PDA

View Full Version : Four more years of Eagles

Annoying Twit
11-20-2017, 07:24 PM
This was posted in the Eagles 3.0 thread. But, if we're leaving that thread for the people who are against Eagles continuing, then it's difficult to reply there. So, I start a new thread.

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but this is in today's NY Daily News

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/glenn-frey-son-deacon-joins-eagles-new-tour-sources-article-1.3646375

If Eagles will be continuing another four years, that's a major announcement. Clearly Deacon is now firmly in the band.

They mention a multi-year world tour to mark their 50th year. That seems like a lot of touring at their ages. But, if they want to do it, why not?

buffyfan145
11-20-2017, 09:10 PM
If that's true that is a bit surprising. But other older artists are still touring like Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, and The Rolling Stones just to name a few so I guess as long as the guys are still able for their 50th they could.

BillBailey1976
11-21-2017, 10:59 AM
If that's the plan, I would say they will end it at 50. One last big hurrah!! That may have very well been the plan before Glenn died, and now they feel like they can carry it out, given the ability of Deacon to do it.

Annoying Twit
11-21-2017, 11:11 AM
I'm not sure that they had such a plan. Certainly Don had been saying about finishing up some time before Glenn died. However, I think it's like what Paul McCartney says. That it's difficult to retire as if artists sit around for a year, they want to pick up a guitar again.

In my opinion not even Eagles know how long they'll keep going for.

BillBailey1976
11-21-2017, 11:19 AM
I'm not sure that they had such a plan. Certainly Don had been saying about finishing up some time before Glenn died. However, I think it's like what Paul McCartney says. That it's difficult to retire as if artists sit around for a year, they want to pick up a guitar again.

In my opinion not even Eagles know how long they'll keep going for.

I was mainly drawing that conclusion from Glenn telling Bernie "its not over".
I just thought that may have been what his goal was. Make it 50 yrs. Not many bands can say that.

You may very well be right though. They may only now, that it seems in reach, be thinking toward 50.

Annoying Twit
11-21-2017, 01:01 PM
I was mainly drawing that conclusion from Glenn telling Bernie "its not over".
I just thought that may have been what his goal was. Make it 50 yrs. Not many bands can say that.

You may very well be right though. They may only now, that it seems in reach, be thinking toward 50.

I can't find the source now, but I read a comment by Don that he felt that a tour, perhaps HOTE, was going to be their last. Clearly, he changed his mind on that.

I'm not saying that the 50 years thing wasn't a definite goal. It's just that from what I read, I don't think that Eagles are planning things that far ahead. They're just making it up as they go along. Which isn't unreasonable. But, that's just my feeling from what I've read, not anything objective and/or reliable.

Delilah
11-21-2017, 01:10 PM
That’s pretty ambitious if that is indeed the case. I find it dubious when an article cites “a source.” Having a set goal like getting to 50 years is probably good for them.

If true then it would seem some new material would be in order.

BTW, 12 new dates for next year have been announced.

Annoying Twit
11-21-2017, 02:21 PM
Some new material, as in a new album?

It's something that they could do if they wanted to, but I'm not sure if they want to or not.

YoungEaglesFan
11-21-2017, 02:47 PM
That’s pretty ambitious if that is indeed the case. I find it dubious when an article cites “a source.” Having a set goal like getting to 50 years is probably good for them.

If true then it would seem some new material would be in order.

BTW, 12 new dates for next year have been announced.

I agree. I’m not so sure we should trust the source

Delilah
11-21-2017, 02:53 PM
Some new material, as in a new album?

It's something that they could do if they wanted to, but I'm not sure if they want to or not.

It doesn’t have to be a full album...maybe a 4-track EP or even just a single. Songwriting is something they all do...though I don’t know about Deacon. After awhile, the bug may bite them to create something...or not.

Annoying Twit
11-21-2017, 11:31 PM
An EP, as Fleetwood Mac did some years ago, is possible. However, I'm not making any predictions as to what they will or will not do. I was wrong about the reformation of the band; I didn't believe it would happen. (This doesn't mean that I don't think they should have.) So, I'm reluctant to make assumptions about what Eagles will or will not do in the future.

MaryCalifornia
11-21-2017, 11:59 PM
The president of the United States will be 74 in his final year, and I'm sure his daily/monthly/yearly schedule is much more rigorous than the Eagles' schedule. (not even going to start a discussion about him.) Based on the reviews of their recent shows, seems like they're good for a few more years, if they pace themselves and make the effort to take care of their health and voices. Mick and Keith are 74 and 73.

Magnolia
11-23-2017, 01:40 AM
I see them doing things one year at a time. For example, planning a tour for a year and seeing how that goes before making more plans to tour. Taking things slow and not rushing into any long-term commitments.