PDA

View Full Version : My very Merry Christmas!

MarthaJo56
12-25-2018, 02:45 PM
2439 ​Merry Christmas to me! Look what my son got for me! :heart:
I almost turned it off a couple of times because my sister kept trying to sing harmony and all I wanted to do was listen to Glenn. But at one point , I got up, left the room, so I think she got the hint to shut up. I'm cooking Christmas dinner, so after she leaves (in 4 days), I can sit byself and savor every minute.

MarthaJo56
12-25-2018, 04:06 PM
Well, I'm going to have to watch it later..she won't shut up.
Sorry ...just venting. She's my older, somewhat senile sister and doesn't realize how rude she's being. Like the person playing tambourine at a concert. :nausea:

CAinOH
12-25-2018, 04:12 PM
Congratulations, MarthaJo! Here's to many hours of watching and listening in peace. (And I sympathize. I have a husband who doesn't understand that talking all the time isn't absolutely necessary.)

Enjoy!

MarthaJo56
12-25-2018, 04:45 PM
Congratulations, MarthaJo! Here's to many hours of watching and listening in peace. (And I sympathize. I have a husband who doesn't understand that talking all the time isn't absolutely necessary.)

Enjoy!
Thanks!
Yeah, I'll have to watch it much later...after she's gone. She even talked through the bonus feature interviews. And is singing "Take it Easy" very badly. 2441

sodascouts
12-25-2018, 04:48 PM
Congratulations, Martha Jo! That's one fantastic gift! All I can say about the sis is - UGH!!

:enraged::enraged::enraged:

This reminds me - we once had a thread about getting Eagles-related gifts for Christmas. I'll have to dig it up.

MarthaJo56
12-25-2018, 08:27 PM
Thanks!
Yeah, I'll have to watch it much later...after she's gone. She even talked through the bonus feature interviews. And is singing "Take it Easy" very badly. 2441

Am I just a bad sister? I'm playing my Linda Ronstadt playlist. She's singing along with it as well...and I'm getting irritated at her. KILL ME NOW!!!~ Maybe I should just stop with the music and put on a movie. :)

CAinOH
12-25-2018, 09:00 PM
I find ear phones do wonders! ;)

MarthaJo56
12-25-2018, 09:46 PM
I find ear phones do wonders! ;)
I feel bad because I was kind of rude and told her she sounded terrible, but she did quit singing. :p:inlove:Now she's asleep. :yay:

sodascouts
12-25-2018, 10:49 PM
I feel bad because I was kind of rude and told her she sounded terrible, but she did quit singing. :p:inlove:Now she's asleep. :yay:

lol. Well, hey, if she was interfering with your Eagles enjoyment, you did what had to be done. ;)

WalshFan88
12-26-2018, 01:07 AM
Nice gift!

I hate when people trying to sing at concerts. I'm not there to hear you, I'm there to hear the band/artist. I'm not trying to spoil their fun, but also being mindful of everyone else is needed.

Glennsallnighter
12-26-2018, 01:34 PM
Love your gift MarthaJo, but I think you need to find some time on your own to savour it on your own and give it the time it needs. Pour a Tequila Sunrise to drink as you watch it. Thats what I do. I love a sick day when I can just sit on the sofa under a duvet and watch my extended Eagles catalogue of videos. Always cheers me up. Hope you had a very Merry Christmas. I got Legacy on vinyl for Christmas. looking forward to listening to it on my record player.

Glennsallnighter
12-26-2018, 01:36 PM
Nice gift!

I hate when people trying to sing at concerts. I'm not there to hear you, I'm there to hear the band/artist. I'm not trying to spoil their fun, but also being mindful of everyone else is needed.

I will sing during the noisier songs where a group encourages the audience to sing but not during the quieter songs.

Ive always been a dreamer
12-26-2018, 01:51 PM
Martha Jo - Enjoy your new DVD ... I'm pretty certain you will have many, many hours of viewing pleasure in your future.

Brooke
12-26-2018, 03:23 PM
MJ, great gift!

And I don't blame ya! Why do people want to mess up perfectly wonderful singing? Especially when it's the Eagles?! :doh:

MarthaJo56
12-26-2018, 04:56 PM
Love your gift MarthaJo, but I think you need to find some time on your own to savour it on your own and give it the time it needs. Pour a Tequila Sunrise to drink as you watch it. Thats what I do. I love a sick day when I can just sit on the sofa under a duvet and watch my extended Eagles catalogue of videos. Always cheers me up. Hope you had a very Merry Christmas. I got Legacy on vinyl for Christmas. looking forward to listening to it on my record player.

That is my plan. As soon as my sister is gone. She is leaving tomorrow night to see the show I did wardrobe for in Palo Alto then to stay with a friend in Carmel. She might be back, but I'll take the window tomorrow. I can't wait! :heart::rockguitar::-D

WalshFan88
12-26-2018, 11:38 PM
I will sing during the noisier songs where a group encourages the audience to sing but not during the quieter songs.

That is fine, of course.

MarthaJo56
12-29-2018, 12:20 AM
Me & my dog, Curry, were able to watch my new Eagles DVD in peace---finally. My chatty-sings-badly sister has left. 2444

EaglesFan86
12-29-2018, 08:41 AM
I'm glad you got that DVD Martha Jo! I don't have that one but I received the History Of The Eagles DVD this holiday!