cheers to his health!

shunlvswx
10-21-2020, 08:39 PM
Here’s Lindsey doing the drinking cranberry juice on a horse listening Dreams.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGnnsDTCJHA/?igshid=1hl0upngdqye2

sodascouts
10-25-2020, 11:24 PM
Hilarious, isn’t it? They’re all getting in on it! I have a house guest here now who is a fan and we have been watching all these tik toks - Stevie’s and Mick’s too.

KingWalsh
10-26-2020, 08:12 AM
Cheers to Lindsey! Giddyup! Love it.

shunlvswx
11-12-2020, 12:36 PM
Lindsey will do a 45 minute intimate concert from his home on December 5th at 5:30pm Pacific Time. Tickets are 15 dollars. Tickets go on sale this Friday at 7:00am Pacific time.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHfr0BYCrl5/?igshid=nc3ip7hvw9qz

Link to buy tickets
https://arcivr.live/store/athome

groupie2686
11-12-2020, 08:14 PM
Lindsey will do a 45 minute intimate concert from his home. on December 5th at 5:30pm Pacific Time. Tickets are 15 dollars. Tickets go on sale this Friday at 7:00am Pacific time.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHfr0BYCrl5/?igshid=nc3ip7hvw9qz

Link to buy tickets
https://arcivr.live/store/athome

I'm so excited about this, I'm definitely going to do this!

More artists should do this, what an amazing idea!

KingWalsh
11-13-2020, 08:36 AM
So cool looking forward to it! Thanks shun! :thumbsup:

11-14-2020, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the heads up, shun. I hope this goes well for Lindsey. As it gets closer to the time, I'll decide if I'm going to 'go'.