PDA

View Full Version : Starting April 17: Desperado Survivor Game

Ive always been a dreamer
04-10-2019, 08:54 PM
In celebration of its anniversary coming up next week on April 17th, we will start a Survivor game for Desperado.

So, pull out your Desperado album and get ready to play!

WalshFan88
04-10-2019, 09:04 PM
I have to be honest, I'm excited for another Survivor but the Desperado album is my least favorite so this will be challenging for me. But I will definitely give it a listen when I get home tomorrow and pick my list. I probably will have different votes than others who love the album but that's ok.

04-10-2019, 09:11 PM
Austin - I was thinking about you when I was starting this thread. I knew you would be thrilled with this selection. :wink: :wink:

WalshFan88
04-10-2019, 09:29 PM
Austin - I was thinking about you when I was starting this thread. I knew you would be thrilled with this selection. :wink: :wink:

Haha Dreamer! I'm not complaining at all (I love these games regardless) - it just means that I probably won't be on the same page with 99 percent of everyone else with my selections. And because I don't particularly love the album, some might wish I didn't participate at all, lol.

04-10-2019, 10:01 PM
Well - if you get stuck during the game and can't figure out what to do - not to worry, just do what I do. :twisted:

WalshFan88
04-10-2019, 10:21 PM
Well - if you get stuck during the game and can't figure out what to do - not to worry, just do what I do. :twisted:

:lol:

CAinOH
04-10-2019, 11:30 PM
Yes! My favorite album for story ideas and inspiration! Hope I can remember... next couple of weeks are going to be crazy busy for me.

Glennsallnighter
04-11-2019, 06:24 AM
This is a really classy album with really great music. I'm looking so forward to this survivor . Thanks to Soda and dreamer for organising it

Brooke
04-11-2019, 02:30 PM
Oh great! I really think this is may favorite album of all! :heart:

And Austin, follow my lead here and you won't get hurt! :laugh:

WalshFan88
04-11-2019, 10:38 PM
And Austin, follow my lead here and you won't get hurt! :laugh:

Well it's between you and Dreamer on who I'll be following. Just depends on the highest bidder. ;) :hilarious:

CAinOH
04-14-2019, 09:12 PM
I know this isn't your favorite Eagles' album, Austin... but I put this album on yesterday while I was at work. (And I was the only one there, so, believe me, it was up loud.) The words, Austin! Listen to the words!

"When you got no life to live, then there's nothin' left to lose."

"Two voices call to you from where they stood. Lay down your law books now, they're no damn good."

"If you're fast, and if you're lucky... you will never see that hanging tree."

"Like graveyards full of tombstones, waitin' for the names."

Then the whole head-full of images that is Desperado.

And that whole Doolin-Dalton/Deperado Reprise... perfect!

Of course, Austin... your mileage may vary. :)

https://content.screencast.com/users/cheryl7821/folders/Default/media/1c15b256-f5bf-487b-bd15-b029139fd54a/Desperado02.jpg

WalshFan88
04-14-2019, 11:20 PM
I know this isn't your favorite Eagles' album, Austin... but I put this album on yesterday while I was at work. (And I was the only one there, so, believe me, it was up loud.) The words, Austin! Listen to the words!

"When you got no life to live, then there's nothin' left to lose."

"Two voices call to you from where they stood. Lay down your law books now, they're no damn good."

"If you're fast, and if you're lucky... you will never see that hanging tree."

"Like graveyards full of tombstones, waitin' for the names."

Then the whole head-full of images that is Desperado.

And that whole Doolin-Dalton/Deperado Reprise... perfect!

Of course, Austin... your mileage may vary. :)

Just not my kind of music, CA. It's cool though, I definitely think it is a masterpiece, but not for me.

I'm a classic rock uptempo "fun" song guy. I don't really look for a lot of lyrical depth, admittedly. I like fun songs and I love banging my head to a good rocker now and then. :lol: I like some hair metal too. :woah:

An example of some of my favorite bands:

Eagles (in their later 70s period)
The Rolling Stones
AC/DC
Aerosmith
Led Zeppelin
The Who
Guns N' Roses
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Van Halen
The Beatles (especially their harder edged material)

I like that raw rock edge. Sometimes sloppy, but just drenched with rock n' roll cool swagger! hehe. Really the lighter bands I listen to would be Eagles, Journey, and Fleetwood Mac as just some examples.

I'm a rocker. The soft country rock stuff doesn't do it for me. I'm also not into western stuff or cowboys or gunfighting. I'm not an outdoorsy type. I would be bored to death watching a Clint Eastwood flick. So the concept that is the Desperado album is lost on me. Hotel California, while it has some softer moments, captures more what I'm into. Which is that mainstream AOR rock sunset strip excess thing. :D I like to live vicariously through songs that resemble things I'm not or don't do. I'm actually a pretty mellow person but Keith Richards is my spirit animal. :hilarious: I went and got my left ear pierced when I got into the Stones and I've got a guitar tattoo on my left upper arm. It's funny, because I'm such an introvert and recluse but in my mind I'm some washed up, been around the block rockstar who still thinks it's 1976. Hahaha!

My favorite song on this album is Out Of Control, which kind of captures that attitude that I like, which you later heard on songs like James Dean. Rock n' roll appeals to my rebellious side that is always there. :)

LovinGlennGirl
04-15-2019, 02:12 AM
LOVE LOVE LOVE this album! Can't wait for this one!

CAinOH
04-15-2019, 11:56 AM
Just not my kind of music, CA. It's cool though, I definitely think it is a masterpiece, but not for me.

Then your mileage varies, Austin. Perfectly all right.

Now, did you say you have a vote up for sale? ;)

WalshFan88
04-15-2019, 03:21 PM
Then your mileage varies, Austin. Perfectly all right.

Now, did you say you have a vote up for sale? ;)

Sure, give me your best offer and I’ll put it in the hat with Dreamer and Brooke’s offers and we’ll see! :lol:

thelastresort
04-15-2019, 03:47 PM
Can't wait for this, my favourite Eagles album and one of my favourites by anyone ever. Should be good!