travlnman2
04-17-2018, 08:35 PM
The least controversial First Lady has died today at 92. RIP:angel:

sodascouts
04-17-2018, 09:12 PM
Aw. RIP! Prayers for the Bush family.

Ive always been a dreamer
04-18-2018, 12:18 PM
This is very sad, but what a wonderful and remarkable life she had. I'm not sure I would agree that she was the least controversial because she was known to be very outspoken at times. However, she would speak her mind in a non-confrontational manner and that's a trait that I admired in her. However, there is no doubt that she was a beloved and respected figure in our country. Of course, my heart goes out to the entire Bush family.

Brooke
04-18-2018, 02:28 PM
RIP Barbara Bush. A remarkable and admired First Lady! :sad:

Delilah
04-18-2018, 05:28 PM
RIP Mrs. Bush. What an experience it must have been to have a husband and son serve as President (and could very well have a grandson, George P. Bush, serve as well). Many condolences to her family for their loss.

I would say Lady Bird Johnson was the least controversial First Lady in modern times.

WalshFan88
04-18-2018, 09:27 PM
RIP to the former First Lady, Barbara Bush.

My family and I are staunch democrats and Clinton/Obama people, but she was a good First Lady and you have to give credit where it is due regardless of party.

shunlvswx
04-19-2018, 10:35 AM
RIP to Mrs. Bush. I was 8 when her husband became president in 1988.

My local newspaper cartoonist did a drawing of Ms. Bush reuniting with her daughter she lost to cancer at the age of 3. It was a beautiful and emotional drawing. The drawing has been posted everywhere and the Bush family even loved the drawing. He gave the original to the Bush family.

https://www.today.com/parents/cartoon-barbara-bush-reuniting-late-daughter-brings-great-comfort-t127340

My My
04-19-2018, 03:42 PM
Thanks for posting the link, Shun. I saw the cartoon drawing on the Today Show this morning and thought it was very touching. RIP

Brooke
04-20-2018, 02:37 PM
I saw that too, Shun. Such a sweet image. I can't even imagine the heartbreak of losing a child.

Witchy Woman
04-20-2018, 11:49 PM
I am a staunch Democrat, but Mrs. Bush seemed to be a decent and kind lady. What a long, wonderful life she had !! RIP.

Dawn
04-21-2018, 01:16 PM
RIP to Mrs. Bush. I was 8 when her husband became president in 1988.

My local newspaper cartoonist did a drawing of Ms. Bush reuniting with her daughter she lost to cancer at the age of 3. It was a beautiful and emotional drawing. The drawing has been posted everywhere and the Bush family even loved the drawing. He gave the original to the Bush family.

https://www.today.com/parents/cartoon-barbara-bush-reuniting-late-daughter-brings-great-comfort-t127340

Thank you Shun. I just watched the TODAY show interview linked with Barbara Bush and her grandaughter Jenna talking about the loss of Robin and how donating her body to research was so important. The tour of St. Jude's was heartwarming, so many children have benefited from their care and treatment. Barbara Bush was a lovely lady.

New Kid In Town
04-23-2018, 01:16 PM
RIP Mrs. Bush. She led a remarkable, full life.

Shun, that cartoon brought tears to my eyes. There must be nothing more painful than loosing a child. My heart goes out to the Bush family at this time.