PDA

View Full Version : RIP Ticky

Freypower
12-20-2016, 05:54 PM
I have just learned on Facebook that one of our long standing Borderers, Rhonda Walters Gill aka Ticky, has passed away after a heart attack. She was 54 (an age that is sadly resonant for me regarding my father). She was a devoted Joe Walsh fan.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/image.php?u=172&dateline=1321202474

(Please move this if it's in the wrong forum. While other Borderers have passed away I don't remember where the topics were).

May she rest in peace.

shunlvswx
12-20-2016, 06:14 PM
I remember her. That's sad.

My thoughts and prayers goes out to her family.

sodascouts
12-20-2016, 08:22 PM
I am shocked and terribly saddened to hear this.

I only got to meet Rhonda in person once, in San Jose several years ago. Still, even before then, I felt like I knew her. She'd posted on this board a great deal and always had something entertaining to say. In person, she was just as much fun and then some!

While she hadn't posted here for a while, I kept up with her on Facebook. Her life was full of love and laughter.

I can't believe she's gone.

WalshFan88
12-20-2016, 08:37 PM
So sad to hear.

RIP Ticky/Rhonda.

Prettymaid
12-20-2016, 09:09 PM
Just came here to share in the sadness of Ticky's death. She and I shared a love for our favorite Eagle. Back then there weren't that many Joe fans here, so I always felt a special bond with her. And boy, did she make me laugh. RIP Rhonda.

GlennLover
12-20-2016, 09:09 PM
I was shocked when I read about her death on Facebook. I never got to meet her, but I certainly enjoyed her posts. Too young (younger than me). It's even more difficult when it''s so close to Christmas. RIP Ticky.

Witchy Woman
12-20-2016, 11:42 PM
That's horrible. She seemed like a lovely lady. RIP.

Brooke
12-21-2016, 10:20 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Rhonda's death. I only knew her from here, but she was a great member and was sorry that she didn't post here anymore.

Prayers for all of her family.

Glennsallnighter
12-22-2016, 06:43 AM
I too was shocked to read this. In her own inimitable way she had been posting while she was in hospital - her posts infected with humour (why should I fit in with the nurses schedule.... if I wanna pee, I wanna pee now etc!) and she had been doing bettr. Like other people have said, I never got to meet her but I was in contact with her regularly through FB and the Border. She was funny, artisticcheerful, generous to a tee, devoted to her husband and her lovely girls and a larger than life character with a big heart.

RIP Rhonda / Ticky and of course my sympathies to her parents, her husband and her girls.

Lisa
12-26-2016, 03:46 PM
I send my condolences to Ticky's family. She often wrote lively and interesting posts on the Border's message board.

EagleLady
12-27-2016, 07:13 PM
Oh No :( She was such a lovely person made me laugh a whole lot RIP Rhonda :(

StephUK
12-27-2016, 09:02 PM
So sad. She was a FB friend of mine. We discovered through 'The Border' that we were born on the same day - 13 October 1962.

RIP Rhonda.