PDA

View Full Version : Brewer and Shipley (!)

peneumbra
04-13-2018, 03:51 PM
Remember these guys? One Toke Over The Line? Fifty States Of Freedom? Tarkio Road?

Great Band!:guitar:

NightMistBlue
04-13-2018, 04:08 PM
Tom Shipley wrote a trippy single for The Poor, one of Randy Meisner's pre-Eagles bands. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqYNMRqtB2Y

peneumbra
05-10-2018, 10:57 PM
The Weird Radio here in FLG plays, not only Brewer & Shipley hits, but stuff that nobody's heard for a million years...:grooving:

Delilah
05-11-2018, 10:09 AM
“She’s Got the Time (She’s Got the Changes)” should have been a big hit for them. Brewer said in an interview that a DJ strike in L.A. probably kept the song from going higher than #133.

What is Weird Radio— is that an actual station? 📻 (sorry if that’s a dumb question and I’m being dense).

NightMistBlue
05-11-2018, 02:40 PM
I was wondering where FLG is.

Delilah
05-11-2018, 03:06 PM
I was wondering where FLG is.

Flagstaff? That’s one of his locations.

peneumbra
05-14-2018, 03:11 AM
Flagstaff is a city of about 70,000 located at 7,000 feet, 80 miles from the South Rim of Grand Canyon National Park. Home to Northern Arizona University and Lowell Observatory, where the planet - pardon me, ex-planet - Pluto was discovered.

Flagstaff has grown a lot in the 24 years we've owned a home here, and not necessarily for the better. Too much traffic, too many trains (we're on the main east-west line of Burlington Northern Santa Fe RR, which means roughly 40 trains a day pass through the middle of town), and too many suburbanites from Phoenix, L.A., etc. Well, not L.A., but… oh, skip it.

The Weird Radio is a local FM station owned by some guy from South Dakota, I think, that has no commercials, no back announcements, nothing but really cool music and the required station I.D. every 15 minutes. I don't know who programs it, but the station plays all kinds of obscure tracks (like the aforementioned Brewer & Shipley, Poco, Moody Blues, Doors, New Riders, etc. etc.); not the songs you hear on the "Classic Rock" outlets but the B sides, album oddities… you get the idea.:razz:

Delilah
05-14-2018, 10:20 AM
Thanks, peneumbra, sounds cool! :thumbsup: