PDA

View Full Version : Live in Dublin, 1992

groupie2686
01-29-2018, 11:16 AM
I was listening to Glenn's live album in my car while driving around on Saturday and then watched the DVD when I got home. Does anyone know if this was filmed over more than one night? On the CD, when introducing The One You Love, he says it is from his first solo album and introduces Al Garth. On the DVD, however, he says something totally different, something like "this is for anyone who's ever been in love." On the CD, when introducing Wild Mountain Thyme, he mentions The Byrds, but on the DVD, he doesn't. There are other examples too. I'm guessing it probably was filmed over more than one night, as these things usually are, but when I looked it up, it just said it was filmed on July 8, 1992.

On a side note, how many of Glenn's solo band musicians became part of the Eagles back-up band? I recognized Al Garth and Christian Mostert, but I didn't recognize the others.

Freypower
01-29-2018, 05:34 PM
I was listening to Glenn's live album in my car while driving around on Saturday and then watched the DVD when I got home. Does anyone know if this was filmed over more than one night? On the CD, when introducing The One You Love, he says it is from his first solo album and introduces Al Garth. On the DVD, however, he says something totally different, something like "this is for anyone who's ever been in love." On the CD, when introducing Wild Mountain Thyme, he mentions The Byrds, but on the DVD, he doesn't. There are other examples too. I'm guessing it probably was filmed over more than one night, as these things usually are, but when I looked it up, it just said it was filmed on July 8, 1992.

On a side note, how many of Glenn's solo band musicians became part of the Eagles back-up band? I recognized Al Garth and Christian Mostert, but I didn't recognize the others.

Some comments were edited on either the DVD or the CD. I suspect it was the DVD which was edited to run for 90 minutes precisely. As far as I know it was filmed on one night.

Only Al ,Christian and Greg Smith (baritone sax) were ever in the Eagles' backup band.

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/band/greggsmith.htm

groupie2686
01-29-2018, 09:54 PM
Thank you, FP! That explains why the comments were different.

Pippinwhite
04-06-2018, 06:58 PM
Live in Dublin is now available in its entirety on Spotify. Yay!:inlove:

luciknight
04-06-2018, 09:50 PM
One thing I will never understand why he performed a short version of PEF... when this song is already kinda short.
1 min longer and they couldn't release the DVD?

I can understand Lyin' Eyes cos it was "mixed" with TIE, but PEF was all by itself...

Ive always been a dreamer
04-09-2018, 01:35 PM
luci - I don't recall that there was a shortened version of PEF on the DVD. I may be misremembering though since it's been a while since I listened to it. Anyway, I'll have to check it out again soon to refresh my memory. My, my - our work never ends here. :wink:

GlennLover
04-09-2018, 07:53 PM
If I remember correctly, I think is was shorter too. Good excuse to watch it again!

luciknight
04-09-2018, 09:16 PM
yup, it's short.

04-09-2018, 11:28 PM
Well - I totally don't remember that. Not that I don't believe y'all, but I think I'd better watch it again to confirm. :lol:

Glennsallnighter
07-08-2019, 05:48 AM
One thing I will never understand why he performed a short version of PEF... when this song is already kinda short.
1 min longer and they couldn't release the DVD?

I can understand Lyin' Eyes cos it was "mixed" with TIE, but PEF was all by itself...

Yes it was definitely a shorter version - The first and last verses but the middle verse and the bridge left out. I imagine he was on a strict time management plan to get the most into the DVD.

Glennsallnighter
07-08-2019, 06:02 AM
Well it was this night in 1992 that this concert was performed and recorded although I think it was the following year before it was released. Ive just watched it in memory of the occasion and really it just showcases Glenn :heart: so well. The mix he chose is just so eclectic, old songs, new songs, solo hits and Eagles hits - he certainly had the ability to blend the songs together.

I cant help looking at the irony of today as well in the whats left of the Eagles will be playing their final concert of their European tour this evening, and according to reports its unlikely they will be back.

Glennsallnighter
07-08-2022, 02:42 PM
Imagine Glenn :heart: played that concert this night 30 years ago in Dublin. Way back in 1992. Dublin was a different city then. Everything was different. But his music is still the same.

07-10-2022, 04:39 PM
HAPPY 30TH ANNIVERSARY TO LIVE IN DUBLIN!!!

I absolutely love it!!! (Well d'oh!)

chaim
07-14-2022, 02:49 PM
Used to watch this often with my father.

WalshFan88
07-22-2022, 12:03 AM
I haven't watched this in a really long time. I plan to this weekend!