PDA

View Full Version : New Anthology: LEGACY

CAinOH
09-26-2018, 01:09 PM
Just announced on the Eagles Facebook page and web site:

https://www.eagles.com/news/297835

Comprehensive 12CD/DVD/Blu-ray Set Spans the Legendary Band’s Career with Seven Studio Albums, Three Live Albums, Singles, B-Sides, and Two Concert Videos

15LP Version Includes the Vinyl Debut of Millennium Concert

Both Versions Will Be Available on November 2

The Eagles created an indelible musical legacy over an extraordinary career that spans more than 40 years and includes six number one albums, more than a dozen Top 40 hits, and six GRAMMY Awards. This fall, LEGACY will bring together all the music that made the Eagles one of the best-selling bands in music history in one extraordinary collection.

Two versions of LEGACY will be available on November 2 and are available for pre-order here. The first has 12 CDs and includes all seven of the band’s studio albums, three live albums, and a compilation of singles and b-sides. It also includes two concert videos: Hell Freezes Over (DVD) and Farewell Tour: Live From Melbourne (Blu-ray).

A vinyl version of LEGACY will also be available the same day. It has all the music from the CDs on 15 LPs, but none of the videos. Both sets are housed in handsome slipcases and accompanied by a 54-page hardbound book that’s filled with rare and unseen photos, memorabilia, and artwork that encompasses the band’s entire career.

A limited number of exclusive Eagles LEGACY T-Shirt bundles are also available for pre-order in the official online store.

Grammy-winning mastering engineer Bob Ludwig remastered Hell Freezes Over and Millennium Concert especially for LEGACY. Both albums – along with several tracks from the Singles and B-Sidescompilation – are being released on vinyl for the first time ever as part of this collection, save for a small European vinyl pressing of Hell Freezes Over around its original release in 1994. In addition, the phenomenal double-album Eagles Live is making its long-awaited return to vinyl in this set after being out-of-print for decades.

LEGACY follows the Eagles through the different stage of the band’s storied career, from the country-rock of early albums like Desperado and the superstar success of Hotel California, to the band’s 1994 reunion Hell Freezes Over and its most-recent studio album, 2005’s Long Road Out of Eden. All of the band’s hits, deep cuts and fan favorites are here, including “Take It Easy,” “Already Gone,” “Hotel California,” “Please Come Home For Christmas,” “Heartbreak Tonight” “No More Cloudy Days,” and “Get Over It.”

LEGACY
CD/DVD/Blu-ray Listing

Eagles (1972)
Desperado (1973)
On The Border (1974)
One of These Nights (1975)
Hotel California (1976)
The Long Run (1979)
Eagles Live (1980)
Hell Freezes Over (1994)
Millennium Concert (2000)
Long Road Out of Eden (2007)
Single and B-Sides (2018 )
1. “Take It Easy” (Single Version)
2. “Get You In The Mood” (Non-LP B Side)
3. “Outlaw Man” (Single Version)
4. “Best Of My Love” (Single Version)
5. “One Of These Nights” (Single Edit)
6. “Lyin’ Eyes” (Single Edit)
7. “Take It To The Limit” (Single Edit)
8. “Please Come Home For Christmas”
9. “Funky New Year”
10. “Hole In The World”

DVD: Hell Freezes Over (1994)
Blu-ray: Farewell Tour: Live From Melbourne (2005)

LEGACY
LP Listing

Eagles (1972)
Desperado (1973)
On The Border (1974)
Hotel California (1976)
The Long Run (1979)
Eagles Live – Double LP (1980)
Hell Freezes Over – Double LP (1994)
Millennium Concert – Double LP (2000)
Long Road Out of Eden – Double LP (2007)

CAinOH
09-26-2018, 01:13 PM
I would love to have the t-shirt, but I'm not buying $200 worth of items I already have just to get a t-shirt. Maybe they'll offer that separately later. (Ha! I can dream...)

scottside
09-26-2018, 01:40 PM
Wow! The only song I don't have on cd is "Get You In The Mood." What colossal disappointment.....and money grab!

Brooke
09-26-2018, 02:18 PM
Yip, same here. I don't need what I already have. I would like to have the 'rare and unseen photos, memorabilia, and artwork', but not for that kind of money. :sad:

The Rolling Stones just announced a release of an old tour. https://wror.com/2018/09/25/trailer-new-rolling-stones-release-voodoo-lounge-uncut/

Something like that from the Eagles would be so cool! But alas, they don't have a vault! Right! :roll:

Toxic34
09-26-2018, 02:34 PM
Is either version of Hell Freezes Over and the Millennium Concert the same as their original releases, or are these renditions of the full concerts for the first time?

New Kid In Town
09-26-2018, 04:21 PM
This is JMHO, but I think this is such a rip off. Most people have all of this already. If they REALLY wanted to release something, why not release a dvd/cd of the HOTE Tour and maybe the second night of HFO ( which I think is better than the first).

I think this is all the same of what they have released before. If I want a t-shirt I'll go to their site and pay $25-$40. Boy they never cease to try and gouge money from people.

CAinOH
09-26-2018, 04:30 PM
Okay, there is no mention of it in the text, but the picture on the Eagles web site shows a book.

https://eagles.com/store/product/eagles-legacy-12cddvdbrd-box-set--exclusive-t-shirt

sodascouts
09-26-2018, 06:32 PM
Is either version of Hell Freezes Over and the Millennium Concert the same as their original releases, or are these renditions of the full concerts for the first time?

They are the same as the original releases.

sodascouts
09-26-2018, 06:44 PM
To sum up: This has all been released before with the exception of Disc 12 and whatever photos and such are in the book that comes with it.

Disc 12 is the one with the Singles and B-Sides. Per the description:
9. “Funky New Year”
10. “Hole In The World”

Now, "Please Come Home for Christmas" and "Hole in the World" have been released before on collections, but the single edits, "Funky New Year," and "Get You In the Mood" haven't been released before on CD (unless you count their special "Eagles Catalog" box set (https://www.amazon.com/Eagles-Catalog/dp/B0007PAMLU/ref=sr_1_72?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1538001682&sr=1-72&keywords=eagles), which contains a cool "CD single" of PCHFC/FNY).

If I get it, and I probably will because I'm a completist, I'll get the bundle with the T-shirt.

(Yeah, I'll suck it up and deal with "Wonderful Union.")

A note about pre-ordering with Amazon: It is a risk. They are unreliable. If you're buying from Amazon, you're better off waiting until the day of release, IMHO.

I'll probably ask for it for Christmas from my parents. It's a bit pricey for me now!

CAinOH
09-26-2018, 06:52 PM
A note about pre-orders: pre-ordering with Amazon is a risk. If you're buying from them, you're better off waiting until the day of release, IMHO.

Yes, I second this (from experience).

shunlvswx
09-26-2018, 08:17 PM
To tell the truth. I don’t have all the albums. Only CDs I have are Eagles Live, hell freezes over, The Very Best of the Eagles, and LROOE. I would love to get this box set one day. I still want the HC box set. I would definitely want the book.

Glennsallnighter
09-28-2018, 04:25 AM
To sum up: This has all been released before with the exception of Disc 12 and whatever photos and such are in the book that comes with it.

Disc 12 is the one with the Singles and B-Sides. Per the description:
9. “Funky New Year”
10. “Hole In The World”

Now, "Please Come Home for Christmas" and "Hole in the World" have been released before on collections, but the single edits, "Funky New Year," and "Get You In the Mood" haven't been released before on CD (unless you count their special "Eagles Catalog" box set (https://www.amazon.com/Eagles-Catalog/dp/B0007PAMLU/ref=sr_1_72?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1538001682&sr=1-72&keywords=eagles), which contains a cool "CD single" of PCHFC/FNY).

If I get it, and I probably will because I'm a completist, I'll get the bundle with the T-shirt.

(Yeah, I'll suck it up and deal with "Wonderful Union.")

A note about pre-ordering with Amazon: It is a risk. They are unreliable. If you're buying from Amazon, you're better off waiting until the day of release, IMHO.

I'll probably ask for it for Christmas from my parents. It's a bit pricey for me now!

I pretty much feel the same, I would like the collection and I'd love to get LROOE on vinyl as well as the t-shirt but its very expensive for stuff I already have. We'll see.

sodascouts
09-28-2018, 07:15 AM
I pretty much feel the same, I would like the collection and I'd love to get LROOE on vinyl as well as the t-shirt but its very expensive for stuff I already have. We'll see.

Last year I asked my parents for the Hotel California re-release for Christmas. Now it will be this. These guys know what they're doing when they put it out in November.

If I don't get it then, it will be a while. Maybe Christmas 2019.... although they'll probably release something else then!

Ive always been a dreamer
09-28-2018, 10:46 AM
Yeah - I think I'm going to pass on this for now. I already have everything on CD, but not on vinyl so that's what I'll get if I decide to purchase this. Now, why in the world don't they release a HOTE DVD? I think the fans would jump all over that!

And I agree about the Amazon pre-ordering - I've had nothing but bad experiences with it.

DrRyan454
09-29-2018, 12:03 AM
Just announced on the Eagles Facebook page and web site:

https://www.eagles.com/news/297835

Comprehensive 12CD/DVD/Blu-ray Set Spans the Legendary Band’s Career with Seven Studio Albums, Three Live Albums, Singles, B-Sides, and Two Concert Videos

15LP Version Includes the Vinyl Debut of Millennium Concert

Both Versions Will Be Available on November 2

The Eagles created an indelible musical legacy over an extraordinary career that spans more than 40 years and includes six number one albums, more than a dozen Top 40 hits, and six GRAMMY Awards. This fall, LEGACY will bring together all the music that made the Eagles one of the best-selling bands in music history in one extraordinary collection.

Two versions of LEGACY will be available on November 2 and are available for pre-order here. The first has 12 CDs and includes all seven of the band’s studio albums, three live albums, and a compilation of singles and b-sides. It also includes two concert videos: Hell Freezes Over (DVD) and Farewell Tour: Live From Melbourne (Blu-ray).

A vinyl version of LEGACY will also be available the same day. It has all the music from the CDs on 15 LPs, but none of the videos. Both sets are housed in handsome slipcases and accompanied by a 54-page hardbound book that’s filled with rare and unseen photos, memorabilia, and artwork that encompasses the band’s entire career.

A limited number of exclusive Eagles LEGACY T-Shirt bundles are also available for pre-order in the official online store.

Grammy-winning mastering engineer Bob Ludwig remastered Hell Freezes Over and Millennium Concert especially for LEGACY. Both albums – along with several tracks from the Singles and B-Sidescompilation – are being released on vinyl for the first time ever as part of this collection, save for a small European vinyl pressing of Hell Freezes Over around its original release in 1994. In addition, the phenomenal double-album Eagles Live is making its long-awaited return to vinyl in this set after being out-of-print for decades.

LEGACY follows the Eagles through the different stage of the band’s storied career, from the country-rock of early albums like Desperado and the superstar success of Hotel California, to the band’s 1994 reunion Hell Freezes Over and its most-recent studio album, 2005’s Long Road Out of Eden. All of the band’s hits, deep cuts and fan favorites are here, including “Take It Easy,” “Already Gone,” “Hotel California,” “Please Come Home For Christmas,” “Heartbreak Tonight” “No More Cloudy Days,” and “Get Over It.”

LEGACY
CD/DVD/Blu-ray Listing

Eagles (1972)
Desperado (1973)
On The Border (1974)
Hotel California (1976)
The Long Run (1979)
Eagles Live (1980)
Hell Freezes Over (1994)
Millennium Concert (2000)
Long Road Out of Eden (2007)
9. “Funky New Year”
10. “Hole In The World”

DVD: Hell Freezes Over (1994)
Blu-ray: Farewell Tour: Live From Melbourne (2005)

LEGACY
LP Listing

Eagles (1972)
Desperado (1973)
On The Border (1974)
Hotel California (1976)
The Long Run (1979)
Eagles Live – Double LP (1980)
Hell Freezes Over – Double LP (1994)
Millennium Concert – Double LP (2000)
Long Road Out of Eden – Double LP (2007)

Is there any way to stream it or buy on iTunes?

DrRyan454
09-29-2018, 12:05 AM
To tell the truth. I don’t have all the albums. Only CDs I have are Eagles Live, hell freezes over, The Very Best of the Eagles, and LROOE. I would love to get this box set one day. I still want the HC box set. I would definitely want the book.

I bought Eagles Greatest Hits, Vol. 2 and bought some of their single songs. However, in recent times I stopped buying their songs because now I can stream them on Spotify.

sodascouts
09-29-2018, 10:14 AM
Is there any way to stream it or buy on iTunes?

I think there will be. When you go to the page to pre-order (https://lnk.to/EaglesLegacy), it shows links to Apple Music and Spotify.

The real question is: will those rarities be available to buy / stream individually?

sodascouts
09-30-2018, 09:19 PM
One thing I noticed about the book as I was looking at the pictures: they are the same size as whatever your product is - the one that comes with the CD is CD-sized and the one that comes with the LP is LP-sized. It's not like the Hotel California special release which came in a package that allowed for larger books. If you want the big one, you'll need to get the LP collection.

New Kid In Town
10-01-2018, 07:42 AM
I have all the original lp's from 1972-1980. I have greatest hits vol.1 in lp and cd , vol. 2 in cd and LROOE in cd. In addition, I also have the 40th annv. HC cd. I will not be purchasing this, at least for now. I wish they had released a CD/DVD of the HOTE Tour. We know they filmed each show. Bernie gave an interview a few years ago about studying films from each show for "mistakes". Most people do not want the same thing again. They want new stuff such as old concert footage from the 70's and HOTE released.

groupie2686
10-01-2018, 09:31 AM
I have most of the albums on CD (I am missing their first album), plus HFO and the Millennium Concert, and HFO and the Melbourne concert on DVD, so I likely won't be getting this. I agree with New Kid, I want new stuff, not the same things released again. Concert footage from the 70s and HOTE would be awesome! The book would be nice, but it's not worth the money for me just for that.

FreyFollower
10-01-2018, 01:01 PM
There are too many repeats on this set for me, too. I'm hoping eventually some will "part out" their sets, selling individual pieces of it on ebay.
They need to realize that they could make much more money selling people what they want (HOTE and other non-duplicated material) than continually peddling what they want to sell ( repackaging of virtually the same thing).

EaglesCN
10-12-2018, 03:01 AM
Really hope them will realease other new Live Shows Dvd or Cds,instead of re-relase old things.
such as hfo tour,history tour or even An evening with eagles tour,it will be interesting.

Glennsallnighter
10-12-2018, 05:35 AM
By the time I would pay postage and duty on this I don't think I'd have change from $500. I'll have to wait till I go to the States next and organise to have it delivered to a friend from whom I can pick it up.

sodascouts
10-14-2018, 04:35 PM
I was thinking - this box set is a really good deal for people who don't have much of their catalog, if you add up the individual value of the items.

The problem is that most fans do already have a lot of their catalog.

Maybe it's mostly aimed at people who have the catalog largely on vinyl? Or who have the Greatest Hits and Hotel California, but little else?

Still, would those kind of casual fans put out this much cash?

Well, I'm sure they know what they're doing.

Dawn
10-14-2018, 08:35 PM
FWIW I also have had mixed results with Amazon pre-orders.

sodascouts
10-15-2018, 12:05 PM
When you think about it, there's really no reason to pre-order. You won't get it first. You won't get it for less. It does save you from having to remember the release date, but that small benefit is definitely not worth the risk of Amazon screwing it up, IMHO. Just set yourself a reminder on your phone or something.

cosec3791
10-15-2018, 02:22 PM
From the Eagles would be so cool! But alas, they don't have a vault! Right! :roll:

Bull. Sh*t.

Clearly, they have A LOT OF STUFF which we don't have. Some we know, others, no. Clearly, a lot of the bootlegs circulating (Seattle 1976, Houston 1976, etc. come to mind) are with them, albeit remastered (not the bad quality stuff we have). But then they have so much we'll probably never get. This is my list of video recordings they most probably would have. I'm not saying it as a 100% fact, but I feel with the exception of one, all the others have some evidence of existence.

1. 1973 Schaefer Music Festival
2. 1973 ABC TV
3. 1974 Cal Jam Eagles full set (the ABC-KLOL simulcast is not full)
4. 1975 Wembley (Midsummer Music) (though it is admittedly, kind of a hunch)
5. 1975 Philadelphia (not the same date as the audience recording; rather a date after the European leg with Joe Walsh during encore)
6. 1976 The Forum
7. 1976 Kansas
8. 1976 Michigan
9. 1977 Capital Center (and maybe way more 1977 shows than we know)
10. 1979 Hawaii
11. 1980 Texxas Jam
12. 1980 Houston
13. 1980 Santa Monica
14. 1980 Long Beach
15. Every. Single. Damn. Show. From 1994-present (okay, maybe not Tiger Jam).

And Henley says the vault is empty. Btw, this is just a sample of what they'll actually have. They probably have way more. At least soundboards, if not videos. Sad tbh.

Sorry I used a swear-word at the beginning, but I really am annoyed so much that I feel it was just needed to be used.

And as a hunch I think they even have 1977 London from 9th April, at least one 1978 concert, etc. At least as soundboards.

And for people looking forward to a HFO or after release, not gonna happen. Particularly HFO. Why? Henley says he doesn't like the era. And he probably feels the same about almost all the other post 1999 shows as well.

cosec3791
10-15-2018, 02:34 PM
If I don't get it then, it will be a while. Maybe Christmas 2019.... although they'll probably release something else then!

In my opinion, the prospects of that don't sound too good...

vshiloh
10-15-2018, 09:11 PM
Henley not liking the HFO period is another reason he's retarded

sodascouts
10-15-2018, 11:08 PM
I don't agree with his dislike of HFO either, but let's not call Henley retarded!

Glennsallnighter
10-16-2018, 06:01 AM
No way would I ever describe Don Henley as retarded. Another thing to add to the vault is that when some of us Borderers were at Glenn :heart:'s solo shows in Niagara Falls in 2011 there was a notice saying the show was being recorded - I'd so love to see that show released.

sodascouts
10-18-2018, 07:09 AM
Oh my gosh, yes. I wonder what ever happened to that?

As for all those HOTE recordings they did every night of that tour - I wonder if they didn't like how they looked? I couldn't help but notice they didn't have any clips from it in the documentary, even when they were talking about it. They just kept showing Farewll 1 era.

FreyFollower
10-18-2018, 08:33 AM
To have a video from those Niagra Falls shows would be a dream! And maybe more likely than a release of HOTE videos since all the other guys don't have a vote on it.
I was thinking the HOTE tour was done after the HOTE movie was released. But whatever, I want one of those videos, too!:pray:

New Kid In Town
10-18-2018, 08:54 AM
I thought the movie was filmed in 2012, before the tour started in 2013. Soda, that could be true for the last year of shows. From pictures I have seen here as well as other sites, I always thought Glenn did not look good - you could tell from the pictures his health was declining. If you look at him in 2012 in the film, and photos from the tour from late 2014 to 2015, the contrast is shocking. However, they still have all the shows from 2013 that were filmed.
And FF, a video of the Niagra shows would be awesome.

sodascouts
10-18-2018, 09:47 AM
Oops, my mistake! I meant the LROOE tour. You are both quite right that the HOTE documentary preceded its tour!

I personally thought they looked fine during that tour, but they may have disagreed.

10-18-2018, 10:56 AM
Well - I would even love to have a DVD of the LROOE tour (but only after they ditched those funeral suits lol). However, I would much prefer one of the HOTE tour, especially if they included footage from the LA Forum show where they also added How Long and 7BR to the setlist. I agree that Glenn had aged some in the HOTE's tour, but he still looked good especially in the early part of the tour. I haven't given up hope that some day we'll get something.

FreyFollower
10-18-2018, 11:17 AM
On yeah, I want a video of that tour, too! I only want it all! Lol!
Seriously, I wish they would realize that fans' desire for these shows is not in seeking perfection, musically or physically, from our heroes. We all get older, we all make mistakes.

But it would be a trip back to wonderful memory, a beautiful song, of a space and time (and a person) that will never come again. We love THEM, would like to see more of THEM, and they just don't get it!:cry:

Glennsallnighter
10-18-2018, 04:02 PM
There's a bootleg of the Madison Square Garden show from LROOE out there somewhere, I think I bought it off a third party site way back. Can't imagine that the graphics are great though by today's standards

sodascouts
10-19-2018, 06:16 AM
I think people don't do full bootlegs as much as they used to. Perhas it's because people are doing YouTube vids instead.

groupie2686
10-19-2018, 01:05 PM
Seriously, I wish they would realize that fans' desire for these shows is not in seeking perfection, musically or physically, from our heroes. We all get older, we all make mistakes.

But it would be a trip back to wonderful memory, a beautiful song, of a space and time (and a person) that will never come again. We love THEM, would like to see more of THEM, and they just don't get it!:cry:

I agree! I'm sure that many of their "mistakes" that would prevent them from releasing this stuff would not even be caught by most fans. I don't care if one note was out of place, I still want to see it!

cosec3791
10-20-2018, 01:28 AM
No way would I ever describe Don Henley as retarded. Another thing to add to the vault is that when some of us Borderers were at Glenn :heart:'s solo shows in Niagara Falls in 2011 there was a notice saying the show was being recorded - I'd so love to see that show released.

Errr.... isn't a Glenn solo show his property, not in the band's vault?

cosec3791
10-20-2018, 01:32 AM

The sad news is don't expect it though, they wouldn't. They have so much actually, but they will not divulge.

While fans don't, they just do. Particularly Henley. He doesn't care about what the fans want when it comes to live releases. He only wants what he wants. I feel like he only gets satisfied once overdubbing is done.

They get that we want to see them more (the ample bootlegs and vids on YouTube tell it all). They just won't give in. Again, particularly Henley, as he is the only boss in the band.

Definitely don't expect a HFO release anymore. Henley hates that era.

cosec3791
10-20-2018, 01:35 AM
I think people don't do full bootlegs as much as they used to. Perhas it's because people are doing YouTube vids instead.

Some still do that actually. It's just that they are not as common. Particularly audio audience recordings. Go to Guitars101 or sugarmegs and there is a good amount, particularly from the HOTE tour.

sodascouts
10-21-2018, 08:56 AM
Errr.... isn't a Glenn solo show his property, not in the band's vault?
True but that actually brings up another question. Do the venues ever record for their own purposes? Or is that crazy?

Brooke
10-22-2018, 03:03 PM
True but that actually brings up another question. Do the venues ever record for their own purposes? Or is that crazy?

I wouldn't think the band (particularly Henley) would allow a venue to record them.

cosec3791
10-23-2018, 12:16 PM
Now take what I'm saying with a pinch of salt, but, anyways, my friends talked to some guys who have some rare Eagles stuff (which I won't get to see unfortunately :-( )

Anyways, some interesting things were claimed by those people about the recording of Eagles stuff.

Firstly, it is most probable that almost every member has at least part of the vault personally with them. Joe has a copy of a concert in Michigan. Full pro shot video and soundboard. In fact, he was the one who requested to film, and a certain someone reluctantly agreed.

And actually, Capital Center was a turning point in the way they filmed concerts. You see Soda and Brooke, they actually approved the filming. It was for them. Another one of those "guys" went along with them on almost every tour, and there was so much recorded after 1977 Capital Center. At least 30-40+ concerts were recorded b/w 1977 and 1980. So, yeah they have a lot with Joe and Tim especially. Unfortunately, Bernie fans, this was not so much the case before 77. So, asking for a pre 1976 release will be tough. But then again, any release is tough from the Eagles' side, right?

As for HFO and after; I cannot stress this enough: Every. Single. Damn. Show. Was. Recorded. There would be a 100+ concerts available. And it is for the band as well, besides the screens of course.

So why do I tell these details?
a. To answer Brooke's and Soda's questions about approving recordings
b. Further dispelling the lie of Henley, that nothing is in the vault.

This is what probably annoys me the most when it comes to Henley. He claims there is nothing, when clearly there is SO much. At least 10 more available.

So, please, stop rehashing same old-same old, and actually give us something new, please? With a cherry on top?

Then again, they would find some way to overdub those too.

cosec3791
10-23-2018, 12:18 PM
And btw, Soda, that person who told retard, was one of my friends! Unlike the baby boomer and Gen X generations, "retard" is a throwaway term for the millenials and Gen Z youth. So, he actually doesn't mean it in the slightest.

FreyFollower
10-23-2018, 01:07 PM
Well, of course, video that they supposedly didn't have magically appeared for the HOTE doc. But there is the unfortunate possibility that the bulk of these other tapings you speak of have been destroyed.:cry:

sodascouts
10-25-2018, 01:21 AM
I can totally see them destroying a lot of the newer stuff, just because there's so much of it. Upsetting, though!

Glennsallnighter
11-05-2018, 06:07 PM
Has anyone actually received their Legacy Albums etc and if so whats the verdict?

groupie2686
11-06-2018, 03:27 PM
My pandora has started to play tracks from this. It played a radio edit of Best of My Love yesterday - I didn't know there even was a radio edit. It cut the middle of the song out, quite abruptly, like it skipped or something. It sounded awful. I thought they didn't do radio edits?? (I wasn't born yet when BOML came out, so I don't know if this was ever on the radio!)

New Kid In Town
11-06-2018, 04:59 PM
My pandora has started to play tracks from this. It played a radio edit of Best of My Love yesterday - I didn't know there even was a radio edit. It cut the middle of the song out, quite abruptly, like it skipped or something. It sounded awful. I thought they didn't do radio edits?? (I wasn't born yet when BOML came out, so I don't know if this was ever on the radio!)

Yes, a few of their songs were edited for AM radio back in the 70's. I know they edited LE too. The one song they did not edit for AM radio play was HC. If I remember right, BOML was edited without their consent. Irving sent Asylum a record cut up and a note about the edit if I remember right.

sodascouts
11-24-2018, 11:54 PM
Can anyone who has bought this tell us about what you think - especially in terms of the booklet?

sodascouts
11-26-2018, 09:37 PM
I'm beginning to suspect none of us hardcores have gotten it yet, because we already own everything.

I personally have put it on my Christmas list.

shunlvswx
11-29-2018, 09:28 AM
I would love to get it since I only have HFO and LROOE. I need a new copy of Farewell 1. One of the DVDs is scratched and not fun to watch when it was skipping a lot. I copied my VHS version of HFO to DVD. So I want a DVD version.

I don't have the money to buy the boxset. Maybe down the line. I still want the HC boxset. That's on my list too.

I want the picture book. A lady online did a video showing us the pictures in the book. The book was great. Their were a lot of pictures I've never seen before.

sodascouts
11-29-2018, 09:44 AM
I would love to get it since I only have HFO and LROOE. I need a new copy of Farewell 1. One of the DVDs is scratched and not fun to watch when it was skipping a lot. I copied my VHS version of HFO DVD to DVD. So I want a DVD version.

I don't have the money to buy the boxset. Maybe down the line. I still want HC boxset. That on my list too.

I want the picture book. A lady online did a video showing us the pictures in the book. The book was great. It was a lot of pictures I've never seen before.

Thanks for the info. The only people who will spend that kind of money on a gift for me will be my parents, and they will have difficulty ordering off the Eagles site because they are a bit older and less familiar with things like having to make accounts to order things off sites (I want the T-shirt package), so things aren't looking good for me right now. lol

11-29-2018, 12:50 PM
Well good luck, Soda. Hopefully, your parents will come through for you. If not now, I'm sure you'll be able to get it eventually.

Houston Baby
11-29-2018, 02:19 PM
I was hoping the EAGLES website would have their annual Christmas 20% off sale so I could the Legacy set. However this year they only had free shipping and free On the Border poster. Amazingly Wonderful Union did a great job this time. No problems with the check out process and they delivered within a week and the items were very well packaged. I was expecting the poster to be a total wreck but no bends or creases were found. :yay:

I will be waiting to purchase the Legacy set too. :sad:

sodascouts
11-30-2018, 11:44 PM
Glad to hear that, HB! Maybe they are learning from past mistakes!

johnnycomelately89
12-04-2018, 06:41 PM
Can anyone who has bought this tell us about what you think - especially in terms of the booklet?

I pre-ordered the vinyl set. It’s nice to have fresh new pressings of the studio albums, some of mine were getting a little tired. The booklet is great, imo! High quality, as is the rest of the set. It has some pictures of old merch and concert posters. Pictures cover all eras, even a page of HOTE tour. It goes great with my HC 40th anniversary book!

sodascouts
12-04-2018, 09:27 PM
I pre-ordered the vinyl set. It’s nice to have fresh new pressings of the studio albums, some of mine were getting a little tired. The booklet is great, imo! High quality, as is the rest of the set. It has some pictures of old merch and concert posters. Pictures cover all eras, even a page of HOTE tour. It goes great with my HC 40th anniversary book!

Even HOTE? Wow! Thanks for the review!

johnnycomelately89
12-05-2018, 02:20 PM
Even HOTE? Wow! Thanks for the review!

There is one page dedicated to HOTE, individual shots of the guys on stage. I can post pictures of of what it all looks like if you haven't seen them yet.

groupie2686
12-06-2018, 11:06 AM
There is one page dedicated to HOTE, individual shots of the guys on stage. I can post pictures of of what it all looks like if you haven't seen them yet.

Can you post the pictures? I haven't been able to get this yet (and might not, because of the cost). That's great that HOTE was included!

johnnycomelately89
12-08-2018, 12:51 PM
Can you post the pictures?

Sorry for the delay Groupie! Here are a few, I didn't want to inundate the thread with attachments LOL. The goofy one of Glenn and Jimmy Buffett is my favorite one.

12-08-2018, 12:53 PM
Thank for those, jcl89 - they are fantastic.

CAinOH
12-08-2018, 02:33 PM
Well, dang it... Why can't they offer the book separately? (Yeah, I know the answer... it was a facetious question.)

New Kid In Town
12-08-2018, 08:47 PM
Johnny - Thanks for the pictures. How many pages is the book ? I agree with CAinOH, I would love to just buy the book. I have most of the other stuff. I still have my albums from the 70's( no record player to play them on though).
PS - There used to be a video on you tube of Glenn and Jimmy Buffet playing at Aspen(Col.) High School. It is cute. Glenn changed the lyrics a little to the song. I think you would like it.

johnnycomelately89
12-09-2018, 12:03 PM
The book is 52 pages, however the last page is just a track list for the albums. There is also a letter to Irving from Cream Magazine practically begging for an interview/quote so they don't have to "make up" their next Eagles story.

New Kid, I've seen that video on youtube, SOOOO jealous of those kids! LOL I bet jimmy was a blast to hang with back then, we all know Glenn was!

New Kid In Town
12-09-2018, 12:53 PM
The book is 52 pages, however the last page is just a track list for the albums. There is also a letter to Irving from Cream Magazine practically begging for an interview/quote so they don't have to "make up" their next Eagles story.

New Kid, I've seen that video on youtube, SOOOO jealous of those kids! LOL I bet jimmy was a blast to hang with back then, we all know Glenn was!

Hi Johnny - thanks for the quick response. I remember buying Cream magazine back in the day. The Eagles were known for not being too friendly to the press and not giving too many interviews. Yeah, Jimmy was a big party-hearty guy back then. He and Glenn must have been the life of the party, and if Joe was there we can imagine how that was !

sodascouts
12-11-2018, 11:44 PM
There is also a letter to Irving from Cream Magazine practically begging for an interview/quote so they don't have to "make up" their next Eagles story.

lol! That's telling!

CAinOH
12-17-2018, 09:27 PM
I received this email from the official Eagles story today:

Now through December 21st, get 20% off storewide and $10 flat rate shipping in the Eagles Official Store.
Order by December 20th at 3 p.m. PST to receive by December 24th.
*20% discount offer good through 11:59 PM EST on Friday, December 21st. Discount may not be applied to past orders.
*$10 flat rate shipping offer good through noon EST on Friday, December 21st.

Houston Baby
12-18-2018, 09:27 AM
I just ordered it and everything went smoothly. I did have an instance a few years back with the 20% off and it would not apply the discount. :scowl:
This time it automatically applied the 20% off and also the $10.00 shipping. :D However there is a processing fee of about $5.00.

Houston Baby
12-18-2018, 09:35 AM
I forgot to mention that the cd set is in stock however the vinyl sets are on backorder and expected to ship in early 2019.

sodascouts
12-18-2018, 12:25 PM
Thank you for the heads-up. 20% off is a pretty good deal!

I wonder why they end the deal so early, though? At least run it through Christmas!

sodascouts
01-01-2019, 04:40 PM
So as I said in the review thread, I now have Legacy! Merry Christmas! I got the package with the shirt.

My thoughts:

Pros

- I really like the disc of single versions and B-sides. This disc is the biggest plus.

Note: I said this in the Christmas post, but Don was right to be ticked off about that single edit of "Best of My Love" - it really was poorly done. Perhaps if I wasn't so well-acquainted with the original, I wouldn't notice that after "I guess that wasn't enough, oh-hoh-woah, but..." they unceremoniously remove "here in my heart, I give you the best of my love."

In the end, though, it's really cool to have different versions of the songs we love, regardless of which we find preferable.

- The booklet has some great photos, of which you've already had a little taste. It's nice and thick. The booklet is the second biggest plus.

The CD one is, of course, much smaller than the LP one. I took a quick photo of one of the pages - one I particularly liked - so you could get an idea of the size.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g4rn3l9d6fmwru3/20190101150530_IMG_0021.JPG?dl=0
(https://www.dropbox.com/s/g4rn3l9d6fmwru3/20190101150530_IMG_0021.JPG?dl=0)

(https://www.dropbox.com/s/g4rn3l9d6fmwru3/20190101150530_IMG_0021.JPG?dl=0)
A quick correction on the photos: the newest ones are from 2010, not the History of the Eagles tour. They're from the tourbook for that summer leg they did to wind up the Long Road Out of Eden tour (the one where they played the shorter set, with the Dixie Chicks and occasionally Keith Urban as opening acts).

- The black, red, and gray color schemes and designs of the interior covers are nicely done.

- If you add up the price of everything individually and compare, it really is a good deal.

Ambivalent

- A lot of these say they are remastered, but I can't tell any difference. However, I am listening to them on a cheap machine, so... anyone who has this and can hear a difference, please speak up.

Cons

- The holders for the CD version are cheaply made.

As I mentioned in the Christmas thread, the binding of mine fell apart right out of the box:
(https://www.dropbox.com/s/pahj99jy5n5o2en/2018-12-27%2021.38.51.jpg?dl=0)

(https://www.dropbox.com/s/pahj99jy5n5o2en/2018-12-27%2021.38.51.jpg?dl=0)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w3xpae7e3733uq2/20181227_213851.jpg?dl=0

I was going to return it, but the discs are ok, and I realized that with the cheap way it's made, this binding will inevitably fall apart with usage anyway. If this one can't take the strain of eight cardstock discs simply being thumbed through, how long before the next one falls apart when it's jiggled as I slide the discs in and out? It's just that it's happened right away as opposed to later on. I'm going to try to use some regular glue to repair it - I'll let you know how that goes. I just hope that since the other book only holds six discs, it will be able to handle the load. I'm certainly being VERY ginger with it.

- This is not for people who want any sort of album individuality in terms of looks.

While the swirly patterns on the cardstock holders hold some interest, they are not individualized for the albums and all the discs themselves look the same: solid deep red with EAGLES LEGACY in big writing at the top, then in smaller writing on the bottom half you have the album name, producers' names, and record company logos / copyright / legal info.

- For those getting the package, the shirt design is cool, but unusually long.

I got a medium. Here's where it falls on me without even being pulled down all the way, and I'm 5'5'':

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w67vcxjyf8uly5c/20190101123437_IMG_0017.JPG?dl=0

To be fair, for taller people, it won't be a problem. I guess this is more a guy's shirt. It's also possible other sizes hang differently.

Overall

It's a good buy if you don't have a lot of the collection already. The "few frills" aspect saves you money.

If you do have a lot of the collection already and you want to buy it because you're a completist, perhaps get the LP version if you can afford it. It has a bigger booklet which makes the photos more enjoyable, and there won't be all these CD holder issues. Then again, I guess if you are a completist who already has all of the CDs, you won't be getting the discs in and out that much anyway!

If you have just about everything and don't care about the cool booklet, just get the digital download of the singles/B-sides disc on Amazon for ten bucks, because I think that's definitely worth the money: https://www.amazon.com/Singles-B-Sides-Remastered-Eagles/dp/B07K75H9SN/ref=pd_sbs_340_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07K75H9SN&pd_rd_r=a7d996ed-0dfe-11e9-ae91-771b90899601&pd_rd_w=ftHAL&pd_rd_wg=aeyWk&pf_rd_p=7d5d9c3c-5e01-44ac-97fd-261afd40b865&pf_rd_r=GEP6RNQTWHZQ31QHFPHW&psc=1&refRID=GEP6RNQTWHZQ31QHFPHW (I wonder if they give you a smidge of album art with the download? If anyone buys it, let us know). That's only available as an MP3 album, though. If you want it on CD, you have to buy the whole shebang. They know their audience.

Any questions? ;)

01-02-2019, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the detailed recap, Soda. It is very helpful. I know I sure am enjoying the "new" photos you are posting. :thumbsup:

sodascouts
01-02-2019, 07:50 PM
Thanks for the detailed recap, Soda. It is very helpful. I know I sure am enjoying the "new" photos you are posting. :thumbsup:

Thanks, but the only photos I'm posting from the booklet are the ones on the "sample" page above. I don't want to spoil anything by scanning in all the photos.

Those photos in Glenn's thread are from Houston Baby's collection.

Glad you found my review helpful!

Glennsallnighter
02-05-2019, 08:50 AM
I lost out on not getting the t-shirt as it only seemed to come wth releases from the official store. If anyone sees them on eBay etc will you let me know and I can try for it!!

sodascouts
02-08-2019, 12:50 AM
I lost out on not getting the t-shirt as it only seemed to come wth releases from the official store. If anyone sees them on eBay etc will you let me know and I can try for it!!

I will, but it's kind of ill-fitting, IMHO.

Tony Trout
02-11-2019, 09:18 PM
Let me say that I think that the title, "LEGACY", fit this set perfectly since we got everything that the band has released LP/CD/DVD/Blu-ray wise!!! Smart move on their record company's part, although, I think I'll ask my Dad if he'll let me have the studio albums box set back since this new set doesn't have the replicas of the album art & such!

In a couple of days, I'll be able to listen to The Eagles again when I get a 2-way audio splitter from Amazon that will allow me to play both of my 300-CD changers! The first thing I'm going to play is "Try & Love Again"! LOL! I don't know what it is about that song that I absolutely adore but.....I can't seem to get it out of my head!!!

Also, I have a question about The Eagles performance from March 23, 1977 - Capitol Center - Largo, MD: Is the full concert available anywhere besides YouTube? I will admit that I did download the one from YT but.....it would be nice to have an actual physical copy of that performance.

Any info from any of ya'll is very appreciated!!!

New Kid In Town
02-12-2019, 11:07 AM
Let me say that I think that the title, "LEGACY", fit this set perfectly since we got everything that the band has released LP/CD/DVD/Blu-ray wise!!! Smart move on their record company's part, although, I think I'll ask my Dad if he'll let me have the studio albums box set back since this new set doesn't have the replicas of the album art & such!

In a couple of days, I'll be able to listen to The Eagles again when I get a 2-way audio splitter from Amazon that will allow me to play both of my 300-CD changers! The first thing I'm going to play is "Try & Love Again"! LOL! I don't know what it is about that song that I absolutely adore but.....I can't seem to get it out of my head!!!

Also, I have a question about The Eagles performance from March 23, 1977 - Capitol Center - Largo, MD: Is the full concert available anywhere besides YouTube? I will admit that I did download the one from YT but.....it would be nice to have an actual physical copy of that performance.

Any info from any of ya'll is very appreciated!!!

Tony, the concert from the Capital Center is not the full concert from that night. The dvd only has eight songs on it which is the same thing that is on you tube. We have no idea if the full concert was filmed. A few years ago Don hinted at "other video" they might release. But, that has not happened so don't hold your breath on it. We here all believe the Eagles vaults are full of taped concerts, especially post Hell Freezes Over, as all those concerts were filmed.
BTW, you can get a dvd of the concert if you purchase a dvd of The History of The Eagles dvd. It is included as a third bonus dvd(which I have). It is a great movie which you would enjoy.

Tony Trout
02-12-2019, 12:44 PM
Tony, the concert from the Capital Center is not the full concert from that night. The dvd only has eight songs on it which is the same thing that is on you tube. We have no idea if the full concert was filmed. A few years ago Don hinted at "other video" they might release. But, that has not happened so don't hold your breath on it. We here all believe the Eagles vaults are full of taped concerts, especially post Hell Freezes Over, as all those concerts were filmed.
BTW, you can get a dvd of the concert if you purchase a dvd of The History of The Eagles dvd. It is included as a third bonus dvd(which I have). It is a great movie which you would enjoy.

I've actually got the "History Of The Eagles" 3-DVD set. I just hate that the full concert from the Capital Center isn't on that DVD.

WalshFan88
02-15-2019, 05:01 AM
Yeah I really wish they'd focus on more video releases. 70s, HFO, LROOE, and HOTE tours. Even another one from the F1 period.