PDA

View Full Version : How's the weather?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

WalshFan88
07-20-2011, 12:39 PM
I'm freezing here today.... BRRRR!

Henley Honey
07-20-2011, 01:41 PM
When we had a blizzard over Christmas weekend with 18 inches of snow and five-foot snow drifts and frigid temperatures, I told myself I wouldn't complain when it was 100 degrees in July -- so I won't. I could. But I won't.

Brooke
07-20-2011, 01:44 PM
I will! I love summer, but not the steambath we are having right now.

And I write this as I sit in my air-conditioned office and look out the window! :lol:

EagleLady
07-20-2011, 05:15 PM
We got a nice rainstorm and now its 83

Midnight_Flyer
07-27-2011, 09:43 PM
i think it's supposed to be warm for a few more days :D :partytime: :thumbsup:

Koala
07-28-2011, 01:38 AM
It's still to cold for this season! We only had 67F yesterday.

Brooke
07-28-2011, 10:00 AM
Wish I could send you some of our heat. It's stifling and continues for another week. :soda:

EaglesKiwi
07-29-2011, 05:05 AM
Send some heat down here, too, please Brooke! We have had a really cold snap this week, there was even talk of snow in Auckland, but it didn't eventuate. However much of the South Island (including Christchurch) had to take time off work because of the snow.

Skifields are grateful, it had been such a mild winter they have had no business.

WalshFan88
07-31-2011, 12:02 PM
The weather is nice today!

Brooke
08-02-2011, 04:54 PM
101 and feels like 118! Ugh! Going home and in the house!

Ive always been a dreamer
08-02-2011, 09:34 PM
Yep - we have had some wickedly hot weather here in Virginia as well in the last two or three weeks. We even broke or tied the record temperature a couple of days. I've been waiting until 9:00 or 10:00 at night before taking the puppy for his walk. Even then, there were a couple of nights when the temperature was still in the high 90's so I put on my bathing suit and a pair of shorts and drenched us both in water to cool us down before we took our walk.

Prettymaid
08-08-2011, 02:50 PM
Got the Hallelujah Chorus going through my head because IT'S FINALLY RAINING!!! It just started on my way home for lunch. Hopefully it will also cool things down.

Koala
08-09-2011, 01:51 AM
Rain, rain and more rain since days! http://www.smilies.4-user.de/include/Wetter/herbst-smilies-01.gif

EaglesKiwi
08-10-2011, 07:31 PM
Love your animation, Koala!

Even though it's August (theoretically the peak of winter) the weather has been quite springlike. We took the kids to the park on the weekend and saw daffodils and lambs... :partytime:

Prettymaid
08-16-2011, 02:27 PM
We've had a break from the heat and humidity for almost a week now. The weather has been gorgeous here!

Annabel
08-17-2011, 01:26 PM
Hey Suzanne, are you snowed in at all? Saw a photo of my friend's mum and dad's house in Christchurch and masses of snow. Heaviest snow for something like 30 years ???

Brooke
08-17-2011, 01:40 PM
I saw that too, Ab, and wondered about our resident kiwi.

WalshFan88
08-18-2011, 06:00 AM
The weather is ok here - not too bad actually. Going to be going to Peoria on Friday to do some pedal shopping and hopefully it'll be nice then too.

Annabel
08-18-2011, 09:39 AM
Been raining on and off all day here but at least it hasn't been as bad as Bournemouth has. They have had major flooding there and in other parts of Dorset. Thunder and lightening too. :eyebrow: None of that here and it is only about an hour away from me. Looks like I will be working extra time tomorrow. :hmm:

Koala
08-19-2011, 12:47 AM
Exact with the beginning of school, the weather has been better!:brickwall:Sunshine and little wind!:)

EaglesKiwi
08-19-2011, 05:07 AM
Auckland has had SNOW - for the first time in over 70 years. Unfortunately I didn't get to see it since I was at work (grrr...). Snow is a total novelty for me - I can completely ignore the inconvenience & hazards when it melts & just focus on how pretty it is.

Of course it melted fairly quickly up here - but further down the country it has been heavy and has caused some disruption to travel. Christchurch in particular - earthquake city - has had very heavy snow. However they are used to it in Christchurch and they're bred tough down there! :)

Annabel
08-19-2011, 10:12 AM
Ha ha, I'll tell my kiwi friend that EK. She is from Christchurch but is currently living and working in London. She hates the cold and in fact was complaining about being cold here yesterday. It's still summer here lol. She's already not looking forward to winter. :hilarious:

AzEaglesFan
08-19-2011, 02:46 PM
We finally got rain and quite a bit of it. It dropped the temp down from 105 at 5:00 PM to 72 degrees at 11:00 PM. It was raining when I got up this morning but has stopped now. The temp is around 82 right now but will get up around 100 this afternoon. Hate to think what the humidity will be.

EaglesKiwi
08-21-2011, 05:22 AM
Ha ha, I'll tell my kiwi friend that EK. She is from Christchurch but is currently living and working in London. She hates the cold and in fact was complaining about being cold here yesterday. It's still summer here lol. She's already not looking forward to winter. :hilarious:
Well, Christchurch also gets beautiful hot summers. So I can understand her complaint...

We have had beautiful sunshine over the weekend. The wind still has an icy chill, but it feels like spring again.

WalshFan88
08-24-2011, 06:28 PM
The weather is good here today. Not too hot - not too cold. :) Just how I like it. :hilarious:

Prettymaid
08-24-2011, 08:19 PM
Uhg, how can you say that WF? It was freaking 96 degrees and the humidity was back. :yuck: I don't live that far from you. You must like it hot! :hilarious:

Tomorrow's supposed to be back in the 80's, thank goodness.

WalshFan88
08-24-2011, 08:24 PM
Uhg, how can you say that WF? It was freaking 96 degrees and the humidity was back. :yuck: I don't live that far from you. You must like it hot! :hilarious:

Tomorrow's supposed to be back in the 80's, thank goodness.

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

I am in the AC! :D As long as the house stays at the right temp (not hot and not cold) - I'm cool.... And it is nice at night outside (when I go outside is at night) when it becomes more tolerable. I can't stand cold weather - makes me hurt all over. Don't know why that is but on a cold day you would think I was a little old man - I can barely move a muscle. :rofl: I do better when it's fairly warm. But not too hot. :hilarious:

Brooke
08-24-2011, 09:04 PM
97 and humid here today. :yuck:

80's tomorrow. Much better! :yay:

Windeagle
08-25-2011, 09:44 AM
We're watching Hurricane Irene closely. Right now, New Hampshire is in the crosshairs. Ugh! Where are we gonna put 8-15 inches of rain?

No real worries for floods at my house (we live on a hill), but I'm more worried about wind. We're likely to lose power for some period of time on Sunday.

Prettymaid
08-25-2011, 12:53 PM
Thinking about you WE and everyone else in Hurricane Irene's path. I know Dreamer lives in Virginia but I'm not certain of where. Stars is from Delaware, HH is in from New York. Who am I forgetting? EV is in NJ...stay safe everyone!

Annabel
08-25-2011, 03:26 PM
Having been through Wilma back in 05, when we were on holiday in Orlando, I don't envy any of you in its path. Fingers crossed for everyone to stay safe. :heart:

Midnight_Flyer
08-26-2011, 06:17 AM
it's rainy here today

Brooke
08-26-2011, 09:37 AM
Best of luck to everyone on the East coast in Irene's path. Be safe!

EaglesKiwi
08-27-2011, 06:41 AM
Trying to keep up to date with Hurricane Irene info down here, too. Stay safe, we'll all be praying for you and sending good wishes and look forward to hearing from you all again once it's over!

AzEaglesFan
08-27-2011, 12:16 PM
Record in Phoenix of 117.
Had another dust storm with a multi car wreck.
Wish winter would hurry up and get here.
Hope everyone on the East coast stays safe.

Henley Honey
08-27-2011, 12:45 PM
It just started raining here. I'm in Nassau County which is on the western portion of Long Island. We are expected to take a direct hit from Hurricane Irene between 7AM and Noon tomorrow. :fear:
We are as prepared as we can be with batteries, flashlights, and candles but we will most certainly lose power for several days.
My mother's beach community is under mandatory evacuation, as is most of lower Manhattan and the South Shore of Long Island.
JFK and LaGuardia airports have been closed and all buses, subways and railroads are shut down as well.
Winds at the peak are going to be between 60 - 80 mph sustained. Yikes!
Good luck to all in the path!! Stay safe and be careful!!

08-27-2011, 01:59 PM
I posted about this in the Niagara Falls thread because I was in a hurry and didn't know how long I'll have power. But, since my power is still holding out, I'll try to reiterate what I said here so as not to take Glenn's thread off topic. Hurricane Irene has reared her ugly head here. The winds and rain first came around 8:00 a.m. and it just keeps getting progressively worse. We won't get the worst of it until tonight so it may be a very long day and evening. Wow - an earthquake and hurricane here in Virginia all in one week is a little much. I was in Niagara Falls during the earthquake, but when I got home my computer monitor and telephone had been jarred off my desk and were in the floor - it is amazing that they were not damaged.

Anyway, HH and everyone else, please stay safe and I'll try to post in some other threads until I lose power.

Koala
08-27-2011, 02:12 PM
Be careful everyone who live in the threatened Area of the hurricanes

Windeagle
08-27-2011, 02:43 PM
Irene's expected here in NH Sunday afternoon and evening, though the rain will likely start by tonight. We spent this morning clearing gutters, securing the yard and picking all the peaches off my peach tree so they won't end up as mush. We expect to lose power so we'll charge all the phones tonight. We're as ready as we're gonna be, I guess. Good luck to all of you. I'll be thinking of you as I watch how things progress.

Henley Honey
08-27-2011, 02:46 PM
Be safe Windeagle. Sounds like you should make a peach pie. Yum.

Dreamer, glad you're making it through Irene safely too!
What's next for Virginia? Locusts??

Glennsallnighter
08-28-2011, 07:18 AM
I've been following Irene on the TV and am lucky I wasn't to fly out of NY on Thursday. Please do what you can to keep safe everybody. Put what you can on hold. She WILL pass. I'm praying that all of you and your families and friends make it through Irene without any loss of life, injury, or damage. Take care! :grouphug:

AzEaglesFan
08-28-2011, 11:23 AM
Hard rain here last night and the wind was blowing it down in sheets. Every motion sensor light in the neighborhood was on. What was funny about it all was that the rain was cold when it would hit you but the wind as hot. The temp never did get below 80 degrees. It only lasted about 10 minutes and then off it went to the Phoenix area.

GlennLover
08-28-2011, 01:09 PM
Raining & thundering here. It's fairly windy. Irene is supposed to hit her around 6:00PM ADT. At first they were predicting that we would be in the direct path of the storm but now it appears that Irene will hit the hardest in the northwestern part of the province. We are in the south. Still, we expect heavy rain & high winds.

I hope dreamer, HH & anyone else who is affected by Irene are safe.

Windeagle
08-28-2011, 02:05 PM
So far so good here in coastal NH. No major damage here. We're through most of the rain but it remains windy. Hope everyone else fared well and good luck to our friends farther along the path.

Glennhoney
08-28-2011, 04:21 PM
..still awaiting "Irene" here in Cape Breton.....it's been muggy and cloudy all day...the wind seems to be picking up....hope it's not too bad....my husband left this afternoon for a 3 day trip to visit his family...and I threw out my back this morning...gonna take some painkillers and hope to sleep the night away...just hope I don't lose the power........stay safe everyone....and send me some good vibes...:thumbsup:

GlennLover
08-28-2011, 11:11 PM
..still awaiting "Irene" here in Cape Breton.....it's been muggy and cloudy all day...the wind seems to be picking up....hope it's not too bad....my husband left this afternoon for a 3 day trip to visit his family...and I threw out my back this morning...gonna take some painkillers and hope to sleep the night away...just hope I don't lose the power........stay safe everyone....and send me some good vibes...:thumbsup:

Hope you feel better soon, GH. Hopefully you will sleep through the night & the rest of this storm. I can hear the trees here rustling with the force of the wind. It's raining a bit but I think we dodged that bullet here. It was very hot & muggy here earlier today as well, but thankfully it has cooled off somewhat. Hope Irene doesn't hit Cape Breton too hard! .

Glennhoney
08-29-2011, 05:13 PM
well we didn't get much of anything...high winds started at around 4am...no rain or thunder....and I DID sleep all night....it was quite windy all morning..but absolutely beautiful sunny and hot day...NO HUMDITY..'til the next one comes around.........:hilarious:

Henley Honey
08-29-2011, 05:18 PM
Wow. That was an intense storm!!! Irene packed quite a punch. We lost power at 2:30 am Sat and JUST got it back. Luckily we sustained no injury or property damage, just a little inconvenience of no electricity so I can't complain at all. Lots of trees down and flooding too but it could have been much worse.

I would SOOOO not have liked to live in the days before electricity -- No Border for 3 days -- I was twitching!

Hope everyone else is OK as well!

Now starts the clean up . . . . . :-(

Windeagle
08-29-2011, 05:59 PM
Glad you're back, HH. I was getting worried. You guys got it bad down there, from what I saw on the news.

Has anyone seen Dreamer yet? I think she's the only one of the "Irene-impacted" that I haven't seen back online.

Henley Honey
08-29-2011, 06:39 PM
Thanks, WE. We were very lucky. I think the pre-storm precautions everyone took were key.

Check in, Dreamer. Let us know you're safe!!

Freypower
08-29-2011, 07:38 PM
HH, I'm glad you're alright. :partytime:

Henley Honey
08-29-2011, 08:29 PM
HH, I'm glad you're alright. :partytime:

Thanks FP! Glad you made it home safe & sound. Can't wait for the rest of your review! Wish I had taken a picture of the absolute look of JOY that I saw on your face when Glenn hit the stage. Priceless.

Freypower
08-29-2011, 08:33 PM
Thanks FP! Glad you made it home safe & sound. Can't wait for the rest of your review! Wish I had taken a picture of the absolute look of JOY that I saw on your face when Glenn hit the stage. Priceless.

Thank you for saying that; I'm glad it showed. :hilarious:

GlennLover
08-29-2011, 09:39 PM
We came through all right here too. One of my friends that lives a bit out of town lost power early last night. Haven't heard if he got it back. Our power didn't go out. The wing kept waking Harold through the night but I slept right through. Some of the local beaches & a nature park that are right on the ocean were closed due to the high surf. One road is closed due to debris deposited by waves that came over a dyke. Thank God you both came through unharmed, HH & GH!

I'm still worried about dreamer!!!

Glennsallnighter
08-30-2011, 08:15 AM
GL and HH, I too am glad you made it through the worst of Irene as well! it's true, HH, we take things like electricity, services, and communications so much for granted these days that when things like this happen we are lost.

Hope the cleanup for everyone isn't too bad!

Calling Dreamer in............?

Koala
08-30-2011, 09:43 AM
GL and HH,I' am glad you are ok, too!

sodascouts
08-30-2011, 11:35 AM
I talked to Dreamer - she's fine, but without power. She's afraid it might be days before she gets it back!

HH and GL - glad to hear all is well!

GlennLover
08-30-2011, 02:52 PM
I'm relieved to hear Dreamer is OK! I thought she probably was without power.

Perfect Little Sister
08-30-2011, 02:54 PM
Poor Dreamer. I can't imagine going without power that long.

EaglesKiwi
08-30-2011, 03:46 PM
Thanks for posting that, Soda. Good to know Dreamer and everyone else came through this ok.

HH, I think you're right - the preparation made an enormous difference. Without it there may have been many more problems

Of course, since everyone prepared so well and stayed safe, now people will complain it was overhyped... :nahnah:

Brooke
08-30-2011, 04:36 PM
Oh yes. The complaining has already begun! :rolleyes:

Henley Honey
08-30-2011, 05:52 PM
I've only had power back for about 24 hours now, but from some of the news footage I've seen I don't think its possible to have overhyped this storm. There are communities in New Jersey that are decimated. Parts of Vermont are impassable with entire towns isolated with bridges and roads wiped out and people stranded with inadequate supply of food and water. These communities are going to feel the effects for weeks to come.

I think the 20 billion dollar figure that is being tossed around as Irene's "price tag" is woefully low. How does Joe's song go?
"Pow, right between the eyes. Oh how Nature loves her little surprises."

Glad to hear Dreamer is OK.
She's experienced Glenn, an earthquake and a hurricane in the span of less than a week. Pow. Thats quite a trifecta.

Koala
08-31-2011, 12:54 AM
I'm glad to hear Dreamer is ok.

TimothyBFan
08-31-2011, 08:16 AM
Saw on the news this morning that people were questioning the evacuations. Of course had they not evacuated and the storm had killed more, there would have been hell to pay for that also. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Anyone who's smart, would know better safe than sorry, I would think anyways.

Glad everyone here is safe. Hopefully we'll hear from Kay soon. Poor thing, without electric this long. Yuck!!!

sodascouts
08-31-2011, 09:30 AM
Talked to Kay again last night - she says hello. They're saying she'll probably get power back by Friday. Still, a long time to be without!

Brooke
08-31-2011, 10:00 AM
Poor Kay! That's terrible! Glad she's doing ok though!

whitcap
09-02-2011, 04:01 PM
It looks like Tropical Storm Lee (http://news.yahoo.com/rain-packed-tropical-storm-lee-forms-off-louisiana-181729134.html) is headed my way. They're predicting heavy rain/wind through Monday.

sodascouts
09-02-2011, 04:06 PM
Oh no - stay safe, whitcap!

As for dreamer, they now predict she'll get her power back Saturday. Poor thing!

whitcap
09-02-2011, 04:14 PM
I really feel for Dreamer. Back in 2008 when Hurricane Gustav hit we lost power for 9 or 10 days. It was miserable.

Brooke
09-02-2011, 04:35 PM
Wc, stay on high ground!

Poor dreamer!

100 F here as we speak! A record 103 yesterday. http://bestsmileys.com/hot/3.gif

EaglesFanatic
09-02-2011, 05:10 PM
Stay safe wc! Hope everything turns out okay for you.

Windeagle
09-02-2011, 06:56 PM
Good luck, WC. I'll be thinking of you.

AzEaglesFan
09-03-2011, 01:44 AM
Miserable here. Temp is still over 100. Cloudy and humid so our cooler doesn't work. Wind is blowing just enough to keep the dust flying and on top of that we have fires to the East and West of us so the smoke can get very thick at times. There is nothing near the fires so they are just letting them burn themselves out.

Koala
09-03-2011, 01:53 AM
Good luck,wc!

The weather here is nice bit of sun and few clouds, only the temperatures could be better!

whitcap
09-03-2011, 05:06 PM
It rained pretty hard last night but we haven't had much today although the sky looks grim. I heard on the radio that it's going to hit us hard tomorrow.

whitcap
09-04-2011, 01:35 PM
My power's out. My phone Internet still works though. I'll post again when the power comes back.

whitcap
09-04-2011, 02:14 PM
My powers back on. It was only out for a couple hours.

sodascouts
09-04-2011, 02:20 PM
Good deal!

GlennLover
09-04-2011, 04:10 PM
Glad you're save & with power, WC!

Brooke
09-05-2011, 09:39 AM
Glad you're ok, wc!

We finally got cooled down yesterday. After 98 on Saturday a front went through and it was 79 yesterday, 54 last night and a high of 73 today!

Nice! :yay:

09-05-2011, 12:19 PM
My powers back on. It was only out for a couple hours.

Oh just rub it in why don't you!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Of course, I am only kidding. I'm very glad that you only lost power for a short while. After over a week with no power, I don't wish that on anyone. But, I'm not bitter. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Koala
09-06-2011, 12:51 AM
Great to hear all of you had your power back!:)I can not imagine how it is to be without power for several days! If we have no power because of storm then only for a few hours!

Annabel
09-06-2011, 10:15 AM
The back end of hurricane Irene has been visiting the UK today and boy is it wet and windy out there......... still. Started overnight and been like it all day. :eyebrow:

We appreciate you sharing with us but ............... next time you can keep it your side of the pond. We don't mind honest. :hilarious:

09-06-2011, 05:29 PM
Okay - This is getting so not funny. Now, TS Lee is here and I lost power again for about 3 hours this afternoon. They've restored my service again for now, but the worst of the storm won't even get here until late tonight. Oh well - no matter what happen, I'll deal (as if I have a choice). :sigh:

VAisForEagleLovers
09-06-2011, 06:58 PM
Okay - This is getting so not funny. Now, TS Lee is here and I lost power again for about 3 hours this afternoon. They've restored my service again for now, but the worst of the storm won't even get here until late tonight. Oh well - no matter what happen, I'll deal (as if I have a choice). :sigh:

I've been dealing with Lee for 24 hrs now. I'm starting to prune. Fortunately, the power was only out for a few minutes, but it's been an unbelievable amount of rain.

Henley Honey
09-06-2011, 07:10 PM
Okay - This is getting so not funny. Now, TS Lee is here and I lost power again for about 3 hours this afternoon.

Wow, Dreamer. Is this bad karma or just a long stretch of bad luck?
Lets look on the bright side (easy for me to say as I still have lights :hilarious:)
You got to see Glenn. Hmm. Thats about all I can come up with.
Hang in there. The sun will come out -- if not tomorrow -- eventually!

EagleLady
09-06-2011, 07:31 PM
:partytime: Nice and sunny here today and all week with highs in the mid 80s

09-06-2011, 09:56 PM
I've been dealing with Lee for 24 hrs now. I'm starting to prune. Fortunately, the power was only out for a few minutes, but it's been an unbelievable amount of rain.

VAisForEL - I feel your pain. What part of Virginia are you from? I'm from the Richmond area. BTW - It's always nice to have another Virginian on the board. :thumbsup:

Wow, Dreamer. Is this bad karma or just a long stretch of bad luck?
Lets look on the bright side (easy for me to say as I still have lights :hilarious:)
You got to see Glenn. Hmm. Thats about all I can come up with.
Hang in there. The sun will come out -- if not tomorrow -- eventually!

Gee Joanie - thanks! That really did make me feel a lot better cause it reminded me of a weather conversation we had with Glenn at Pebble Beach. :partytime:

VAisForEagleLovers
09-06-2011, 10:39 PM
VAisForEL - I feel your pain. What part of Virginia are you from? I'm from the Richmond area. BTW - It's always nice to have another Virginian on the board. :thumbsup:

Gee Joanie - thanks! That really did make me feel a lot better cause it reminded me of a weather conversation we had with Glenn at Pebble Beach. :partytime:

Dreamer, I live near Warrenton! We're almost neighbors, relatively speaking! The rain kept me awake all night last night.

09-07-2011, 10:39 AM
Yep - we are almost neighbors. You are north of me and we're still getting rain, so hate to say it, but you're not quite done yet. :brickwall:

VAisForEagleLovers
09-07-2011, 11:33 AM
The forecast is completely awful until the weekend when it moves up to somewhat awful. And the folks in Texas would love to have this rain.

sodascouts
09-07-2011, 12:30 PM
That's right about Texas. There were several fires near where my sister lives a few days ago, just outside of north Austin.

http://www.dailytexanonline.com/news/2011/09/05/fires-burn-across-central-texas-destroy-hundreds-homes

It's pretty upsetting when your brother-in-law posts on Facebook that the sky is full of smoke and ash from fires in the vicinity. However, their home was undamaged, thank God.

Brooke
09-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Our daughter is moving back to Austin today. I told her about the fires and the heat, but it didn't phase her. I really don't want her to go so far away again, but she's determined. :sad:

I'm glad your sister and b-i-l's house is ok Soda. I hope they get some rain there soon.

Midnight_Flyer
09-12-2011, 10:45 AM
it is really windy here today, i think it's something to do with the end part of a hurricane somewhere.....(hurricane Katia?)

tequila girl
09-12-2011, 10:52 AM
Same here MF........In fact one of my patio chairs just took off into the river! :fear: I managed to retrieve it before it sank :hilarious: :hilarious:

Midnight_Flyer
09-12-2011, 11:19 AM
:hilarious:

not good

nothing of ours has disappeared.......yet hehe

Annabel
09-12-2011, 11:51 AM
Windy on the south coast too, but at least the rain stopped mid morning. :partytime: Been lovely and sunny since then and warm too. Still Katia should be through by tonight. :)

Midnight_Flyer
09-12-2011, 11:58 AM
i don't think it's rained here. it's just very, very windy :hilarious:

Koala
09-13-2011, 12:28 AM
Here it's very windy and it rains again!

Glennsallnighter
09-13-2011, 05:17 AM
It got very windy yesterday, last night and early this morning but Katia seems to have moved onwards now.

Annabel
09-13-2011, 05:29 AM
Beautiful day here today. Sunny, warm, breeze and blue skies. :thumbsup:

Midnight_Flyer
09-13-2011, 08:34 AM
it's better here today than yesterday :thumbsup:

TimothyBFan
09-13-2011, 09:01 AM
We had a high yesterday of 85. A cold front moves in this afternoon and by tomorrow morning, they're calling for a low of 38 and possible frost! Welcome to Northern Indiana. 2 seasons---- Summer & Winter and only a day separates them! :hilarious:

Midnight_Flyer
09-13-2011, 11:56 AM
wow! i didn't know the weather changed so quick there :o

Brooke
09-13-2011, 02:14 PM
Kind of the same thing here in Missouri. 91 yesterday, 81 today, 73 tomorrow and then 60's!

Fall! Yes! :yay:

Troubadour
09-13-2011, 03:17 PM
It's been extremely windy the past few days, including today. We had heavy showers this morning, but the sun came out at around 2PM and it was lovely. Chilly in the evenings, though.

Midnight_Flyer
09-19-2011, 10:16 AM
it's cloudy here today

Glennsallnighter
09-21-2011, 08:56 AM
Raining here!

Brooke
09-21-2011, 03:53 PM
Nice here. 76 and sunny, but extremely dry. We need rain badly. Remember how green everything was earlier this summer? It's all brown and dead now.

WalshFan88
09-21-2011, 09:11 PM
Very nice here. Hope it stays that way for my Ausfest jam on October 1st.

Koala
09-22-2011, 01:06 AM
Two words describe the weather perfect: cloudy and cold!

EaglesKiwi
09-22-2011, 04:43 AM
It's warming up here through the day - nights are still cold, but we are definitely moving towards summer. Daylight Savings starts here this weekend - woohoo!

Henley Honey
09-25-2011, 04:01 PM
I'm waiting for Autumn in New York, but its 80 degrees and humid.
Guess I have a little more waiting to do . . . . . .

VAisForEagleLovers
09-25-2011, 04:12 PM
Rainy and humid here. It's supposed to be cloudy and rain every day until at least Wednesday...after raining yesterday, and Friday, and Thursday. Kind of depressing. I guess I ought to think about scheduling a pool closing.

Glennhoney
09-25-2011, 05:05 PM
..beautiful summer day here...though tonight will be a little chilly...

sodascouts
09-25-2011, 05:54 PM
We've got a tornado warning here. Ugh!

Henley Honey
09-25-2011, 05:57 PM
Take cover, sista!!!

sodascouts
09-25-2011, 06:24 PM
Shoot, It IS coming my way according to radar and not just "in the area." Guess I do need to take cover. Later guys!

VAisForEagleLovers
09-25-2011, 06:26 PM
Shoot, It IS coming my way according to radar and not just "in the area." Guess I do need to take cover. Later guys!

Oh no! Let us know you're OK!

Henley Honey
09-25-2011, 07:00 PM

Holy Crap,Soda . . . . . .
This is not funny !
Did you make it under cover???? I'm "a" scared for you.

sodascouts
09-25-2011, 07:22 PM
Never fear! The warning was just ended at 6:15 Central. The storm moved east. We still have a "watch" but I'm not concerned.

Henley Honey
09-26-2011, 10:21 AM
Whew! Glad you're OK!

Glennsallnighter
09-26-2011, 11:57 AM
Glad you're ok Soda! Those tornados can be dangerous!

We are actually enjoying an Indian Summer here. Which is great because it didn't really happen this year!

Brooke
09-26-2011, 01:47 PM
We've been having lovely autumn weather here in Missouri, but we need rain very badly. 67 right now and scheduled like this for the rest of the week. Perfect!

Midnight_Flyer
09-28-2011, 11:41 AM
it is lovely and sunny and warm here :D supposed to be going up into the 20's by the end of the week

VAisForEagleLovers
09-28-2011, 11:48 AM
Here in Northern Virginia, the sun is currently out, but we are to have strong thunderstorms this afternoon.

Annabel
09-29-2011, 07:53 AM
it is lovely and sunny and warm here :D supposed to be going up into the 20's by the end of the week

Is this where we all start complaining that it is too hot. :hilarious: Just not used to this at this time of year :eyebrow: but it's very nice and helps make up for the lack of a nice summer. I don't mind if it lasts a while longer yet. :thumbsup:

Troubadour
09-29-2011, 08:26 AM
It's beautiful here today. Warm and sunny; not a cloud in the sky.

Spiritinthesky
10-10-2011, 05:05 PM
In Manchester UK, its been raining now for 3 days! (And Bob Dylan is in town tonight).

SweetHolly
10-12-2011, 12:18 PM
We had down pouring rain this morning by where I live. I was drenched waiting for the bus to go to school. It was clear downtown and at school.

Midnight_Flyer
10-19-2011, 08:05 PM
Is this where we all start complaining that it is too hot. :hilarious:

yes hehe

i am cold tonight but we have the heating on :)

Tori
10-19-2011, 08:12 PM
Here in Wisconsin it's rainy, insanely windy, cold, and generally dreary. Winter's coming, I guess...

Midnight_Flyer
10-19-2011, 09:52 PM
i love the cold, wintery nights, it reminds me that christmas is coming :D

WalshFan88
10-20-2011, 10:10 AM
It's pretty cool/cold here but my definition of cold is different than most. I don't do well with extreme temperatures either way. I can't stand the heat and I can't stand the cold. I have to have it "just right", like Baby Bear's porridge. :rofl: The cold makes my joints ache. The heat makes me sick to my stomach. I'm not a Winter or Summer fan. Fall is so-so but I really prefer Spring. My favorite! :D

Koala
10-21-2011, 06:28 AM
Here it's cold and wet! As most to this season!

EaglesKiwi
10-22-2011, 04:55 AM
We are definitely in spring over here - I bought asparagus and strawberries today. :)

Glennhoney
10-22-2011, 12:00 PM
Absolutely gorgeous...sunny and warm..

EaglesFanatic
10-22-2011, 12:34 PM
Snow is in the forecast this week :partytime: Supposed to drop to 30 degrees later this week too!

Glennsallnighter
10-24-2011, 05:34 PM
OMG! Where are you from EF?

Today Dublin smashed the record for most rainfall in one day. It had been 48mm. Today it was recorded at 69mm. Most of the city and any low lying areas are flooded and there is a big worry about what high tide around about now could do! I had to drive through about 6 inches of water at several points coming home from work today. That road is now imassable!

VAisForEagleLovers
10-28-2011, 10:15 PM
I can't believe this! Two months ago, here in VA, we had days on end of high 90's and 100's. Now tomorrow, we're to get 2-4 inches of wet snow. In October. Falling on trees that still have leaves on them (we haven't reached peak fall foliage yet), so branches will fall and power may go out. Snow...:ack:

Henley Honey
10-29-2011, 12:41 PM
It's snowing !!! Big Fat Wet Heavy Flakes.
I heard on the weather channel that this will be the 4th time since the Civil War that there will be measurable snowfall amounts in the NorthEast.

Have to travel for a wedding today too! Hope the bride has long sleeves!!!

Glennsallnighter
10-29-2011, 07:15 PM
Oh WOW! Hope she has indeed! Enjoy the wedding HH and travel safely.

One of my colleagues travelled to New York for a wedding this weekend. I can't believe he'll be telling us he had snow!

Uh........ hardly the same wedding.....lol....?

Henley Honey
10-30-2011, 01:39 PM
How funny would that have been, GA. Mine was a military-ish wedding in Oyster Bay, Long Island.
The bride is a Commander in the Navy and the Groom is a Fighter Pilot. I felt kinda bad for them because their unit was deployed back to the Gulf just days before the wedding, so they were missing alot of their friends, but they still had the sword salute as they came in to the reception which was really nice.
The snow was a nuisance but not a real problem. Hope your colleague made out OK as well!!

Glennsallnighter
10-31-2011, 07:13 AM
Sounds like a lovely Wedding HH! I dunno how Conor is! I guess we'll all hear about the snow and see the pics when we return next week after midterm.

All of you on the East Coast take care of yourselves. Be safe and warm!

In contrast we are having one of the warmest Hallowe'ens on record here today. Me hopes it's NOT the calm before the storm!

Prettymaid
11-29-2011, 03:07 PM
We're having our first wintery mix. It rained all night and all morning and now it's turned to snow. Big wet flakes, falling fast!

Henley Honey
11-29-2011, 06:21 PM
It's been in the high 60's here since Thanksgiving! Usually we'd be in the low 40's. This is the literal calm before the storm if this year's snow totals are anything like last year!

sodascouts
11-30-2011, 01:05 AM
It actually snowed in Memphis yesterday - just a little bit, but still pretty shocking for the area. It was very cold today and after teaching tonight, I came out to find ice covering my car.

But... I kind of miss the colder weather of Indiana, so I don't mind it.

Koala
11-30-2011, 01:09 AM
It's cold but not too cold, wet, stormy and foggy! The typical November weather!

AzEaglesFan
11-30-2011, 02:55 AM
We had a nice day today, around 62. BUT we are suppose to get wind in here Thursday and rain on Friday or so they say. The weather reporters have changed their minds several times. :laugh:

Glennsallnighter
11-30-2011, 06:17 AM
This time last year we were in a severe snow spell which in some parts of the country lasted 4 weeks. We are NOT used to this, some years we get no snow at all! Lots of people have stocked up on snow tyres, salt, and warm woollies, but it's stil lovely and balmy!

You guys be careful in the inclement weather out there.

Nancy, NEVER thought I'd hear you missing Indianas colder climate!

Prettymaid
11-30-2011, 08:37 AM
Well, our snow yesterday lasted precisely 10 minutes. :hilarious: Then around 3 the sun peeked through. Rain, snow and sunshine all in one day...talk about strange weather!

Glennsallnighter
11-30-2011, 08:43 AM
Well be careful PM. That rainy snowy slush can be slippy.

I just LOVE your sig banner!

Prettymaid
11-30-2011, 09:06 AM
Aw, thanks GA. I made it last year after Lou's wonderful class on how to make a sig using layers!

Glennsallnighter
11-30-2011, 12:42 PM
Cool. Must check that out again!

Prettymaid
11-30-2011, 01:23 PM
Here's the link

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2788

EaglesFanatic
12-01-2011, 07:28 PM
Got hit by another snowstorm today. It definitely feels like Winter is just around the corner :)

AzEaglesFan
12-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Cold, for us, around 50 degrees and raining. Suppose to be worse tomorrow.

EaglesKiwi
12-02-2011, 05:24 AM
Weather has been reasonable, except for when I walked outside to drop something off to my car - in the less-than-5-minutes that I was outside it suddenly started to BUCKET down, and I got absolutely soaked through to the skin - wet shirt, wet jeans,YUCK!!

It stopped raining a couple of minutes after I got back inside. :-x

Had to leave work to go home - have a cold anyway, so I figured it was a message to go home & go to bed!!

Then we had beautiful sunshine for the rest of the day!

Prettymaid
12-02-2011, 08:38 AM
Feel better soon EK. Lots of sick Borderers right now! I'm sending get well wishes to all of you!

Glennsallnighter
12-03-2011, 05:56 AM
Here's the link

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2788

Thanks PM!

EK, hope you feel a lot better! At least you have sunshine!

Here it's still unseasonably warm, temperatures about 10 C (58F) most days. The good thing is I can stall off the central heating for as long as possible!

Brooke
12-07-2011, 04:31 PM
We had our first snow of the season yesterday. The weatherpeople said "scattered flurries." Well, we ended up with about an inch, slick roads, and it snowed like crazy all day. Even though we didn't get that much, the roads were terrible. There were all kinds of accidents all over the place. It just kills me that people don't know when to slow down. Some of them think they are invincible and just drive like everything is fine. :roll:

This morning it was 14F. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr! http://bestsmileys.com/cold/1.gif

Freypower
12-07-2011, 06:22 PM
We've had our coldest start to summer in 51 years; i.e. since 1960, when I was born, and remember I was born mid November!

sodascouts
12-07-2011, 09:32 PM
We had snow in Memphis this morning, but it's all clear now and should be sunny the rest of the week if the forecast holds. Still, it was quite shocking - and kind of cool - to wake up to snow this morning down here in the South.

Koala
12-08-2011, 01:19 AM
In the recent days we had some snow but he's long since thawed! Now it's here all day foggy, stormy and wet.

Glennsallnighter
12-08-2011, 07:36 AM
Stormy and wet here. Not particularly cold here but it's due to get colder. snow forecast for Saturday. We'll see!

VAisForEagleLovers
12-08-2011, 10:28 AM
They called for snow here last night, but I didn't see any. Still, someone turned off the heat outside! A beautiful cloudless day but freezing cold. I guess I'll need a lot of hot chocolate to deal with putting up lights out there.

EaglesKiwi
12-31-2011, 05:51 AM
Rain, rain and more rain! :doh:Looks like my entire holiday is going to be WET and we won't be able to do any of the family activities (beach, kayaking, bush walks) that I was hoping for. Not Happy.

It's supposed to be a long hot summer- just goes to show the meteorologists know NOTHING. :nope:

Surely somewhere in the world could make better use of it! The only silver lining is that my vege garden is appreciative - the tiny parsley plants I had 10 days ago are now enormous. But the tomatoes aren't ripening because there's no sun!

Glennsallnighter
12-31-2011, 06:12 AM
It was meant to be another snowy one here this year too. But apart from one morning I have hardly seen a flake. It's mild today with a really springy feel to it, though it IS dull. I'm happy without snow this year.

EK. Just heard there have been tremors in Christchurch again. Hope you and yours are all ok.

And Happy New Year!

Brooke
12-31-2011, 10:33 AM
60 F here today! The warmest New Year's Eve here for many years! At least it will be safe driving conditions for all the partyers (?) as long as they have designated drivers!

EaglesKiwi
01-01-2012, 06:09 AM
EK. Just heard there have been tremors in Christchurch again. Hope you and yours are all ok.
Thank you. Our family are all in Auckland (or Australia!), so well away from it, but there have been strong aftershocks since the 23rd December. Just when people were beginning to relax and look forward to Christmas in stability! Also devastating for retailers, who lost hours of prime trading time they desperately needed.

AzEaglesFan
01-02-2012, 12:12 AM
Finally we are getting some nice weather. Windy last night but great today around 72 degrees.

Koala
01-02-2012, 02:41 AM
Here it is too warm for this time of year, normally we have 18F nut this winter we always have around 45-50 F with a lot of rain!

Brooke
01-02-2012, 11:22 AM
The bottom dropped out here yesterday. The wind is raging and a high today of 31F. Brrrrrr! And if it's not tied down outside, it's gone!

The Disco Strangler
01-05-2012, 05:55 PM
Warm. Warm. Warm. Hard to believe I'm in Northwestern Ontario.

Koala
01-27-2012, 01:01 AM
The first right snow is here, it snowed overnight and it is still snowing,in the next few days it should also continue to snow.

Henley Honey
01-27-2012, 09:26 AM
Rainy and foggy. Temperature expected to go to 59 degrees. Unreal for January in New York.

VAisForEagleLovers
01-27-2012, 10:38 AM
The rain woke me up around 6am, guess it was time to get up anyway. Now, the sun is out and it's beautiful. 63 degrees, simply amazing for April let alone January. I'll take it!

sodascouts
01-27-2012, 02:22 PM
Weirdly, it's colder here in Memphis! We've been hovering in the 40s for several days now, despite the fact that the sun has come out almost every day. It's just that dang wind - in fact, we actually had a tornado a few days ago! No snow, though. I admit I'm a bit disappointed. It's nice to have a snow day every once in a while (although not too often, because then we get behind).

This is especially true because in Memphis, you get a snow day when the snow is like an inch deep, as opposed to Indiana where it had to be at least a foot deep for them to even consider cancelling class!

Glennsallnighter
01-27-2012, 07:29 PM
Its gone cold here this week, with temperatures barely above freezing! But no snow.

We tend to follow the Memphis tradition re snow days! ie the minute a few flakes fall we are looking at the possibility of closing the schools. However after the amount of time lost last winter we now have to make up days missed due to inclement weather by working the midterm or Easter breaks.

VAisForEagleLovers
01-31-2012, 10:32 AM
It's going to be a beautiful, sunny, and warm day here today. I've been reading the posts in the Fallsview thread that have been posted recently, five months after the concert. The other big event from that day was the 'big' earthquake. Big for the East coast, anyway, and we had about our 35th aftershock last night, we've had so many I've lost count.

Brooke
01-31-2012, 11:04 AM
Very strange, warm weather here for January in to February for Missouri. Yesterday we had a record high of 64 F. Today it's to be 62. Last year at this time we were beginning a record setting blizzard with over 20 inches of snow by the time it was done!

I'll take this! :thumbsup:

Henley Honey
01-31-2012, 11:05 AM
60 Degrees is forecasted for tomorrow. What I'm saving in heating oil costs is going into my concert fund!!:nod:

Troubadour
01-31-2012, 09:14 PM
It is clear here, but absolutely freezing! Very frosty. We had some sleet yesterday, but it was too wet to settle.

Topkat
02-01-2012, 11:55 AM
It was very warm for NY in Jan. Yesterday I was actually hot on my way home . I think it was in the high 50's. Now the sun is shining & they say almost 60. It's unusual, but winter isn't over yet. There's usually a snowstorm in March around my birthday!

EaglesKiwi
02-02-2012, 05:05 AM
It rained pretty much right through January. We've had a few sunny days, but my tomatoes refuse to ripen. :ack: We haven't swum at the beach yet this summer - fingers crossed for this weekend (3 days off, yippee!).

02-19-2012, 09:58 PM
Well here in Virginia, it is strange weather, indeed! Yesterday, it was in the mid-60's and right now, we have about 4 inches of snow on the ground and it's still coming down hard. By Tuesday, the temperature is supposed to be 68°. Go figure. Can't complain though, other than a brief dusting of snow about a month ago, we haven't had a single snowflake here all winter. In fact, the temperature here has been unseasonably mild all winter - generally the daytime temperature has been in the high 50's or low 60's. I have had a couple of power surges tonight though, so I'm crossing my fingers that I don't lose power.

VAisForEagleLovers
02-19-2012, 10:07 PM
Well here in Virginia, it is strange weather, indeed! Yesterday, it was in the mid-60's and right now, we have about 4 inches of snow on the ground and it's still coming down hard. By Tuesday, the temperature is supposed to be 68°. Go figure. Can't complain though, other than a brief dusting of snow about a month ago, we haven't had a single snowflake here all winter. In fact, the temperature here has been unseasonably mild all winter - generally the daytime temperature has been in the high 50's or low 60's. I have had a couple of power surges tonight though, so I'm crossing my fingers that I don't lose power.

I'm a bit north of you in VA and we have less than a quarter inch! Still snowing, though, so we'll see.

Windeagle
02-29-2012, 10:13 AM
I saw on the news there was some nasty weather in the heartland last night. Brooke? Soda? Austin? Everybody ok out there?

Brooke
02-29-2012, 11:32 AM
Well thank you We.

We just had a little rain and wind here in NE Missouri. I heard SW Missouri had some damage and one person was killed near Branson. We lucked out up here thankfully. There is a wind advisory here through today. As if you couldn't feel it when you go outside! :rolleyes: The weather people make me laugh with their advisories sometimes!

Ok guys, how about you Soda and Austin?

sodascouts
03-01-2012, 01:45 PM
Nothing but some high winds in Memphis. The sirens didn't even go off and there was very little rain. It seems we escaped with barely a scratch.

Thanks for asking!

Brooke
03-05-2012, 05:21 PM
My heart goes out to those affected by the tornadoes over the weekend. And then snow on top of the devestation in Indiana.

Willie, I assume you are ok since you posted this morning.

Midnight_Flyer
03-06-2012, 07:19 AM
it's a lovely sunny day here

WalshFan88
03-06-2012, 12:53 PM
Snow :(

Brooke
03-06-2012, 02:34 PM
Snow, Austin? Really?

I'm not all that far from you and we have 70 lovely degrees right now :grin: , but the wind is atrocious at 30 mph and gusting up to 45 at times.

Freypower
03-07-2012, 09:18 PM
RAIN.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-03-08/social-media-rain-drenches-sydney/3876300

There are some brilliant photos here - take a look! It doesn't bother me much, though it was very heavy this morning when I took Rosalind to school.

Brooke
03-08-2012, 11:19 AM
Wow! Amazing photos, Fp! Thank you for sharing those!

Stay dry!

sodascouts
03-08-2012, 05:15 PM
Wow, those photos are something else. It's storming here too, but nothing like that.

The Disco Strangler
03-12-2012, 09:15 PM
Rain--lots of it. There goes the snow. :thumbsdown:

Topkat
03-13-2012, 10:53 AM
It's amazingly warm here for March. Into the 70's today! I like it!

Brooke
03-13-2012, 01:15 PM
Yup, same here! I like! http://bestsmileys.com/sun/2.gif

TimothyBFan
03-13-2012, 02:42 PM
Yup 68 today and in calling for high of 78 tomorrow and in the 70's thru next Tuesday. Works for me!!!

Did you all notice how I didn't b*tch about the snow this year? Because we had 3 snows where we actually had to shovel this winter. Very strange winter here in the lake effect area but we liked it!!!

Windeagle
03-13-2012, 03:10 PM
Ditto here in NH. Just came back from my first mid-afternoon ice cream run of the season. It's 70 and sunny here.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-13-2012, 03:12 PM
84 and partly sunny here in Virginia. Very nice. Shame I have to work...

Glennsallnighter
03-13-2012, 04:11 PM
Cool! Or rather HOT VA!

it's nice enough here for mid March!

The Disco Strangler
03-14-2012, 10:25 PM
It reached 16 here today. I feel as if we didn't have winter LOL. I think I wore my parka three times while walking the dogs.

TimothyBFan
03-15-2012, 12:53 PM
3/12/09

IT'S SNOWING--Need I say more!:sad:

3/13/11

Heard on the news this morning that this year has been the 6th in the most snow ever and that that area only needs a 1/2 an inch more to move into 5th on all time snowfall ever, which we will most likely get tonight with a few inches expected again. The South Bend station that broadcast that says the total for them is 102 inches. Now if you remember right tho, all those days I complained about when we'd be getting lake effect and South Bend and east of here would get nothing? Wonder what our total is for my little town.

3/15/12

This is the 7 day forecast the local tv station just had at noon.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/weather.jpg

It's just weird. We haven't had snow on the ground for weeks now. We only fired up the snow blower 3 times this year and after each snow, it was gone within days because it would warm up again. Now anyone who knows where I live or remember pictures I've posted from previous years knows how strange this is for my lake effect little town in Northern Indiana. I'm not complaining but it is a bit unnerving because it is so strange it just makes you wonder what's to come.

Brooke
03-15-2012, 01:49 PM
I know. We've only had a couple 2-3 inch snows this winter. We usually have many more.

We have 80's predicted here for the next several days (83 yesterday) and then 70's. The trees are budding, tulips and daffodills are up and beginning to bloom and apple trees are blooming. It's way too early, they will probably get zapped. I'll bet we'll be freezing next month when we are wishing for warm weather, but I'll take it!

http://bestsmileys.com/flowers/3.gif

When I got home from work yesterday hubby was on the lawn mower mowing up some dead leaves. It really made the yard look green!

Topkat
03-27-2012, 08:55 AM
After being spoiled with some really warm weather in March, yesterday it was really cold & very windy. I live in a tall building (33 floors) that is on a corner. It's like a wind tunnel here. When I first moved here, even when it's not windy in other places, when you get to my corner, it's blowing up like crazy. There are times when I can't even hold my ground. Yesterday was one of those days. When I was walking to my building I was really being pushed in the opposite direction. Sometimes it's kind of scary.
Today it's supposed to be cold again, so it's back to the winter coat for me these days.

lizzyplays
03-27-2012, 09:07 AM
We had a frost advisory this morning, of all things! It looks blue skies and sunny out there, but I haven't ventured outside. I think it's 43 degrees right now. Boy, do I miss LA weather.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-27-2012, 09:41 AM
We had a freeze warning. I'll check later, but I'm betting all the hosta plants that were up were destroyed.

Koala
04-07-2012, 10:40 AM
It's snowing at the moment!

EaglesKiwi
04-08-2012, 06:48 AM
A week ago the weather forecasters said we were going to have a terrible Easter (4 day break). However the weather has been absolutely beautiful - this is the summer we didn't have!

Troubadour
04-08-2012, 02:10 PM
Drizzly and grey! It suits me though, as I'm having a sofa day... recouperating after my night shifts. It's meant to rain a lot tomorrow.

Brooke
04-10-2012, 04:07 PM
Well, we had one of the warmest Marches on record, but now we have a freeze warning for tonight. Figures! I planted a few little flowers outside Sunday afternoon. I knew it was too early! And my radishes are up in the garden, but it shouldn't hurt them. I'm worried about all the trees that have bloomed. It may ruin the fruit if they are fruit trees and set back the others. Warmth, come back please!

Midnight_Flyer
04-11-2012, 07:54 AM
cloudy here

VAisForEagleLovers
04-11-2012, 09:44 AM
We're to get rain here and temps in the 50's. Where my folks live in PA it's snowing. Here in VA it's to be back into the 80's over the weekend and into next week. I can't wait!

Topkat
04-16-2012, 11:49 AM
They said it may go up to 87 degrees today. That is just craziness. We don't have our central air conditioning on yet, so I hope it doesn't get that hot.
I wonder what this summer is going to be like??:soda:

prayfordaylight
04-16-2012, 12:08 PM
My A/C isn't on yet either despite a number of protests in my building over the past month to do so.

I dread going home later.

lizzyplays
04-16-2012, 12:09 PM
Weather for Raleigh, NC
74°F | °C

Clear
Wind: SW at 14 mph
Humidity: 59%

I'd say it's pretty dang GORGEOUS out there!!! :grin:

Brooke
04-16-2012, 01:33 PM
My A/C isn't on yet either despite a number of protests in my building over the past month to do so.

In this area the a/c is on one day and then the heat is back on the next day. You never know at this time of year. It's crazy! :dizzy:

zeldabjr
04-16-2012, 01:38 PM
It's 81 here and feels humid, partly sunny and windy...Last week I wore my winter coat...now shorts...All windows open and fan on.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-16-2012, 01:45 PM
88 here and very sunny! I just turned the AC on to make sure it works and it does. Can't believe it's to be a high in the mid-fifties by Sunday.

I guess the answer to the question of 'how's the weather?' is 'crazy'.

prayfordaylight
04-16-2012, 02:07 PM
In this area the a/c is on one day and then the heat is back on the next day. You never know at this time of year. It's crazy! :dizzy:

The problem with my building is that once the A/C is on, it stays on (same with the heat) so they wait until it's consistently hot to put the A/C on. Unfortunately that leaves me with a very hot apartment for several weeks (the downside of living on an upper floor).

Just got an email saying they'll have the A/C on by tomorrow night though :)

Topkat
04-16-2012, 04:10 PM
I called the office & they put the a/c on today, so I just put it on. The allergy season is really bad right now, so I really can't open the windows. I do sometimes, but my eyes get really itchy.

zeldabjr
04-21-2012, 07:56 PM
I think I just heard there's a Winter Storm Watch for tomorrow into Mon...potential for quite a bit of snow!:thumbsdown:

zelda

VAisForEagleLovers
04-21-2012, 08:24 PM
I heard that for the Pittsburgh area and surrounding counties. Thank God I moved to Virginia.

Midnight_Flyer
04-26-2012, 06:10 PM
it has been very rainy here the last few days

Glennsallnighter
04-26-2012, 06:35 PM
Here too! We have had rain, hail and thunder almost continuously the last 72 hours! I hope it lets up soon!

Brooke
06-25-2012, 03:36 PM
Yikes, 95 yesterday, 85 today and heading for 100 Wednesday!

The heat is on! :wink:

http://www.anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/shine.gif

Troubadour
06-25-2012, 04:27 PM
It's lovely here. Still and cool (though no need for a jacket.) Perfect for walking. I just wandered to the shop to get some more lozenges and it was nice to get some fresh air and enjoy the peace and quiet of the evening.

BramwenR
06-25-2012, 04:46 PM
Raining cats n dogs here, had a few days of lovely winter sunshine, now just as I'm about to call my mower man (after the last deluge for five days straight about a week ago), down she comes again. :scowl:

Tori
06-28-2012, 02:37 PM
Hot, hot, hot here in Wisconsin! Very humid too. Hopefully it cools down a little bit before Joe gets here for Summerfest!

Glennsallnighter
06-28-2012, 06:29 PM
We have had Strange Weather Indeed! Waking up to pouring rain, real downpours, which clear by about 830am, a warm and humid day, followed by more torrential rain that night. This cycle has been going on several days now!

VAisForEagleLovers
06-28-2012, 06:33 PM
Send it here, GA! We've been without rain for over a week now, and they are calling for temps near 100 for the weekend. No rain in the forecast for a week.

Koala
06-29-2012, 01:37 AM
We had a very long and heavy thunderstorm with a Lot of rain last night. Now it is very humid.

BramwenR
06-29-2012, 04:24 PM
We've had more rain, dull and overcast and this morning so far is dry :thumbsup:

VAisForEagleLovers
06-30-2012, 10:58 AM
Had severe storms last night, 80-mph winds. Woke in the middle of the night with the power going out, then back on after a long brown-out that fortunately seems to have done no damage to the appliances. Today is supposed to be highs in the 100's again with more severe storms this afternoon and evening. Many neighbors have no electric (and no AC) and the estimate for one is that the electric will be on by 1pm on Monday. Seeing lots of pictures of trees down on houses and vehicles on Facebook from friends and neighbors. So I'm very lucky and grateful.

Brooke
06-30-2012, 12:01 PM
Wow, VA! We could sure use some of the rain without the storms. We have been having 100+ temps here since Wednesday. Our thermometer actually said 107 on Thursday, but I think it is a couple degrees warmer than it should say. 103 yesterday too. Thankfully, our ac is working. It is also very dry here. The crops that were doing so well are now stressing with the extreme heat.

zeldabjr
07-03-2012, 09:15 PM
It's been raining most of the time since early afternoon...actually feels good

Brooke
07-04-2012, 04:03 PM
102 F and muggy. :scowl:

BramwenR
07-05-2012, 03:28 AM
Freezing and raining again. And I mean, freezing!!! :unimpressed:

Koala
07-06-2012, 02:08 AM
Wet and cold!:-x

EaglesKiwi
07-06-2012, 06:10 AM
We have had several days of cold and rain, but today has been clear and sunny. Okay, it's still been cold, but a sunny day in winter down here is a gift to be appreciated!

The downside to cold weater is spending all day in the aircon at work, which dries my hair out and it's static-city. Ack! Still, it's fine weather for the weekend so I'll go back to feeling grateful!

VAisForEagleLovers
07-06-2012, 08:56 AM
Entering day 15 of temps above 95 here in DC. Today and tomorrow to be above 100 again. Does anyone know of a 'roasting' smiley icon?

TimothyBFan
07-06-2012, 09:11 AM
HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are going to be over 100 again today and still no rain!! Extreme drought and it's getting a bit scary. I guess temp is to drop to 99 tomorrow and then into the mid 80s Sunday and stay that way for a few days but this is just ridiculous!!!!

Brooke
07-06-2012, 09:21 AM
Agreed! It's awful!

I feel so sorry for anyone that has to work outside in this, my hubby and son included. They are starting at 6 am instead of 7 so they can get off earlier. They are building a new house and are in a hole in the ground pouring footings...........:ack:

zeldabjr
07-06-2012, 09:27 AM
we are supposed to be near 90 today...for us that is really hot...and things aren't air conditioned here...but not complaining...when I see what so many of you are going through...feel really bad for farmers and people working outside...stay safe...thinking cool thoughts for all!!

prayfordaylight
07-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Entering day 15 of temps above 95 here in DC. Today and tomorrow to be above 100 again. Does anyone know of a 'roasting' smiley icon?

We could use one here! Preparing for another weekend spent in my air conditioned apartment avoiding the outdoors.

Brooke
07-06-2012, 03:48 PM
Roasting here again today-104 F right now! http://www.anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/shine.gif

VAisForEagleLovers
07-06-2012, 03:50 PM
Roasting here again today-104 F right now! http://www.anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/shine.gif

Hmmm. A smiley where the sun is happy happy happy to be scorching us. How appropriate.