PDA

View Full Version : "Masterpieces" inspired by Eagles

takeiteasy
10-07-2018, 03:45 PM
This new thread could allow us to share our handicraft inspired by the band: collages, paintings, drawings etc.
I think that it could be a good idea to post pictures of our little "masterpieces"
It's up to you!

Ive always been a dreamer
10-08-2018, 12:01 PM
tie - we have an old thread called 'Eagles Memorabilia (https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?955-Eagles-memorabilia&highlight=memorabilia)' that kinda covers this topic, although you may have something different in mind. It has some really cool posts in there so I would encourage anyone who hasn't visited it to follow the link and check it out. Anyway, I'll sort of repeat one of my post from that thread. I'm not an artistic person so I don't know if this qualifies as a 'masterpiece' or not, but it is one of my most prized pieces of Eagles memorabilia. I was lucky enough to get the signed album in an auction, and then I had to decide what to do with it. I figured I should have it framed and matted. I created the design and decided to combine the album with the cover of the program from my very first Eagles concert. I thought I would represent the 30-year (at the time) career of the band, plus the colors worked. :wink: Having it framed was an event all to itself because I would not leave the album with the store until they were ready to actually mount it. Therefore, every time they had to measure or center the album, they would have to call me to bring it to them. I spent hours going back and forth, choosing the framing, matting, and arrangement. It was worth every minute and penny though, and they ended up doing a beautiful job.

One other funny little anecdote about it - my home office is a rather 'interesting' room with a collection of family heirlooms. However, it has also somehow evolved into a paradoxical Eagles/Glenn shrine. I had no choice but to hang the framed HC album right over my deceased, big band music-loving grandmother's formal Victorian sofa. The first time my niece saw this, she just shockingly shook her head and proclaimed "That's just wrong!" I prefer to call if eclectic. :D

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b296/kay8342/Framed_HC2.jpg

takeiteasy
10-08-2018, 03:18 PM
Thanks Dreamer, I'll check out the thread. There will be some cool stuff , that's for sure.
I have a collage and three short stories that have to do with Eagles but they're top-secret :smokin:

New Kid In Town
10-08-2018, 08:36 PM
Dreamer - I love the album and framing - it looks amazing.

Pippinwhite
10-08-2018, 08:53 PM
Wellllll, since this thread is here, and I'm here, I'll go ahead and post this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GRKDQTD

It's my first published book, and the hero bears a striking resemblance to someone we call Sugar here on the board! :D (You all know me. You KNOW who it is!) Obviously, we're not talking exact copy as far as personality and all are concerned, but a couple of folks on this board have read it in an earlier incarnation on fictionPress and liked it.

I will not pester anyone with it. I'll only say you get a LOT of reading time for your money! And there's a "Look inside" feature so you can preview it and see if you like it.

My website is also on my profile, now. Take a look, if you like.

East Texas Girl
10-09-2018, 05:10 PM
Pippin, I read a portion of the sample of your book, sounds great! It's on my list. I can just picture the male character, sounds dreamy.... :smitten:

Pippinwhite
10-09-2018, 06:26 PM
@ETG: Thank you for checking it out! I really do appreciate it! :D
(Hope you enjoy reading it all!)

sodascouts
10-09-2018, 11:06 PM
Very cool, Pippin! I bought a copy. It sounds like just my kind of book! ;)

Pippinwhite
10-09-2018, 11:28 PM
@Soda -- Thanks SO much! I really hope you enjoy it! If you do, please leave a review on Amazon. They do help increase visibility. THANK YOU again! :heart:

Glennsallnighter
10-10-2018, 05:00 AM
I figured I should have it framed and matted. I created the design and decided to combine the album with the cover of the program from my very first Eagles concert. I thought I would represent the 30-year (at the time) career of the band, plus the colors worked. :wink: Having it framed was an event all to itself because I would not leave the album with the store until they were ready to actually mount it. Therefore, every time they had to measure or center the album, they would have to call me to bring it to them. I spent hours going back and forth, choosing the framing, matting, and arrangement. It was worth every minute and penny though, and they ended up doing a beautiful job.

One other funny little anecdote about it - my home office is a rather 'interesting' room with a collection of family heirlooms. However, it has also somehow evolved into a paradoxical Eagles/Glenn shrine. I had no choice but to hang the framed HC album right over my deceased, big band music-loving grandmother's formal Victorian sofa. The first time my niece saw this, she just shockingly shook her head and proclaimed "That's just wrong!" I prefer to call if eclectic. :D

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b296/kay8342/Framed_HC2.jpg

That is beautiful dreamer. And takes pride of place. After Glenn :heart: died I got his solo albums framed and did an Eagles montage with some VIP memorabilia and photos that I had taken myself which I mounted on my kitchen wall. I was lucky a guy I know who frames stuff 'owed me a favour' and did the lot for free. I have all of this hung in my kitchen. I'm at work so cant post a pic but will do so later when I get home.

Pippinwhite
10-10-2018, 09:02 AM
Dreamer, that is a really beautiful piece! And GAN, I'll look forward to seeing your framed things, too!

My My
10-10-2018, 01:21 PM
Wellllll, since this thread is here, and I'm here, I'll go ahead and post this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GRKDQTD

It's my first published book, and the hero bears a striking resemblance to someone we call Sugar here on the board! :D (You all know me. You KNOW who it is!) Obviously, we're not talking exact copy as far as personality and all are concerned, but a couple of folks on this board have read it in an earlier incarnation on fictionPress and liked it.

I will not pester anyone with it. I'll only say you get a LOT of reading time for your money! And there's a "Look inside" feature so you can preview it and see if you like it.

Just ordered your book! Don't have a clue where my Kindle is, so I got the paper back version. I may have to send it to you to have you autograph it! I just skimmed through it but loved some of the obvious Eagles references..."no weirdos.." and their first hit, "Take the Morning." I think I will read it with a yellow highlighter in my hand to mark all of the references to the Eagles. I don't want to ruin my reading experience, but does the word "Sugar" make an appearence in the story? No, don't tell me... I'll just hunt for it.

One more question, Pippin... Is your author name a pseudonym? Please tell me that it is... I couldn't bear the thought that your name isn't actually Pippinwhite!

CAinOH
10-10-2018, 01:45 PM
Just ordered your book! Don't have a clue where my Kindle is, so I got the paper back version. I may have to send it to you to have you autograph it! I just skimmed through it but loved some of the obvious Eagles references..."no weirdos.." and their first hit, "Take the Morning." I think I will read it with a yellow highlighter in my hand to mark all of the references to the Eagles. I don't want to ruin my reading experience, but does the word "Sugar" make an appearence in the story? No, don't tell me... I'll just hunt for it.

One more question, Pippin... Is your author name a pseudonym? Please tell me that it is... I couldn't bear the thought that your name isn't actually Pippinwhite!

Ha! I can answer your questions, but I won't... 'Cause I'm just mean that way. :wink: But My My, you cracked me up with this: "I couldn't bear the thought that your name isn't actually Pippinwhite!" Made me laugh, because I know what Pippinwhite refers to. (And I keep trying to figure out what my name here would be if I used the same criteria.) But, I will allow Pippinwhite to answer. :wink:

I think y'all will like the novel. It's kinda tailored to this audience. I've read it completely through at least twice. (The last time I was reading it for a purpose.) But parts of it more than that.

BUT, My My if you get your autographed copy before I get mine... huh uh! :wink:

takeiteasy, I would love to read your stories, too!

And I would still love to read FP's story about The Vultures.

And that framed album is awesome, Dreamer! I did check out the other memorabilia thread you posted. Cost me money, though, because I ended up buying a couple of magnets (yes! those magnets are still available on eBay!)

Pippinwhite
10-10-2018, 02:32 PM
@MyMy --THANK YOU! I really hope you enjoy the book. There are a few Eagles references, but it's not chock-full, by any means. LOL. And you'd have to be a fan to get most of them. "Take the Morning" is actually a song title I've had rattling around in my head for years. Just never really had a chance to flesh it out. I'd say if you've ever had a crush on a music man, this one is for you.

As for the author name, that's definitely a pseudonym! That's my paternal great-great grandmother's maiden name. My forum name is in honor of my large, solid white cat named Pippin. He's a hoot.

However, if anyone else would like to take a look (and you don't have a Kindle), please go to my website. You can read a preview there and order the eBook from several other outlets: https://evelineknight.com/

I really do appreciate the support! As I've said, I really don't want to pester people, but since this thread came up, I thought I'd mention it in the open forum. Pouncing on people with a book pitch sounds a little too much like I'm selling a Ponzi scheme or would like to hand you a tract instead of just leaving it on your windshield at Walmart! LOLOLOLOL.

East Texas Girl
10-29-2018, 04:07 PM

Well, Pippin, I just finished your book over the weekend, it is fantastic, I loved it!! I have to say I started reading a bit slower towards the end because I did not want the story to end.

Being a southern gal myself, I really enjoyed all your references. :D Picturing Sugar through out the book was soo easy; of course I just fell in love with him.. :smitten:
Are you by chance writing a sequel to it, please? Or do you have any other books out there? I would love to read them as well.

Pippinwhite
10-29-2018, 04:33 PM
@ETG -- Thank you, thank you for all your kind words! I really do appreciate them! I do have something else online that I'll probably be editing shortly, and am working on another magnum opus with a fellow Borderer. I'd like to think it will be finished by the first of the year!

Sequel? Oh mercy. Probably. I just haven't really sat down to think about a sequel yet. I may take a writing break over Christmas and see what shakes out.

In the meantime, if it's not too much trouble, would you pop over to Goodreads, and the outlet where you got the book and post a review? That helps sales and rankings so much! Doesn't have to be a long tome -- just a couple of sentences will be fine. I would so greatly appreciate it.

Thank you again for reading and for letting me know you liked it! Hugs!

East Texas Girl
10-29-2018, 04:53 PM
That's great, Pippin! I cannot wait to read them, please keep me informed.

Of course I will leave a review. Again, thanks so much for the great read. Hugs right back! :wink:

CAinOH
10-29-2018, 07:30 PM
...am working on another magnum opus with a fellow Borderer. I'd like to think it will be finished by the first of the year!

So would I. ;)

LovinGlennGirl
10-30-2018, 09:31 PM
Pippin, I ordered a copy for my nook. Can't wait to check it out.

Pippinwhite
10-30-2018, 11:24 PM
@LGG -- Thank you so much! Hope you enjoy it! Hugs!

11-01-2018, 11:05 AM
I bought a copy of your book last night, pippin. There is no doubt that Cole is based on our Sugar. From your descriptions, sounds like he looks like Glenn did somewhere around the mid-80's to mid-90's. Is that what you envisioned when describing him? I haven't read but a few chapters, but you have sure piqued my interest. I've got a busy schedule right now, so I don't know when I'll get a chance to read all of it, but I'll get back to you on this.

Pippinwhite
11-01-2018, 11:40 AM
@Dreamer -- Thank you so much! Yep, I was thinking about a specific shot from HFO. Here's my Pinterest page if you'd like to take a look at some of my inspiration: https://www.pinterest.com/catchick37/pieces-of-our-hearts/

I know it's a hefty book, so read it when you can, and I'm looking forward to your thoughts. Hugs! :D

takeiteasy
11-01-2018, 04:04 PM
Ha! I can answer your questions, but I won't... 'Cause I'm just mean that way. :wink: But My My, you cracked me up with this: "I couldn't bear the thought that your name isn't actually Pippinwhite!" Made me laugh, because I know what Pippinwhite refers to. (And I keep trying to figure out what my name here would be if I used the same criteria.) But, I will allow Pippinwhite to answer. :wink:

I think y'all will like the novel. It's kinda tailored to this audience. I've read it completely through at least twice. (The last time I was reading it for a purpose.) But parts of it more than that.

BUT, My My if you get your autographed copy before I get mine... huh uh! :wink:

takeiteasy, I would love to read your stories, too!

And I would still love to read FP's story about The Vultures.

And that framed album is awesome, Dreamer! I did check out the other memorabilia thread you posted. Cost me money, though, because I ended up buying a couple of magnets (yes! those magnets are still available on eBay!)
CAinOH, thank you for your interest in my stories. I'd really like to send you at least one for reading, but I'm afraid my English is not good enough to translate them. All I can tell you is that there are three love stories: "Glenn" is the title of one of them.

CAinOH
11-01-2018, 04:58 PM
CAinOH, thank you for your interest in my stories. I'd really like to send you at least one for reading, but I'm afraid my English is not good enough to translate them. All I can tell you is that there are three love stories: "Glenn" is the title of one of them.

Sounds interesting. But I am not a translator... If things change, I'm still open to reading any one of the three stories.

johnnycomelately89
12-05-2018, 02:30 PM
Got this Bad Boy not long ago. Greatest hits vol. 1 font with the coloring from the track list on the back.

takeiteasy
12-05-2018, 04:41 PM
Wow, a real "Eaglesesque" masterpiece. Yes, I think you caught the idea of the thread... :shock:

sodascouts
12-05-2018, 09:30 PM
Good choice on the coloring. It looks lovely.

groupie2686
12-06-2018, 11:05 AM
@Dreamer -- Thank you so much! Yep, I was thinking about a specific shot from HFO. Here's my Pinterest page if you'd like to take a look at some of my inspiration: https://www.pinterest.com/catchick37/pieces-of-our-hearts/

I know it's a hefty book, so read it when you can, and I'm looking forward to your thoughts. Hugs! :D

I've been away from the board for a while and totally missed this...Pippin, congratulations on your book, that's amazing! I'll have to check it out!

12-09-2018, 04:32 PM
Awesome tattoo, jcl89.

And pippin - I finished your book several weeks ago, but forgot to come back here to let you know. I enjoyed it and the image of Glenn was indelible in my brain the whole time I was reading it. Very cool and thanks for letting us know about it!