PDA

View Full Version : How many copies do you have of Hotel California?

sodascouts
09-30-2018, 10:51 PM
With the Legacy release coming up, I starting thinking about all the times I've gotten multiple copies of albums, and I know I'm not the only one. Maybe it's buying it in vinyl, cassette tape, CD, digital download... maybe it's buying it as a special edition...maybe someone gave it to me as gift. there are lots of reasons I own more than one copy of an album. I think, of all the Eagles albums, Hotel California is probably the one most people have multiple copies of (although if that's not the case, feel free to say so).

I have the following copies of Hotel California:

the original LP
another LP that a friend gave me because her mom no longer wanted it lol
a CD
a DVD-A special remaster
the 40th anniversary deluxe re-release CD
an LP from a collectible set that a friend gave me (You know who you are :hug: )

Total: 6 copies.

How many do you have? Or are you thinking this is crazy?

New Kid In Town
10-01-2018, 07:45 AM
I have the original lp, the cd, and the 40th Annv. cd - that makes three copies. I feel that is enough.

shunlvswx
10-01-2018, 08:48 AM
Sad to say. 0. :weep: I really haven't built up my CD collection of their albums.

groupie2686
10-01-2018, 09:28 AM
I have the CD and the 40th anniversary CD, and that's enough for me, I keep the second one in my car.

Ive always been a dreamer
10-01-2018, 10:39 AM
I have three copies - the original vinyl album I purchased back in the day, which is almost unplayable because it's worn out, another autographed vinyl copy that I was lucky enough to get at auction that I had matted and framed, and the CD that came in the boxset I purchased several years ago that includes CD-sized replicas of all the original six albums including all inserts and liner notes (very cool, btw).

shun - if you aren't going to buy the Legacy boxset, this boxset is a much less expensive alternative. You can find it online these days for between $20 - $40.

cosec3791
10-01-2018, 11:35 AM
Lol. ZERO. But I'm more than content. I don't listen to their studio stuff anyway.

WalshFan88
10-02-2018, 12:59 AM
2 LPs (one in great condition framed and another one that I play that is in rougher shape on the cover) and 2 CDs (one being the new 40th anniversary edition).

So 4 in total.

Houston Baby
10-02-2018, 02:06 PM
Ok, I went home last night & went thru my Eagles music. Between LPs, CDs & boxed sets, I have 14 copies of Hotel California. I have my original LP and then a few from friends plus all the various boxed sets I have bought. Every time someone downsizes their music collection, I end up with the Eagles music. I need to downsize!!! :spin: