PDA

View Full Version : Where to find Glenn's solo albums

groupie2686
04-27-2018, 07:52 PM
I'm still missing some of Glenn's solo albums and when I went on Amazon, to my surprise, No Fun Aloud and Strange Weather were out of print and sold at ridiculous prices. I've been slowly building my collection and had always assumed the albums would be there when I was ready to buy them. I see they're available on iTunes, but I like the artwork that comes with a CD. Does anyone know where to find them? I'm so disappointed.

Freypower
04-27-2018, 08:03 PM
Have you tried ebay?

I have to say you are not really missing any artwork from either of those CDs. The packaging is very basic, especially Strange Weather. Perhaps you should just get them on iTunes.

Glennsallnighter
04-30-2018, 07:50 AM
I have gotten mine on eBay often very cheap - much less than store prices. I was in a Better Buy in LA in 2016 and picked up a new copy of Solo Collection and also a new Cass County very cheap. (about $5 each)

Ive always been a dreamer
04-30-2018, 11:43 AM
Good luck, groupie. I agree that ebay may be your best bet. I prefer CDs too.

groupie2686
04-30-2018, 01:59 PM
Thanks, everyone! I haven't checked ebay yet. I may have to buy them from iTunes, but I still like the CDs for my car and I like the books that come with CDs. I've bought a few albums from iTunes (for other bands) and somehow it's not the same. I couldn't believe they were out of print, is there no interest anymore?

Freypower
04-30-2018, 07:36 PM
Thanks, everyone! I haven't checked ebay yet. I may have to buy them from iTunes, but I still like the CDs for my car and I like the books that come with CDs. I've bought a few albums from iTunes (for other bands) and somehow it's not the same. I couldn't believe they were out of print, is there no interest anymore?

They didn't ever sell that well. That's the brutal truth.

I thought when he died some effort was going to be made to re-release the solo albums but nothing was done until this new box set which, as has been pointed out, includes virtually nothing from No Fun Aloud.

Delilah
04-30-2018, 09:03 PM
This is another website to order online. This is my go-to source for all things music.

https://www.discogs.com/search/?q=glenn+frey&type=all

groupie2686
05-02-2018, 01:04 PM
Thanks, Delilah! That looks like a great site, I'll check it out!

FP - that's a shame. I was excited for the box set at first, thinking I would finally get the albums I was missing, but it is disappointing. No Fun Aloud in particular is extremely hard to find.

CAinOH
05-11-2018, 08:41 PM
Strange Weather should be pretty easy to find. But for some reason, No Fun Aloud, the CD, is going for some high prices on eBay (okay, high for me, but I may be a cheapskate) on eBay. If you're looking for vinyl, you can still get a good deal.

Good luck!

groupie2686
05-12-2018, 11:18 AM
Strange Weather should be pretty easy to find. But for some reason, No Fun Aloud, the CD, is going for some high prices on eBay (okay, high for me, but I may be a cheapskate) on eBay. If you're looking for vinyl, you can still get a good deal.

Good luck!

Thank you! The prices on eBay are high for me too. As much as I want it, $50 for a CD is too steep for me. People put things up for sale all the time, so I'm hoping one day I'll find an affordable one.

New Kid In Town
05-12-2018, 11:39 AM
Thank you! The prices on eBay are high for me too. As much as I want it, $50 for a CD is too steep for me. People put things up for sale all the time, so I'm hoping one day I'll find an affordable one.

Hi Groupie - Have you tried a vintage record store in the City. I'm sure there has to be some in the city somewhere. I have a friend who found quite a few records(not sure about cd's) from the 70's and early 80's at a record store near her.

groupie2686
05-13-2018, 12:02 AM
Hi Groupie - Have you tried a vintage record store in the City. I'm sure there has to be some in the city somewhere. I have a friend who found quite a few records(not sure about cd's) from the 70's and early 80's at a record store near her.

Hi New Kid - that's a good idea, I haven't tried that yet. I was in a vintage record store about a year ago and didn't think to look then - I got a kick out of seeing Hotel California and On the Border in vinyl though!