PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Bourdain Dead at 61

CAinOH
06-08-2018, 08:48 AM
Apparent suicide...
https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/08/us/anthony-bourdain-obit/index.html

cosec3791
06-08-2018, 10:56 AM
RIP. He was pretty influential to the industry. I watch Masterchef Australia, and many participants and judges seemed very sad.

Brooke
06-08-2018, 04:14 PM
So sad. I just don't get this suicide thing. Obviously money and fame don't make some happy. And to do this to your friends and family.....

RIP

shunlvswx
06-08-2018, 04:22 PM
RIP to Anthony. He came to my state a few years ago to do an episode for Parts Unknown. I still have that episode on my DVR.

I used to watch him as a guest judge on Bravo's show Top Chef.

Ive always been a dreamer
06-08-2018, 08:28 PM
This is so terribly heartbreaking and unbelievable. He was such an adventurous spirit. I loved his CNN show 'Parts Unknown'. It is such a shock that this man who appeared to have such an insatiable zest for life would take his own life. It just shows how complex human beings are - he appeared to have everything going for him, but apparently he was in a lot of pain that almost no one was aware of. My heart goes out to his daughter, family, and many fans and friends. He will be missed.

R.I.P. Tony

Witchy Woman
06-09-2018, 09:21 PM
Damn shame. I found a rad cheesesteak place down the road from me because of him. You never know what someone might be going through. RIP, Good Sir.

FreyFollower
06-09-2018, 11:01 PM
Damn shame. I found a rad cheesesteak place down the road from me because of him. You never know what someone might be going through. RIP, Good Sir.

Exactly, WW. So much pain is not evident to others, physical or emotional. I pray that others will seek help before resorting to such a final, tragic decision.
The Suicide Prevention Hotline is 1-800-273-8255. There is help out there. As Glenn's song says, "You Are Not Alone".
RIP, Anthony Bourdain, and God Bless others in a desperate state.

WalshFan88
06-09-2018, 11:20 PM
RIP. :(

peneumbra
06-10-2018, 03:05 AM
"There is but one serious philosophical problem, and that is suicide"
- Albert Camus

"I want to live forever, or die trying"
- Joseph Heller, Catch 22:-?

New Kid In Town
06-10-2018, 08:10 PM
I have to say I was beyond shocked when I heard he had died. I love NR and Parts Unknown. I always felt like I was being taken to places I would never get to. Just goes to show that money, talent and fame do not always bring happiness. RIP Tony - you will be missed.:weep:

Delilah
06-11-2018, 01:09 PM
We got a lot of enjoyment watching him on “No Reservations” and “Parts Unknown.” I loved whenever he appeared as a guest judge on Top Chef too. He could be funny and frank at the same time and he loved music - -

upon being presented a green bean dish that didn’t look too appetizing, he turns to Tom Colicchio and remarks, “it looks like they were cleaning out Bob Marley’s house and found this in the closet!”

Thank you, Mr. Bourdain and RIP.

travlnman2
06-12-2018, 05:29 AM
RIP Tony