PDA

View Full Version : Lindsey Buckingham

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Delilah
11-14-2020, 05:48 PM
Sounds like it’ll be a good show and how great for Lindsey after what he’s been through. This is something I’m interested in checking out! Thank you, Shun.

sodascouts
11-16-2020, 01:01 AM
I've got my ticket!

NightMistBlue
11-23-2020, 07:16 PM
That sounds cool.

shunlvswx
11-30-2020, 01:04 PM
I got my tickets. Their also is going to be an Q&A with Lindsey before the concert. Its already sold out. That was $150.00.

KingWalsh
12-04-2020, 10:32 AM
My daughter got hers and I’m tagging along 8)

KingWalsh
12-06-2020, 11:58 AM
So we “watched”. Unfortunately we had numerous glitches/ refreshes. Missed “bleed to love her” and others, it kept freezing didn’t see one song all the way through. . Hoping we can try again today. However what we heard was AMAZING. “Go Insane....wow” His voice was very strong and so cool just him and his guitars. I hope Vets Aid doesn’t have the freezing and blackouts that this had.

sodascouts
12-07-2020, 01:12 AM
It was great! Too bad about the glitch, but I got to watch it again today, and loved it. Hope he does more.

KingWalsh
12-07-2020, 10:00 AM
So we re-watched. Wow we missed so much live .lol! He was great! Voice was strong. Guitar was perfect as expected. Hard to pick favorite. But, Big Love always stands out, but dang what a great set. Fingers crossed for that late summer tour :pray:

shunlvswx
12-07-2020, 10:13 AM
I'm so happy to see Lindsey back singing. I can't believe it was almost 2 years that they told him he might sing again. Talk about miracles. Lindsey is sounding great and who would had thought that we might not hear his voice again.

Thank you to those doctors on the east coast for getting his singing voice back.:applause:

Did anybody do the Q&A before the concert?

shunlvswx
12-07-2020, 04:53 PM
I just got an email. They are extending the view of the concert until this Saturday. When I have time, I will go back in watch it since we had so many problems on Saturday.

Is it me or did it look like Lindsey dyed his hair. I know his hair was more gray with some black, but it looks like he had his hair dyed.

sodascouts
12-09-2020, 12:11 AM
Is it me or did it look like Lindsey dyed his hair. I know his hair was more gray with some black, but it looks like he had his hair dyed.
hmm. Well, it wouldn’t surprise me. He’s done it before.

I didn’t do the Q&A but I read about it. He said he was considering collaborating with Mick!

shunlvswx
12-09-2020, 08:43 AM
If I went, I would had loved to know the story of Don asking Lindsey to sing and play on his Building The Perfect Beast album.

sodascouts
12-09-2020, 11:23 AM
If I went, I would had loved to know the story of Don asking Lindsey to sing and play on his Building The Perfect Beast album.
I don’t think he’s ever been asked that question. It’s a good one!

shunlvswx
12-09-2020, 12:09 PM
I don’t think he’s ever been asked that question. It’s a good one!

I don't think Don has been asked that question either. I would to hear both men's story.

groupie2686
12-10-2020, 11:25 PM

I haven't heard that! Did Lindsey play on the album?

I had technical issues getting into it too. I still have to go back and watch what I missed. He sounded great though!

shunlvswx
12-11-2020, 09:51 AM
He sang background and played guitar on You Can't Make Love. You can hear Lindsey a little on that song.

Scamp
12-13-2020, 08:33 AM
If you get AXSTV they are having a Lindsey Buckingham with special guest Stevie Nicks on at 12PM PST today. There also is a Fleetwood Mac concert right after it, 1-3 PM and a Stevie Nicks concert after that, 3PM. Stevie Nicks is on again at 11:00 PM and Fleetwood Mac follows her.

NightMistBlue
01-05-2021, 07:53 PM
More musicians - I’m talking about the big-time cats - are selling their catalog. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.billboard.com/amp/articles/business/9507040/lindsey-buckingham-catalog-hipgnosis-publishing-songwriting/

FreyFollower
01-06-2021, 12:24 AM
More musicians - I’m talking about the big-time cats - are selling their catalog. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.billboard.com/amp/articles/business/9507040/lindsey-buckingham-catalog-hipgnosis-publishing-songwriting/

These are incredibly difficult times for musicians. I'm afraid some folks may be taken advantage of. For artists like Lindsey, (who presumably have plenty of money), they obviously made them an offer that seemed foolish to decline. Still, with most songwriters considering their songs their children, it has to be an excruciating decision to make. They will have no say as to how their songs are presented (questionable advertising, etc,), added to, or deconstructed, I assume.

sodascouts
01-07-2021, 11:48 AM
These are incredibly difficult times for musicians. I'm afraid some folks may be taken advantage of. For artists like Lindsey, (who presumably have plenty of money), they obviously made them an offer that seemed foolish to decline. Still, with most songwriters considering their songs their children, it has to be an excruciating decision to make. They will have no say as to how their songs are presented (questionable advertising, etc,), added to, or deconstructed, I assume.

Stevie did it a few weeks ago. We're going to hear a lot of their songs on commercials now, see their images on T-shirts in Hot Topic, etc. I guess it's the way of the world.

shunlvswx
01-07-2021, 12:18 PM
I think I heard one of Fleetwood Mac's songs in the commercial. I heard Go Your Own Way and I know I heard another one.

NightMistBlue
03-23-2021, 01:34 PM
Here's a clip of Lindsey playing the stunningly gorgeous Fender Acoustasonic Jazzmaster. I don't know when this was done but the guitar is a brand new launch so it would have to be pretty recent. Linds looks and sounds great. https://www.fender.com/articles/artists/re-creation-lindsey-buckingham

KingWalsh
03-24-2021, 03:41 AM
Wow thanks again NMB. Nice write up too. Another under appreciated guitar hero.

NightMistBlue
06-09-2021, 12:43 PM
Oh my gosh, I wasn't expecting this news. Lindsey splitting with his wife. Sad.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9665721/Fleetwood-Macs-Lindsey-Buckingham-splits-wife-21-YEARS-Kristen-Messner.html

NightMistBlue
06-09-2021, 01:00 PM
In happier news though, Mr. B. has a new album and has announced some tour dates. http://www.lindseybuckingham.com/#

New Kid In Town
06-09-2021, 08:22 PM
Oh my gosh, I wasn't expecting this news. Lindsey splitting with his wife. Sad.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9665721/Fleetwood-Macs-Lindsey-Buckingham-splits-wife-21-YEARS-Kristen-Messner.html

Wow, that's a shame. They always seemed so happy together.

It came up on my FB page that he will be doing a concert in NYC Town Hall Sept 16th and Atlantic City on Sept. 18th.

groupie2686
06-09-2021, 09:01 PM
I'm sorry to hear that...first he was fired from Fleetwood Mac, then the heart attack, and now this...he can't catch a break!

I'm glad to see he's touring again though...the music industry seems on its way back to normal.

Ive always been a dreamer
06-15-2021, 12:32 PM
I agree with everyone's sentiments about Lindsey splitting with his wife. I, too, thought they were very happy together and am sad to learn about their breakup.

KingWalsh
06-23-2021, 05:02 AM
I was surprised too. What a shame. Hoping the best for both. Heard he might be coming to CT....fingers crossed

CAinOH
08-09-2021, 11:11 AM
Lindsey is saying Mick Fleetwood wants him back in Fleetwood Mac... but it's really up to Stevie.

https://ew.com/music/lindsey-buckingham-fleetwood-mac-return/

08-09-2021, 11:45 AM
Thanks for posting that CA. I have never sided with Stevie about outsting Lindsey. IMO, it's not Fleetwood Mac without them both. Stevie needs to drop the diva and do what's best for the band in the twilight of its career.

KingWalsh
08-10-2021, 04:08 AM
Thanks for sharing CA. Couldn’t of said it better dreamer. Lindsey is such a huge part of that band.

New Kid In Town
08-12-2021, 07:19 AM
Lindsey is saying Mick Fleetwood wants him back in Fleetwood Mac... but it's really up to Stevie.

https://ew.com/music/lindsey-buckingham-fleetwood-mac-return/

Oh brother !!! I guess we all knew that would happen...... Stevie cancelled her tour for 2021 and rescheduled tent. for 2022.

WalshFan88
08-23-2021, 03:47 PM
Mick, John, and Christine really didn't want to see Lindsey go. I believe that with every fiber of my being. I love Stevie so much, but she can really be a diva at times and not be able to let things go and basically held FM for ransom to get back at Lindsey over a real or perceived non-verbal slight at an awards show. And I'm not convinced Stevie doesn't regret her move here. I think Lindsey and Stevie kind of need each other at this point. Not romantically, but in a way that they need that tension and conflict. The band benefits.

As far as the new lineup, hey I love Mike Campbell. The guy is a hugely underrated player too. He's not the bad guy in this at all. Neither is Neil Finn. But Lindsey they are not! I think part of this deal was getting Mike into a band after Tom Petty's passing. I get it. You didn't want Mike to be left at home and somber. But he has his The Dirty Knobs project and other things to do. Maybe bring Mike into your solo band next to Waddy Wachtel or something. But bringing in Mike to have him feel better into a band that he had nothing to do with, so you could get back at Lindsey is robbing Peter to pay Paul. Even Mike will tell you the Lindsey/Stevie era isn't his favorite music, too pop or whatever and that the reason he took the gig was promise of doing some older Peter Green-era blues material and being able to stretch out the other songs to fit his style. If he had to just play Rumours-era stuff, I doubt he would have taken the gig. Tom Petty, other than having some radio-friendly hits, was very anti-pop. I mean that's why he passed on TBOS.

KingWalsh
08-24-2021, 04:12 AM
Love new avatar Walshfan88…gotta get me self a copy.

I know Neil and Mike aren’t bad but to me they are just out of place. Sorry. I haven’t seen them in concert, but watched some YouTube stuff, I am aware phones don’t capture the best audio. However it just seemed to not have that spark ya know? You’re right Campbell is very underrated, however his hopes of playing more Peter Green era stuff with the band seems like wishful thinking.

when Lindsey did the livestream he sounded great, and I was watching some Fleetwood Mac Live on YouTube the other night and he has so much passion that the band is missing out on. I’d love to see them live but ages are getting up there. Chances are slim….might see Rumours of Fleetwood Mac tribute band in October. Happened to see them on PBS and was surprised to see that they are coming to my area.

08-24-2021, 07:23 PM
Yep - If I'm going to see any of my favorite bands anymore, I think it'll probably be a tribute band.

NightMistBlue
09-08-2021, 12:45 PM
A new interview with Linds, talking about his current life and music situation. He's been spending time with his estranged wife, but they're not sure what the future holds. Too early to call it a reconciliation. https://dnyuz.com/2021/09/08/lindsey-buckingham-has-survived-it-all/

KingWalsh
09-10-2021, 08:50 AM
Great read. NMB. Thanks for posting. Insight a plenty. Love to see them reconcile.

09-10-2021, 10:53 PM
Well - Looks like any reconciliation may be on hold. Stevie fires back and even Irving gets in on the FM drama ...

https://bestlifeonline.com/stevie-nicks-lindsey-buckingham-news/

chaim
09-11-2021, 07:10 AM
I've never listened to Fleetwood Mac - with or without Perer Green - but I tend to be on Lindsey's side on this. Having said that, I don't think it was nice of him to talk about about Stevie's personal life in public like that. (No children and therefore lonely...) Stevie was understandably upset about that one IMHO.

09-11-2021, 10:15 AM
I agree chaim and I stand by everything I've said about Lindsey's firing. I've never said that Lindsey doesn't bear some responsibility for what happened. However, I also don't believe that he is fully responsible for it either. From everything that I've read, most people think Stevie was the main impetus behind his dismissal and there was a 'me or him' ultimatum whether spoken or implied. TBH, I think there is disfunction on all sides in this band. But, that's definitely not anything new and, at this point in their career, they should have continued with the Rumours line-up or just stopped altogether. JMHO

New Kid In Town
09-11-2021, 12:54 PM
Chaim & Dreamer - I totally agree. I don't believe a word Stevie says about her not being responsible for Lindsey's firing. However, I do think it was a very low blow with the statement Lindsey said about Stevie''s personal life choices and he should have kept them to himself. It seems the two of them can never just let it drop/end. Even in their 70's they keep rehashing the same things over and over. It sure gets very tiring. This is so sad because I love FWM.

FreyFollower
09-12-2021, 09:16 AM
:steviesmack::steviesmack::argue: AAAUUUGGGHHHH! You'd think that they would find "adulting" easier at this stage! They seem so focused on themselves,they aren't even aware when they are hurtful to one another. 'Just gotta get that last jab in. If they ever truly want to mend fences and get back together, why would they say unflattering things to the press? Not the way reconciliation works, guys!
It reminds me of the Radney Foster song..."Nobody wins, we both lose, when we light that same old fuse again again...."

sodascouts
09-19-2021, 10:59 PM
I was listening to an interview of Lindsey's and man... I'm really conflicted. I basically agree with what's being said here. It's pretty obvious Stevie's the one responsible for the firing but Lindsey's statement about her personal choices, especially after he's fresh off a divorce... that's really tacky.

Sigh.

The drama will never stop with those two!

I just want them reconciled and making music together again, but that looks less and less likely.

KingWalsh
09-23-2021, 07:42 AM
:steviesmack::steviesmack::argue: AAAUUUGGGHHHH! You'd think that they would find "adulting" easier at this stage! They seem so focused on themselves,they aren't even aware when they are hurtful to one another. 'Just gotta get that last jab in. If they ever truly want to mend fences and get back together, why would they say unflattering things to the press? Not the way reconciliation works, guys!
It reminds me of the Radney Foster song..."Nobody wins, we both lose, when we light that same old fuse again again...."

I know someone like this. Always has to get the last word, no matter how cruel it may be. Very frustrating. Not cool at all Lindsey said that.

WalshFan88
09-23-2021, 03:55 PM
Yeah that was highly inappropriate for Lindsey to talk about Stevie's love life (or lack thereof by her own choice!). It's not his business and has no place in talks about the band situation. And it's certainly not his place to be giving dating advice considering he just got divorced from his wife who was with him for many years. It sounds like whatever life coaching Lindsey wants to give Stevie, maybe he should try himself first. It reeks of tackiness as Soda stated but also complete irony. It's like he doesn't even care how it looks.

I *do* believe Stevie was being a diva about Lindsey's non-verbal smirking at MusicCares and using the band as ransom to get back at him. And I do believe there is no FM without Lindsey. But still, that was just a lame attempt at trying to personally attack Stevie in a way that has no place in any rational argument or negotiation. It makes his claim about wanting reconciliation seem very insincere at best and an outright lie at worst. This dig almost certainly has sealed his fate in terms of coming back to the Mac. I think Mick, Christine, and John would totally side with Stevie here on this latest drama, despite the fact I truly believe none of those 3 wanted him gone when he was first fired.

NightMistBlue
10-14-2021, 10:05 PM
Did anyone here see Lindsey on Saturday Night Live? I missed it but one of my nephews said he performed with Halsey.

10-15-2021, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the info, NMB. I didn't see it either, but here is a YouTube video ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H099BjA6FKk

Very pretty song, but not sold on Halsey's 'dress'.

KingWalsh
10-16-2021, 09:52 AM
Thanks for posting i missed it! Will definitely watch later :cool:

shunlvswx
10-18-2021, 12:19 PM
I kinda missed it. My co-worker changed the channel to NBC and I notice Lindsey was on SNL. So I went back to the Peacock app and watch their part.

Lindsey is looking great. Its just amazing that we are lucky to see Lindsey singing again. He was told he won't be able to sing again, but look at him now.

NightMistBlue
10-30-2021, 10:46 AM
Thank you for posting the video. I don’t understand why the comments on YouTube seem to indicate that the song is about a baby she lost, but according to Google results, baby son Ender is alive and well.

Anyhoo, Halsey can wear that outfit for Halloween (that’s not a knock); it’s like a steampunk witch, very elegant.

sodascouts
11-06-2021, 01:49 PM
The SNL performance gave me Landslide vibes, the way Lindsey was with her.

Has anyone else purchased Lindsey’s new album? What do you think?

I think it isn't his best work, but it’s not bad, and some of the numbers are catchy. I especially like “Swan Song.” Seems very much about Stevie, but I’m into that, lol.

shunlvswx
12-20-2021, 04:37 PM
Soda. Lindsey will be Memphis for the Beale Street Music Festival. I think this was when he was supposed to be there last year.

https://www.facebook.com/memphisinmay/photos/a.191996463420/10159741206073421/?__cft__%5B0%5D=AZXhdbkhUyD2L57yMmhj6zg-16fbOuW7go0fEa92JYskYkbDf7LI3LFkdkHuiaknpvYelr3cL3 uPjrBFJ4mU3ssfhRFL8MfsVnLABPOFfdKhhW3OwmsLsWcZkgUx yg-pA23nM4ape-XFPIf64_8MBaWm&__tn__=EH-R

sodascouts
12-21-2021, 07:22 PM
I'm excited about Lindsey coming to Memphis in May. I'll be there! I also just saw him in Sugarland, front row center, and it was amazing! He is obviously fully recovered from his health issues. His guitar and voice were completely on point. I got "I'm So Afraid" played right over me! I wish I could say it was because I'm super-awesome but it's really because I planted myself at the stage in the area where I guessed he would probably be standing during that song and danced up a storm. Sure enough it worked. ;-) The "I'm So Afraid" guitar solo was SMOKIN'. I also got to strum his guitar during "Go Your Own Way" when he came up to the foot of the stage at the end of the show. He's done that in the past, but I wasn't sure he would let audience members do that now because of Covid. Lindsey's decided to live dangerously!

I did the VIP experience and I got to see the soundcheck as a result. It was a cool, but I wish we were still able to get photos and autographs. One more casualty of covid.

I'm eager to see him play again!

12-21-2021, 10:30 PM
Awesome, Soda! So glad Lindsey is fully recovered and performing again.

NightMistBlue
12-23-2021, 06:10 PM
Wow! Very cool that you got to strum Lindsey’s guitar, Soda.

WalshFan88
03-18-2022, 11:41 PM
That's awesome, Soda!

longtimeeaglesfan
05-10-2022, 01:00 PM
I was so disappointed that Lindsey Buckingham didn't make it to Memphis in May Beale Street Music Festival again this year because he contracted Covid. He was supposed to be here in 2019 I believe, but his heart surgery kept him from performing. Then in 20 and 21, the festival itself was cancelled due to Covid.

I'm reminded of those old SNL "What up with that?" skits where Bill Hader portrayed LB as a guest and every time the show ran out of time just before LB was to appear!

Very glad I got to see him on his last tour with Christine McVie and with FM at the Classic West concert in LA. Hope he has recovered and doing well.

WalshFan88
05-12-2022, 05:09 PM
Just saw on Instagram that Lindsey has COVID. :( I’m on the road so I can’t post the picture but his European tour is on hold.

05-16-2022, 10:35 PM
Hope Lindsey is vaxed and recovering. Wishing him the best for a full recovery.

sodascouts
06-05-2022, 10:47 PM
He has to postpone his European tour as well due to contracting COVID. So sad for those fans - he's never been to Europe as a solo act.

Hope by now he's on the mend. Looks like he's already rescheduled a couple European dates for the fall.