PDA

View Full Version : A funny JW tidbit

Pippinwhite
11-01-2017, 02:34 PM
This actually happened.

In the mid-80s, my hubs was working at a dry club in Kent, Ohio (he's from Stow, the town next door). This guy came into the club and was laughing. He said, "Hey, guys. I just ran into Joe Walsh."

Someone else said, "Oh you met him?"

"No, I ran into him. He was walking down the sidewalk and just stopped and I ran into him."

"What happened?"

"I said, 'Hey! You're Joe Walsh!' and he said, 'I am? Wow!'" (Totally in character. LOL.)

Joe was in town receiving a "Distinguished Alumni" award from Kent State, even though he didn't actually graduate -- a fact he pointed out in his acceptance speech.

The hubs said he probably felt a little lost if he hadn't been to that part of town in a while since a fire took out a whole block on that street in the early 70s, and everything looked different.

So that's my husband's Joe Walsh story.

Annoying Twit
11-01-2017, 02:44 PM
:D :D :D

Delilah
11-01-2017, 04:42 PM
Cute story, Pippin, thanks for sharing!

New Kid In Town
11-01-2017, 04:55 PM
Pippin - Cute story ! :smile:

FreyFollower
11-01-2017, 05:28 PM
What a card! Love Joe!

LuvTim
11-01-2017, 07:46 PM
Great story! Good old Joe. :grin:

buffyfan145
11-01-2017, 08:01 PM
That's great Pippin!!! :D Reminds me of how, which I posted before in another thread, how Joe visited his childhood home here in Columbus while the Eagles were here on tour in the early 2000s and the house ended up being owned by one of my Mom's co-workers and they were stunned as he just showed up on their doorstep. He toured his old house and told a few stories to them since he lived in Columbus for most of his elementary school days.

East Texas Girl
11-02-2017, 12:20 PM
Both cool stories, thanks Pippin and Buffy. Don't you just love Joe!! :wink:

Pippinwhite
11-02-2017, 12:43 PM
Glad you all liked it. I just cackled when the hubs told me, and I looved your story, Buffy! So funny!

NightMistBlue
11-02-2017, 05:11 PM
That's great Pippin!!! :D Reminds me of how, which I posted before in another thread, how Joe visited his childhood home here in Columbus while the Eagles were here on tour in the early 2000s and the house ended up being owned by one of my Mom's co-workers and they were stunned as he just showed up on their doorstep. He toured his old house and told a few stories to them since he lived in Columbus for most of his elementary school days.

That is amazing!

WalshFan88
11-05-2017, 08:21 PM
Aha! That's totally something Joe would say.

I nearly died laughing when at the Joe Walsh solo concert Joe told the story about being at a random place and went up and sang Life's Been Good at karaoke, and some guy came up to him afterward and said "you're good, but you're no Joe Walsh". Bahahahahahaha.

Pippinwhite
11-05-2017, 10:23 PM
@WF88 -- LOLOLOL. Love it.

Magnolia
11-06-2017, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the stories Pippin and Buffy. I wouldn't know want to do if that happened to me.