PDA

View Full Version : Bob Seger To Resume Tour

CAinOH
05-21-2018, 06:18 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/bob-seger-heading-back-on-tour-a-year-after-medical-derailment/ar-AAxA5lM

Wish him the best. I'm married to a guy with a bad back (been broken by a car accident and a horse accident) and fused vertebrae, and there are just days where it's hard for him to even think about moving too far or too fast.

Funny: somehow I think there will be more mention of a tribute to Glenn Frey on Seger's tour than there's been with the Eagles.

Dawn
05-21-2018, 10:00 PM
Wishing Bob and the band all the best!!

Brooke
05-22-2018, 12:34 PM
Yay for Bob! Evidently his recovery took much longer than anticipated!

WalshFan88
05-22-2018, 02:34 PM
Funny: somehow I think there will be more mention of a tribute to Glenn Frey on Seger's tour than there's been with the Eagles.

Oh absolutely, I'd bet on that.

So glad Bob is doing better. I love him in concert a couple years ago. Great show.

Ive always been a dreamer
05-22-2018, 03:38 PM
Yep - sad, but true, CinO. I am so glad Bob is well enough to resume his tour.

East Texas Girl
05-22-2018, 05:08 PM
So glad Bob has started rescheduling his tour!! But he has not announced the new dates for his Texas shows, bummed. I am hoping those dates are released shortly and it does not conflict with any plans we already have.

Brooke
12-04-2018, 05:06 PM
My brother went to see Bob in St. Louis Saturday night. Said it was awesome and he did a tribute to several of the musicians lost recently including Glenn. He sang Bob Dylan's Forever Young while several of the artists pictures were on the screen behind him.

Here's a link: https://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/arts-and-theatre/reviews/bob-seger-delivers-a-memorable-farewell-concert-to-his-st/article_2723c008-7922-5722-b846-e4057370d90f.html

I'm surprised he didn't do any of his songs from his most recent album.

sodascouts
12-04-2018, 11:50 PM
My brother went to see Bob in St. Louis Saturday night. Said it was awesome and he did a tribute to several of the musicians lost recently including Glenn. He sang Bob Dylan's Forever Young while several of the artists pictures were on the screen behind him.

Here's a link: https://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/arts-and-theatre/reviews/bob-seger-delivers-a-memorable-farewell-concert-to-his-st/article_2723c008-7922-5722-b846-e4057370d90f.html

I'm surprised he didn't do any of his songs from his most recent album.

I've never gone to a Seger concert but now, I'm considering it.

CAinOH
12-05-2018, 09:16 AM
I've never gone to a Seger concert but now, I'm considering it.

He's going to be in Columbus in January. I want to go so bad (even thought I hate driving around Columbus). But... January in Columbus in Ohio. Yeah, not sure that's a good idea. Cincinnati? I would definitely do that.

Brooke
12-05-2018, 03:43 PM
Oh my gosh, he's really fantastic in concert! Go if you can!

This is supposed to be his last tour, but you know that's what they all say! :wink:

CAinOH
12-16-2018, 03:41 PM
This is a link to a Facebook post, so I don't know if it will work. (I downloaded the video, but I'm not sure how to share it. Screencast wants to embed a video player with it.) Bob Seger's in memoriam tribute during his concert. And, yes... you're going to want to watch it until the end.

https://www.facebook.com/dillon.petersen.33/videos/2247205678624581/

(If too many people have problems watching it, I'll try to figure someone out.)

ETA: This link should open up another window where you can watch the video sans Facebook. The video previews sideways but plays in the proper orientation.

http://www.screencast.com/t/GAS3nEahp

Dawn
12-16-2018, 06:02 PM
This is a link to a Facebook post, so I don't know if it will work. (I downloaded the video, but I'm not sure how to share it. Screencast wants to embed a video player with it.) Bob Seger's in memoriam tribute during his concert. And, yes... you're going to want to watch it until the end.

https://www.facebook.com/dillon.petersen.33/videos/2247205678624581/

(If too many people have problems watching it, I'll try to figure someone out.)

ETA: This link should open up another window where you can watch the video sans Facebook. The video previews sideways but plays in the proper orientation.

http://www.screencast.com/t/GAS3nEahp

Thank you so much for posting this CAinOH!!! I absolutely loved it all and especially the ending.

Just beautiful.

Dawn

12-16-2018, 06:40 PM
^^^ What she said!

WalshFan88
12-16-2018, 07:15 PM
Thank you CA!

sodascouts
12-17-2018, 12:29 AM
That was so wonderful. Thanks!!

New Kid In Town
12-17-2018, 09:13 AM
CA thanks for posting the link. If anyone has problems with the link, it is post on the Fastlane's FB page. Maybe that will work.
Thank God for Bob, his love and friendship for Glenn is so touching.

I would love to see Bob but I do not see any NY/NJ shows listed. :sad:

12-18-2018, 01:30 PM
Both of CA's links worked fine for me.

As I've said before, seeing Bob in concert has been on my bucket list for a very long time. I have always loved his music, even before I realized there was a 'Glenn' connection. I have been checking the tour dates diligently for this tour, but nothing close to me has been announced - he's not doing hardly any shows on the East coast so far. So, a couple of weeks ago, I came across a couple of fairly decent tickets at a fairly decent price for the show in Columbus, OH on January 19th. It occurred to me that it is a holiday weekend, so I immediately picked up the phone and called Soda to see if she wanted to go. So, we grabbed the tickets and are headed north. I'm driving and Soda is flying on Friday, which just so happens to be the 3rd anniversary of Glenn's passing. Of course, we're crossing our fingers and toes that the weather will cooperate. We're planning on driving up to Cleveland on Sunday, January 20th. Any other Borderers want to try to meet up with us in Columbus or Cleveland? If so, you can either post here or PM either myself or Soda. It would be great to meet up with some old and/or new friends.

Dawn
12-18-2018, 01:37 PM
Awesome news Dreamer!!! Wish I lived within travel distance Id love to meet up with you, Soda and any other Borderers able to go. Alas, I'm on the West Coast these days. Perhaps another time and place!

Have a great time, can't wait for the reviews! I know this will be a fun and memorable concert!

Allbest,

Dawn

CAinOH
12-18-2018, 03:14 PM
Both of CA's links worked fine for me.

As I've said before, seeing Bob in concert has been on my bucket list for a very long time. I have always loved his music, even before I realized there was a 'Glenn' connection. I have been checking the tour dates diligently for this tour, but nothing close to me has been announced - he's not doing hardly any shows on the East coast so far. So, a couple of weeks ago, I came across a couple of fairly decent tickets at a fairly decent price for the show in Columbus, OH on January 19th. It occurred to me that it is a holiday weekend, so I immediately picked up the phone and called Soda to see if she wanted to go. So, we grabbed the tickets and are headed north. I'm driving and Soda is flying on Friday, which just so happens to be the 3rd anniversary of Glenn's passing. Of course, we're crossing our fingers and toes that the weather will cooperate. We're planning on driving up to Cleveland on Sunday, January 20th. Any other Borderers want to try to meet up with us in Columbus or Cleveland? If so, you can either post here or PM either myself or Soda. It would be great to meet up with some old and/or new friends.

You guys are going to the Columbus show?????!!!!!

Okay, that seals it... I need to get tickets!

Dawn
12-18-2018, 03:48 PM

Allright CAinOH - go for it! You will be glad you did! Bob S. AND Dreamer and Soda? Please. I'm positively thrilled for you all!

Dawn

12-19-2018, 12:45 PM

That'll be awesome, Cheryl. Keep us posted when you get a ticket. We can definitely make plans to meet up no matter what. So far, we don't have any plans for Saturday during the day, but I was going to check things out after Christmas. Since you are close by, maybe you can give us some ideas of things to do in the Columbus area. Looking forward to meeting you!

sodascouts
12-21-2018, 12:08 PM

Please come! I would love to meet you in person!

DiscoStrangler
01-31-2019, 12:47 PM
Saw him in Ft. Wayne 2 weeks ago. Awesome show! He added songs that he took off of the setlist years ago such as "Still The Same" and "Shame On The Moon". He also did a great cover of Bob Dylan's "Forever Young", which included pictures if Glenn, Tom Petty, Aretha Franklin, and more.

Brooke
01-31-2019, 03:19 PM
Very cool, DS! Love Bob and Forever Young is my favorite Dylan song! And I'm sure I would like Bob's version better!

Brooke
06-11-2019, 01:36 PM
Ok, ladies, I know some of you just went to see Bob! Please write up a review! I'm wanting to go see him this fall as he has extended his 'final' tour and would love to hear all about it!

:pray: :smile:

sodascouts
06-14-2019, 03:40 PM
Sorry it took so long to reply! I've come down sick again. It seems I can't travel without coming down with something.

The show was great - definitely worth going to. Everyone was standing and singing along pretty much the whole time. He was really energetic. For me, the highlight of the night was "Ramblin' Gamblin' Man" - not only because of the Glenn connection, but because people were literally dancing in the aisles (including me) - it's fantastic live! Other highlights were "Old Time Rock and Roll," "Turn the Page," and "We've Got Tonight."

He mentioned Glenn a few times and during "Forever Young," talked about him when introducing the song and featured him prominently on a slide show with three different photos at the end. Unfortunately, I was sat so far to the side that I couldn't see the back screen, so make sure you get a seat where you can see that as it won't be shown on the side screens necessarily (I had to get up and run to a spot where I could see it).

Most movingly for me, Glenn's "Wild Mountain Thyme" from his Live album was played over the loudspeakers as we exited, so the last thing we heard was his voice, and people cheering him. :heart:

I'm so glad I made the trip!

Only one problem: don't buy a T-shirt. They're made from the cheapest material I've ever seen for a concert tee, and the one I bought ripped before I even left the house in it. I'm trying to get it replaced but so far, there's been no reply to my inquiry.

Brooke
06-14-2019, 04:30 PM
Thanks Soda! I knew you would enjoy it! I sure hope I get to go!

Bummer about your t-shirt though! I've bought many a concert t-shirt that turns out to be too small and I've bought mediums, and I'm usually a size small. The ladies tees especially. Don't they know we aren't skinny teenagers anymore? At least I'm not! Really, the fabric is thin and cut so narrow! Ok, rant over! :lol:

sodascouts
06-14-2019, 04:35 PM
Thanks Soda! I knew you would enjoy it! I sure hope I get to go!

Bummer about your t-shirt though! I've bought many a concert t-shirt that turns out to be too small and I've bought mediums, and I'm usually a size small. The ladies tees especially. Don't they know we aren't skinny teenagers anymore? At least I'm not! Really, the fabric is thin and cut so narrow! Ok, rant over! :lol:

Seriously! I was just telling Houston Baby the other day that I have a drawerful of T-shirts from concerts that are hugely unflattering, and that I will never wear. I think the worst one of all is Timothy's white Leap of Faith T-shirt that came with the CD bundle. That one looks absolutely appalling on me. I should sell them but I'm too lazy.

In this case, it actually looked pretty good on me before it ripped, though! That's the saddest thing of all!

06-15-2019, 12:24 PM
First of all, I'm sorry you are under the weather, Soda. I'm glad I made the trip as well, especially after my fiasco in January when I drove all the way to Columbus, OH to see Bob and Soda never made it at all because her flight was cancelled. I ended up eating the tickets when I had to turn around and drive back home the very next morning because of the weather - by far, my most disastrous trip ever. But, enough of that - let's get on to the show ...

I agree with Soda - Bob was awesome and puts his heart and soul into every song. I was amazed at his energy level. His shows are the kind where the audience sings along loudly with most all of the songs. So, if you are one that is bothered by this, I wouldn't recommend you go. However, sometimes Bob just stops and lets the audience sing, so I guess it gives him a bit of a break.

Anyway, I loved the set list. The only song I was expecting him to do that he didn't was Shakedown. However, because of traffic delays getting to the venue, Bob didn't come on stage until 8:45 so I was glad that was the only song that he dropped. The songs that Soda mentioned were highlights for me as well - but I'll also add Shame On the Moon, Hollywood Nights, Night Moves, Still the Same, and my all-time favorite, Against the Wind. They were all just awesome. I was also amazed at the number of musicians Bob has on the stage. He has more than the Eagles. And just as an FYI, Laura Creamer is one of his three girl back-up singers.

And what a true friend Bob was/is to Glenn. He really pays tribute to Glenn in the way he intersperses comments about him throughout the show. I would have loved to hear I Knew You When, but, as we have already mentioned, it was a real treat to hear Wild Mountain Thyme as we exited the arena.

Anyway, it looks as if he is going to schedule more dates for this tour, so for those who want to see him, I would strongly encourage you to go for it.

LuvTim
06-15-2019, 09:21 PM
Thank you for the reviews, ladies! So glad you had a good time. ​:-)

sodascouts
06-15-2019, 11:10 PM
Still the Same, and my all-time favorite, Against the Wind. They were all just awesome.

How could I forget these! A kind guard let me get closer during Against the Wind and it was amazing. A favorite of mine as well.

06-16-2019, 11:20 AM
I guess the same way I forgot to mention Forever Young in my post, Soda. It was a touching tribute to those who have left us. I particularly loved that it ended with the last slide being a picture of Glenn Frey Drive. And, no offense, to Bob Dylan fans, but I've never been a fan of his voice. Even though he wrote some incredible songs, I almost always would rather hear them sung by someone else. Bob (Seger) refers to Bob (Dylan) as the Mt. Everest of songwriters and he (Seger) did a wonderful job with the song - very touching.

WalshFan88
06-17-2019, 02:55 AM
How awesome! Bob is an original, and has stayed true to his roots. He defines rootsy raw rock and roll.

My favorite songs are the rockers (shocker, I know!) like Rock N' Roll Never Forgets, Sunspot Baby, Katmandu, etc. However, one of my favorite guitar solos of all time is on Mainstreet.

Dreamer, I agree with you about Dylan. He's a brilliant songwriter, but his voice is nails on a chalkboard to me. He sounds like he has the worst head cold imaginable when he sings, lol. I mean no harm to his fans.

As far as Shakedown, I don't know specifics but I don't think he's played that live for quite awhile. In fact, I don't know if he played it that much live. Maybe back in the 80s. He quit playing Like A Rock years ago because he no longer had a guitarist who he felt could do Rick Vito's slide guitar solo justice. It wasn't until he got Rob McNelley a couple years ago that he started doing it again, much to the delight of his fans, at least the ones that aren't salty Ford fanatics LOL! Chevy > Ford. Sorry. :lol: The Ford fanatics usually go to the bathroom during that song. I saw it happen at the show I was at a couple years ago. It's hilarious!

New Kid In Town
06-17-2019, 10:13 AM
I agree with you both. Bob Dylan is an incredible song writer. However, his voice gets on my nerves. I always loved when Joan B. song some of his songs. She took them to another level.

sodascouts
06-17-2019, 01:30 PM
Austin, he played "Main Street" during the show as well and it was fantastic!

Add me to the folks who like Dylan's songwriting better than his singing.

Brooke
06-24-2019, 03:28 PM
Great review, Dreamer! So glad you got to see him!

WalshFan88
06-24-2019, 09:02 PM
Austin, he played "Main Street" during the show as well and it was fantastic!

Add me to the folks who like Dylan's songwriting better than his singing.

Hands down one of the most soulful guitar solos IMO.

Glennsallnighter
09-06-2019, 06:01 PM
Bob has announced a few more 'Final' tour dates

Thu, Oct 24

TD Garden
Boston, MA

BULLET CLUB PRESALE STARTS 9/10 @ 10AM
GENERAL ON SALE STARTS 9/14 @ 10AM

Sat, Oct 26

Scotiabank Arena
Toronto, ON

Wed, Oct 30

Madison Square Garden
New York, NY

Fri, Nov 01

Wells Fargo Center
Philadelphia, PA

GENERAL ON SALE STARTS 9/14 @

Now I have a bit of a dilemma. Our family is considering taking a holiday in Boston during the midterm break in October. We were going to fly out on the 25th. I only have a half day on a Friday and it would be easy enough to get off work. Now you all can guess how my mind is working and I am seriously wondering if we can travel a day earlier instead and take in the Boston show........
I will also be taking a day in November to travel to Vets Aid and I don't want to draw too much attention to myself either.....

09-07-2019, 11:11 AM
GA - Do it if at all possible. Bob puts on a great show and you won't regret it. He also pay lovely homage to his late friend, Glenn. You can really feel the love.

Brooke
09-09-2019, 01:55 PM
Go if you can, Ga! Bob is awesome! I've only seen him once a few years ago, but it was fantastic!

I'm hoping to go in October if my brother comes up with tickets!

Glennsallnighter
09-10-2019, 10:32 AM
Ok I bit the bullet and managed to snag 4 tickets Floor A row 15. Is that good?

Houston Baby
09-11-2019, 12:50 PM
Sounds like great seats to me GA!!:yay:

Brooke
09-11-2019, 01:58 PM
Awesome, Ga! Have fun! He's so great!

09-11-2019, 08:57 PM
Awesome, GA! Good for you and the seats sound great! I don't think you'll regret it.

Brooke
09-19-2019, 02:09 PM
Got my tickets!!!!!! 3rd row!!!!!! So excited!!!! :blueblob:

Houston Baby
09-20-2019, 09:10 AM
​Awesome Brooke!!

sodascouts
09-26-2019, 12:58 AM

Fantastic! Have fun!

WalshFan88
09-27-2019, 05:29 AM
Have fun!

09-28-2019, 02:19 PM

Way to go, girl!

Brooke
10-03-2019, 01:29 PM
So I was searching for a setlist that Bob has done recently and Bob singing Bob Dylan's Forever Young came up and he dedicated to the recent artists that we've lost with pictures. Glenn is at the end and it literally brought me to tears. And I'm at work! :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure if he does it tonight I'll lose it. :cry:

Here's the link. Scroll down to the song and then click on the arrow on the right.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bob-seger-and-the-silver-bullet-band/2019/vivint-smart-home-arena-salt-lake-city-ut-539c17b5.html

sodascouts
10-05-2019, 03:17 PM
Such a moving tribute. The show is worth is just for that.

10-06-2019, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the review, Brooke. I'm glad you enjoyed the show. I know I certainly did and I wish I could see another one before Bob hangs it up for good. But, none of the upcoming shows are anywhere close to me and right now is not a good time for me to travel to any of these shows.

Brooke
01-10-2020, 02:09 PM
Bob has launched his own YouTube channel!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/music/2020/01/10/bob-seger-official-youtube-channel-night-moves-video/4431741002/?fbclid=IwAR14bMU1tDz2QptzHpsUeAYTFfiJ9SXMRxQy197E QJByAWjCDR9TFoQxeE8

Dare we hope that the Eagles might do something like this?

KingWalsh
01-11-2020, 09:00 AM
Very cool! I’d love to see it happen with the Eagles, Brooke. I wish they would loosen up on YouTube. I mean I get it to a point, but like I don’t understand with footage like “the long run” and “I can’t tell you why” promo vids (on dailymotion) and things like that...anyways happy Bob is doing this👍🏻