PDA

View Full Version : How's the weather?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

GlennLover
04-09-2010, 03:47 PM
Uh oh, get me my blinders! :hilarious:
LOL, you two. No naked dancing in New Brunswick. Cold & damp here with periodic downpours :-(.

Troubadour
04-10-2010, 05:38 PM
Warm and sunny again here today. (Unfortunately I was working...)

Koala
04-11-2010, 01:59 AM
Cold and sunny, yesterday. Today it is warmer but rain!

Wildthyme
04-14-2010, 05:40 PM
We are having a thunderstorm right now complete with pea sized hail (something I always hate to see in the spring or summer). I heard/saw the hail but I hadn't even realized there was thunder and lightening until my dog RJ practically vaulted herself into my lap. She hates thunder, fireworks, or anything that sounds like a gunshot -- they turn all 75 lbs of her into a trembling mama's girl until its over. :lol:

Koala
04-20-2010, 10:43 AM
This morning it had snowing and we had only 30!:brickwall:

EagleLady
04-23-2010, 05:55 PM
Expecting Severe Storms tonight and tomorrow :nervous:

Stars
04-25-2010, 10:53 AM
We had rain all night, and it's still looking gloomy. It's hubby's favorite kind of weather, as it reminds him of bonnie Scotland!:smile:

Troubadour
05-14-2010, 05:02 PM
It is STORMY here in Oklahoma. Cold and wet. The windows were rattling like mad last night!

MikeA
05-14-2010, 06:07 PM
You must be shoving them on up my way Lou. Forecast is a chance in the evening tonight but "likely" after midnight.

Everything is relative. I'd welcome them tonight if that meant that we were NOT going to get them tomorrow. No such luck. 60% chance tomorrow here in Wichita.

It irritates me because I got a new GOLF GPS unit that gives me exact yardages on the Golf Course and if I can't play, I can't get out and USE IT!!!!!!

Sort of like getting a new guitar but not having an amp to play it through!

AzEaglesFan
05-17-2010, 01:46 AM
HOT, it almost hit 100 today. We have been having wind too. Last week they had to shut down the highway up at Winslow again. Suppose to be under 90 tomorrow but we will see.

Koala
05-17-2010, 02:35 AM
Here it's just cold and wet, only 46!http://www.smilies.4-user.de/include/Wetter/smilie_wet_025.gif

Prettymaid
05-17-2010, 09:41 AM
Uhg, rain, rain go away! This weekend was the third in a row for cold, damp weather! And it's still raining! :brickwall:

Wildthyme
05-19-2010, 03:51 AM
Cold and wet here. I was trying to walk the dog in it and the wind kept turning my umbrella inside out so we only got about half a walk in before I gave up and went home. Its supposed to get even colder Wednesday and Thursday. Which reminds me that I need to go bring my tomato starts inside before I go to bed... can't believe I am still doing that and its almost the end of May!

Koala
05-19-2010, 12:36 PM
Today was the first really warm day this year we had 77°F.:)

Freypower
06-02-2010, 07:42 PM
I thought I would post this because this is VERY rare here. We don't get twisters (NB Northern NSW is a long way from me in Sydney).

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/06/03/2916814.htm?section=justin

Koala
06-03-2010, 01:46 AM
WOW! When I look at these pictures I'm really glad to live in an area in which there are no tornadoes, Blizzards, Flooding or similar gives!

Brooke
06-03-2010, 09:16 AM
Wow, strange weather! I'm glad you are far from it Fp.

Koala
06-07-2010, 12:58 AM
The last few days were hot and sunny! Today it's muggy and it rains.

AzEaglesFan
06-07-2010, 01:17 AM
HOT, it hit 100 today. We waited until 10:00 PM to go for our walk and it was still 90 degrees.

tequila girl
06-27-2010, 05:23 PM
BRITONS ENJOY HOTTEST DAY OF THE YEAR

The weekend heatwave culminated in the hottest day of the year with temperatures hitting the 30C (86F) mark. Skip related content (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20100627/tuk-britons-enjoy-hottest-day-of-year-6323e80.html#ynw-article-part2)
Forecasters said the south-east of England would remain warmer than average for the rest of the week while showers and cooler weather were on the way for the rest of the UK.
The mercury reached a high of 30.9C (87.6F) at Gravesend in Kent, making it the hottest day of the year.
London and the south-east of England saw the warmest weather, on a par with Mediterranean holiday resorts.
St James's Park in central London reached 30.1C (86.2F) and Heathrow Airport had a high of 30.6C (87.1F).
Sunshine dominated across the UK but a westerly wind kept temperatures down to 19C or 20C in western parts of England and Wales while Scotland and Northern Ireland (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/fc/northern-ireland.html) experienced showers, forecasters said.
Before today, the hottest day of the year was May 24 when the temperature reached 28.8C (84F) at Heathrow Airport and the Olympic Park in east London.
The sweltering conditions prompted bookmakers to cut the odds of a record-breaking summer as thousands flocked to beaches or soaked up the rays with barbecues and parties in the garden to watch the World Cup.
Music fans enjoyed the "hottest ever" Glastonbury festival (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/fc/glastonbury-festival.html) - ditching their wellies for the first time in years.
Weather forecaster Gareth Harvey, from MeteoGroup, the weather division of the Press Association, said temperatures would drop slightly after Sunday with rain predicted. He said: "It looks as though it's going to stay very warm into next week, especially across the south-eastern quarter of the UK."

Looks like we have Summer at last!! :hilarious:

Wildthyme
06-27-2010, 06:32 PM
Its hot and sunny here. About 95 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. Summer has FINALLY arrived! :yay:

Troubadour
06-27-2010, 07:33 PM
As TG posted, it's been beautiful in the UK today! Very warm indeed.

Koala
06-28-2010, 01:15 AM
Now, finally, here it is also warm!:partytime: Saturday it was still cold 61°F, yesterday we had 77°F! And today it should become really hot 95°F! And it should remain warm!http://www.smilies.4-user.de/include/Wetter/smilie_wet_013.gif

Prettymaid
06-28-2010, 08:31 AM
Yesterday, just after leaving TBF's, we ran into a huge downpour. With visibility being almost nil and cars pulling off on both sides of the road with their blinkers on, we crept along until the first exit we came to and pulled into a parking lot while the worst of it passed. It wasn't very long until we were back on the raod again but geesh - it was hairy there for awhile! The rest of the trip was clear and sunny. As I told Willie, hubby said, "I don't know what they've done up there to tick off the weather gods but they better knock it off!" :hilarious:

TimothyBFan
06-28-2010, 08:47 AM
I just mentioned this in What's Happening PM! Only I remember him saying "p*ssed off". :hilarious: I think they've forgiven us--it's gorgeous this morning and suppose to stay that way the whole week!

Prettymaid
06-28-2010, 09:45 AM
I just mentioned this in What's Happening PM! Only I remember him saying "p*ssed off". :hilarious: I think they've forgiven us--it's gorgeous this morning and suppose to stay that way the whole week!

He did say pi*ssed off but I was trying to clean it up for the board. :blush: :wink:

Hope you're right and you have a nice week!

Brooke
07-14-2010, 04:50 PM
The Heat is On! 93 F here and 61% humidity making it feel like 109 F! http://bestsmileys.com/hot/3.gif

TimothyBFan
07-15-2010, 07:49 AM
Seems very wide spread. Actual temp here hit 99 F and suppose to be another scorcher today! I feel so sorry for my hubby. He's been coming home just exhausted after working in this stuff all day.

Prettymaid
07-15-2010, 08:15 AM
Me too. I feel sorry for anyone who has to work out in this heat. Glad Hubby roofed the garage last week.

MikeA
07-15-2010, 08:35 AM
It got so bad in Wichita (98* with 110 heat index) that I didn't even play golf! I sat in the shade for a while watching Verna push mow the back yard and then get on the rider to mow the rest of the yard. Of course, she was off the mower and in the pool pretty often. Hey...BACK OFF! It was HER idea! <feeling a little guilty....but also feeling a little bit ALIVE!>

Brooke
07-15-2010, 09:54 AM
Seems very wide spread. Actual temp here hit 99 F and suppose to be another scorcher today! I feel so sorry for my hubby. He's been coming home just exhausted after working in this stuff all day.

I know! My hubby worked 11 hours yesterday, outside, on a highway bridge! Just so happened the longest work day of the year so far turned out to be the hottest also. Poor thing! He said he will be so glad to retire from that this fall!

AzEaglesFan
07-15-2010, 02:48 PM
It was 102 here yesterday. Had an afternoon shower and it cooled down to about 86 but the humidity made the house damp. We have coolers not air conditioners. Bobby has been working on our yard and motorhome and has sweated off about 10 pounds.

TimothyBFan
07-16-2010, 07:56 AM
It got so bad in Wichita (98* with 110 heat index) that I didn't even play golf! I sat in the shade for a while watching Verna push mow the back yard and then get on the rider to mow the rest of the yard. Of course, she was off the mower and in the pool pretty often. Hey...BACK OFF! It was HER idea! <feeling a little guilty....but also feeling a little bit ALIVE!>

I'm ashamed of you!!! :fingerwag:

Ive always been a dreamer
07-16-2010, 11:00 AM
Oh but, Willie - I'm sure Mike was just looking out for Verna's best interest. I mean, after all, he wouldn't want to get in the way of a woman on a mission, now would he??? :nope: :hand:

Brooke
07-21-2010, 01:29 PM
It's still very hot and muggy here. Now we're in the flood zone! I got 5 inches of rain Sunday night along with the worst thunder and lightening I've heard in a long time. My sister lives about 20 miles west and they got over 8 inches. At least we don't actually live near a river, but those that do are finding water in yards and basements. I cross a small creek to come to work and water went over the bridge during the night that night (which is unusual) and also washed across the road in another low area.

And it's raining and rumbling again right now! http://bestsmileys.com/weather/3.gif

Prettymaid
07-21-2010, 05:34 PM
This has been some summer. Either it's raining or it's too hot to go outside. :ack:

Koala
07-22-2010, 01:38 AM
We have good weather since weeks, the temperatures are always about 90!http://www.smilies.4-user.de/include/Wetter/smilie_wet_091.gif If it rains already then mostly at night! I spend most time of the day on the beach in the water, that is only removed 10min from me!http://www.smilies.4-user.de/include/Wasser_Strand/smilie_water_117.gif

tequila girl
07-22-2010, 07:12 PM
We had a couple of real heavy downpours in the last few days with lots of localised flooding!

Prettymaid
07-22-2010, 07:15 PM
If you walk outside it feels like someone has thrown a hot, wet blanket over you. And tomorrow's supposed to be even worse!

EagleLady
07-22-2010, 07:36 PM
Hot Hot Hot

EagleLady
07-30-2010, 01:39 PM
Under a heat advisory through sunday. The Heat is On

Prettymaid
07-30-2010, 05:32 PM
It's very comfortable today. We might even be able to sit out on the deck tonight!

Koala
07-31-2010, 02:06 AM
How's the weather? One word COLD! Only 57 at the moment!And it should also not become warmer!

Troubadour
07-31-2010, 07:37 PM
It's still quite mild here, but it's not as muggy as it has been recently, which is a bit of a relief. It was drizzly earlier, but it's cleared up now.

Brooke
08-11-2010, 02:31 PM
Yesterday we had our hottest day of the year: 96 F which felt like 116 with the humidity factor.

Last night about 8 pm I was out watering my flowers and our dogs and it felt like being in a sauna. http://bestsmileys.com/hot/3.gif

MikeA
08-12-2010, 04:38 PM
It has been hot in Kansas

TimothyBFan
08-13-2010, 08:16 AM
Mike :hilarious:

I know what you mean--I don't know how many days this summer have been well over 90 degrees but this is the 6th one in a row again.

When will it let up? And 6 months from now I will be complaining about the 652 feet of snow we have on the ground!! Just can't satisfy some people! :brickwall:

MikeA
08-13-2010, 08:55 AM
Today's high is 105*. It's been about like that for the past week. Gets rather toasty in the afternoons! Our swimming pool gets up to around 91or 92*. Sure eats up the chlorine and algaecide!

MikeA
08-13-2010, 05:37 PM
They MISSED on the forecast for today. It is 4:36pm CDT here in Wichita and it is 108* with a heat index of 112*. That is exceptional even for us!

Storms are hitting around 75 miles north of us. I hope we get some tonight!

Brooke
08-13-2010, 09:51 PM
Wow, that's awful! We had a high of 97 with a heat index o 110 and I thought that was bad enough. I was mowing the yard and the "front" went through and dropped the temp by 20 degrees! The storms stayed north of us, so I got my yard finished. More storms later though. And it's supposed to be much cooler all next week. :yay: for the 80's!

Brooke
08-25-2010, 01:30 PM
Ahhhhhhh, a little touch fall is in the air today and tomorrow! Highs 78 and lows in the 50s! Love it! :yay:

Prettymaid
08-25-2010, 01:48 PM
This summer has been such a disappointment for me. All winter long I looked forward to summer so that we could enjoy the new deck or eat on the screened porch. Haven't got to do that - not with the humidity. I'm not much into winter, so I really need the summers to be nice! I'm glad that the temp is a little lower and so is the humidity, but summer's almost over now. :ack:

Brooke
08-25-2010, 01:59 PM
We sit out on our deck and listen to music every Friday and Saturday night regardless. We have an outdoor ceiling fan in the area with a roof and before that we took out a box fan! Helps a lot and we are too stubborn to let the heat keep us inside. We have missed a couple evenings due to storms, but that's it. We just love it too much.

Prettymaid
08-25-2010, 02:00 PM
You're a better woman than I am Brooke!

TimothyBFan
08-25-2010, 02:12 PM
We sit out on our deck and listen to music every Friday and Saturday night regardless. We have an outdoor ceiling fan in the area with a roof and before that we took out a box fan! Helps a lot and we are too stubborn to let the heat keep us inside. We have missed a couple evenings due to storms, but that's it. We just love it too much.

Have I told you that I love you?!? :thumbsup: You are my kind of girl!! We are the same way. It takes a lot (and lately it's been those wicked mosquitoes!) to drive us indoors.

Brooke
08-25-2010, 02:14 PM
You know, the mosquitoes never bother us and we live out in the country! Go figure! :shrug:

Troubadour
08-26-2010, 02:37 PM
It's chilly, grey, dark and wet here. It has been for a few days. It really feels like summer's completely finished, and winter's on the way already!

Koala
08-27-2010, 12:51 AM
It's chilly, grey, dark and wet here. It has been for a few days. It really feels like summer's completely finished, and winter's on the way already!
We have the same weather here! http://www.smilies.4-user.de/include/Wetter/smilie_wet_001.gif

Stars
08-27-2010, 08:52 AM
It's chilly here, too, but the sun is shining. I also feel like summer is completely finished and winter is on the way, Lou! I will miss those lazy summer days, but NOT that heat we experienced!!:nope:

MikeA
09-16-2010, 08:16 AM
We dodged the bullet last night! Hail larger than softballs (reported to be as large as a baby's head!) hit West Wichita last night (we live on the East Side). Western and Southern Wichita streets were flooded. South of Wichita, funnels touched down around Mulvane and Windfield.

In Winfield,there is a Walnut Valley Bluegrass Festival going on. It gets hammered it seems, EVERY year by storms. They got rain and some wind but missed the hail and the tornado at the Festival site.

Where I live, we had winds over 60mph (straight line) and about an inch of needed rain, but no Damage! We kept hearing about the hail on the West side that was coming our way and were cringing! What with the new roof we put on last year after that hail storm and the swimming pool liner....well, we're just a little paranoid!

Brooke
09-16-2010, 09:59 AM
Mike, I was watching the weather channel last night and they were showing a couple hailstones from somewhere in Kansas, one the size of a softball and one the size of a tennis ball! Man, those things could do serious damage!

We were supposed to have heavy rain and gusty winds between 8 and 12 last night. My car was dusty so I left it outside instead of putting it in the garage hoping it would get washed off. Nope, the rain completely missed us! Some went north and the rest went south. Now its a mess from the heavy dew on the dust! Our weathermen don't have a clue. :rolleyes:

MikeA
09-16-2010, 01:39 PM
Right Brooke....those pics on the Weather Channel were undoubtedly from the Wichita area last night.

Here's a link to one that shows the size of some of the hail stones:

http://kake.mycapture.com/mycapture/photos/FImage.aspx?ImageID=980839&EventID=821749&CategoryID=46169&CollectionID=0&Sort=

You can browse the 2,000 or so pictures of the storm here:

http://kake.mycapture.com/mycapture/photos/Album.aspx?EventID=821749&CategoryID=46169

Some are absolutely amazing! The wall cloud, the back end of the storm. The supercell showing up. Such a contrast!

MikeA
09-16-2010, 07:26 PM
Just one more picture. My daughter's boss sent this one. He lives on a golf course and took this one, hopefully right after the storm. I don't think that dog would be our sniffing around if he'd been in the storm!

Golfers would love this one though...sure have a lot more chance of getting a "hole in ONE".

Koala
09-17-2010, 01:49 AM
WOW, what a weather! Amazing pics!

Here it is stormy, cold and it rains since 2 days, only from time to time the sun appears very briefly!
http://www.smilies.4-user.de/include/Wetter/smilie_wet_087.gif

Brooke
09-17-2010, 10:08 AM
Amazing pics, Mike! Love that last one! :lol:

09-17-2010, 10:30 PM
Those pics of that storm are amazing. One time I remember we got hail about the size of golf balls and I thought I was gonna freak then. I can't imagine what it must have been like to see objects that big falling from the sky!

eaglesvet
10-26-2010, 07:32 AM
I'm in Topeka, Kansas for a few days for a veterinary conference, and I just heard about a "Monster Storm" that will be affecting 28 million of you that live in the Midwest. I actually think it will be north of Kansas for the most part, except for maybe some of the winds. Good luck to my friends who will be undergoing some real turmoil today and tomorrow!

BTW, it's my first time ever in Missouri (airport) and Kansas, so 2 more states knocked off my list!

TimothyBFan
10-26-2010, 08:15 AM
You aren't kidding EV---It's getting pretty nasty here. They've already closed some of the area schools in anticipation of what's to start happening in the next couple hours. It just feels "weird" outside. It was already 71 degrees out when I got up at 5 this morning and the winds are scary. We'll see if the weather forecasters were right this time.

Stay safe everyone!!!

Brooke
10-26-2010, 10:02 AM
Welcome to Missouri Ev! Typical weather around here. Warm and nice one day and tornadoes and rain the next!

We had hard rain last night and high winds, but no damages other than stuff blown around in the yard. I think the northern states got the worst of it.

Prettymaid
10-26-2010, 10:21 AM
Winds knocked the power out here this morning for about 45 minutes. Seems to have calmed down for now. :fear:

sodascouts
10-26-2010, 12:34 PM
It was bad here in Memphis, too. The winds were howling all night and the rain beat against my windows... the power went out several times.... not comforting! Hopefully no hurricanes head this way!

And to those further north - again, stay safe!

MikeA
11-04-2010, 02:05 PM
It's WAY too early for this crap isn't it?

Alert Message has been issued by the City of Andover.

Thursday November 4, 2010 12:57 PM CDT

A Freeze warning issued for Butler County from 3am to 9am Friday morning. Lower 20's to lower 30's expected.

jdubfan
11-04-2010, 02:31 PM
I just got sleeted on coming home from dealing with the ijits at the unemployment office.....grrrr....and they're got the 4 letter "s" word for supposedly for tonight. I know it's Nov, but I'm just not prepared for lake effect already.:worried:

Midnight_Flyer
11-04-2010, 02:59 PM
today it's been rainy and wet :(

Koala
11-05-2010, 01:56 AM
Since days it is cool, grey, stormy and wet!
In addition, we had at night already the first ground frost. It becomes a time for my winter tyres!

TimothyBFan
11-05-2010, 07:47 AM
Heeeeeelp!!! There's white stuff falling from the sky this morning!!!!:-(

Midnight_Flyer
11-05-2010, 08:26 AM
it's cloudy here today

EaglesFanatic
11-05-2010, 08:34 AM
Heeeeeelp!!! There's white stuff falling from the sky this morning!!!!:-(
I'm so jealous! It's supposed to be 75 degrees this weekend :thumbsdown: Come on, all I'm asking for is just a little snow! :pray:

TimothyBFan
11-05-2010, 08:57 AM
I'm so jealous! It's supposed to be 75 degrees this weekend :thumbsdown: Come on, all I'm asking for is just a little snow! :pray:

About January when we've had 100 inches (I'm not joking either), I'll gladly ship you some!!

TimothyBFan
11-05-2010, 09:17 AM
My backyard 10 minutes ago....

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Firstsnow11-10.jpg

Prettymaid
11-05-2010, 09:25 AM

EF, you're from Colorado aren't you? Don't you get a lot of snow there?

Prettymaid
11-05-2010, 09:28 AM

I feel your pain! I don't even want to think about the stuff! :ack:

Brooke
11-05-2010, 09:28 AM
Willie! Wow! Snow already?!

We had our coldest fall night so far at 28 F. Brrrrrr.

Midnight_Flyer
11-05-2010, 11:01 AM
i want some sun :D

jdubfan
11-05-2010, 11:13 AM

Isn't the 1st always kind of pretty tho?!?
I can say that because it didn't come over my way heh heh heh....yet.

TimothyBFan
11-05-2010, 11:56 AM
Isn't the 1st always kind of pretty tho?!?
I can say that because it didn't come over my way heh heh heh....yet.

I just heard it's suppose to shift East this afternoon Deb! Hahahaha

Midnight_Flyer
11-05-2010, 01:51 PM
been raining here again tonight :(

EaglesFanatic
11-05-2010, 05:14 PM
EF, you're from Colorado aren't you? Don't you get a lot of snow there?
We usually do, and it usually starts snowing somewhere around October. I'll always remember one year when we had so much snow that we didn't have school for over a week! The snow was literally up to my shoulders!

sodascouts
11-05-2010, 07:31 PM
Getting brisk in Memphis but I know it'll be nothing like those Indiana winters I had to endure for eight years!

Although snow is pretty..... I think I'll kind of miss it.

jdubfan
11-05-2010, 10:37 PM
I just heard it's suppose to shift East this afternoon Deb! Hahahaha

It tried its darndest to accumulate after snowing hard all afternoon, but the ground's just too warm, so I sent it back over your way :thumbsup: You're welcome! :nahnah:

'sposed to be almost 70 by Monday anyway...that's Nov in IN for ya :brickwall:

Midnight_Flyer
11-06-2010, 11:13 AM
cloudy and quite cold

11-06-2010, 02:27 PM
OMG Willie - Even though it's a very pretty picture of your yard, I am so not ready to be seeing snow yet!!!

TimothyBFan
11-08-2010, 10:02 AM
It tried its darndest to accumulate after snowing hard all afternoon, but the ground's just too warm, so I sent it back over your way :thumbsup: You're welcome! :nahnah:

'sposed to be almost 70 by Monday anyway...that's Nov in IN for ya :brickwall:

Boy, did you ever!!! At one point, according to the weathermen, we were getting 10 inches an hour. Of course it all wasn't sticking but enough of it did.

My poor daughter has never driven in snow before in her life and has actually had her license only since July tho she took driver's ed 2 years ago. When she left for work Friday afternoon, it had stopped. 3 hours later it started in with a vengeance. White out conditions and wet lake effect snow coming down in buckets. We called her and told her we would come get her but she refused saying she had to do it sooner or later. Well, as a mother I would have much rather she did it in a little less severe conditions. The trip that usually takes 35 minutes, took her over an hour, white knuckled all the way. She said her body actually hurt from the tension. But she did it! Of course, there is now 2 paths indented into the floor where her father & I paced the whole hour she was on the road!

Today's expected high.....69 degrees and we still have snow on the ground from Friday! Go figure!! Only in Northern Indiana indeed!

sodascouts
11-08-2010, 10:53 AM
Wow, brave Katie! I had been driving for over a decade when I moved to Indiana, but I was (and still am) terrified to drive in severe snow.

Prettymaid
11-08-2010, 11:13 AM
Yeah, not only do you have to worry about your own driving, but all of the nuts out there too! :fear:

Brooke
11-08-2010, 04:29 PM
At least if your terrified to drive in snow, Soda, then you surely drive slowly!

It amazes me the people that continue to drive too fast on slick roads and even pass! It's almost funny when you then come along a couple minutes later and they are off in the ditch. Of course hopefully, no one gets hurt, but slow down people!

TBF, I'm glad your daughter made it ok and I know the feeling!

Midnight_Flyer
11-11-2010, 02:47 PM
it was pouring with rain here today

tequila girl
11-11-2010, 02:50 PM
and here....gale force winds and torrential rain :-(

Midnight_Flyer
11-11-2010, 04:34 PM
:( it was sunny this afternoon though hehe

Brooke
11-11-2010, 05:54 PM
70's all week and dry all fall. Now that deer hunting season is here and our son is coming home tonight for a few days for it, it has turned rainy and cool. :rolleyes:

Prettymaid
11-11-2010, 06:02 PM
Well Brooke, what you get today I get tomorrow. Too bad, it was sunny, warm and in the 70's today.

Midnight_Flyer
11-11-2010, 06:45 PM
it's really windy here right now

Glennsallnighter
11-11-2010, 07:06 PM
Same here. The wind is howling around and its cold as well. Intermittent heavy rain too. Think I'll emigrate to Hawaii

Midnight_Flyer
11-11-2010, 09:05 PM
Think I'll emigrate to Hawaii

wait for me!!!!! hehe

Koala
11-12-2010, 02:37 AM
Hawaii sounds good to me too, I come with you!

Here it is also cold, wet and windy!

TimothyBFan
11-12-2010, 08:52 AM
A week ago today I posted that pic of my backyard and it snowed all day and night--at a rate of 10 inches an hour. Luckily the warm ground kept it all from sticking but we did end up with several inches.

Today, a week later..... HIGH OF 70 degrees!!! Only in Northern Indiana!!

Midnight_Flyer
11-13-2010, 08:13 AM
it's a bit cloudy but sunny here

Koala
11-14-2010, 03:52 AM
We have heavy fog and it's very cold, bbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

EaglesFanatic
11-15-2010, 01:37 PM
It is FINALLY snowing! It's so beautiful, I love it. This has always been my favorite time of year :nod: I can hardly believe the holidays are just around the corner.

TimothyBFan
11-15-2010, 01:47 PM
It is FINALLY snowing! It's so beautiful, I love it. This has always been my favorite time of year :nod: I can hardly believe the holidays are just around the corner.

Go wash your mouth out with soap young lady!!!! http://bestsmileys.com/nono/2.gif

Eve
11-22-2010, 05:47 PM

We have snow now as well! About three inches and more to come. It will be freezing overnight to make for a nice 4:30 am commute. I love driving in the snow. I don't have too much trouble, my vehicle loves the snow. It especially loves a deserted parking lot. :D

jdubfan
11-22-2010, 07:45 PM
I'm in the very north part of Indiana, it's 65 and thunderstorming! we have a tornado watch 'til 2 am.....Happy Thanksgiving :) This is our first real rain since jUNE

Koala
11-23-2010, 02:51 AM
Eve , nice pic!

For today is the first snow this fall / winter announced!

Brooke
11-23-2010, 10:49 AM
Beautiful picture, Eve. Where do you live?

After hitting 75 F (record) yesterday, a front went though with rain and wind. This morning it was 26 F when I got up! Brrrrr!

Prettymaid
11-23-2010, 12:31 PM
Beautiful picture, Eve. Where do you live?

After hitting 75 F (record) yesterday, a front went though with rain and wind. This morning it was 26 F when I got up! Brrrrr!

Now Brooke, I'm trying really hard to not hold you personally responsible for the weather, but when you tell me what I'm going to get hours before I get it, it's hard not to!

Now get back my 60 degree weather! :hilarious:

TimothyBFan
11-23-2010, 12:39 PM
Now Brooke, I'm trying really hard to not hold you personally responsible for the weather, but when you tell me what I'm going to get hours before I get it, it's hard not to!

And I could say the same of you PM!!

It was 69 here this time yesterday and now 34! Yuck!!

Prettymaid
11-23-2010, 12:51 PM
I was home all day yesterday and had the sliding door leading to the screen porch open! It was very balmy. This morning I thought I'd try the same thing. Brrrr-r-r-r! :weep:

EagleLady
11-23-2010, 01:16 PM
It's Sunny and 79 here. * ducks snowballs* :hilarious:

Brooke
11-23-2010, 02:10 PM

:lol: Sorry Pm! I want it back, too!

Eve
11-23-2010, 06:12 PM
Eve , nice pic!

For today is the first snow this fall / winter announced!

I live near Seattle. It was an awesome drive this morning in the snow! Now it's clear and very cold. I was surprised at how bad the main streets still are, but it's fun to watch the idiots drive like there is no snow or ice on the road. Then to see them slide and their tires spin...

Prettymaid
11-23-2010, 06:20 PM
http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20101123/US.Western.Weather/

Doesn't sound fun to me!

tequila girl
11-23-2010, 06:25 PM
http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20101123/US.Western.Weather/

Doesn't sound fun to me!

No, it certainly doesn't!

tequila girl
11-24-2010, 11:44 AM
I've just had my first little bit of snow :) but I don't think it'll settle - it's been raining for most of the day so it's too wet! :-(

MikeA
11-24-2010, 12:22 PM
Wichita is NUTS with weather! Sunday, I played golf under clear skies and 70* temp! Today it is 60* and cloudy. Tomorrow (Thanksgiving) it will be a high of 36* and a low of 16*.

Go Figure!

sodascouts
11-24-2010, 01:21 PM
It is 83 degrees in Houston! That's messed up!

HLIVEAGLES
11-24-2010, 03:28 PM
I'm sitting here in Houston also and ready for the cool front to come in tomorrow.

sodascouts
11-24-2010, 03:41 PM
Well hey, fellow Houstonian! I've moved away but my family still lives here.

AzEaglesFan
11-25-2010, 01:04 AM
Cloudy and cold for us. I think it did get up to about 60 this afternoon. Suppose to warm up again next week BUT we will see how that goes. Our son lives in Texas so he is enjoying good weather at least.

Koala
11-25-2010, 02:52 AM
Here it is cold, only 27!
The announced snow has not come, only a few snowflakes.

AzEaglesFan
11-25-2010, 09:50 PM
Turned colder here so I put away my summer clothes. I don't think it got over 50 here. The wind is fairly calm for a change. I had to bundle up when I walked the dog and my hands about froze. No more walking the dog after dark for awhile I guess. Bobby covered all his plants, they say it is going to freeze tonight. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

WalshFan88
11-27-2010, 12:05 AM
It's cold here. I don't sleep well when it's at extreme opposites of temperature. Just like Baby Bear's porridge, it has to be juuuuust right. :hilarious:

Can't wait for Christmas and then for warmer temperatures! :)

Eve
11-27-2010, 12:16 AM
It's cold here. I don't sleep well when it's at extreme opposites of temperature. Just like Baby Bear's porridge, it has to be juuuuust right. :hilarious:

Can't wait for Christmas and then for warmer temperatures! :)

LOL! Baby Bear's porridge, cute.
It's raining, the snow is melting. :(

WalshFan88
11-27-2010, 12:29 AM
LOL! Baby Bear's porridge, cute.
It's raining, the snow is melting. :(

Haha that was the only thing I could say that would describe it and the first thing that came to mind! :hilarious:

Koala
11-27-2010, 03:06 AM
Cold! And now we have also the first snow but only a little!

Brooke
11-30-2010, 02:49 PM
It's cold here today (30 F) and it's been snowing for a couple hours! Our first of the season, but it's not accumulating because the ground is too warm.

Troubadour
11-30-2010, 10:12 PM
We've had our first snow shower today. It was very wet so it didn't really seem to settle, but when I came out of work this evening the pavements were quite slippery in patches. Ugh. I love the LOOK of snow, but dislike the effect on the roads in a country that is never adequately prepared for it!

Koala
12-01-2010, 02:17 AM
Overnight is about 10 cm (among 4 inches)of snow fell but in the course of the day it should be snowing even more.

Stars
12-01-2010, 08:27 AM
Wet, windy and wild day out there today-wish I could just curl up with a good book, but no rest for the weary!:sigh:

Prettymaid
12-01-2010, 08:45 AM
Be safe Stars. I hear ya though. On cold days like this I'd like to stay home in my comfy clothes curled up on the couch with a blanket over me and a crackling fire reading a good book or watching a good movie with my cats curled up next to me - oh, and with a cup of hot chocolate! There - have I included all the comforts?:hilarious:

Koala
12-01-2010, 08:52 AM
It is very stormy!Today my way to the work has lasted 3 times more long as usual,because the streets were icily and full snow, at some places in the street edge the snow was higher than 1.50 m ( 5 foot I think!)the wind has piled it up there!And tonight there should remain further stormily and be snowing again.

Troubadour
12-01-2010, 09:13 PM
It's snowing - the first "proper" snow we've had. Before tonight, it's just been sleet. Now everything looks soft and white and pretty. Thank goodness I have the day off tomorrow and I don't have to be anywhere!

Koala
12-02-2010, 02:11 AM
It's still stormy and it is just beginning to snow again.
The most streets are very bad to drive on and so the schools are closed and I have a extra day off!

Troubadour
12-02-2010, 07:52 AM
Enjoy your snow day, Koala!

Koala
12-02-2010, 10:07 AM
Thanks Troub, if the weather stays as bad until tomorrow,I have another day off!

Eve
12-03-2010, 10:37 PM
It was clear and cold here today. I really should have washed my car, but that usually takes a couple of hours. So I made peanut butter, caramel, chocolate covered pretzels. That took three hours. At least I got to lick the bowl. :nahnah:

AzEaglesFan
12-05-2010, 02:19 AM
It has warmed up here so I didn't have to wear a coat when I walked the dog. Cloudy but no wind. :p This weather, for however long it lasts, I can handle. The heat makes me feel bad and the cold makes my joints hurt. This is why I live in Arizona.

Koala
12-05-2010, 03:45 AM
Still cold, it is still snowing slightly but In runs of the day the snow should go over in rain!

Koala
12-06-2010, 03:28 AM
Yesterday it has started to rain and overnight it has froze again, so that the roads are icy and today the schools are closed and therefore I still have another day off!

tequila girl
12-06-2010, 05:52 AM
No snow for a few days....but the River's frozen again this morning!

TimothyBFan
12-06-2010, 09:11 AM
Well they don't call my little town the "snow capital of Indiana" for nothing! http://bestsmileys.com/winter/6.gif Which leads to a whole lot of this...http://bestsmileys.com/winter/9.gif and this... http://bestsmileys.com/winter/8.gif but I can assure you we are not smiling like this dopey smiley is!

tequila girl
12-06-2010, 10:17 AM
Well they don't call my little town the "snow capital of Indiana" for nothing! http://bestsmileys.com/winter/6.gif Which leads to a whole lot of this...http://bestsmileys.com/winter/9.gif and this... http://bestsmileys.com/winter/8.gif but I can assure you we are not smiling like this dopey smiley is!

95 inches of snow a year...WOW!!!! :shock::thud::stunned:

TimothyBFan
12-06-2010, 01:09 PM
TG--you must be doing your research! That is what they say our average snowfall is in a typical winter here, thanks to Lake Michigan. It's coming down pretty hard and heavy right now. Big beautiful flakes. Even tho I work from home, I hate it because everyone else is out on the road a lot. Hubby works 45 miles away and has been making that drive for 15 years now and now that the daughter is working so far away (right ON the lake), I really have sleepless nights. YUCK!

tequila girl
12-06-2010, 06:07 PM
Willie, i'm just watching the news on tv and today parts of England had 32cm of snow and the Country has come to a standstill!! people were stuck in cars for 9 hours doing what should have been a 10 minute journey! :eyebrow:

TimothyBFan
12-07-2010, 09:14 AM
:hilarious: It always cracks me up when I hear things like that because that's a good day here.

And it's STILL coming down, in buckets!!! School's on a 2 hour delay (so far) today. If it keeps this up, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets called off today. Is winter over yet? YUCK!

jdubfan
12-07-2010, 10:14 AM
I hear ya TBF, only got about 12" of Mr. Lake Effect here....that doesn't sound right...they didn't delay kids here. I'm not missing my 30 mile drive to my previous employer right now. I've got ~300 ft of driveway before I even get to my road.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5285/5240643345_be3e375e33.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5201/5240641911_42be436c79.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5208/5241236210_fdce1ebc6f.jpg

Tess is gonna watch the deer instead of chase 'em today.

tequila girl
12-07-2010, 10:45 AM
Wow....Beautiful pictures Deb! :thumbsup:

TimothyBFan
12-07-2010, 10:51 AM
I just braved the great outdoors to measure the progress and we have gotten about a foot since last night. I know this because this picture of the patio table, I wiped it off last night while we were outside playing with the dogs in the snow and I just stuck the yardstick into it and it's about a foot. It's still coming down really HEAVY all morning!

These are all from out my back door toward the garage. The yard always looks so UGLY buried in snow. Just a few weeks ago, we had a fire going in the fireplace behind the table and had the vinyl spinning on a Saturday night.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/12-7-2010.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/12-7-20103.jpg

My poor gargoyle's about to be swallowed up! I think the only reason he's not is because the dogs step outside the back door and go to the first thing they see to "do their business" and it's him. Poor gargoyle. :hilarious:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/12-7-20102.jpg

tequila girl
12-07-2010, 11:13 AM
Aww That's great Willie - I love snow photo's! :thumbsup:

I've got a gargoyle just like that!

Koala
12-07-2010, 11:18 AM
Great pics TBF and jdubfan!:thumbsup:

I've got a gargoyle just like that!
Me too!

Brooke
12-08-2010, 01:25 PM
These are all from out my back door toward the garage. The yard always looks so UGLY buried in snow.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/12-7-2010.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/12-7-20103.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/12-7-20102.jpg

Now Willie, how can snow covered yards be UGLY? These are beautiful! Much prettier than brown and gray. Jmo! :lol:

AzEaglesFan
12-09-2010, 01:02 AM
OK, if you people with snow want to throw a snow ball at me that's ok with me. We had to go to the "valley" today and we had to run the air conditioner in our car. Suppose to stay this way for awhile. NOW this is why we stand the 110 degrees in the summer.

TimothyBFan
12-09-2010, 10:47 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/winter/10.gif

Now if you would return a cactus and some sunshine to me, I'd appreciate it! :)

jdubfan
12-09-2010, 05:59 PM
And I'd go for needing some artificial air conditioning...or being able to use my outdoor furniture....

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5123/5240644387_4fd92c8e29.jpg

Glennsallnighter
12-09-2010, 07:37 PM
Awwww Willie! And JDF!! I love pics of back gardens in the snow. Yours are brilliant! I don't even let my kids play there as I want to keep it looking fresh!

Here it is!

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/Winter%20scenes%202010/IMG_2964.jpg

Prettymaid
12-10-2010, 08:52 AM
Ah, somebody's been playing there, GA. I see a snowman!

Great pics everyone!

Brooke
12-10-2010, 11:03 AM
Ga, lovely pic! I know what you mean. The undisturbed snow is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with us. You all have really been hit with it!

12-11-2010, 01:32 PM
All those snow pictures are so pretty. I like some snow, but 5 or 6 inches of it is about my limit. I like the kind that melts after 2 or 3 days. :wink: That's what we usually get in central Virginia.

Prettymaid
12-11-2010, 06:13 PM
It's beautiful to look at from indoors, but I have to admit that the older I get, the less I like going out in it. :ack:

It's been raining here all day, but we're supposed to get snow tonight/tomorrow.

MikeA
12-11-2010, 06:47 PM
Wind Chills to -6^ tonight (10^-15^f with winds gusting to 40mph). Right now it is 31^ and falling with those gusts. Miserable.

Troubadour
12-11-2010, 09:48 PM
Warmer today. Dry, but overcast. Most of the snow and ice has cleared, which is a relief. As others have said - it's pretty to look at, but a pain in the arse for travelling!

Brooke
12-12-2010, 02:22 PM
Yikes! 15 F here right now and winds at 26 with gusts to 40 mph! A dusting of snow over a bit of ice making the roads hazardous. Our church actually canceled today and they rarely do that! :yay:

I know up north it's awful! Thankfully, we missed that! I love snow as long as I'm inside looking out and don't have to get out!

But it's http://www.anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/freezing.gif

Midnight_Flyer
12-14-2010, 09:50 AM
it's cold and cloudy today

Koala
12-14-2010, 12:37 PM
Sunny but very cold and stormy today!http://www.smilies.4-user.de/include/Wetter/blizzard_3.gif

TimothyBFan
12-14-2010, 01:47 PM
FREE SNOW!! HELPYOURSELF!

Hate to sound like a broken record but we've been dumped on again with about a foot and a half since Sunday evening and it's still coming down but not as bad as yesterday. My little town made the news again last night and they said even tho we are the "snow capital of Indiana" it seems as if we are the "snow capital of the world" these last couple of days. :hilarious: 2nd day of no school and they still haven't lifted the state of emergency in this area which includes 3 counties.

Just another winter day here for us!

Here's some pictures from one of the local tv channels from the last couple of days.

This is only about 5 minutes from where my daughter works.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/37-4961730-195759-933665.jpg

There is a car on the right side of this picture. This is only a couple miles away from my house out in the country.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/37-4961730-580645-575310.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/37-4961730-391820-929210.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/37-4961730-893340-122407.jpg

Brooke
12-14-2010, 02:41 PM
Wow, Willie! I did see something on the news last night about your town and the snow and I thought of you! Poor thing.

I'll bet Soda is missing all that now that she's in Memphis! Not! :lol:

Midnight_Flyer
12-14-2010, 03:28 PM
FREE SNOW!! HELPYOURSELF!

Hate to sound like a broken record but we've been dumped on again with about a foot and a half since Sunday evening and it's still coming down but not as bad as yesterday. My little town made the news again last night and they said even tho we are the "snow capital of Indiana" it seems as if we are the "snow capital of the world" these last couple of days. :hilarious: 2nd day of no school and they still haven't lifted the state of emergency in this area which includes 3 counties.

Just another winter day here for us!

Here's some pictures from one of the local tv channels from the last couple of days.

This is only about 5 minutes from where my daughter works.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/37-4961730-195759-933665.jpg

There is a car on the right side of this picture. This is only a couple miles away from my house out in the country.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/37-4961730-580645-575310.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/37-4961730-391820-929210.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/37-4961730-893340-122407.jpg

:jawdrop:

Prettymaid
12-14-2010, 03:46 PM
Wow Willie, those pictures are really something! You can see how high the snow is by the cars!

Our church actually canceled today and they rarely do that! :yay:

And Brooke, :fingerwag: I don't know wjhat to make of your 'yay' smiley that you posted with your church closing post... :hilarious:

tequila girl
12-14-2010, 04:05 PM
Fabulous pictures Willie.....Do you absolutely HATE IT...or just accept it??

I have to admit i'd like to experience living somewhere like that - but probably only for a week or so :hilarious: :hilarious:

whitcap
12-14-2010, 04:13 PM
Its 55 and sunny here :)

Its supposed to get into the 70s later this week 8)

Brooke
12-14-2010, 05:43 PM
And Brooke, :fingerwag: I don't know wjhat to make of your 'yay' smiley that you posted with your church closing post... :hilarious:

Well, it was so terrible outside that I didn't really want to get out in it, but I was getting ready to go. I was happy that I didn't have to after all! lol

Koala
12-15-2010, 02:25 AM
Wow, Willie, amazing photos!

Tomorrow here it should be also snowing again, up to 35 cm ( 14 inches)for some of you are probably not much snow, for us here already.
We do not have so much snow, otherwise, in the whole year together.

TimothyBFan
12-15-2010, 09:34 AM

I have to admit i'd like to experience living somewhere like that - but probably only for a week or so :hilarious: :hilarious:

TG-I'm one of the lucky ones that gets to work from home so I pretty much hybernate during the winter. I however, worry a LOT about my poor hubby that has to travel so far in it everyday for work and my daughter who has a job 40 miles away also.

My husband is from this town so he's always been around it for the most part. The first year we moved out here, I had a job about 30 minutes east of here and I drove a Camaro-not exactly a winter car. I took off the first morning while getting the famous lake effect and finally made it into work. One of the older guys saw me coming in and made a comment that since I made it from "the snow capital of Indiana" that everyone else had better make it in also. I had never heard my town referred to as that before. Marched home that night and read hubby the riot act because he had moved me to "the snow capital"!! I guess there use to even be a sign on the outskirts of town that read that also. It's not there any more but my theory is that someone got disgusted, ripped it out of the frozen ground and chucked it into a snowdrift. :lol: Needless to say, the Camaro got put away the next winter and a four wheel drive was bought.

You get use to it. What's funny is trying to explain to other people what it's like only a few miles away from them. They more often than not, just don't get it. They can't understand that only 30 minutes or so away, we are getting feet of snow instead of a couple inches. We've had co workers, family and friends call us saying they've seen how much we are getting on the news. I guess we made the national news again last night because of it. Coming down the highway toward our town, you can literally see it hanging over us and it's like hitting a wall of snow. It's a whole other world here. All because we are just the right distance from Lake Michigan.

Prettymaid
12-15-2010, 09:42 AM

I happen to know that Willie has an extra room... ;-)

Well, it was so terrible outside that I didn't really want to get out in it, but I was getting ready to go. I was happy that I didn't have to after all! lol

Your a trooper for even getting ready to go! What'd they do - call everybody?

Brooke
12-15-2010, 10:58 AM
Your a trooper for even getting ready to go! What'd they do - call everybody?

Yup. We go to a small country church out in the middle of nowhere (my hubby's grandfather and my great aunt were founders) of about 100 members. The deacons call a couple and then ask that person to call someone else. Just takes a few minutes!

Koala
12-16-2010, 02:17 AM
No work today, the schools are closed.
Because of the announced snow and Storm was already decided to close the schools last night .But until now it has not snowed yet!

TimothyBFan
12-16-2010, 10:04 AM
I happen to know that Willie has an extra room... ;-)

And any of you are welcome to our igloo anytime!! http://bestsmileys.com/winter/22.gif

tequila girl
12-16-2010, 05:16 PM
And any of you are welcome to our igloo anytime!! http://bestsmileys.com/winter/22.gif
Thank You TBF - you'll be inundated now!

It's snowing here again........I feel a bit silly saying that now after seeing what you all get!! :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

Midnight_Flyer
12-16-2010, 05:33 PM
it was snowing here again earlier

tequila girl
12-16-2010, 05:36 PM
Whereabouts are you MF?

Midnight_Flyer
12-16-2010, 05:41 PM
UK, you?

tequila girl
12-16-2010, 05:46 PM
Yeah - sorry I knew that......I meant whereabouts, I'm in Norfolk :hilarious:

Midnight_Flyer
12-16-2010, 05:52 PM
oh haha :hilarious: i'm in west midlands

tequila girl
12-16-2010, 05:57 PM
oh haha :hilarious: i'm in west midlands
My niece and nephews grew up in Wolverhampton :thumbsup:

Midnight_Flyer
12-16-2010, 06:10 PM
:D awesome!

u know a place called walsall?

tequila girl
12-16-2010, 06:11 PM
I know of it - i'm guessing that's where you are?

Midnight_Flyer
12-16-2010, 06:58 PM
yep lol :)

12-16-2010, 11:37 PM
Well - We've had two snowstorms this week, but combined we only have about 4 - 5 inches on the ground. Piece of cake - huh Willie. :wink:

AzEaglesFan
12-17-2010, 12:43 AM
Cold and rainy but no wind so our house is fairly warm. Glad for the rain because finally my allergies are down to a medium roar. I have been going through at least a box of tissues a day.

Koala
12-17-2010, 02:15 AM
A bit snow here, but not the announced amount.

BTW, Midnight_Flyer, love your christmas banner!:thumbsup:

Midnight_Flyer
12-17-2010, 05:29 AM
hehe, thank you :) not as good as yours though

Prettymaid
12-17-2010, 09:34 AM
We got about 4-6 inches night before last and it's cold cold cold!!!

Poor AZ, I'll bet your nose is as red as Rudolph's! ;)

Midnight_Flyer
12-17-2010, 09:43 AM
sunny but cold here today, was snowing earlier

Koala
12-17-2010, 09:50 AM
Thanks MF.

Cold (14F°) but beautiful!

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/view%20out%20window/IMG_0729.jpg?t=1292593487
http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/view%20out%20window/IMG_0736.jpg?t=1292595135
http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/view%20out%20window/IMG_0720.jpg?t=1292593487
http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/view%20out%20window/IMG_0731.jpg?t=1292593674

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/view%20out%20window/IMG_0734.jpg?t=1292593487
http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/view%20out%20window/IMG_0732.jpg?t=1292593736

Prettymaid
12-17-2010, 07:31 PM
Did you take those pictures Koala?

Midnight_Flyer
12-17-2010, 09:18 PM
we have a bit of snow tonight

tequila girl
12-17-2010, 09:21 PM
I've had about 2" today...but I want to wake up to at least 6" in the morning.....

Koala
12-18-2010, 03:35 AM
Did you take those pictures Koala?
Yes, I have made the pictures yesterday morning.

Today it is still cold and very foggy.

Troubadour
12-18-2010, 05:19 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs433.snc4/47629_506901615166_222500151_245452_1251520_n.jpg

This is my road at the moment.

tequila girl
12-18-2010, 05:43 AM
This is my view 10 mins ago from the Front

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/carolwayne/From%20the%20Riverbank/IMGP2538.jpg

and from the back

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/carolwayne/From%20the%20Riverbank/IMGP2536.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/carolwayne/From%20the%20Riverbank/IMGP2539.jpg

I love all these snowy pictures - keep 'em coming folks! :)

Troubadour
12-18-2010, 05:58 AM
So pretty, TG!

Peekaboo
12-18-2010, 06:42 AM
I'm lovin' all of these snow pictures. It's just been a little nippy outside lately. In the 40's. Not too bad...yet. I'm wondering when we're gonna get some snow here in Oklahoma. Just before Christmas last year we were hit with a huge snow/ice storm. I was forced to miss work but it allowed me to spend Christmas with my family. I secretly hope that happens again because I'm suppose to work Christmas Eve and Christmas again this year.

Koala
12-18-2010, 09:37 AM
Great photos everyone!

Midnight_Flyer
12-18-2010, 12:52 PM
I'm lovin' all of these snow pictures.

me too :D

Midnight_Flyer
12-18-2010, 12:57 PM
here earlier today

back garden
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w56/Midnight_Flyer_2007/snow1.jpg

street out front
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w56/Midnight_Flyer_2007/snow2.jpg

jdubfan
12-18-2010, 08:49 PM
Saw this strange yellow object in the sky today, I have vague recollections of this phenomenon...but it's been so long ago since I've seen it. A local weatherman says we have "perma-cloud" here in the winter.
Tess reminds me gently that it's still only 17 degrees out, can we go in please...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3518/3192070790_35ec82c915.jpg

Would like to take this pretty couple in to and give em a break. Cardinals are one of my favorites, they look Christmasy to me.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5090/5272737670_dde74c443a_m.jpg http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5207/5272130603_2e3ff1970a_m.jpg

Koala
12-21-2010, 02:51 AM
Nice photos, MF & jdubfan!:smile:

6 inches of snow last night!

sodascouts
12-21-2010, 03:35 AM
In Houston, the temperature got up into the 70s today. Forecast tomorrow is a high of 80 degrees.

This is MESSED UP.

Midnight_Flyer
12-21-2010, 06:49 AM
cold and we still have loads of snow

TimothyBFan
12-21-2010, 08:43 AM
In Houston, the temperature got up into the 70s today. Forecast tomorrow is a high of 80 degrees.

This is MESSED UP.

http://bestsmileys.com/signs11/20.gif

Glennsallnighter
12-22-2010, 05:47 AM
Beautiful snow pictures everybody. We have been hot by the same blast that the UK girls have been suffering. On Monday afternoon the latest installment started. We were iceskating with the kiddies and it started to snow. Beautiful! Then It came down in earnest, I got a text late Monday night to say our school would be closed Tuesday and its closed today as well. It snowed solidly all day yesterday! If we don't open tomorrow we will remain closed for Christmas untuil 10 January! Laura and Chris are closed today. Waiting on word about tomorrow.
I'll try to post a few pics later as well.

Midnight_Flyer
12-22-2010, 11:53 AM
it snowed really bad again overnight and i nearly slipped over in it today :hilarious:

Troubadour
12-22-2010, 08:10 PM
Take care, MF! It hasn't snowed here in a couple of days and I think we're going to escape it for the rest of the week, which means my sister should be able to get down here for Christmas, thank goodness! The pavements are still quite sludgy, but the roads are clear. It's been bitter outside today.

Midnight_Flyer
12-22-2010, 10:22 PM
thanks T :) i'll try

Koala
12-23-2010, 02:31 AM
More snow and storm, no good combination!
I wanted white Christmas, however, slowly it becomes a little bit a lot of snow!
http://www.smilies.4-user.de/include/Wetter/blizzard_3.gif

Prettymaid
12-23-2010, 08:53 AM
More snow and storm, no good combination!
I wanted white Christmas, however, slowly it becomes a little bit a lot of snow!
http://www.smilies.4-user.de/include/Wetter/blizzard_3.gif

"A little bit a lot of snow" Love it!

We're supposed to get hit tomorrow, but I don't know when it's supposed to start. Looks like we'll defintely have a white Christmas here in Central Illinois. (Not that is hasn't been white here for awhile.)

AzEaglesFan
12-23-2010, 04:45 PM
The rain that was flooding California came in last night and we got part of it here. One town in Arizona had a creek destroy some houses. What is so sad is a lot of people in Arizona do not think they need flood insurance so now they have lost their homes and no money to rebuild.
It's cloudy, breezy and about 56 here right now.

Midnight_Flyer
12-23-2010, 05:14 PM
we still have the snow and it's freezing :sad:

Brooke
12-24-2010, 12:32 PM
We having a White Christmas! :yay: It's 32 F, snowing like crazy and beautiful out! Thankfully, our son and his fiancee got to come home last night before this all started! 2-4 inches expected. For us it's unusual to have a snow on Christmas.

Be safe everyone that's traveling.

Koala
12-25-2010, 02:52 AM
We have White Christmas too!
Indeed, here we have a lot of snow and storm, that yesterday at times streets were closed,there were many high snowdrifts!

EasyFeeling
12-25-2010, 08:44 AM
I hate the winter... way too much snow, we're not used to it in North Germany. Side streets full of snow so I had trouble to drive.

Koala
12-25-2010, 08:51 AM
I hate the winter... way too much snow, we're not used to it in North Germany. Side streets full of snow so I had trouble to drive.
I know exactly what you mean, the street conditions are really bad!
Be careful!

Midnight_Flyer
12-25-2010, 08:59 AM
we STILL have the snow hehe but today we have blue sky and it's sunny

AzEaglesFan
12-25-2010, 12:40 PM
We have blue skies and warm sun but the wind is blowing as usual so it is still on the chilly side. It's 56 degree right now, I think Phoenix is suppose to be 70 later but we won't see that here.

WalshFan88
12-26-2010, 01:15 PM
It's freezing cold here... gotta get out and go to a Christmas luncheon with my relatives right now. I hate cold weather.

12-26-2010, 09:12 PM
Well - as many folks here in the east, we had a white Christmas too - first one here since 1993. Altogether between yesterday and today, we got about 6 inches where I live. We were lucky because not too far northeast of where I live, they got 12 - 14 inches.

Freypower
12-27-2010, 05:03 PM
It was unseasonally cold here. We finally seem to be getting some blue sky three days later. I feel for everyone in the Northern Hemisphere & am so glad our trip to the UK was before all the flight delays.

sodascouts
12-27-2010, 11:37 PM
For our Christmas we had cold rain. The preacher joked at our Christmas Eve service that it was "Texas snow."

Prettymaid
12-28-2010, 08:56 AM
50's forcast for New Years Eve! :partytime:

ticky
12-29-2010, 07:09 PM
Oregon is currently having a psychotic episode. We've had snow, rain, sun, hail and fog all day. We had an actual tornado last week in the Willamette Valley and with the barometric pressure all over the charts, my sinuses are having a psychotic episode too,... Im moving someplace warm.

Koala
12-30-2010, 03:18 AM
It's still cold 5°F! But from the weekend it should become warmer!

Glennsallnighter
12-30-2010, 03:53 AM
Well we had our first proper white Christmas in certainly MY living memory this year. It snowed nonstop Christmas week and we had 8-10 inches by Christmas Eve. One of my friends got badly stuck at Schipol Airport and only arrived in Dublin at 7:20pm on Christmas Eve, minus his luggage which has never been located since!

The thaw set in on the 26th and after almost a month of snow the place is green again with temperatures of 11C by Tuesday evening.

However we aren't apparently out of the woods yet! More cold weather forecast from next week.

This one was taken 2 days before Christmas at the local golf club. It was too dangerous to drive there.....

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/Winter%20scenes%202010/IMG_3295.jpg

Koala
12-30-2010, 04:57 AM
WOW, just beautiful!:thumbsup:

tequila girl
12-30-2010, 06:46 AM
I'll echo Koala......That is a beautiful piture! :thumbsup:

MikeA
12-30-2010, 08:22 AM
Ours may be coming....a little bit anyway. We are in a drought right now and really need the moisture whatever form it takes.

But get this....it is supposed to get up to 65* in Wichita today! I took the day off to play golf but it may be quite dangerous! The wind was blowing 45mph with gusts over 50 mph at midnight last night! I sure hope that settles down before we tee off!

Midnight_Flyer
12-30-2010, 08:31 AM
cloudy and dull

Brooke
12-30-2010, 10:30 AM
Lovely picture, Ga.

It's dreary here now. We had a high of 38 yesterday and this morning it was 48 and drizzly. Supposed to be 60ish tomorrow with more rain, then a high of 30 for New Year's Day. Our lovely snow is just about gone now. :-(

12-30-2010, 12:04 PM
That is a very pretty picture, GA. Our snow is still lingering around. I think most of it should be gone after today. That's the way I like it - easy come, easy go! :wink:

TimothyBFan
12-30-2010, 12:20 PM
Weather forecast for my hometown....YUCK!!! Rainy and 40's & 50's the next couple of days. With the 3 feet of snow we have also melting, I'm thinking rain boots instead of snow boots for this weekend.

I don't know about the rest of you, but this weather this year is stranger than usual. I'm hearing about the flooding in California and the blizzard last weekend on the East coast. Snow in Florida, 60's in Colorado and Kansas and 50's here in Indiana and the Midwest. Just a bit scary really. Everyone stay safe!!

AzEaglesFan
12-30-2010, 01:12 PM
IT'S SNOWING AT OUR HOUSE, yep in Arizona. The temp is only 36 degrees. We have had rain since yesterday afternoon. Now it is turning to snow. We don't get a lot of snow here like the high country does. Phoenix has a lot of flooding and Flagstaff is getting a lot of snow and lots of wrecks to go along with it. People here don't know how to drive in any wet or snowy weather. We stay home and out of everybody way.

MikeA
12-30-2010, 07:27 PM
Wow! What a day! 67* but high winds...at least high winds for golf. They were blowing at 25 to 30 mph out of the South. Not bad when you were hitting the ball towards the north! But we had to be ready to duck when we hit to the South!

It really was a good break though because I think overnight, winter is supposed to get here. And knowing Kansas, once it gets here, it'll be hear until the Spring thaw.