PDA

View Full Version : Kiwi NKIT

C J Kiwi
02-16-2019, 06:22 AM
Kia Ora, all you Border 🤔 ers? My name is Carl, I'm stoked the Eagles are coming Down Under to Aotearoa New Zealand soon! I don't have tickets, but I have a song I wrote in memory of Glenn Frey, in late January 2016. I'm hoping somehow, someway I can bring it to the band, so they can debut it for it's first ever public performance in Auckland on 02/26/19 🤗 I'm new here literally, just today 😊 can we humble Border people contact the band direct? Do they ever read our posts? My "baby" has had 3 years gestation, I wanna hand it over so The Eagles can give it birth 👶 can you help me Borders?

Ive always been a dreamer
02-16-2019, 11:25 AM
Welcome Carl - That was very thoughtful for you to write a song in Glenn's memory. None of us Borderers have any direct contact with the band as far as I know. The only suggestion I can give you to contact the Eagles is to write them at the following address:

Eagles Touring Company
1100 Glendon Avenue
Suite 2000
Los Angeles, CA 90024

My guess is that your best chance at a response would be to send a recorded version of your song along with your correspondence. You may want to also send a copy to Glenn's widow, Cindy Frey, at the same address. Best of luck to you.

C J Kiwi
02-16-2019, 04:27 PM
Thanks for your suggestion. When you say write, is that snail mail? Or is there a site(s) that I could go to that would enable me to send my message/recording directly via email/JPEG? I have only a 6 day window 😕 if I have to pay money to do so I will! This is my one shot, I've been waiting my whole life for this moment 🛐 any help or ideas would be gratefully appreciated Borderers 😀

Ive always been a dreamer
02-16-2019, 09:10 PM
As I said before, the only way I know to contact them is by mailing correspondence to the address I gave you. I'm afraid that if you only left yourself a 6-day window, then your chances of success are very slim.

WalshFan88
02-16-2019, 09:14 PM
Welcome.

I wish you luck in contacting the Eagles! And I appreciate the sentiment behind it.

C J Kiwi
02-17-2019, 03:34 AM
Where there is a will, there is a way! 😇😀

CAinOH
02-17-2019, 11:12 AM
Where there is a will, there is a way! 😇😀

Good luck! And welcome to The Border!

takeiteasy
02-17-2019, 06:16 PM
Welcome C J Kiwi!

sodascouts
02-18-2019, 01:13 AM
Welcome, Carl.

You can try social media, but I have to warn you that I've never heard of anyone successfully communicating a request such as yours that way.

It's so lovely that you wrote it, though.

Good luck!

C J Kiwi
02-20-2019, 07:08 AM
Tried Booking Agent Info, was ready to pay money and all, but I did something wrong filling out the application 🙄 and now I can't for the life of me get in so... guess I'll be snail mailing to the address you recommended 🤔📝

C J Kiwi
02-20-2019, 07:11 AM
That was the last throw of the dice 🎲 and I was gonna send an mp3 file with half the song in an email to their publicist if I'd gotten onto Booking Agent Info but... oh well 🙄🙃

C J Kiwi
02-20-2019, 08:02 AM
Success! Got into that site! Payed my money! Got the contact info for the representatives! Now need to breathe, compose myself, send an email, with mp3 audio track of my song and...watch this space Borderers! 😀

East Texas Girl
02-20-2019, 05:20 PM
Welcome to The Border!! Good luck with your song!

Witchy Woman
02-22-2019, 12:22 AM
Welcome, CJK !!

New Kid In Town
02-23-2019, 11:09 AM
Hi Carl - Welcome !

Brooke
02-25-2019, 04:41 PM
Welcome, Kiwi!

C J Kiwi
03-01-2019, 01:40 AM
Wrote it, posted it today, so guess I'll see in 2-3 weeks if they like my song and wanna use it! Thanks for all your help Borderers 😀 appreciate it! Blessings! I'll keep ya posted k 🤞🤗 ciao for now!

C J Kiwi
03-01-2019, 01:49 AM
Thanks Carolyn! Loved your msg! I copyrighted my song already, in my letter I stressed it was a tribute to Glenn Frey, but it was written for The Eagles! They're my songs step-parents! I want them and only them to perform it for its worldwide debut! If as you say they have an unsolicited embargo well, their loss! Guess we'll see 🤔 mind you they're on a worldwide tour so maybe I won't hear a peep til August after they've had a month of R n R, I will go on with my life and let the chips fall where they may! 🤞😎😉