PDA

View Full Version : 1977 DC concert

groupie2686
10-08-2017, 12:41 AM
Does anyone know how to find the full 1977 DC concert? I just watched the HOTE documentary for the umpteenth time, including the bonus concert footage, and I'd really like to see the rest of it. Why do we only get about 30 minutes of it?

thelastresort
10-08-2017, 07:25 AM
Nowhere I have found, and given the band sat on it for over three decades I suspect any extra footage is well under lock and key. I suspect we only got 45 minutes (I would say slightly under half of the concert at a guess) owing to their relentless perfectionism, and either the rest didn't make the grade, or were too much effort to rectify.

There is certainly something suspect about the documentary playing the RMW footage and Joe singing 'Spent the last year Rocky Mountain way', when on the concert footage on the extra disk he sings 'Spent the last year Washington, D.C. way' at exactly the same moment...

New Kid In Town
10-08-2017, 12:15 PM
Groupie - The concert is the third disc in the HOTE dvd. It is about 40 minutes of the concert.

TLR - That concert in DC was a two day affair. I think they combined songs from both days for the disc. If I remember right(please correct me if I am wrong), Don said at his runway tour earlier this year that they were considering releasing the full concert. I would bet they have a shit load of film sitting in a vault somewhere. They claimed for almost 40 years they had no filmed footage of concerts and we get the DC concert when they release the HOTE dvd. I will take anything Don says with a grain of salt, especially regarding unreleased stuff.

YoungEaglesFan
10-08-2017, 01:27 PM
Groupie - The concert is the third disc in the HOTE dvd. It is about 40 minutes of the concert.

TLR - That concert in DC was a two day affair. I think they combined songs from both days for the disc. If I remember right(please correct me if I am wrong), Don said at his runway tour earlier this year that they were considering releasing the full concert. I would bet they have a shit load of film sitting in a vault somewhere. They claimed for almost 40 years they had no filmed footage of concerts and we get the DC concert when they release the HOTE dvd. I will take anything Don says with a grain of salt, especially regarding unreleased stuff.

I think I remember hearing about that too. I doubt it will happen but as they get older and think about what they are leaving behind I think they say "why not" and release it. I remember Felder talking about in his book concert Audio being stashed away for "posterity", and even though it was Locked up, it got released anyway without anyone's consent. Irving was going to release unreleased songs for the millennium online but didn't. I love this band but man can they please release some stuff

groupie2686
10-08-2017, 03:19 PM
New Kid - I know it's the third disc of HOTE, that's what I was talking about. 40 minutes is obviously not the entire concert. It really is too bad they've kept all of this material under lock and key. I think i read somewhere that they filmed every concert they'd ever done...so why not release some of it? I have no doubt it would sell.

Is there bootleg footage of the rest of the concert though? I haven't found any. To me, this was the eagles at their peak, they were never cooler than they were around 1976-1977. I'd really love to see the rest.

New Kid In Town
10-08-2017, 04:05 PM
Groupie - That whole concert was filmed - they chose to only release what is included with the HOTE dvd. Don said they "may" release the whole concert. I know they filmed post HFO. I am not sure about 72-80. I could be wrong but I think they did very little filming in the 70's. Like I said, I think they have a huge vault full of stuff they have never released.

thelastresort
10-08-2017, 04:05 PM
Thanks for correcting me re: the D.C. gig guys, I had heard that Henley had said something but I did not know the exact context. Hopefully it leads somewhere!

More generally, I don't doubt there is probably days' or weeks' worth of audio (or visual) recordings from their entire career in existence.

My biggest gripe with the Eagles (pre-Vince Gill) was their complete and utter negligence of releasing live material. They are one of the biggest bands of all time, arguably the biggest in their homeland, and all they have is a couple of live albums, a TV special and a 13-year old DVD.

They missed a monumental boat in never releasing a DVD for the HOTE tour, which would have earned untold $$$ and given their fans a souvenir of what is probably their definitive tour (just don't mention LROOE...). Should they do it now, they are doing so after the passing of their leader and would no doubt be scolded for cashing in on his death. It saddens me that we have no reminder of the wonderfully-worked first portion of those concerts, Bernie's return and some long-buried deep cuts being revived.

Talking of hidden footage, I also recall snippets of a Long Run era bootleg being shown (Glenn introducing TBS and part of Lyin' Eyes). I had no idea at all any sort of visual footage from that era existed. As much as I dislike some of the output of that era, I would probably kill to see the remainder of it: Joe Vitale onboard, the likes of Sad Cafe and King of Hollywood... wonderful stuff.

(Out of interest, I am presuming Seattle, Houston and Christchurch were all planned releases but were cancelled for some reason? (Understandable for the latter!).)

BillBailey1976
10-08-2017, 06:08 PM
I think the band should really think about releasing anything that is quality to do so. It's either do it now, reap the rewards and accolades, or whoever owns the rights after they die will release it and reap the rewards. Why not enjoy it?!?!?!?

groupie2686
10-08-2017, 06:18 PM
I hope Henley really does release this concert in its entirety.

What would be nice is a dvd with concert footage from different time periods, 1972-2016, not entire concerts, but different performances across the band's career. I have something like this for Led Zeppelin and it's great. I know it would sell, and it would be a nice tribute to Glenn.

New Kid In Town
10-08-2017, 06:25 PM
TLR - As far as I know Seattle and Houston are bootleg tapes filmed by people at the concerts - not the Eagles. I think Christ Church may be a bootleg too but the quality is so good I am not sure. I love that CC concert with the wind and rain.
I will never understand why they never released a dvd of HOTE - they filmed it and could have made a ton of money off it. IMHO it was a big mistake.
I would love to see the vault open up and release all the stuff we know they have. Hey Irving, we don't care if it's not perfect - just release it !

travlnman2
10-08-2017, 10:46 PM
This was the set if anyone is curious

Hotel California

Victim of Love

Already Gone

New Kid in Town
(Joe Walsh on keyboards)

Tequila Sunrise

Wasted Time

Turn to Stone
(Joe Walsh song)

Witchy Woman

Best of My Love

Peaceful Easy Feeling

Try and Love Again

Lyin' Eyes

One of These Nights

James Dean

Funk #49
(James Gang cover)

Life's Been Good
(Joe Walsh song)

Life in the Fast Lane

Desperado

Take It to the Limit

Rocky Mountain Way
(Joe Walsh song)

Take It Easy

YoungEaglesFan
10-09-2017, 12:45 AM

Hotel California

Victim of Love

Already Gone

New Kid in Town
(Joe Walsh on keyboards)

Tequila Sunrise

Wasted Time

Turn to Stone
(Joe Walsh song)

Witchy Woman

Best of My Love

Peaceful Easy Feeling

Try and Love Again

Lyin' Eyes

One of These Nights

James Dean

Funk #49
(James Gang cover)

Life's Been Good
(Joe Walsh song)

Life in the Fast Lane

Desperado

Take It to the Limit

Rocky Mountain Way
(Joe Walsh song)

Take It Easy

Where is this from? Not doubting you but I have only heard one person say they've seen TALA live before. I'd be pleasantly surprised if they played that. I'd love to hear victim of love live as well. The set iist seems kinda short. I have a feeling there was probably a couple more songs but that would be such a great concert

scottside
10-09-2017, 08:20 AM
Where is this from? Not doubting you but I have only heard one person say they've seen TALA live before. I'd be pleasantly surprised if they played that. I'd love to hear victim of love live as well. The set iist seems kinda short. I have a feeling there was probably a couple more songs but that would be such a great concert

Back in the the 70s, the Eagles didn't do the three hour shows they've been doing since they reformed in the 90s. I was one person who saw them do TALA live and it was in March of 1977 so I can easily believe it was played during this show as well.

New Kid In Town
10-09-2017, 08:20 AM
YEF - It comes from a site(forget the name) that list songs performed by groups in concert. From what I can gather the list is not always correct. From what I have seen from people who were there, they did more songs than that.

groupie2686
10-09-2017, 11:54 AM
That's a great setlist...now I want it even more. I'd love to see Try and Love Again done live.

YoungEaglesFan...there is video of them doing Victim of Love live, from the HFO tour.

YoungEaglesFan
10-09-2017, 12:19 PM
Back in the the 70s, the Eagles didn't do the three hour shows they've been doing since they reformed in the 90s. I was one person who saw them do TALA live and it was in March of 1977 so I can easily believe it was played during this show as well.

I heard of someone seeing it live but until that I heard it was a song that didn't make the set list so i wasn't sure

Delilah
10-09-2017, 12:46 PM
I hope Henley really does release this concert in its entirety.

What would be nice is a dvd with concert footage from different time periods, 1972-2016, not entire concerts, but different performances across the band's career. I have something like this for Led Zeppelin and it's great. I know it would sell, and it would be a nice tribute to Glenn.

It would be great if the whole ‘77 D.C Concert were released. However what Henley actually said according to the Runaway thread (the very first page, 2nd question) is that some live tracks from the 76/77 tour would be the included in the 40th Anniversary album. Chances are there will be something from the Capital Centre concert but I don’t think we can assume it will be the whole concert or that performances from the many other concerts they held won’t be included as well (I know you were not the one posted that it would be, I just wanted to clarify).

I agree with your DVD idea.

I’m guessing TM got it it from setlist.com (you may want to check it out) but of course he is the one who can answer that definitively.

thelastresort
10-09-2017, 01:14 PM
I agree the setlist would look something like that posted above in length and content, however I suspect Best of My Love is displaced in it (unless the sets differed greatly between the two shows), as the final bow footage from those gigs (featured in the doc only) shows Henley in the middle of them, with an acoustic guitar strapped around him. I don't think he did any other songs on guitar in those days, so unless they took their final bow mid-set then something is awry!

Delilah
10-09-2017, 01:43 PM
I agree the setlist would look something like that posted above in length and content, however I suspect Best of My Love is displaced in it (unless the sets differed greatly between the two shows), as the final bow footage from those gigs (featured in the doc only) shows Henley in the middle of them, with an acoustic guitar strapped around him. I don't think he did any other songs on guitar in those days, so unless they took their final bow mid-set then something is awry!

Maybe they agreed to do the “final bow” after BOML b/c they thought it would be the most opportune time with them all in front together. They knew this was being filmed for a documentary so some things were probably done differently than usual. It’s possible the footage was edited to make it seem the bow took place at the very end.

thelastresort
10-09-2017, 02:09 PM
Maybe they agreed to do the “final bow” after BOML b/c they thought it would be the most opportune time with them all in front together. They knew this was being filmed for a documentary so some things were probably done differently than usual. It’s possible the footage was edited to make it seem the bow took place at the very end.

Which is fair enough but would be a very bizarre thing to do, regardless of whether it was being filmed. It would take Don, what, less than ten seconds to hop down to the front and bow with them? The way they practically evacuate the stage after Take It Easy similarly makes me think it wasn't the final song.

Funk 50
10-09-2017, 03:41 PM

Hotel California

Victim of Love

Already Gone

New Kid in Town
(Joe Walsh on keyboards)

Tequila Sunrise

Wasted Time

Turn to Stone
(Joe Walsh song)

Witchy Woman

Best of My Love

Peaceful Easy Feeling

Try and Love Again

Lyin' Eyes

One of These Nights

James Dean

Funk #49
(James Gang cover)

Life's Been Good
(Joe Walsh song)

Life in the Fast Lane

Desperado

Take It to the Limit

Rocky Mountain Way
(Joe Walsh song)

Take It Easy

Joe's Life's Been Good was released in 1978. According to wikipedia, first on the FM Movie soundtrack (April) and then as a single and on the But Seriously Folks! album in May.

I'm pretty sure Walk Away would have been performed in 1977 on the Hotel California tour but not Pretty Maids All In A Row.

groupie2686
10-09-2017, 03:44 PM
Joe's Life's Been Good was released in 1978. According to wikipedia, first on the FM Movie soundtrack (April) and then as a single and on the But Seriously Folks! album in May.

It could be possible Life's Been Good was already written and they performed it before it was released.

YoungEaglesFan
10-09-2017, 04:12 PM
Which is fair enough but would be a very bizarre thing to do, regardless of whether it was being filmed. It would take Don, what, less than ten seconds to hop down to the front and bow with them? The way they practically evacuate the stage after Take It Easy similarly makes me think it wasn't the final song.

I suspect that best of my love was the first "last" song. They play it say goodbye, take a bow and leave. Then they come back plug in and play take it easy and the other encore number. Then run off after because they already said goodbye and then head off to the after party.

thelastresort
10-09-2017, 04:45 PM
I suspect that best of my love was the first "last" song. They play it say goodbye, take a bow and leave. Then they come back plug in and play take it easy and the other encore number. Then run off after because they already said goodbye and then head off to the after party.

Which then brings the integrity of the setlist previously given into question.

Delilah
10-09-2017, 05:20 PM

Good point. Perhaps they took several final bows through out the show and selected the best one. Don H may have been too sweaty or something after hitting those drums.

Given the mental state of many of the audience members, it may not have seemed too bizarre.

New Kid In Town
10-09-2017, 11:17 PM
Just my 2 cents but, what I think they may have done is take the best songs from the two nights and but them on the dvd with no particular order. I have read that TIE was usually the last song done back then. It was when I saw them.
I hope they put out a dvd of the whole concert and well as any other footage they have from the 70's.

BillBailey1976
10-11-2017, 12:51 PM
Just my 2 cents but, what I think they may have done is take the best songs from the two nights and but them on the dvd with no particular order. I have read that TIE was usually the last song done back then. It was when I saw them.
I hope they put out a dvd of the whole concert and well as any other footage they have from the 70's.

Yeah when I saw them in 95, they opened with HC and closed with TIE. You couldn't have had better bookends for a concert....
I really wasn't crazy about them ending HOTE with Desperado...I know it's a nice poignant song, but I like something upbeat to hit the road with.

Pippinwhite
10-11-2017, 09:10 PM
It's common practice when you're filming a concert, if the group is playing two nights, to film both nights and pick the best performances/angles/banter, etc., and edit it into one "whole" concert that combines the best of. It's pretty evident in the "Lyin' Eyes" clip that it's from two different nights.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5KtEToyWrI

Check Glenn's hair at 0:53, then 1:00, then 1:05. Part of the time, its kind of framing his face on the right side, then at 1:05, his sunglasses are holding it back from his face. Plus, the lighting scheme is a little different. If you look again at 3:16, you can see his sunglasses have his hair pushed all the way back from his face and you can see his sideburns. He's playing guitar the whole time, so he didn't push it back.

And yes, it was SUCH a chore to closely scrutinize all 6 minutes of that video, looking carefully at Glenn. Dirty job. Someone has to do it. :p

New Kid In Town
10-11-2017, 09:22 PM
Pippin - Thank Your for doing the homework for all of us ! I know it was a tough job but someone had to do it. ;)

Pippinwhite
10-11-2017, 09:23 PM
The sacrifices we make for the sake of accuracy... :rofl:

Brooke
10-12-2017, 12:14 PM
The sacrifices we make for the sake of accuracy... :rofl:

:lol:

BillBailey1976
10-12-2017, 07:59 PM
You see the same sort of thing on Farewell 1.....Joe's magically changing shirts and guitars!!!!

Magnolia
10-12-2017, 08:31 PM
Kudos to Pippin for putting in the hard work! Such a chore.;):rofl:

Pippinwhite
10-12-2017, 10:41 PM
Truly a terrible ordeal....:p

But I was glad to take one for the team. And I'd do it again! 8)

groupie2686
10-13-2017, 11:45 AM
Pippin, I am impressed that you were able to notice this detail...I have always been so mesmerized watching him do Lyin' Eyes I didn't notice!

Pippinwhite
10-13-2017, 02:47 PM
Groupie2686 -- Well, it's an excuse to look even more carefully! You know, run the video back, watch it again... analyze whether he was as sexy as you thought. Yep. He was. No question. All in the service of getting good information! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

New Kid In Town
10-13-2017, 03:45 PM
Thanks again Pippin for the research !:hilarious::hilarious:

Pippinwhite
10-13-2017, 05:06 PM
Gotta do my part!
:lol:

YoungEaglesFan
10-28-2017, 08:53 PM
While watching the documentary for like the 5th time (Lol) I came across a scene I don’t think was picked up on yet. If someone mentioned this then I apologize but in the scene where Glenn talks about how he hated playing PEF and TIE but still did (in response to Randy refusing to play TITTL), there’s a shot of the band on stage with Glenn playing old black. None of the songs shown in the released concert footage have Glenn playing electric besides TIE which does not have him playing that guitar. Based on what I could tell, don, Glenn and joe were all playing electric. I’m not sure which song they would have been playing but this is at least proof of other video being out there

YoungEaglesFan
03-21-2018, 04:06 PM
41 years ago today the band performed this legendary concert

YoungEaglesFan
03-21-2018, 04:32 PM
I think everyone can agree this concert was just a brilliant display of all the bands talents. This version of new kid in town is my favorite performance by the band ever. Glenn is superb and the overall vocal and instrumental performance is stunning

WalshFan88
03-21-2018, 04:38 PM
Agreed.

Dawn
03-21-2018, 05:43 PM
Glenn Frey's lead vocal on NKIT is the stuff legends are made of.

groupie2686
03-21-2018, 11:59 PM

I agree. This is my favorite performance of Lyin' Eyes and Take It To the Limit too. And I love watching Joe and Felder do the end of Hotel California in this...I hope they release the full concert one day.

New Kid In Town
03-22-2018, 05:16 PM

Agree. Also agree with everyone on how great this concert is. I love it and could watch it every day. Everyone shines in this show. Even the You Tube comments talk about how amazing the performances are. :thumbsup:

Dawn
03-22-2018, 07:05 PM
I agree. This is my favorite performance of Lyin' Eyes and Take It To the Limit too. And I love watching Joe and Felder do the end of Hotel California in this...I hope they release the full concert one day.

Yes, I tend to focus on NKIT but I love all the songs, the music and the way the band gave it their all. Truly one of their most memorable concerts and it would be awesome to have it released one day. Soon.

Dawn
03-22-2018, 07:09 PM
Agree. Also agree with everyone on how great this concert is. I love it and could watch it every day. Everyone shines in this show. Even the You Tube comments talk about how amazing the performances are. :thumbsup:

I seriously get choked up watching Glenn do NKIT - happy that it happened at all, sad that he left this world far too early.

Edited to add

Yes, they all shined in this concert, that is a good way to put it.

travlnman2
03-22-2018, 08:05 PM
The greatest Eagles concert of all time.....

Setlist from Setlist.

Hotel California

Victim of Love

Already Gone

New Kid in Town
(Joe Walsh on keyboards)

Tequila Sunrise

Wasted Time

Turn to Stone
(Joe Walsh song)

Witchy Woman

Best of My Love

Peaceful Easy Feeling

Try and Love Again

Lyin' Eyes

One of These Nights

James Dean

Funk #49
(James Gang cover)

Life's Been Good
(Joe Walsh song)

Life in the Fast Lane

Desperado

Encore:
Take It to the Limit

Rocky Mountain Way
(Joe Walsh song)

Take It Easy

New Kid In Town
03-22-2018, 08:41 PM
Boy, Would I have loved to been at that concert !
I see you tube post from people who were there and they all say it was the best concert they had ever seen.

luciknight
03-22-2018, 09:32 PM
wonder if the whole show was filmed or only the songs we have seen on youtube.
You guys know if the complete version was around the internet in the past?

YoungEaglesFan
03-22-2018, 09:52 PM
wonder if the whole show was filmed or only the songs we have seen on youtube.
You guys know if the complete version was around the internet in the past?

We know there was more because the documentary shows clips that aren’t in he released footage. There is one scene where it shows all of them on stage and Glenn, Felder and Walsh all have electric guitars in their hands. I don’t know what song they all played electric on (maybe Already gone) but it was definitely not a song played on the set list.

YoungEaglesFan
03-22-2018, 09:53 PM
Though if they released the entire concert it would be truly amazing, all I’m asking for it Try and love again. That alone would be so awesome to see live

cosec3791
03-23-2018, 03:35 AM
Here is how I feel about this. This is a bit cynical, so be warned.

The cynic in me says that Azoff and Henley are just too stingy to release it. Me (and my friends) think they released this in the first place, because they knew there was no bootleg of this concert in circulation. If there was, we would have never seen this concert at all.

Same reason why they chose to release The Forum 76 again for Hotel California 40th Anniversary. They thought there was nothing on the Internet available. But, after that, they got pwned. GaryB, had a cassete of The Forum 76. He gave it to GEMS and it got released. And we now have it! Eat that Azoff! I however question whether he was the only one who had it, as I saw the Forum 76 on a Japanese site, same night, but don't know if it was recorded by someone else. By now they probably know that a night is available, and most probably will never release stuff from that series of 3 nights.

But back to Capital Center. There are only two ways to get more songs: 1) They release more stuff for like some anniversary (like to celebrate the album's Golden Jubilee?) Or 2) someone who has a bootleg should give it up and share. But there are many Eagles fans who are stingy with their bootlegs, so we will never know.

Ive always been a dreamer
03-23-2018, 11:19 AM
I don't think many of us would complain if they realeased the entire concert, but I think it's doubtful that they will. But then again, I could send them a pretty long list of concerts that I would love to have. :roll:

cosec - I personally don't have a problem with bootlegs and have a fairly large collection myself. However, I do have a problem with people selling them for profit. I can also understand where some fans object to them on principle though - after all they are illegal.

Claret
03-23-2018, 11:59 AM
I think that the whole show was filmed because (although I'm not an expert) I just don't see the point in recording just a few songs. Songs that they've released are probably the most known and iconic Eagles songs, with only Despeardo and maybe Witchy Woman missing.
I would really like to listen to the whole thing and I hope they will release it one day (or someone may find the bootleg too). Actually, I'd be happy if they let us see Try and Love Again.

By the way, cosec, are you sure that nothing was available on the internet? Hotel California was shown on Old Gray Whistle Test but with different camera angles and different (probably clear audio). I haven't seen anything else, though.

YoungEaglesFan
03-23-2018, 12:03 PM
I feel that if there bottom line was to make as much profit as they can they would release. If they don’t well something else is behind their decision. But hopefully we can get it. I think the fact they combined footage to make the released material is a bad sign for us sadly

cosec3791
03-23-2018, 12:54 PM
I don't think many of us would complain if they realeased the entire concert, but I think it's doubtful that they will. But then again, I could send them a pretty long list of concerts that I would love to have. :roll:

cosec - I personally don't have a problem with bootlegs and have a fairly large collection myself. However, I do have a problem with people selling them for profit. I can also understand where some fans object to them on principle though - after all they are illegal.

This may be offensive but I really feel Henley and Azoff have enough money and release little to nothing. So I feel bootlegs are the only thing to experience their live selfs. They don't give us anything, what are we supposed to do?

And I would love to know which concerts you would love to have. Which are they? While anything pre HFO I'll want, I specifically want these:

1) Any other night of 1976 The Forum
2) 1976 ASU
3) 1977 Madison Square Garden
4) 1977 Capital Center (any night)
5) 1977 London (Prairie Light Fantasia)
6) 1977 Alpine Valley (any night)
7) Some other 1978 concert
8) 1979 Omni
9) 1979 Capital Center
10) 1980 The Forum (full concert)
11) Anything from 1976, 77, 79 and 80
12) SB or PRO's of HFO tour

A sad thing is, purchasing is still needed for certain bootlegs. Thanks to purchasing, we will soon get 1994 Giants Stadium video, and other things. Heck we might get 1980 Santa Monica video!

cosec3791
03-23-2018, 12:59 PM
I think that the whole show was filmed because (although I'm not an expert) I just don't see the point in recording just a few songs. Songs that they've released are probably the most known and iconic Eagles songs, with only Despeardo and maybe Witchy Woman missing.
I would really like to listen to the whole thing and I hope they will release it one day (or someone may find the bootleg too). Actually, I'd be happy if they let us see Try and Love Again.

By the way, cosec, are you sure that nothing was available on the internet? Hotel California was shown on Old Gray Whistle Test but with different camera angles and different (probably clear audio). I haven't seen anything else, though.

Lol I really hate the songs they released. They only released the cliché songs which a casual will know. Why couldn't they release Victim of Love, Peaceful Easy Feeling, Try and Love Again, Turn to Stone, and even fricking Life's been Good????? When I saw the setlist, I was livid with rage! I just wanted to hold Azoff at gunpoint and force him to give it up. I just really hope a stingy septuagenarian isn't holding the concert and shares it.

And about that video, it is nothing special. It was a music video regularly on repeat during the hey-days of VH1 and MTV in the 90's.

luciknight
03-23-2018, 05:51 PM
A sad thing is, purchasing is still needed for certain bootlegs. Thanks to purchasing, we will soon get 1994 Giants Stadium video, and other things. Heck we might get 1980 Santa Monica video!

How much for that 80 Santa Monica concert? A kidney? Got one!

But srsly, maybe if we find someone who's got the whole 77 show we can... bribe them? lol
C'mon, person! Come out and tell us how much you want for it!

YoungEaglesFan
03-23-2018, 06:01 PM
Well one thing that bothers me is that it’s proven there are people with I think 4 unreleased songs from on the border. They have that plus different versions of songs from the album as well. Someone on here has listened to them. I really want to hear them

sodascouts
03-23-2018, 11:36 PM
I definitely do not endorse the sale of bootlegs, to the degree where I do not even allow people to use the board as a vehicle to market their bootlegs.

cosec3791
03-24-2018, 12:31 AM
How much for that 80 Santa Monica concert? A kidney? Got one!

But srsly, maybe if we find someone who's got the whole 77 show we can... bribe them? lol
C'mon, person! Come out and tell us how much you want for it!

Yeah, I just hope we can get it. Both of those. Maybe Eagles Music might just upload some of the stuff they're going to get. There was only one lead for Capital Center. Someone on some forum claimed to have it. And then the classic result of no response.

Ive always been a dreamer
03-25-2018, 03:00 PM
Yep - the 'Long Night at Wrong Beach' is definitely high on my wish list, as well as anything from The Long Run tour. I would also love to have the May 2003 Richmond, VA show since that was the opening show of their Farewell I tour and this was my very first Eagles concert ever. Any of the shows that I attended would actually be cool to have, especially solo shows. I would give a kidney to have all of Glenn's Fallsview Casino shows for very personal reasons.

But, having said that, I am not willing to purchase bootlegs for someone else's profit - that's just me. I am willing to trade (although I don't have much bargaining power there, TBH) or I have always been willing to reimburse someone for their expenses, such as the cost of CDs, DVDs, and postage.

groupie2686
03-25-2018, 03:31 PM
I'd love a video from The Long Run tour...as far as I know, none exists, although there was a snippet in the HOTE documentary, so it exists somewhere. I'd also like a video from the HOTE tour.

Really, though, I'd take anything I could get. I don't know why there are so few official concert DVDs, they would definitely sell well.

New Kid In Town
03-25-2018, 04:00 PM
Well, count me in ! I would love a dvd of The Lone Run Tour and HOTE Tour. Like Groupie and many others have said, we know they exist. Come on Irving and Don, release them !

cosec3791
03-25-2018, 04:45 PM
I'd love a video from The Long Run tour...as far as I know, none exists, although there was a snippet in the HOTE documentary, so it exists somewhere. I'd also like a video from the HOTE tour.

Really, though, I'd take anything I could get. I don't know why there are so few official concert DVDs, they would definitely sell well.

Not the best quality, but here is a vid from 1980 Santa Monica!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ntHTEqo_kEA

New Kid In Town
03-25-2018, 04:59 PM
Blocked here. :sad::mad:

thelastresort
03-27-2018, 01:33 PM
To drag matters back to the DC '77 setlist given above, I have always been a touch sceptical that that is a complete and exhaustive list. For example, Life's Been Good wasn't released (or even recorded?!) until the year after, and I am sure that setlist on setlist.fm was missing Best of My Love for a good while.

As for the reason none of the concerts of the golden era were ever released, it is obviously a mix of the fact that no-one involved needs to extra income, and the band were such military-grade perfectionists that it is unlikely a full gig would ever have been up to scratch. Anyone remember JDS saying that the utterly, utterly wonderful Peaceful Easy Feeling from the MTV special was never released because Felder (?) messed up one note in the intro?

groupie2686
03-27-2018, 05:25 PM
To drag matters back to the DC '77 setlist given above, I have always been a touch sceptical that that is a complete and exhaustive list. For example, Life's Been Good wasn't released (or even recorded?!) until the year after, and I am sure that setlist on setlist.fm was missing Best of My Love for a good while.

As for the reason none of the concerts of the golden era were ever released, it is obviously a mix of the fact that no-one involved needs to extra income, and the band were such military-grade perfectionists that it is unlikely a full gig would ever have been up to scratch. Anyone remember JDS saying that the utterly, utterly wonderful Peaceful Easy Feeling from the MTV special was never released because Felder (?) messed up one note in the intro?

I don't remember reading that! I have the HFO second night and I can see why, being the perfectionists that they were, the whole concert wasn't released...false starts and forgetting the lyrics...Get Over It is particularly hilarious. As for no one needs the extra income, I doubt that would stop them if that was the only reason.

Was the DC concert planned to be officially released, back in '77? What was all that interview footage in HOTE going to be used for? Were they planning some sort of documentary back then? A concert/movie like The Song Remains the Same?

cosec3791
03-29-2018, 02:35 AM

Yeah, I get why the setlist is very sceptical. But another reason for me to believe that it is correct is because, so many setlists of this part of the tour had Life's Been Good. And in addition, on a 1977 Capital Center video, one guy in the comments section claimed to be there. When my friend asked for the setlist, he wrote "Life's Been Good".

And also, 1977 setlists were pretty unique in the US parts of the tour. It had many variations. For example, Madison Square 77 had Welcome to the Club, otherwise never performed by the Eagles, alongside Midnight Flyer. Alpine Valley 77 had After The Thrill Is Gone alongside Wasted Time + Reprise. So it is not too surprising that Life's Been Good was there to me. He might've probably written it quite some time ago. They do do that sometimes. Example? Hotel California. They performed that song a few times before the release of the album. But of course, it may be wrong. Who knows? That was just my personal opinion. The problem is, so far, we do not have the "unique setlist" concerts. Just the common ones, mostly foreign ones.

Darn, that sucks. Well if they don't release it for income, why not for the fans? :-( And I hate that perfectionism really. I felt personally that many rawer versions were better than the released ones. Especially a good example is Hotel California from 1980 Santa Monica. I have the bootleg of the 29th July night (from where it was taken for Eagles Live) and I can't listen to the official version again.

cosec3791
03-29-2018, 02:39 AM
I don't remember reading that! I have the HFO second night and I can see why, being the perfectionists that they were, the whole concert wasn't released...false starts and forgetting the lyrics...Get Over It is particularly hilarious. As for no one needs the extra income, I doubt that would stop them if that was the only reason.

Was the DC concert planned to be officially released, back in '77? What was all that interview footage in HOTE going to be used for? Were they planning some sort of documentary back then? A concert/movie like The Song Remains the Same?

The perfectionism excuse. I personally am annoyed at that.

And I find it weird that all those recordings in the documentary existed in such good quality. It's like they forecasted a documentary decades later lol.

groupie2686
03-29-2018, 10:20 AM
The perfectionism excuse. I personally am annoyed at that.

And I find it weird that all those recordings in the documentary existed in such good quality. It's like they forecasted a documentary decades later lol.

I find that weird too. With the professionally shot footage and interviews, it certainly seems like they were planning to do a documentary.

There was also some high-quality footage of concerts in the HFO era, leading me to believe they have a lot more footage than they let on. I appreciate and understand their perfectionism (being a perfectionist myself), but if it's a question of someone playing one wrong note in an intro, most fans wouldn't notice.

cosec3791
03-29-2018, 10:49 AM
I find that weird too. With the professionally shot footage and interviews, it certainly seems like they were planning to do a documentary.

There was also some high-quality footage of concerts in the HFO era, leading me to believe they have a lot more footage than they let on. I appreciate and understand their perfectionism (being a perfectionist myself), but if it's a question of someone playing one wrong note in an intro, most fans wouldn't notice.

Yeah. Weird. Also, about HFO, let me tell you, there is a huge lot of pro shot stuff circulating around somewhere. There is a lot of TV news clips as well. In addition to bootlegs of course. You may know that Giants Stadium was there on HOTE right? My friends already have a night's soundboard, and we will soon get video.

YoungEaglesFan
03-29-2018, 12:39 PM

Well you have to remember, the band didn’t want a documentary originally. Azoff pushed it hard. They made a compromise that it wouldn’t get too invasive and that it wouldn’t air all the dirty laundry but they would do one. The band might not have had any professional footage commissioned by the band. They have the BBC concert which wasn’t aired by them, they had some footage of California Jam (not their decision), and some bootlegs

Delilah
03-29-2018, 02:23 PM
And also, 1977 setlists were pretty unique in the US parts of the tour. It had many variations. For example, Madison Square 77 had Welcome to the Club, otherwise never performed by the Eagles, alongside Midnight Flyer.

Wow, I had no idea they ever played Welcome to the Club. That would be cool to hear the Eagles play live.

This article has been probably posted somewhere already, likely in the documentary thread. But to help shed light on the D.C. concert recording issue, I’m posting it here.

The film draws on extraordinary footage (much of which goes public for the first time), including the teenage music-making of key members Henley and Frey, as well as work by legendary cinematographer Haskell Wexler. He produced a seven-camera shoot of the Eagles’ 1977 Washington DC concert (for a documentary that was never released), which takes you all over the stage with the musicians, and out into the audience.
my emphasis

”The Eagles Through Gibney’s Lens” by Wendy Block, The Huffington Post, Feb. 13, 2013 (https://www.huffingtonpost.com/wendy-block/history-of-the-eagles-documentary_b_2666566.html)

So apparently there were plans for a documentary back in the 70s that never materialized. When the 2013 doc was being made, they just happened to find this 1977 concert footage they had forgotten about. :shock:

Dawn
03-29-2018, 03:52 PM
Haskell Wexler. A legend in his own time.

New Kid In Town
03-30-2018, 04:31 PM
Wow, I had no idea they ever played Welcome to the Club. That would be cool to hear the Eagles play live.
This article has been probably posted somewhere already, likely in the documentary thread. But to help shed light on the D.C. concert recording issue, I’m posting it he.

my emphasis

”The Eagles Through Gibney’s Lens” by Wendy Block, The Huffington Post, Feb. 13, 2013 (https://www.huffingtonpost.com/wendy-block/history-of-the-eagles-documentary_b_2666566.html)

So apparently there were plans for a documentary back in the 70s that never materialized. When the 2013 doc was being made, they just happened to find this 1977 concert footage they had forgotten about. :shock:
Delilah - There was supposed to be a documentary back in the 70's and for whatever reason it was not done. Also, there was the biography of the band by Ed Sanders(I think it is his last name) which was never published. I had read something somewhere that the 900 page book was still sitting on a shelf in his home. I have no idea why THAT book was never published.

East Texas Girl
03-30-2018, 04:47 PM
I was watching OOTN from this concert and about the 1:40 mark the shot is from behind Henley looking out and to his left, about elbow range, there is a white piece of paper. I captured a screen shot but my eyes and the image resolution is not that great, I can not make out what it says.

Could this possibly be a set list? Can someone more experienced (wouldn't take much :blush: ) check this out?

New Kid In Town
03-30-2018, 04:53 PM
Hi ETG, I think it is a set list. I notice in the video that when they finish I believe TIE, their is a set list towards the end of the stage near Glenn.

East Texas Girl
03-30-2018, 05:03 PM
Hi NKIT! :wave: Can you tell what it says? This could settle the debate on what was performed or not. Thanks!

New Kid In Town
03-30-2018, 05:24 PM
Sorry, no I can not read what it says. There is also a set list taped to the wall near Don. I think it appears when he is singing OOTN.

Delilah
03-30-2018, 06:04 PM
Delilah - There was supposed to be a documentary back in the 70's and for whatever reason it was not done. Also, there was the biography of the band by Ed Sanders(I think it is his last name) which was never published. I had read something somewhere that the 900 page book was still sitting on a shelf in his home. I have no idea why THAT book was never published.

Who is Ed Sanders? Did he have something to do with the band? If he had some inside info, would be an interesting read.

What intrigues me is that line in the blog about the documentary that says it was never “released”, as if it had been completed. Maybe I’m reading too much into it.

If anyone would know whether the entire concert was filmed, it would be Haskell Wexler. Unfortunately he died Dec. 2015.

Hi ETG, I think it is a set list. I notice in the video that when they finish I believe TIE, their is a set list towards the end of the stage near Glenn.

I think there’s a setlist on the floor near Joe and one near Glenn. Towards the very end of the tape, as the credits are rolling, you can see someone reaching out trying to grab one. Then a crew member comes along like he’s trying to collect them, but he may have handed one over to a fan.

New Kid In Town
03-30-2018, 06:36 PM
Delilah, I don't know if the documentary was completed. I don't know if the whole concert was filmed. But, why would they only film part of it ? They filmed over a two day period....
Ed Sanders was, I think in a folk group in the 60's. According to an old article I read on him, he lived with Glenn and JD when he was doing research for a book on the Manson family he was writing. If I remember right(sorry I read it so long ago), some nuts from the family came to Glenn & JD's house to harass Sanders. Glenn would throw glass milk bottles at them to chase them away.
Sanders was hired to write a biography type book on the band. I think, but am not sure, it was completed but just never published. Maybe another border member knows something. Soda ? Dreamer ? FP ?

Claret
03-31-2018, 05:22 AM
I was watching OOTN from this concert and about the 1:40 mark the shot is from behind Henley looking out and to his left, about elbow range, there is a white piece of paper. I captured a screen shot but my eyes and the image resolution is not that great, I can not make out what it says.

Could this possibly be a set list? Can someone more experienced (wouldn't take much :blush: ) check this out?
Wow, that's a nice catch. I've seen the concert many time and never actually paid attention to it. I am really intrigued at the moment so I will watch the whole thing and try to find some clearer picture.

edit: This (https://youtu.be/PEHSrBmS8dY) video at 18:53 has the best view of that piece of paper. It is really hard to read because it is not really zoomed in but if that really is a setlist I'm pretty sure that the first song listed is "Walk Away". It makes sense because there are a lot of bootlegs where WA is the second song played, just after Hotel California.

cosec3791
03-31-2018, 10:13 AM
Wow, that's a nice catch. I've seen the concert many time and never actually paid attention to it. I am really intrigued at the moment so I will watch the whole thing and try to find some clearer picture.

edit: This (https://youtu.be/PEHSrBmS8dY) video at 18:53 has the best view of that piece of paper. It is really hard to read because it is not really zoomed in but if that really is a setlist I'm pretty sure that the first song listed is "Walk Away". It makes sense because there are a lot of bootlegs where WA is the second song played, just after Hotel California.

Hoping that it isn't because otherwise, all the correctness of not just the Capital Center, but the entire setlists of 1977 of that leg of the tour will be questioned very much. I personally do not hope it is Walk Away, otherwise, it will most probably a lame, cliche setlist and it will not have its speciality like it apparently has currently. All the bootlegs I have of 1977 are with that same boring setlist of Walk Away and then Victim of Love. No Try And Love Again, no Peaceful Easy Feeling, nothing cool. I am just hoping what you saw might just be your mind playing tricks on you and what you saw may actually be Victim of Love.

Claret
03-31-2018, 10:19 AM
I am just hoping what you saw might just be your mind playing tricks on you and what you saw may actually be Victim of Love.
It is pretty hard to read anything from it, but it seems to me that there are two words and the second one starts with letter 'A'. :|

cosec3791
03-31-2018, 10:24 AM
It is pretty hard to read anything from it, but it seems to me that there are two words and the second one starts with letter 'A'. :|

Wait. Mind playing tricks on you! Plot twist: You actually saw the first letter of the second line and it is actually Already Gone. According to setlist.fm, that was the second song. Opened with Hotel, then Already Gone and then Victim of Love

New Kid In Town
03-31-2018, 11:16 AM
Everything I have read or heard indicated the Eagles opened every concert in 1977 with HC. Based on You tube comments from people who were there, that set list seems correct for the most part.

Scarlet Sun
03-31-2018, 02:15 PM
Ed Sanders was, I think in a folk group in the 60's.

Not quite. He was in The Fugs

New Kid In Town
03-31-2018, 02:35 PM
SS - Kinda before my time. What kind of group was it then ?
I read on wikipedia he was a beat poet, a folk singer, and wrote the Manson book "The Family". I saw he is almost 80 now. Do you know why the book on the Eagles was never completed by him ?

Scarlet Sun
03-31-2018, 03:10 PM
SS - Kinda before my time. What kind of group was it then ?
I read on wikipedia he was a beat poet, a folk singer, and wrote the Manson book "The Family". I saw he is almost 80 now. Do you know why the book on the Eagles was never completed by him ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fugs

Idk why it wasn't completed, but Henley has that manuscript

New Kid In Town
03-31-2018, 03:38 PM
Interesting - thank you.

Delilah
03-31-2018, 05:02 PM
Ed Sanders was, I think in a folk group in the 60's. According to an old article I read on him, he lived with Glenn and JD when he was doing research for a book on the Manson family he was writing. If I remember right(sorry I read it so long ago), some nuts from the family came to Glenn & JD's house to harass Sanders. Glenn would throw glass milk bottles at them to chase them away.
Sanders was hired to write a biography type book on the band. I think, but am not sure, it was completed but just never published. Maybe another border member knows something. Soda ? Dreamer ? FP ?

I remember this now, thanks.

thelastresort
04-01-2018, 03:44 AM
Wait. Mind playing tricks on you! Plot twist: You actually saw the first letter of the second line and it is actually Already Gone. According to setlist.fm, that was the second song. Opened with Hotel, then Already Gone and then Victim of Love

I don't see that. I am guessing the first initialism at the top is 'HC' for Hotel California, then the second song is two words which I cannot make out, thought the second does not look like 'Gone'. It also doesn't help that the setlists band use on stage are rarely unabridged, they normally just consist of one or two unique words from a title.

Claret
04-02-2018, 11:24 AM
Hi NKIT! :wave: Can you tell what it says? This could settle the debate on what was performed or not. Thanks!

I've captured the screen using PrtSc option and then I have used 'red eye tool' in Photoscape in order to get a more clear view of that piece of paper. There are two pictures, one can be seen during OOTN (that's the one you mentioned a few days ago) and I've found the other durign TITL.

Here are the pics, although I have to say that I had them in a better quality; but when I've saved them they became more blurry (it usually happen when using Photoscape). :huh:

https://imgur.com/0U4h4F9
https://imgur.com/77TtxTA
https://i.imgur.com/dcdAcOV.jpg

I managed to read this:
1. Hotel California - initialism
2. Walk Away - I'm still struggling with the first word, but I'm hundred percent positive that the other word says 'Away'. The first word is smiliar to the other when talking abouth length and first letter looks like 'W'.
3. ??? - Almost impossible to read, although I'm pretty sure the title consists of two words with both about six to eight letters long.
4. Try and Love Again (?) - I can't guarantee it's TALA but it looks really possible. First of all, the title consists of four words and first one definitely is a three letter word. On top of that, first letter really looks like 'T'.
5. Lyin' Eyes - I can read 'yes' in the second word and there is only one letter in front so it makes it pretty obvious.
6. CROSSED
7. ??? (one word, probably another abbrevation, last letter looks like T)
8. New Kid in Town - It had trouble reading this one but it seems to me that it says 'New Kid'. Thelastresort mentioned that it's not strange to use shortened title.
9. ??? (looks like one word, possibly Desperado or just another abbrevation or shortened title)
10. ??? (longer title, TITL or OOTN maybe)
11. Turn to Stone (?) - First word really looks like 'Turn' and title is consisted of three words.
12. Already Gone (?) - Second letter of second word is probably 'G', length is similar.
13. PARTIALLY CROSSED
14. CROSSED
15. PARTIALLY CROSSED
16. ??? (probably a three word title)
17. Witchy Woman (?) - First word looks like 'Witchy' and overall length of title is OK.

---GAP---

East Texas Girl
04-02-2018, 02:25 PM
Wow, thanks Claret! I knew if I put it out there then someone here could make some sense of it!! That is definitely more than I could come up with. :applause:

ETA: I so hope you are right about TALA, that's so great that it was performed and some people were able to hear it live!! :heart:

Delilah
04-02-2018, 02:43 PM
Claret and ETG, kudos to both of you for noticing these details! :applause:And Claret, you must have incredible eyesight b/c I can’t read any of those titles. :huh: Thanks for linking.

If TALA is on the setlist, it makes me hope even more fervently that the whole concert was filmed and that it will be released one day. :pray:

Dawn
04-02-2018, 02:44 PM
Very cool! I am going to need to download the app to see all this but I wanted to express my appreciation for the info. :yay:

YoungEaglesFan
04-02-2018, 02:47 PM
I wonder if someone could check the documentary which has the extra footage to see if there are better shots of the set list

Claret
04-02-2018, 03:04 PM
Claret and ETG, kudos to both of you for noticing these details! :applause:And Claret, you must have incredible eyesight b/c I can’t read any of those titles. :huh: Thanks for linking.

Ironically, I can't live without my glasses. :lol:
Pictures I got after print screening were a little bit better in terms of quality (Photoscape is a decent software but pictures lose quality when you edit them so that's the reason for extra blurriness) and I've managed to zoom them so I could read some letters of each word . Luckily, that was enough to figure out the whole title in some of the cases.

YEF - that's a good idea, I might do that when I get time.

New Kid In Town
04-02-2018, 03:34 PM
Wow, you guys are better than me. I can't make one song out.

East Texas Girl
04-02-2018, 04:38 PM
Delilah, I don't know if the documentary was completed. I don't know if the whole concert was filmed. But, why would they only film part of it ? They filmed over a two day period....

That's a bit scary considering everything that took place with that "family". :stunned:

Pippinwhite
04-02-2018, 05:11 PM
Glass milk bottles. OK. That's just funny. I can just see him taking aim and whack! Another one gone. LOLOLOL. Probably heisted them from grocery stores and had a stash by the door.

cosec3791
04-04-2018, 04:59 AM
I've captured the screen using PrtSc option and then I have used 'red eye tool' in Photoscape in order to get a more clear view of that piece of paper. There are two pictures, one can be seen during OOTN (that's the one you mentioned a few days ago) and I've found the other durign TITL.

Here are the pics, although I have to say that I had them in a better quality; but when I've saved them they became more blurry (it usually happen when using Photoscape). :huh:

https://imgur.com/0U4h4F9
https://imgur.com/77TtxTA
https://i.imgur.com/dcdAcOV.jpg

I managed to read this:
1. Hotel California - initialism
2. Walk Away - I'm still struggling with the first word, but I'm hundred percent positive that the other word says 'Away'. The first word is smiliar to the other when talking abouth length and first letter looks like 'W'.
3. ??? - Almost impossible to read, although I'm pretty sure the title consists of two words with both about six to eight letters long.
4. Try and Love Again (?) - I can't guarantee it's TALA but it looks really possible. First of all, the title consists of four words and first one definitely is a three letter word. On top of that, first letter really looks like 'T'.
5. Lyin' Eyes - I can read 'yes' in the second word and there is only one letter in front so it makes it pretty obvious.
6. CROSSED
7. ??? (one word, probably another abbrevation, last letter looks like T)
8. New Kid in Town - It had trouble reading this one but it seems to me that it says 'New Kid'. Thelastresort mentioned that it's not strange to use shortened title.
9. ??? (looks like one word, possibly Desperado or just another abbrevation or shortened title)
10. ??? (longer title, TITL or OOTN maybe)
11. Turn to Stone (?) - First word really looks like 'Turn' and title is consisted of three words.
12. Already Gone (?) - Second letter of second word is probably 'G', length is similar.
13. PARTIALLY CROSSED
14. CROSSED
15. PARTIALLY CROSSED
16. ??? (probably a three word title)
17. Witchy Woman (?) - First word looks like 'Witchy' and overall length of title is OK.

---GAP---

Sorry for not responding! I was busy with exams! Now they are over!

NOOOOOOOO. NOT WALK AWAY! The credibility of the setlists on setlist.fm of all 1977 concerts before the foreign ones will go away! Because if it is indeed Walk Away, then the setlist will most probably be this:

1) Hotel California
2) Walk Away (James Gang cover)
3) Wasted Time (most probably)
4) Take It to the Limit (100% sure it is not TALA, unfortunately)
5) Lyin' Eyes
6) New Kid in Town (maybe?)
7) Desperado
8) One of These Nights
9) Turn to Stone (Joe Walsh cover)
10) Already Gone
11) Life in the Fast Lane (maybe?)
12) Rocky Mountain Way
13) Witchy Woman
14) James Dean
15) Best of My Love
16) Take It Easy

Did not do upto 20 ik, but this what I think it may be. This I did based on researching 1977 concerts, esp. of bootlegs I have. I think the following songs may be on here as well: 1) Too Many Hands 2) Doolin Dalton followed by reprises 3) Good Day in Hell?

I feel for Try and Love Again, very rare, and don't know where it will be in the setlist. As for Life's Been Good, now I am questioning it. Anyways, good finds Claret!

Claret
04-04-2018, 07:06 AM
I couldn't find RMW, OOTN, Take it Easy, Best of My Love and Take It to the Limit but we already know that they were performed. I also think that Good Day in Hell is there, could be one of the crossed titles or even number 10 or 16.
If I'm not wrong, Too Many Hands was usually performed as a part of encore. There are three songs separated from the others with a gap but their titles are impossible to read. TMH and Take it Easy could be there, because we know that TIE was the last song they did and there are also a number of bootlegs where they finished with that song.

I still think number 4 could really be TALA. I have some doubts (in fact I also though that it could be Take It to the Limit), but second word of the title on the paper is definitely not 'It'.

cosec3791
04-04-2018, 07:22 AM
I couldn't find RMW, OOTN, Take it Easy, Best of My Love and Take It to the Limit but we already know that they were performed. I also think that Good Day in Hell is there, could be one of the crossed titles or even number 10 or 16.
If I'm not wrong, Too Many Hands was usually performed as a part of encore. There are three songs separated from the others with a gap but their titles are impossible to read. TMH and Take it Easy could be there, because we know that TIE was the last song they did and there are also a number of bootlegs where they finished with that song.

I still think number 4 could really be TALA. I have some doubts (in fact I also though that it could be Take It to the Limit), but second word of the title on the paper is definitely not 'It'.

Yes, Too Many Hands was rare, but part of the encore usually in this tour, though I don't understand why. I love the song and it is my 3rd favorite from the album, but I don't understand why it is part of the encore. Like I don't think it is necessarily a fan favorite. I always thought of it as a deep cut.

Well here's hoping it could be Try And Love Again, but based on my research, Take It to the Limit was the song which always came after Wasted Time, not the former. But still I hope someone has a bootleg so we finally get to see the real setlist of at least one night. There is only one hope that the one on setlist.fm is real. This concert, 1980 New Mexico. Look at the setlist. It is apparently based on a bootleg of a member. He/she filled the setlist accordingly. https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/eagles/1980/university-arena-university-of-new-mexico-albuquerque-nm-7bc12664.html

The reason I say that this is a hope is because it shows that the Eagles can have weird setlists, and the one which is there for Capital Center 77 is pretty weird as well.

Have hope

New Kid In Town
04-05-2018, 12:11 PM
If you you tube TITTL(which may or may not be up) in the comment section people have left comments that they were at the Capital Center Concert (lucky ducks) and Randy sang both TITTL and TALA. As I stated earlier, I could not make out a single song on the set list. I do know that they opened every concert with HC.
On a side not, I think BOML and NKIT are the best versions I have ever heard of both songs. I love them.

NightMistBlue
04-05-2018, 01:09 PM
If you you tube TITTL(which may or may not be up) in the comment section people have left comments that they were at the Capital Center Concert (lucky ducks) and Randy sang both TITTL and TALA.

That's exciting! Our friend Scottside told us that Randy performed both songs at two Nassau County shows in 1977. Wouldn't it be glorious, wonderful and beautiful if the filmed version of TALA emerges?

The Eagles must have intended a documentary and/or concert film release. Why else go to the expense of hiring an Oscar-level cinematographer and film crew.

YoungEaglesFan
04-05-2018, 01:28 PM
If you you tube TITTL(which may or may not be up) in the comment section people have left comments that they were at the Capital Center Concert (lucky ducks) and Randy sang both TITTL and TALA. As I stated earlier, I could not make out a single song on the set list. I do know that they opened every concert with HC.
On a side not, I think BOML and NKIT are the best versions I have ever heard of both songs. I love them.

Totally agree, part of it is the great quality video and audio, but they play flawlessly on both songs. Vocally it’s brilliant. The harmonies on NKIT are spectacular. Love watching that footage