PDA

View Full Version : Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

Pages : [1] 2

sodascouts
03-29-2017, 04:51 PM
https://eagles.com/news/289873

Note: This thread is for discussing the shows. If you want to talk about what you think of the band billing themselves as the Eagles without Glenn, you can post about it in the Eagles 3.0 thread (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6955).

carol7lynn
03-29-2017, 07:10 PM
I'm hoping to win tickets. I'm also hoping they'll eventually release single day passes. I guess it all gets down to hope.

Stay Tuned!
:computer:
CarolC

russpa333
03-29-2017, 07:21 PM
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/classic-747878-journey-fleetwood.html

Tickets are $150-$950 for two-day general admission passes. There are numerous VIP packages with a slew of higher-end perks for $795-$2,750. They all go on sale at 10 a.m. Friday, April 7, at 800-745-3000 or Ticketmaster.com. There is an American Express pre-sale starting at 10 a.m. Monday, April 3, with a limited amount of tickets available.

i will be there all the way from the UK

Philh
03-30-2017, 03:50 AM
Does anyone know if the AMEX presale requires a password?
I'm hoping to get tickets for the New York show. I too live in the UK.
Thanks

Glennsallnighter
03-30-2017, 06:59 AM
Thanks for giving the prices and welcome to the Border R333 from a fellow British Islet! I'm not going to go to either show. I will be interested to see what they do.

beguilingeyes
03-30-2017, 08:46 AM
The only thing that would get me excited about this would be if Michael McDonald appeared with both the Doobies _and_ Steely Dan (I'm in the UK also). Or they put someone like Bob Seger on the bill, who hasn't played in the UK since 1980.

Maybe if they bring it to London.

carol7lynn
03-30-2017, 09:41 AM
Thanks

Yes.
Best AMEX Code: 8778770987
Can use an AMEX gift card to purchase along with all other AMEX cards.

You may not need a code for VIP though.

Note: KLOS radio station pre-sale is scheduled for next Thursday, April 6th.
Password is KLOS.

Too many pre-sales usually means ticket offers will suck from the jump. Good Luck!

Stay Tuned!

CarolC

Philh
03-30-2017, 10:08 AM
Thanks CaroleC for the Amex info. The process for buying concert tix has become a real nightmare!

russpa333
03-30-2017, 11:01 AM
Thanks for giving the prices and welcome to the Border R333 from a fellow British Islet! I'm not going to go to either show. I will be interested to see what they do.

Thanks i love the group and have seen them all over the world i never thought i would get the chance after Glen passed and the others all involved in their own tours , sure they must have been offered an awful lot of money to come and do this, i hope they get at least 75 mins on stage i mean they are the headline act compared to popularity of the Doobey and Steely.

russpa333
03-30-2017, 11:04 AM
Thanks

no only preferred as pre sale needs only a card

http://help.ticketmaster.com/what-s-the-code-to-get-american-express-presale-tickets-and-american-express-preferred-tickets/

BillBailey1976
03-30-2017, 11:51 AM
Does anyone want to take some guesses at a possible set list?
I don't know how long they'll have, so it's hard to really determine.

MaryCalifornia
03-30-2017, 12:08 PM
We have their festival set lists in these threads, so that would be a place to start, and I would post it here but too lazy.

I really like How Long and it would be cool if they played it with J.D. Souther, if this really is going to be a "friends" event.

Delilah
03-30-2017, 01:08 PM
I think knowing who the "friends and family" are would help with the set list. If Bob Seger is there, Heartache Tonight is a shoo-in. The other rumored guest, Vince Gill, would probably sing PEF and/or Tequila Sunrise. If Travis Tritt is there (the rumored unnamed country artist), he may sing TIE. I doubt anything from LROOE will be performed.

Philh
03-30-2017, 01:12 PM
The shows are scheduled to start at 5pm so should be a decent set length.

Brooke
03-30-2017, 02:16 PM
I think knowing who the "friends and family" are would help with the set list. If Bob Seger is there, Heartache Tonight is a shoo-in. The other rumored guest, Vince Gill, would probably sing PEF and/or Tequila Sunrise. If Travis Tritt is there (the rumored unnamed country artist), he may sing TIE. I doubt anything from LROOE will be performed.

The bill doesn't mention 'friends and family' at all.

Delilah
03-30-2017, 02:32 PM

I know but with Glenn not there, the void will be great and it will be vital to have guests to shore up the performances. Hopefully Bernie will be there too, so there will be at least one more original member. I still hold out hope there will be songs dedicated to Glenn and some type of remembrance.

MaryCalifornia
03-30-2017, 02:37 PM
Personally, I don't want any guests "filling in" for Glenn. I think Don, Tim, Joe and the backing band can handle the songs, including Glenn's, just fine. But, if they insist on having guests, J.D. would be cool. It would be cool if Stevie Nicks popped in!

carol7lynn
03-30-2017, 02:41 PM

I noticed that too.

Lots of radio stations are already starting to give away tickets. K-Earth is one. KLOS's morning show talk-team, Heidi,Frank,& Frosty, were talking about it yesterday. That is the only way I'll be able to afford a seat in the first 5 rows for the Eagles despite not having travel costs.

Wondering how the Mac will handle stage access when front row seats are 3xs my monthly mortgage.

I haven't been to any of their concerts since Chrissie McVie rejoined the band but back in the day, you could belly-up to the stage even if you weren't in the front row. Ranged from first five rows to the first ten rows.

I remember a show in San Diego. I had a second row seat so security gave me no grief when I stepped over the chair in front of me, as the band took the stage, to secure a spot at the stage right in front of LindseyB. They also didn't say anything to the guy standing beside me all night who had a seat in the nose-bleeds. Doubt that will happen July 16th.

Stay Tuned!
CarolC

Funk 50
03-30-2017, 03:10 PM
Does anyone want to take some guesses at a possible set list?
I don't know how long they'll have, so it's hard to really determine.

I reckon that they'll do two hours. Beyond that I'm stumped. Will Don dominate the show ?(Will he still get twice the money, Joe and Tim make?) or will he just do his usual third and split the rest between, Joe, Tim and the guests.

My choice of guests would be Bernie, not sure what song he'd sing though, JD Souther for New Kid In Town and Heartache Tonight, Jimmy And Dale from The James Gang to perform Walk Away and Funk #49 and maybe some Poco guys to sing Rose Of Cimarron or Keep On Tryin' with Tim.

I'm not sure that country music will go down well, last on the bill. at a stadium rock show.

I hope they play some Henley solo stuff, Hotel California in it's entirety would be a great headline stealer but I don't know who could sing Try And Love Again (S Nicks?) and of course a moment especially for Glenn Frey. Something new would be brilliant.

Almost Certain:
Hotel California : Desperado : Life In The Fast Lane : One Of These Nights : The Long Run : Life's Been Good : In The City : Rocky Mountain Way : Funk #49 : I Can't Tell You Why

Probables:
Take It Easy : Heartache Tonight : Already Gone : Those Shoes : Witchy Woman : Walk Away :

Possibles :
Wasted Time : Tequila Sunrise : Peaceful Easy Feeling : Lying Eyes : Saturday Night : How Long : The Best Of My Love : The Sad Cafe : Love Will Keep Us Alive : I Dan't Wan't To Hear Any More : New York Minute : Dirty Laundry : The Boys Of Summer : Hole In The World : Pretty Maids All In A Row : Turn To Stone : All Night Long : Take It To The limit : New Kid In Town : The Last Resort : Victim Of Love : Long Road Out Of Eden :

I sincerely hope I haven't covered all bases there. The more surprised I am, the happier I expect I'll be. :p

MaryCalifornia
03-30-2017, 03:19 PM
I approve of Those Shoes being in your list of probables.

Delilah
03-30-2017, 03:35 PM
I sincerely hope I haven't covered all bases there. The more surprised I am, the happier I expect I'll be. :p

Felder shows up and sings Victim of Love. :wink:

buffyfan145
03-30-2017, 05:00 PM
I'm wondering about the possible guests too. Joe did say on Craig Ferguson's radio show there would be guests there and the "friends and family" comment came from that.

longtimeeaglesfan
03-30-2017, 06:57 PM
Don Felder retweeted today someone's twitter post regarding the Classic Concerts, "torture is the main attraction/ I don't need that kind of action."

It's a lyric from Steely Dan's "Your Gold Teeth" song but I take it as a little jab at the main attraction of these concerts.

Witchy Woman
03-31-2017, 12:44 AM
Don Felder retweeted today someone's twitter post regarding the Classic Concerts, "torture is the main attraction/ I don't need that kind of action."

It's a lyric from Steely Dan's "Your Gold Teeth" song but I take it as a little jab at the main attraction of these concerts.

Well it's a good thing, because he certainly wasn't invited.

Philh
03-31-2017, 03:05 AM
Don Felder Definitely will not be at Classic East as he has his own gig that day.

carol7lynn
03-31-2017, 08:55 AM
Secondary markets have started selling tickets and the prices are ree-dick-u-lus! (stress on second syllable :thumbsup:).

Stay Tuned!

CarolC

Funk 50
03-31-2017, 02:58 PM
I'm wondering about the possible guests too. Joe did say on Craig Ferguson's radio show there would be guests there and the "friends and family" comment came from that.

I believe Joe, Don and Tim had a discussion and decided on presenting themselves as "Eagles, Friends And Family". After managing the band for 40 years, I reckon Irving could have shot that down in under 30 seconds flat.

I just hope that they walk out on stage with an act that's worthy of topping that impressive bill and I do think they're a lead vocalist light with just the three of them.

I sincerely hope I haven't covered all bases there. The more surprised I am, the happier I expect I'll be.

Felder shows up and sings Victim of Love. ;)

You know Delilah I added "I expect" just before pressing 'submit reply' just in case somebody came up with this sort of suggestion :rofl:

Pleased and relieved that Felder doesn't appear to be on the guest list. I expect that goes for all the acts on the bill.

MaryCalifornia
04-03-2017, 12:37 PM
Sirius Radio channel 26 Classic Vinyl will broadcast special programming starting this Wednesday, April 5 dedicated to these shows.

"Six legendary bands, two historic weekends. Hear music from bands playing The Classic East and The Classic West with special insight into their careers hosted by SiriusXM's Dusty Street" and other DJs. - It is 24-hour a day programming.

http://www.siriusxm.com/classicvinyl

NightMistBlue
04-03-2017, 01:10 PM
I really like How Long and it would be cool if they played it with J.D. Souther, if this really is going to be a "friends" event.

And Randy! He is said to be doing well.

MaryCalifornia
04-03-2017, 01:26 PM
It's good to hear that Randy is doing well, but when is the last time he performed in public - playing bass or singing?

longtimeeaglesfan
04-03-2017, 02:48 PM
Sirius Radio channel 26 Classic Vinyl will broadcast special programming starting this Wednesday, April 5 dedicated to these shows.

"Six legendary bands, two historic weekends. Hear music from bands playing The Classic East and The Classic West with special insight into their careers hosted by SiriusXM's Dusty Street" and other DJs. - It is 24-hour a day programming.

I listen to that channel all the time...along with "70s on 70" and "The Bridge."

Decided I would regret not getting tickets to this if I was going to be listening to them continuously....so tickets bought....LA July 15 &16! :rockon:

Delilah
04-03-2017, 03:07 PM
I believe Joe, Don and Tim had a discussion and decided on presenting themselves as "Eagles, Friends And Family". After managing the band for 40 years, I reckon Irving could have shot that down in under 30 seconds flat.

I just hope that they walk out on stage with an act that's worthy of topping that impressive bill and I do think they're a lead vocalist light with just the three of them.

You know Delilah I added "I expect" just before pressing 'submit reply' just in case somebody came up with this sort of suggestion :rofl:

Pleased and relieved that Felder doesn't appear to be on the guest list. I expect that goes for all the acts on the bill.

?? Did something happen between Don and the Doobies when they toured together? Why would Steely Dan have anything against him?

Delilah
04-03-2017, 03:21 PM
It's good to hear that Randy is doing well, but when is the last time he performed in public - playing bass or singing?

Randy's last public performance was in 2008. IF he really is well enough to play in front of a large audience, I imagine he can get up to speed over the next couple of months on a couple of songs. He did play bass for more than 45 years with a break in the late 70s/early 80s. But I don't know that he would actually play bass or something else.

NightMistBlue
04-03-2017, 03:24 PM

2008. I know, I know... :sigh: I dream too much.

Delilah
04-03-2017, 03:35 PM

It's okay to "dream too much" NMB! :)

East Texas Girl
04-03-2017, 03:39 PM

NMB, I am with you, I am going to continue to dream and hope that he could make some time of appearance. Even if it is to just sit on stage.

Funk 50
04-03-2017, 04:12 PM
?? Did something happen between Don and the Doobies when they toured together? Why would Steely Dan have anything against him?

The whole show is Irving's baby isn't it?

It maybe a little embarrassing for the main act if Felder turns up among on the under card.

It'd be great to see Meisner on stage, even if he's just strumming along and miming. He could do the birdie tweets if they do Earlybird. I bet he's still got that tweeter :p

He'd be an odd presence if he just sat on the stage. :huh:

carol7lynn
04-04-2017, 10:26 AM
Pre-sale yesterday had lots of good seats and the cheapest seat on the field is a wee-bit over $1,000. Seat right in front of TimmieB was almost $2,800. :rofl:

I can get stage access at a Leap solo show for $60. I'm waiting to see if they do this or that, later on down the road as we get closer to July. In any event, I started entering local contests. Don't expect to win but you gotta try.

Good Luck on Friday.:bye:

Stay Tuned!
CarolC

longtimeeaglesfan
04-04-2017, 11:57 AM
Usually with the pre-sales I try to be quick on the draw to get the best seats I can but with this one I really just wanted to get the $150 seats since we've got front row for Timothy in Cincinnati, decent seats for Joe and Tom Petty in Memphis and then the Runaway Tour package with Don in Dallas. (The concert budget is taking a hit this year!!!)

I had the clock synchronized on my computer/ had checked out the Classic East presale which was available 3 hours before to gauge how quickly the seats would sell and was all set to buy. I have a detailed mapping of seats at Dodger Stadium to see where the "best" of the top deck seats would be located.

When 12:00 hit here and went on sale I immediately selected the $150 range and got the seats I wanted. Went to check out and it said there was a problem with my card! Tried again- same thing; tried a third time and Ticketmaster shut me out! It turns out that Amex flagged my attempted purchase as a possible fraudulent use of my card and sent me a text and email to verify that it was indeed me making the purchase. Of course by the time I got it cleared, the $150 seats were gone.

I ended up getting $250 seats in the front row of the top reserved seating section a little to the right of center.

I contacted Amex customer service and explained what happened and after going up a couple of levels to get a manager on the phone, they agreed to credit my account with the difference in ticket price.

Frustrating experience but turned out to be good in the end. We reserved hotel in the Chinatown area of LA back when the concert was announced so we would be close to the stadium.

Usually before concerts I check out the setlists, etc. so pretty much know what to expect...with this one it will be more of a surprise..who, if anyone, will join them on stage, what songs they will do or possibly not do and how they will generally handle Glenn's absence.

Delilah
04-04-2017, 12:47 PM
That ticket hassle is a bummer, longtimeeaglesfan, but at least you got tix (and the credit).

Usually before concerts I check out the setlists, etc. so pretty much know what to expect...with this one it will be more of a surprise..who, if anyone, will join them on stage, what songs they will do or possibly not do and how they will generally handle Glenn's absence.

If I'm not mistaken, Glenn was primarily responsible for making the set list. I guess Henley will be doing it now. It'll be interesting to see if it stays the same or not and could reflect the difference between Don and Glenn in their approach to song arrangement/order. Maybe a few deep tracks added or more solo stuff? Throwing in a surprise like "Waiting in the Weeds" would be awesome.

BillBailey1976
04-11-2017, 10:27 PM
That ticket hassle is a bummer, longtimeeaglesfan, but at least you got tix (and the credit).

If I'm not mistaken, Glenn was primarily responsible for making the set list. I guess Henley will be doing it now. It'll be interesting to see if it stays the same or not and could reflect the difference between Don and Glenn in their approach to song arrangement/order. Maybe a few deep tracks added or more solo stuff? Throwing in a surprise like "Waiting in the Weeds" would be awesome.

Yes, it will be interesting to see if a Henley arranged show has a different feel to it.
I suspect the setlist will be more similar to HFO that HOTE. I can't see Don and Joe not doing a fairly good number of solo songs, (6 to 8 )and maybe Timothy adding a solo number like "Red Dirt Road".

Funk 50
04-12-2017, 08:12 AM
They did have deep cuts in the HOTE set list and by most accounts I've read they were well received. They wont be bound by the history format but they'll need to keep the tempo and intensity levels high, closing a multi-artist stadium show.

Surely they are finally going to drop Love Will Keep Us Alive even if Tim gets a third lead vocal in the set list. :shrug:

Dawn
04-12-2017, 10:32 AM
Pre-sale yesterday had lots of good seats and the cheapest seat on the field is a wee-bit over $1,000. Seat right in front of TimmieB was almost $2,800. :rofl:

I can get stage access at a Leap solo show for $60. I'm waiting to see if they do this or that, later on down the road as we get closer to July. In any event, I started entering local contests. Don't expect to win but you gotta try.

Good Luck on Friday.:bye:

Stay Tuned!
CarolC

For pete's sake at these obscene prices fans should be expecting to know UPFRONT who Don Henley added to the lineup, dinner for two at Craig's and a case of Casamigo Tequila signed by George Clooney. :unimpressed:

Delilah
04-12-2017, 05:22 PM
They did have deep cuts in the HOTE set list and by most accounts I've read they were well received. They wont be bound by the history format but they'll need to keep the tempo and intensity levels high, closing a multi-artist stadium show.

Surely they are finally going to drop Love Will Keep Us Alive even if Tim gets a third lead vocal in the set list. :shrug:

It would be nice if there was room made for a couple of Glenn's solo songs. Maybe another lead vocal for Timothy could be one of them. Not sure which one though...:hmm:

Glennsallnighter
04-15-2017, 06:44 PM
For pete's sake at these obscene prices fans should be expecting to know UPFRONT who Don Henley added to the lineup, dinner for two at Craig's and a case of Casamigo Tequila signed by George Clooney. :unimpressed:

I totally agree. I think Irving has lost the run of himself. Ordinary people do not have thousands of dollars to spend on this. It would have been better to sell separate days at a more reasonable price. I never objected to laying what I did to see the Eagles and Glenn :heart: in the past but these prices are just OTT

travlnman2
04-15-2017, 10:30 PM
I totally agree. I think Irving has lost the run of himself. Ordinary people do not have thousands of dollars to spend on this. It would have been better to sell separate days at a more reasonable price. I never objected to laying what I did to see the Eagles and Glenn :heart: in the past but these prices are just OTT

I have always thought Irving manipulted the band. I have read stories about his time with GNR where he sabbatoged the release of Chinese Democracy by making Jimmy Ivone teling the band to re record it over and over again. It was his plot to force a reunion. Good thing he got fired. It makes me think that this thing is his doing because only IRVING wants money

Funk 50
04-16-2017, 06:28 AM
It would be nice if there was room made for a couple of Glenn's solo songs. Maybe another lead vocal for Timothy could be one of them. Not sure which one though...:hmm:

At such a big gig, I can't see them doing anything deeper than The Heat Is On. Could Tim sing that? I'd encourage him to give it a go :yay:

New Kid In Town
04-16-2017, 10:05 AM
Just MHO, but I do not think Irving manipulated the band into this. Their participation in these festivals would never have gone forward without all three of them okaying it. Particularly Don, as he is in charge now. Outrageous ticket prices were started by the Eagles for the HFO Tour, and continued until the last concert in La.
Both Don and Glenn are/were very strong personalities and I feel no one manipulated them into anything they did not want to do. I have a feeling that this could also be said for Joe and Tim. This whole thing was planned months ago and they just decided it would be good business to wait for the one year anniversary of Glenn's passing before announcing it. All of Don's talk about never performing again without Glenn was just that - talk. Last I checked it was not sold out on either coast.

Dawn
04-19-2017, 04:55 PM
FWIW

Tickets to Desert Trip 2016 sold out in just 3 hours!

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/desert-trip-tickets/

Curious how sales are going with Classic East and West.

Anyone know?

New Kid In Town
04-19-2017, 05:15 PM
Dawn - I just checked both sites and plenty of seats are left. Needless to say the seats between $2,750 and $1,000 are still left, as are seats that go for $450 to $950.
How much were the tickets last year. Were they just as expensive ?

Dawn
04-19-2017, 06:41 PM
Dawn - I just checked both sites and plenty of seats are left. Needless to say the seats between $2,750 and $1,000 are still left, as are seats that go for $450 to $950.
How much were the tickets last year. Were they just as expensive ?

Hi NKIT, thanks!

That's a good question I'm thinking DT 2016 less plus they offered a one day ticket/pass if I'm not mistaken.
-----------------------

Edited to add:

"Noting that the cheapest tickets — $199 one-day passes — were said to be the last to sell out"

"At the time tickets went on sale, general admission prices for Desert Trip were set at $199 for a single day pass, while a three-day pass began $399. A three-day pass with admission to the standing pit in front of the stage (floor seats) was priced at $1,599."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jesse-lawrence/desert-trip-is-the-summer_b_9991966.html

Stadium seating vs Indio Polo Fields another factor.

I think The Classics VIP packages may be higher than DT's which may have sold out first

New Kid In Town
04-19-2017, 07:23 PM
Dawn - Wow TY. The highest priced tickets for two days for the East/West are more expensive than the tickets for the three days last year. I do not know how Irving thinks "normal" people can afford those prices. I realize a certain amount are corporate but still.

Funk 50
04-20-2017, 05:51 AM
I don't think Irving is looking to attract "normal" people. He had to make Don, Joe and Tim an offer they couldn't refuse. They'll make a tidy packet even if the remaining tickets are sold half price on the internet. a couple of days before the shows.

Philh
05-11-2017, 01:02 PM
In a radio interview today, Don said that an official announcement about the line up will be made soon.
Don wanted to make it clear they are not replacing Glenn as he is irreplaceable.

http://www.92kqrs.com/2017/05/11/don-henley-talks-to-ray-erick/

BillBailey1976
05-11-2017, 01:46 PM
I don't think Irving is looking to attract "normal" people. He had to make Don, Joe and Tim an offer they couldn't refuse. They'll make a tidy packet even if the remaining tickets are sold half price on the internet. a couple of days before the shows.

This is definitely not for the "normal" fan. To me this looks like a Hollywood movie premiere. It's all about exposure and the event to promote the group.
I'm not saying I think it will happen, but this massive venue and hyped up event would be a perfect springboard into a nationwide tour, where then they would appeal to the more "normal" run of the mill fans, willing to pay 100.00 in their local area.

Delilah
05-11-2017, 02:47 PM
In a radio interview today, Don said that an official announcement about the line up will be made soon.
Don wanted to make it clear they are not replacing Glenn as he is irreplaceable.

http://www.92kqrs.com/2017/05/11/don-henley-talks-to-ray-erick/

Thank you for the link, Philh. He also said they're "keeping it in the musical family."

(Since there is discussion beyond the line-up at this summer's shows, I'm going to post it in Don's press thread too.)

maryc2130
05-11-2017, 03:19 PM
This is definitely not for the "normal" fan. To me this looks like a Hollywood movie premiere. It's all about exposure and the event to promote the group.
I'm not saying I think it will happen, but this massive venue and hyped up event would be a perfect springboard into a nationwide tour, where then they would appeal to the more "normal" run of the mill fans, willing to pay 100.00 in their local area.

I agree that it's most likely a springboard. The three remaining Eagles have a fair amount of solo shows (or show with Tom Petty in Joe's case), but after the Classic East event, the only concert date scheduled is Don's solo show in Mexico at the end of October. I don't think that's coincidental.

NightMistBlue
05-11-2017, 03:33 PM
This is pure speculation on my part, but seeing as so many of the bands are managed by Mr. Azoff's company, I've wondered if this is like a pre-retirement bash for him. You know, go out with a bang.

In his 2012 tour diary, Donald Fagen claimed that Azoff was already semi-retired. So five years later, maybe he's ready to cash in his chips so to speak.

Glennsallnighter
05-15-2017, 05:36 AM
Dawn - Wow TY. The highest priced tickets for two days for the East/West are more expensive than the tickets for the three days last year. I do not know how Irving thinks "normal" people can afford those prices. I realize a certain amount are corporate but still.

He knows enough people out there will have this kind of money - he doesn't want 'normal' people at this event.

Dawn
05-15-2017, 01:51 PM
He knows enough people out there will have this kind of money - he doesn't want 'normal' people at this event.

Sure looks that way but neither venue is sold out and it appears that includes the tickets with the heftiest price tags e.g. VIP

Thats not good news especially when compared to Desert Trip 2016 which sold out in 3-5 hours.

Fast forward to official announcement coming soon per Don Henley.

Will they finally reveal the identity of the mystery new additions to the band's lineup? Will it make a difference in ticket sales?

Insert Rolling Eyes ...:spin:

Dawn
05-15-2017, 01:55 PM

Sure looks that way but neither venue is sold out and it appears that includes the tickets with the heftiest price tags attached e.g. VIP

Thats not good news especially when compared to Desert Trip 2016 which sold out in 3-5 hours.

Fast forward to official announcement coming soon per Don Henley.

Will they finally reveal the identity of the mystery new additions to the band's lineup? Will it make a difference in ticket sales?

SMH ... How did it ever come to this -->> Glenn Frey is irreplaceable. Until he wasn't.

Classic East/West 2017

Philh
05-16-2017, 03:20 AM
Just to reiterate Don has confirmed that Deacon will join them for the Classic shows.

Topkat
05-16-2017, 12:29 PM
I do hope that this will satisfy Eagle fans who were upset about them playing together now that Glenn is gone. I'm so glad I got my tickets. I'm really looking forward to hearing & seeing Deacon at the show....Glenn would be so proud of him. I can't wait!!

Also I believe that Don said there will be another special guest with them. :rockguitar:

New Kid In Town
05-16-2017, 01:39 PM
People on FB are saying Bob Seger...
TK - Have a nice time. Your are going to the West concert instead of the East ?

Delilah
05-16-2017, 03:12 PM
I do hope that this will satisfy Eagle fans who were upset about them playing together now that Glenn is gone. I'm so glad I got my tickets. I'm really looking forward to hearing & seeing Deacon at the show....Glenn would be so proud of him. I can't wait!!

Also I believe that Don said there will be another special guest with them. :rockguitar:

That's great, TopKat. I agree about Glenn being proud. A couple of us here think it will be Bob Seger. He seems to be more suited for a big classic rock concert than Vince Gill. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

It'll be special hearing Deacon sing some of father's songs.

shunlvswx
05-16-2017, 03:19 PM
The frontrunners for that last person(now that we know Deacon is one of them which really wasn't a surprised since his name has been floating around since last year with that article Don did in Canada) is either Bob or Vince. Jackson and JD name were floating around too, but I think I heard they both have shows on one of those dates. I think its either going to be Bob, Vince or even Bernie. Bernie might not be a surprised, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's the second person.

If it was Vince, he's more suitable for Glenn's country rock songs, but Vince could surprise us.

I can't wait to hear your recap in July TK.

Delilah
05-16-2017, 04:28 PM
You're right about Vince Gill, Shun--he could sing Glenn's country rock songs. I just figure Deacon would be doing them. But who knows, Deacon may want to rock out--he was rehearsing with Joe after all.

I'm really hoping Bernie is a part of it but isn't being counted as a "special guest" since he's an original member.

shunlvswx
05-16-2017, 05:06 PM
I wonder when they will start rehearsing. Joe is on the road with Tom Petty until June 16th. He has one more date and that's this Saturday. Then he has a week off. Don starts back in June and Timothy is done with his dates. Its going to cut close, but than again. They probably had been rehearsing here and there when they can.

Looking at both Bob and Vince's tour schedule. Bob is good until September with that one date in Detroit. Vince starts back touring in June and will be done on the 29th of June then he starts back up in November, but he's mostly going to be in Nashville which probably are the Christmas concerts he does with his wife Amy. So it could be either one of them.

Topkat
05-16-2017, 09:29 PM
I think Deacon has been working with Don for awhile now, not necessarily with Tim & Joe. If Don is coaching him, he will be ready.

Don is a perfectionist & if he didn't think Deacon was ready, it probably wouldn't be happening.

If Bob Seger is the special guest, I would be thrilled. I've seen his show about 2 years ago & he was great, plus also a great friend of Glenn's. He will be smiling down on them :rockguitar:

shunlvswx
05-16-2017, 11:18 PM
Deacon was probably working with Don and Joe. Remembered that video of Deacon rehearsing with Joe and some of us thought he might be touring with Joe or he was being preparedfor the two festival which end up being they were probably preparing him.

It all started with that little 2 minute video that got everybody talking.

Glenn will definitely be smiling down on him. I know Deacon is probably excited to be working with the men he knew all his life.

Philh
05-17-2017, 04:01 AM
Rock History Music's take on Deacon playing with the band

https://m.youtube.com/watch?sns=tw&v=hUiFEiVF6pQ

Funk 50
05-17-2017, 08:09 AM
When Don first suggested playing with Deacon, if he's anything like his father, Deacon would have started practicing his chops, all hours of the day and night.
Henley, then says the Deacon idea wasn't a serious suggestion so Deacon and/or his mother tell Henley just how hard he's been working and suddenly ....it's on.

I've been wondering about the set list for some time. With it being a rock show I thought they might skip the laid back country stuff and concentrate mainly on the uptempo rockers.

Tim has to do I Can't Tell You Why, so that's a soft song birth taken already. Non of his other obvious inclusions, Love Will Keep Us Alive , Keep On Trying and I Don't Want To Hear Anymore are Stadium friendly so he may sing something less obvious.

I Refuse rocks. I Can See Everything, a recent addition to his solo set list and his most covered Poco song, maybe being considered but nobody has flagged it up as being a highlight of his set. Reggae music always sounds good live, so, Tim may do Slow Down.
The other option is for Tim to sing a Frey song. Something with a bit more edge than Peaceful Easy Feeling though.

It'll be a major surprise if Joe steps out of his comfort zone. Rocky Mountain Way, Life's Been Good, Walk Away, In The City and Funk #49. In a stadium maybe Turn To Stone rather any of this softer songs. He's just added Meadows and Ordinary Average Guy to his solo set list. They could make the Eagles set list.

I think everybody will expect Don to handle the majority of the lead vocals. Hotel California, Life In The Fast Lane, One Of These Nights. The Long Run, Solo tracks, Dirty Laundry and The Boys Of Summer, maybe one or two slower songs. Definitely Desperado. Maybe The Last Resort too.

You Don't Know Me At All is a perfect for a stadium rock concert but it'd be a surprise to see it performed. The song he wrote with Tim, Waiting Tables is probably a long shot too.

I wonder if part of the set list will adopt a theme. Don has remarked about the 'closure' theme of some of the songs on Long Road Out Of Eden. No More Walks In The Wood, Last Good Time In Town, It's Your World Now, No More Cloudy Days.

Well the Classic East/West concerts mark a new era for the band. They need to acknowledge the greatness of Glenn but stride forward confidently. I'd open with Business As Usual, My Thanksgiving, No More Walks In The Wood and Rocky Mountain Way to make that statement.

Stadium rock isn't really Bernie's forte but it'd be sad to see him excluded.
My Man is a good shout, Journey Of The Sorcerer rocks a bit and offers a chance for Joe and Bernie interplay. I believe Earlybird was an early Eagles show highlight but Train Leaves Here This Morning is too quiet and laid back imho. Bernie did sing on their 70s version of How Long.

When they've done Hotel California, Life In The Fast Lane and Desperado, I'd like the band to return to the stage and run through some Frey tunes such as Heartache Tonight, The Heat Is On, How Long, Tequila Sunrise, It's Your World Now and Take It Easy in honor of Glenn.

I don't know what to make of Deacon. I wish him well but I didn't enjoy hearing Don talking up nepotism. I wonder if they'll be new blood in the backing band, otherwise Deacon will be surrounded by old fogeys. :grin:

UndertheWire
05-17-2017, 08:52 AM
Let me see... the shows are called "Classic" and feature six groups who had their heyday in the seventies. Do you really believe that any of the groups are going to play material from recent solo albums?

FreyFollower
05-17-2017, 09:03 AM
Rock History Music's take on Deacon playing with the band

https://m.youtube.com/watch?sns=tw&v=hUiFEiVF6pQ

Yeah, I've heard this guy before... he sensationalizes and embellishes things. Don did not say Deacon was "joining the Eagles" or "singing Glenn Frey's parts".

buffyfan145
05-17-2017, 10:13 AM
I said this in the other thread but looking forward to hearing about this and knowing Deacon is involved and who the other guest will be (I'm still thinking Bob). I told my parents and brother about it last night and they all were a bit surprised but thought it was nice that Glenn's son will be joining them. They all were as surprised as I was when these concerts got announced. It does seem like a lot of the general fans (those that aren't as active as us) are more ok with all of this including my family, especially with Deacon involved.

Freypower
05-17-2017, 06:21 PM
When Don first suggested playing with Deacon, if he's anything like his father, Deacon would have started practicing his chops, all hours of the day and night.
Henley, then says the Deacon idea wasn't a serious suggestion so Deacon and/or his mother tell Henley just how hard he's been working and suddenly ....it's on.

I've been wondering about the set list for some time. With it being a rock show I thought they might skip the laid back country stuff and concentrate mainly on the uptempo rockers.

Tim has to do I Can't Tell You Why, so that's a soft song birth taken already. Non of his other obvious inclusions, Love Will Keep Us Alive , Keep On Trying and I Don't Want To Hear Anymore are Stadium friendly so he may sing something less obvious.

I Refuse rocks. I Can See Everything, a recent addition to his solo set list and his most covered Poco song, maybe being considered but nobody has flagged it up as being a highlight of his set. Reggae music always sounds good live, so, Tim may do Slow Down.
The other option is for Tim to sing a Frey song. Something with a bit more edge than Peaceful Easy Feeling though.

It'll be a major surprise if Joe steps out of his comfort zone. Rocky Mountain Way, Life's Been Good, Walk Away, In The City and Funk #49. In a stadium maybe Turn To Stone rather any of this softer songs. He's just added Meadows and Ordinary Average Guy to his solo set list. They could make the Eagles set list.

I think everybody will expect Don to handle the majority of the lead vocals. Hotel California, Life In The Fast Lane, One Of These Nights. The Long Run, Solo tracks, Dirty Laundry and The Boys Of Summer, maybe one or two slower songs. Definitely Desperado. Maybe The Last Resort too.

You Don't Know Me At All is a perfect for a stadium rock concert but it'd be a surprise to see it performed. The song he wrote with Tim, Waiting Tables is probably a long shot too.

I wonder if part of the set list will adopt a theme. Don has remarked about the 'closure' theme of some of the songs on Long Road Out Of Eden. No More Walks In The Wood, Last Good Time In Town, It's Your World Now, No More Cloudy Days.

Well the Classic East/West concerts mark a new era for the band. They need to acknowledge the greatness of Glenn but stride forward confidently. I'd open with Business As Usual, My Thanksgiving, No More Walks In The Wood and Rocky Mountain Way to make that statement.

Stadium rock isn't really Bernie's forte but it'd be sad to see him excluded.
My Man is a good shout, Journey Of The Sorcerer rocks a bit and offers a chance for Joe and Bernie interplay. I believe Earlybird was an early Eagles show highlight but Train Leaves Here This Morning is too quiet and laid back imho. Bernie did sing on their 70s version of How Long.

When they've done Hotel California, Life In The Fast Lane and Desperado, I'd like the band to return to the stage and run through some Frey tunes such as Heartache Tonight, The Heat Is On, How Long, Tequila Sunrise, It's Your World Now and Take It Easy in honor of Glenn.

I don't know what to make of Deacon. I wish him well but I didn't enjoy hearing Don talking up nepotism. I wonder if they'll be new blood in the backing band, otherwise Deacon will be surrounded by old fogeys. :grin:

Poor Deacon.

Everybody knows how I feel about this business. But that seems to me to be a very unfair comment. I would like to think those who are in favour of this, as you are, would be supporting him instead of making such a claim. :hmm:

I will be generous to you for a change and say that your setlist suggestions are interesting, to say the least.

Witchy Woman
05-18-2017, 12:43 AM
I'm still unhappy with this whole mess, but I will say if anyone is going to honor Glenn by performing at these shows Deacon is a perfect choice. If Don believes he can pull his weight, then I'm sure he will be just fine. I wish him well.

Funk 50
05-18-2017, 05:49 AM
Poor Deacon.

Everybody knows how I feel about this business. But that seems to me to be a very unfair comment. I would like to think those who are in favour of this, as you are, would be supporting him instead of making such a claim. :hmm:

I will be generous to you for a change and say that your setlist suggestions are interesting, to say the least.

Thanks for your generosity Freypower, it's appreciated. :smile: I wish Deacon well.

I think UndertheWire's response that Classic East/West will be a 70s Revival fest is probably a right. I hope that they revisit Long Road Out Of Eden in the future.

Delilah
05-19-2017, 10:36 AM
Yeah, I've heard this guy before... he sensationalizes and embellishes things. Don did not say Deacon was "joining the Eagles" or "singing Glenn Frey's parts".

Well, technically speaking, Deacon is joining the Eagles on stage at the Classic concerts, which is the main topic of the video. And in the Don Henley interview that Mr. Beaudin references, Don talks about the guild system and the father passing along his craft to his son, so I don't think it's a stretch to say Deacon will be singing his father's parts per Henley. My guess is that most people expect Deacon to perform at least some of Glenn's songs.

I am glad Mr. Beaudin stopped saying Randy is in ill health and mentioned that Randy has been recording music recently.

FreyFollower
05-19-2017, 12:00 PM
Oh, yes, agreed. But the way the guy says it, the uninformed would take it Deacon has JOINED the Eagles. And most certainly Deacon will be playing some of his Dad's songs, however a few or alot. I just think reporters should make clear what they interpret from comments, and what their subject actually said.
I don't appreciate the tabloid style.
But seeing (and hearing) Deacon singing with the guys will be a wonderful thing for those who go. Hopefully there will be clips for the rest of us.
I am also glad for reporters to stop dredging up Randy's health issues. Go Randy!

Delilah
05-19-2017, 01:24 PM
Oh, yes, agreed. But the way the guy says it, the uninformed would take it Deacon has JOINED the Eagles. And most certainly Deacon will be playing some of his Dad's songs, however a few or alot. I just think reporters should make clear what they interpret from comments, and what their subject actually said.
I don't appreciate the tabloid style.
But seeing (and hearing) Deacon singing with the guys will be a wonderful thing for those who go. Hopefully there will be clips for the rest of us.
I am also glad for reporters to stop dredging up Randy's health issues. Go Randy!

I hope there will be clips too, FreyFollower. No doubt it's going to be an emotional time for the band members and their fans in the audience. This will be a very different Eagles.

And yes, go Randy! :thumbsup:

redstorm1968
05-21-2017, 12:15 AM
I will be surprised if any of the members perform any solo material but hey, I've been surprised before. (understatement)

I am really pulling for Deacon, and I hope that he has fun and does well. He looks just like his father but I think he has his mother's eyes, from what I can tell.

I also really hope that there will be clips of the concert available to the public.

Philh
05-22-2017, 06:07 AM
In a recent interview, Timothy was asked if he plans any more solo gigs. He said he would like to do more but is on 'standby' in case the Eagles do more shows after the Classic ones. He stressed that nothing is planned. Timothy is obviously up for it so hopefully more shows will be forthcoming.
I have reasonably good tickets for Classic East but I don't expect to see much other than on the big screens so it would be great to get Platinum tickets for any future shows that may materilise as there is nothing like being in the first few rows!

Funk 50
05-22-2017, 07:35 AM
I will be surprised if any of the members preform any solo material but hey, I've been surprised before. (understatement)

I'd put my house on Joe performing solo material, and The James Gang material too. He has at every other Eagles show he's played since he joined in 1975. In fact he played Rocky Mountain Way with the Eagles when Leadon was still in the band.

I think the major question is whether Tim will do solo (or Poco) material. There's a likelihood that he'll get three lead vocals. The obvious three, I Can't Tell You Why, Love Will Keep Us Alive and I Don't Want To Hear Anymore, even Keep On Trying are all early set songs. He may sing something else, up tempo, in the later stages of the show.

If Tim gets to sing a new solo track, it's only fair that Don and Joe get to sing one too. It wouldn't be a surprise if Don did a couple of solo tracks. It's only during the last 'History Of The Eagles Tour' that they didn't do any, probably as he didn't consider them as part of the History of the Eagles. Don's solo tracks always got a good audience reception when they were performed in my presence, especially Dirty Laundry and The Boys Of Summer. They've also done New York Minute, The Heart Of The Matter, Sunset Grill and All She Wants To Do Is Dance.

Apart from his regular half dozen, Joe has also performed Turn To Stone, Ordinary Average Guy, Help Me Through The Night, All Night Long and One Day At a Time with the Eagles.

I hope the Eagles play songs that are not entirely mined from the seventies.

I wonder if they'll be influenced by Fleetwood Mac's set. I'm not well up on Fleetwood Mac but I think they'll have new songs in their set list. :smile:

BillBailey1976
05-23-2017, 06:33 AM
Personally I love hearing the Solo material too. It was nice at the HOTE concert just to hear "Eagles" songs (except for Joe).....but when I saw them on HFO, a few of my favorite moments were Ordinary Average Guy, Boys of Summer, and Smuggler's Blues.

Growing up and riding the school bus in the early 80's, I have such vivid memories of hearing Boys of Summer on the way to school....what seems like every other morning. Hearing Don do that live was an awesome moment.

I love Keep on Trying. I would love to see it incorporated back into the Eagles setlist.

Topkat
05-24-2017, 10:40 AM
People on FB are saying Bob Seger...
TK - Have a nice time. Your are going to the West concert instead of the East ?

I will be attending the East Coast show. I live very close to Citi Field. I would be so upset knowing they were that close & I didn't see them.
You never know when will be the last time they play.

As for what I'm expecting. I think much of the same as we saw on the last tour. I'm not expecting much in the way of the solo material, except for the usual Funk 49 & Rocky Mountain Way.

I don't think there will be anything from Long Road Out of Eden either. If they didn't do it for the HOE tour, I doubt they will be doing anything now.
Not expecting any Poco songs from Tim, or even Henley solo work. They may do Boys of Summer, but not really expecting anything else.
I doubt there will be an orchestra, so that would eliminate the songs that require that.
It would be really nice to hear something that they don't usually perform, but I think it's going to mostly be the big hits. I'm okay with that, but would be nice to hear something different.

Depending on who else will appear with them, will determine what else will be added.

Glennsallnighter
05-24-2017, 10:50 AM
You know you are in Dublin when a colleague comes up to you and in a completely random way says 'I hear yer mans son is joining the band'! And you don't even need to THINK before you say yes!

NightMistBlue
05-24-2017, 11:33 AM
People are on to you, GA :wink:

I hope they make the announcement soon of who'll be the "other" guest musician in the line-up. What if it's Randy! And I don't have a ticket. There will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Brooke
05-24-2017, 12:28 PM
I will be attending the East Coast show. I live very close to Citi Field. I would be so upset knowing they were that close & I didn't see them.
You never know when will be the last time they play.

As for what I'm expecting. I think much of the same as we saw on the last tour. I'm not expecting much in the way of the solo material, except for the usual Funk 49 & Rocky Mountain Way.

I don't think there will be anything from Long Road Out of Eden either. If they didn't do it for the HOE tour, I doubt they will be doing anything now.
Not expecting any Poco songs from Tim, or even Henley solo work. They may do Boys of Summer, but not really expecting anything else.
I doubt there will be an orchestra, so that would eliminate the songs that require that.
It would be really nice to hear something that they don't usually perform, but I think it's going to mostly be the big hits. I'm okay with that, but would be nice to hear something different.

Depending on who else will appear with them, will determine what else will be added.

Tk, I think you are spot on.

Ga, they know you well! :lol:

East Texas Girl
05-24-2017, 03:38 PM
People are on to you, GA :wink:

I hope they make the announcement soon of who'll be the "other" guest musician in the line-up. What if it's Randy! And I don't have a ticket. There will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

NMB, I have my ticket to Classic West and would be soo thrilled if it was Randy. :partytime: You would probably be able to hear me screaming from LA all the way to Florida!!

Terri1962
05-28-2017, 06:26 PM
Just an FYI, many of the ticket prices have been lowered. My 750 tickets in field box seats are now 450. I got a refund from Ticket Master and bought 450 tickets four rows from the stage 😀

NightMistBlue
05-29-2017, 10:32 AM
Woah! Thanks, Terri. ETG, lucky you! Have a wonderful time, lady.

Terri1962
05-29-2017, 11:02 AM
Thanks, I did my time in the rafters at the Hell Freezes Over tour at Giants stadium :) Just wanted to put out there that Ticketmaster is getting nervous and willing to deal. They tried to tell me that all of the $450 seats were gone, which wasn't true. I told the rep I was looking at them online. Put me on hold, then tried to sell me $450 tickets way further back. I refused, again put me on hold and, what do you know, the tickets that I wanted were available and they would be happy to sell them to me! :evil:

Delilah
05-29-2017, 09:21 PM
NMB, I have my ticket to Classic West and would be soo thrilled if it was Randy. :partytime: You would probably be able to hear me screaming from LA all the way to Florida!!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, ETG! It would be so awesome if Randy did show up.

Just an FYI, many of the ticket prices have been lowered. My 750 tickets in field box seats are now 450. I got a refund from Ticket Master and bought 450 tickets four rows from the stage 😀

That's great you got a refund, Terri1962. And seats four rows from the stage, too. (And thanks for the info)

I hope you both enjoy the concert.

East Texas Girl
05-30-2017, 02:12 PM
Thanks!

Terri's seats are definitely better than mine, but I will be in the house (or stadium :wink:)!

NightMistBlue
05-30-2017, 03:24 PM
Terri, you're a good negotiator. You'll be close enough now that you can high-five Randy if he makes a special appearance :thumbsup:

Terri1962
05-31-2017, 06:09 PM
I love Randy. You will recognize me, I will be the 54 year old woman being unceremoniously thrown off of the stage while trying to high-five Randy :applause:

tequila mockingbird
06-01-2017, 12:32 AM
Well, my Vince Gill guess was correct...

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/la-et-ms-eagles-reunion-vince-gill-deacon-frey-classic-west-east-20170530-story.html

Philh
06-01-2017, 01:41 AM
The article in the LA Times says single day tickets will go on sale from June 5th.

redstorm1968
06-01-2017, 04:02 AM
I'd put my house on Joe performing solo material, and The James Gang material too. He has at every other Eagles show he's played since he joined in 1975. In fact he played Rocky Mountain Way with the Eagles when Leadon was still in the band.

That's true, Funk. I stand corrected.
Not sure what I was thinking!

shunlvswx
06-01-2017, 10:36 AM
I just don't see them cutting out Joe's solo songs. Joe has been playing his solo and James Gang songs since he joined the band in 1975 and I don't think their has been a tour where their wasn't any of his solo or James Gang songs in the setlist.

carol7lynn
06-01-2017, 12:51 PM
The article in the LA Times says single day tickets will go on sale from June 5th.

Pre-sale starts tomorrow. Thank God! :thumbsup:

CarolC

Delilah
06-01-2017, 01:55 PM
Vince Gill has been part of the rumor mill since early March. I posted about it in the Joe press thread. Probably a number of us aren't surprised, although recently I thought Bob Seger was more likely.

I can see Vince singing PEF, Tequila Sunrise and maybe even Heartache Tonight if his vocals can handle it these days. I wonder if any Vince songs will be included?

Deacon can sing TIE, Already Gone and NKIT. I'd prefer not to hear Vince sing NKIT.

Joe will sing his usual solo/James Gang set, while Don may throw in something different. Will TITTL be performed?

They can all take turns singing some Glenn solo songs like Smuggler's Blues. However it's done, Glenn will be remembered and honored.

Nice that one-day tickets are being offered. I think the 2-day requirement was a detriment to a lot of people. This "experiment" is still working itself out apparently. As Henley said in the article, much of it hasn't been finalized so maybe Bernie can still show up.

shunlvswx
06-01-2017, 02:11 PM
I remembered that link Vince dining with Joe, Paul, Ringo and Jack Nicholson last week. That also restarted the rumor that Vince might be the second person.

I was thinking about TITTL. There's that video of Vince on stage with Joe in Nashville singing TITTL. He wasn't bad. So Vince could sing that song. That song is in his voice range. ICTYW too, but of course Timothy is singing that song.

I think I see Vince singing PEF, TS, or Lyin' Eyes. I just see Vince doing Glenn's country rock songs.

I doubt Vince will be playing his songs.

redstorm1968
06-01-2017, 02:28 PM
I just don't see them cutting out Joe's solo songs. Joe has been playing his solo and James Gang songs since he joined the band in 1975 and I don't think their has been a tour where their wasn't any of his solo or James Gang songs in the setlist.

I didn't meant that they would CUT anything. I simply made a mistake. No disrespect was intended.

shunlvswx
06-01-2017, 02:29 PM
No problem. No harm done.

shunlvswx
06-01-2017, 02:33 PM
Now that we found the second mystery person, which Glenn's songs should Vince and Deacon sing. Since those videos on Youtube of Deacon singing when he was a teenager are almost 10 years old, Deacon's voice probably has changed since then, it will kinda to figure out which song is suitable for Deacon's voice.

Delilah
06-01-2017, 02:39 PM
I remembered that link Vince dining with Joe, Paul, Ringo and Jack Nicholson last week. That also restarted the rumor that Vince might be the second person.

I was thinking about TITTL. There's that video of Vince on stage with Joe in Nashville singing TITTL. He wasn't bad. So Vince could sing that song. That song is in his voice range. ICTYW too, but of course Timothy is singing that song.

I think I see Vince singing PEF, TS, or Lyin' Eyes. I just see Vince doing Glenn's country rock songs.

I doubt Vince will be playing his songs.

I was thinking the same too but then who will sing HT? Vince had a big hit with "One More Last Chance" (with the famous George Jones reference, "well, she might have took my car keys, but she forgot about my old John Deere"). It's got a rockin' vibe similar to HT, so it's possible Vince could pull it off. Although, he performed that song 20+ years ago. I forgot about Lyin' Eyes. I think it would be nice if Deacon sang it.

shunlvswx
06-01-2017, 02:50 PM
I love the song One More Last Chance. A few of uptempo songs have that little rocky feeling. Liza Jane, What The Cowboys Do, One More Last Chance. They show off his mad guitar skills.

I think Vince is going to surprise a lot of people especially if he does a rock Eagles song. I think some are expected him to sing the country rock songs like Take It Easy, Peaceful Easy Feeling, or LE, but Vince can rock especially on the guitar solo. I think he's going to shine more on the guitar solos. Deacon will too. The old videos I've seen of Deacon playing the guitar solo he wasn't bad. He's probably gotten better over the years, he will probably do good.

buffyfan145
06-01-2017, 05:09 PM
I agree it would be great to see Vince do one of the faster songs as some of those you mentioned Shun and Delilah are some of my favs of his and he's a great guitarist. My personal favorite of his is always "Whenever You Come Around" and that's more in the style of Glenn's slower songs. I would love it if he does TITTL as his vocal range would work.

Delilah
06-01-2017, 06:44 PM
I agree it would be great to see Vince do one of the faster songs as some of those you mentioned Shun and Delilah are some of my favs of his and he's a great guitarist. My personal favorite of his is always "Whenever You Come Around" and that's more in the style of Glenn's slower songs. I would love it if he does TITTL as his vocal range would work.

Mine too, I love that song. Already there's buzz that Vince will be the best musician on stage.

Love Vince Gill just don't see the need to add him to the lineup to sing and/or play Eagles songs. Truth be told, I am very disappointed in Henley ... Azoff not so much .. bushels of hundred dollar bills and all that ...

EDIT: I moved my response to this comment to the appropriate thread.

sodascouts
06-01-2017, 06:57 PM
I'd like this thread to be for those who'd like to talk about these shows in a "pre concert anticipation" way, as the forum title says. We can talk about how we feel regarding the "line-up change" in the Eagles 3.0 thread.

Thanks!

Delilah
06-01-2017, 07:38 PM
:oops: You're right, sorry about going OT. Next time I'll post my response in the other thread.

Dawn
06-01-2017, 09:31 PM
Sorry Soda I forgot which thread I was reading when I posted my thoughts.

sodascouts
06-01-2017, 09:43 PM
I understand, Dawn, and I didn't delete your post. I just moved it.

Delilah, thank you very much!

GlennLover
06-01-2017, 11:34 PM

I can see him doing TITTL

Philh
06-02-2017, 12:59 AM
Don has said that no decision has yet been made on whether to film the shows or not. He said that they are already under pressure with the shows without adding to it. I really hope they do film for a commercial release as it was such a missed opportunity not to film the HOTE tour. I bought tickets for the 2 day package but I would have bought just the Eagles day had the single day package been available then.

Funk 50
06-02-2017, 12:02 PM
The first Eagles show of the HFO Reunion was the MTV TV special.

Does 'no decision has yet been made on whether to film the shows or not' count as a yes as it isn't no :-?

I'd love to see it :grin:

Funk 50
06-02-2017, 12:20 PM
I can see Vince singing PEF, Tequila Sunrise and maybe even Heartache Tonight if his vocals can handle it these days. I wonder if any Vince songs will be included?

Deacon can sing TIE, Already Gone and NKIT. I'd prefer not to hear Vince sing NKIT.

Joe will sing his usual solo/James Gang set, while Don may throw in something different. Will TITTL be performed?

They can all take turns singing some Glenn solo songs like Smuggler's Blues. However it's done, Glenn will be remembered and honored.

I'm expecting it to be a shortened set list, with three bands on the bill, with light weight songs such as Peaceful Easy Feeling and Love Will Keep Us Alive to be among the songs dropped from the set list, and with Vince encroaching on his vocal territory, I don't think Tim will get any extra songs to sing. :thumbsdown:

With Vince and Deacon included in the publicity photo I assume that they'll be on stage from track one. I hope they do The Heat Is On and It's Your World Now.

carol7lynn
06-02-2017, 01:19 PM
Pre-sale Livenation mobile app password: covert
Total Cost: $554
Front Sections but 16 rows back.

I'll wait for ticket drops.
Good Luck! 🐶

CarolC

shunlvswx
06-06-2017, 12:04 PM
I was looking at a few videos of Vince playing with pop and rock stars. Vince did a special called CMT Country Crossroads when he paired with Sting. He sang If I Ever Lose My Faith and other songs(I had to look much deeper on YouTube. I have the special on my DVR). He sang on the Country Rhythm and Blues album(that came out the same time as Common Thread) and sang with Gladys Knight. He and Michael McDonald wrote a song together on his When Love Finds You album (Michael sang backup on that song). He sang with future wife Amy Grant back in the 90s. He sang with Kelly Clarkson, James Taylor, Eric Clapton, Barbra Streisband(the song is called If You Ever Leave Me. I love this duet), he sang a Beatles song with Sting, Pharnell Williams(he didn't sing, but he was on drums), and Dave Matthews.

I think I'm going my mind about Vince singing the rocking songs. I think he can actually do a good job on that.

Its going to be interesting with what songs Deacon and Vince will sing and I really hope they will showcase their guitar skills.

Glennsallnighter
06-07-2017, 04:48 AM
Are you going to either of these Shun?

shunlvswx
06-07-2017, 07:33 AM
Don't I wish. I can't afford to go anyway where I can't drive there. NYC and CA are a little expensive to fly out from my airport and I don't want to drive to New Orleans just to get cheaper flights. I just hope Irving is smart enough to do it live or record it.

I'm trying to keep things positive about this and this is the only thread.

Delilah
06-07-2017, 12:01 PM
Check out "Runaway Train" by Alice Cooper--yes, that is Vince on lead guitar! He's plays lead on another track "I Gotta Get Outta Here."

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TmRJJrSLpVQ

And thanks for keeping this thread positive, Shun. Anyone here get one-day tickets yet?

shunlvswx
06-07-2017, 12:41 PM
Wow!!! I didn't know Vince played on Alice's album. Actually he played on two songs from the album.

If I remembered. Vince knows Alice because Vince and Alice use to play golf in the 90s for a charity tournament(I forgot what it was called) and VH1 would televised it every year. It was different singers and actors if I remembered paired up with another celebrity or pro. I can't remembered. Its been years.

NightMistBlue
06-07-2017, 01:16 PM
Charitybuzz is auctioning off two floor tickets to Classic West. Big bonus: you get to meet Joe Walsh! And get a guitar signed by the band at the festival.

https://www.charitybuzz.com/catalog_items/meet-joe-walsh-with-2-tickets-to-classic-west-on-july-1295601

buffyfan145
06-07-2017, 04:20 PM
Oh wow, I didn't know Vince was on Alice's song either. :D

Delilah
06-07-2017, 04:50 PM
Charitybuzz is auctioning off two floor tickets to Classic West. Big bonus: you get to meet Joe Walsh! And get a guitar signed by the band at the festival.

https://www.charitybuzz.com/catalog_items/meet-joe-walsh-with-2-tickets-to-classic-west-on-july-1295601

The current bid is $4000 with 5+ days left. Woo-hoo! So there's still time everyone! :headbang:;)

Reading the other threads, it seems PEF has now been performed by Timothy, Don H, Deacon and Vince (Don F has also covered it but it appears he won't be at these concerts). The only one who hasn't is Joe. So now it seems a toss-up on who will be singing it, assuming it's part of the setlist.

shunlvswx
06-07-2017, 07:02 PM
I think PEF will be part of the setlist. I just don't see them dropping PEF.

Since the setlist will be very different, here's the songs I think they will play:
Peaceful Easy Feeling
Hotel California
Take it Easy
I Can't Tell You Why
One Of These Nights
The Long Run
Heartache Tonight
Desperado
New Kid In Town
Tequila Sunrise
Life In The Fast Lane
Rocky Mountain Way
Funk 49-i would love to see either Vince or Deacon did that guitar solo duel Glenn and Joe use to do before the song. Maybe Deacon.
The Long Run
Dirty Laundry-they usually have this song in there for short sets.
Lyin' Eyes
Pretty Maids All In A Row
Already Gone
Witchy Woman
In The City
Love Will Keep Us Alive

They might throw in some surprises. They might add songs they haven't sang in years, but I see them keeping the songs they played in concert for 40 something years.

I really hope Don is on the drums. He might be a little rusty since he hasn't played drums in concert since the Grammys and Glenn's memorial service.

EagleInKansas
06-07-2017, 07:10 PM
It'll be interesting to see what they choose as the opener. I could see the first two songs being Take it Easy by Deacon and Vince singing Tequila Sunrise. Just one of many scenarios I have concocted in my mind. Seven Bridges Road might be more logical.

shunlvswx
06-07-2017, 08:24 PM
I forgot Seven Bridges Road. Since Don does it in his show, I can see them doing it.

I also forgot about Take It To The Limit. I can see Vince singing that song since that song fits his vocal range and Vince has sung it before.

BillBailey1976
06-08-2017, 02:44 PM
They need to go Old School and open with "Hotel California"....get the crowd into it right away. Jump straight into Victim of Love, and maybe surprise some people by following that up with the traditionally later in the set Life in the Fast Lane, even though I know Don doesn't traditionally open up with 3 straight leads. I think that sets the mood.
Maybe slow it down after those 3, do some talking at that point, introducing the new members, etc...

Funk 50
06-08-2017, 03:42 PM
The last time I saw the Eagles live, they opened with Hotel California and then followed it with Peaceful Easy Feeling. It was a festival audience, that were obviously looking forward to hearing Hotel California as my abiding memory of the show is of the mass exodus, during Peaceful Easy Feeling, presumably to catch The Human League on the other stage.

Even Victim Of Love was pretty mild following Hotel California imho.

I've just heard the new Lindsay Buckingham, Christine McVie album. It's really fantastic! I'm sure Fleetwood Mac will play some of their new album during their Classic East / West shows which will reflect rather badly on the Eagles if they churn out the same old tired 70s hits set list, even with a couple of new faces in the group.

I want Eagles to open with Business As Usual but Life In The Fast Lane fits the bill too as a fine Henley rocker with plenty of Walsh guitar.

If Vince and Deacon can help the band pull off New Kid In Town and Try And Love Again, a performance of the entire Hotel California album would earn the band some kudos..... and be quite a thrill for the audience too. The Heat Is On wouldn't be a bad opener either. :thumbsup:

Delilah
06-08-2017, 04:18 PM
I think PEF will be part of the setlist. I just don't see them dropping PEF.

Since the setlist will be very different, here's the songs I think they will play:
Peaceful Easy Feeling
Hotel California
Take it Easy
I Can't Tell You Why
One Of These Nights
The Long Run
Heartache Tonight
Desperado
New Kid In Town
Tequila Sunrise
Life In The Fast Lane
Rocky Mountain Way
Funk 49-i would love to see either Vince or Deacon did that guitar solo duel Glenn and Joe use to do before the song. Maybe Deacon.
The Long Run
Dirty Laundry-they usually have this song in there for short sets.
Lyin' Eyes
Pretty Maids All In A Row
Already Gone
Witchy Woman
In The City
Love Will Keep Us Alive

They might throw in some surprises. They might add songs they haven't sang in years, but I see them keeping the songs they played in concert for 40 something years.

I really hope Don is on the drums. He might be a little rusty since he hasn't played drums in concert since the Grammys and Glenn's memorial service.

I think they will keep much of the same setlist too but I would think they would want to change some things up a bit. With the line-up being so different, it would be smart for them to try a different approach. There's should be some Glenn solo songs too.

As for the opener, I think there's needs to be some kind of acknowledgement of Glenn right off the bat. I don't think SBR is the way to go--too predictable. Maybe an a capella harmony sing-together of a Glenn solo song, something like that. Sorry Funk50 but I do not agree with the choice of "Business as Usual"--it seems cynical and cold, at least to me.

This would be a good time to retire "Love Will Keep Us Alive" and let Timothy sing "I Don't Want to Hear Anymore" instead.

Funk 50
06-09-2017, 04:28 AM
I agree that Business As Usual is cynical and cold but hey! this is the rock music industry, cynical and cold, (ie not bland), is good. I'd rather the Eagles were up front about what they're doing rather than apologetic.

I agree with you Delilah, about Love Will Keep Us Alive. I Don't Want To Hear Anymore is a good call, it is/was part of Henley's solo set list but I'd let Tim sing one of his own songs, if he wants to, as long as it doesn't upset the momentum too much.

I'm sure there will be plenty of Henley and Walsh on show. I'm not sure how I'd feel about Deacon and Vince having more time in the spotlight than Timothy, or even Bernie if he's there.

maryc2130
06-09-2017, 08:44 AM
I agree that Business As Usual is cynical and cold but hey! this is the rock music industry, cynical and cold, (ie not bland), is good. I'd rather the Eagles were up front about what they're doing rather than apologetic.

I agree with you Delilah, about Love Will Keep Us Alive. I Don't Want To Hear Anymore is a good call, it is/was part of Henley's solo set list but I'd let Tim sing one of his own songs, if he wants to, as long as it doesn't upset the momentum too much.

I'm sure there will be plenty of Henley and Walsh on show. I'm not sure how I'd feel about Deacon and Vince having more time in the spotlight than Timothy, or even Bernie if he's there.

Henley didn't sing I Don't Want to Hear Anymore in his solo shows. The three young women who are his back-up singers sang it while he took a short break in the middle. I have no problem with Love Will Keep Us Alive but I wouldn't mind I Don't Want to Hear Anymore, either. It would be great to hear Timothy sing more than 2 songs!

One song I've never heard in concert is Victim of Love. It's such a rocker that I think it would get a great response.

New Kid In Town
06-09-2017, 11:15 AM
Maryc2130 - When I saw the Eagles in 1980 and in 1995 if I remember right I think they sang VOL. So long ago though.......

Shun - That is a great set list. However, it is really centered on Glenn's songs. Not sure if they will do that many of his songs. But, who knows - I still like your song list !

On another note, I assume this all means that Bernie will not be with them for the festivals. Any thoughts........

shunlvswx
06-09-2017, 12:35 PM
They did sing VOL during the HFO tour, but after that I think they dropped it.

NKIT. I don't think they will cut that many of Glenn's songs. I think they will keep his popular songs which is majority of the song I listed. I just kept the songs that have been in the setlist since they got back together in 1994 and also played since 1972.

The list I have have mostly has evenly songs for Don and for Vince/Deacon. We don't know if they will sing Doolin Dalton, Doolin Dalton/Desperado reprise, Saturday Night or Those Shoes. So that's 4 songs of Don they might not play from the HOTE setlist. We don't know if Joe or Timothy will have more songs than their usually amount. But I think its going to be an interesting setlist.

BillBailey1976
06-09-2017, 09:28 PM
Yeah, Victim of Love was the second Song on HFO tour.
I thought it was a great follow up to Hotel.

Also, Vince is a good Mandolin player, and being a Bluegrass guy, he can probably play banjo too.... That brings Saturday Night and Doolin-Dalton into the mix, as are as players go.

Funk 50
06-10-2017, 05:00 AM
Maryc2130 - When I saw the Eagles in 1980 and in 1995 if I remember right I think they sang VOL. So long ago though.......

Shun - That is a great set list. However, it is really centered on Glenn's songs. Not sure if they will do that many of his songs. But, who knows - I still like your song list !

On another note, I assume this all means that Bernie will not be with them for the festivals. Any thoughts........

There may have been some discomfort with the obligation to include Bernie from all parties. Glenn wanted Bernie to be involved but I'm sure that Bernie would want assurance that the others wanted him too, as it would be they that he'd be working with. I could be reluctant to see act with 3 softies, Vince, Bernie and Tim, interspersed with Henley and Walsh. The set list will be interesting.

I expect the band to do Glenn's Eagles songs unless they feel that they are unable to do them justice after trying them out in rehearsals.

Tim said they have planned plenty of rehearsals and are meeting to discuss the set lists so I guess they will consider changing the set list.
After the mega-successful HFO Tour(s) the band made some surprising set list changes for the 3 show millennium tour.

Out of all the Eagles catalog, I reckon the song that most suits Vince Gill is My Man, which could make a nice tribute song for Glenn. I'd prefer Bernie to be singing it though.

Delilah
06-10-2017, 04:56 PM
There may have been some discomfort with the obligation to include Bernie from all parties. Glenn wanted Bernie to be involved but I'm sure that Bernie would want assurance that the others wanted him too, as it would be they that he'd be working with. I could be reluctant to see act with 3 softies, Vince, Bernie and Tim, interspersed with Henley and Walsh. The set list will be interesting.

Out of all the Eagles catalog, I reckon the song that most suits Vince Gill is My Man, which could make a nice tribute song for Glenn. I'd prefer Bernie to be singing it though.

Out of all the Eagles, Bernie is hardest to read. It's possible he was asked early on and didn't want to do it. Yes, I can see him turn down the $$.

Don H had probably gotten quite comfortable being 2nd in command of a 4-piece band. Now he's back to a band with 5 "members," including one who is the young and relatively inexperienced son of Glenn, and another quite experienced with a reputation of being a really nice guy; I can't recall reading or hearing anyone speak ill of Vince Gill's character. This will be a different dynamic for Don, who no longer has Glenn to back him up. Adding Bernie, who doesn't seem the type to be pushed around and who is also another guitar player, may complicate things. I would LOVE it if Bernie shows up. But what would he play? I don't think there's even room for Steuart Smith. After all, Deacon will probably play most of Glenn's parts and Vince will probably play Felder's. I think it would be strange to have Vince there with all his skills and not have him play the Hotel California solo with Joe.

shunlvswx
06-10-2017, 05:22 PM
You have to remember their were 4 guitarist on the stage during the HOTE tour. Bernie, Joe, Glenn and Steuart. Bernie just went back to playing his parts he played when he was in the band. So Vince or Deacon will probably play those parts on the earlier songs before Felder joined the band. So it could work out with Steuart.

I doubt Steuart will not be there since he is part of the backup band and all the backup band now work full time with Don(well they were part of Don's band before they started playing with the Eagles) Maybe Vince and Steuart will split some of the songs they can play solo on that were Felder's parts. Vince is mostly a lead guitarist kind of person than a rhythm guitarist since he plays all the lead guitar solos in concert. I don't think he has another guitarist that plays solos. I think the other guitarist in his band just play rhythm guitar. Vince probably do a good job being a rhythm guitarist.

I would love to see Vince play the guitar solo on HC with Joe. Also their was a video of Deacon playing (and singing) HC. Too bad the video is gone. I thought he did a great job.

Vince and Deacon might also share Glenn's guitar parts too.

Its going to be interesting what songs Vince and Deacon will sing and if Vince will do some of the guitar parts that Felder did with Steuart.

Also. Unless they will have a teleprompter on stage with the words, Vince needs to start learning those words. He can't have his phone. Lol

buffyfan145
06-11-2017, 09:24 PM
Has anyone else heard about this feud that's been going on between two of the members of Journey and on Twitter? I heard about this on the radio and after Googling there are some articles about guitarist Neal Schon and keyboardist Jonathan Cain arguing. I know they're one of the bands in for this festival so hopefully whatever is going on will be patched up.

Funk 50
06-12-2017, 02:28 PM
I had a brief glance at the story. :saberfight:

I can't see the concerts being called off if Journey cancel. I'd expect a replacement to be recruited.

This line is from the recent Vince Gill article from Chrystal Schelle for Herald Mail Media http://www.heraldmailmedia.com/life/vince-gill-chats-ahead-of-hagerstown-show/article_f4f4e2b9-dd4f-5384-9a57-12f19dcfd0a6.html

I simply just read it as an inaccuracy;

....Gill said, he and Frey became friends, and he formed friendships with Henley, Joe Walsh as well as Timothy B. Schmit.

“We’ve written songs together and just became friends.....”

If they have written songs together, surely they'll perform a couple. Is anybody aware of any songs Vince has written with any Eagles?

Delilah
06-14-2017, 03:19 PM
I would be very surprised if Journey cancelled these shows, feud or no feud. This will probably the biggest crowd they will be performing for in a very long time.

I'm not aware of any published material Vince has co-written with any of the Eagles. Maybe he has an unwritten credit for some of their solo material(?). I feel kind of bad Vince didn't mention Bernie when he was praising their singing, esp. since he included Joe as a "world-class singer." :eyebrow: I do like like Joe's singing...

From what I saw on Ticketmaster, the $99 seats are selling out.

New Kid In Town
06-14-2017, 04:28 PM
I did a double take when I read that. I have never heard of any songs they wrote together. However, I knew Vince was friends with Glenn for a long time. I like Joe's voice but I would never call him a world class singer.

Philh
06-15-2017, 09:00 AM
To coincide with the Classic shows, Rhino are releasing Eagles 'Their Greatest Hits Vol 1 & 2 as a 2 cd set on July 14th. No bonus tracks as far as I know but it has been remastered. Bonus tracks would have been great and made it worth buying.

shunlvswx
06-15-2017, 09:09 AM
Only one more month until the Classic West concert.

I for one really hope both concerts is a huge success. I know some people wants to fail big time, but I'm cheering the guys on especially Deacon and Vince since they are getting so much flake. Especially Vince.

UndertheWire
06-15-2017, 09:34 AM
To coincide with the Classic shows, Rhino are releasing Eagles 'Their Greatest Hits Vol 1 & 2 as a 2 cd set on July 14th. No bonus tracks as far as I know but it has been remastered. Bonus tracks would have been great and made it worth buying.
Could this be a push to get passed 30 million sales?

Delilah
06-15-2017, 10:36 AM

I saw this a few days ago. It seems everyone owns this already so I guess it's geared to new fans--or those who don't have them on vinyl. I didn't know about the remastering, though. And yes, why no bonus tracks?

http://www.musictap.net/2017/06/07/bundled-eagles-hits-package-their-greatest-hits-volumes-1-2-cdlp-planned/

Could this be a push to get passed 30 million sales?

Good question, probably so.

East Texas Girl
06-16-2017, 04:20 PM
Here is another interview with Vince Gill.

What songs are you singing in the set?
"Lyin' Eyes," "New Kid in Town," "Take It to the Limit" and "Heartache Tonight."

http://www.rollingstone.com/country/news/vince-gill-on-joining-the-eagles-i-feel-im-a-great-fit-w488389

NightMistBlue
06-16-2017, 04:37 PM
Mr. Gill is stepping carefully :)

RS: Has there been any talk of past members like Bernie Leadon showing up to play?

VG: I'm not privy to any of the inner workings. I speak when spoken to.

East Texas Girl
06-16-2017, 04:39 PM

RS: Has there been any talk of past members like Bernie Leadon showing up to play?

Can't blame him a bit...

New Kid In Town
06-16-2017, 04:50 PM
Me either.......

buffyfan145
06-16-2017, 04:50 PM
That was a really good interview with him and more details on everything that's been happening. Had a feeling he'd do LE, TITTL, and NKIT, but a bit surprised at HT. I would image that means Deacon will be singing TIE, Already Gone, and PEF at least.

shunlvswx
06-16-2017, 05:34 PM
I had a feeling with Take It TO The Limit since that song is kinda in his range.

Its going to be interesting with Heartache Tonight.

New Kid In Town. I can see Vince nailing "and you're still around" line.

Lyin' Eyes. That's not really a high song. Vince might have to drop down a key, but he can.

Vince might still sing PEF, but it could be up in the air since everybody except Joe has sung PEF now.

29 more days until Classic West.

Scarlet Sun
06-16-2017, 05:47 PM

If i'd have to guess, that probably means he won't be there

Save

scottside
06-16-2017, 06:37 PM

Save

I can see several reasons for Bernie not being there, but none sounds particularly good to me. But to play Devil's Advocate for a moment, the Eagles don't really need 5 guitar players. Also, these two shows are likely to be considerably shortened from the typical show so I'm thinking it'll be pretty much a straightforward "hits" type thing. And lastly, which of Bernie's Eagles songs would they even play in a format like this. Nonetheless, I personally feel that he deserves to be there if that's his wish.

Delilah
06-17-2017, 12:00 AM
Thanks for posting that RS interview, ETG. I couldn't help but notice TITTL got a specific mention in the sub-headline.

I figured Vince would sing Heartache Tonight, especially after I remembered some of his less mellow work like One More Last Chance. I wish he wouldn't sing NKIT though. Nothing against Vince; I guess it's just my own bias b/c I love that song so much and I identify it with Glenn so much. I suppose this is how Glenn's superfans feel about all his songs. I'd rather Deacon sing NKIT.

It's nice they are keeping TITTL in the set. I'm glad someone is performing it since it's not in the Cars 3 movie, after all. :weep: (I saw it today).

It's looking more and more like Bernie won't be there. Bummer.

Funk 50
06-17-2017, 04:22 AM
Here is another interview with Vince Gill.

Quote:
What songs are you singing in the set?
"Lyin' Eyes," "New Kid in Town," "Take It to the Limit" and "Heartache Tonight."

http://www.rollingstone.com/country/news/vince-gill-on-joining-the-eagles-i-feel-im-a-great-fit-w488389

Great stuff from Vince. Fancy giving the game away about the set list.:smile:

If you remember Joe's video with Deacon and a bunch of GF trunks, there were a couple of BL trunks on show too, so I wouldn't totally write off Bernie being involved. Probably not for the Classic shows though.

I hope Deacon's getting on OK with his assignments. With Skype and video conferencing etc, live rehearsals aren't so important but it's great to know the band have given themselves plenty of rehearsal time.

I expect Take It To The Limit and Heartache Tonight will sound more like the studio versions than they did on the HOTE tour.:smile:

NightMistBlue
06-17-2017, 09:07 AM

Save

What about the chances of a guest appearance by Randy - do you have any impressions about that possibility?

Maybe it's pure wishful thinking on my part, but I wonder if the recent visit with Joe Walsh and the use of "Take It to the Limit" in the new Cars 3 trailer could indicate or lead to something/anything?

As you may be aware, Randy has been rehearsing and recording with friends in Los Angeles since May.

Scarlet Sun
06-17-2017, 12:28 PM
What about the chances of a guest appearance by Randy - do you have any impressions about that possibility?

Maybe it's pure wishful thinking on my part, but I wonder if the recent visit with Joe Walsh and the use of "Take It to the Limit" in the new Cars 3 trailer could indicate or lead to something/anything?

As you may be aware, Randy has been rehearsing and recording with friends in Los Angeles since May.
Considering Vince Gill's comment, all I see that would support such a scenario would be that he's covering up for a surprise Randy appearance rather than declining to answer why Bernie isn't gonna be there. I would imagine that the latter is more likely, but this is all guesswork on my part.

travlnman2
06-17-2017, 02:55 PM
I wonder if they will bring back Victim of Love

travlnman2
06-17-2017, 02:56 PM
If Randy plays with the guys it would be so awsome. Maybe it would bring him the happiness that has evaded him for the past fewyeaes. :angel:

maryc2130
06-17-2017, 07:25 PM
It's funny that Vince feels free to answer about the songs he's singing but not the question about Bernie. I wonder if he's been told not to answer questions about who might be appearing.

Funk 50
06-18-2017, 07:11 AM
If Randy plays with the guys it would be so awsome. Maybe it would bring him the happiness that has evaded him for the past fewyeaes. :angel:

Randy has obviously been through some tough times over the last few years but imo it's stepping over the bound of a fan to declare him unhappy.

I'm delighted that Randy is out and about again, it'd be great to see him with the Eagles again but I'd say Vince and Deacon are the story for the two Classic shows. There have been plenty of sightings of Randy but I don't recall seeing or hearing any of him actually playing music. The first time he plays in public again, has got to be one almighty step, that he doesn't seem ready for.

Vince is wise to stay out of band politics. I'm sure that he's been advised by the Eagles entourage, if not by the "gods" themselves. :)

Victim Of Love is a Felder song. I thought that it would have been consigned to the past but after Those Shoes returned for The History Of The Eagles Tour you never know.:eyebrow:

I'm still hoping for the Hotel California album in it's entirety. I'm guessing that a very large percentage of the Classic East / West audience will own that album :shrug:

New Kid In Town
06-18-2017, 07:59 AM
Funk - I agree with you. While it is wonderful to see Randy out and about there has been no inkling of him being part of the festivals. I doubt if he would be physically up to singing before 50-60 thousand people.
I also think Vince is smart to stay out of band politics but, like you said, he was probably advised by "the gods" what he could talk about.
Someone was talking about VOL not being played since the late 90's. I would venture a guess it is because it is a D.F. song....... I personally like the song and I know a lot of people would probably like to see it played.
Sine Vince has his "list" of songs to sing, I wonder what Deacon will sing.

PS - I just saw in my local newspaper that Randy Newman is the musical composer for the Cars 3 movie. Maybe that is why TITTL is apparently in the movie and in the trailer for the movie.

UndertheWire
06-18-2017, 10:30 AM
I wonder if Timothy will get one of Glenn's songs. Peaceful Easy feeling, perhaps?

BillBailey1976
06-18-2017, 06:35 PM
Why would "Victim of Love" being co-written by Felder have anything to do with them not playing it? He co-wrote "Hotel California" and they've never had an issue playing it.

redstorm1968
06-18-2017, 06:56 PM
Why would "Victim of Love" being co-written by Felder have anything to do with them not playing it? He co-wrote "Hotel California" and they've never had an issue playing it.

Touché, Bill.
:cheers:

New Kid In Town
06-18-2017, 07:13 PM
I was merely speculating since someone on the board wondered why VOL was not played in concert since the late 90's. Seriously, like they would not play HC, which is their biggest song.

Dawn
06-18-2017, 07:27 PM
I was merely speculating since someone on the board wondered why VOL was not played in concert since the late 90's. Seriously, like they would not play HC, which is their biggest song.

Agreed. Can't imagine them not performing the brand's signature song HC. EVER.

Dawn
06-18-2017, 07:29 PM
I wonder if Timothy will get one of Glenn's songs. Peaceful Easy feeling, perhaps?

I wonder too it would be nice. :drool:

In his solo shows to honor Glenn very appropriate. The Classic Tour? Don't think they can avoid his songs especially if live streaming, recording and filming for commercial distribution/release. It's sad.

East Texas Girl
06-19-2017, 01:20 PM
Thanks for posting that RS interview, ETG. I couldn't help but notice TITTL got a specific mention in the sub-headline.

I figured Vince would sing Heartache Tonight, especially after I remembered some of his less mellow work like One More Last Chance. I wish he wouldn't sing NKIT though. Nothing against Vince; I guess it's just my own bias b/c I love that song so much and I identify it with Glenn so much. I suppose this is how Glenn's superfans feel about all his songs. I'd rather Deacon sing NKIT.

It's nice they are keeping TITTL in the set. I'm glad someone is performing it since it's not in the Cars 3 movie, after all. :weep: (I saw it today).

It's looking more and more like Bernie won't be there. Bummer.

Delilah, I was glad for the "shout-out" TITTL received also!

I was surprised Vince is singing NKIT, I really thought Deacon would sing it. I am hoping Randy gets a special mention when they perform TITTL during the shows.

That's too bad about TITTL not being in Cars 3 movie, I was really looking forward to seeing it. :sad:

hegotthebestofmylove
06-20-2017, 12:15 AM
My boyfriend is in love with the Eagles and since I met him I have learned just about every single one of their songs by heart. For a while now he has struggled with severe depression and substance abuse. He finally admitted it and we were able to get him the help he needs. He was released from rehab just a week and a half ago and I am trying to surprise him with a ticket to the LA concert in just 3 weeks, it would be the absolute world to him and I know it is something to help keep him on the right path. I am working as hard as I can to afford a ticket, plane ticket, and hotel for him but I do not think I will be able to do it on my own. If anyone is able to donate, even just $1, to my gofundme to help me send him, I would so, so much appreciate it and be forever grateful.

shunlvswx
06-21-2017, 10:01 AM
I'm not trying to be a pain in the butt, but what does the Beatles has to do with the Classic East/West festivals? :headscratch: We are trying to keep this thread positive. And coming to this thread talking about not liking Vince or Deacon joining, or they should not continue the band without Glenn or Don was wrong to continue (I'm really getting tired of Don getting so much flake about everything that has happened after Glenn died and this all started when he posted tour dates after Glenn's death) or whatever is going to start an argument in this thread where we are trying to be positive about the upcoming festival which some of us are excited about and the possibility they "MIGHT"(I said might because they might not) continue after this.

I thought the Eagles 3.0 thread is the one that people are bashing each other about their opinions about the guys continuing as a band. :headscratch: That's why I stopped posting in that thread because I got tired being the minority in that thread.

We have had some disagreement in this thread about who should sing what or what songs should be sung, or Vince shouldn't sing this song. That's different. We're not bashing them, but coming over here bashing the band because they are continuing the band or its wrong they continuing is getting very old. This is the only thread I know I won't get bash because I'm ok with the guys continuing.

Delilah
06-21-2017, 12:07 PM
BTW, this is what Soda said when she made this thread.

https://eagles.com/news/289873

Note: This thread is for discussing the shows. If you want to talk about what you think of the band billing themselves as the Eagles without Glenn, you can post about it in the Eagles 3.0 thread (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6955).

Later she posted this as a reminder:

I'd like this thread to be for those who'd like to talk about these shows in a "pre concert anticipation" way, as the forum title says. We can talk about how we feel regarding the "line-up change" in the Eagles 3.0 thread.

Thanks!

I further note that she posted this in the Eagles 3.0 thread:

Thanks, GL.

Mary, I'm sorry I angered you. I'm not trying to upset anyone. I'm trying to keep my negativity limited to this thread and not rain on parades elsewhere.

I'm just doing the best I can but I know not everyone will find that acceptable. There are probably many who feel the same way you do. Perhaps some even view me with contempt and find me ridiculous. It saddens me, but I understand. If you ever change your mind, you are always welcome.

I don't expect everyone who posts in this thread be 100% gung-ho about the Eagles performing without Glenn. But Soda did make a separate thread for a reason, and I hope everyone can be respectful of that and the board members who want to discuss the upcoming shows. I myself have been avoiding the Eagles 3.0 thread b/c 1) I don't have anything new to say 2) the discussion has become repetitive and circular 3) I don't care for the negative, toxic vibe there. It's unfortunate that negativity seems to be seeping it's way over here.

Funk 50
06-21-2017, 01:37 PM
I've always been a much, much bigger fan of Eagles than Fleetwood Mac. Things may change in July. :smile:

I'm not sure if Lindsey Buckingham's closing comments represent the standard policy for all the artists, performing at Classic East / West or even Fleetwood Mac's;

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/la-et-ms-lindsey-buckingham-christine-mcvie-20170620-story.html

Just close your eyes and take the money :D

East Texas Girl
06-21-2017, 01:43 PM
I agree with you both Shun and Delilah. Thank you!

Delilah
06-21-2017, 02:58 PM
I've always been a much, much bigger fan of Eagles than Fleetwood Mac. Things may change in July. :smile:

I'm not sure if Lindsey Buckingham's closing comments are necessarily the official artists, or even Fleetwood Mac's, attitude to the Classic East / West shows;

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/la-et-ms-lindsey-buckingham-christine-mcvie-20170620-story.html

:D

Ha ha, I bet all the bands playing at these shows are tired of playing the old hits and would love to play new stuff. LB may have stronger feelings about it though.

I hope this isn't too far OT; it's more related to post-show possibilities. This interview is essentially the same one I read in the L.A. Times a couple of weeks ago...but I don't recall any mention of an album? :stunned:

Regarding a future Eagles album, Henley said: “We’re just going to see how it goes. We have every reason to believe it’ll go just fine. Then it’s Irving’s ball. . . There’s a lot of pressure on us right now. We’re not too keen on adding to that pressure. I’m sure Irving is going to bring it up at some point. . . I’m not saying that’s not going to happen. I’m just saying nobody’s brought it up yet.”

https://www.wxhc.com/?p=28577

I also saw a tweet by Kenny Rogers giving these shows with Vince his stamp of approval.

WalshFan88
06-21-2017, 09:21 PM
I'm sorry that this thread is the one hosting this discussion about the Beatles comparison...If Soda could move mine and the corresponding posts to Eagles 3.0 that'd be much appreciated by all. In the meantime, I'm going to respond to F50 one last time because he is off base by a long shot and I refuse to let that go.

Ive always been a dreamer
06-21-2017, 10:23 PM
I went ahead and moved the posts about The Beatles discussion over to the Eagles 3.0 thread per Austin's suggestion.

WalshFan88
06-21-2017, 10:54 PM
I went ahead and moved the posts about The Beatles discussion over to the Eagles 3.0 thread per Austin's suggestion.

Thank you Dreamer. :yay:

Funk 50
06-23-2017, 05:27 PM
Ha ha, I bet all the bands playing at these shows are tired of playing the old hits and would love to play new stuff. LB may have stronger feelings about it though.

I hope this isn't too far OT; it's more related to post-show possibilities. This interview is essentially the same one I read in the L.A. Times a couple of weeks ago...but I don't recall any mention of an album? :stunned:

https://www.wxhc.com/?p=28577

I also saw a tweet by Kenny Rogers giving these shows with Vince his stamp of approval.

I think at this point everybody involved with this summer's Classic East / West concerts will be expecting the Eagles to continue in some form after the shows but are happy to wait until the shows are over before deciding what they'll do next. No doubt Irving will offer them something.

Deacon Frey didn’t need convincing to step into his beloved father’s musical shoes: “They came to me with the idea, and it’s been really great. You guys are like my uncles. It’s another family we would have been missing (if the band did not continue). . . The first songs I learned on guitar were ‘Take It Easy’ and ‘Peaceful Easy Feeling.’ He was always very supportive and very encouraging of my music and my love for music. He got me a guitar when I was seven — a baby Taylor.”

I wonder if Deacon mentions TIE and PEF as they're the songs he's been designated to sing. Vince has already revealed that he's singing, Lying Eyes, New Kid in Town, Take It to the Limit and Heartache Tonight, which leaves question marks over Tequila Sunrise and Already Gone and some Henley songs. No doubt Joe and Tim will provide their usual.

Delilah
06-24-2017, 11:39 AM
I wonder if Deacon mentions TIE and PEF as they're the songs he's been designated to sing. Vince has already revealed that he's singing, Lying Eyes, New Kid in Town, Take It to the Limit and Heartache Tonight, which leaves question marks over Tequila Sunrise and Already Gone and some Henley songs. No doubt Joe and Tim will provide their usual.

It's quite possible that "Already Gone" will be dropped from the setlist. It's one of the harder songs to sing, and if Vince isn't singing it then that would leave Don to take the reins on it. Of course Deacon may be able be to pull it off.
I would think he'd want to sing at least one rocker.

They'll be performing in 3 weeks. I imagine they are excited about performing together again yet it will be bittersweet at the same time.

shunlvswx
06-24-2017, 09:10 PM
Deacon probably will sing Already Gone. I just don't see them dropping Tequila Sunrise. Don said he was impressed with Deacon on Peaceful Easy Feeling. He probably let him sing that. If Vince is singing 5 songs, Deacon will probably sing the same amount.

I think the guys will probably sing their usually amount of songs and i don't expect a short setlist especially since they are headlining the festivals. Maybe 2 to 2 and a half hours to play. They have played festivals and fairs where they played for 3 hours and some even less. Glenn and Don usually have the same amount songs in the setlist. I don't see them cutting Don's songs, but I think they won't play Those Shoes, Doolin Dalton, Doolin Dalton/Desperado reprise and Saturday Night.

Steely Dan and Doobie Brothers will probably have the shortest set.

Funk 50
06-25-2017, 07:10 AM
I think it'd be an insult to Tim, who's been in the business since the 1960s, if Deacon sang more leads than Tim. Vince is a veteran who's paid his dues, Deacon's a novice.

Ideally, Vince and Deacon can find a couple of tracks that they can make their own rather than just fulfilling the major vocalist role. I wonder if either could pull off a decent vocal for Try And Love Again..

Despite the new additions, I think the biggest question marks are now whether Steuart Smith will be on stage, particularly if they continue to shun the Long Road Out Of Eden album, and what Henley is going to sing. Will he sing any solo hits or Cass County songs ? (he wrote Waiting Tables with Tim, No Thank You features Vince). Wasted Time and The Last Resort are strong contenders despite not making the HOTE set list. You can have too many ballads though, especially when there are other excellent artists, before you on the bill. :|

I've just checked a ticket selling site and it looks like it may be a 7 hr long show, so the Eagles could play a full set. The audience are going to need some endurance to get their full money's worth. :-)

BillBailey1976
06-27-2017, 05:58 AM
Deacon probably will sing Already Gone. I just don't see them dropping Tequila Sunrise. Don said he was impressed with Deacon on Peaceful Easy Feeling. He probably let him sing that. If Vince is singing 5 songs, Deacon will probably sing the same amount.

I think the guys will probably sing their usually amount of songs and i don't expect a short setlist especially since they are headlining the festivals. Maybe 2 to 2 and a half hours to play. They have played festivals and fairs where they played for 3 hours and some even less. Glenn and Don usually have the same amount songs in the setlist. I don't see them cutting Don's songs, but I think they won't play Those Shoes, Doolin Dalton, Doolin Dalton/Desperado reprise and Saturday Night.

Steely Dan and Doobie Brothers will probably have the shortest set.

I don't know if I quite see them doing 10 Glenn Frey songs. Glenn typically only sang lead on around 8 songs per concert.

If I had to guess, I would say you'll see
Vince = LE, TITTL, HT, NKIT
Deacon = PEF, TIE

As was stated above, I don't think Deacon will sing more than Tim. I can see Tim doing his 2 traditional songs LWKUA and ICTYW...plus either a solo song, or IDWTHA.

And Glenn and Don almost never had the same amount of leads. Don typically had 3 to 4 more leads per show.

HFO
Don = 11
Glenn = 8
Joe = 6

HOTE
Don = 11
Glenn = 8
Joe = 5
Tim = 2
Bernie = 1

LROOE
Don = 12
Glenn = 8
Joe = 6
Tim = 3

Millenium Tour
Don = 12
Glenn = 9
Joe = 6
Tim = 2

F1 is the only tour in recent years (since the resumption) where Glenn has been nearly the same in leads.
Don = 11
Glenn = 10
Joe = 6
Tim = 2

(I assigned Hole in the World and Seven Bridges Road to Don, but left No More Walk in the Wood out...since it's truly a choir song although Don and Tim really stand out to me)

BillBailey1976
06-27-2017, 06:05 AM
I think it'd be an insult to Tim, who's been in the business since the 1960s, if Deacon sang more leads than Tim. Vince is a veteran who's paid his dues, Deacon's a novice.

Ideally, Vince and Deacon can find a couple of tracks that they can make their own rather than just fulfilling the major vocalist role. I wonder if either could pull off a decent vocal for Try And Love Again..

Despite the new additions, I think the biggest question marks are now whether Steuart Smith will be on stage, particularly if they continue to shun the Long Road Out Of Eden album, and what Henley is going to sing. Will he sing any solo hits or Cass County songs ? (he wrote Waiting Tables with Tim, No Thank You features Vince). Wasted Time and The Last Resort are strong contenders despite not making the HOTE set list. You can have too many ballads though, especially when there are other excellent artists, before you on the bill. :|

I've just checked a ticket selling site and it looks like it may be a 7 hr long show, so the Eagles could play a full set. The audience are going to need some endurance to get their full money's worth. :-)

I fully expect Don to do some solo material. If you look at the band's touring history since HFO (excluding HOTE), Don has performed at minimum 3 and more often 4 solo songs on tour.
HFO= HOTM, BOS, ASWTDID, DL
LROOE = BOS, DL, ASWTDID
Millenium = BOS, SG, DL, ASWTDID
F1 = BOS, SG, DL, ASWTDID

So, if I had to make a guess, based on data, (if he doesn't do any Cass County songs) I'd say he'll do at least the 3 he's done on every tour except HOTE, which would be BOS, DL, & ASWTDID

UndertheWire
06-27-2017, 08:45 AM
Under the circumstances, I think they'll want to make this an "Eagles" show and keep the solo material to a minimum. If it's "Don Henley and friends", what's the point? After all, Henley has been and will (probably) continue to tour as a solo act.

maryc2130
06-27-2017, 09:46 AM
I'd be surprised if they dropped Already Gone and Tequilla Sunrise. I would think they'd do 1 or 2 Henley solo songs, but I doubt there will be more than that.

Funk 50
06-27-2017, 12:44 PM
Under the circumstances, I think they'll want to make this an "Eagles" show and keep the solo material to a minimum....

At this point the term "Eagles Show" needs redefining. They've always done Henley, Frey and Walsh solo tunes, up until the History Of The Eagles Tour, which by definition, was focused on Eagles material, ignoring the Walsh anomaly.

I'd love to hear Walsh play his Eagles tunes rather than the half dozen tracks he's done forever but I'm expecting Funk #49, Rocky Mountain Way and Life's Been Good, which opens the door for The Boys Of Summer and Dirty Laundry etc.

I originally expected the Eagles to concentrate on their uptempo rock songs but Vince's comments have conVinced me that the Classic East / West shows will be almost entirely major hits. Henley's top solo tracks definitely come into that category.

I think we'll have to wait until late 2017 or early 2018, and the title of their next tour, to see how the future Eagles are going to shape up.

BillBailey1976
06-27-2017, 03:10 PM
I think it's fair to say that, just like Rocky Mountain Way, and Funk 49, Dirty Laundry and Boys of Summer are "Eagles" Songs. Not studio recorded Eagles songs, but nonetheless Eagles.

Life's Been Good, All Night Long, and Seven Bridges Road were all on an official Eagles release (Eagles Live).
as was New York Minute (Hell Freezes Over), Funk 49, All She Wants to Do is Dance & Dirty Laundry (Selected Works Millennium Concert).

If you count Live DVD releases:
Heart of the Matter (HFO), One Day at a Time, Sunset Grill, You Belong to the City, Walk Away, Dirty Laundry, Boys of Summer, Funk 49, Rocky Mountain Way, and Life's Been Good (Farewell 1) are all on Eagles releases.

If you were to limit it to Studio Recordings, then Seven Bridges Road wouldn't be an Eagles song.

shunlvswx
06-27-2017, 03:46 PM
The thing about Joe's solo songs is his solo songs has been on the setlist since he joined the band. This just didn't start compare to when they put Don and Glenn's solo songs in the setlist when they reunion. So I expect the usual Joe solo songs in the setlist. I would like Help Me Thru the Night back in the setlist. I love that song.

As for Don solo songs. If they do put some in there, its probably going to be 2, but the audience probably just want to hear the Eagles hit especially since Glenn is not with us anymore. Minus Joe's solo songs, they kept the HOTE tour strictly Eagles songs. They might keep it just Eagles songs(of course minus Joe's usual solo songs plus his two Eagles songs).

Sad to say, I do see Deacon singing more songs than Timothy. If Deacon and Vince are sharing Glenn's songs that means either Deacon and Vince will have equal amount of songs by Glenn or one or two songs less with Deacon. I know I said 10, but most of the songs that I listed for Glenn are songs they've been playing in concert since the band began and then some(meaning more songs were added with each new album). Most of his songs have been in the setlist since they got back together in 1994.

I just don't see Timothy singing more than his usual 2 songs. Timothy is lucky they kept Love Will Keep Us Alive because after the HFO tour, they dropped the other new songs from the HFO album. Maybe they did that to let Timothy have one more song instead of one since the Eagles was about to break up when he did The Long Run album.

Delilah
06-27-2017, 05:15 PM
I was around (i.e. part of the youth culture) when Don H made it big as a solo artist and there's no way I consider his solo material, or Joe's or Glenn's, "Eagles" songs. These songs stand on their own. Yes, they've been performed countless times during live shows, so it stands to reason they end up on live Eagles compilations (but no studio albums).

That being said, I fully expect some Don and Joe solo material will be performed. I hope some of Glenn's solo work will be performed as well. Perhaps Deacon will sing a song or two. I appreciate that Timothy is a veteran and Deacon is a newbie but I don't think that should play a role in who gets more leads, esp. when it comes to who will sing Glenn's songs. Maybe instead of LWKUA, Timothy can sing True Love or something.

I think it would be a mistake for the new Eagles to adopt the same old playbook. It would be better for them to shake things up a bit and try something different.

Jonny Come Lately
06-27-2017, 05:31 PM
I don't know if I quite see them doing 10 Glenn Frey songs. Glenn typically only sang lead on around 8 songs per concert.

If I had to guess, I would say you'll see
Vince = LE, TITTL, HT, NKIT
Deacon = PEF, TIE

As was stated above, I don't think Deacon will sing more than Tim. I can see Tim doing his 2 traditional songs LWKUA and ICTYW...plus either a solo song, or IDWTHA.

And Glenn and Don almost never had the same amount of leads. Don typically had 3 to 4 more leads per show.

HFO
Don = 11
Glenn = 8
Joe = 6

HOTE
Don = 11
Glenn = 8
Joe = 5
Tim = 2
Bernie = 1

LROOE
Don = 12
Glenn = 8
Joe = 6
Tim = 3

Millenium Tour
Don = 12
Glenn = 9
Joe = 6
Tim = 2

F1 is the only tour in recent years (since the resumption) where Glenn has been nearly the same in leads.
Don = 11
Glenn = 10
Joe = 6
Tim = 2

(I assigned Hole in the World and Seven Bridges Road to Don, but left No More Walk in the Wood out...since it's truly a choir song although Don and Tim really stand out to me)

Very interesting and measured analysis, BB! Here are my thoughts on the setlist possibilities.

With Glenn’s songs, I suspect they will play his Eagles hits as opposed to his solo songs or more obscure tracks like James Dean or his LROOE songs. Given that Vince will be singing LE, TITTL, NKIT and HT, of Glenn’s big hits that would leave TIE, PEF, AG and Tequila Sunrise for Deacon to sing. TIE is surely nailed on, and I think it’s highly likely that they will play PEF as well. I’m slightly less sure about the other two - IIRC when they did shorter setlists towards to the end of the LROOE tour a few years ago, they dropped those two songs (they also dropped BOML, leaving the On The Border album unrepresented), so I wouldn’t be so surprised if one of those two missed out (just checked, this is the thread: https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3154). If I was to guess though, I think they will be included.

Of the more unusual songs on the HOTE setlist, TLHTM will definitely not be included (unless Bernie makes a surprise appearance) and I also think the lesser known Desperado tracks are unlikely to be played. I wouldn’t rule out Those Shoes however, as it wasn’t tied into the ‘history’ theme like the earlier songs, although I guess VOL (which would also chiefly showcases Don and the lead guitar players) could replace it. As for Don's songs in general, I don't see massive changes, although I see Wasted Time maybe being included (more likely than The Last Resort, IMO, as the Eagles have played it far more often as a band).

With regards to Joe and Tim, I’d be shocked if they dropped Joe’s big three solo tracks or In The City, although I could maybe see PMAIAR being taken out, possibly for another of his solo songs like Walk Away. I expect that Tim will play his usual two songs - they could maybe swap out LWKUA for IDTWHAM, but ICTYW seems a racing certainty, and I’d be very surprised if they played any of his solo songs. Speaking of Long Road Out Of Eden, I think it’s unlikely they’ll play much (if anything) from the album, although I could imagine How Long finding a place – it was played on a couple of nights on the HOTE tour along with 7BR so maybe it could be a possibility with Deacon doing Glenn’s vocals? I wouldn’t put money on it though.

If any Don solo songs are played (my inkling is that there is a fair chance, although I’m not certain) then I think DL and BOS seem the most likely candidates. I am less sure about All She Wants To Do Is Dance, which he didn’t play when I saw him last year (this very night last year, in fact!). He did play Sunset Grill that night, although it wasn’t a permanent fixture on the European leg of the tour. Interestingly, when Don played Hyde Park in London last summer with a shortened set, he cut out virtually all of the Cass County songs (https://peterviney.wordpress.com/peter-viney-music-rock-the-band-record-cover/concert-reviews/don-henley-hyde-park/
), so I think it’s very unlikely that he’ll play anything other than his big solo hits.

I don’t know how long they’ll be playing for, so that will probably having some bearing on whether some of the probables/possibles find their way onto the setlist or not. Overall, however, I’d expect something between the extremes HOTE (very strongly oriented towards Eagles songs, including a number of comparatively obscure songs) and the other tours, particularly F1 (more geared towards the most recongisable hits, whether released by the Eagles or as solo works).

BillBailey1976
06-27-2017, 09:30 PM
I was around (i.e. part of the youth culture) when Don H made it big as a solo artist and there's no way I consider his solo material, or Joe's or Glenn's, "Eagles" songs. These songs stand on their own. Yes, they've been performed countless times during live shows, so it stands to reason they end up on live Eagles compilations (but no studio albums).

I guess when you were coming up has a lot to do with these sort of opinions. Although I love the 70's stuff, concerts that I have watched, live stuff, etc....I really became an Eagles fan when they reunited. I was in high school, and fell in love with them watching VH1's "Eagles Family Tree" stuff, including the Don Kirshner stuff, HFO, and even South of Sunset!! I remember going out and buying the HFO cassette and VHS the day it came out. So, as long as I've known the Eagles, including the first time I saw them, all those songs were part of that fabric.

That being said, I fully expect some Don and Joe solo material will be performed. I hope some of Glenn's solo work will be performed as well. Perhaps Deacon will sing a song or two. I appreciate that Timothy is a veteran and Deacon is a newbie but I don't think that should play a role in who gets more leads, esp. when it comes to who will sing Glenn's songs. Maybe instead of LWKUA, Timothy can sing True Love or something.

It doesn't really fit that well, but I'd love to see Timothy sing Red Dirt Road, or even go back and pull Keep on Tryin' out. I know they did that song live in their last tour in 80'

I think it would be a mistake for the new Eagles to adopt the same old playbook. It would be better for them to shake things up a bit and try something different.

I think a major shakeup in song order, and selection would be very invigorating. Give the band a chance to express themselves. We've been kind of assuming the set list would be similar, due to the necessity of the hits, but that assumption may be wrong, since Glenn was the major driving force in the arrangement before. Don may have a different vision, and just deferred to Glenn all those years.

BillBailey1976
06-27-2017, 09:36 PM
I would love to see Take It Easy done as a multi part lead. Have Deacon Do verse 1, Vince do verse 2, and Don do verse 3.

I think that it should end the show. Maybe before final encore, have a montage of Glenn's moments from the start of the band, right up through HOTE....and fade out with Glenn's voice from the HFO video

"......and here's how it all started"

Funk 50
06-30-2017, 12:42 PM
I really don't think the audience at the Classic East / West shows will be that bothered about the Eagles history, Glenn dying and the significance of Deacon and Vince being on stage with them. I think they'll just want to have a good time and get their substantial money's worth. :-?

maryc2130
07-05-2017, 09:14 AM
I can't believe this is only 10 days away. I'm really looking forward to seeing what the set list is and who sings what. I think Don and Vince singing "No Thank You" as they did on Don's Cass County album would be a fun addition - maybe with switching off the verses instead of just having Vince sing back-up. I doubt it will happen, though, for this kind of a show. Maybe if they add more tour dates.

Funk 50
07-06-2017, 05:58 AM
I can't believe this is only 10 days away. I'm really looking forward to seeing what the set list is and who sings what. I think Don and Vince singing "No Thank You" as they did on Don's Cass County album would be a fun addition - maybe with switching off the verses instead of just having Vince sing back-up. I doubt it will happen, though, for this kind of a show. Maybe if they add more tour dates.

Don's solo set lists tend to be the most interesting and adventurous out of the Eagles. There's a chance that they'll perform No Thank You but Don likes to be faithful to the album version. I expect Vince's Heartache Tonight will be closer to the original than Glenn's HOTE Tour version.

I saw an Eagles tribute set list that opened with Hole In the World and Heartache Tonight, obviously referring to Glenn's absence. I'm expecting a procession of hits but Don does pay attention to the lyrical content of songs so tracks specifically about loss, closure, rebirth etc. may sneak into the set list. :-)

shunlvswx
07-07-2017, 11:08 AM
https://instagram.com/p/BWNmug4hOXV/

Here's Deacon with his father's old guitar, Old Black. Nice picture of Deacon.

East Texas Girl
07-07-2017, 12:32 PM

Great picture, Shun!! He favors his father a lot here. :thumbsup:

Brooke
07-07-2017, 04:25 PM
He definitely has his dad's hair! Beautiful!

buffyfan145
07-07-2017, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the pic Shun!!! :D Wow, he does look a lot like his dad there and love seeing Old Black too.

LuvTim
07-07-2017, 05:31 PM

Very nice photo, shun. Thank you. :)

New Kid In Town
07-07-2017, 07:31 PM
Great photo of Deacon with old black. He looks a lot like a young Glenn in this photo. Thank You Shun.

Ive always been a dreamer
07-07-2017, 09:22 PM
Thanks for posting that link, shun. OMG - Deacon does look so much like Glenn did around the same age. When I saw the picture, it immediately reminded me of one picture of Glenn when he was approximately the same age as Deacon is now. I put them side-by side and will post them over in Frey Fever.

sodascouts
07-09-2017, 10:21 PM
Amazing photo. Thanks, shun.

carol7lynn
07-10-2017, 01:41 PM
Single day tickets are dropping for Saturday's L.A. show Section A3 Row 4 just popped up.

CarolC

Delilah
07-11-2017, 08:45 AM
CarolC, did you get your tickets? I can't believe this is only a few days away!

NightMistBlue
07-11-2017, 09:12 AM
East Texas Girl must be in a frenzy of excitement. I do hope it cools off a bit for this weekend, it's been brutal in California.

buffyfan145
07-11-2017, 10:10 AM
Can't believe it's this coming weekend too but looking forward to hearing about it.

Philh
07-11-2017, 10:15 AM
I'm going to Classic East and can't decide if I want to read all about Classic West including the set list or keep it as a surprise.

shunlvswx
07-11-2017, 10:48 AM
I saw on facebook that somebody heard that the Classic West will be on Sirius Vinyl Saturday. I don't know how true it is, but I will check it on Saturday.

New Kid In Town
07-11-2017, 11:37 AM
Whom ever is going to the West festival, I hope you have a great time. I am looking forward to hearing about it.

maryc2130
07-11-2017, 11:52 AM
Whom ever is going to the West festival, I hope you have a great time. I am looking forward to hearing about it.

Same here! Have a great time and be sure to report back with all the details!

shunlvswx
07-11-2017, 12:13 PM
I can't believe its almost here. 4 more days. I hope Deacon is not too nervous as he sings in front of the huge crowd on Saturday.

I wish them nothing but luck on Saturday. I really hope its a huge success.

East Texas Girl
07-11-2017, 01:33 PM
East Texas Girl must be in a frenzy of excitement. I do hope it cools off a bit for this weekend, it's been brutal in California.

NMB, you are so right!! I cannot wait till Saturday!! :rockon:

I have been watching the temps and LA's seem to be similar to mine here in Texas, maybe even cooler than mine this weekend. (I hope)

I have a map of all things I want to see/visit in LA, my own version of an "Eagles pilgrimage", I want to make sure I hit as many sites as I can. :grin:

Delilah
07-11-2017, 01:59 PM
ETG, it sounds like a great trip. Have fun! And if by some miracle Randy does show up on stage for whatever reason or however short amount of time, please blow him a kiss for us Randy fans!! :love:

East Texas Girl
07-11-2017, 02:10 PM
ETG, it sounds like a great trip. Have fun! And if by some miracle Randy does show up on stage for whatever reason or however short amount of time, please blow him a kiss for us Randy fans!! :love:

Thanks Delilah! If Randy does show up (oh I pray that he will) I am sure you will be able to hear me screaming from LA all the way to the east coast! I will definitely let him know he has lots of fans out here that still love him! :smitten:

Funk 50
07-11-2017, 02:18 PM
I can't believe its almost here. 4 more days. I hope Deacon is not too nervous as he sings in front of the huge crowd on Saturday.

I wish them nothing but luck on Saturday. I really hope its a huge success.

I'm rooting for them too shunlvswx. It's the biggest Eagles upheaval since HFO in 1994, Walsh in 1975 or maybe since they started out in 1972.

I hope everybody on stage rises to the challenge.
Bands used to be very competitive in the 70s. Up against a rejuvenated Fleetwood Mac, I'd say Eagles are the underdogs. (insert profuse sweating smilie). An appearance from Randy would definitely tip the balance though :p.

Brooke
07-11-2017, 03:03 PM
Yes, it's finally about here!

ETG, have fun and hurry back to report to us! I'm very curious!

maryc2130
07-11-2017, 03:19 PM
I'm rooting for them too shunlvswx. It's the biggest Eagles upheaval since HFO in 1994, Walsh in 1975 or maybe since they started out in 1972.

I hope everybody on stage rises to the challenge.
Bands used to be very competitive in the 70s. Up against a rejuvenated Fleetwood Mac, I'd say Eagles are the underdogs. (insert profuse sweating smilie). An appearance from Randy would definitely tip the balance though :p.

Yes, it's very exciting. Wishing them all the best!

LuvTim
07-12-2017, 08:01 PM
As I posted in the Eagles 3.0 thread:

1. Be advised that Sirius xm channel 26, Classic Vinyl, says that they will broadcast the show this weekend.

2. Safe travels to everyone attending.

New Kid In Town
07-12-2017, 08:06 PM
As I said earlier, safe travels to everyone attending the the festival and have a wonderful time.

buffyfan145
07-12-2017, 08:39 PM
Hoping everyone going has a great time and safe travels too.

shunlvswx
07-12-2017, 10:46 PM
As I posted in the Eagles 3.0 thread:

1. Be advised that Sirius xm channel 26, Classic Vinyl, says that they will broadcast the show this weekend.

2. Safe travels to everyone attending.

I did bring it up earlier (even though I didn't know if it was true until I saw more evidence), but it looks like nobody even notice again. :cry: I think I'm just not going shared anything anymore.

New Kid In Town
07-12-2017, 10:55 PM
Shun - I saw it when you first posted it. Thank you for all your efforts. I do not subscribe to Sirius Radio.

travlnman2
07-12-2017, 11:07 PM
Have fun everyone.

FreyFollower
07-12-2017, 11:17 PM
I did bring it up earlier (even though I didn't know if it was true until I saw more evidence), but it looks like nobody even notice again. :cry: I think I'm just not going shared anything anymore.

Shun, I appreciated your posting about Sirius. I was just depressed because I used to have it, but had to drop it because it was so expensive. Like NKIT, I look forward to your timely updates and the trouble that you go to when posting things for everyone! Please keep sharing!

Funk 50
07-13-2017, 06:32 AM
CLASSIC VINYL

Quote:
Sat Jul 15 6:00 pm - Sun Jul 16 2:00 am
Classic West on Classic Vinyl
Live coverage from LA's Dodger Stadium of Classic West featuring Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Doobie Brothers, Steely Dan, Journey and Earth Wind & Fire with Meg Griffin and Jim Ladd

Quote:
Sun Jul 16 6:00 pm - Mon Jul 17 2:00 am
Classic West on Classic Vinyl
Live coverage from LA's Dodger Stadium of Classic West featuring Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Doobie Brothers, Steely Dan, Journey and Earth Wind & Fire with Meg Griffin and Jim Ladd

8 hours X2! very promising

maryc2130
07-13-2017, 08:55 AM

Shun, please keep sharing. You always give great information. I'm planning on looking into Sirius, but haven't had a chance yet -- not sure if I can afford it.

Thanks so much for all the pictures and info you post!

shunlvswx
07-13-2017, 09:16 AM
Thanks everybody.

maryc2130. Sirius online cheapest plan is about 10 a month. I'm on the trial thing right now and thank goodness my trial hasn't ended yet.

I might get sirius since Don seems to pop up on there a lot lately. I love when Don is guest DJ. He does such a great job telling his opinion on his favorite songs. He needs to be a DJ on the Sirius. He's got that DJ voice.

Wow!!! Yehaw. We will get to hear it. The whole thing. Too bad its not visual, but I'm not complaining. It looks like I'll be staying up late on Saturday.

UndertheWire
07-13-2017, 09:39 AM
Shun, please carry on telling us about it. As I'm outside the US, I don't have the option of subscribing to Sirius so I'm relying on you to provide the highlights.

buffyfan145
07-13-2017, 10:31 AM
I saw your post too Shun but I don't have Sirius either. Wish we had a like button like on FB, Twitter, and Tumblr.

Philh
07-13-2017, 10:49 AM
The Classic organisers have informed me that unfortunately there are no plans to record the shows for commercial release.

Don has previously said they will be under enough pressure without adding to it.

shunlvswx
07-13-2017, 11:01 AM
Darn, but I am glad they are during this live. I wish everybody can watch it. If it wasn't for my 30 day trial, I probably wouldn't be watching it either, but than again. I would find a way to do another 30 day trial like I did for when Don was guest DJ for the Beatles.

Irving must had done a deal with Sirius Radio or Sirius just decided to do the whole thing. I really hope the whole 8 hours won't be just interviews and not all the festival. I would love to hear what the guys said about Saturday, but anything else. I really don't care about. So if the concert starts at 6:00pm Eastern/5:00pm Central and the Doobie Brothers and Steely Dan might be doing maybe 2 hours each, I see the guys coming on around 10:00pm Eastern/9:00pm Central with them maybe doing 3 hours.

LuvTim
07-13-2017, 11:11 AM

Sorry, shun. I've been so busy, and with little time left over, I've missed a lot of posts this summer, not just yours.
So sorry to step on toes. Just wanted to help.
Thanks for all you do to keep us informed.

shunlvswx
07-13-2017, 11:20 AM
That's ok, LuvTim. Thanks for bringing it forward.

Brooke
07-13-2017, 02:02 PM
Shun, I remember you posting about it earlier too. I would have forgotten about it had it not been mentioned again though!

Thanks for all your work keeping us 'posted'! Appreciate it! :thumbsup:

East Texas Girl
07-13-2017, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the safe travels everyone! I wish the same for the others that are going. I pray everything goes off without a hitch.

I can not begin to say how excited I am!!! :partytime:

NightMistBlue
07-13-2017, 05:58 PM
We'll be thinking of you, East Texas! Have a ball! :wave:

Vector
07-14-2017, 07:43 PM
Call me an optimist in spite of what I know to be the likely outcome, but maybe the Eagles will have a special guest or two in addition to Vince & Deacon. Granted neither one of them can replace Frey, but maybe a combo along with a special bassist or guitar player for a song or two, would go a long way in helping me to get past the current state of affairs I find myself in with them.

UndertheWire
07-15-2017, 06:43 AM
Here's the schedule:

There are still plenty of good single-day tickets available. Doors open at 3:00. On Saturday, The Doobies go on first at 5:00, followed by Steely Dan at 7:00 and the Eagles closing it out at 8:30. The show is scheduled to end at 11.
On Sunday, it's Earth, Wind & Fire at 5:00 followed by Journey at 6:30 and Fleetwood Mac at 8:45. All times are approximate and subject to change.
http://www.thesoundla.com/blogs/classic-rock-morning-show/don-henley-what-you-can-expect-weekend-classic-west

shunlvswx
07-15-2017, 09:37 AM
I figured the guys are going to do a two and a half hour show. I'm not surprised on that one.

I can't wait for tonight and listen to it on Sirius Vinyl. Thank goodness my 30 day trial thing was still going on.

Since they're on the West Coast this weekend, the time for us in the other time zones are 11:30pm Eastern, 10:30pm Central and 9:30pm Mountain.

New Kid In Town
07-15-2017, 10:09 AM
Thank You Shun - coming thru again for us ! I don't subscribe to sirius do you think it will be on you tube or some other way to hear it ?

shunlvswx
07-15-2017, 10:23 AM
It might, but you got to get those videos fast because its going to get block once its up.

Have you ever done the 30 day trial for sirius? That's what I'm using and I did it a few times to listen to Don on Sirius. I had the trial for almost a month. I got it when Don was guest DJ last month.

NightMistBlue
07-15-2017, 11:19 AM
Thanks, Shun - I didn't know there was such a thing.

Philh
07-15-2017, 01:49 PM
It seems Milo Deering and Erica from Don's band will be appearing.
Info from the Classic say the Eagles wil be on stage at 8:45 to 23:00