PDA

View Full Version : Rick and Morty - Is this Joe singing?

The Silk Scarf Monkey
04-02-2018, 03:49 PM
I caught up on my favourite series today and I was so shocked to find out one of my favourite songs was in there: In the City. I'm surprised that there hasn't been a young Eagles fan before who mentioned this, because the show is very popular among young adults. In response to the song being played in the intro, there is a whole discussion going on about who sings it: is it the show's creator Justin Roiland or Joe Walsh?

My first reaction was that it had to be Joe, because I'd say I recognize his voice anywhere, but so many people state that Justin Roiland sounds just like that. Also, whoever the singer is, he does some things I can't imagine Joe would do, very little details, so I would say it isn't him.

Another trivia I should mention is that Justin Roiland voiced the whole episode, so it would make sense if he sings the song too.

Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM17izXoEPM

YoungEaglesFan
04-02-2018, 03:57 PM
I’m familiar with the show but don’t watch. I’m pretty sure it’s Joe singing it. I couldn’t access the video from the link. I’d try using another one

The Silk Scarf Monkey
04-02-2018, 04:35 PM
Fixed it.

Edit: I have never heard this version before, so my next question would be where it's coming from...

buffyfan145
04-02-2018, 05:17 PM
I do know of the show but haven't watched it. That's awesome they're using the song. Sounds like Joe to me too and a live version like from those videos he posted of behind the scenes stuff from his most recent solo tour on Twitter.

sodascouts
04-02-2018, 07:04 PM
Yep - that's Joe.

The Silk Scarf Monkey
04-24-2018, 12:11 PM
Great. Initially I was so sure that it was Joe, just by relying on voice recognition, until fans of the show started writing me whole paragraphs with arguments on why it had to be Justin Roiland. If two groups of experts say the contrary of the other, even I get a little confused. ;)