PDA

View Full Version : Glenn & The HFO DVD & No Interviews

Tony Trout
03-25-2019, 11:37 AM
Ok, here comes another stupid question of mine:

In all of the years of watching & enjoying the HFO DVD, I've always wondered.....

Everybody (Don H., Don F., Joe, Timothy) was partly interviewed for that DVD but....no Glenn.

I wonder what the reasons were (if any)??

Also, am I right in assuming that the band didn't have a lot of time to rehearse for the MTV show(s) that became "Hell Freezes Over"???

Pippinwhite
03-25-2019, 12:37 PM
@Tony -- Not a stupid question! Others may be able to answer this better, but I have to wonder if, when they were putting the DVD together, if Glenn was having a bout with RA or his stomach issues and just wasn't up to being interviewed. But as I said, someone else may have a better answer.

groupie2686
03-25-2019, 12:45 PM
I think it's because Glenn had just had surgery for his stomach issues when the interviews were filmed, somewhere around October 1994, I believe.

Delilah
03-25-2019, 01:15 PM
Glenn’s illness being the reason makes sense. It was October 1994 when the Eagles announced they were postponing the rest of the tour due to his “stomach troubles.” This article link came from Randy’s TV appearances thread (thanks NMB).

https://newsok.com/article/2479700/eagles-concert-at-myriad-fails-to-fly-singers-illness-postpones-rest-of-tour?

sodascouts
03-25-2019, 03:26 PM
Yes, you guys have it covered. He was recuperating from surgery, and he wasn't up to being interviewed.

Tony Trout
04-06-2019, 02:24 PM
You know what's odd??? Right after I posted my question, the answer that all of you have given here was what popped into my head!!! NOT KIDDING!!!!

Anyway, thanks so much for answering another question from me. :)

Ive always been a dreamer
04-07-2019, 11:48 AM
Yeah - I think the aggressive HFO timeline didn't allow for any delays so they had to go without him. Speaking of the aggressive timeline, I'll always believe it was Irving's tactical move to ensure that no one could back out this time around.