PDA

View Full Version : Eagles at the Grand Ole Opry - Oct. 29, Nashville, TN

buffyfan145
10-02-2017, 10:22 AM
Just saw this article from Variety that the Eagles (with Vince and Deacon) are going to be playing at the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville and the concert is going to be broadcasted on Sirius XM, as well as they're going to have a limited Eagles station on the service in November and during the Thanksgiving weekend. Playing at the Orpy is a big honor, especially for the Eagles showing how much they've played a part in country music.

http://variety.com/2017/music/news/eagles-grand-ole-opry-siriusxm-concert-1202577506/

Dawn
10-02-2017, 11:06 AM
Just saw this article from Variety that the Eagles (with Vince and Deacon) are going to be playing at the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville and the concert is going to be broadcasted on Sirius XM, as well as they're going to have a limited Eagles station on the service in November and during the Thanksgiving weekend. Playing at the Orpy is a big honor, especially for the Eagles showing how much they've played a part in country music.

http://variety.com/2017/music/news/eagles-grand-ole-opry-siriusxm-concert-1202577506/

Wow, how sad this could not have happened when Glenn Frey was in the band.

Delilah
10-02-2017, 11:11 AM
Wow, what a great honor to be invited to play at the Opry! It's old hat for Vince but for the others... No mention of Bernie in the article but he really deserves to be on that stage as much the others. I believe he still resides in the Nashville area too.

Dawn
10-02-2017, 01:00 PM
Wow, what a great honor to be invited to play at the Opry! It's old hat for Vince but for the others... No mention of Bernie in the article but he really deserves to be on that stage as much the others. I believe he still resides in the Nashville area too.

I gotta say making Vince Gill a guest Eagle was a genius move by Azoff and Henley.

I agree about Bernie perhaps for "old times" sake they will invite him to participate but I won't hold my breath.

buffyfan145
10-02-2017, 04:58 PM
It would've been so nice if this would've happened when Glenn was still here. I think he would've loved it. That would be nice too if Bernie is invited.

Freypower
10-02-2017, 06:15 PM
It would've been so nice if this would've happened when Glenn was still here. I think he would've loved it. That would be nice too if Bernie is invited.

Well, it didn't, and that's all we're going to get now. :mad: :hand:

Delilah
10-02-2017, 06:49 PM
I gotta say making Vince Gill a guest Eagle was a genius move by Azoff and Henley.

Someone on the other thread said Vince was a member of the Opry. I may be wrong but it would appear it was his influence that led to the Eagles invite. Don H was definitely smart to get someone with that kind of sway, at least in Nashville.

I agree about Bernie perhaps for "old times" sake they will invite him to participate but I won't hold my breath.

It would be the right, classy thing to do, but I won't hold my breath either.

shunlvswx
10-02-2017, 09:05 PM
Yes. Vince is a member of the Grand Ole Opry and also a Country Music Hall of Famer. He's been an Opry member for 26 years now. I think Vince just played there two weeks ago to celebrate Reba's I think 35 years. I could be wrong with the years. Vince frequently plays the Opry.

Don had a concert at the Ryman which used to the Grand Ole Opry home for many years before it moved to its current location. Actually twice.

Dawn
10-04-2017, 01:15 PM
Here's one way to get tickets

http://blog.siriusxm.com/2017/10/04/eagles-to-perform-first-ever-concert-at-grand-ole-opry-house-exclusively-for-siriusxm/

SiriusXM subscribers since September 12, 2017, can enter for the chance to win a trip to Nashville including airfare, hotel stay and a pair of tickets to the show. See Official Rules for complete details.

longtimeeaglesfan
10-04-2017, 03:31 PM
It says "invitation only" for Sirius XM listeners. I did enter their contest as I am a subscriber but I wonder how the other invitees will be selected. The contest is for "one" grand prize winner which covers hotel, airfare, etc.

Delilah
10-04-2017, 04:26 PM
I had forgotten Don performed at the Ryman. Thanks, Shun.

It says "invitation only" for Sirius XM listeners. I did enter their contest as I am a subscriber but I wonder how the other invitees will be selected. The contest is for "one" grand prize winner which covers hotel, airfare, etc.

As I stated in the press thread, I too, wonder who will be invited. At least the contest is a chance for a regular fan to go.

Don H is going to be pretty busy that week: concert in Detroit on the 27th, the Opry on the 29th, then Mexico on Nov. 1.

I’m not familiar with the Eagles SiriusXM channel... is this the first time the Eagles have had their own designated channel? According to the article Dawn posted, it will launch in November.

buffyfan145
10-04-2017, 04:54 PM
As far as I know this is the first time they've ever had a Sirius/XM station. My brother used to subscribe and I don't remember there being one.

longtimeeaglesfan
10-04-2017, 06:11 PM
There wasn't one. At Don's birthday meet and greet in Dallas someone asked him about that. He thought there was an Eagles Sirus/XM channel but he may have been thinking of iheart radio. He said he would check on getting one - apparently he did!

The Opry seats 4,400 people. It will be interesting to see who gets to attend - maybe there are enough friends/family/music business people to fill the seats.

Dawn
10-04-2017, 06:46 PM
I don't think they need to worry about filling seats. Not on Vince Gill's watch.

BlanketMan
10-10-2017, 11:23 PM
I don't think they need to worry about filling seats. Not on Vince Gill's watch.

I’m also wondering how the tickets will be distributed. Would love to be there!

Dawn
10-29-2017, 12:18 PM
Tonight- October 29

Hear a live, three-song “sneak peek” of the exclusive show at 11 pm ET/8 pm PT on SiriusXM’s The Bridge (Ch. 32), Classic Vinyl (Ch. 26) and The Spectrum Ch. 28) Ch. 28

http://blog.siriusxm.com/eagles-to-perform-first-ever-concert-at-grand-ole-opry-house-exclusively-for-siriusxm/

My My
10-29-2017, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the link, Dawn. I didn't realize the channel was going to be a limited run.

Dawn
10-29-2017, 02:38 PM
You're welcome MM

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey

WKMB55
10-29-2017, 09:41 PM
I could be mistaken but I thought I read somewhere that Henley's Mexico event had been cancelled.

shunlvswx
10-29-2017, 09:51 PM
Yes. It was canceled. The only concert left for Don is the concert with Lyle Lovett and Clint Black next month.