PDA

View Full Version : Alan Frey Interviews with John Beaudin

GlennLover
04-06-2018, 06:46 AM
Got this in a Google alert. Part one of a radio interview with Glenn’s brother Alan reminiscing about the early days of Glenn’s career. He talks more about his own experience during two summers he spent in LA than actually about Glenn, but it’s interesting none the less. http://johnbeaudin.com/interview-glenn-freys-brother-alan-looks-back-at-the-eagles-early-days/

Pippinwhite
04-06-2018, 08:58 AM
Very interesting! Thanks so much for posting, GL!

My My
04-06-2018, 10:24 AM
I looked at the video earlier this morning, but didn't know how to link it. Evidently, there will be a second part next Thursday. There are some more cheesy print shirts in the pictures that scroll, Pippin!

Pippinwhite
04-06-2018, 10:44 AM
@MyMy -- You got that right! There's only one thing to say about it: Bless his heart. LOLOLOL.

Ive always been a dreamer
04-06-2018, 12:02 PM
Thanks so much for the link, GL. Don't have time to listen to this now, but you know I will!

GlennLover
04-06-2018, 03:39 PM
How do I get to the interview ? When I click the link it just says they will be doing part 2 of an interview with his brother.

Try this one. It’s the direct YouTube link:https://youtu.be/Grt6qDNbGKk

New Kid In Town
04-06-2018, 03:55 PM
GL - Thanks it worked the third time I tried it. Kind of a short interview. Hope the next one is longer. He does sound a little like Glenn though. I got a kick out of him saying their Mom sat down in the basement to make sure Glenn practiced his piano lessons.

GlennLover
04-07-2018, 12:54 AM
There are supposed to be 5 parts to the interview. I support it will be one a week for 5 weeks as the next one isn’t until Thursday & the one we heard was originally broadcast Thursday, April 5.

NKIT, I found the tidbit about Glenn’s Mom sitting with him amusing too.

Pippinwhite
04-07-2018, 01:12 AM
And not just sitting with him making him practice piano, but making him do his homework, too. LOLOL.

New Kid In Town
04-07-2018, 10:06 AM
Another thing about the interview I just thought of. Alan said he was 15 when he went out to LA for the summer to stay with Glenn. That would have made Glenn only 20-21 years-old. His parents must have really trusted him and he must have been very mature for his age for his parents to allow a 15 year-old spent the summer with him. And, he did it two more summers until he graduated HS. I found that interesting.

shunlvswx
04-12-2018, 09:48 AM
Part 2 of John Beaudin's interview with Alan Frey is out. I saw some pictures I've never seen before in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en2XBN_4OkM

04-12-2018, 01:29 PM
Thanks shun - Since there are multiple videos, I think I'm going to give them their own thread.

ETA: Done!

UndertheWire
04-13-2018, 04:15 AM
I'm going at a slight tangent here but I'm aware that we have at least one journalist here.

Some people are natural (or practiced) storytellers and you can just let the tape run. However, many people need help in constructing a coherent and interesting story. How do you do this? With someone like Alan Frey, how would you get him to tell the stories that we want to hear? Do you agree structure and content in advance? How do you get beyond the vague and general?

With the Alan Frey, I find that I want to know what it felt like to have a brother in a famous group? How did his friends react? Did he have any specific memories about the people he encountered at the Asylum office? What's the story behind his comment about his dissatisfaction with his life back in Michigan and that it lasted for 15 years? Was he musically inclined himself? When his parents allowed him to spend summers in LA, did they have any idea of the lifestyle? Did Glenn take care of him? Did it change the way his family lived? Did he go out on tour and how was that? What about the girls and the drugs?

OntheBorder74
04-13-2018, 07:53 AM
I'm going at a slight tangent here but I'm aware that we have at least one journalist here.

Some people are natural (or practiced) storytellers and you can just let the tape run. However, many people need help in constructing a coherent and interesting story. How do you do this? With someone like Alan Frey, how would you get him to tell the stories that we want to hear? Do you agree structure and content in advance? How do you get beyond the vague and general?

With the Alan Frey, I find that I want to know what it felt like to have a brother in a famous group? How did his friends react? Did he have any specific memories about the people he encountered at the Asylum office? What's the story behind his comment about his dissatisfaction with his life back in Michigan and that it lasted for 15 years? Was he musically inclined himself? When his parents allowed him to spend summers in LA, did they have any idea of the lifestyle? Did Glenn take care of him? Did it change the way his family lived? Did he go out on tour and how was that? What about the girls and the drugs?

I know what you mean but I think even though I would love answers o all those questions you have to be careful, if he is estranged from Glenn and hasnt done an interview on him before not to mention after his recent passing he may not be able to answer too many details about Glenn or their relationship. I really want to know more about Glenn pre-Eagles like late 60s when there was some struggle as I have heard so much about after their success

OntheBorder74
04-13-2018, 08:00 AM
Sorry to overpost but another thing I found interesting was that Glenn went to LA in 66 with three friends and they all returned and he stayed. Same thing happened with Richie Furay when he went to New York as Folkie with some friends I guess it separates the dreamers from the pack. Also interesting it took him a couple years or so before him and JD became a duo, I read it they only became a duo after leaving the two sisters they were seeing and getting their own place. cool to see how it all lines up in the chronology

New Kid In Town
04-13-2018, 09:18 AM
Sorry to overpost but another thing I found interesting was that Glenn went to LA in 66 with three friends and they all returned and he stayed. Same thing happened with Richie Furay when he went to New York as Folkie with some friends I guess it separates the dreamers from the pack. Also interesting it took him a couple years or so before him and JD became a duo, I read it they only became a duo after leaving the two sisters they were seeing and getting their own place. cool to see how it all lines up in the chronology

OTB - Glenn went to LA in 1967, stayed a few weeks and then went home to Michigan(he was in college). He did not move permanently to LA until late '68 or early '69.
As a side note, according to a story I read when Glenn passed, Alan was with him sitting vigil with Cindy and family when he died.

UTW - Agree with everything you said. That guy was a terrible interviewer. I also wondered if his parents knew what was going on when they let Alan stay for three summers. I don't think my parents would let me go.

Pippinwhite
04-13-2018, 09:34 AM
Well, when you're talking to someone who isn't really accustomed to talking to the media, and it's a phone interview (which I'm pretty sure this was), it's hard to establish the rapport you need to get someone to open up. Still, a good interviewer can usually do it.
I think Beaudin mentioned Alan contacted him because he's been more even-handed in his reporting about the Eagles, and Alan appreciated that. So it may have been a "let's get him on tape while he's willing to talk" kind of situation, and Beaudin may not have been as prepared with his questions as he should have been.
I suspect Alan, seeing big brother have such wild success in music, thought he'd try his hand, and it took him 15 years to figure out it might not work.
I ran across this picture last night, looking for a good one to post on the photo thread. I said, "Looks like Glenn, sort of, but it's not Glenn." No, it was Alan. But I think this pic answers a lot of questions.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/9e/4c/e0/9e4ce02d9f993db2fd320ce92cfacd1e.jpg

New Kid In Town
04-13-2018, 09:49 AM
Hi Pippin -That is his youngest brother Matt. He is discussed in a thread "The Third Brother". I remember reading somewhere that Alan went on tour with the Eagles when he was 18 working as a roadie. Glenn found out he was using coke and freaked out on him. There is a story somewhere in the threads about it. His brother Matt used to have a FB site for his band. They had a video where you could hear them play. They did not sound too good.
I would not be surprised if what you said is why Alan was so unsettled for 15 years. According to the story I read where Alan gave a short statement when Glenn passed, he works as a mechanic.

Pippinwhite
04-13-2018, 10:04 AM
@NKIT-- Thanks for the correction! Just goes to show you can't believe everything you read online! LOL. The person who posted this said it was Alan, and I didn't know any better. I hadn't seen it.

Somehow, that makes a lot of sense that Glenn would have a fit if he found out little bro was using. It tells you a lot about Glenn. Protective big brother. "I can do it because I KNOW what I'm doing, but YOU can't!"

I looked at this pic, though, and saw Matt plays a Takamine guitar, and if I'm not mistaken, that's Glenn's turquoise cuff on his left wrist. Or one just like it.

It has to be hard to want to do the music thing like your very famous sibling, but you're NOT your sibling. Mike McCartney, Paul's little brother, found that out, too. Talent like that doesn't often visit the same family more than once. It can happen, obviously, but it's not frequent.

NightMistBlue
04-13-2018, 10:52 AM

That struck me about Randy's journey as well: he went out to L.A. in 1966 with his band at the time. They went through very lean, hard times and over several years nearly everyone quit and drifted away except Randy. He kept hanging in there and eventually things turned around for him, but he still struggled for years. You get an idea about the determination needed to succeed as a musician.

NightMistBlue
04-13-2018, 10:55 AM
It has to be hard to want to do the music thing like your very famous sibling, but you're NOT your sibling. Mike McCartney, Paul's little brother, found that out, too. Talent like that doesn't often visit the same family more than once. It can happen, obviously, but it's not frequent.

Mick Jagger's brother too, and Paul Simon's brother. Not to mention everyone's kid who tries to follow Dad (or Mom) into what they wish could be the family business.

04-13-2018, 11:31 AM
Yep - I agree with UTW that a skilled interviewer should provide some structure for an unskilled interviewee so that he's not just rambling random thoughts. Maybe the remaining interviews will be better. I thought the first one was somewhat better than the second, but still ...

And I agree that I don't think many of us can understand and appreciate what it takes to make it in the entertainment industry as a whole. We tend to think it's easy as long as you have talent, but it takes a lot more than that. As the old saying goes, 'the cream rises to the top'.

Brooke
04-13-2018, 04:23 PM
Thanks for that GL! Interesting!

Delilah
04-13-2018, 04:56 PM
I think it’s so cool that Glenn’s brother was partly influenced to do this interview by watching Mr. Beaudin’s interview of Randy.

Hi Pippin -That is his youngest brother Matt. He is discussed in a thread "The Third Brother". I remember reading somewhere that Alan went on tour with the Eagles when he was 18 working as a roadie. Glenn found out he was using coke and freaked out on him. There is a story somewhere in the threads about it. His brother Matt used to have a FB site for his band. They had a video where you could hear them play. They did not sound too good.
I would not be surprised if what you said is why Alan was so unsettled for 15 years. According to the story I read where Alan gave a short statement when Glenn passed, he works as a mechanic.

I read that thread too awhile back and I remember it a little differently. Someone close to the family shared some memories about their younger days. Glenn’s brother was part of the Eagles road crew in L.A. but by the time he got back to Michigan he was addicted to coke. So it seems Glenn would have known he was using (?). I don’t want to say too much in case I get the brothers mixed up but there was an altercation in the home involving the brothers and the cops were called. A family dispute issue kind of thing.

Anyway, something that stuck in my mind was this family friend saying Randy was the nicest member of the Eagles. When the band were visiting Glenn’s family in Michigan, Randy helped the younger guys with a home movie.

NightMistBlue
04-13-2018, 05:17 PM
Anyway, something that stuck in my mind was this family friend saying Randy was the nicest member of the Eagles. When the band were visiting Glenn’s family in Michigan, Randy helped the younger guys with a home movie.

Oh, now I remember! Was that Matt? He said Randy took an interest in what they were doing.

Back to the John B interview: I haven't listened to part 2, but what's neat about John's relaxed, conversational style is that you get details that you wouldn't ordinarily get. Thus, the interview with Randy covers everything from his relationship with the other Eagles to antique shopping with his wife and feeding the deer that wander into his yard. Charming digressions that reveal unexpected things.

Pippinwhite
04-13-2018, 05:40 PM
Wish I could have had a long talk with Mrs. Frey before she passed to find out how often she threatened to strangle any/all of those boys. LOLOL.
She got divorced with a baby son in a time when that Was Not Done, which tells me she was a strong-minded lady. But when you have boys, you have to be willing to knock some heads together.
I know Glenn was close to his parents -- apparently, he assumed responsibility for their care, since Mrs. Frey passed in a retirement home in L.A. But his cousin, who's posted on here before, also said he paid for their grandmother's care in a nursing home.

New Kid In Town
04-13-2018, 05:41 PM
I think it’s so cool that Glenn’s brother was partly influenced to do this interview by watching Mr. Beaudin’s interview of Randy.
I read that thread too awhile back and I remember it a little differently. Someone close to the family shared some memories about their younger days. Glenn’s brother was part of the Eagles road crew in L.A. but by the time he got back to Michigan he was addicted to coke. So it seems Glenn would have known he was using (?). I don’t want to say too much in case I get the brothers mixed up but there was an altercation in the home involving the brothers and the cops were called. A family dispute issue kind of thi.

The guy who told the story was a childhood friend of Matt Frey. He talked about them making the movie in the Frey basement and them being together in a band. If I remember right, the guy said Alan pawned guitars belonging to Glenn. They got in a fight and the police were called. I can't remember if it was over the guitars. The guy talked about how nice Randy was. It's been a long time since I read the thread.

Pippinwhite
04-13-2018, 05:59 PM
@NKIT -- Pawning guitars would definitely be enough to cause a fight. Ouch.

shunlvswx
04-19-2018, 09:19 AM
Part 3 is up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJebBdQweec

Pippinwhite
04-19-2018, 09:37 AM
Thanks for posting, Shun! Yeah, Alan said what I've said a LOT about all the nasty posts: these guys were in their 20s, trying to handle that level of fame and the responsibilities, and it's not easy to do. As he said, "It's not the most mature age." And you say and do things when you're young and stupid that you wouldn't say/do when you're 45. Especially when you're young, stupid and doing WAY too much cocaine. That didn't help.

Hats off to John Beaudin for emphasizing he's not going to get into all the bashing on his channel. I know fans for all the bands he spotlights appreciate that.

04-19-2018, 12:28 PM
Thanks again, shun for posting these links and well said pippin. I thought this portion of the interview was a little more structured and interesting than part 2.

Brooke
04-19-2018, 02:11 PM
Thanks for posting that Shun. I enjoyed it too!

New Kid In Town
04-23-2018, 04:26 PM
Thanks again, shun for posting these links and well said pippin. I thought this portion of the interview was a little more structured and interesting than part 2.

I agree. The second part was all over the place.
Thank You for posting Shun.

shunlvswx
04-23-2018, 04:31 PM
I didn't want to bring this up, but is it me or does Alan sound a little like Joe.

New Kid In Town
04-23-2018, 04:35 PM
I didn't want to bring this up, but is it me or does Alan sound a little like Joe.

Shun - I kind of thought the same thing. I thought he would sound a little like Glenn - Nope !

shunlvswx
04-26-2018, 09:22 AM
Part 4 is up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0n9iMONzDM

Pippinwhite
04-26-2018, 09:41 AM
@shun -- Thanks again for posting! I really felt for him when he was talking about going to Glenn's service in LA. I know it must have been so tough.

shunlvswx
04-26-2018, 09:55 AM
I just noticed in the video that Eddie died last year. Oh no. I'm glad he's up there with his wife and Glenn probably keeping Glenn out of trouble.

Brooke
04-26-2018, 02:44 PM
Thanks Shun!

New Kid In Town
04-26-2018, 02:57 PM
Shun - Thanks for posting the interview. I also noticed it said Mr. Frey died in late 2017. All three are up there together now.
I really felt for Alan when he was talking about how hard the memorial was for him. Also, he said he was robbed and beat up getting out of his car two day before the memorial service. Did I hear him right when he said Henry D. had taken photos at the memorial ?
I don't know why the whole interview was not combined into one - it certainly is not that long. Thanks again Shun.

shunlvswx
04-26-2018, 03:12 PM
He did say that. I wonder if Henry will post them to the public, but I guess its up to Cindy for him to get permission to show those pictures.

That's sad about Alan being robbed and beaten two day before his brother's memorial service. That's just soo sad.

I was surprised Eddie lived for 4 more years. For some older couples, if their spouses die, they usually die soon after.

shunlvswx
05-03-2018, 09:29 AM
Part 5 is up. One more after this one. So he did 6 parts instead of 5.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTemYR7MYwc

New Kid In Town
05-03-2018, 10:17 AM
Thanks Shun

Pippinwhite
05-03-2018, 11:30 AM
@Shun -- Thanks so much! It was an interesting bit, especially when Alan was talking about Glenn insisting he get out from underneath his shadow. He wanted his brothers to have their own personal identities.

Brooke
05-03-2018, 01:48 PM
Thanks shun!

05-03-2018, 04:37 PM
Thanks again, shun. This segment was pretty interesting about how Glenn wanted his brothers to be their own men rather than a shadow of him. Glenn was a pretty sharp guy, for sure. :thumbsup:

UndertheWire
05-03-2018, 05:04 PM
It sounds like Alan Frey ended up feeling proud about what he'd achieved on his own.

shunlvswx
05-10-2018, 09:46 AM
Last part is up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKo5a7iW7ZI

Dawn
05-10-2018, 11:18 AM
Thank you Shun!

Gosh, it was hard to listen to these - just facing the reality of how much living Glenn had to do and the projects he was actively involved in which are most likely gone with him.

How I wish the play about the boy from the Midwest heading to LA and ultimately becoming a rock and roll star could still be done .... perhaps his family and close friends can make that happen because it is a remarkabe, timeless, inspirational story.

Many thanks to Glenn's dear brother for sharing his memories about his older brother. Much appreciated.

05-10-2018, 11:38 AM
Thanks for keeping on top of these, shun. Wow - this was the best of them all because it actually had some newsworthy stuff in it.

SPOILER ALERT!!! - Don't read any further if you want to listen to the interview first.

The band contacted Randy about joining the HOTE tour, but Randy didn't get back with them (I'm guessing because of his health issues).

Glenn was definitely planning to extend the HOTE tour before he became ill.

He was working on a play about a Midwestern kid who makes it big in Hollywood - sound familiar ??

He was working on his autobiography (which we already knew); but, Alan says it will probably never be finished now. :cry: (I still hold out hope that, one day, what he had written can be released in some format).

NightMistBlue
05-10-2018, 12:11 PM
The band contacted Randy about joining the HOTE tour, but Randy didn't get back with them (I'm guessing because of his health issues).

Gobsmacked about this. Poor, dear Randy.

Dawn
05-10-2018, 02:01 PM
Gobsmacked about this. Poor, dear Randy.

I second that emotion.

Brooke
05-10-2018, 02:08 PM
Glenn had so many plans....gone too soon. :cry:

So sorry Randy wasn't able to join them too.

New Kid In Town
05-10-2018, 02:39 PM
Glenn had so many plans....gone too soon. :cry:

So sorry Randy wasn't able to join them too.

Brooke - I agree. So sad in so many ways. Poor Randy, that would have been awesome if he could have taken part in the tour. :-(

Delilah
05-10-2018, 05:30 PM
That was a very nice interview, Shun, much appreciation for posting it. I wonder if the play about the young man from the Mid-West going to L.A. had anything to do with the Hotel California one. How much of the autobiography had been completed?

Hopefully some form of these projects do see the light of day.

It’s so sweet Alan still thinks of Randy as a brother and part of the band.

Pippinwhite
05-11-2018, 12:14 AM
@Shun -- Thanks again for posting the links to these interviews. I'm also sorry Randy couldn't join the band for the HOTE tour. But if you look at the clips of him in the documentary, it's clear he was in poor health. I hope he's in better shape, now.

It would be great if someone could do something to finish Glenn's autobiography. Maybe one day...

UndertheWire
05-11-2018, 05:18 AM
I have (slight) hopes that Cindy will engage someone to complete the (auto)biography. I know it wouldn't be a warts and all tale.

Did anyone else notice that Alan Frey expressed surprise about the falling out with Randy as he and Glenn were "buddies" with Randy?

05-11-2018, 12:02 PM
Yep, UTW - Alan did seem surprised. I think Randy was just tired at that point, plus, as he has said, he just wasn't cut out for the super-stardom that the band had achieved at that point.

groupie2686
05-11-2018, 01:32 PM
I have (slight) hopes that Cindy will engage someone to complete the (auto)biography. I know it wouldn't be a warts and all tale.

I would love for that to happen, but I doubt it. How sad that these projects will never get finished now.

Is there a picture of Alan Frey anywhere? I'm curious if there is a family resemblance. I've seen a picture of Matt and I didn't think he looked like Glenn at all.

shunlvswx
05-11-2018, 01:39 PM
I would love for that to happen, but I doubt it. How sad that these projects will never get finished now.

Is there a picture of Alan Frey anywhere? I'm curious if there is a family resemblance. I've seen a picture of Matt and I didn't think he looked like Glenn at all.

They show a picture of Glenn and Alan in the videos.

If Glenn had already started on his autobiography, how much is done? I wonder if Glenn kept a journal through the years. That could help too. I hope Cindy can get that finished. Since she's been with him for 25 years, maybe she could add something through those years when she and Glenn were together.

I think the autobiography can be finished. The question is how much of the info is already done or written down on paper to even get the ball rolling.

Pippinwhite
05-11-2018, 02:43 PM
@Groupie -- I think Matt looked more like Glenn as he got older. Alan looks a little like him. They may look more like the Frey side of the family. I'd like to see some pics of Alan when he was younger, though.

New Kid In Town
05-11-2018, 03:37 PM

Groupie - If you go back the interviews Shun posted there are pictures of Glenn and I believe Alan in Monday Night Football t-shirts.

Pippin - I agree, I think Matt looks more like Glenn. I saw a picture of Glenn and Alan from the 70's on pinterest. Alan had long blonde hair and looked a little like Glenn. Alan was about 20-22 and Glenn was about 25-27. However, I am not the best at judging people's ages. :blush:
Shun, a big thank You for coming through again with the interviews.

OntheBorder74
05-12-2018, 01:39 PM

Well damn, I guess there goes my dream of a glenn frey bio, its a shame he never really opened up even at the end, really got to admire that type of resolve, never got lured into revealing too much personal or private stuff, even that Detroit 2003 article about his upbringing was only allowed to be published after his passing I believe, him and henley stuck to their guns over their private life pretty well over 40 years never tempted like so many other rockers to tell their whole life story to every interviewer they meet!

groupie2686
05-13-2018, 12:13 AM
Well damn, I guess there goes my dream of a glenn frey bio, its a shame he never really opened up even at the end, really got to admire that type of resolve, never got lured into revealing too much personal or private stuff, even that Detroit 2003 article about his upbringing was only allowed to be published after his passing I believe, him and henley stuck to their guns over their private life pretty well over 40 years never tempted like so many other rockers to tell their whole life story to every interviewer they meet!

Really? I've read the 2003 Detroit article...that didn't come out until after his death? I'd love a bio of Glenn, official or not...I love reading biographies and there's so much about Glenn I'd like to know.

YoungEaglesFan
05-13-2018, 02:17 AM
Thanks for keeping on top of these, shun. Wow - this was the best of them all because it actually had some newsworthy stuff in it.

SPOILER ALERT!!! - Don't read any further if you want to listen to the interview first.

Glenn was definitely planning to extend the HOTE tour before he became ill.

He was working on a play about a Midwestern kid who makes it big in Hollywood - sound familiar ??

He was working on his autobiography (which we already knew); but, Alan says it will probably never be finished now. :cry: (I still hold out hope that, one day, what he had written can be released in some format).

Gosh I wonder why Glenn had wanted to extend the tour. It was already a very long one, and unless they brought back say Randy or Felder I can’t see why. It took a big toll on a lot of them. The autobiography thing saddens me so much

05-13-2018, 01:25 PM
My guess, based on their past history, is that they would have taken a long rest after July, 2015, then, perhaps scheduled a few more dates in the fall. After that, the band would have probably had their annual meeting in January, 2016 and decided what they wanted to do from there. There were also rumors before Glenn passed that they were considering some residencies.

CAinOH
05-31-2018, 10:19 AM
How I wish the play about the boy from the Midwest heading to LA and ultimately becoming a rock and roll star could still be done .... perhaps his family and close friends can make that happen because it is a remarkabe, timeless, inspirational story.

Quoting Dawn here because I came across this article from online Daily Tribune, a Detroit newspaper. The article is about the Eagles concert there last October, and it features a short interview with Joe Walsh.

Here's the link to the entire article:
http://www.dailytribune.com/arts-and-entertainment/20171023/eagles-fly-into-the-late-glenn-freys-home-town

But here's the part that applies to Dawn's quote:

Meanwhile, the stage musical based on the group’s “Hotel California” album that Frey was helming continues to develop, though Henley notes “that’s going to be a two- or three-year project.”

Yeah, I don't get that they're talking to Joe, yet all of a sudden Don gets a nod without any notation as to where that piece of information is coming from. But, I thought it was interesting that there was mention of it, at least.

A little concerned that apparently Henley is in charge of it now...? Whatever.

Brooke
05-31-2018, 01:03 PM
Yeah, with Don at the helm 2 or 3 years will probably turn in to 5 or 10 years, if ever since he wasn't all that excited about it in the first place. :brickwall:

Delilah
05-31-2018, 01:59 PM
I believe the Daily Tribune article was posted awhile back somewhere (in one of the concert threads?). There was another article posted in Don’s press thread where the project was described as being based on the band’s entire catalog but mostly on the HC album.

I agree with Brooke that with Henley spearheading the musical, it could be several years before it is completed. But who else would be better qualified or knowledgeable to handle such an enterprise?

This is probably a topic that should have its own thread.