PDA

View Full Version : Felder at Quintana Roo, Mexico Oct 26; Henley Nov. 1, 2017 - Rock Getaway - CANCELLED

Philh
04-04-2017, 02:57 PM
This date is on Don's site. Has he played in Mexico before?

shunlvswx
04-04-2017, 03:55 PM
I saw that on facebook last week. They will have other artists there. Felder will be there too.:woah: But he and Don are there on different days.

I think this is the first time I've ever seen Don and Felder's name on the same poster for the same event, but on different days.

http://www.rockgetaway.com/

NightMistBlue
04-04-2017, 04:41 PM
Quintana Roo is the name of the state. I wonder why they don't give the town name. Anyway, from looking at a map seems like it's between Playa del Carmen and Tulum. Very interesting. One would expect a Hard Rock Hotel to be in Cancun, not halfway down the coast. Maybe Cancun is getting built out? It's been a long time since I was there (2002).

Eagles7
04-04-2017, 10:18 PM
Phase 1: Don Felder and Don Henley playing the same event at the same venue...even though it is at different times.

This is the closest those two have been in ages.

Also in January Felder and Joe Walsh were both doing Vegas residencies simultaneously.

Is Hell Freezing Over again?

Freypower
04-04-2017, 10:56 PM
Phase 1: Don Felder and Don Henley playing the same event at the same venue...even though it is at different times.

This is the closest those two have been in ages.

Also in January Felder and Joe Walsh were both doing Vegas residencies simultaneously.

Is Hell Freezing Over again?

Coincidence.

BillBailey1976
08-09-2017, 01:11 PM
Coincidence.

I'm sure it is coincidence. But sometimes just a chance meeting can turn into a conversation, that can turn into an idea, that can turn into something more.
Not saying I think there is any chance of this, but you never can rule it out when you have guys with history in proximity to one another. Time has a way of smoothing some things over. Maybe not this...but maybe...

shunlvswx
08-09-2017, 01:14 PM
Neither Don or Felder will be there on the same day. Felder is there on October 26th while Don is there November 1st. Felder will probably be long gone from Mexico when Don is there.

travlnman2
08-24-2017, 02:41 PM
OMG :woah:
https://www.facebook.com/events/295930457495142/pending/ :woah

travlnman2
08-24-2017, 02:46 PM
They are not playing the same night but I thought this was big news that they would even be together kn THE SAME BILL.

Funk 50
08-24-2017, 04:24 PM
Do you think Don (F) will search out Don (H) with his olive branch?

Henley likes authenticity. Maybe they can turn out for each other's, inevitable encore, that they wrote together with Glenn, Hotel California.

I don't think either of them play it in the key it was originally written or released in though :huh:

EagleInKansas
08-24-2017, 04:47 PM
Two things I thought we were beyond. Any possible public or private reconciliation between Don Felder and the Eagles, and pointing out that some songs are no longer played in their original key. THEY'RE 70 NOW!!! Is the key-change thing supposed to be some kind of insult? If so -- or if not -- it's been done. Let's move on.

shunlvswx
08-24-2017, 04:53 PM
Felder is there on October 26th. Don is there on November 1st. Felder will probably leave after his show and Don probably won't get there until maybe a day or two before his show. So I don't see the two Dons bumping into each other. Hell would definitely freeze over again and I don't see those two ever making up. Too much bad blood and burned bridges.

Freypower
08-24-2017, 06:31 PM
It isn't 'breaking'. We already have a topic about it.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6995

travlnman2
08-24-2017, 06:53 PM
It isn't 'breaking'. We already have a topic about it.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6995

Thank you FREYPOWER! :grin:
I was so shocked to see those two on the same bill I wasn't thinking

sodascouts
08-24-2017, 11:58 PM
It is a funny thing - them playing the same festival just days apart - I can understand why you'd react with amazement! However, I doubt they will interact at all, or even see each other.

NightMistBlue
08-25-2017, 12:23 PM
Randy (with Poco) and Mr. Henley played the same night at the same venue for Farm Aid 1990. It's not the same level of animosity and lawsuits as with Felder but still. Awkward, one would think.

Funk 50
08-25-2017, 01:07 PM
If Felder genuinely wants to build some bridges, it's a golden opportunity, to bypass the lawyers, that he may never get again. Whatever Henley has said in the past, we know that he's always liable to change his mind. Nobody knows how he'll respond to a personal approach from Felder in the future.
They've both done very well out of Hotel California.

New Kid In Town
08-25-2017, 02:18 PM
Funk - No, I do not think Don Henley will search out Don F. and extend any kind of olive branch. Don't forget, Felder made fun of Glenn's illness on his twitter account a couple of months before he passed. Sometimes you can not take things back that have been said in anger for 16 years. It is only within the last 1 1/2 years that Felder has refused to discuss or make any comments about Glenn, which I am glad he has wisely done.

chaim
08-25-2017, 02:20 PM
Two things I thought we were beyond. Any possible public or private reconciliation between Don Felder and the Eagles, and pointing out that some songs are no longer played in their original key. THEY'RE 70 NOW!!! Is the key-change thing supposed to be some kind of insult? If so -- or if not -- it's been done. Let's move on.

Standard procedure indeed.

Funk 50
08-25-2017, 03:47 PM
Funk - No, I do not think Don Henley will search out Don F. and extend any kind of olive branch. Don't forget, Felder made fun of Glenn's illness on his twitter account a couple of months before he passed. Sometimes you can not take things back that have been said in anger for 16 years. It is only within the last 1 1/2 years that Felder has refused to discuss or make any comments about Glenn, which I am glad he has wisely done.

No I don't think Henley will search out Felder either but I didn't suggest that. Henley wrote a great song about forgiveness so I guess he's open to the concept.

chaim
08-26-2017, 02:54 AM
No I don't think Henley will search out Felder either but I didn't suggest that. Henley wrote a great song about forgiveness so I guess he's open to the concept.

Perhaps it would be easier for Henley to forgive if Felder admitted that at some point he may have done something wrong too. But it seems Felder is still in the "I have forgiven them for every bad thing they have done to me, so they should answer my calls" situation.

Delilah
08-27-2017, 12:15 PM
Do you think Don (F) will search out Don (H) with his olive branch?

Henley likes authenticity. Maybe they can turn out for each other's, inevitable encore, that they wrote together with Glenn, Hotel California.

I don't think either of them play it in the key it was originally written or released in though :huh:

If Henley and Felder were to make up, it would be excellent publicity for the band and would create good will among many fans. Performing together is a whole other ballgame though.

sodascouts
08-27-2017, 07:12 PM
Perhaps it would be easier for Henley to forgive if Felder admitted that at some point he may have done something wrong too. But it seems Felder is still in the "I have forgiven them for every bad thing they have done to me, so they should answer my calls" situation.

I think this is pretty much the fundamental problem.

I think the only way they would interact is if Felder were to hang out backstage or in the hotel lobby or something, and ambush him... and I think the only thing that might give Henley pause would be if the first words out of Felder's mouth were "I'm sorry."

Dawn
08-27-2017, 08:06 PM
I think this is pretty much the fundamental problem.

I think the only way they would interact is if Felder were to hang out backstage or in the hotel lobby or something, and ambush him... and I think the only thing that might give Henley pause would be if the first words out of Felder's mouth were "I'm sorry."

I've never been sure what the heart of the matter is ... that Felder sued ... wrote a book ... to name just two possibilities ... and I've never been clear on where TBS and JW stood or Randy and Bernie for that matter. I think Glenn left no doubt how he felt about Felder and why but I also think Glenn was at his core very appreciative of his good fortune both professionally and personally and perhaps did't waste much if any time on Felder once Felder left the band for good.

Funk 50
08-28-2017, 11:34 AM

I totally agree, sodascouts and I think any contact with Tim and Joe will be, too awkward to be significant until Felder has had a cordial conversation with Henley.

Unless things happen at Quintana Roo, Mexico. I'll believe that Felder isn't really anxious to smooth the Eagles waters and a reconcilliation remains very unlikely. I'm sure that Felder has consciously stopped dissing his former band in inteviews though. :-)

shunlvswx
08-28-2017, 01:05 PM
I have to agree. Felder would had to be the one coming up to them. Not the other way around. They probably won't get up to him. I don't see Don ever going up to Felder.

Plus Felder had plenty of opportunities to talk to Joe last year. Both he and Joe were in Las Vegas at the same time. The NAMM thingy the week of Glenn's death. They were both there. If Joe and Felder ever did bumped into each other, you can bet they would post it on their social media page especially Felder.

longtimeeaglesfan
10-11-2017, 11:53 AM
I guess we'll never know...the whole thing appears to have been cancelled.

sodascouts
10-12-2017, 12:24 PM
Oh! I wonder what happened?