PDA

View Full Version : Hotel California Named Top 30 Of 12 String Guitar Songs of All Time

Dawn
05-22-2018, 05:38 PM
01. The Eagles, "Hotel California" Hotel California (1976)

"Yes, it's "Hotel California." What a nice surprise! Admit it: Don Felder's 12-string acoustic guitar intro (and every other note and chord he plays on this song) is, at this point, a part of our collective consciousness. This song, the ubiquitous soundtrack to 37 trillion barbecues, elevator rides and long trips through Joshua Tree and Yucca Valley, California, at 3 a.m., has never gone away—and probably never will."

Check out the other songs and artists at link below.

https://www.guitarworld.com/artists/top-30-12-string-guitar-songs-all-time

East Texas Girl
05-22-2018, 05:49 PM
Yay!!:applause:

YoungEaglesFan
05-22-2018, 06:01 PM
The intro definitely has a magical quality to it. I remember being excited getting my 12 string to play that song, but I couldn’t because my capo wouldn’t fit the neck. So when I finally got one, it was so cool to play that intro.

Brooke
05-23-2018, 11:52 AM
Awesomeness! :cool:

Ive always been a dreamer
05-23-2018, 12:25 PM
Very glad to see Hotel California take the top spot here - that doesn't happen often in these types of polls. However, I still have to scratch my head at some of the choices such as Stairway to Heaven in the #12 spot - I mean really? That song deserves to be way higher and I'm not even a Led Zeppelin fan.

groupie2686
05-23-2018, 02:01 PM
I am a Zeppelin fan and I don't get how Over the Hills and Far Away is ranked higher than Stairway to Heaven. Very happy Hotel California made it to #1 though!

WalshFan88
05-23-2018, 08:29 PM
As it should be.

chaim
05-23-2018, 10:39 PM
Very glad to see Hotel California take the top spot here - that doesn't happen often in these types of polls. However, I still have to scratch my head at some of the choices such as Stairway to Heaven in the #12 spot - I mean really? That song deserves to be way higher and I'm not even a Led Zeppelin fan.

The famous intro is played on a 6-string. The 12-string appears after the first few minutes. Perhaps that's why it's not higher on the list.

chaim
05-23-2018, 10:42 PM
I am a Zeppelin fan and I don't get how Over the Hills and Far Away is ranked higher than Stairway to Heaven. Very happy Hotel California made it to #1 though!

Perhaps the writer wanted to show that he knows slighlty more obscure Zeppelin songs as well. :mrgreen: