PDA

View Full Version : Hey everyone.

SilverAcidRayne
06-21-2017, 07:52 PM
I have a concern. I believe I have Joe Walsh following me on Instagram. Thing is he has a verified account and I got a follow from one that looks the same but no verification. I messaged him to see if it was really him and he says it is. He started talking to me about a program and then asked for financial assistance. now as much as I totally would support whatever he does this isn't sitting right with me. Because I don't think he would ask for that. Should I play it out and see who it really is or contact his official page?

WalshFan88
06-21-2017, 09:19 PM
I have a concern. I believe I have Joe Walsh following me on Instagram. Thing is he has a verified account and I got a follow from one that looks the same but no verification. I messaged him to see if it was really him and he says it is. He started talking to me about a program and then asked for financial assistance. now as much as I totally would support whatever he does this isn't sitting right with me. Because I don't think he would ask for that. Should I play it out and see who it really is or contact his official page?

No, no, and hell no!

A LOT of people try posing as big name individuals asking for money. It's NOT Joe. Happens to a lot of celebrities.

Not only would they steal your money but also your credentials.

Report the account to Instagram and send the real Joe a message.

SilverAcidRayne
06-21-2017, 09:28 PM
Absolutely. I'll even send the screenshots here. The exact same details is on this account. I asked for a website and I was sent this: Safealife.co.nf. I didn't send any credentials or anything because I smell bs.

WalshFan88
06-21-2017, 09:30 PM
Absolutely. I'll even send the screenshots here. The exact same details is on this account. I asked for a website and I was sent this: Safealife.co.nf. I didn't send any credentials or anything because I smell bs.

Hahaha "safe" a life. I think you (they) mean SAVE a life. lol totally a scam. I don't trust foreign domains either as a rule. A lot of them are non-legit.

SilverAcidRayne
06-21-2017, 09:38 PM
Right? Now I'm pissed. I was all excited about that and now I have to be an asshole. Lol I mean I thought he set it up as a separate account. Ugh.

SilverAcidRayne
06-21-2017, 09:41 PM
Yep. I have to be an asshole.

FreyFollower
06-21-2017, 10:19 PM
Don't be hard on yourself, just careful. The scammer is the a-hole. Folks like that prey on people they know are enthusiastic about an artist. Such as when a friend of mine went to a concert and told me about it the next day. She was bummed because she had met the artist's dad after the show. He told her that he lived close by, and she should come visit...but she didn't have time. I asked what he looked like. She said he was tall, blonde, and blue eyed like the artist. I told her that his dad was brunette, brown eyed, and lived in Kentucky. I think I made her mad by bursting her bubble. But no telling what the guy had in mind! Always be suspicious, and keep yourself and your money safe!

SilverAcidRayne
06-21-2017, 10:29 PM
Oh absolutely. I even told the person that I wanted to make sure that was him because of fakes. me being internet savvy I knew right away something wasn't right. I reported that one and messaged Joe. Funny he hasn't answered BECAUSE HE IS BUSY. lmao

Too many scammers man. I watch catfish. Not today Satan. 😂😂😂😂

LuvTim
06-21-2017, 11:55 PM
Oh absolutely. I even told the person that I wanted to make sure that was him because of fakes. me being internet savvy I knew right away something wasn't right. I reported that one and messaged Joe. Funny he hasn't answered BECAUSE HE IS BUSY. lmao

Too many scammers man. I watch catfish. Not today Satan. 😂😂😂😂

:yay: You done good.

Funk 50
06-22-2017, 05:21 AM

Joe has "accountants to pay for it all"

NightMistBlue
06-22-2017, 09:52 AM
Funk is right; Joe will not be needing financial assistance in this lifetime.

Philh
06-22-2017, 04:09 PM
Similar thing happened to me. I had Kenny Rogers asking me for money on TWITTER. The scammer had copied the real Kenny Rogers Twitter account and came up with a fantastic story about a suitcase containing lots of cash! I knew it was a scam so went along with it for a while and gave him a hard time by asking questions about how he first met Don Henley etc. I believe they also tried the scam using the Twitter accounts of Sheryl Crow and Martina McBride.

SilverAcidRayne
06-22-2017, 05:35 PM
Yeah. Looks like the exact crap happened with Instagram. And I still haven't heard anything from the real Joe. I didn't see his name on any of those sites. He's affiliated with facing addiction. That's the only thing I saw. Nothing about a save a life. And he absolutely would not ask for money in that fashion. a bunch of bull. lol

Philh
07-07-2017, 03:02 AM
Tift Merrit is the latest singer to have her Twitter account copied for fraud purposes. They totally copy the account but put an extra letter in the spelling.