PDA

View Full Version : No! Mary Tyler Moore dies, age 80

NightMistBlue
01-25-2017, 03:58 PM
Again I say no! https://www.yahoo.com/tv/mary-tyler-moore-pioneer-on-and-off-the-screen-has-died-194733054.html

shunlvswx
01-25-2017, 04:27 PM
I saw on facebook early today that she was in critical condition and might not make it. So sad.

She was a great actress. I loved her in Six Weeks(which she starred with Dudley Moore. A great, but sad movie) and Just Between Friends. I grew up watching those movies.

I didn't always watched the Mary Tyler Moore reruns in syndication growing up, but I did watch The Dick Van Dyke show reruns.

RIP Mary.

LuvTim
01-25-2017, 04:36 PM
Oh my. This is such sad news. What a tremendous loss. Mary was such a dedicated advocate for the diabetic community: she will be sorely missed.

Love to Mary, her friends and family. My she rest in peace.

carol7lynn
01-25-2017, 05:12 PM
She was a class-act!

CarolC

Freypower
01-25-2017, 05:17 PM
Absolute icon whom I adored. RIP.

buffyfan145
01-25-2017, 05:24 PM
RIP Mary. :( I loved her too and watching her shows when I was little on TVLand. I also loved how she raised so much awareness for Diabetes, especially Type 1 (juvenile/children's) which she had and my own Mom has. She was amazing.

East Texas Girl
01-25-2017, 06:48 PM
So sad. I loved her in the Dick Van Dyke show. I didn't watch the Mary Tyler Moore show as much. RIP Mary.

Witchy Woman
01-26-2017, 01:42 AM
Loved the Dick Van Dyke Show, as well as her namesake show. I loved her most for her fierce devotion to animal rights. RIP, Dear Lady.

sodascouts
01-28-2017, 02:22 AM
RIP to this iconic woman. Not to be trite, but she really did turn the world on with her smile!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Zfti7b31rs

Ive always been a dreamer
01-29-2017, 02:24 PM
Wow - what a huge loss. To me, Mary Tyler Moore represented all that was good about America. She was fantastic in every role she ever played and was almost universally loved. She made the world a better place and will be sorely missed. My heart goes out to her family and loved ones. I'll bet she's lighting up the heavens the same way she did during her time on this earth.

Delilah
01-29-2017, 05:43 PM
A local TV station that shows reruns of old sitcoms is airing a marathon of The Mary Tyler Moore show right now. I remember watching this as a kid, as well as reruns of The Dick Van Dyke Show. Then to see her gripping performance in "Ordinary People," which was such a different role for her. She was quite the actress. RIP.