PDA

View Full Version : Eagles Song Survivor: Non-Studio Album Songs

Pages : [1] 2

Ive always been a dreamer
06-13-2018, 08:35 PM
Time for the Non-Studio Album Song Survivor! If you're new, for a basic overview of the game, see this post: Survivor Overview (https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6551&postcount=7%20%5B/)

I'm going to list the songs competing in the game here. Vote for the song that you feel should be eliminated from the list. The song that gets the most votes will be taken off of the list (or, in the language of Survivor, "Voted off of the island.") Each round, one more song will get axed, until there's only one left. Remember: you're voting for your LEAST favorite, not your favorite.

Each round will last 48 hours after posting to give people a chance to vote who don't post every day. That means that the first round will end at 8:00 Eastern time the day after tomorrow. If you miss a round, don't think you can't play. It's all good!

Since there may be discussion posts, be sure to make it clear when you are casting your vote. Votes must be cast before the cut off time of 8:00 on the second day, and they cannot be changed once you have voted.

Note: The board clock is not accurate (currently 35 - 36 minutes ahead of real time). Please do not rely on it for meeting posting deadlines.

While these games can get heated, remember it's all in good fun. You can debate the merits of a song, but don't badger people who don't vote the same way you do. The administrator and moderators reserve the right to take action if they determine that someone is behaving disruptively, nastily, or otherwise inappropriately.

If you get confused about what round we are in, look at this post. I'll always update it to reflect the current round. Also feel free to post any questions if you don't understand what's going on.

If there is a tiebreaker, then ALL votes from ALL previous rounds are tallied and whoever has the most prior votes is eliminated. That’s the way it’s done on the real show, that’s the way it’s done here. If there is a complete tie with prior votes (Murphy’s Law), then I'll have a sudden-death trivia question ready. The first person who answers it correctly gets to break the tie. The odds of that happening are slim, but you never know, and it's good to be prepared.

The tie-breaker question will be asked one hour after results are in, if there is need for it. The exception is the last round. If the tie-breaker does not resolve the last round, then the tie will be allowed to stand.

Note: In order to avoid voter fraud and trolling, we require that you must be "a member in good standing" as defined by the Terms of Service for at least two weeks before the start of the game in order to cast a vote.

GAME OVER!

The winner is:

Seven Bridges Road

Songs Eliminated:
Funky New Year 6/15
All Night Long 6/17
Please Come Home for Christmas 6/19
Get You in the Mood 6/21
Love Will Keep Us Alive 6/23
One Day at a Time 6/25
The Girl from Yesterday 6/27
Life’s Been Good 6/29
Learn To Be Still 7/1
Hole in the World 7/3
Get Over It 7/5

Thanks for playing and hope everyone enjoyed the game.

YoungEaglesFan
06-13-2018, 08:38 PM
I Vote get you in the mood. Glenn was just not an accomplished songwriter and it shows in the song.

Freypower
06-13-2018, 08:57 PM
I Vote get you in the mood. Glenn was just not an accomplished songwriter and it shows in the song.

I hope you mean he wasn't accomplished at the time he wrote it. He was young. He had to learn. It's a lot better than a couple of other tracks which were on the first album, in my view.

I think this will be a hard game for me because I suspect my opinions will be very different from others.

Here goes:

Please Come Home For Christmas.

(I am still getting gaps of two lines when I type paragraphs. It's annoying. Oh well).

YoungEaglesFan
06-13-2018, 09:12 PM
I hope you mean he wasn't accomplished at the time he wrote it. He was young. He had to learn. It's a lot better than a couple of other tracks which were on the first album, in my view.

I think this will be a hard game for me because I suspect my opinions will be very different from others.

Here goes:

(I am still getting gaps of two lines when I type paragraphs. It's annoying. Oh well).

Oh of course. I should have clarified. I think it’s the worst song out of all the Glenn sung or written songs on the album but we can disagree on that

sodascouts
06-13-2018, 09:52 PM
OK, yeah, GYIM is... not his best work.

But I'm voting for LBG just because it's a solo song, essentially, so I think it should go before the true Eagles stuff.

I cast my vote for Life's Been Good.

LovinGlennGirl
06-13-2018, 10:03 PM
My vote is for One Day At A Time, not really and Eagles song to me. It was either this or Life's Been Good, but its such a fun song I will leave it for now.

06-13-2018, 10:13 PM
Okay - I want to make a few comments in defense of Get You in the Mood. Now, I am not going to pretend that it’s a great song, but, IMO, it is better than Funky New Year. The lyrics in both songs leave a lot to be desired, but, to me, at least, Get You in the Mood has a pretty decent melody and I actually like the chorus. I think the music is pretty good as well. I’ve said before it’s hard for me to believe that the same four men who wrote Heartache Tonight are responsible for Funky New Year – ‘my hair hurts’ … I mean really? The melody and music don’t have a whole lot going for them either. And, to think, by the time FNY was written, these men were supposedly seasoned songwriters. Maybe my hair will start hurting too if I don’t stop scratching my head because, to me, it is clearly the worst song in this game. lol I’m going to withhold my vote for now, but if I can help eliminate Funky New Year, then I’m so there.

WalshFan88
06-13-2018, 10:27 PM
Learn To Be Still

WalshFan88
06-13-2018, 10:32 PM
I will just say I think Life's Been Good is much better as an Eagles song than a Joe solo song. I don't even listen to the original anymore. The dueling guitars with Felder, the harmonies, all of it. The fun they had playing it on stage. Both during the Christchurch HFO concert and the F1 DVD, Glenn has a ball playing that song and really cracks up and Joe with his camera hat. I loved it.

Life's Been Good describes Glenn, Don, and Tim as much as it does Joe. They all were hard partiers and loved trashing rooms. To me it's the band's theme song.

For me, the version on Eagles Live makes the original on But Seriously Folks unlistenable. It's that much better. So while it might not win, I'd hate to see it go right out of the gate. It's a great Eagles song, unofficially.

Delilah
06-13-2018, 11:07 PM
Wow. I love Get You in the Mood. The way it starts off with those lone guitar notes and the ascending bass riff really sets the “mood” of the song. Glenn’s voice is hot and sultry and that bluesy guitar solo is killer. Are these his finest lyrics? No, but he was still finding his way. I think it’s a pretty solid effort and I can’t imagine it going before some of the others on the list.

Ok, here’s my rather controversial choice: Love Will Keep Us Alive.

Sorry, Timothy, I love your voice but I do not care for this song. It wasn’t written by an Eagle and it doesn’t sound like an Eagles song. Any band could have recorded it. I’m aware it was a hit on the AC charts but I don’t think that says much other than “we’re turning in our rock cred card and have arrived in Middle-Aged Snoozeville.”

I wouldn’t be surprised if Timothy himself rues the day he ever presented the song to the band cause now he’s stuck with it for perpetuity.

scottside
06-13-2018, 11:18 PM
Wow, the votes are really all over the place for this version of Survivor! I will also go with "Love Will Keep Us Alive." Tim sings it great, but it's too sappy of a song for my taste.

Freypower
06-13-2018, 11:33 PM
Wow. I love Get You in the Mood. The way it starts off with those lone guitar notes and the ascending bass riff really sets the “mood” of the song. Glenn’s voice is hot and sultry and that bluesy guitar solo is killer. Are these his finest lyrics? No, but he was still finding his way. I think it’s a pretty solid effort and I can’t imagine it going before some of the others on the list.

Ok, here’s my rather controversial choice: Love Will Keep Us Alive.

Sorry, Timothy, I love your voice but I do not care for this song. It wasn’t written by an Eagle and it doesn’t sound like an Eagles song. Any band could have recorded it. I’m aware it was a hit on the AC charts but I don’t think that says much other than “we’re turning in our rock cred card and have arrived in Middle-Aged Snoozeville.”

I wouldn’t be surprised if Timothy himself rues the day he ever presented the song to the band cause now he’s stuck with it for perpetuity.

For the record, I completely agree with you. It is also sums up some of the reasons why I also dislike Please Come Home For Christmas.

groupie2686
06-14-2018, 12:29 AM
Wow, the votes are all over the place this time.

My vote is for Funky New Year . I'm not impressed.

cosec3791
06-14-2018, 02:34 AM
Funky New Year gets my vote.

I could not listen to the studio version unfortunately, so I had to make do with the 1999 Millenium Concert version. And yeah. Lame lyrics, not really significant music, just not good. Probably the worst out of all the things here. Tbh, I don't even feel the atmosphere of New Year's in the song!

Oh God. Almost of all these songs in this survivor are ones which I either don't really care for or don't like. Those extra songs I listed in the announcement thread are way better (IMO obviously). I will still play, but it'll be hard voting those least liked songs. Only the new HFO songs are up to the standard. I do like One Day at a Time though. Not so bad actually. Simple song with some decent guitar. And about Get You in the Mood, at least the mood and atmosphere was there.

About Life's Been Good, I really like it done with the Eagles, but not the Eagles Live version. Bootlegs are much better. Joe's guitar had so much rawness in those, and it has been sucked out in this version. Not to mention: OVERDUBBING. I can't stand that from Eagles Live. I have the 1980 Santa Monica bootleg (July 29th, from where this recording was taken from). Clearly overdubbing is there in terms of lyrics and guitars as well. The lyrics are clearly overdubbed and guitars have been overdubbed over empty spots, as well as the last solo's piano and guitar were overdubbed. My personal favorite is 1980 The Forum (soundboard version). Way better and rawer.

New Kid In Town
06-14-2018, 06:20 AM
I vote for Funky New Year

Dreamer, I pretty much agree with everything you said about this song. I never liked it, JMHO though.

UndertheWire
06-14-2018, 07:42 AM
I vote for All Night Long. It's a simple little, banal kind of rocker. I'm not sure if I'd heard it before but if I had, I'd forgotten it immediately.

I like Get you in the Mood. Yes, some of the lyrics are a bit cringeworthy, but compared to many rock songs (and All Night Long), it's ambitious. Like many of Glenn's songs, the focus is on what he could do for the girl rather than what she could do for him. I also like the mood and that it's so different from any other Eagles recording. I hear it as Glenn being inspired by being in the same studio with the same producer as Led Zeppelin.

Funky New Year amuses me slightly, so I'll give it a pass for now.

Learn to be Still is not a favourite but I'll give it points for being a proper song.

Desperada
06-14-2018, 09:17 AM
I vote Funky New Year

travlnman2
06-14-2018, 10:41 AM
Funky New Year

sodascouts
06-14-2018, 11:25 AM
I think "Funky New Year" has a great groove! Some of its lines are a hoot!

"Been passin' 'round the bottle... make me feel brand new... the trouble with the new man is - he wants a hit, too!" lol!

And the "hair hurts" is actually a tried-and-true joke... you're in so much pain that even your hair hurts.

Whenever I hear it, I always want to move to the beat! Oh-woah-woah-it's-a- FUNKAY NEW YEAR!

YoungEaglesFan
06-14-2018, 11:56 AM
I think "Funky New Year" has a great groove! Some of its lines are a hoot!

"Been passin' 'round the bottle... make me feel brand new... the trouble with the new man is - he wants a hit, too!" lol!

And the "hair hurts" is actually a tried-and-true joke... you're in so much pain that even your hair hurts.

Whenever I hear it, I always want to move to the beat! Oh-woah-woah-it's-a- FUNKAY NEW YEAR!

I agree with this sentiment. It’s just meant to be a non serious weird song, but I like the grove and the feel to it. I don’t love it but it’s interesting

BillBailey1976
06-14-2018, 12:51 PM
My vote is for Funky New Year. This was a bad idea, and probably done as more of a joke, just to get a Holiday B-side for Please Come Home For Christmas.

East Texas Girl
06-14-2018, 01:33 PM
I cast my vote for Love Will Keep Us Alive.

Brooke
06-14-2018, 02:36 PM
Funky New Year is first on my list to go. I completely agree with Dreamer on it and do they really even sing? I do find it cute and amusing, but really.....

thelastresort
06-14-2018, 03:14 PM
I vote for Funky New Year. Just awful. Makes Disco Strangler sound like a Beethoven composition.

sodascouts
06-14-2018, 03:37 PM
I vote for Funky New Year. Just awful. Makes Disco Strangler sound like a Beethoven composition.
OK, now that's just uncalled for. lol

shunlvswx
06-15-2018, 09:17 AM
I'm going to vote for Get You In The Mood. I like Funky New Year especially the Millennium version when Don added a little something to it.

Brooke
06-15-2018, 12:58 PM

:rofl:

CAinOH
06-15-2018, 03:19 PM
I had to check my profile to make sure it was okay for me to vote. I think it's okay, depending on what your definition of "good standing" is. ;)

How can you vote to eliminate "Get You In The Mood" first? No, no, no, that can't be. I cannot sit idly by and let that happen!

I have to admit, I don't think I'd heard "Funky New Year" before. I'm pretty sure I laughed out loud. ("Yeah, the weird lady is laughing in her cubicle again. Don't go near her.") And, seriously, if you haven't partied until your hair hurts, have you really partied at all?

There are two I would like to vote for. One of these songs I just can't stand… and I don't think it's the song, the writer, and definitely not the singer's fault. It just grates. on. my. nerves. Must be something left over from a past life.

But, I will vote for the other of those two:

Glennsallnighter
06-15-2018, 04:15 PM
I vote Please Come Home for Christmas as it wasn't written by the Eagles and anyway its the wrong time of the year!!

06-15-2018, 08:21 PM

Yep - This definitely gave me a chuckle. I am, obviously, grateful to see that it will be the first song to be eliminated. It so deserves it. lol I mean I didn't even mention earlier about the repetition - My guess is must say Funky New Year at least 20 times, which is probably 2/3's of the song. If it needed my vote, it would definitely get it, but since this round isn't even close, I am going to vote for another song with a lot of repetition ...

I cast my vote for Hole in the World.

BTW - I may be misremembering, but I can't ever recall a round in any of our Survivor games in which so many songs got votes ... to be exact, 3/4's of the songs in the game received votes in this round.

06-15-2018, 08:36 PM
The first song to be eliminated in Non-Studio Album Songs Survivor is Funky New Year. “Funky New Year”, heard you went to a party last night. Hope you partied hearty because when you wake up this morning you will find that the tribe has spoken. You probably can’t remember when you felt worse, but you need to perk up a little because you must leave the island immediately.

Votes
Funky New Year – 8
Please Come Home for Christmas – 3
Love Will Keep Us Alive – 3
Get You in the Mood – 2
Life’s Been Good – 1
One Day at a Time – 1
Learn To Be Still – 1
All Night Long – 1
Hole in the World – 1

Vote Breakdown
Funky New Year – groupie2686
Funky New Year – cosec3791
Funky New Year – New Kid In Town
Funky New Year – Desperada
Funky New Year – travlman2
Funky New Year – BillBailey1976
Funky New Year – Brooke
Funky New Year – thelastresort
Please Come Home for Christmas – Freypower
Please Come Home for Christmas – CAinOH
Please Come Home for Christmas – Glennsallnighter
Love Will Keep Us Alive – Delilah
Love Will Keep Us Alive – scottside
Love Will Keep Us Alive – East Texas Girl
Get You in the Mood – YoungEaglesFan
Get You in the Mood – shunlvswx
Life’s Been Good – sodascouts
One Day at a Time – LovinGlennGirl
Learn To Be Still – WalshFan88
All Night Long – UndertheWire
Hole in the World – Ive always been a dreamer

Songs Eliminated:
Funky New Year 6/15

Songs Remaining:
Get You in the Mood
Please Come Home for Christmas
All Night Long
Life’s Been Good
Seven Bridges Road
Get Over It
The Girl from Yesterday
Learn to Be Still
Love Will Keep Us Alive
Hole in the World
One Day at a Time

Voting for Round Two begins now.

Freypower
06-15-2018, 08:38 PM
Please Come Home For Christmas

CAinOH
06-15-2018, 08:44 PM

(No need to change my mind now...)

scottside
06-15-2018, 11:24 PM
Love Will Keep Us Alive

sodascouts
06-15-2018, 11:38 PM
Anybody ready to get on this train yet? Again, it's not even an Eagles song!

CAinOH
06-15-2018, 11:51 PM
Apparently, we're just waiting around for those who voted for "Funky New Year" to vote. ;)

New Kid In Town
06-16-2018, 12:04 AM

sodascouts
06-16-2018, 12:30 AM
Aw, but doesn't PCHFC have a great vocal? And those opening Christmas bells always put a smile on my face!

YoungEaglesFan
06-16-2018, 01:30 AM
I’m not really sure where the movement against PCHFC comes from. I think it’s pleasant enough. I don’t see any glaring flaws with it unlike some other songs. I will vote Get You In the mood again

cosec3791
06-16-2018, 02:39 AM
Okay. I am voting for Please Come Home for Christmas

Not a fave at all. I personally don't care about the vocals tbh. It feels pretty average compared to the other songs. Get You in the Mood at least has better music and atmosphere. PCHFC also doesn't have good instrumental (boring Christmas bells which, atm, as AllNighter says, is not even relevant); and same goes for atmosphere: non existent atm.

BillBailey1976
06-16-2018, 05:43 AM
Life's Been Good gets my vote. Yes it's good, it's a concert staple, but it's not an Eagles song and to be honest, I am sorta tired of it, plus FNY is "Already Gone' :)

06-16-2018, 01:02 PM
I happen to love Please Come Home for Christmas and never really understood why it is so underrated by some Eagles fans. I guess it does lack the 'Eagles' sound and was more of a Henley recording rather than a band effort. It was done to pacify the record company because of the lack of progress in completing The Long Run album. But, still, I love the melody in the song and Don's yearning, bluesy vocals are definitely 'atmospheric' to me.

And in defense of Life's Been Good - I absolutely love this classic rocker. To me, it is Joe at his absolute best. We've had this debate many times and, AFAIC, it is definitely an adopted Eagles song. The band has been performing it since 1978 (approximately) and as Austin said, the Eagles version is superior to Joe's solo version. Besides, if I were going to vote off Joe's tracks that are solo songs, I would definitely vote for All Night Long first. It is far less 'Eagley' than LBG and not nearly as good, IMO. I like it and think it's catchy, but is another one with a lot of repetition.

groupie2686
06-16-2018, 07:13 PM
All Night Long

Desperada
06-17-2018, 09:56 AM
Love will keep us alive

LovinGlennGirl
06-17-2018, 02:13 PM
All Night Long

Delilah
06-17-2018, 04:17 PM
I don’t mind Please Come Home for Christmas but Funky New Year sounds like a glorified outtake to me. And if they were going to release outtakes as standalone songs, why that one?

I really like All Night Long and its rockin anthemic energy. I partly associate it with Urban Cowboy too and that whole country nightclub scene. Yes, it gets repetitive at the end but that’s what anthems often do. It was also a top 20 hit for Joe.

ANL and LBG, whether they are Eagles songs, quasi-Eagles, non-Eagles songs, etc. are simply better quality material than a lot of what remains on the list, IMO (and I too am a bit tired of LBG).

Anyway, my vote goes to Love Will Keep Us Alive.

shunlvswx
06-17-2018, 05:11 PM
I like LBG, I love PCHFC (I rather hear the Eagles version than the original version. I always look forward to hearing that for Christmas).

I'm voting for All Night Long.

WalshFan88
06-17-2018, 05:15 PM
All Night Long

Nowhere near as good as LBG with the Eagles.

thelastresort
06-17-2018, 06:27 PM
I vote for Love Will Keep Us Alive

06-17-2018, 08:32 PM
Okay - I'm going to break a three-way tie ...

I cast my vote for All Night Long.

06-17-2018, 08:41 PM
In a very close round, the next song to be eliminated in Non-Studio Album Songs Survivor is All Night Long. “All Night Long”, grab a long neck and a good ‘ol song as you head out, and then please leave immediately. The rest of the songs may return to camp.

Votes
All Night Long – 5
Please Come Home for Christmas – 4
Love Will Keep Us Alive – 4
Life’s Been Good – 2
Get You in the Mood – 1

Vote Breakdown
All Night Long – groupie2686
All Night Long – LovinGlennGirl
All Night Long – shunlvswx
All Night Long – WalshFan88
All Night Long – Ive always been a dreamer
Please Come Home for Christmas – CAinOH
Please Come Home for Christmas – New Kid In Town
Please Come Home for Christmas – cosec3791
Love Will Keep Us Alive – Desperada
Love Will Keep Us Alive– thelastresort
Life’s Been Good – BillBailey1976
Get You in the Mood – YoungEaglesFan

Songs Eliminated:
Funky New Year 6/15
All Night Long 6/17

Songs Remaining:
Get You in the Mood
Please Come Home for Christmas
Life’s Been Good
Seven Bridges Road
Get Over It
The Girl from Yesterday
Learn to Be Still
Love Will Keep Us Alive
Hole in the World
One Day at a Time

Voting for Round Three begins now.

Freypower
06-17-2018, 08:56 PM

CAinOH
06-17-2018, 09:31 PM

scottside
06-17-2018, 11:11 PM
Love Will Keep Us Alive

sodascouts
06-18-2018, 02:08 AM
So we've gotten rid of one of Joe's solo songs - let's get rid of the other one!

I cast my vote or Life's Been Good.

cosec3791
06-18-2018, 08:11 AM
PLEASE COME HOME FOR CHRISTMAS

New Kid In Town
06-18-2018, 09:31 AM

BillBailey1976
06-18-2018, 09:37 AM
Life's Been Good

Desperada
06-18-2018, 09:56 AM
Love Will Keep Us Alive

groupie2686
06-18-2018, 11:39 AM

sodascouts
06-18-2018, 11:50 AM
Maybe if this game had been held in July we could have gotten a little more holiday spirit!

Hey everyone...

http://smhttp.32478.nexcesscdn.net/80E972/organiclifestylemagazine/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/holiday-blues-sad-dog-christmas-1200x500.jpg

Don't make Christmas puppy sad!

SAVE PLEASE COME HOME FOR CHRISTMAS!

VOTE LIFE'S BEEN GOOD!

shunlvswx
06-18-2018, 11:51 AM
I'll join the alliance to save PCHFC. With this heat in Mississippi, I need some cold weather.

I vote for Life's Been Good.

06-18-2018, 12:00 PM
Well - I would like to save Please Come Home for Christmas, but there is no way I will vote for Life's Been Good at this point. However, I do think it's time for Get You in the Mood to go now. As I said earlier, it was written when Glenn was still young and thankfully he got a lot better as a songwriter and vocalist. But, I truly believe it is the weakest song remaining and will gladly join a coalition to help eliminate it. So - how about this ...

SAVE PCHFC AND LIFE'S BEEN GOOD!!!

VOTE FOR GET YOU IN THE MOOD!!!

cosec3791
06-18-2018, 12:04 PM
I'll vote Life's Been Good off once PCHFC and Get You in the Mood are off. I personally like bootlegs better than this overdubbed version. To reinstate, I have the 29th July 1980 Santa Monica bootleg, and it I can confirm it. But I feel, compared to the 2 I mentioned earlier, it is a decent listen.

So sorry Soda, the Christmas pup will have to find the door somehow, Life's Been Good!

shunlvswx
06-18-2018, 12:09 PM
I forgot Get You In The Mood is still in the game. Darn. I would had voted that one off first than LBG.

sodascouts
06-18-2018, 12:15 PM
I forgot Get You In The Mood is still in the game. Darn. I would had voted that one off first than LBG.

Strategically, it's better at this point to vote for LBG. Since Dreamer hasn't voted, no one has voted for GYITM yet, whereas 2 other people have voted for LBG, and now 3 people have voted for LBG.

At this point, voting for Life's Been Good will be more effective at saving Please Come Home for Christmas, regardless of your personal preference. Don't split the vote if you want to save Christmas!

CAinOH
06-18-2018, 12:25 PM
But I hear "Please Come Home For Christmas" all year! Husband has it on his self-created Eagles CD he plays in his vehicle. And at Christmas when it's supposed to be played? He loves hitting the replay button on it.

No puppies will save that song in my mind, sorry soda!

06-18-2018, 12:29 PM
But there are still plenty of outstanding votes to eliminate Get You in the Mood if folks are interested in forming a coalition.

If folks aren't interested in a coalition, I would personally rather eliminate Please Come Home for Christmas than sacrifice Life's Been Good. That way Life's Been Good and Get You in the Mood can duke it out next round. Personally, I can't believe I actually had to write that last statement - there is no way that Get You in the Mood is in the same caliber as Life's Been Good. JMHO

groupie2686
06-18-2018, 12:38 PM
I feel like the grinch here, voting off the Christmas song and seeing soda's sad puppy...I actually like PCHFC, I like Henley's bluesy vocal, I just like the rest more and something had to go. I like LBG too much to vote it off this early.

LovinGlennGirl
06-18-2018, 03:55 PM
I actually love PCHFC, Henley's vocals are outstanding. I vote Life's Been Good, even though its fun live.

East Texas Girl
06-18-2018, 04:02 PM
I'm all for saving PCHFC, so I'll vote for Life's Been Good; but I still like it.

WalshFan88
06-18-2018, 05:00 PM

Again, LBG is just soooo much better as an Eagles song. Hearing the original or Joe do it solo live it just doesn't excite me. It's a band song, as far as I'm concerned. It's also the best song Joe's ever written, AFAIC.

Save Life's Been Good - Vote Please Come Home For Christmas!

sodascouts
06-18-2018, 06:16 PM
Just bringing forward Christmas Puppy for anyone who didn't get the memo...

http://smhttp.32478.nexcesscdn.net/80E972/organiclifestylemagazine/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/holiday-blues-sad-dog-christmas-1200x500.jpg

Don't make Christmas Puppy sad!

VOTE LIFE'S BEEN GOOD!

YoungEaglesFan
06-18-2018, 06:53 PM
I second what Soda is saying. PCHFC is too good to leave this early!

UndertheWire
06-18-2018, 07:06 PM
I'm going to hold off to see how best to counter Dreamer on Get You in the Mood. I like that better than most of the songs on this list. I missed last round because I was waiting to see what was needed to save it and then forgot. Nothing lost, as my least favourite was voted off.

CAinOH
06-18-2018, 07:45 PM
I call foul! Illegal use of cute puppy photo! ;)

Freypower
06-18-2018, 07:53 PM
Sorry Soda, but I cannot stand PCHFC, and I'd rather leave it at that than create any bad feeling.

sodascouts
06-18-2018, 07:59 PM
I call foul! Illegal use of cute puppy photo! ;)

All's fair in love and Eagles Survivor! ;)

Sorry Soda, but I cannot stand PCHFC, and I'd rather leave it at that than create any bad feeling.

Well, I don't take criticism of PCHFC personally - unless it includes statements like "Anyone who likes PCHFC has no taste in music! Are you people on drugs?!" Then I might. ;)

WalshFan88
06-18-2018, 08:08 PM

VOTE LIFE'S BEEN GOOD!

LOL, don't use the Christmas puppy against me. :lol:

Delilah
06-18-2018, 08:38 PM

VOTE LIFE'S BEEN GOOD!

Puppy: I sure wish I was frolicking on the beach like that cool Joe guy instead of wearing a Christmas ribbon in the middle of June! Save Life’s Been Good!! Christmas is for December!! (:mrgreen::twisted:)

https://s33.postimg.cc/rqbela95r/BC0_C5_C4_F-8_EDC-437_D-_AE4_E-3_BD3485_A36_EF.jpg

sodascouts
06-18-2018, 09:13 PM

VOTE LIFE'S BEEN GOOD!
Puppy: I sure wish I was frolicking on the beach like that cool Joe guy instead of wearing a Christmas ribbon in the middle of June! Save Life’s Been Good!! Christmas is for December!! (:mrgreen::twisted:)

https://s33.postimg.cc/rqbela95r/BC0_C5_C4_F-8_EDC-437_D-_AE4_E-3_BD3485_A36_EF.jpg

https://media1.giphy.com/media/aWPGuTlDqq2yc/giphy.gif

06-18-2018, 09:45 PM
At the time I posted earlier today calling for a coalition to vote for Get You in the Mood, there were easily enough outstanding votes to eliminate it. However, no one voted for GYITM and now I believe it's too late for the coalition to work. So, now this round boils down to a choice between Please Come Home for Christmas and Life's Been Good. It's fairly certain now that one of these will be eliminated this round, so I urge those that want to save Life's Been Good to vote for PHHFC. I'm sad it has come down to these two, but it is what it is ...

SAVE LIFE'S BEEN GOOD!!!

VOTE FOR PLEASE COME HOME FOR CHRISTMAS!!!

Please don't let Soda pull at your heartstrings with pictures of adorable Christmas puppies and 'Joey' faces. Let her know you are on to her tactics. :lol:

06-18-2018, 09:52 PM
Let me remind everyone again, with all the discussion going on, please make sure you are very specific about when you are voting and what you are voting for. I do not want to be put in the position of guessing or assuming what you want because I may get it wrong. Therefore, if there is any doubt, I will not count your vote when I talley the results.

WalshFan88
06-18-2018, 10:01 PM
Let me remind everyone again, with all the discussion going on, please make sure you are very specific about when you are voting and what you are voting for. I do not want to be put in the position of guessing or assuming what you want because I may get it wrong. Therefore, if there is any doubt, I will not count your vote when I talley the results.

Thanks Dreamer! I hope my vote is clear. :)

YoungEaglesFan
06-18-2018, 10:12 PM
You know.... I think everyone else’s vote but mine is confusing... I think mine is the only one we should count :rofl:

06-18-2018, 10:28 PM
Austin - your vote was clear to me. Sorry everyone, but your post must state that you are specifically casting a vote rather than just participating in the discussion. For example, look at my post #83 - I am not casting my vote - I am just making a persuasive plea. When someone puts the name of a song and nothing else, then it is obvious that it is their vote. But, if there is additional discussion in your post, then you should make sure you are very clear. It doesn't take much effort to type the words 'I vote for' or something similar. I don't want to be in the position of guessing and reading minds about when you are voting. Therefore, if there is any doubt, I cannot count the vote.

Delilah
06-18-2018, 10:46 PM
As for myself, I am not casting a vote yet. However, the puppy appears to be voting off PCHFC. :p

06-18-2018, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the clarification, Delilah. I did assume that you weren't voting and would not count your post as a vote, just as I would not count my own post as a vote. But, thanks for helping me make my point - when I find myself assuming, guessing, or doubting, then I'll count it as a 'no vote'.

YoungEaglesFan
06-19-2018, 11:52 AM
I vote life’s been good. I didn’t want it to go, and I would prefer if GYITM was being voted out but PCHFC is a an actual track so I must vote to get rid of LBG

UndertheWire
06-19-2018, 11:58 AM
I vote for Learn to be Still. Plodding with too many words and too little melody.

cosec3791
06-19-2018, 12:00 PM
Save the Joe Walsh rocker!!! Don't let irrelevant Christmas pup influence. It is hard to find the door, but he will have to leave.

SAVE LIFE'S BEEN GOOD!!!

VOTE PLEASE COME HOME FOR CHRISTMAS

And Dreamer, as you may see, I clearly voted already. So hopefully, no confusion will be there.

thelastresort
06-19-2018, 03:38 PM
I vote for Life's Been Good. Probably in the minority of people who prefer the original version (as I do with all Joe songs they have done bar Help Me Thru the Night...)

sodascouts
06-19-2018, 03:51 PM
It's neck and neck guys... Christmas Puppy is getting nervous.... so he got backup!

https://ignoro.co.uk/uploads/142/incredible-cute-christmas-pet-labrador-dog-and-cat-on-white-stock-photo-pic-for-styles-ideas.jpg

VOTE LIFE'S BEEN GOOD!

thelastresort
06-19-2018, 03:52 PM
They both look equally depressed anyway, I don't think giving an unremarkable Christmas song cover a stay of execution is going to tide them over for too long ;)

East Texas Girl
06-19-2018, 04:02 PM
It's neck and neck guys... Christmas Puppy is getting nervous.... so he got backup!

https://ignoro.co.uk/uploads/142/incredible-cute-christmas-pet-labrador-dog-and-cat-on-white-stock-photo-pic-for-styles-ideas.jpg

VOTE LIFE'S BEEN GOOD!

Soda, lol. :rofl:

CAinOH
06-19-2018, 04:07 PM

VOTE LIFE'S BEEN GOOD!

Look, the cat's just gonna knock all the ornaments off the tree and then the dog will pee on the tree. (Trust me: been there, saw that. Cleaned up the mess.)

VOTE FOR PLEASE COME HOME FOR CHRISTMAS!

longtimeeaglesfan
06-19-2018, 05:42 PM
Save "Life's Been Good!" :rockguitar:

Vote for PCHFC

Delilah
06-19-2018, 06:18 PM
Save "Life's Been Good!" :rockguitar:

Vote for PCHFC

Is this your vote? It’s really close right now.

maryc2130
06-19-2018, 06:36 PM
I love Life's Been Good, but I love Please Come Home for Christmas more. There are several songs that I'd like to get rid of more on this list, but it's not worth voting for them now.

06-19-2018, 07:01 PM
I'm going to have to vote earlier than I'd like because we are having a severe thunderstorm and I'm afraid I may lose my power. I hate to do this, but ...

I cast my vote for Please Come Home For Christmas.

Also, as an FYI, in the event of a tie, PCHFC loses because it has more previous votes.

06-19-2018, 07:46 PM
longtimeeaglesfan - If your post #97 is intended as a vote, please clarify that for me by specifically indicating that this is your vote and what you are voting for. Otherwise, I can't determine if this is just a discussion post and cannot count this as a valid vote.

I also want to remind everyone that the board clock is running between 35 - 36 minutes ahead of real time. Therefore, since a vote must be cast prior to the clock striking 8:00, I'm going to ask that your vote be time-stamped on the board clock by 8:33 in order to be counted. If you are voting at the last minute, please also keep in mind that once you hit 'Submit Reply', there can be a slight delay before the post actually registers.

Delilah
06-19-2018, 08:15 PM
It’s too bad these 2 songs are getting the most votes, esp. LBG which has been a concert staple and crowd-pleaser for decades, plus it was written by an Eagle. There are other songs that really should be going first, imo. PCHFC is a nice Christmas tune, I like it but it isn’t anything particularly special esp. as far as Christmas songs go, and it’s a cover.

I’d rather be voting out something else but since so many here have been wanting it gone, I’d like to go ahead and try to put it out of its misery. Plus LBG deserves better than a lowly showing.

My vote goes to Please Come Home for Christmas.

06-19-2018, 08:37 PM
In a tied round, the next song to be eliminated in Non-Studio Album Songs Survivor is Please Come Home for Christmas. “Please Come Home for Christmas” there’s plenty of sorrow, grief, and pain, but the tribe has spoken. You won’t be coming home again, so please leave the island immediately. The rest of the songs may return to camp.

Votes
Please Come Home for Christmas – 8
Life’s Been Good – 8
Love Will Keep Us Alive – 2
Learn To Be Still – 1

Previous Votes
Please Come Home for Christmas – 7
Life’s Been Good – 3

Vote Breakdown
Please Come Home for Christmas – CainOH
Please Come Home for Christmas – cosec3791
Please Come Home for Christmas – New Kid In Town
Please Come Home for Christmas – groupie2686
Please Come Home for Christmas – WalshFan88
Please Come Home for Christmas – Ive always been a dreamer
Please Come Home for Christmas – Delilah
Life’s Been Good – shunlvswx
Life’s Been Good – LovinGlennGirl
Life’s Been Good – East Texas Girl
Life’s Been Good – YoungEaglesFan
Life’s Been Good – thelastresort
Life’s Been Good – maryc2130
Learn To Be Still – UndertheWire

Songs Eliminated:
Funky New Year 6/15
All Night Long 6/17

Songs Remaining:
Get You in the Mood
Life’s Been Good
Seven Bridges Road
Get Over It
The Girl from Yesterday
Learn to Be Still
Love Will Keep Us Alive
Hole in the World
One Day at a Time

Voting for Round Four begins now.

New Kid In Town
06-19-2018, 08:51 PM
I vote for Learn To Still

Freypower
06-19-2018, 08:56 PM
I am happy to join a coalition to vote off Life's Been Good, although it isn't actually my next choice to go. It has not aged well.

06-19-2018, 09:15 PM
Okay, it’s official – my hair hurts from all this head-scratching. I seriously can’t believe that last round when there are several songs remaining in this game that are much weaker than either PCHFC or Life’s Been Good. Obviously, we all have different voting criteria and opinions, but, Life’s Been Good narrowly escaped elimination last round and I agree with Delilah – it deserves to stay around for a while. There's no way I will join a coalition to eliminate it as long as songs like Get You in the Mood, The Girl From Yesterday, One Day At a Time, and Love Will Keep Us Alive are still in the game. :headscratch:

shunlvswx
06-19-2018, 09:24 PM
Same here, Dreamer. If i knew GYITM was still in play, i would voted for it. Now if it was In The City, that's another story. Lol

I'm voting for Get You In The Mood. Never really was a fan of this song and when I first heard of it in HOTE, I didn't know the name.

LovinGlennGirl
06-19-2018, 09:58 PM
I vote for One Day At A Time

YoungEaglesFan
06-19-2018, 10:14 PM
I vote one day at a time.

scottside
06-19-2018, 11:10 PM
Love Will Keep Us Alive

sodascouts
06-19-2018, 11:41 PM
SHOOT!!! We were SOOO CLOOOOSE!!!!!

WalshFan88
06-20-2018, 04:34 AM
I am happy to join a coalition to vote off Life's Been Good, although it isn't actually my next choice to go. It has not aged well.

I disagree. I think it is just as relevant as ever. It's a fun song with positive energy and I think a lot of people can still relate to it. Room trash may not happen as much now, but the other themes touched upon by LBG are still prevalent in 2018. To me it's the epitome of Joe Walsh music outside of the Eagles. And it's best when you can hear it in the band context WITH the Eagles.

UndertheWire
06-20-2018, 04:42 AM
I'm mystified why LBG has been under attack when so many inferior songs have passed without a mention. Is it just that they're "Eagles" songs? Or is it that LBG is good enough to have become over-familiar whereas the majority of the others have faded into deserved obscurity?

My vote goes, again, for a lesser Henley solo song masquerading as an Eagles song, Learn to be Still.

At least with LBG, the rest of the band appear to enjoy it whereas LTBS is just Henley droning on and the only entertainment is when he forgets the words.

CAinOH
06-20-2018, 10:48 AM
Dreamer, I love your post-vote summaries. They are hilarious.

Right now, I'm holding my vote until I see what might be targeted. I know I said before there's another song on this list I can't stand, but so far it's flown under the radar, and I'd rather save another song right now if I can.

So, no vote… yet. But I'm collecting photos of puppies and kitties just in case!

cosec3791
06-20-2018, 11:29 AM
YAY! PCHFC is gone!

Now, my vote is for Get You in the Mood

Lame lyrics, meh music, though decent atmosphere for what it is trying to represent.

I actually like One Day at a Time btw.

cosec3791
06-20-2018, 11:32 AM
At least with LBG, the rest of the band appear to enjoy it whereas LTBS is just Henley droning on and the only entertainment is when he forgets the words.

LOL! It is pretty funny when Henley forgets words to the songs lol. In 1995 Christchurch, during Wasted Time, Henley has a brain fart and it is hilarious! :rofl:

groupie2686
06-20-2018, 11:47 AM
LOL! It is pretty funny when Henley forgets words to the songs lol. In 1995 Christchurch, during Wasted Time, Henley has a brain fart and it is hilarious! :rofl:

I've seen that and it is hilarious!

I'm not sure of my vote just yet, I think I'll wait and see how the voting goes, but I must say I don't get all the dislike for LBG. I think that song is a hoot, especially when Joe changes the words, when done live with the Eagles. My favorite is in Farewell 1, when he says "They write me letters, tell me Glenn's great."

BillBailey1976
06-20-2018, 01:07 PM
I've seen that and it is hilarious!

I'm not sure of my vote just yet, I think I'll wait and see how the voting goes, but I must say I don't get all the dislike for LBG. I think that song is a hoot, especially when Joe changes the words, when done live with the Eagles. My favorite is in Farewell 1, when he says "They write me letters, tell me Glenn's great."

It's not for this thread, but i'd be interested to see how many variations of that line Joe's used over the years. It is a great line.....but not great enough to save the song for me in this particular game......I vote for Life's Been Good

WalshFan88
06-20-2018, 06:24 PM
Get You In The Mood

maryc2130
06-20-2018, 07:35 PM
I also vote for Get You in the Mood.

Freypower
06-20-2018, 08:02 PM
I disagree. I think it is just as relevant as ever. It's a fun song with positive energy and I think a lot of people can still relate to it. Room trash may not happen as much now, but the other themes touched upon by LBG are still prevalent in 2018. To me it's the epitome of Joe Walsh music outside of the Eagles. And it's best when you can hear it in the band context WITH the Eagles.

I know all that... it's just that a few people voted for it in the previous round & I thought it would be best to help them out. I know how much you love it but nowadays I can take it or leave it. I probably should have gone for something else but it's too late now.

sodascouts
06-21-2018, 02:42 AM
Well, I was waiting to see what song we could rally 'round to save.

Get You in the Mood is at risk but... that's a tough sell to save...

I guess we can give it a go! Somebody maybe can help me out?

But first, let me just tell you more about why LIFE's BEEN GOOD NEEDS TO GO.

First off, LBG needs to go because it's not a real Eagles song. But it's not just that. It's really not that great.

I think LBG is very overrated. Its lyrics are funny, but musically it's pretty simplistic and repetitive. Yeah, I get a chuckle out of it, but it really comes off more as a "Weird Al" novelty song to me than an awesome piece of rock'n'roll music.

Save REAL EAGLES SONGS!

Vote Life's Been Good!

Desperada
06-21-2018, 07:29 AM
I vote Life's Been Good

longtimeeaglesfan
06-21-2018, 11:44 AM
My wedding ring is engraved with the notes from Life's Been Good! 8-)

Save LBG!!

sodascouts
06-21-2018, 12:06 PM
Let me just say I think those notes are the best things about the song!

YoungEaglesFan
06-21-2018, 12:16 PM
I’m going to vote one day at a time. I know that it’s kinda late to get people behind this, but life’s been good is just a much superior song.

sodascouts
06-21-2018, 12:18 PM
I consider "One Day at a Time" a real Eagles song because Joe recorded it AFTER it appeared on Farewell 1. He basically took a song he did with the Eagles and redid it for his solo album. It's like Randy doing "Take It to the Limit" on a later solo album.

cosec3791
06-21-2018, 12:25 PM
Really Soda? I wouldn't say LBG is that simplistic. It has some interesting guitar parts. Particularly that synchronized solo before the third verse. Also while maybe not in the Eagles Live, other TLR tour versions had epic improvised solos. An example is 1980 The Forum. So while you may not like it that much, I'd say it is not too simplistic or repetitive. I personally feel it has better arrangement than most of the songs here. I also love Frey's (or Vitale's?) piano interspersed, though, there are better versions than the Eagles Live version.

On the other hand, I'd say the other songs have more underwhelming music. Particularly for the one I voted for: Get You in the Mood.

VOTE GET YOU IN THE MOOD

SAVE LIFE'S BEEN GOOD

sodascouts
06-21-2018, 12:51 PM
Really Soda? I wouldn't say LBG is that simplistic. It has some interesting guitar parts. Particularly that synchronized solo before the third verse. Also while maybe not in the Eagles Live, other TLR tour versions had epic improvised solos.

You can only make your arguments based on the version from Eagles Live for this Survivor, though, because that's the version that we're voting on. That's the only reason why this Joe solo song made this Survivor - because it appears on a Non-Studio Eagles album. Sorry if that wasn't clear!

Just to make sure everyone understands: For this Survivor, we're voting on the songs the way they appear on the Non-Studio Albums such as Eagles Live.

groupie2686
06-21-2018, 12:59 PM
I vote for One Day At A Time. I'm just not knocked out by it. I understand it's importance to Joe, it sounds like he wrote this for an AA meeting or something, but I don't care for it and I don't think it fit well in the Eagles setlist in Farewell I.

thelastresort
06-21-2018, 01:46 PM
I vote Life's Been Good

Delilah
06-21-2018, 01:49 PM
From a musical standpoint I find LBG more complex and interesting than many of the other songs here. How many casual fans can instantly recognize the guitar parts of The Girl from Yesterday or Hole in the World?

LBG has become over-familiar for a lot of folks so it’s easy to take it for granted (as I mentioned before, I’m a little tired of it myself). If listened to with fresh ears, it would probably be the standout from the entire list for most people.

My vote goes to Love Will Keep Us Alive.

East Texas Girl
06-21-2018, 02:24 PM
Going back to my original vote: Love Will Keep Us Alive.

sodascouts
06-21-2018, 03:43 PM
I think LWKUA is really underrated. It's so rare for the Eagles to have a real love song and I really think this one has a lovely melody and great harmonies. It gives Tim a chance to shine.

Can we really say this is inferior to "Get You in the Mood"?

Of course, what we really need to vote off is LIFE'S BEEN GOOD, but still!

BillBailey1976
06-21-2018, 04:02 PM
I think LWKUA is really underrated. It's so rare for the Eagles to have a real love song and I really think this one has a lovely melody and great harmonies. It gives Tim a chance to shine.

Of course, what we really need to vote off is LIFE'S BEEN GOOD, but still!

I honestly think it's Tim's best lead.

06-21-2018, 04:38 PM

Well - Here I am guessing again to determine if this is a valid vote. FP - Please provide clarification.

Honestly folks - This is getting frustrating so I apoligize for being 'testy'. I really don't mean to be snarky or a nit-picker, nor am I trying to single anyone out, but is there something in the Border water lately that is making me dense? I really don't know how to explain the voting rules any better than I already have, so this will be my last attempt at trying unless someone has some constructive suggestions for me. If the regular players of the Survivor games can't be bothered to abide by the guidelines I have provided for casting a vote, then I am not going to be bothered to try to read their minds.

THANKS AGAIN AND RANT OVER!!!

06-21-2018, 05:15 PM
I’m going to vote one day at a time. I know that it’s kinda late to get people behind this, but life’s been good is just a much superior song.

YEF - This is post #126 quoted. You already voted in this round in post #109.

YoungEaglesFan
06-21-2018, 05:25 PM
YEF - This is post #126 quoted. You already voted in this round in post #109.

I’m sorry. I’ll delete it. I’ve been really confused with which round is which.

06-21-2018, 05:31 PM
I have to vote early because I am going out to dinner tonight. Because the votes are being split between so many songs, the vote between Get You in the Mood and Life's Been Good is running neck and neck. So ...

I cast my vote for Get You in the Mood.

So, I urge everyone to

Save Life's Been Good!

VOTE FOR GET YOU IN THE MOOD!

06-21-2018, 05:32 PM
I’m sorry. I’ll delete it. I’ve been really confused with which round is which.

You can either look down at the bottom of the board to see what round we're in or look at the opening post of the game. Both are updated at the end of each round.

Freypower
06-21-2018, 08:35 PM
Well - Here I am guessing again to determine if this is a valid vote. FP - Please provide clarification.

Honestly folks - This is getting frustrating so I apoligize for being 'testy'. I really don't mean to be snarky or a nit-picker, nor am I trying to single anyone out, but is there something in the Border water lately that is making me dense? I really don't know how to explain the voting rules any better than I already have, so this will be my last attempt at trying unless someone has some constructive suggestions for me. If the regular players of the Survivor games can't be bothered to abide by the guidelines I have provided for casting a vote, then I am not going to be bothered to try to read their minds.

THANKS AGAIN AND RANT OVER!!!

Oh, OK, Dreamer! Sorry! In the past when I have bolded a song title, I always assumed you understood that was my vote. However I can see where you may have been thrown by my next comment. I apologise for muddying the waters because I have played this game for years & that was not my intention at all.

06-21-2018, 08:51 PM
In a squeaker, the next song to be eliminated in Non-Studio Album Songs Survivor is Get You in the Mood. “Get You in the Mood”, the tribe has spoken. It's doubtful that the results will put you in a good mood. So take your moody self off the island. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
Get You in the Mood – 5
Life’s Been Good – 4
One Day at a Time – 3
Love Will Keep Us Alive – 3
Learn To Be Still – 2

Vote Breakdown
Get You in the Mood – shunlvswx
Get You in the Mood – cosec3791
Get You in the Mood – WalshFan88
Get You in the Mood – maryc2130
Get You in the Mood – Ive always been a dreamer
Life’s Been Good – Desperada
Life’s Been Good – thelastresort
One Day at a Time – YoungEaglesFan
One Day at a Time – groupie2686
Learn To Be Still – New Kid In Town

Songs Eliminated:
Funky New Year 6/15
All Night Long 6/17
Get You in the Mood 6/21

Songs Remaining:
Life’s Been Good
Seven Bridges Road
Get Over It
The Girl from Yesterday
Learn to Be Still
Love Will Keep Us Alive
Hole in the World
One Day at a Time

Voting for Round Five begins now.

sodascouts
06-21-2018, 08:53 PM
Dreamer - was FP's vote too late?

06-21-2018, 08:58 PM
Well folks - That last round is exactly what I feared by not clarifying votes in your original post. It actually ended up affecting the final outcome of the round. But, I have to go by the rules. Freypower ended up clarifying her votes, but she didn't get the vote in before the clock struck 8:00 so I am still unable to count it. Sorry because this puts me in exactly the position I didn't want to be in. Hopefully, it will be a lesson learned for all. Thanks FP for making the effort and sorry for the end result.

ETA: I was at the PC waiting to post the results and the vote didn't register until 8:00 p.m. I actually had to change the post because the final result was affected. I had also posted a reminder at the end of the last round to make sure the timestamp on post registered by 8:33 p.m. since the board clock is off.

Freypower
06-21-2018, 09:28 PM
:brickwall::roll::oops:

I am now actually glad the vote didn't count, as I made such a hash of it & feel I had done the wrong thing anyway.

In this round I hereby vote for Love Will Keep Us Alive.

sodascouts
06-21-2018, 09:32 PM
No! Each time so close only to fail! Don't give up!

At this rate, this Joe solo song will win! That's just wrong!

I cast my vote for Life's Been Good!

WalshFan88
06-21-2018, 10:08 PM
So happy to see LBG still in the game. :nod:

And now my vote is for Love Will Keep Us Alive.

YoungEaglesFan
06-21-2018, 10:25 PM
In my mind, One Day At A Time is the same category as Life’s Been good, and LBG is a superior song. I cannot see LBG go before ODAAT. I vote for One Day At A Time

New Kid In Town
06-21-2018, 10:28 PM
I vote for Learn To Be Still

groupie2686
06-21-2018, 10:47 PM
One Day At A Time

scottside
06-21-2018, 11:25 PM
Love Will Keep Us Alive

06-21-2018, 11:35 PM
From a musical standpoint I find LBG more complex and interesting than many of the other songs here. How many casual fans can instantly recognize the guitar parts of The Girl from Yesterday or Hole in the World?

LBG has become over-familiar for a lot of folks so it’s easy to take it for granted (as I mentioned before, I’m a little tired of it myself). If listened to with fresh ears, it would probably be the standout from the entire list for most people.

I totally agree with this post, Delilah except I'll never tire of it. This song is widely considered one of the greatest rock 'n roll anthems of all time, both for its clever, satirical lyrics and incredible guitar riff.

I'm glad the song is still in play, even though I don't like that it was saved by a technicality. Perhaps fate intervened because it still deserves to be in the game. The band recognized its greatness and adopted the song almost from its inception and made it their own. So come on Borderers, let's embrace this song the same way the band did and quit treating it like a red-headed stepchild.

Therefore, I will be glad to support a coalition to eliminate Love Will Keep Us Alive this round. I actually am one that likes this song and think it gets a bad wrap. But, it seems like there is an appetite to vote it off. Even though I like it better than some other songs still in the game, I don't think it is a great song compared to Life's Been Good.

SAVE LIFE'S BEEN GOOD!

VOTE FOR LOVE WILL KEEP US ALIVE!

WalshFan88
06-21-2018, 11:57 PM

Well said.

The guitar riff is one of my go to's in a guitar store or trying out new gear. It always gets the attention of the people around me. It's not overplayed in a guitar store like Smoke On The Water or Stairway To Heaven or Sweet Child Of Mine is (or others). So when they hear a recognizable riff that they don't hear often, they perk up and circle around. :lol: It's my most favorite guitar riff at this point.

BillBailey1976
06-22-2018, 06:05 AM
I vote for Life's Been Good

UndertheWire
06-22-2018, 06:36 AM
I'll vote for Learn to be Still again.

longtimeeaglesfan
06-22-2018, 11:01 AM
I vote for nixing LWKUA

East Texas Girl
06-22-2018, 01:17 PM
One more time, my vote is Love Will Keep Us Alive.

Desperada
06-22-2018, 07:06 PM
Love Will Keep Us Alive

Glennsallnighter
06-22-2018, 07:08 PM
Love Will Keep Us Alive

cosec3791
06-23-2018, 09:07 AM
I wanted to actually go for Hole in the World, but seeing everyone else:

I vote for Love Will Keep Us Alive

Very sappy song. Timothy's vocals are decent, but overall, not to my taste. It felt like some pop rather than rock to me. Never got behind the hype. Even Learn to be Still was better.

Anyways, as for Hole in the World, I understand the lyrics talk about an important time for the US, but I never really liked it. It was average on a musical front. Though it has great harmonies.

YoungEaglesFan
06-23-2018, 10:42 AM
I’m actually surprised Hole In The World hasn’t gotten a vote yet. I haven’t heard anyone say they’ve liked the song before

sodascouts
06-23-2018, 12:33 PM
"Hole in the World" Is moving with fantastic harmonies, if a bit repetitive.

Aw man. Poor Tim.

Doesn't anyone wanna give the man a break? Vote Life's Been Good!

LovinGlennGirl
06-23-2018, 12:49 PM
I vote for One Day At A Time.

Delilah
06-23-2018, 01:57 PM
Hole in the World it isn’t very interesting musically, and compared to other songs at the time touching on the same subject, it isn’t all that compelling. But it has nice harmonies and strong lyrics, so I’m not ready to vote it off yet, unless it’s to save another song I like better.

In terms of how well it induces sleep in an elevator, we cannot. :-P

Even though it looks to be on its way out regardless of my vote, I choose Love Will Keep Us Alive to go.

shunlvswx
06-23-2018, 07:11 PM
I’m voting for Love Will Keep Us Alive. I never really like that song.

06-23-2018, 08:19 PM
Dreamer, I love your post-vote summaries. They are hilarious.

Thanks! They are intentionally pretty cheesy, but as I always say, 'Cheesy, yet satisfying'! :wink: :grin:

I’m actually surprised Hole In The World hasn’t gotten a vote yet. I haven’t heard anyone say they’ve liked the song before

YEF - I believe the members have been forming alliances to block Life's Been Good from elimination the last few rounds. The votes in recent rounds do not necessarily reflect the voters actual song preferences, but rather their desire to keep this song in the game.

As for myself there are a couple of remaining songs that I think are inferior to LWKUA; however, it seemed to me that this was the song that would mostly likely go next so I put my personal preferences aside.

But, I, too, am going to join the coalition this time ...

I cast my vote for Love Will Keep Us Alive.

06-23-2018, 08:36 PM
The next song to be eliminated in Non-Studio Album Songs Survivor is Love Will Keep Us Alive. “Love Will Keep Us Alive” you are probably feeling lost and lonely, but there’s not enough love to keep you alive. The tribe has spoken and you are all alone against the world here. So, you can muster up the will to survive, but you’ll have to leave the island first.

Votes
Love Will Keep Us Alive – 11
One Day at a Time – 3
Life’s Been Good – 2
Learn To Be Still – 2

Vote Breakdown
Love Will Keep Us Alive – Freypower
Love Will Keep Us Alive – WalshFan88
Love Will Keep Us Alive – longtimeeaglesfan
Love Will Keep Us Alive – Glennsallnighter
Love Will Keep Us Alive – cosec3791
Love Will Keep Us Alive – shunlvswx
Love Will Keep Us Alive – Ive always been a dreamer
One Day at a Time – LovinGlennGirlLife’s Been Good – sodascouts

Songs Eliminated:
Funky New Year 6/15
All Night Long 6/17
Get You in the Mood 6/21

Songs Remaining:
Life’s Been Good
Seven Bridges Road
Get Over It
The Girl from Yesterday
Learn to Be Still
Hole in the World
One Day at a Time

Voting for Round Six begins now.

Reminder: As we enter into these last rounds, the board clock is running approximately 35 - 36 minutes ahead of actual time. Votes must continue to be time-stamped by the board clock no later than 8:33 in order to be counted.

Freypower
06-23-2018, 09:03 PM
OK... this time I will vote for Life's Been Good.

New Kid In Town
06-23-2018, 09:03 PM
Well, here we go again ! I vote for Learn To Be Still.

YoungEaglesFan
06-23-2018, 09:11 PM
I’m hoping to start a movement to get one day at a time eliminated. I don’t recognize it as being more Eagles like than Life’s been good and it’s an inferior song in my opinion. I vote for One Day At a time

06-23-2018, 09:24 PM
Okay - This time I agree that it's time to pit the two remaining Walsh songs against each other. I am withholding my vote for now, but support YEF's effort to form a coalition to save Life's Been Good again.

As has already been stated, Life's Been Good is a classic rock anthem and many of us feel the Eagles version is even better than the original. In the case of ODAAT, I like the song and feel that the lyrics are really inspirational. However, IMO, Joe's rockin' version on Analog Man is far superior than the Eagles Farewell I version. So, this round I urge everyone to ...

SAVE LIFE'S BEEN GOOD!

VOTE FOR ONE DAY AT A TIME!

WalshFan88
06-23-2018, 09:38 PM
One Day At A Time is my vote.

Delilah
06-23-2018, 09:51 PM
I’m inclined to vote for Girl From Yesterday as I really like ODAAT. However I do agree with Dreamer that the Eagles Farewell version is not as good as Joe’s solo version. Those horns blaring at seemingly inappropriate moments and the corny la la’s really bring it down.

I am not voting yet though.

groupie2686
06-23-2018, 10:03 PM
One Day At A Time

sodascouts
06-24-2018, 12:32 AM
But One Day at a Time is a real Eagles song and Life's Been Good isn't!

SAVE REAL EAGLES SONGS!

VOTE LIFE'S BEEN GOOD!

scottside
06-24-2018, 01:14 AM
Life's Been Good

WalshFan88
06-24-2018, 02:05 AM
But One Day at a Time is a real Eagles song and Life's Been Good isn't!

SAVE REAL EAGLES SONGS!

VOTE LIFE'S BEEN GOOD!

I see them in the same light. Both were on Eagles live albums, not studio albums. Yes, it debuted with the Eagles, but it's just as much of a solo song as LBG is to me anyway.

peneumbra
06-24-2018, 03:39 AM
"Girl With The Faraway Eyes."

What? It's not an Eagles song?!?

Don't confuse me with the facts, OK???:nope:

cosec3791
06-24-2018, 08:08 AM
I see them in the same light. Both were on Eagles live albums, not studio albums. Yes, it debuted with the Eagles, but it's just as much of a solo song as LBG is to me anyway.

Yeah exactly WalshFan. That's how it is actually. Except Farewell I isn't an album per se. More like a DVD. Both are considered official "live releases" to me.

cosec3791
06-24-2018, 08:10 AM
"Girl With The Faraway Eyes."

What? It's not an Eagles song?!?

Don't confuse me with the facts, OK???:nope:

Pardon me, I have no idea about what you are talking about.

cosec3791
06-24-2018, 08:11 AM
Darn. No one is going for Hole in the World. Everyone seems to LOVE it.

I guess I'll do this:
I vote for One Day at a Time (Joe Walsh cover)

Desperada
06-24-2018, 09:14 AM
Life's Been Good

cosec3791
06-24-2018, 01:27 PM

And also, interesting fact WalshFan. While they may not be officially released, Life's Been Good was performed during the Hotel California tour in 1977, as well as All Night Long.

WalshFan88
06-24-2018, 06:04 PM
Yeah exactly WalshFan. That's how it is actually. Except Farewell I isn't an album per se. More like a DVD. Both are considered official "live releases" to me.

I think they also made F1 available on CD.

Glennsallnighter
06-24-2018, 07:46 PM
One Day At a Time

LovinGlennGirl
06-24-2018, 07:53 PM
i vote for One Day At A Time.

Freypower
06-24-2018, 08:56 PM
I think they also made F1 available on CD.

Not to my knowledge.

Freypower
06-24-2018, 08:58 PM
Darn. No one is going for Hole in the World. Everyone seems to LOVE it.

I guess I'll do this:

As has been explained several times, One Day At A Time was performed by the Eagles before it appeared on a Joe Walsh album. It is more of a legitimate Eagles song than Life's Been Good or All Night Long. However the rules have been made.

shunlvswx
06-25-2018, 09:53 AM
I'm voting for One Day At A Time.

I still have no idea why The Girl From Yesterday is still in the game. :headscratch:

UndertheWire
06-25-2018, 11:46 AM
I vote for Learn to be Still

sodascouts
06-25-2018, 12:44 PM

Just in case anyone is still confused on this point...

"One Day at a Time" was advertised and marketed as a "new Eagles song" on Farewell 1, and it was performed by the entire band as part of their show. That was a full seven years before Joe released a differently arranged version on his solo album.

Thus, it is a REAL Eagles song.

Unlike Life's Been Good!

longtimeeaglesfan
06-25-2018, 02:28 PM
Vote One Day at a Time

cosec3791
06-25-2018, 02:35 PM

"One Day at a Time" was advertised and marketed as a "new Eagles song" on Farewell 1, and it was performed by the entire band as part of their show. That was a full seven years before Joe released a differently arranged version on his solo album.

Unlike Life's Been Good!

Jeez. Okay. Fine. I concede.

Interesting tidbit. Life's Been Good was also performed by the Eagles before solo release in the Hotel California tour in 1977. Particularly in October-November, where it was close to the encore.

But at the same time, sorry Soda, that doesn't change my mind. I still like LBG over ODAAT. Though I would've voted for something else, if it weren't for popular choices 😪

Delilah
06-25-2018, 04:14 PM

Unlike Life's Been Good!

But if ODAAT is a real Eagles song, why wasn’t it put on a proper album i.e. LROOE or released as a single like Seven Bridges Road? They opted not to and it appears they forfeited their claim to the song. It is officially a Joe Walsh song now.

Since ODAAT appears to be on its way out and LBG is safe, I cast my vote for The Girl from Yesterday.

East Texas Girl
06-25-2018, 04:34 PM
Cast my vote for One Day At A Time.

Freypower
06-25-2018, 06:39 PM
But if ODAAT is a real Eagles song, why wasn’t it put on a proper album i.e. LROOE or released as a single like Seven Bridges Road? They opted not to and it appears they forfeited their claim to the song. It is officially a Joe Walsh song now.

Since ODAAT appears to be on its way out and LBG is safe, I cast my vote for The Girl from Yesterday.

As long as F1 exists, then ODAAT is an Eagles song. I saw them do it. I am one of the few people on this board who did, I believe. (Where did all the people who wanted LBG gone go? I have now wasted my vote, twice).

As for TGFY, it's heartening to think that maybe opinions about it have changed. It's totally underrated.

YoungEaglesFan
06-25-2018, 06:49 PM
As long as F1 exists, then ODAAT is an Eagles song. I saw them do it. I am one of the few people on this board who did, I believe. (Where did all the people who wanted LBG gone go? I have now wasted my vote, twice).

As for TGFY, it's heartening to think that maybe opinions about it have changed. It's totally underrated.

Though I agree it’s an underrated song, I’ve never seen much support for it. Did it used to be more liked?

Freypower
06-25-2018, 06:53 PM
Though I agree it’s an underrated song, I’ve never seen much support for it. Did it used to be more liked?

It used to be widely disliked; that's the point.

YoungEaglesFan
06-25-2018, 06:57 PM
It used to be widely disliked; that's the point.

Oh sorry I misread your comment. I thought you were saying the opposite

WalshFan88
06-25-2018, 07:24 PM
Not to my knowledge.

Hmm. For some reason I've got the F1 in my iTunes with the songs in it. I tried to find a retailer online but couldn't. Unless I would have found a bootleg (which IS possible), I had to have come across it somewhere. Maybe it was a bonus thing.

Still, ODAAT was never on an Eagles studio album. For me personally, that puts on the same level as LBG, and I much prefer LBG. To each their own I guess.

06-25-2018, 08:27 PM

I have to agree with this logic. ODAAT was never released on an official audio CD to my knowledge. If we're to say that songs included on an officially released video DVD count, then that should mean that Rocky Mountain Way is also a real Eagles song since it is included on the HOTE live concert DVD.

As far as The Girl From Yesterday. Maybe folks haven't voted for it for sentimental reasons since it is Glenn's only remaining song in the game or maybe it's just because we have been voting by coalition to save LBG. I don't know, but I don’t really think people like it that much more now than in the past and agree that it is past time for it to go. Perhaps, it will go soon. So, since it looks like ODAAT is going down ...

I cast my vote for The Girl From Yesterday.

06-25-2018, 08:40 PM
The next song to be eliminated in Non-Studio Album Songs Survivor is One Day at a Time. “One Day at a Time” the tribe has spoken and I guess it was just too damn big of a mountain to climb for you. It’s time to admit that you are the problem and don’t put the blame on anyone else’s shoulders. Now, I know you are usually the last to leave the scene of the crime, but you must leave the island immediately.

Votes
One Day at a Time – 8
Life’s Been Good – 4
Learn To Be Still – 2
The Girl From Yesterday – 2

Vote Breakdown
One Day at a Time – WalshFan88
One Day at a Time – cosec3791
One Day at a Time – Glennsallnighter
One Day at a Time – shunlvswx
One Day at a Time – East Texas Girl
Life’s Been Good – Freypower
Life’s Been Good – scottside
The Girl From Yesterday – Delilah
The Girl From Yesterday – Ive always been a dreamer

Songs Eliminated:
Funky New Year 6/15
All Night Long 6/17
Get You in the Mood 6/21
One Day at a Time 6/25

Songs Remaining:
Life’s Been Good
Seven Bridges Road
Get Over It
The Girl from Yesterday
Learn to Be Still
Hole in the World

Voting for Round Seven begins now.

Reminder: As we enter into these last rounds, the board clock is running approximately 35 - 36 minutes ahead of actual time. Votes must continue to be time-stamped by the board clock no later than 8:33 in order to be counted.

YoungEaglesFan
06-25-2018, 09:05 PM
I was torn between GFY and HITW, but after listening to both I’ll vote for Girl From Yesterday by a hair. I like it but I just prefer HITW more

shunlvswx
06-25-2018, 09:10 PM
I'm voting for The Girl From Yesterday. Nothing against Glenn, but I've never liked that song. I would always skipped that song. I love that type of song, but i wasn't feeling it.

Freypower
06-25-2018, 09:26 PM
Seven Bridges Road

sodascouts
06-25-2018, 09:37 PM

A word in favor of Girl from Yesterday:

It's got lovely harmonies and Glenn sings it with a great deal of passion:

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/images/avatars/avieglennhfo01.gif

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/images/avatars/avieglennhfo02.gif

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/images/avatars/avieglennhfo03.gif

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/images/avatars/avieglennhfo04.gif

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/images/avatars/avieglennhfo09.gif

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/images/avatars/avieglennhfo10.gif

Beautiful!

cosec3791
06-25-2018, 10:44 PM
Finally.

I vote for Life's Been Good (Joe Walsh cover)

No. Not because it is not an Eagles song, or simplistic, etc.

It's because this particular version was overdubbed so much. It is so obvious. I have a bootleg of 1980 Santa Monica (July 29th); performances of Hotel California and Life's Been Good have been taken from this date's concerts for Eagles Live.

On the eve of this game, I heard the original audience recording (btw it is extremely clear; probs an A- for quality). So overdubbed. Which I expected.

So many things. Guitar licks, the roughness was toned down for the album, as well as piano work being changed, drum fills being changed, and also the hilarious lyrics of: "They write Tim letters, tell Glenn, Don's Great!" were not originally sung. Done from the studio as well.

I actually don't like Eagles Live that much. I however felt, compared to some other songs, as a listen, this was better.

Side note: if you ever wanted to listen to a superior version of LBG, listen to 1980 The Forum (soundboard version)

scottside
06-26-2018, 12:09 AM
Life's Been Good

06-26-2018, 01:08 AM

On this I agree with you, Soda. Glenn's vocals are beautiful in this song. However, that still doesn't make it a better song than Life's Been Good to me. So, I urge everyone to once again save LBG by voting for The Girl From Yesterday. We may not be able to save LBG if we split the vote among several songs, let's continue to ban together.

WalshFan88
06-26-2018, 01:28 AM
This was the hardest vote for me yet but ultimately I have to go with it.

The Girl From Yesterday

sodascouts
06-26-2018, 01:31 AM
SAVE THE GIRL FROM YESTERDAY!

VOTE LIFE'S BEEN GOOD!

Desperada
06-26-2018, 04:11 AM
I vote Life's Been Good

Glennsallnighter
06-26-2018, 06:57 AM
I'm voting for One Day At A Time.

I still have no idea why The Girl From Yesterday is still in the game. :headscratch:

I guess some people just love it. I know I do! I suppose the reason these survivor games are so interesting is just beacause we all have such different taste and our guys have such a different mix of songs

So after that defence I'd better vote off Lifes Been Good!!

New Kid In Town
06-26-2018, 07:38 AM
Life's Been Good

groupie2686
06-26-2018, 07:55 AM
I love The Girl From Yesterday! Like soda said, it has beautiful harmonies and Glenn sings it with a lot of emotion. (Lovely screen caps, soda!!)

I vote for Life's Been Good

maryc2130
06-26-2018, 08:22 AM
I vote for The Girl From Yesterday.

I agree, Soda, that the vocals are lovely and Glenn sings it with passion, but the song itself just doesn't do anything for me. The lyrics irritate me. In fact, it would have been one of the first songs I voted for, but it would have been pointless before this.

Brooke
06-26-2018, 10:58 AM
Well, I've been gone for a few days and completely forgot about this game! Looks like what's been voted off were ok with me though!

I will join in and vote for Life's Been Good. Love the song, but something has to go!

LovinGlennGirl
06-26-2018, 11:37 AM
Life's Been Good gets my vote this time.

longtimeeaglesfan
06-26-2018, 11:44 AM
I would like to personally vote for the Girl from Yesterday to be removed from the list.

I encourage others to save Life's Been Good. :guitar:

My My
06-26-2018, 12:28 PM
I vote for The Girl from Yesterday.

shunlvswx
06-26-2018, 12:45 PM
SAVE LIFE'S BEEN GOOD

VOTE THE GIRL FROM YESTERDAY

I know their has to be some people who don't like this song.

East Texas Girl
06-26-2018, 02:17 PM
My vote goes to The Girl from Yesterday.

CAinOH
06-26-2018, 02:56 PM
I vote The Girl From Yesterday

cosec3791
06-27-2018, 04:52 AM
SAVE LIFE'S BEEN GOOD

VOTE THE GIRL FROM YESTERDAY

I know their has to be some people who don't like this song.

Tbh, based on the versions of songs we're voting for, at least The Girl from Yesterday is genuine (either studio or live, wherein overdubs are less probable), whereas Life's Been Good is fake here, with overdubs and all. That's what really turns me off for that song. If Life's Been Good was there generally, I would've definitely voted for TGFY. I still and always will dislike Eagles Live. Such a fake live album, made worse that I can clearly differentiate the overdubs.

cosec3791
06-27-2018, 04:55 AM

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/images/avatars/avieglennhfo01.gif

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/images/avatars/avieglennhfo02.gif

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/images/avatars/avieglennhfo03.gif

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/images/avatars/avieglennhfo04.gif

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/images/avatars/avieglennhfo09.gif

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/images/avatars/avieglennhfo10.gif

Beautiful!

Are we voting for live versions of the Hell Freezes Over songs as per the DVD? Or are we voting off the studio versions which they gave in the live album?

sodascouts
06-27-2018, 01:36 PM
We are using the CD versions. I had totally forgotten they were not the same! Glenn still sings it with beauty and passion.

cosec3791
06-27-2018, 01:46 PM
We are using the CD versions. I had totally forgotten they were not the same! Glenn still sings it with beauty and passion.

Understood. Either way, I'd have voted off LBG. Excessive overdubs, especially if I personally got proof, sour the audio.

Also Soda did you know that LBG was also performed with the Eagles before release?

And also btw, even 1976 The Forum releases on the Hotel California 40th Anniversary Edition were overdubbed lol

sodascouts
06-27-2018, 02:07 PM
Also Soda did you know that LBG was also performed with the Eagles before release?

I did not know that! How interesting. However, at that time, it was not presented as commercially released Eagles song like "One Day at a Time" was, since Joe was about to release it as a solo track. It was performed much like "Help Me Thru the Night" and "Turn to Stone" were with the Eagles. On the other hand, "One Day at a Time" was explicitly promoted as a new Eagles song in order to help sell copies of Farewell 1.

Delilah
06-27-2018, 03:05 PM
Glenn does a lovely job singing TGFY and Don adds some really nice harmonies. I’m afraid that isn’t enough to make it a better tune than LBG, though. I just heard someone singing karaoke LBG the other night at a local bar; that’s how popular and well-known this song is even after all these years. It has endured.

And also btw, even 1976 The Forum releases on the Hotel California 40th Anniversary Edition were overdubbed lol

This was discussed in one of the 40th Anniversary threads, I believe. The question came up when would it have been overdubbed and by whom?

06-27-2018, 08:30 PM
Well another close round. I think Glenn's vocals on TGFY are outstanding, but I'm not crazy about the lyrics - the woman comes across as pretty pathetic, so ...

I cast my vote for The Girl From Yesterday.

06-27-2018, 08:39 PM
In another nailbiter, the next song to be eliminated in Non-Studio Album Songs Survivor is The Girl From Yesterday. “The Girl From Yesterday” the tribe has spoken and there’s no need to count the teardrops. It is really sad the way you must say goodbye. But, it’s time to pack your things, walk out the door, and drive away. Please leave the island immediately.

Votes
The Girl From Yesterday – 10
Life’s Been Good – 9
Seven Bridges Road – 1

Vote Breakdown
The Girl From Yesterday – YoungEaglesFan
The Girl From Yesterday – shunlvswx
The Girl From Yesterday – WalshFan88
The Girl From Yesterday – maryc2130
The Girl From Yesterday – longtimeeaglesfan
The Girl From Yesterday – My My
The Girl From Yesterday – East Texas Girl
The Girl From Yesterday – CainOH
The Girl From Yesterday – Delilah
The Girl From Yesterday – Ive always been a dreamer
Life’s Been Good – cosec3791
Life’s Been Good – scottside
Life’s Been Good – Glennsallnighter
Life’s Been Good – New Kid In Town
Life’s Been Good – groupie2686
Life’s Been Good – Brooke
Life’s Been Good – LovinGlennGirl
Seven Bridges Road – Freypower

Songs Eliminated:
Funky New Year 6/15
All Night Long 6/17
Get You in the Mood 6/21
One Day at a Time 6/25
The Girl from Yesterday 6/27

Songs Remaining:
Life’s Been Good
Seven Bridges Road
Get Over It
Learn to Be Still
Hole in the World

Voting for Round Eight begins now.

Reminder: The board clock is running approximately 35 - 36 minutes ahead of actual time. Votes must continue to be time-stamped by the board clock no later than 8:33 in order to be counted.

Freypower
06-27-2018, 09:22 PM
Tbh, based on the versions of songs we're voting for, at least The Girl from Yesterday is genuine (either studio or live, wherein overdubs are less probable), whereas Life's Been Good is fake here, with overdubs and all. That's what really turns me off for that song. If Life's Been Good was there generally, I would've definitely voted for TGFY. I still and always will dislike Eagles Live. Such a fake live album, made worse that I can clearly differentiate the overdubs.

I will use your quote to explain why I am voting for Seven Bridges Road.

While I knew the live album was fake & overdubbed, for some reason I thought that 7BR was about the only track which did represent what they sounded like live. (I guess I thought the version of LBG was fairly real too, but it isn't according to you).

Then not long ago I discovered that part of Glenn's vocal has been removed from it & replaced with a second part by Don Henley. It utterly turned me off the song, which I vowed I would never listen to again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCT9dpphUD4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMPmdqZNaFA

This is an extreme reaction on my part. I am well aware that this song will probably win this game. But to me it is a fraud. And even if I hadn't found out that information, I was bored with the song anyway. They didn't write it. It isn't what it seems.

YoungEaglesFan
06-27-2018, 09:28 PM

While I knew the live album was fake & overdubbed, for some reason I thought that 7BR was about the only track which did represent what they sounded like live. (I guess I thought the version of LBG was fairly real too, but it isn't according to you).

Then not long ago I discovered that part of Glenn's vocal has been removed from it & replaced with a second part by Don Henley. It utterly turned me off the song, which I vowed I would never listen to again.

This is an extreme reaction on my part. I am well aware that this song will probably win this game. But to me it is a fraud. And even if I hadn't found out that information, I was bored with the song anyway. They didn't write it. It isn't what it seems.

Don Felder’s part is also completely redone. I will still vote for the song but the song is quite touched up

New Kid In Town
06-27-2018, 09:34 PM

YEF - How/when did you learn Don Felder's voice had been "redone"? I had read on this board in another thread about the part regarding Glenn.

YoungEaglesFan
06-27-2018, 09:41 PM

YEF - How/when did you learn Don Felder's voice had been "redone"? I had read on this board in another thread about the part regarding Glenn.

If you listen to his part it has an odd quality of it that is hard to describe but it has more echo and it’s more clear I suppose than the parts that were done live. I believe Felder references fixing parts for Eagles live. If you listen to the whole part the bass part is pretty easy to hear despite the fact when you listen to say the Long Beach version his part is not easy to hear. None of that is direct proof but I think it adds up.

YoungEaglesFan
06-27-2018, 09:42 PM
I vote Life’s been good. I think it’s lasted long enough and the rest are what I believe to be solid eagles songs. That trumps a solid solo song in my opinion

longtimeeaglesfan
06-27-2018, 10:11 PM
I vote for Learn to be Still to be eliminated.

scottside
06-27-2018, 11:28 PM
Life's Been Good

sodascouts
06-27-2018, 11:34 PM
Too bad we couldn't get one more vote for Life's Been Good. It deserved to go out before but it keeps squeaking by. Is it really going to be one of our top three "Eagles" songs? What a sad commentary!

However, I hate the preachy and self-righteous Learn to Be Still. If it goes, I won't cry.

UndertheWire
06-28-2018, 03:08 AM
I missed a round but it doesn't seem to have made any difference.

Once again, I vote for Lean to be Still. It's still a dirge and - to me - not really an Eagles song. I'd listen to LBG over it any day.

Desperada
06-28-2018, 04:42 AM
Life's Been Good

cosec3791
06-28-2018, 08:30 AM
I did not know that! How interesting. However, at that time, it was not presented as commercially released Eagles song like "One Day at a Time" was, since Joe was about to release it as a solo track. It was performed much like "Help Me Thru the Night" and "Turn to Stone" were with the Eagles. On the other hand, "One Day at a Time" was explicitly promoted as a new Eagles song in order to help sell copies of Farewell 1.

Understood for One Day at a Time. As for LBG, it was performed in the Hotel California Tour regularly in the USA. They did not do it for foreign venues though. It was apparently done at the Capital Center, Knoxville, Alpine Valley Music Theater, amongst others. Always close to the encore.

groupie2686
06-28-2018, 09:55 AM
I don't understand the dislike for Learn to Be Still...it's a beautiful song and it has great lyrics that for me at least have been applicable to my own life. It's better than the repetitive Hole in the World.

However, I vote for Life's Been Good

My My
06-28-2018, 10:41 AM
I like the song too, Groupie. My vote is also for Life's Been Good.

cosec3791
06-28-2018, 12:42 PM
Glenn does a lovely job singing TGFY and Don adds some really nice harmonies. I’m afraid that isn’t enough to make it a better tune than LBG, though. I just heard someone singing karaoke LBG the other night at a local bar; that’s how popular and well-known this song is even after all these years. It has endured.

This was discussed in one of the 40th Anniversary threads, I believe. The question came up when would it have been overdubbed and by whom?

Yeah indeed TGFY is sung well. But yeah, LBG is better. But I still voted it off due to overdubs.

And about the 40th Anniversary, yes indeed. I'll give an example. So in HC, Joe actually mucks up the first part for his solo, but it was changed in the release.

cosec3791
06-28-2018, 12:58 PM

Yesss!!!! Finally somone recognizes my comments! Yes, Eagles Live is such a fraud for a live album! Thanks

And yes, SBR is overdubbed to make it as "perfect" as can be. To use Henley for Frey's parts is just not right. I kinda understand the logistics part and all, but still. What's even worse is that the Santa Monica bootleg which I have contains a brilliant version of SBR as good as the released one. Why couldn't they have used that? The stuff they do...

And for LBG, piano and certain drum fills and guitar parts were changed from what was done. But the best proof is the change in lyrics. The hilarious lyrics of "They write Tim letters, tell Glenn Don's Great" were overdubbed. The normal ones were sung originally.

What Eagles Live basically is is a series of re-recorded album songs. Not really live per se.

So I urge everyone who has to vote:

SAVE GENUINE SONGS!

VOTE OVERDUBBED RECORDINGS!!

cosec3791
06-28-2018, 01:00 PM
With that all being said, now:

I vote for Seven Bridges Road (Steve Young cover)

Brooke
06-28-2018, 04:11 PM
Interesting stuff here! I didn't know about all this overdubbing!

And I like LTBS too!

I will vote again for Life's Been Good.

Freypower
06-28-2018, 07:13 PM
Yesss!!!! Finally somone recognizes my comments! Yes, Eagles Live is such a fraud for a live album! Thanks

And yes, SBR is overdubbed to make it as "perfect" as can be. To use Henley for Frey's parts is just not right. I kinda understand the logistics part and all, but still. What's even worse is that the Santa Monica bootleg which I have contains a brilliant version of SBR as good as the released one. Why couldn't they have used that? The stuff they do...

And for LBG, piano and certain drum fills and guitar parts were changed from what was done. But the best proof is the change in lyrics. The hilarious lyrics of "They write Tim letters, tell Glenn Don's Great" were overdubbed. The normal ones were sung originally.

What Eagles Live basically is is a series of re-recorded album songs. Not really live per se.

So I urge everyone who has to vote:

SAVE GENUINE SONGS!

VOTE OVERDUBBED RECORDINGS!!

I don't wish to flog a dead horse, but those carefully placed audiences reactions in 7BR - are they dubbed too? I am thinking about the one after 'time sweetened honey' & I think there are a couple of others. I always liked Glenn's intro, the way he says 'I hope you like this' & his 'thank you' at the end. But I now find it meaningless. Anyway...

Regarding LTBS it has been very helpful to me as an individual, but I understand the criticism of it.

LovinGlennGirl
06-28-2018, 09:22 PM