PDA

View Full Version : Eagles Radio Sirius Channel 30 November 17, 2017

Pages : [1] 2

MaryCalifornia
11-16-2017, 11:29 PM
I'm excited for this tomorrow!

I don't think we already have a thread - do we?

LuvTim
11-17-2017, 12:16 AM
I'm excited for this too, MaryC! 8)

shunlvswx
11-17-2017, 10:19 AM
I was about to come on here and start a thread when I got to work. LOL

I'm excited. From what I heard, the station will continue until New Year's. So a month and a half. I think I will listen to that instead of Pandora or IHeart Radio. Early this week, channel 716 had a preview of the songs being played on the show(you couldn't hear it). It was a mixed of Eagles songs, solo songs, their influence, and people associated with them. You will also hear songs you would never hear on the radio or even on Pandora and IHeart.

For those who want to listen to the station, try this link. I don't think you have to do a trial run. You have an option of signing in or listen live. Channel 716 and 30 you can listen to without logging in. I just tried it. You probably can't listen to certain stations. I think the logging in on this link, you don't have to use your credit card. I'm using one of my old accounts that should not be working.

https://player.siriusxm.com/#/welcome

The start time is 12:00pm Eastern/11:00am Central.

buffyfan145
11-17-2017, 11:37 AM
Does anyone know if it'll be part of the free preview? The one going on for Thanksgiving is already going on till the 27th but we don't get all the channels. I won't be able to check till later as the only way to listen would be in the cars.

shunlvswx
11-17-2017, 11:42 AM
I think this is going with the free preview. I don't know, but as long as they have those two channels, I'm ok with not having all the other stations. I'm only listening to the Eagles channel.

shunlvswx
11-17-2017, 01:11 PM
Here's what to expect on the channel.

http://blog.siriusxm.com/hotel-california-siriusxms-eagles-channel-airing-exclusively-for-a-limited-time/

* The Eagles are celebrating the 40th anniversary of their landmark album Hotel California with their very own channel. Hotel California, SiriusXM’s Eagles channel, will feature music from the band’s extensive career, including hits and rarities, as well as their solo records, influences and more. The limited-engagement channel will launch Nov. 17 at 12 pm ET/9 pm PT on channel 30.

* The channel will also include exclusive radio shows hosted by Don Henley and Joe Walsh as well as live concert recordings, including the Eagles recent exclusive performance for SiriusXM at the storied Grand Ole Opry House in Nashville.

* Journalist and SiriusXM host David Fricke will also host a daily feature, the “Eagles Family Tree,” which will spotlight artists closely connected to the Eagles like Jackson Browne, Linda Ronstadt, and J.D. Souther.

* Hotel California will be reissued in a deluxe 40th-anniversary edition on Nov. 24, pairing the remastered original studio album with 10 live tracks recorded at the Forum in Inglewood, CA, around the time the work was released. Pre-order it here.

* SiriusXM’s Hotel California channel will feature these previously unreleased live tracks from the Eagles’ 1976 concert at the Forum throughout the limited edition channel.

Delilah
11-17-2017, 02:01 PM
I was about to come on here and start a thread when I got to work. LOL

I'm excited. From what I heard, the station will continue until New Year's. So a month and a half. I think I will listen to that instead of Pandora or IHeart Radio. Early this week, channel 716 had a preview of the songs being played on the show(you couldn't hear it). It was a mixed of Eagles songs, solo songs, their influence, and people associated with them. You will also hear songs you would never hear on the radio or even on Pandora and IHeart.

For those who want to listen to the station, try this link. I don't think you have to do a trial run. You have an option of signing in or listen live. Channel 716 and 30 you can listen to without logging in. I just tried it. You probably can't listen to certain stations. I think the logging in on this link, you don't have to use your credit card. I'm using one of my old accounts that should not be working.

https://player.siriusxm.com/#/welcome

The start time is 12:00pm Eastern/11:00am Central.

Shun, thank you sooo much for the link! This is great...Vince is singing ICTYW right now. :singer::blueblob:

shunlvswx
11-17-2017, 02:26 PM
I missed an hour of it because I wasn't at my desk. They just finished playing The Heat Is ON and now they are playing Guilty of the Crime.

shunlvswx
11-17-2017, 02:27 PM
Also. I think the Eagles channel is going to be on 716 instead of 30.

shunlvswx
11-17-2017, 02:38 PM
Oh they had Bernie talking about James Dean. Hmm This is going to be an interesting channel.

I'm really looking forward to radio shows from Don and Joe if I'm hearing this right. I always enjoy hearing Don's take on songs.

Delilah
11-17-2017, 03:18 PM
Oh they had Bernie talking about James Dean. Hmm This is going to be an interesting channel.

I'm really looking forward to radio shows from Don and Joe if I'm hearing this right. I always enjoy hearing Don's take on songs.

It was cool hearing Bernie—it sounded like an old audio clip from his younger days.

So far, influences included the Beatles, Hank Williams and The Beach Boys.

shunlvswx
11-17-2017, 04:04 PM
Now Conway Twitty with his version of Heartache Tonight. My other favorite group, the Osmonds are singing background. The Osmonds has been playing that song in their setlist since the 70s.

My My
11-17-2017, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the reminder and link, Shun! Listening right now and it's really good. Enjoying the little snippets of Bernie's interview.

New Kid In Town
11-17-2017, 05:17 PM
Shun - Many thanks for posting the preview and the link.

shunlvswx
11-17-2017, 06:28 PM
Joe doing his own radio show right now. I guess he will play and tell stories behind his songs, his favorite songs, and influences. This is going to be interesting.

I'm looking forward to Don being a guest DJ on the Eagles channel. He does a great job when he's a DJ.

Delilah
11-17-2017, 07:42 PM
Get out! Joe never heard “Our House” by Madness until a month ago?

He’s so funny:
“I had to learn to play the guitar. The alternative was to get a job.”

J.D., Jackson, Glenn and Don Henley were friends from way back “when they all lived in the same car.”

Joe talking how HC came together is the first time Felder’s name is mentioned (that I’ve heard, I may have missed some stuff earlier).

I must add that I love that some of Randy’s songs got played earlier, esp. one by The Poor (!) and it was great to hear Rick Nelson and Poco too. :grooving:

ETA: Bernie brought Felder up when he was discussing Already Gone :doh:

shunlvswx
11-17-2017, 07:45 PM
I had to laugh about playing ping pong while waiting and betting on games.

So Don wrote the lyrics to Hotel California in 5 days.

Joe bringing up Glenn about being a genius at arranger.

MaryCalifornia
11-17-2017, 07:48 PM
Here is what I heard in my first listen in the car this afternoon:

End of the Innocence
Second that Emotion by Smokey Robinson and the Miracles
Certain Kind of Fool (!)
TBS So In Love (!)
Ringo Starr and his All-Starr Band doing LITFL (very bad)

This channel is great!

shunlvswx
11-17-2017, 08:02 PM
They just did Johnny Cash's version of Desperado with Don singing background vocals.

Now Trying.

shunlvswx
11-17-2017, 08:47 PM
I'm so happy they are playing the Long Road Out of Eden album. Pandora barely plays this album and I Heart Radio doesn't have the album available to even listen to the album. I heard 4 songs from the album. They are playing Fast Company right now.

buffyfan145
11-17-2017, 09:05 PM
Was able to check this evening while driving to getting dinner and for those of us getting the free preview it's channel 30!!! :D Great getting to hear it and that's awesome Joe DJ'd and Don will be too. Will be able to listen to more this Thanksgiving since we're going out of town and this will make great road trip music, which is what my parents did with their albums when I was a kid.

Delilah
11-17-2017, 09:09 PM
I'm so happy they are playing the Long Road Out of Eden album. Pandora barely plays this album and I Heart Radio doesn't have the album available to even listen to the album. I heard 4 songs from the album. They are playing Fast Company right now.

I agree. It’s great that we’re hearing the whole gamut of Eagles material—music from their early days with Shiloh, Longbranch Pennywhistle and Flying Burrito Bros to Eden tracks. I love the solo stuff too.

shunlvswx
11-17-2017, 09:23 PM
They'll playing Hotel California from the Forum in 1976. What I notice from this version is how slow it is. It sounds a little slow than what it usually is.

shunlvswx
11-18-2017, 12:10 AM
I'm listening right now and I didn't know country singer Buck Owens did a cover Peaceful Easy Feeling. Its a very interesting version.

Magnolia
11-18-2017, 01:57 AM
Thanks Shun for the link!

shunlvswx
11-18-2017, 02:27 AM
Don's radio show (or whatever its called) will be on this Sunday at 6:00pm eastern/5:00pm Central.

maryc2130
11-18-2017, 09:14 AM
This sounds awesome! I'm hoping I can get it to work. Last time I tried Sirius, I couldn't get it to come up on my laptop, and my phone has so little storage that it's probably pointless to try to download the app. I'm going to try again, though!

Thanks for the links and updates, Shun and Delilah

shunlvswx
11-18-2017, 11:22 AM
Glenn talking about Heartache Tonight and how it came together. :weep: I wonder where that clip came from. I've never heard a clip of Glenn talking about Heartache Tonight.

Garth covering Life In The Fast Lane. Oh boy. Its sounds country rock. Interesting version.

New Kid In Town
11-18-2017, 12:24 PM
I have a question for Shun or anyone else who might know the answer - Can I get Sirius through my PC ? I don't have a laptop right now. I don't subsc. either. Thanks !

Wallyj58
11-18-2017, 12:29 PM
I'm excited for this tomorrow!

I don't think we already have a thread - do we?

Does anyone know when the opry concert will air on sirus channel

shunlvswx
11-18-2017, 12:52 PM
I have a question for Shun or anyone else who might know the answer - Can I get Sirius through my PC ? I don't have a laptop right now. I don't subsc. either. Thanks !

That's how I'm listening. On my laptop and even my phone. I don't know if I'm listening through the free preview or I am able to listen to it. I'm using another account that I used for a previous free trial. Try the link I posted on the first page. You can stream that on your phone and computer. Its streaming on 716 instead of 30 for phone and computer.

Wallyj. Its supposed to be shown Thanksgiving weekend but I don't know when.

I actually didn't know it was going to start early and end on New Year's. The way i was hearing it, it was only doing the Thanksgiving holiday, but I'm glad its longer.

Delilah
11-18-2017, 01:38 PM
I'm listening right now and I didn't know country singer Buck Owens did a cover Peaceful Easy Feeling. Its a very interesting version.

Shun, I believe Buck Owens recorded an album of Eagles covers.

Glenn talking about Heartache Tonight and how it came together. :weep: I wonder where that clip came from. I've never heard a clip of Glenn talking about Heartache Tonight.

I was getting tired and half-listening when I heard a clip of Glenn talking about PEF. I wasn’t expecting to hear his voice so it was a kind of a jolt. It was sad yet nice to hear.

NKIT, I was able to download the link Shun provided on my iPod. I don’t have a subscription either.

Here’s a playlist I jotted down from yesterday as an example of what they’re playing.

A Good Feeling to Know (Poco)
Take It to the Limit
The Heat Is On
I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry (Hank Williams)
Fast Company
James Dean
Dreaming in the Country (James Gang)
Travelin Man (Bob Seger)
Outlaw Man
Heart of the Matter
Turn, Turn, Turn (The Byrds)
Get Over It
I’m Gone (Shiloh)
Hotel California -Live 1976

I heard Vince singing TITTL from the L.A. Classic Concert; has anyone else heard songs from these concerts?

shunlvswx
11-18-2017, 01:56 PM
No. I just heard songs from the Live Album, the Forum concert and HFO. A few live show songs from Joe.

I was away from my desk a lot yesterday so I missed maybe an hour or two of it. I was ready to listen at 11:00am my time, but my boss had me doing something right at that moment.

Delilah
11-18-2017, 02:05 PM
I heard the Classic Concert song late last night. I missed a chunk of it yesterday so I was wondering.

eagles557
11-18-2017, 04:56 PM
Thanks for posting the link! This has been great and I'm discovering some new songs.
I've been streaming the channel on my computer, but I have Direct TV and would like to listen on my tv if that's possible. Does anyone know what channel it would be on there? Thanks! :)

shunlvswx
11-18-2017, 05:03 PM
[QUOTE=eagles557;366416]Thanks for posting the link! This has been great and I'm discovering some new songs.
I've been streaming the channel on my computer, but I have Direct TV and would like to listen on my tv if that's possible. Does anyone know what channel it would be on there? Thanks! :)[/QUOTE

Its on channel 30. If its not on that one, try 716.

They are playing Somebody right now. I love this song. Like I said earlier, I'm glad they are playing songs from Long Road Out of Eden. I heard It's Your World now earlier.

eagles557
11-18-2017, 05:11 PM
[QUOTE=eagles557;366416]Thanks for posting the link! This has been great and I'm discovering some new songs.
I've been streaming the channel on my computer, but I have Direct TV and would like to listen on my tv if that's possible. Does anyone know what channel it would be on there? Thanks! :)[/QUOTE

Its on channel 30. If its not on that one, try 716.

They are playing Somebody right now. I love this song. Like I said earlier, I'm glad they are playing songs from Long Road Out of Eden. I heard It's Your World now earlier.

The channel is on 30 and 716 online, but I don't have an option for those channels on Directv.

buffyfan145
11-18-2017, 05:45 PM
DirecTV no longer has Sirius/XM and changed music services about 5 or 6 years ago. The service they have now is called Sonic Tap.

New Kid In Town
11-18-2017, 06:01 PM
Shun & Delilah - Thank You for your help - it's greatly appreciated. I will try the link later as I have company now.

shunlvswx
11-19-2017, 01:38 PM
Another Glenn voiceovers. He talks about New Kid In town. Best vocal arrangement and his favorite song he sings. My favorite song sung by Glenn.

Delilah
11-19-2017, 04:00 PM
Another Glenn voiceovers. He talks about New Kid In town. Best vocal arrangement and his favorite song he sings. My favorite song sung by Glenn.

I heard that—he said NKIT is the band’s best vocal arrangement. I didn’t know that was his favorite lead song. Judging by his voice the interview may have taken place in the 80s (?).

The extra bits of info are interesting and Joe’s stories were great. The historian David Fricke may be a bit loosey goosey with some of his facts. I’m looking forward to hearing Don do his DJ stint. And Vince is doing one too.

Listening to the live tracks from the ‘76 Forum is awesome, esp. Witchy Woman and James Dean—before, I only heard the bootlegs.

In addition to TITTL, they also played TIE from the Classic West Concert. Deacon sounded really good and Vince’s backing vocal was clearly heard.

Shadowland07
11-19-2017, 04:09 PM
Heard some Longbranch Pennywhistle last night. I know there was word of reissuing the album from JD, any news on that yet?

Delilah
11-19-2017, 05:13 PM
Heard some Longbranch Pennywhistle last night. I know there was word of reissuing the album from JD, any news on that yet?

It’s funny you ask that. I just posted an interview with J.D. where he doesn’t give glowing reviews of the LB album. It was from last year though so maybe he’d be open to a new release. I imagine Glenn’s estate would also have to ok it. I haven’t heard anything specific about it though.

My My
11-19-2017, 08:07 PM
I'm really enjoying Don Henley and his playlist. He's had a varied list of artists including Ray Charles, Trisha Yearwood, Tom Petty, Elvis Costello, and Don McLean.

shunlvswx
11-19-2017, 09:48 PM
I enjoyed his playlist. Their were some artists I've never heard of and some songs I've never heard by the artists I knew. I was surprised to hear Its Your World Now.

Don bring up about Glenn when he was talking about Bob.

Don needs his own radio show on Sirius or somewhere. He's got that radio voice.

WalshFan88
11-19-2017, 11:13 PM
I'm definitely enjoying the channel, except for the new band stuff during which I will change the channel. Definitely love hearing the live tracks from the Forum in '76. So looking forward to my copy of the 40th anniversary HC CD. Love it.

Delilah
11-20-2017, 02:20 AM
A brief overview of Don’s segment for those who may be interested.

I could tell he enjoys talking and informing, lol. It was so different from Joe’s (and much longer). E.g. Joe would say something like ‘this song came out in 1961...or maybe 1962...heck I don’t remember when it came out!’ Don would give the month and year of recording and release as well as the name of the album.

Here is the song list. Each comes highly recommended by Don who praised each one of the artist with one exception. Most are people Don worked with at some point. Not surprising are some selections with social commentary on current affairs. They may be out of order b/c I was listening to different parts of the segment as it ran twice.

1. Everybody’s Famous - Jeffery Foucult
2. So Like Candy - Elvis Costello
3. Heartache - A Girl Like Eddy
4. You Don’t Know Me - Ray Charles
5. Walkaway Joe - Trisha Yearwood
6. Life’s Not the Way It Used to Be - Merle Haggard
7. Lawyers, Guns and Money - Warren Zevon
8. Ashley Munroe - Like a Rose
9. Funky New President - James Brown
10. Sin City - Flying Burrito Brothers
11. Rock Me on the Water - Jackson Browne
12. Bad News Travels Fast - JD Souther
13. Best of Times - Sheryl Crow
14. Putin - Randy Newman
15. Democracy - Leonard Cohen
16. Loudon Wainwright - Thanksgiving
17. Little Victories - JD Souther
18. A Few Words in Defense of Our Country - Randy Newman
19. A Young Man’s Town - Vince Gill
20. Outrageous (?) - Paul Simon
21. Calling Me - Kenny Rogers (sounds like Don sings bg vocals)
22. Still the Same - Bob Seger
23. Last Dance with Mary Jane - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
24. It’s Your World Now*
25. Skylark - Linda Ronstadt
26. I Wave Bye-bye - Jesse Winchester
27. I Hope You Dance - Lee Ann Womack
28. Adios - Glen Campbell
29. Beatles Medley
30. Auld Lang Syne - Patty Smyth

Hopefully I didn’t skip any. No Stevie Nicks/FM

*I may have missed it but Don gave no intro or said anything about this song like he did the others. I suppose he couldn’t bring himself to say anything.

My My
11-20-2017, 09:21 AM
Wow Delilah, you are such a thorough note taker! I didn't listen to the whole thing, maybe 2/3rds or so. He also played "Vincent" by Don McLean somewhere near the beginning, around 4 or 5? It's such a beautiful song from the early 70s. And I agree about Don's radio voice, Shun.

maryc2130
11-20-2017, 09:56 AM
That's so sad about Your World Now. I'm glad Don included it on his playlist.

Vincent is one of my favorite songs ever. So poignant and haunting and the lyrics are pure poetry.

shunlvswx
11-20-2017, 10:22 AM
That was Don singing on Calling Me. They played Dirty Laundry before Don introduced the first song.

I liked Heartache, Bad News Travels Fast, Little Victories, A Young Man's Town, Outrageous, Calling Me, Skylark, I Wave Bye-Bye, and Adios. I always loved the song I Hope You Danced. I love hearing the background story of Walkaway Joe. So they found Matthew in Austin. Look at him now.

I didn't like Democracy. I was ready for the song to end. It was too long.

They are finally playing Travis Tritt's version of Take It Easy.

chaim
11-20-2017, 10:41 AM
Putin by Randy Newman? Cool. :lol:

UndertheWire
11-20-2017, 10:42 AM
Thank you to Shun and everyone for the commentary. Sirius isn't a option for me (at least not legitimately) so I'll take what I can.

wrt Longbranch Pennywhistle , earlier this year, JD Souther said he and Elliot Scheiner were re-mixing the album for re-release. It's in this thread (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2056&page=2).

shunlvswx
11-20-2017, 10:44 AM
I was shocked that Don's show was 2 and half hours, but i wasn't complaining. I thought it was going to be an hour like Joe's. Vince will be guest DJ this morning at 11:00am Eastern/10:00am Central. I know most of his picks will probably be country, but its going to be interesting with what he picked.

I guess Timothy is not going to be a guest DJ. I haven't heard anything about him doing a guest DJ.

The Orpy concert will be this Thursday at 2:00pm eastern/1:00pm central.

shunlvswx
11-20-2017, 01:27 PM
Vince's top 10 favorite songs (5 are Eagles favorite). He brought up Glenn. He compliments on Don and Glenn's songwriting.

1. Desperado -
2. Rocky Mountain Way
3. New Kid In Town
4. Let It Be - The Beatles
5. The Sad Cafe
6. Wildwood Flower - The Carter Family
7. left my desk during this song. So I don't know what was played
8. House of the Rising Sun -
9. Ol' 55
10. Take Me Home, Country Roads - John Denver

Delilah
11-20-2017, 02:28 PM
Wow Delilah, you are such a thorough note taker! I didn't listen to the whole thing, maybe 2/3rds or so. He also played "Vincent" by Don McLean somewhere near the beginning, around 4 or 5? It's such a beautiful song from the early 70s. And I agree about Don's radio voice, Shun.

Thank you, My My! I can’t believe I left that one off. I had completely forgotten that song and so hearing it was a pleasant surprise.

Vince's top 10 favorite songs (5 are Eagles favorite). He brought up Glenn. He compliments on Don and Glenn's songwriting.

1. Desperado -
2. Rocky Mountain Way
3. New Kid In Town
4. Let It Be - The Beatles
5. The Sad Cafe
6. Wildwood Flower - The Carter Family
7. left my desk during this song. So I don't know what was played
8. House of the Rising Sun -
9. Ol' 55
10. Take Me Home, Country Roads - John Denver

Thank you, Shun. I wasn’t able to listen to this earlier. I’m hoping to catch it on another loop. Funny how half his songs were Eagles songs, while Joe and Don only had one.

Delilah
11-20-2017, 02:51 PM
Btw, here is Joe’s list from the notes I had jotted down. I didn’t post it before b/c I wasn’t sure if there would be interest.

1. Meadows (w/ a funny story about the song’s “insane beginnng”)
2. That’ll Be the Day - Buddy Holly (1st album he ever bought, praised Buddy’s guitar playing)
3. Walk Don’t Run - The Ventures
4. Memphis - Lonnie Mack
5. Little Wing - Jimi Hendrix (Joe said this was very hard to play)
6. Silver Blue - Linda Ronstadt & JD Souther
7. She’s About a Mover - Sir Douglas Quintet
8. Do You Know What I Mean - Lee Michaels (spoke about his friendship with the late actor Jim Varney)
9. Our House - Madness (Joe said he heard this a month ago; I took that to mean he’d never heard it before but I may have misunderstood)
10. Hotel California (he said this is still a hard part to play & cant go on auto-pilot with this one; this song affected everyone which was a great feeling—not all musicians get to experience that)
11. But I Try - James Gang & Little Richard (demo they recorded together the day after a show, something LR came up with. They had to go back into the vault to find it. Now a bonus track on the deluxe Analog Man)

shunlvswx
11-20-2017, 04:36 PM
I have to go back and listen to Vince's show again. Since I'm at work, I couldn't turn my volume up to really write down what he said about each song. Plus I just got back to my desk. So I missed the rebroadcast. Luckily I got all the songs except one. Some good picks by Vince.

He said some good stuff about Glenn and Don especially about their songwriting. I think Vince called them genius and a match made in heaven which he was soo right about. Glenn and Don were a match made in heaven when it came to their songwriting.

I was actually surprised that majority of his list was Eagles songs. I thought maybe it was going to be mostly country songs. The House of the Rising Sun was a very big surprised. I don't know what he said about that song, but I'm very interesting in what he said about that song.

I loved the story about Vince meeting Paul at a dinner with Joe, Ringo and their wives. I remembered seeing a picture of Vince at the dinner with them and that started the rumor of Vince being part of the Eagles.

East Texas Girl
11-20-2017, 05:17 PM
Thanks so much for all the info and the link Delilah and Shun!!! I did not know I could listen to it with my phone. I quickly followed the link and found the station and the first song I heard was Is It True, how fitting that it was a Randy song!! :applause:

Freypower
11-20-2017, 05:47 PM
Putin by Randy Newman? Cool. :lol:

And A Few Words In Defence Of Our Country. :applause:

I wonder which songs were in the Beatles medley? Apart from Elvis Costello, the Beatles appear to be the only British act in Don's list.

I do not share Joe's opinion of But I Try.

shunlvswx
11-20-2017, 06:00 PM
And A Few Words In Defence Of Our Country. :applause:

I wonder which songs were in the Beatles medley? Apart from Elvis Costello, the Beatles appear to be the only British act in Don's list.

I do not share Joe's opinion of But I Try.

It was Gold Slumber/Carry That Weight/The End. I guess Don calls it the Beatles Medley

Freypower
11-20-2017, 06:05 PM
It was Gold Slumber/Carry That Weight/The End. I guess Don calls it the Beatles Medley

Thank you. A particular favourite of mine too.

shunlvswx
11-20-2017, 06:06 PM
I didn't know Etta James did a cover of Take It TO The Limit. Its an interesting version. Kinda churchy.

East Texas Girl
11-20-2017, 06:11 PM
I didn't know Etta James did a cover of Take It TO The Limit. Its an interesting version. Kinda churchy.

Thanks Shun, I was wondering who was singing TITTL. It was definitely different, I agree kinda churchy.

shunlvswx
11-20-2017, 06:32 PM
Its funny that they are playing a lot of the 1976 Forum concert before the boxset is released. It sounds good.

MaryCalifornia
11-20-2017, 06:47 PM
OK, Joe playing Madness has to be a joke, right? He was probably trying to listen to Crosby, Stills and Nash' Our House and came across Madness. Then he was like, what is this? This band is good! I wonder if he has heard Madness' One Step Beyond? :spin: Love hearing my 80s new wave bands on the Eagles channel.

Shadowland07
11-20-2017, 09:22 PM
Well my free streaming stopped, which sucks because now I can't listen to the Opry show this Thursday. Counting on you guys to keep me posted lol.

shunlvswx
11-20-2017, 09:33 PM
My free streaming stop on the 29th. So I'm gonna subscribe one more month and then get rid of it unless it becomes permanent. Than again. I can find another email to use. Lol

shunlvswx
11-21-2017, 12:04 AM
I just noticed that the song, Bluebird that was sung by James Gang was original sung by Buffalo Springfield. I didn't know that.

shunlvswx
11-21-2017, 06:01 PM
Ok. I like the song God Is Where You Find Him by Shiloh. Their are some good songs from the Shiloh album.

shunlvswx
11-22-2017, 10:05 AM
IF I heard it correctly, Joe and Bill will have a show together this year. I didn't catch the time, but I will post it when I hear it again.

Delilah
11-22-2017, 04:59 PM
Joe’s interview of Bill S. is going on right now. So far some shop talk about recording in the different studios.

They’ve played songs by Carole King, Sam? Tate, The James Gang and B.B. King.

My free streaming stopped the other day. I went ahead and signed up for their 6 months for $30 deal.

Shun, Bluebird is one of my favorite Buffalo Springfield songs. I didn’t know The James Gang covered it or I guess I forgot.

shunlvswx
11-22-2017, 05:08 PM
I missed majority of the show. It will probably be on again in an hour.

Maybe Don, Vince and Joe will do new shows every week until the channel ends in January.

shunlvswx
11-22-2017, 05:13 PM
They just announced it will be on again at 6:00pm Eastern/5:00pm Central.

Delilah
11-22-2017, 05:30 PM
I thought I heard Joe say he was going to do another one.

I’m also enjoying The Garth Channel.

shunlvswx
11-22-2017, 05:40 PM
He did. I guess this is the other one.

New Kid In Town
11-22-2017, 06:39 PM
Thanks to everyone for the run down of all of this. I could not get it on my computer.:sad:

Shadowland07
11-23-2017, 07:30 PM
Seems like they just played the same songs over and over from the Opry. Wish they played the whole thing.

Heartache Tonight
Take It Easy
Witchy Woman
In the City
I Can't Tell You Why
Best of My Love
Take It to the Limit
Those Shoes
New Kid In Town
Life's Been Good
Funk 49
Life In the Fast Lane

shunlvswx
11-24-2017, 07:13 PM
Finally!! Timothy speaks. He talks about I Can't Tell You Why.

New Kid In Town
11-24-2017, 07:19 PM
Shun - TY for your updates. I love ICTYW - what did Tim say about the song ?

shunlvswx
11-24-2017, 10:48 PM
I don't remember what he said, NKIT. I was just happy to hear Timothy. They have played his songs with the Eagles, Poco, solo songs and songs he sang on, but I've never heard him say anything about a song until now. They might had played it before, but this was my first time.

They kinda just did a triple play with Glenn. Ramblin' Gambling man, Smugglers Blues and then Peaceful Easy Feeling. Glenn talking about listening to Peaceful Easy Feeling for the first time and he thought a Poco like song he can sing. He likes the song and liked the line, "I want to sleep with you in the desert tonight.

Last Worthless Evening is playing right now. I love that song and the video.

Hotel California channel is now a week old.

NightMistBlue
11-24-2017, 10:54 PM
I'm sad to have missed Joe interviewing Bill S., that would have been really interesting. I'm currently renting a car with Sirius so I've gotten to hear some of the offerings - mostly Henley and one nice comment from Vince introducing his favorite Eagles song, NKIT.
How long (how long) will this channel be around?

shunlvswx
11-24-2017, 10:55 PM
They have played a lot of songs from LROOE album. They even have played I Dream There's No War. No More Walks In The Wood right now.

buffyfan145
11-25-2017, 11:17 AM
NMB, I think the channel is staying around till January.

shunlvswx
11-25-2017, 11:19 AM
January 2nd from what I heard. Hoping it will stay longer.

Delilah
11-25-2017, 12:21 PM
Finally, I’m getting to hear the Opry show.

Vince sings NKIT. Before doing so he says he thought it would be strange hearing anyone else but Glenn singing Glenn’s songs. He talks being happy to receive the phone call inviting him to play with these guys and help keep these songs alive. He dedicates NKIT To Deacon.

So far I’m inclined to believe there will be no dvd/cd of this show. Don, being the band’s best singer with the possible exception of Vince (who is arguably more of a Guest than an actual Eagle), is sounding strained to me.

Joe: “in the 70s every night was Halloween for us” He joked about dressing up for Halloween and someone (Vince?) told him “you’re 69 you idiot” Everyone laughs.

ETA: correction Joe joked about going trick-or-treating on Halloween

shunlvswx
11-25-2017, 02:45 PM
I loved what Vince said to Deacon. I loved your dad and I love you. That was so sweet.

shunlvswx
11-25-2017, 02:54 PM
They are playing Ol' 55 right now. It sounds almost the same, it sounds like the Eagles version is slightly faster. The Eagles version they paused a few times before more instruments comes in the song while Tom sings it right through with no stopping with the instrument. It weird to hear Tom Waits version.

They are playing I Love to Watch a Woman Dance. They have basically played all the songs from the LROOE album which I'm glad.

NightMistBlue
11-25-2017, 05:01 PM
NMB, I think the channel is staying around till January.

Thanks, Buff!

I've been enjoying it. Has anyone heard them play any of Randy's solo songs? Or have they even talked about him much? There was a discussion about Poco yesterday afternoon but the emphasis was on Timothy, which is fine of course.

Anyway, I've heard solo tracks from Henley, Walsh and Glenn but no one else.

LuvTim
11-25-2017, 05:08 PM
Thanks, Buff!

I've been enjoying it. Has anyone heard them play any of Randy's solo songs? Or have they even talked about him much? There was a discussion about Poco yesterday afternoon but the emphasis was on Timothy, which is fine of course.

Anyway, I've heard solo tracks from Henley, Walsh and Glenn but no one else.

We heard Randy's Hearts On Fire. :-)

shunlvswx
11-25-2017, 05:27 PM
I've heard one with Kim Carnes and I think their was another one i can't remember the name. They have played everybody's solo songs.

YoungEaglesFan
11-25-2017, 05:38 PM
I've heard one with Kim Carnes and I think their was another one i can't remember the name. They have played everybody's solo songs.

Bernie too?

shunlvswx
11-25-2017, 05:40 PM
I don't know if I heard any Bernie solo songs. I just heard the songs with Flying Burrito Brothers, Dillard & Clark and the Eagles.

shunlvswx
11-25-2017, 06:57 PM
I'm listening to In the City when Joe was part of Ringo's All Star Band. OMG!! Its hard to listen it. Its bad. Thank goodness Joe cleaned up some years later.

NightMistBlue
11-25-2017, 10:13 PM
I heard David Fricke claim that Timothy sings on the Steely Dan classic "Rikki Don't Lose That Number." Anyone here know if that's true? I know he sang on later albums.

LuvTim
11-25-2017, 10:21 PM
I heard David Fricke claim that Timothy sings on the Steely Dan classic "Rikki Don't Lose That Number." Anyone here know if that's true? I know he sang on later albums.

It's true. :-)

shunlvswx
11-26-2017, 08:34 PM
Since some people are already not happy about this channel(yes I have seen it and read it), I won't be saying anything else. Nothing can be said nice about anything on this board anymore without it being spin and twisted into something negative.

I'm getting tired of trying to be positive. I'm tired of posting positive interesting stuff that half of this board don't give a crap about. No more from me in this thread. I'm done.

maryc2130
11-26-2017, 08:51 PM
I'm sorry, Shun. I haven't been able to get Sirius yet and have really enjoyed the updates from you and Delilah. I don't know why people would object to this station. If they don't like the songs from the Classic shows, they don't have to listen to them. From what you've said, there's a lot of other good stuff from the past. It's like throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

New Kid In Town
11-26-2017, 09:00 PM
Shun - I also want you to know I have enjoyed your posts. I also do not get Sirius and enjoyed all your updates. Since I don't get the station I have not read everything posted. I did not even know people were posting negative stuff. Please don't let this discourage you - I looked forward to your updates as have I'm sure many others.

My My
11-26-2017, 09:09 PM
Yes, Shun. Add me to the list of those who have enjoyed your posts about the channel. I was able to stream it free for a couple of days, but not now. I really enjoyed it while I was able to.

Delilah
11-26-2017, 09:47 PM
I really haven’t seen much negativity on this thread myself, maybe I just missed it or I’ve learned to ignore it. I know I said Don H sounded strained during the Opry performance but I’m just giving my opinion. I’m still happy to listen to it and I still think it’s a great honor for them.

I will say I thought there would be a lot more interest in a thread about an Eagles radio station, which is all about the music, not so much what is going on with the new line-up.

On another note, I am so happy another song by The Poor was played (“How Many Tears”)! :partytime: So far all 3 of Randy’s hit singles have been played as well some Poco and Rick Nelson songs.

shunlvswx
11-26-2017, 10:10 PM
No, Delilah. Not your post. I would had come out and say the same thing myself. I'm talking about the channel in general.

Freypower
11-26-2017, 11:54 PM
Since some people are already not happy about this channel(yes I have seen it and read it), I won't be saying anything else. Nothing can be said nice about anything on this board anymore without it being spin and twisted into something negative.

I'm getting tired of trying to be positive. I'm tired of posting positive interesting stuff that half of this board don't give a crap about. No more from me in this thread. I'm done.

You are referring to Soda's post about this in the Eagles 3.0 thread.

May I remind you that the Eagles 3.0 thread is supposed to be the thread where people who object to the current situation can voice their objections. That is why Soda posted there, not here. Nobody is trying to stop you from posting anything you want. If you & those who share your view like this channel, that's fine. But you have to understand that others feel differently.

sodascouts
11-27-2017, 12:01 AM
shun, I really don't understand why you are so determined to complain about the content of Eagles 3.0 in so many different threads. You have done this multiple times. We have tried to contain that negativity, but posts like yours make it very difficult. You should know this, as it has been said before, yet you continue to spread it around the board. I don't get it. You say you are tired of the negativity, yet you are the one who most perpetuates it outside of Eagles 3.0. Can't you see this?

If you have a problem with something I am posting in particular, I suggest you PM me rather than derail a thread.

Up until now, this has been a very pleasant thread. I'd like to keep it that way. Let's talk about the station and not about what's going on in other threads.

UndertheWire
11-27-2017, 10:48 AM
Please continue to post about what is broadcast on the channel. There are many of us who can't hear it and would like to know what is covered.

shunlvswx
11-27-2017, 11:03 AM
Surprising I heard Praying For Rain this morning as I was getting ready for work. I thought I heard a song from Cass County but I don't remember. If not, I think this is the first time.

NightMistBlue
11-27-2017, 01:09 PM
On another note, I am so happy another song by The Poor was played (“How Many Tears”)! :partytime: So far all 3 of Randy’s hit singles have been played as well some Poco and Rick Nelson songs.

Woah! Super impressed. I did not have lucky timing in terms of hearing Randy content, but I sure enjoyed the channel plenty and hope I get a rental car with Sirius on Christmas vacation.

I heard selections from Shiloh, Longbranch Pennywhistle and Timmy's "Playin' It Cool". In regards to the latter, Joe Friday of Friday Music says he's doing a remaster of that album. He sometimes posts on a Randy FB fan page that I visit.

shunlvswx
11-27-2017, 01:51 PM
They just played How Many Tears again. They also played Never Been in Love. I think that's the name of the song. I think that's the other solo song I've heard. Deep Inside My Love with Kim Carnes, Hearts On Fire and Never Been in Love.

They are now playing Is It True.

NightMistBlue
11-27-2017, 02:38 PM
Snap! The Randy-force was not with me.

I heard when Don Henley was playing guest DJ, and he would say something about each artist. He played "Rock Me on the Water" by Jackson Browne (said Jackson was only about 20 when he wrote it); "Excitable Boy" by Warren Zevon, "Bad News Travels Fast" by JD Souther and something I can't remember by Linda Ronstadt. He said Linda had total focus and her career went exactly as she wanted it.

Brooke
11-27-2017, 02:42 PM
I listened to the channel in my car over the weekend. Heard lots of the new Eagles and lots of their old music. I enjoyed hearing songs from Longbranch Pennywhistle that I'd never heard.

I got to hear Vince Gill's version of PEF and his comments before about getting the call to join the band and how thrilled he was. His little speech was very touching and heartfelt and he dedicated PEF to Deacon and said he loved Glenn and Deacon and that it was hard for him to hear any of Glenn's songs sung by anyone other than Glenn. I thought he did a fine job singing it.

shunlvswx
11-27-2017, 02:46 PM
Actually Brooke. It was New Kid In Town.

I loved that little speech. I would had loved to seen Deacon's face when Vince dedicated New Kid In Town to him.

shunlvswx
11-27-2017, 02:47 PM
Snap! The Randy-force was not with me.

I heard when Don Henley was playing guest DJ, and he would say something about each artist. He played "Rock Me on the Water" by Jackson Browne (said Jackson was only about 20 when he wrote it); "Excitable Boy" by Warren Zevon, "Bad News Travels Fast" by JD Souther and something I can't remember by Linda Ronstadt. He said Linda had total focus and her career went exactly as she wanted it.

The song was Skylark. It was a very beautiful song.

Delilah
11-27-2017, 03:16 PM
The (non-Eagles) Timothy songs I’ve heard include “Green-Eyed Lady” by Glad; a solo song I don’t remember anymore but I think it may have been “Playin It Cool”; “So Much in Love” and a couple of Poco songs: “A Good Feeling To Know” and “Rose of Cimarron.”

I’m really appreciating Longbranch Pennywhistle now that I’ve heard a couple of their songs more than once. It’s also cool hearing something by Hearts and Flowers, Bernie’s old band. Shiloh has some good material but there is one song that is not so great, IMO.

I haven’t heard any solo Felder material nor anything by Flow. I did hear “Visions” one time.

Speaking of Linda Ronstadt, I didn’t know Don H, Glenn and Timothy sang backing vocals for her in 1974, before Timothy joined the Eagles.

shunlvswx
11-27-2017, 03:19 PM
The (non-Eagles) Timothy songs I’ve heard include “Green-Eyed Lady” by Glad; a solo song I don’t remember anymore but I think it may have been “Playin It Cool”; “So Much in Love” and a couple of Poco songs: “A Good Feeling To Know” and “Rose of Cimarron.”

I’m really appreciating Longbranch Pennywhistle now that I’ve heard a couple of their songs. It’s also cool hearing something by Hearts and Flowers, Bernie’s old band. Shiloh has some good material but there is one song that is not so great, IMO.

I haven’t heard any solo Felder material nor anything by Flow. I did hear “Visions” one time.

I really doubt they will play any of Felder's solo stuff. Felder probably wouldn't say yes for them to play his solo stuff and I don't see Don or Irving asking permission to play his solo stuff, but than again. We never know. I was surprised they even played Visions.

I haven't heard Playin' It Cool yet. I did hear So Much In Love, but I haven't heard since a week and a half ago. They played Boys Night Out a lot.

Delilah
11-27-2017, 03:33 PM
“Boys Night Out” — that was what I heard, but it was awhile back.

LuvTim
11-27-2017, 03:51 PM
“Boys Night Out” — that was what I heard, but it was awhile back.

I heard that, too. I like that song, and I was so excited to hear it on the radio! (Of course, I hear it a lot from my own collection, but not unexpectedly, on the radio, you know?) The Eagles station played that one pretty early on.

Dawn
11-27-2017, 03:58 PM
I gave it a try but prefer listening to the Eagles with Glenn Frey.

shunlvswx
11-27-2017, 04:01 PM
The last time Boys Night Out was played was on Friday.

They are playing Joe's favorite songs show again. I thought they were going to stop playing it since I didn't hear the announcement of it repeating on such and such day.

Freypower
11-27-2017, 04:23 PM
Obviously I will never hear this station but I have one question. Has any of Glenn's solo work been played apart from The Heat Is On & Smuggler's Blues? If not, I will confine myself to saying that is very disappointing.

Delilah
11-27-2017, 04:23 PM
Just to point out, aside from the Opry concert and the cover songs, the vast majority of Eagles songs played on this station are by the Eagles with Glenn. I’ve only heard 2 Eagles songs that don’t have Glenn and they were both from the Classic West concert: TITTL (which I heard twice) and TIE (I heard once).

I heard that, too. I like that song, and I was so excited to hear it on the radio! (Of course, I hear it a lot from my own collection, but not unexpectedly, on the radio, you know?) The Eagles station played that one pretty early on.

Yes, LT, I know! I get so excited too, when I hear one of Randy’s songs pop up on the radio, even though I listen to them frequently on my iPod or cds. I never ever thought I’d hear The Poor on the radio.

Delilah
11-27-2017, 04:28 PM
Obviously I will never hear this station but I have one question. Has any of Glenn's solo work been played?

Yes, FP, they’ve played You Belong to the City, Smuggler’s Blues, The Heat is On, Sexy Girl and True Love. I also heard The One You Love early on. I believe I heard This Way to Happiness once. The first couple of songs listed have been played several times.

Freypower
11-27-2017, 04:29 PM
Yes, FP, they’ve played You Belong to the City, Smuggler’s Blues, The Heat is On, Sexy Girl and True Love. I also heard The One You Love early on. I believe I heard This Way to Happiness once.

Thanks for that.

shunlvswx
11-27-2017, 04:42 PM
Almost everybody's solo songs are being played. Its mostly the songs that were singles. I haven't heard any solo songs from Bernie or Felder(which I know that's not going to happen).

IMO They are heavily playing Joe's solo and James Gang songs. I love Joe, but I'm kinda getting sick and tired of hearing In the City(if its live, solo, or with the Eagles). I'm starting to hate that song. But I do love hearing songs I've never heard of from Joe's career.

NightMistBlue
11-27-2017, 04:47 PM
They are playing Joe's favorite songs show again. I thought they were going to stop playing it since I didn't hear the announcement of it repeating on such and such day.

I was happy to hear that Joe is a Buddy Holly fan. He said "That'll Be the Day" is one that guitar players should know back-to-front (I'm paraphrasing).

What other songs did he choose? My car trips tended to be short, but I believe he actually chose a Barnstorm tune. Usually I don't like when artists play their own records on the radio, it smacks of self-promotion, but Joe is such a likeable lug. He can get away with a lot.

Delilah
11-27-2017, 04:54 PM
I was happy to hear that Joe is a Buddy Holly fan. He said "That'll Be the Day" is one that guitar players should know back-to-front (I'm paraphrasing).

What other songs did he choose? My car trips tended to be short, but I believe he actually chose a Barnstorm tune. Usually I don't like when artists play their own records on the radio, it smacks of self-promotion, but Joe is such a likeable lug. He can get away with a lot.

From a previous post, NMB:

Btw, here is Joe’s list from the notes I had jotted down. I didn’t post it before b/c I wasn’t sure if there would be interest.

1. Meadows (w/ a funny story about the song’s “insane beginnng”)
2. That’ll Be the Day - Buddy Holly (1st album he ever bought, praised Buddy’s guitar playing)
3. Walk Don’t Run - The Ventures
4. Memphis - Lonnie Mack
5. Little Wing - Jimi Hendrix (Joe said this was very hard to play)
6. Silver Blue - Linda Ronstadt & JD Souther
7. She’s About a Mover - Sir Douglas Quintet
8. Do You Know What I Mean - Lee Michaels (spoke about his friendship with the late actor Jim Varney)
9. Our House - Madness (Joe said he heard this a month ago; I took that to mean he’d never heard it before but I may have misunderstood)
10. Hotel California (he said this is still a hard part to play & cant go on auto-pilot with this one; this song affected everyone which was a great feeling—not all musicians get to experience that)
11. But I Try - James Gang & Little Richard (demo they recorded together the day after a show, something LR came up with. They had to go back into the vault to find it. Now a bonus track on the deluxe Analog Man)

Shun, I tend to agree: a little too much Joe.

shunlvswx
11-27-2017, 05:19 PM
I know there's one song I don't ever want to hear again, but I know its going to be played again, Joe's version of Life In The Fast Lane when he was in Ringo's All Star Band. OMG That was soo painful to listen to. I see why Don got mad with Joe in the early 90s for singing that song.

NightMistBlue
11-27-2017, 05:29 PM

They're good with the obscure country covers. Tanya Tucker did a version of "Best of My Love" - she sounded real young.

Funk 50
11-27-2017, 05:29 PM
It's great to discover Lonnie Mack's Memphis.

The first James Gang album, Yer Album from 1970, closes with a storming 12 minute guitar jam through Ragavoy / Shuman's Stop culminating in some fantastic guitar lickery which, I now know, is straight from Lonnie Mack's Memphis. The live version of Stop never goes on for much more than 5 minutes.

Joe recorded She’s About a Mover with Ringo Starr on the Old Wave album they did together in the early 1980s and occasionally performs it live too when he's got a horn section handy.

It's a pity that the horned up Eagles never performed She’s About a Mover in the past. I think it would have gone down a treat in concert. :-)

It sounds pretty rough on disc but I've seen Joe's Life In The Fast Lane flagged up as the highlight of the first Ringo Starr And His All-Starr Band tour set list. In some pretty impressive company too. I guess you had to be there. :shrug:

NightMistBlue
11-27-2017, 05:36 PM
The "horned-up Eagles"? That's not a reference to the 3E parties, I presume. :blush: Did the band travel with a horn section at one time?

Freypower
11-27-2017, 05:43 PM
The "horned-up Eagles"? That's not a reference to the 3E parties, I presume. :blush: Did the band travel with a horn section at one time?

They had a horn section on the Farewell One tour.

East Texas Girl
11-27-2017, 06:04 PM
I have enjoyed listening to the station, but have been unable to get it to work on my phone today so that I could listen while at work. :scowl:

But I thought they might give a bit more background info on each past/present Eagles' member. It seems they have spent more time on Eagles' influences than members. Unless I have missed something.

buffyfan145
11-27-2017, 06:13 PM
I've been really enjoying it while we have it too. Today is the last day for the free preview, though hopefully we'll get one around Christmas as it's happened before in other years.

shunlvswx
11-28-2017, 10:21 AM
Timothy was on a radio show last night. I didn't listen to it and I totally forgot it was coming on. I tried to find a recap from the show online, but I couldn't find it. I did see it last night, but I don't know where I saw it. Here's a few things I remembered.

-Timothy will have a guest DJ show. So stay tune with that.
-Joe had a hand in the programming. That does explain why the station is soo heavily playing Joe's music.

shunlvswx
11-28-2017, 02:01 PM
I guess they are playing songs from their current solo album. I just heard Take a Picture Of This. I think this is the third song I heard from Cass County. I heard Praying For Rain yesterday and I can't remembered the third one.

Brooke
11-28-2017, 03:50 PM
Actually Brooke. It was New Kid In Town.

I loved that little speech. I would had loved to seen Deacon's face when Vince dedicated New Kid In Town to him.

You're right, shun. I did also hear Vince sing PEF though, during the Opry concert.

They're good with the obscure country covers. Tanya Tucker did a version of "Best of My Love" - she sounded real young.

I must admit I had to change the channel when that came on! I thought she was awful! lol

shunlvswx
11-28-2017, 03:53 PM
I didn't like Tanya's version either. I love some of her songs, but I didn't like her version of Best Of My Love. I do love Little Texas' version of PEF. It has been played a few times on the channel. Very close to the original.

shunlvswx
11-28-2017, 04:14 PM
You're right, shun. I did also hear Vince sing PEF though, during the Opry concert.

You're right. Vince did sing it on the Opry last year. I think the video is still on Youtube.

shunlvswx
11-30-2017, 11:46 AM
I saw on Jack's page that he will also do a guest DJ show. There's a picture of him and Timothy on his page.

Both his and Timothy's show hasn't been announced yet.

NightMistBlue
11-30-2017, 12:22 PM
I think it's time for me to cave in and get this. I wanna hear Timmy's radio show!

shunlvswx
11-30-2017, 12:27 PM
Try the free trial. That's what I'm using. I just redid another free trial so I'm good until the end of next month.

Try this link: https://player.siriusxm.com. You can use it online and your phone.

NightMistBlue
11-30-2017, 12:30 PM
Free?! Yes, it's free!! Thanks, Shun. I was going to do the car subscription but maybe online is the way to go.

Pippinwhite
11-30-2017, 05:00 PM
Under "Eagles Influences," they played "Maple Leaf Rag" by Scott Joplin, which I thought was pretty cool.

Delilah
11-30-2017, 05:13 PM
Under "Eagles Influences," they played "Maple Leaf Rag" by Scott Joplin, which I thought was pretty cool.

Me too; at the beginning they also played “The Entertainer” (theme song of the movie The Sting) which was neat. I didn’t know that was a Scott Joplin tune.

Pippinwhite
11-30-2017, 05:53 PM
Oh yeah. My mom had a bunch of albums and one was the Dukes of Dixieland playing Scott Joplin tunes, so I heard his stuff from the time I was a tiny thing. In fact, I knew it was The Entertainer when The Sting came out and it was on the trailers. LOL.

Spotify has a lot of Scott Joplin music if you want to hear more.

shunlvswx
12-02-2017, 08:34 PM
They are playing more songs I haven't heard on there. Please Come Home For Christmas, Sea Cruise, Driving With Your Eyes Closed, I've Got Mine, Love in the 21st Century, Rivers (OF The Hidden Funk), You Don't Know Me At All and The Allnighter.

For Glenn, its cool to hear other songs than YBTTC, Smuggler's Blues and The Heat Is On.

shunlvswx
12-03-2017, 03:18 PM
They are finally playing something from Joe's solo album. Maybe they will finally play Timothy's current solo album.

shunlvswx
12-03-2017, 03:36 PM
They just played Glenn's song, Don't Give Up. Do ya'll know what album that's on? Interesting song music wise.

scottside
12-03-2017, 03:41 PM
They just played Glenn's song, Don't Give Up. Do ya'll know what album that's on? Interesting song music wise.

Don't Give Up is from NO FUN ALOUD.

shunlvswx
12-05-2017, 10:20 AM
They're now putting Don's song he did duets on. I heard Leather and Lace yesterday. They are playing Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough right now.

I love hearing Glenn's other solo songs. I heard a few from No Fun Aloud. I heard I Found Somebody yesterday. That was the first time hearing it on this channel.

They played Randy's song Strangers.

Maybe they heard all the complaining of all the songs by Joe. :rofl: They are still playing In The City a lot.

NightMistBlue
12-05-2017, 11:20 AM
They played Randy's song Strangers.

Hooray! That's his duet with Ann Wilson; written by Sir Elton John. Good stuff.

shunlvswx
12-05-2017, 11:41 AM
It was a live version so I don't know if Ann sang on the song. I had the volume low since I can't play it too loud when you have your boss also in the same office. I need to hear it again. It sounded interesting.

NightMistBlue
12-05-2017, 12:21 PM
Oh wow, they really are choosing some rarities.

Awhile back, I downloaded a live version of this song from '82 with Randy singing both parts.

Pippinwhite
12-05-2017, 12:39 PM
Heard "Hearts on Fire" from Randy last night, and also several things from Longbranch Pennywhistle.

shunlvswx
12-05-2017, 01:24 PM
They do play Hearts on Fire a lot.

NightMistBlue
12-05-2017, 01:44 PM
Wouldn't it be massively cool if they played Randy's Budweiser commercial? It was the Bud jingle done to the tune of "Hearts on Fire." I'm so dang old, I actually remember these series of radio commercials from the early 80s, a bunch of artists set their hit song of the time to the "This Bud's for you" jingle lyrics. https://soundcloud.com/randymesinerunofficial/randy-meisner-budweiswer-radio-commercial

shunlvswx
12-05-2017, 03:06 PM
I didn't know Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson did a duet to the song Take It To The Limit. Interesting version. Very country love did you wrong melody. :rofl:

YoungEaglesFan
12-05-2017, 03:37 PM
I didn't know Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson did a duet to the song Take It To The Limit. Interesting version. Very country love did you wrong melody. :rofl:

I was also surprised they did a duet of it. But not only did they do the song, The album was called “Take It To The Limit” as well.

Delilah
12-05-2017, 04:29 PM
There was a discussion some time ago about the different covers of TITTL. I don’t remember which thread it was on; it may have been about the OOTN album.

It would be so cool if they did play some Randy live tracks. I’ve only heard Joe’s live solo songs and I think they all came from the Live album.

shunlvswx
12-05-2017, 04:56 PM
They are playing I Dream There Was No War. Glenn's beautiful instrumental that he won a Grammy for.

shunlvswx
12-06-2017, 12:10 AM
I think it was either Saturday or Sunday, I heard Timothy's version of Caroline, No and Glenn's Route 66. They are finally playing the guys curent album. I still haven't heard any songs from Timothy's new album yet.

shunlvswx
12-06-2017, 10:39 AM
They finally played something from Expando called A Good Day.

Brooke
12-06-2017, 05:35 PM
I usually listen when I'm in my car. I've heard Glenn's Don't Give Up and The One You Love. Joe's The Radio Song and Randy's Hearts on Fire. I loved JD Souther and Linda Ronstadt's Silver Blue. Besides more I've forgotten now!

I also heard a clip of Glenn talking about writing Heartache Tonight with Bob Seger. He said he came in singing "Somebody's gonna hurt someone" and Bob chimed in with "There's gonna be a heartache tonight". He said that song was so easy to write. Loved hearing his voice! :sad:

shunlvswx
12-06-2017, 05:58 PM
I love hearing Glenn too. I'm glad they are finally playing his non hits or songs that are from his solo albums. I even heard one from After Hours.

I've been wondering since Sirius started this how old those clips of him talking about the song are. They sound like the older Glenn.

NightMistBlue
12-06-2017, 06:30 PM
I still haven't heard any songs from Timothy's new album yet.

Woah. That would seem to be a major oversight or possibly a slight. Timothy, call your agent, man!

NightMistBlue
12-06-2017, 06:35 PM
I also heard a clip of Glenn talking about writing Heartache Tonight with Bob Seger. He said he came in singing "Somebody's gonna hurt someone" and Bob chimed in with "There's gonna be a heartache tonight". He said that song was so easy to write.

But it took five people to write it! :) Sorry, I was an avid reader of Creem magazine back in the day. It was like a blue-collar version of Rolling Stone. They were great mockers of the rich and famous. I remember them marvelling that it took five people to write "Heartache Tonight." Hey, why not?

Bob Seger's "Against the Wind" album cover was a target of much sarcasm as well.

shunlvswx
12-06-2017, 06:41 PM
Woah. That would seem to be a major oversight or possibly a slight. Timothy, call your agent, man!

They were barely playing Don and Joe's current album either and I heard one song from After Hours this past weekend. They just started playing more from their current album last week. I only heard one song from Analog Man and I think 4 songs from Cass County. They are finally playing more of Glenn songs that weren't the usual You Belong To The City, The Heat Is On, Smuggler's Blues and The One You Love (which they were playing a lot too).

Like Timothy said in a Sirius interview I think either a week or two ago that Joe had a hand in the programming which explain the heavily played songs by Joe. They were finally playing more of the guys non single songs.

Timothy will probably play his current album soon. He and Jack's DJ should be coming up soon. I have noticed they are playing less and less of Joe's solo songs, but still playing In The City a lot. :unimpressed:

Out of Control
12-10-2017, 01:49 AM
Heard two Elvis Presley songs as "influences": That's All Right and Suspicious Minds

I know this is slightly off-topic, but I know Don liked him and Elvis was one of Glenn's nicknames, but are there any other stories of Elvis' influence on either the band or its members separately?

Delilah
12-11-2017, 02:20 PM
Out of Control, Randy has said in interviews that watching Elvis perform on TV inspired him to start playing the guitar. He later switched to bass and co-founded a band, The Dynamics, when he was only 15. This band became the most in-demand group of the region, often playing to sell-out crowds at ballrooms, clubs, dances, etc. From there, Randy continued to pursue music.

So definitely Elvis influenced Randy.

Other influences who are being played:

The Byrds
CSN&Y
Johnny Cash
T-Bone Walker
Scott Joplin
Patsy Cline
The Beatles
The Rolling Stones
Marvin Gaye
Hank Williams Sr

I think Chuck Berry was included as well. I’m sure I’m missing others. Maybe Shun can list more.

There’s also another category of artists, “Family Tree” that includes Linda Ronstadt, Bob Seger and J.D. Souther.

shunlvswx
12-11-2017, 02:48 PM
Jackson with the Family Tree.

Family Tree (people they've played with)
Jackson Browne
Jay Ferguson
Firefall
Steely Dan
Flying Burrito Brothers
Buffalo Springfield
Poco
Rick Nelson

Influences:
Glen Campbell
Smokey Robinson and the Miracles
Tom Waits (I don't know why this is an influence)
Kenny Rogers

These artists covered Eagles songs:
Clint Black
Johnny Cash
Diana Krall (I've heard two from her: Desperado and I Can't Tell You Why)
Tanya Tucker
Alan Jackson
Buck Owens
Waylon Jennings/Willie Nelson
Etta James
Brownstone
Vince Gill
Gypsy Kings
Garth Brooks
Johnny Rodriguez
Conway Twitty
John Anderson
Travis Tritt
Little Texas

Their maybe more, I can't remembered.

I think the country ones are probably Don since he listened to that a lot growing up before Elvis and The Beatles came around. CSN&Y and Rolling Stones can be any of them. Smokey Robinson and the Miracles is probably Glenn since he grew up in Detroit. I remembered a story of Don seeing the Byrds in concert, but that could be the other guys too.

Delilah
12-11-2017, 03:54 PM
Thank you, Shun. I can’t believe I forgot Smokey Robinson and the Miracles! I knew I was missing someone from Motown. I think Glenn may have talked about Tom Waits in a 70s interview and of course, they covered Waits’ song, “Ol 55.” Part of The Byrds’ influence can be linked to Gram Parsons, who was once in the group and then later played with Bernie in the FBB.

I remember one cover that was interesting, The Long Run by Big Reel Fish. There’s also JD Souther’s covers of BOML and NKIT.

I don’t care for Diane Krall’s “Desperado” at all. :thumbsdown:

shunlvswx
12-11-2017, 04:21 PM
Yes. I remembered JD's versions of NKIT, BOML, Heartache Tonight. I heard the original version of How Long for the first time on the channel. JD has an updated version of How Long, but it definitely had that country feel.

tbsfan
12-11-2017, 04:33 PM
Heard two Elvis Presley songs as "influences": That's All Right and Suspicious Minds

I know this is slightly off-topic, but I know Don liked him and Elvis was one of Glenn's nicknames, but are there any other stories of Elvis' influence on either the band or its members separately?

Timothy has said in interviews that Hound Dog was the first record he bought.

Pippinwhite
12-12-2017, 12:39 PM
I know DH has talked about the influence Elvis had on him. Seems like he said the first record he bought was an Elvis single. Maybe "That's All Right Mama," but I could be wrong.

I'd like to hear some big band music under the "influences" header, since Glenn was named after Glenn Miller and heard that music growing up. My parents are also from the same generation as his, so I heard it growing up, too, in spite of the fact I was born 20 years later. LOL.

shunlvswx
12-12-2017, 12:47 PM
It was Hound Dog that was Don's first Elvis single he bought or in this case his mother bought.

Pippinwhite
12-12-2017, 03:19 PM
Ah. That's right. I remember now!

shunlvswx
12-12-2017, 03:36 PM
Add Steve Winwood to the Family Tree.

David Fricke just said that Joe co-write and played lead guitar on Split Decision which is on his Back in The High Life Again album.

So Steve has worked (well share the same stage for one of them) with two Eagles. Don and Joe. I don't know if he worked with the other guys.

Freypower
12-12-2017, 07:17 PM
Add Steve Winwood to the Family Tree.

David Fricke just said that Joe co-write and played lead guitar on Split Decision which is on his Back in The High Life Again album.

So Steve has worked (well share the same stage for one of them) with two Eagles. Don and Joe. I don't know if he worked with the other guys.

Does sharing a stage count as 'working' with someone?

Funk 50
12-12-2017, 08:01 PM
When Joe came to England to play at the Jim Capaldi tribute in 2007, Joe and Stevie sang Love Will Keep Us Alive together. Joe's a big fan of Stevie, Gimme Some Lovin' is one of his favorite tracks, Traffic is one of his favorite bands.

Timothy's a big fan of Stevie too. When he was starting out in the music business, Stevie's vocals were within Tim's vocal range. Asked to sing a classic track on UK radio, several years ago, Tim sang Blind Faith's Can't Find My Way Home.

shunlvswx
12-12-2017, 09:22 PM
I just heard right now that Timothy's guest DJing show is tomorrow. I can't remembered if I heard 5:00pm Eastern/4:00 pm Central or 4:00pm Eastern/3:00pm Central. I was so happy to hear that they are finally showing Timothy's show, that i forgot. Lol

tbsfan
12-12-2017, 10:31 PM
I just heard right now that Timothy's is tomorrow. I can't remembered if I heard 5:00pm Eastern/4:00 pm Central or 4:00pm Eastern/3:00pm Central. I was so happy to hear that they are finally having Timothy's time, that i forgot. Lol

I heard it too. It's 5:00 pm Eastern/4:00 pm Central.

shunlvswx
12-12-2017, 10:36 PM
Thanks. That's what I thought. I remembered seeing 5:00pm.

shunlvswx
12-13-2017, 02:53 PM
Another new show alert (which I didn't know he did one too).

JD's Guest DJ show is this Friday at 7:00pm Eastern/6:00pm Central.

Bob and Jack's guest DJ shows should be coming up soon in the next few days. Probably next week.

shunlvswx
12-13-2017, 04:34 PM
Who sings Born to Boogie? Is It Glenn?

scottside
12-13-2017, 04:54 PM
Who sings Born to Boogie? Is It Glenn?

Yes!

shunlvswx
12-13-2017, 07:32 PM
I had to share this story. I'm kinda paraphrasing this. I don't know if this story was ever told, but its new to me.

We know the story of Irving bumping into Timothy at a hotel. What's interesting is JD was neighbors with Timothy and JD was the one who told Timothy their was a possibility that he would get a call from either Irving or Glenn about joining the Eagles. It was a secret and JD didn't want to tell him. Of course later on Timothy got the call from Glenn and the rest is history.

Also from Timothy. He was still married to his first wife when he joined the Eagles.

shunlvswx
12-13-2017, 08:06 PM
The songs that Timothy played.
1. Kingston Trio: Greenback Dollar
2. Timothy with the Beach Boys: Caroline, No
3. The Beatles: Sun King
4. Steely Dan: Ricky Don't Lose That Number
5. Todd Rundgren: Pretending to Care
6. Staple Singers: I'll Take You There
7. I think I miss this song.
8. AL Green: I can't get next to you
9. Doolin dalton
10. Tequila sunrise - Timothy kinda made a boo boo on this one. He said JD help write the song. :headscratch: I forgave him. LOL
11. One of these nights
12. The sad café
13. Please come home for Christmas

YoungEaglesFan
12-13-2017, 08:46 PM
Wait a minute Glenn sings born to boogie??? I could have sworn that was Don. That sounds just like him in his more speaking voice

Freypower
12-13-2017, 08:46 PM
Wait a minute Glenn sings born to boogie??? I could have sworn that was Don. That sounds just like him in his more speaking voice

It's Glenn alright.

shunlvswx
12-14-2017, 01:16 AM
I wanted to make sure it was Glenn even though I had a feeling it was Glenn. They started playing that song last weekend. I had always skipped that song on the Selected Work CD and last weekend was the first time hearing their version.

They also started to play Funky New Year a lot too.

Delilah
12-14-2017, 05:26 PM
I missed Timothy’s segment! Hopefully it will air again.

I had to share this story. I'm kinda paraphrasing this. I don't know if this story was ever told, but its new to me.

We know the story of Irving bumping into Timothy at a hotel. What's interesting is JD was neighbors with Timothy and JD was the one who told Timothy their was a possibility that he would get a call from either Irving or Glenn about joining the Eagles. It was a secret and JD didn't want to tell him. Of course later on Timothy got the call from Glenn and the rest is history.

Also from Timothy. He was still married to his first wife when he joined the Eagles.

Timothy talked about this in an interview awhile back. If I’m not mistaken, it was posted in his press thread.

I could have sworn I read he had started seeing his 2nd wife right before he joined the Eagles. I guess he and the 1st were separated by then. :shrug:

Btw, Fairport Convention is one I left off the “Influences” list.

NightMistBlue
12-14-2017, 05:39 PM
Many thanks, Shun! Al Green's version of "Can't Get Next to You" is seriously funky, and long a favorite of mine. How 'bout that, me and Timothy have something in common. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuqXvIoxpQc

Favorite line: "I've been trying to call you all day long, but you see I don't have your phone number honey..."

New Kid In Town
12-14-2017, 05:50 PM
I missed Timothy’s segment! Hopefully it will air again.
Timothy talked about this in an interview awhile back. If I’m not mistaken, it was posted in his press thread.

I could have sworn I read he had started seeing his 2nd wife right before he joined the Eagles. I guess he and the 1st were separated by then. :shrug:

Btw, Fairport Convention is one I left off the “Influences” list.

Delilah - That's interesting about Tim still be married to his first wife when he joined the Eagles. I had assumed the same thing. All the pictures of him from the RS baseball game show him with Jean. :???:

shunlvswx
12-14-2017, 05:52 PM
I had to look that title up and yep that's the song I knew with The Temptations and my other favorite group, the Osmonds sang it too. I didn't know Al sang I Can't Get Next To You too. His version came out a year after the Temptations.

shunlvswx
12-14-2017, 05:58 PM
Delilah - That's interesting about Tim still be married to his first wife when he joined the Eagles. I had assumed the same thing. All the pictures of him from the RS baseball game show him with Jean. :???:

I know. I was like, wait!!! Timothy was still married to his first wife when he joined the Eagles. :headscratch: I was like what happened between when Timothy getting the call in late 1977 to the softball game in May 1978. I know he wasn't talking about Jean being on vacation because why would Jean go on vacation alone with Timothy's daughter especially if you are starting to date around that time. Do we know when Timothy actually joined the Eagles?

Delilah. Its not airing again until tomorrow at 12:00pm Eastern/11:00am Central. I actually thought it was coming on tonight at that time, but its tomorrow.

Delilah
12-14-2017, 06:02 PM

Oh, I haven’t seen the ones with Jean.

Shun, I didn’t know the Osmonds covered that. I’m only familiar with The Temptations version.

ETA: thanks for the info about tomorrow, I thought I might have to wait a few days.

FannyBeTender
12-14-2017, 10:08 PM
First off, been lurking around the board for about a year now, but never registered until just now.

Anyways, in this interview (http://timothybschmitfans.com/otr1101.html) Timothy says:

Yeah, well, during that 13 years, I spent a lot of time hoping and wishing that it would. I was really humbled during that time. My whole lifestyle changed. I started hustling, started, you know, I was singing for people I probably wouldn't normally sing for. I did it just because I didn't want to do anything other than the music. After the band broke up, I was going through a horrible divorce. I lost a lot of stuff. I lost houses. I lost my record deal after my first solo album. Things were just, like, not lookin’ that good, except for the fact that I was with-who is my wife now-I was just starting to be with her and she was...that was the great part of my life then; and we eventually had a child and then a second child.

In a more recent interview(https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/2943201/singer-timothy-b-schmit-opens-up-on-his-thirty-years-in-the-eagles-the-death-of-bandmate-glenn-frey-and-his-solo-career/):

Next we wind the clock back to ’77 and Schmit’s thoughts on first becoming an Eagle.

He remembers meeting his current partner Jean around the same time and she put everything in perspective.

“My wife and I were just getting to know each other.

When I told her what I did, she was so unimpressed and I found that really attractive.

“She said, ‘I heard you’re joining the Eagles, are you sure about that?’ because she didn’t like them very much.

“But she’s very encouraging of my whole solo thing. She knows it’s part of my happiness. We’ve known each other a long time and we’re best friends.”

So I'm guessing (and it really is just a guess) it was shortly after joining the Eagles that he and his first wife separated, and that he started seeing Jean around the same time.

shunlvswx
12-15-2017, 11:10 AM
I just notice that Bob's guest DJ show is coming up, but I didn't see a date or time. It just popped up on my screen, but they went straight into Good Day in Hell. It was probably an error because they would had the date and time for the special, but I think it is coming up very soon. I will post the date and time once I hear it.

Don't forgot Timothy's guest DJ show repeats today at 12:00pm Eastern/11:00am Central and JD's guest DJ show debuts tonight at 7:00pm Eastern/6:00pm Central.

shunlvswx
12-15-2017, 04:16 PM
I wanted to change that his first wife and daughter were on vacation when he got the call not when Timothy went to JD's house and JD told him the news.

New Kid In Town
12-15-2017, 09:03 PM
Shun and Delilah and Everyone Else - Thanks so much for all your updates. :-)

As I have said before, I don't get Sirius so it is nice to hear at least a little of what's going on and being played/talked about. I would have loved to hear JD and also would love to hear Bob.

shunlvswx
12-15-2017, 09:39 PM
Here are JD played. I'm going to try to remember the stories because I really didn't write it down and usually forget. He did talk about Don and Glenn a lot. Overall it was a great show. He mostly played the songs he wrote with Don, Glenn, his solo songs and song he sung backup on.

1. New Kid In Town
2. Polly - Dillard & Clark
3. You Never Cry Like a Lover
4. Little Girl Blue - Nina Simone
5. Victim Of Love
6. Black Rose - JD (Don and Glenn singing backup)
7. Heartache Tonight - A nice story about the song and he and Glenn listen to Sam Cooke and how he did a lot of shuffles with his songs and wanted to do a shuffle like song. Of course brought up Bob about helping out on the chorus.
8. Rider in the Rain - Randy Newman (Wikipedia said the Eagles sang back up, but I thought I remembered him saying him and Glenn. I do hear Don in there).
9. IF Dirt Were Dollars - Don and JD were writing this song as they were listening to Ronald Reagan's State of the Union address.
10. Don't Know What I'm Gonna Do - JD
11. Best of My Love - I think he said Glenn called him and asked him if he could come London ASAP to help with them with Best of My Love because they are stuck. JD flew to London the next day. He also told the story about hearing the edited version on radio. And also the story of the DJ in Wisconsin playing the song before it came out.

Freypower
12-15-2017, 09:49 PM
Here are JD played. I'm going to try to remember the stories because I really didn't write it down and usually forget. He did talk about Don and Glenn a lot. Overall it was a great show. He mostly played the songs he wrote with Don, Glenn, his solo songs and song he sung backup on.

1. New Kid In Town
2. Polly - Dillard & Clark
3. You Never Cry Like a Lover
4. Little Girl Blue - Nina Simone
5. Victim Of Love
6. Black Rose - JD (Don and Glenn singing backup)
7. Heartache Tonight - A nice story about the song and he and Glenn listen to Sam Cooke and how he did a lot of shuffles with his songs and wanted to do a shuffle like song. Of course brought up Bob about helping out on the chorus.
8. Rider in the Rain - Randy Newman (Wikipedia said the Eagles sang back up, but I thought I remembered him saying him and Glenn. I do hear Don in there).
9. IF Dirt Were Dollars - Don and JD were writing this song as they were listening to Ronald Reagan's State of the Union address.
10. Don't Know What I'm Gonna Do - JD
11. Best of My Love - I think he said Glenn called him and asked him if he could come London ASAP to help with them with Best of My Love because they are stuck. JD flew to London the next day. He also told the story about hearing the edited version on radio. And also the story of the DJ in Wisconsin playing the song before it came out.

Rider In The Rain, one of my great favourites, does indeed feature Souther, Frey & Henley, but it's Frey you hear above all just as on Baltimore from the same album, and Short People from the same album (Little Criminals).

Delilah
12-16-2017, 03:07 AM
I missed J.D.’s first guest DJ segment but I managed to listen to the repeat. Shun already gave most of it so I will just add a few details while it’s fairly fresh in my mind.

J.D. starts off by saying he will be playing his favorite Eagles songs plus some others. He says he was fired from being a college DJ for playing too much John Coltrane. He promised not to do that this time.

1. New Kid in Town -“magnificently put together.” He had the chorus for about a year. There were a couple of Cuban players in his band at the time and the chorus became more Cuban over time (this is a bit confusing to me b/c this song never struck me as having a “Cuban” flavor but more Southwesten/Border town feel). At some point Don and Glenn called him, they sat around a picnic table and threw down some pieces of music they all had. He showed them the chorus and about 8 months later the song was finished. It’s one of his favorite Glenn vocals with a beautiful arrangement and beautifully sung.

2. Polly by Dillard & Clark- “beautiful waltz” When he was in a duo with Glenn, they performed this on stage. When JD’s friend Bucky Baxter asked if there are any songs his musician son should listen to for inspiration, JD suggested this one. He and Glenn had listened to this one frequently for a couple of months.

3. Cry Like a Lover This was what JD called it, more than once. Maybe this was the original title and he forgot or was never told there was a change, lol. He says he started it and had 2 verses, nothing else. He played it for Joni Mitchell. There was a certain line, “see the sky through the stone and wood” that JD felt was clumsy and awkward. But it was Joni’s favorite line so it stayed. The harmony and other parts came later; he assumed all done by Don and Glenn. He didn’t seem to remember if he had helped with those parts too. He commented about how it starts as a simple song then has this build-up towards the end.

4. Little Girl Blue written by Richard Rogers and Lawrence Hart- “beautiful ballad” As a classical pianist, Nina Simone starts with a familiar melody we all recognize as “Good King Wenceslas” and ends up with a beautiful combination of 2 compositions.

5. Victim of Love - his association with this song started a little late. It was based on a Don Felder guitar riff -“a really good one by the way”- it was finished at the Criteria Studios lounge upstairs while Bill S. was downstairs overdubbing guitar parts. Later they realized the song was a few lyrics short (fwiw, I recall reading that Don F had written about 1/4 of the lyrics) and they could hear Don F and Joe working on their guitar solos downstairs. Basically the song came together in a rush.

Delilah
12-16-2017, 04:11 AM
J.D.’s Guest DJ stint cont....

6. Black Rose - from the album of the same name. They called themselves “Gentlemen Boys” which is listed on the credits for backing vocals. In addition to Don, Glenn and himself, this included Ned Doheny. There’s a lot of harmony in the song. He’s been told it sounds like an Eagles record (he doesn’t mention it but Joe plays guitar on the album).

7. Heartache Tonight- as Shun said this came about after he and Glenn had been listening to Sam Cooke albums all afternoon. It started out with no instruments, just he and Glenn walking around the pool, snapping their fingers. When they got stuck, they called Don H for help and the song got better. They were trying to write singles for the LR album. But they didn’t have a chorus for it until Glenn called Bob Seger on the phone. Bob listened and then came in on the downbeat with his part. Glenn roughly went over it with JD who agreed to having a 4th songwriter. JD didn’t hear it again until the song was completed much later (this is interesting b/c didn’t Glenn say that Bob was present when he came up with the chorus part, that Bob went outside by the pool and belted it out?).:headscratch:

8. Rider in the Rain - He says this was their (his, Don’s and Glenn’s) best harmony singing up to that point. The bridge is meant to be sarcastic while RN sings in his usual wry manner. He and Glenn sing the 2-part bridge.

9. If Dirt Were Dollars- written under curious circumstances; he was at Don H’s house in Aspen. They wrote 3 songs including Heart of the Matter. IDWD addresses the disparity between the rich and the poor. He calls it a “heck of a Blues song” and calls DH “one of the great white blues singer ever.”

10. Don’t Know What I’m Going to Do - It keeps changing keys; when he wrote it he thought it would be a good song for the Eagles but they weren’t together at that time and they were all working on their solo careers. So he recorded it himself. It modulates up a step.

JD closes by saying “it’s been a pleasure being with you guys, playing my favorite Eagles songs and a few others” then plays a song he says was a very important one for the band and him.

11.Best of My Love - he says this was their 1st gold record for Don, Glenn and him(are you sure JD cuz I had always heard TITTL was the 1st gold record). He says this started while he and Glenn were in L.A. messing with a guitar tuning. He’s not going to share it b/c he promised not to tell anyone. But when he hears someone covering this in a bar or somewhere, he wants to tell the dudes “listen, drop the blank string another blank step” (I guess he doesn’t know Henley’s been spilling the beans at every concert). Anyway, he didn’t have much input at the beginning except for the guitar tuning. Later he’s at Peter Asher’s house when he gets the call from Don to go to London and help out with the bridge. He goes to London and has a wild night of drinking with Billy Connelly. He helps the guys out and returns to L.A. He didn’t hear the final product until the album was released. Don and Glenn wanted to release the song as a single but the record company didn’t b/c it was too slow, there were no drums, and had a steel guitar. Instead the record company worked another single which was mid-charting. Then he continues with the familiar story of the DJ in Minneapolis playing the song which led to more requests, etc. Although Asylum/Electra finally and hastily produced an edited 45 version (which the guys had nothing to do with), the radio stations continued to play the album version. This is one of his favorite vocals by one of his favorite vocalists.

chaim
12-16-2017, 08:17 AM
Thanks, Delilah. I've always wondered which parts J.D. already had of New Kid In Town before he took it to Don and Glenn.

Everyone has always said that Victim Of Love was all live in terms of instruments. This is the first time I hear about guitar overdubs. :headscratch:

New Kid In Town
12-16-2017, 09:20 AM
Delilah and Shun - Your recap of JD DJing was awesome ! Thank You so much I really appreciate it !:-):applause::thumbsup:

chaim
12-16-2017, 09:22 AM
Why on earth was the BOML tuning supposed to be a secret, by the way? :headscratch:

New Kid In Town
12-16-2017, 09:33 AM
Why on earth was the BOML tuning supposed to be a secret, by the way? :headscratch:

Chaim - I know right ! Like it's some state secret or something ! :lol:

NightMistBlue
12-16-2017, 01:15 PM
Thank you, Miss Shun. It would be interesting to know which of the VOL lyrics Don F. wrote. I wonder if the central concept/story was his, but it's so characteristic of Henley, IMO, that strong judgmental tone towards women.

shunlvswx
12-16-2017, 01:28 PM
Just heard right now on Sirius that Bob's guest DJ show is this Monday 6:00pm Eastern/5:00pm Central. I figured it was coming up real soon since they were showing Bob Seger- Guest DJ icon a lot yesterday even though they didn't say when.

That means Jack's show is probably going to be debut either next week or the following week.

New Kid In Town
12-16-2017, 02:43 PM
Just heard right now on Sirius that Bob's guest DJ show is this Monday 6:00pm Eastern/5:00pm Central. I figured it was coming up real soon since they were showing Bob Seger- Guest DJ icon a lot yesterday even though they didn't say when.

That means Jack's show is probably going to be debut either next week or the following week.

Thanks Shun !

The Disco Strangler
12-17-2017, 12:03 PM
I finally discovered this channel on Thursday when I was cleaning and Christmas decorating. It's about time. Loving it! :applause::applause::applause::applause:

shunlvswx
12-18-2017, 12:04 PM
Don't forget that Bob's guest DJ show debuts tonight at 6:00pm Eastern/5:00 Central. I'm just about to full into the drive when it comes on. So I will have it on before I get out of the car.

East Texas Girl
12-18-2017, 06:58 PM
[QUOTE=Delilah;368340]J.D.’s Guest DJ stint cont....

7. Heartache Tonight- as Shun said this came about after he and Glenn had been listening to Sam Cooke albums all afternoon. It started out with no instruments, just he and Glenn walking around the pool, snapping their fingers. When they got stuck, they called Don H for help and the song got better. They were trying to write singles for the LR album. But they didn’t have a chorus for it until Glenn called Bob Seger on the phone. Bob listened and then came in on the downbeat with his part. Glenn roughly went over it with JD who agreed to having a 4th songwriter. JD didn’t hear it again until the song was completed much later (this is interesting b/c didn’t Glenn say that Bob was present when he came up with the chorus part, that Bob went outside by the pool and belted it out?).:headscratch:

I immediately thought the same thing, Delilah. :hmm:

shunlvswx
12-18-2017, 08:48 PM
It was a great show. Great sections by Bob. Bob was on for an hour and a half. I might have miss a few songs since I was driving home, but I think I got of them.

I didn't get to write all of the stories on each song. I'm not good at it. I hope someone remembered some of them.

1. How long
2. Waiting in the weeds
3. No more cloudy days
4. Guilty of the crime - Bob loves this song. Guilty of which one. There's a lot of them he said or something like that. LOL
5. Try and love again - he said Randy harmonizing with himself on this song and Glenn playing lead.
6. The last resort
7. Take it easy -
8. Get over it
9. Love will keep us alive - His wife loves this song.
10. Ol 55 - Did I miss something. Randy had a little part in this song? I always thought it was just Don and Glenn singing lead. He also said it was from the Desperado album.
11. Learn to be still
12. Seven bridges road
13. Those shoes
14. Saturday Night- when he and his wife heard this in concert, she said they were her favorite band of all time.
15. Hotel California- Bob tells the story of the Eagles not going to the Grammys. Andy Williams calls out their names. He looks around and saw they weren't there. Bob calls Glenn and said "how could you do that to Andy Williams?" Bob said Glenn had people at his house and repeated what Bob with his great sense of humor.
16. The Sad Café- Bob is the third person to pick this song. Vince and Timothy also picked this song.

Delilah
12-19-2017, 01:10 AM
Ok, I managed to catch most of Bob’s segment. I missed the beginning; I heard Waiting in the Weeds and then No More Cloudy Days. I was thinking Bob had not even started yet then I heard him say “it’s hard to pick these songs” and that he’s known these guys for a very long time. He proceeds to pick a song by each band member singing lead (except Don F).

Guilty of the Crime- Bob laughs “what are you guilty of, Joe?”

Try and Love Again- he comments on Randy’s “wonderful voice” and “fantastic vocal.” He can hear Glenn’s lead guitar which is unusual b/c they had Joe and Felder to play lead guitar. Also unusual, he points out, is that Randy sings harmony with himself.

Bob notes how the song runs into The Last Resort, which he calls “fantastic.” He considers these 2 songs the “strongest album closing” he’s ever heard. He used to play them both together a lot.

Take It Easy - Bob met Glenn in ‘66 which is the same year they recorded ‘Ramblin Gamblin Man’; however they held onto it until ‘68 when he signed with Capitol Records. When he first heard TIE on the radio he thought ‘how wonderful, Glenn made it!’ This is a song that always sounds new. It has great harmonies and he praises Bernie’s guitar harmonics. Deacon sings it now and Bob comments how he joined the band on stage this past summer. He compliments Deacon’s performance. He also mentions Vince Gill, “another good friend of mine.”

Probably Bob’s most notable statement: “It’s great to see the Eagles continue on.”

Get Over It- going to the Eagles’ later period, this is the most ferocious Eagles song, guitar playing is at their peak, “Henley’s singing the s**t out of it.”

Love Will Keep Us Alive - his wife loves this “lovely” song

Ol 55- Bob says he really loves this song b/c both Glenn and Don sing on it and so does Randy. “The harmonies are amazing on it—they always are.”

Learn to Be Still- going back to HFO for this one, Bob says they played better in their later period and progressed. A great Henley lyric.

Seven Bridges Road- (here Bob has some of his facts mixed up) They started doing this before they were even signed. It’s an old folk song. You can hear for the first time ever how brilliantly they harmonize. He then credits Bernie, Randy, Glenn and Don with the singing (at this point I thought maybe he was going to play some bootleg version but no, it was definitely the song from the Live album).

Those Shoes- “I gotta tell this story” he starts off. The first time he heard it was at Glenn’s house. They were working on the Long Run album and were under tremendous pressure to follow up HC. Felder had a hand in this song along with Henley and Glenn. About six months later he read a blurb in Rolling Stone about the new album. The guys were asked what it was about. The answer: “Shoes.” Bob cracked up about this when he read it.

Saturday Night - from the Desperado album—he likes jumping back and forth. It doesn’t matter because the songs are so great. The production is wonderful. The singing is “other-worldly.” The interesting thing is that all 4 of them wrote the song. About 6 months before Glenn died, he saw the Eagles at the Joe Louis Arena in Detroit perform this song. He hadn’t heard it in years. That’s when his wife made the comment that this was her favorite band of all time. Bernie was back there playing mandolin.

YoungEaglesFan
12-19-2017, 01:34 AM
Thanks Shun and Delilah for the review. I like what bob picked. It’s funny how he got some of the facts wrong (as seems to happen whenever someone talks about the band). I like he picked The underrated songs. I love that his wife said they are her favorite band.

Delilah
12-19-2017, 01:37 AM
Bob’s DJ segment cont...

Hotel California- Bob remembers when this was nominated for “single of the year.” He told Glenn they were going to win this. Glenn asked “why?” Bob told him “flawless vocals, state of the art guitars, brilliant lyric, great harmonies. brilliant track.” Being the Eagles and being obstinate, Bob said, they didn’t go. Then Bob continues as Shun describes. Bob could hear everyone laughing in the background when Glenn repeats what Bob said (they were all watching the Grammys). Bob said Glenn had the greatest sense of humor.

Sad Cafe- He’s going to wrap it up with Don Henley. The guys started out playing at the Troubadour, backed up Linda Ronstadt. The song has fabulous harmonies, Glenn is on the electric piano at the beginning.

Overall I thought Bob did a nice job. I missed what he said at the beginning but it seemed he wanted to play a song by each member singing lead although he skipped Bernie and Don F. However he did mention them a few times. It was different from JD’s approach, where the focus was on songs by Don H, Glenn and himself and the others were never mentioned, except Don F. However, JD provided some nice anecdotes about the songwriting, which I really appreciate.

New Kid In Town
12-19-2017, 01:55 AM
Delilah and Shun - Thanks you so much for the recap. I really appreciate you took the time to take notes. Interesting about RGM being recorded in 1966 when he met Glenn. Glenn would only have been 17 then. The Grammy story is funny. You can just imagine poor Andy Williams standing there looking around for the Eagles to bounce on stage to accept the award. I like to see that Bob loves Ol 55 - I have always loved that song too.
Thanks again !

Delilah
12-19-2017, 01:59 AM
You’re welcome, everyone who has expressed thanks. I appreciate that someone is reading it b/c I know I can get long-winded and a little OCD on the details.

7. Heartache Tonight- But they didn’t have a chorus for it until Glenn called Bob Seger on the phone. Bob listened and then came in on the downbeat with his part. Glenn roughly went over it with JD who agreed to having a 4th songwriter. JD didn’t hear it again until the song was completed much later (this is interesting b/c didn’t Glenn say that Bob was present when he came up with the chorus part, that Bob went outside by the pool and belted it out?).:headscratch:

I immediately thought the same thing, Delilah. :hmm:

I guess after so many years later, it’s easy to get things mixed up. Of course the stuff they were indulging in at the time probably didn’t help. :angel:

Funk 50
12-19-2017, 08:15 AM
I've started looking forward to all the, generously posted, daily updates and really enjoy reading the, in-depth, track lists, introductions and general banter inbetween. Thank you so much, shunlvswx, Delilah and everybody else who has contributed. :thumbsup:

Are Sirius Radio lining up any more guest DJs?

My My
12-19-2017, 08:19 AM
Thanks, Delilah and Shun for all of the posts. I have been catching up on reading them and truly appreciate your efforts! I'm sure after 40 plus years, everyone remembers details about events a little differently.

shunlvswx
12-19-2017, 08:45 AM
I've started looking forward to all the, generously posted, daily updates and really enjoy reading the, in-depth, track lists, introductions and general banter inbetween. Thank you so much, shunlvswx, Delilah and everybody else who has contributed. :thumbsup:

Are Sirius Radio lining up any more guest DJs?

Jack's show is next. I don't know when it will debut, but it should in the next week or so. Jack, Bob, and Timothy were the latest of the guys to do a guest DJ show taping. Bob and Timothy said it in an interview and Jack said it on his facebook page.

I think that's it in their circle who had guest DJ show. Everybody has done a show. Jackson is the only one who hasn't done one that's in their circle and Deacon hasn't done one either, but I don't doubt he's doing one. I don't think anybody else is doing one.

shunlvswx
12-19-2017, 11:30 AM
They finally played a song from Timothy's current album. Its about time. lol

buffyfan145
12-19-2017, 11:55 AM
Thanks again Shun and Delilah for all the updates!!! :D That's great so many have been doing the guest DJ segments.

NightMistBlue
12-19-2017, 01:09 PM
Let me also say thanks very much to Shun and Delilah. I like Bob Seger even more now because he showed such Randy appreciation :yay:

groupie2686
12-19-2017, 04:06 PM
Thank you all for the updates...I don't get Sirius so this has been great. Does anyone know if Jackson Browne or Linda Ronstadt are going to be part of this? They're both important to eagles history...(I know Linda can't sing anymore, but I don't know the exact state of her health and if she'd be up to this).

shunlvswx
12-20-2017, 05:36 PM
I don't know if I heard it correctly, but it sounds like Joe has a brand new guest DJ show today at 5:00pm Eastern/4:00pm Central. It could be the old one, but I will see once he starts talking about the first song.

shunlvswx
12-20-2017, 07:09 PM
It is a new guest DJ show for Joe.

Magnolia
12-20-2017, 11:26 PM
I want to add my thanks to Shun and Delilah as well for the updates. I don't get Sirius so it's nice to read on here what's happening with the channel.

shunlvswx
12-22-2017, 08:27 PM
I just heard that Don has a new Guest DJ show tomorrow at 6:00pm eastern/5:00pm Central.

NightMistBlue
12-22-2017, 09:17 PM
Good! I'm renting a car that has Sirius. I got to hear Joe's guest DJ spot. I like "Funky New Year"; I wonder if someone (sounds like Glenn) saying "Party, baby" near the end was a Rick James reference. Rick said that on the album version of "You and I".

shunlvswx
12-23-2017, 05:55 PM
Correction! Don's show is at 5:00pm Eastern/4:00pm Central. I think its new.

shunlvswx
12-23-2017, 06:33 PM
Nevermind. Its an old show.

abgymaz
12-25-2017, 10:49 AM
New to this board. I am certain I heard Two Hangmen by Mason Proffit on the channel (only because if I am listening to any radio, it is SXM Hotel California The Eagles Channel). What I don't know is if it was part of one of the guest DJ's playlist...does anyone know?

shunlvswx
12-25-2017, 01:26 PM
New to this board. I am certain I heard Two Hangmen by Mason Proffit on the channel (only because if I am listening to any radio, it is SXM Hotel California The Eagles Channel). What I don't know is if it was part of one of the guest DJ's playlist...does anyone know?

It was part of the Eagles influences. I comes up every once in a while 😂z

shunlvswx
12-26-2017, 08:36 PM
I just heard a few minutes ago on Sirius(followed by another play of In The City :evil:), Jack's guest DJ show debuts tomorrow at 6:00pm Eastern/5:00pm Central.

shunlvswx
12-27-2017, 08:21 PM
Here are the songs that Jack picked for his guest DJ show. I will try to remember the stories behind the songs, but I know its going to be completely wrong.

1. Peaceful Easy Feeling

2. You Belong To The City - Glenn told Jack he was going to start wearing suits when he fly(he called them spy clothes) because you never know who you're going bumped into. Well Glenn bumped into Michael Mann on the plane and he asked Glenn to write a song for his show where in an episode one of the guys were going to back to NY. That show was of course Miami Vice.

3. Already Gone with Chris Hillman - I didn't hear the story behind this song. The volume on my phone wasn't playing and when I finally got it to work, the song was about to end. His version was Chris Hillman was kinda country/bluegrass/bluesy kind of version. I really didn't like there. He also sang an extra verse I've never heard of.

4. The Girl From Yesterday - Let's write a country song. He had an idea for a song about a girl he used to know. The girl from yesterday. Jack warned us that the song end up a sad song. Did they get back together at the end? LOL

5. The One You Love - Glenn called Jack to see if they wanted to write songs together. So Jack comes over, enter the room and sees 100 candles burning and a couple of bottles of expensive red wine. Jack asked Glenn what was going on. Glenn said he was getting in the mood to write songs or Jack said something about songwriting something, but I couldn't hear what he said. Jack said he doesn't drink wine. Glenn said that's ok. He was hoping a muse (female muse that is) will come down and help them write a song or something like that. I can picture Jack coming in the room and seeing candles burning. This was their first song he and Glenn wrote together.

6. Somebody - This song was actually was going to be use in a pilot. The song was about a guy getting even with someone. Somebody watching you. Before he turn the song in, he let Glenn listen to it. Then Glenn had Don listen to and they both liked it. Glenn told Jack to hold on to the song. 6 years later, the song ended up on the Long Road Out Of Eden album. I always loved this song. Great harmonizing with Don and Timothy. Glenn's attitude song. LOL

7. Smuggler's Blues - Glenn had the rights to be a book called Snow Blind that's about cocaine trade. Glenn wanted to make a movie out of that book. Well the song he and Jack wrote together end up being used in an episode of Miami Vice where Glenn played a smuggler.

8. Its Your World - Glenn wrote beautiful lines to the song. The song is about passing the world along to your children. It has another meaning to it now with Glenn gone.

NightMistBlue
12-28-2017, 11:11 AM
That's cool about Glenn setting the mood for the muse to come down. Thanks, Shun!

I notice that the station ID pointedly refers to the Eagles channel as a "limited engagement" or words to that effect. As if to say "don't get too used to this, people." :)

shunlvswx
12-28-2017, 11:17 AM
I'm really hoping it becomes permanent. You never know what will happen when the clock strikes midnight on January 3rd. I really hate to go back to listening to Pandora and IHeart full time. I was enjoying hearing Eagles songs a lot compare to hearing 3 or 4 times an hour if you're lucky.

I know a lot of people on Facebook did a petition to keep the channel. I wrote Sirius myself.

shunlvswx
12-29-2017, 10:30 AM
They are playing Through Your Hands from the Michael soundtrack. This is the first time hearing this song on SiriusXM. I always hear it on IHeart Radio.

shunlvswx
01-01-2018, 01:56 PM
I just heard that Sirius is extended the channel until the end of this month. Yehaw!! They heard us and now i hope they make it permanent.

shunlvswx
01-01-2018, 03:06 PM
A new guest DJ show with Joe and Bill tomorrow at 5:00pm Eastern/4:00pm Central.

They will talk about the making of the Eagles records.

buffyfan145
01-01-2018, 05:36 PM
That's great they extended it!!! :D

maryc2130
01-01-2018, 09:37 PM
That's awesome that they extended it and looking forward to Joe and Bill's show. Thanks, Shun!

shunlvswx
01-02-2018, 02:04 PM
Joe did a show last night called the Big Bad Bob show. Joe had his voice disoriented. Toward the end, he played some of his songs (solo and James Gang) and I liked No Peace in the Jungle. This show caught me off guard since it wasn't advertise to come on. I just knew about his show with Bill that premiering this afternoon.

My My
01-02-2018, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the heads up on Joe and Bill's show, Shun!

New Kid In Town
01-02-2018, 07:19 PM
Thannks for the updates everyone !

The Disco Strangler
01-02-2018, 07:36 PM
Listening to Joe right now. He's playing Disco Strangler! :band:

Dawn
01-02-2018, 08:06 PM
A new guest DJ show with Joe and Bill tomorrow at 5:00pm Eastern/4:00pm Central.

They will talk about the making of the Eagles records.

That should be very interesting, I hope someone will post a recap I don't subscribe. Thanks Shun!

shunlvswx
01-02-2018, 10:56 PM
Here's a recap from the show. I'm kinda paraphrasing and I might have missed some parts, but this is what I remembered as I was trying to write it down.

Bill told the story about being asked to be their producer. He, Irving, Tommy Nixon and the guys went to Chuck's Steak House to try to convince Bill to be their producer. Bill really didn't want to be their producer because of their background (country rock). Glenn and even Joe said they really wanted to rock. He finally agreed.

Already gone: His first song he recorded with the Eagles. Glenn felt free with this song.

Best of my love: This song and You Never Cry Like a Lover they kept. Bill remix the song so it can be like the other songs. The Eagles had already recorded ten songs but only kept two(I wonder where those other 8 songs at). Funny story. Bill went to England and called up Glyn to see if he would like to listen to the album. He said yes. Bill went over to his house, had dinner with him and then listen to the album. Bill asked how was it? Glyn said it sucks. Yikes.

On the border: He said why not make it a r&b song. The Temptations style. A call and response song. Everybody did a line in the bridge. Bill said this was his favorite track on the album.

One of these nights. Rock took over. Felder had just join. Joe brought up what part he has from this song. Joe gets Bernie's part. I think they said Bernie came up with the beginning part, but I thought that was a bass line.

Journey of the sorcerer - Bernie was heading out the door and wanted to try to put some of Bernie's songs on the album. Bernie brought in this instrumental and also My Man. Glenn and Don almost shot this down saying we don't do instrumental. (OK. So what is Doolin Dalton instrumental, Wasted Time reprise, I Dream There Was No War. I guess they changed their minds on that) Bill thought it felt like a Finili(SP?) in Florida vibe. Jim Ed Norman wrote the music for the strings. This song was use in a British show called The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Lyin eyes- Joe called this song epic. Bill tells the famous story.

Take It To the Limit: Melvin and the Blue Notes R&B kinda vibe.

After the Thrill Is Gone: Joe asked did Bill had a hand in this. He said no. Don and Glenn brought it to him. He joked about Don and Glenn probably didn't know he producer The Thrill is Gone.

Joe joins the band and Bill asked him back then, "Are you sure you want to do this." A lot of head scratching, but it worked. Joe was around when they were writing for the One of These Nights album.

Try and Love Again: Bill asked how many songs they had ready. Joe said goose egg. Bill said one. Try and Love Again. Nothing else was done at that moment.

Hotel California: Highlight favorite moment was him sitting in the studio, Felder and Joe put down the leads for Hotel California. It took 2 days.

The Eagles wanted to do a double album for The Long Run. How many songs they have. None. Fleetwood Mac was also doing a double album. So it was competition. They had 17 tracks stack up and only used 4 songs that had lyrics.

The Disco Strangler: This is Bill's favorite track from the album.

Teenage Jail: Glenn tried to played sax on this song. They used synthesizer instead.

Random Victims part 3: Soul Pole series. They used that one and Bill also clean that one. I guess it was much dirty than what we hear.

Freypower
01-02-2018, 11:02 PM
[quote=shunlvswx;369435
After the Thrill Is Gone: Joe asked did Bill had a hand in this. He said no. Don and Glenn brought it to him. He joked about Don and Glenn probably didn't know he producer The Thrill is Gone.

[/quote]

I'm sorry, but I find that impossible to believe. I always assumed that the title was a direct reference to Bill having produced The Thrill Is Gone.

I will be interested to see Soda's reaction to him stating that TDS is his 'favourite track' from that album.