PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Stone Feb. 1979 "Eagles Working on New Album"

OutlawManNJ
03-03-2017, 07:38 PM
Not sure if this was ever posted here, but Im reading a Rolling Stone magazine from Feb. 22nd, 1979 and here is the article. New Record will be "Mostly about shoes".

zeldabjr
03-03-2017, 11:22 PM
interesting article...I wonder who decided on the final name of the album?

thelastresort
03-04-2017, 07:18 AM
Didn't Glenn say on HOTE that owing to the excruciating nature of making The Long Run the name became rather easy to establish?

UndertheWire
03-04-2017, 03:02 PM
Didn't Glenn say on HOTE that owing to the excruciating nature of making The Long Run the name became rather easy to establish?
I think it might have been Bill Szymczyk. Was the song, "The Long Run" one of last to be finished? Certainly, that working title shows their frame of mind.

Jonny Come Lately
03-04-2017, 04:56 PM
Interesting piece. It's weird because there's some comments there that do match up with the album in its final version - most obviously, it seems highly likely that Those Shoes was in existence at this stage, given Don and Glenn's final comment, but also about it being their most rock-oriented album (subjective to some extent, although I personally consider it to be so). I can sort of see how the working title would fit some of the songs on the album, in that there's quite a few dark songs about unpleasant characters or environments, although I definitely prefer 'The Long Run' as a title!