PDA

View Full Version : Eagles Song Survivor: Desperado

Ive always been a dreamer
04-17-2019, 08:00 PM
Time for the Desperado Survivor, where we vote off the songs on the album until we get to the last one standing!

If you're new, for a basic overview of the game, see this post: Survivor Overview

I'm going to list all the songs on the album here. Vote for the song that you feel should be eliminated from the list. The song that gets the most votes will be taken off of the list (or, in the language of Survivor, "voted off of the island.") Each round, one more song will get axed, until there's only one left. Remember: you're voting for the one you think should GO, not the one you think should stay.

Note: Do not criticize how/why other people vote. Their reasons are their own and they are free to vote however they like. Also, never attack a fellow poster. You can disagree without making it personal. Sometimes these games can get heated, but remember... it's still just a game.

Each round will last 48 hours after posting to give people a chance to vote who don't post every day. That means that the first round will end at 8:00 Eastern time the day after tomorrow. If you miss a round, don't think you can't play. It's all good!

Since there may be discussion posts, be sure to make it clear when you are casting your vote. Once the board clock strikes 8:00 pm Eastern on the second day, no more votes will be counted for that round - even if it's only seconds after. Your votes also cannot be changed once you have voted, even if you change your mind or make a mistake. Once it's on the record, that's it - so be careful!

If you get confused about what round we are in, look at this post. I'll always update it to reflect the current round. Also feel free to post any questions if you don't understand what's going on.

If there is a tiebreaker, then ALL votes from ALL previous rounds are tallied and whoever has the most prior votes is eliminated. That’s the way it’s done on the real show, that’s the way it’s done here. If there is a complete tie with prior votes (Murphy’s Law), then I'll have a sudden-death trivia question ready. The tie-breaker question will be asked one hour after results are in, if there is need for it. The first person who answers it correctly gets to break the tie. The odds of that happening are slim, but you never know, and it's good to be prepared. The exception is the last round. If the tiebreaker does not resolve the last round, then the tie will be allowed to stand.

In order to avoid voter fraud and trolling, we require that you must be "a member in good standing" as defined by the Terms of Service for at least two weeks before the start of the game in order to cast a vote.

GAME OVER!

The winner of the Desperado Survivor is …

Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise

Songs Eliminated:
Twenty-One 4/19
Bitter Creek 4/21
Certain Kind of Fool 4/23
Saturday Night 4/25
Out of Control 4/27
Outlaw Man 4/29
Doolin'-Dalton 5/01
Desperado 5/03
Tequila Sunrise 5/05

Hope everyone enjoyed the game.

Thanks for playing!

sodascouts
04-17-2019, 08:18 PM
I love every single song on this album. It's hard for me to pick one to vote for even now, and it's just going to get harder. This is going to be a tough game!

That said, something's gotta go...

I cast my vote for Twenty-One.

I love the energy and the harmonies, but I voted for it because one line always bothered me: "I can't give a reason why I should ever wanna die." It doesn't seem to make sense in context - of course he can't. Why would he be thinking about wanting to die at that point? Just seems a bit awkward. Only flaw I could find, and a minor one at that, but I had to make a decision somehow.

WalshFan88
04-17-2019, 08:32 PM
Twenty-One​

LovinGlennGirl
04-17-2019, 09:37 PM
I'm with Soda on this one, love love love all the songs. This is probably one of my favorite cd's ever from any artists, any genre. But I vote for Twenty One as well. Its good and I love singing along with it in the car, but something has to be first.

scottside
04-17-2019, 10:41 PM
This IS my favorite album of all time and as such, it's hard to choose a song to go, but I'd have to agree with everyone else so far: "Twenty One" it is.

shunlvswx
04-18-2019, 10:02 AM
I'm going with Twenty-One. I don't like that song. I love country, but too much banjo.

groupie2686
04-18-2019, 10:16 AM
There are a few I could choose to go first, but I'll go with everyone else here and vote for Twenty-One - too country for me also.

New Kid In Town
04-18-2019, 11:03 AM
I vote for "Twenty One " too.

YoungEaglesFan
04-18-2019, 11:38 AM
I’m not sure I feel twenty one is the worst song on the album but it seems like it’s going to lose so I vote twenty one

thelastresort
04-18-2019, 03:24 PM
Certain Kind of Fool

UndertheWire
04-19-2019, 09:51 AM
Out of Control

This is my favourite Eagles album which means it's going to tough to choose. I'm not going to be able to save Twenty One as there's not another contender so I'm placing a vote against Out of Control in anticipation of defending a favourite.

CAinOH
04-19-2019, 06:20 PM
Is it finally Friday? (Got to put a word in to management as to why everyone else got to go home at 5pm, yet I am still here finishing up a software project... grr...)

I will also vote for Twenty-One, although there is another song I could have voted for.

So, disagreements on voting with this album will be determined in the street by, shall we say... the luck of the draw? :)

(Oh, I am getting punchy. Time to go home...)

Glennsallnighter
04-19-2019, 06:22 PM
Well it looks like 21 is on its way out anyway. I kind of like its rhythm so I'm a bit sorry about that. I have been listening to the Desperado album this wee, and the one song that does least if anything for me is 'Bitter Creek' so I will opt to vote it off this round. I know it wont go but the vote might be useful later

04-19-2019, 07:40 PM
Well - Since this round is already decided, I'll look toward the future as well ...

I cast my vote for Saturday Night.

04-19-2019, 08:00 PM
The first song performance to be eliminated in Desperado Survivor is Twenty-One. “Twenty-One, the tribe has spoken and it looks like you have a cause to be afraid because you weren’t as strong as you thought. We found a way of stoppin’ you young man and your life in this game has faded. Now, you’ll have to find another way. Glad you like to spend your life out on the road because you must leave the island immediately.

Votes
Twenty-One – 9
Certain Kind of Fool – 1
Out of Control – 1
Bitter Creek –1
Saturday Night – 1

Vote Breakdown
Twenty-One – sodascouts
Twenty-One – WalshFan88
Twenty-One – LovinGlennGirl
Twenty-One – scottside
Twenty-One – shunlvswx
Twenty-One – groupie2686
Twenty-One – New Kid In Town
Twenty-One – YoungEaglesFan
Twenty-One– CainOH
Certain Kind of Fool – thelastresort
Out of Control – UndertheWire
Bitter Creek – Glennsallnighter
Saturday Night – Ive always been a dreamer

Songs Eliminated
Twenty-One 4/19

Songs Remaining
Doolin-Dalton
Out of Control
Tequila Sunrise
Desperado
Certain Kind of Fool
Outlaw Man
Saturday Night
Bitter Creek

Voting for Round 2 begins now.

04-19-2019, 08:07 PM
BTW - I actually meant to mention this in the announcement thread for this game, but it totally slipped my mind. If anyone would like to send me write-ups for all or any of the songs to post at the beginning of each round's results post, I will be happy to use it. Some of you may have a little fun with it. Anyway, just PM me if you want to contribute.

scottside
04-19-2019, 08:45 PM
I vote for "Saturday Night" to go next. Another hard decision, but I had to pick something.

YoungEaglesFan
04-19-2019, 08:56 PM
I vote out of control. I appreciate the up tempo and grittiness to the song but I just don’t care for it much

WalshFan88
04-19-2019, 09:46 PM
Out Of Control is hands down the best song on the album, for me anyway. I love that rock edge.

I'm going to wait to see what other people vote for in efforts to save it and form an early coalition. I'm not voting just yet.

LovinGlennGirl
04-19-2019, 11:15 PM
My vote goes for Bitter Creek, just not my favorite. And I love Out of Control too much.

CAinOH
04-19-2019, 11:22 PM
I also vote for Bitter Creek.

UndertheWire
04-20-2019, 09:14 AM
Bitter Creek is my favourite of Bernie's songs and I want to save it, so I'll have to wait and see which other song is getting the votes. Good lyrics and a very laid-back style. I love the guitar and the long outro,

New Kid In Town
04-20-2019, 03:25 PM
I vote for Saturday Night.

WalshFan88
04-20-2019, 07:37 PM
I'm going to vote for Bitter Creek​.

Out of Control
04-20-2019, 08:57 PM
I’ll vote for Bitter Creek because if you hadn’t guessed by the username, big Out of Control fan over here.

sodascouts
04-20-2019, 11:12 PM
Hate to target Bernie, but...

I cast my vote for Bitter Creek as well.

Again, not a bad song, but compared to what's left, my least favorite.

04-21-2019, 10:47 AM
Yes - let's give Bernie some love here. I really like Twenty-One a lot - it's my second favorite of his Eagles songs, but I knew there was no way to save it last round. I like Bitter Creek a lot too and maybe it can still be saved this round. So please join me in a coalition to ...

SAVE BITTER CREEK!!!

VOTE FOR SATURDAY NIGHT!!!

Now, to make it official ...

04-21-2019, 10:58 AM
Also, just want to let everyone know that the results of tonight's round will be posted late tonight. I have plans and won't be home until later in the evening. So, as always, please do not vote for the next round until the official results are posted for this one. Thanks!

groupie2686
04-21-2019, 11:56 AM
I am also voting for Bitter Creek. This and Certain Kind of Fool are my least favorites of what's left, but it seems like Bitter Creek is going down anyway. Poor Bernie isn't getting any love here!

YoungEaglesFan
04-21-2019, 01:31 PM
I personally find bitter creek really underrated. I love the guitar work and I find it a unique song within the Eagles catalogue. The sparseness of the track is nice for a change and I think Bernie does a great job on the lyrics

UndertheWire
04-21-2019, 01:52 PM
Please save Bitter Creek.

I vote for Saturday Night.

Glennsallnighter
04-21-2019, 03:55 PM
No need to change my mind this round - I vote for Bitter Creek

shunlvswx
04-21-2019, 05:58 PM
Sorry. I'm voting for Bitter Creek. Not my favorite song and I always skip it.

04-21-2019, 09:33 PM
The next song performance to be eliminated in Desperado Survivor is Bitter Creek. “Bitter Creek”, the tribe has spoken and it looks like you may have a cause to weep. You should have tried harder to find an ill for the cure. Now, you might wanna go hide out where the desert meets the sky cause it’s time to hit the road one last time and leave the island immediately.

Votes
Bitter Creek – 8
Saturday Night – 4
Out of Control – 1

Vote Breakdown
Bitter Creek – LovinGlennGirl
Bitter Creek – CainOH
Bitter Creek – WalshFan88
Bitter Creek – Out of Control
Bitter Creek – sodascouts
Bitter Creek– groupie2686
Bitter Creek – Glennsallnighter
Bitter Creek – shunlvswx
Saturday Night – scottside
Saturday Night – New Kid In Town
Saturday Night – UndertheWire
Out of Control – YoungEaglesFan

Songs Eliminated
Twenty-One 4/19
Bitter Creek 4/21

Songs Remaining
Doolin-Dalton
Out of Control
Tequila Sunrise
Desperado
Certain Kind of Fool
Outlaw Man
Saturday Night

Voting for Round 3 begins now.

scottside
04-21-2019, 09:55 PM
"Saturday Night," again.

thelastresort
04-22-2019, 03:44 AM
Missed the last round - some of us heathens work on Easter Sunday ;) - but alas it wouldn't have made a difference anyway. I love Bitter Creek as per YEF said, a very unique entry in their catalog and some seriously good guitar work on the outro.

--------------

Since it appears my beloved Saturday Night (easily in my top 10 Eagles songs ever) is doomed come what may over the coming days I will go uber tactical...

I vote for Depserado.

CAinOH
04-22-2019, 08:12 AM
Since it appears my beloved Saturday Night (easily in my top 10 Eagles songs ever) is doomed come what may over the coming days I will go uber tactical...

I vote for Depserado.

Well, that escalated quickly. ;)

groupie2686
04-22-2019, 09:45 AM
Missed the last round - some of us heathens work on Easter Sunday ;) - but alas it wouldn't have made a difference anyway. I love Bitter Creek as per YEF said, a very unique entry in their catalog and some seriously good guitar work on the outro.

--------------

I vote for Depserado.

WOW. Would not have expected a vote for Desperado this early in the game.

I am voting for Certain Kind of Fool. It is not that great of a song, compared to the others. And why all the dislike for Saturday Night? It is one of my favorites too!

New Kid In Town
04-22-2019, 09:55 AM
Well, I will vote for Saturday Night one more time.

Brooke
04-22-2019, 01:27 PM
Darn, I completely forgot about the game starting! Just too much going on around here! :doh:

I just love this album so yes, it's going to be hard to vote off any songs for me. I will have to agree with Twenty One and Bittercreek though. They would have been my first two picks although I really like both songs.

So, getting it together here and voting for Certain Kind of Fool. I do love it though and I think Randy does a great job on it! I just love what's left more! :shrug:

YoungEaglesFan
04-22-2019, 02:08 PM
I vote certain kind of fool. Not a bad song but I think Saturday night is a solid song. It’s slow but I think its got some charm

LovinGlennGirl
04-22-2019, 08:48 PM
I vote for Certain Kind of Fool.

WalshFan88
04-22-2019, 08:50 PM
​Certain Kind Of Fool

Out of Control
04-22-2019, 09:53 PM
Certain Kind of Fool.

shunlvswx
04-23-2019, 09:44 AM
I like Saturday Night. So I'm voting for Certain Kind Of Fool.

Glennsallnighter
04-23-2019, 01:09 PM
I've always had a soft spot for Saturday Night and I was delighted when I saw it included in the HOTE set list, so while it probably won't win the survivor I'd be reluctant to see it go just yet. Therefore I will cast my vote this round for Certain Kind of Fool.

04-23-2019, 06:21 PM
I seem to be out of sync with most of you in the early part of the game. I really like Certain Kind of Fool. I like Saturday Night, but it's not a favorite. Oh, well, hopefully, the later rounds will go more to my liking. lol But, for now, I'll continue voting for the same song ...

04-23-2019, 06:26 PM
Also, just want to let everyone know that the results of tonight's round will be posted late again tonight. Sorry, but I've had a really busy week. Hopefully, things will settle down soon. I shouldn't be too late and will get the results posted as soon as possible. So, again, please do not vote for the next round until the official results are posted for this one. Thanks!

CAinOH
04-23-2019, 06:51 PM
Am I too late? Did I miss the stage?

If not, I'll vote for Certain Kind of Fool.

04-23-2019, 08:29 PM
The next song performance to be eliminated in Desperado Survivor is Certain Kind of Fool. “Certain Kind of Fool”, the tribe has spoken, but this is one time that you don’t want to hear the sound our your own name. It looks like you got no respect and couldn’t stand with the best. You must leave the island immediately so maybe you can run off to the city and dance and sing and wander around in the streets.

Votes
Certain Kind of Fool – 9
Saturday Night – 3
Desperado – 1

Vote Breakdown
Certain Kind of Fool – groupie2686
Certain Kind of Fool – Brooke
Certain Kind of Fool – YoungEaglesFan
Certain Kind of Fool – LovinGlennGirl
Certain Kind of Fool – WalshFan88
Certain Kind of Fool – Out of Control
Certain Kind of Fool – shunlvswx
Certain Kind of Fool – Glennsallnighter
Certain Kind of Fool – CainOH
Desperado – thelastresort

Songs Eliminated
Twenty-One 4/19
Bitter Creek 4/21

Songs Remaining
Doolin-Dalton
Out of Control
Tequila Sunrise
Desperado
Outlaw Man
Saturday Night

Voting for Round 4 begins now.

scottside
04-23-2019, 10:30 PM
Saturday Night

New Kid In Town
04-24-2019, 07:16 AM
I vote for Saturday Night

YoungEaglesFan
04-24-2019, 10:37 AM
I vote Out of control

groupie2686
04-24-2019, 11:02 AM
This has officially gotten hard, I love all of the songs that are left. Seems like Saturday Night is going to go down, but I vote Out of Control

shunlvswx
04-24-2019, 11:26 AM
Voting for Out Of Control. Also not my favorite from the album.

UndertheWire
04-24-2019, 12:20 PM
Out of Control

CAinOH
04-24-2019, 01:25 PM
I agree, groupie... it gets difficult from here on out. I need some time to think.

sodascouts
04-24-2019, 02:21 PM
Shoot, this is harder and harder! "Out of Control" is so wild and free; I love how Glenn's vocal really conveys that. On the other hand, "Saturday Night" is beautiful and poignant, with some amazing lyrics.

After much agonizing....

WalshFan88
04-24-2019, 03:10 PM
Saturday Night

Out of Control
04-24-2019, 05:36 PM
Doolin-Dalton.

04-24-2019, 11:06 PM
Oh my - This game just keeps getting worse. lol I absolutely love Out of Control - the song stands alone as the most rockin' energetic song on this album. Glenn attacks this one with such reckless abandon that it makes my head spin. This round is not over by a long shot, so if you want to save Out of Control, we can't afford to split the votes. So here I go again ... let's ban together and save this rockin' song ...

SAVE OUT OF CONTROL!!!

VOTE FOR SATURDAY NIGHT!!!

So to make it official ...

BBKron
04-25-2019, 10:14 AM
Just dropped by the site after being away for a very long time, and saw that you were in the process of a Desperado Survivor, so had to check that out. Desperado is my favorite Eagles album, and one of my very favorite albums of all-time.

But then I was dismayed to see that in the first 3 rounds, 3 of the best songs on the album have already been eliminated. What?
I know that it is hard to choose any songs to be eliminated from this album, because every song is great, there really are no 'weak' songs here. But still, both of Bernie's great songs were first 2 to go? Really?

Bitter Creek - Bernie's best song, and THE underrated gem of the album. Just so cool. My pick for best song on the album.

Twenty-One - Great bluegrass-inspired banjo tune. Fun, positive, upbeat ditty that perfectly sets the stage for the downward spiral that plays out through the rest of the album.

Certain Kind of Fool - Randy's best song. A Classic.

Again, although no weak songs here, I would have selected Saturday Night, Outlaw Man, and Out of Control (in that order) before any of those three already eliminated. Anyway, having been through these Survivor games before, I know that's just how these things go. Everyone has their own personal favorites and preferences, and it's all good music, always interesting, (and fun? - well not always).

Ok, so moving forward, for this round, I would have to say that I select:

Saturday Night for elimination.

thelastresort
04-25-2019, 04:16 PM
Out of Control

CAinOH
04-25-2019, 06:35 PM
Oh, this is so close between Saturday Night and Out Of Control. I'm almost to the flippin' a coin situation...

CAinOH
04-25-2019, 06:53 PM
Okay, if I don't post this now, I'm likely to forget or not get back in time. After some consultation with another fan, I've decided to vote for... but this is so hard to do...

I'm voting for Saturday Night.

Glennsallnighter
04-25-2019, 07:31 PM
I love both of these songs so its a hard one to call. After listening to both again today (I love setting myself homework- Lol) reluctantly I have decided to vote off Saturday Night. I just love Glenn :heart:'s gutsy vocals on OOC so would love to see it survive just a little bit longer

04-25-2019, 08:00 PM
The next song performance to be eliminated in Desperado Survivor is Saturday Night. “Saturday Night”, the tribe has spoken, and you lose this fight. We didn’t choose you and now you must swallow your pride. It may seem like a bad dream, but tell us, oh tell us, are you alright? Whatever happened, there is no time to pass because it’s time for you to leave the island.

Votes
Saturday Night – 8
Out of Control – 5
Doolin-Dalton – 1

Vote Breakdown
Saturday Night– sodascouts
Saturday Night – WalshFan88
Saturday Night – BBKron
Saturday Night – CainOH
Saturday Night – Glennsallnighter
Out of Control – groupie2686
Out of Control – shunlvswx
Out of Control – thelastresort
Doolin-Dalton – Out of Control

Songs Eliminated
Twenty-One 4/19
Bitter Creek 4/21
Saturday Night 4/25

Songs Remaining
Doolin-Dalton
Out of Control
Tequila Sunrise
Desperado
Outlaw Man

Voting for Round 5 begins now.

YoungEaglesFan
04-25-2019, 08:11 PM
I vote for out of control. I think it’s time. The other songs are simply better in my opinion

BBKron
04-25-2019, 08:36 PM
These are all great songs, but

I cast my vote for Outlaw Man, primarily because it is the only song on the album composed entirely by someone outside the band. So in a sense, it is a bit less of an 'Eagles' song, and although theirs is the definitive 'classic' version, it still is basically a cover of singer-songwriter David Blue's original version of Outlaw Man. That does not diminish the song in any way, but that is enough to send it away before the rest of the other classic Eagles songs left in play, as far as I'm concerned.

04-25-2019, 08:49 PM
Well- I'm happy that things finally went my way in this game. I really am glad that Out of Control survived the last round and I hope it stays around for a while longer. I totally disagree that all of the other remaining songs are better. I think this song deserves to hang around because it is the lone song that has what I call the 3 R's - it's raw, raunchy, and rockin'. Glenn gives this song his all with the energetic and passionate delivery that sets it apart from many of the other songs on the album.

However, at this point, the game is really hard. This is such a great album and I think all the songs are strong. So, I'll buy into BBKron's argument about Outlaw Man. Don't get me wrong, I love the song, but I love 'em all so this is as good a reason as any. I'll join in to try to save Out of Control ,,,

I cast my vote for Outlaw Man.

shunlvswx
04-25-2019, 09:04 PM
I like Outlaw Man. So I'm not ready for it to leave just yet.

I'm voting again for Out Of Control. Not one of my favorite songs and I always skip. I'm starting to think I really don't like this album other than 5 songs.

CAinOH
04-25-2019, 09:37 PM
While I understand the reasoning behind voting for Outlaw Man... I'm not ready to vote for that one, yet.

scottside
04-25-2019, 10:34 PM
I vote for "Desperado."

04-25-2019, 11:03 PM
I actually started to vote for either Doolin-Dalton or Desperado until I saw BBKron's post. Here is my rationale - it's probably no secret that I would love to see the Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise win the game. The way I look at it - if it were to win the game, then that makes Doolin-Dalton and Desperado expendable because they are both represented in the reprise. Saving the reprise is like getting 3 songs in 1. Well, it's too late for me this round, but if folks don't want to vote off Outlaw Man, then stick together and vote for one of these. But, for those interested in saving Out of Control, then they have to stick together with one song and not split the vote.

UndertheWire
04-26-2019, 04:24 AM
Just listen to Outlaw Man before deciding to vote for it. Never mind who wrote it (although I'm impressed by how well, with just a few tweaks to the lyrics, that i fits the theme). It has some of the best guitar and drums on the album. I love the piano and vocals too. The extended "outlaw" followed by the soft "man". Just because they didn't play it late in their career doesn't mean it's not a gem.

I vote for Out of Control. Yes, it's a young man's song with lots of energy but I'm not keen on the distortion.

cosec3791
04-26-2019, 05:39 AM
I vote for Doolin Dalton. Just too country for my liking, although I rate the live versions with the reprise highly

groupie2686
04-26-2019, 10:56 AM
Out of Control

sodascouts
04-26-2019, 12:27 PM
I'm voting for Outlaw Man.

I love it, but the guys didn't write it.

New Kid In Town
04-26-2019, 05:00 PM
Wow, this is getting very difficult. I vote for Outlaw Man.

WalshFan88
04-26-2019, 06:49 PM
Outlaw Man

WalshFan88
04-26-2019, 07:00 PM
Yes, it's a young man's song with lots of energy but I'm not keen on the distortion.

Haha, that's what I love about it! But I'm a rock n' roll fan, not a smooth country-rock fan. I'm a headbanger, lol. I love big distorted guitars like AC/DC or Guns N' Roses.

It seems to me there are at least two camps of Eagles fans - those who love the vocal harmonies, smooth early country rock sound who like lyrical depth and storytelling and more softer sounds. They tend to love traditional country music or soft rock. They don't care for big bombastic rebellious rock and roll with loud guitars. Then there are those who love that big guitar band sound of the later period where it was more akin to the Stones or Aerosmith and love that raw rock n' roll energy and are more classic AOR rock fans who think listening to the Byrds or Merle Haggard would be a pretty uncomfortable experience. I'm in the latter group, lol. I like country, but the newer stuff that doesn't sound like classic country. It's more either rock based or RNB/EDM/Pop based. That I like. More of the Luke Bryan/Jason Aldean/Thomas Rhett stuff.

04-26-2019, 08:42 PM
Wow! This round is a real nailbiter. It's neck and neck and every vote is important. I hate to have to pit two excellent songs against each other, but I think that's the way this game is going to be from here on out. There may be more strategic voting and alliances in our future. It's the kind of game that some love for the excitement while others may tear their hair out. :yay: :brickwall: :blueblob: :dizzy: :applause: :thud:

Out of Control
04-26-2019, 11:47 PM
If there’s still time, Outlaw Man. Trying to save my username here.

LovinGlennGirl
04-27-2019, 09:43 AM
I LOVE Out Of Control
I LOVE Outlaw Man
I can't decide....So hard

I vote for Doolin Dalton but only cause its part of the Reprise and I LOVE the reprise.

Delilah
04-27-2019, 09:54 AM
I vote for Out of Control.

I love it - the guitars, bass and drums are great. But I’m not a fan of Glenn’s lead vocal here. I’m not referring to his singing but the production. It sounds like he was being recorded from a closet. Whatever effect they were going for with this - gritty rock or whatever - falls a bit short. The live version is definitely better b/c his vocals are crisp and clear.

CAinOH
04-27-2019, 12:48 PM
I've got time... I'm going to wait to see if Outlaw Man can be saved. If not, I have a protest vote planned.

But, yes... it's going to be really tough from here on out.

CAinOH
04-27-2019, 07:56 PM
I am voting for Out Of Control.

YoungEaglesFan
04-27-2019, 08:04 PM
I vote for Out of Control.

I love it - the guitars, bass and drums are great. But I’m not a fan of Glenn’s lead vocal here. I’m not referring to his singing but the production. It sounds like he was being recorded from a closet. Whatever effect they were going for with this - gritty rock or whatever - falls a bit short. The live version is definitely better b/c his vocals are crisp and clear.

I agree with you Delilah about the production. The sound they got is just too out there for me. Or at least within the Eagles catalogue. I think if they had gone in a different direction but kept the essence of the song, I would like it more

04-27-2019, 08:10 PM
In a tied round, the next song performance to be eliminated in Desperado Survivor is Out of Control. “Out of Control”, the tribe has spoken, and you got no glory even though you gambled on your story. But, we’re bettin’ our money on an ace in the whole that you got plenty of guts. We’re not looking for trouble, so, come on, saddle up, boy, you need to ride off the island.

Votes
Out of Control – 6
Outlaw Man – 6
Doolin-Dalton – 2
Desperado – 1

Previous Votes
Out of Control – 7
Outlaw Man – 0

Vote Breakdown
Out of Control – shunlvswx
Out of Control – groupie2686
Out of Control – Delilah
Out of Control – CainOH
Outlaw Man – BBKron
Outlaw Man – Ive always been a dreamer
Outlaw Man – sodascouts
Outlaw Man – New Kid In Town
Outlaw Man – WalshFan88
Outlaw Man – Out of Control
Doolin-Dalton – cosec3791
Doolin-Dalton – LovinGlennGirl
Desperado – scottside

Songs Eliminated
Twenty-One 4/19
Bitter Creek 4/21
Saturday Night 4/25
Out of Control 4/27

Songs Remaining
Doolin-Dalton
Tequila Sunrise
Desperado
Outlaw Man

Voting for Round 6 begins now.

WalshFan88
04-27-2019, 08:26 PM
The best song on the album is gone. :(

Well as some say this gets harder, this is where it gets easier for me. I don't really like the remaining songs all that much.

Outlaw Man

scottside
04-27-2019, 08:54 PM
Desperado

04-27-2019, 09:17 PM
Now I really regret voting for Outlaw Man last round because maybe Out of Control could have survived against another song. Plus I love Outlaw Man too and it is the only uptempo song left in the game. This time I'm inclined to vote for Doolin-Dalton. As I said before I love that song too, but I feel like it is represented in the reprise so that makes it somewhat more expendable. However, I think this time I'm going to wait to see how this round plays out, but I definitely will vote for Doolin-Dalton if there is a chance to eliminate it.

LovinGlennGirl
04-27-2019, 09:43 PM
Voting for Doolin Dalton, but only because its in the reprise. This is getting too hard.

shunlvswx
04-27-2019, 10:00 PM
I love all the rest of the songs that's left, but something has to go. So I'm voting for Outlaw Man.

Out of Control
04-27-2019, 11:33 PM
The best song on the album is gone. :( agreed

Well as some say this gets harder, this is where it gets easier for me. I don't really like the remaining songs all that much. agree for a couple of the songs

Outlaw Man

I’ll join Austin and vote out Outlaw Man​ again.

New Kid In Town
04-28-2019, 10:59 AM
I vote for Outlaw Man. I love the energy of the song but it is not written by them and I love all the others left.

thelastresort
04-28-2019, 11:40 AM
I vote for Outlaw Man. Love the lyrics and outro but it is the weakest of the songs left, and I have always felt too that the acoustic rhythm guitar completely kills the sound.
(Conversely, the Seattle '76 bootleg, minus acoustic guitar but featuring a fully-charged Felder is absolutely superb, even at the cost of Randy's bass in the outro. Easily in my top five Eagles live performances ever.)

groupie2686
04-28-2019, 02:01 PM
Outlaw Man

YoungEaglesFan
04-28-2019, 04:38 PM
I vote for doolin dalton. I think Outlaw man is terrific. The reprise is better than doolin dalton in my opinion

sodascouts
04-28-2019, 05:03 PM
I vote for Outlaw Man for the same reason as before... it is a cover. An excellent cover that they made their own, but a cover nonetheless.

BBKron
04-28-2019, 05:28 PM
I vote again for Outlaw Man (same reasons as before - great song, but not written by any Eagles).

It should have been gone last round, but now it really must go - before any of that last quartet of great songs.
BTW, I don't buy the argument that it is OK to remove Doolin Dalton or Desperado because they are represented in the Reprise. Sorry, it don't work that way (IMO) - as stand-alone songs, they are among the very best of the album. Although I agree (and hope) that the Reprise will survive as the top song, it is not yet time to jettison either Dalton or Desperado.

Glennsallnighter
04-28-2019, 06:29 PM
I can't believe I missed the last round. My vote might have broken the tie. Had a very stressful incident yesterday and the survivor completely slipped my mind.

Brooke
04-29-2019, 03:12 PM
Well, don't feel bad Ga. I wish I would have thought to come in and vote too. We could have both saved Out of Control, one of my favorite Eagles songs. Ok peeps, somebody needs to call me when important stuff like this is going on! :lol: :cry:

So, since OM is likely to go this time, I will vote strategically. Hmmmmmmmm

I vote for Desperado. ​And I do love the song.

Delilah
04-29-2019, 03:30 PM
I vote for doolin dalton. I think Outlaw man is terrific. The reprise is better than doolin dalton in my opinion

I agree with this. I love Outlaw Man and the swagger Glenn brings to the lead vocal. It doesn’t bother me that it’s a cover.

I vote for Doolin Dalton.

04-29-2019, 07:49 PM
Well thank goodness - it's GA's and Brooke's fault that Out of Control was eliminated last time. :fight: :steviesmack::steviesmack: For the last two days, I've been blaming myself when it wasn't my fault at all. lol

Well- this game hasn't been going my way for sure, but, hopefully, my luck will soon change. So, anyway ...

I cast my vote for Doolin-Dalton.

CAinOH
04-29-2019, 07:57 PM
Looks like Outlaw Man can't be saved this time. (But I did wait until the last minute last time!)

I vote for Desperado.

04-29-2019, 08:00 PM
The next song to be eliminated in Desperado Survivor is Outlaw Man. “Outlaw Man”, the tribe has spoken, and no need to try to understand why you didn’t steal our hearts and souls. Sadly, when you got no life to lose, there's nothin' left to gain. But, the highway is your legacy and on the highway you will run as you leave the island.

Votes
Outlaw Man – 8
Doolin-Dalton – 4
Desperado – 3

Vote Breakdown
Outlaw Man – WalshFan88
Outlaw Man – shunlvswx
Outlaw Man – Out of Control
Outlaw Man – New Kid In Town
Outlaw Man – thelastresort
Outlaw Man – groupie2686
Outlaw Man – sodascouts
Outlaw Man – BBKron
Doolin-Dalton – YoungEaglesFan
Doolin-Dalton – Delilah
Doolin-Dalton – Ive always been a dreamer
Desperado – scottside
Desperado – Brooke
Desperado – CAinOH

Songs Eliminated
Twenty-One 4/19
Bitter Creek 4/21
Saturday Night 4/25
Out of Control 4/27
Outlaw Man 4/29

Songs Remaining
Doolin-Dalton
Tequila Sunrise
Desperado

Voting for Round 7 begins now.

YoungEaglesFan
04-29-2019, 08:02 PM
I vote doolin dalton. It’s a shame outlaw man had to go so soon as I really like the energy Glenn gives off in that song. But in this round I think DD is definitely the weakest

LovinGlennGirl
04-29-2019, 08:50 PM
Doolin Dalton gets the vote this time

groupie2686
04-29-2019, 10:46 PM
Doolin Dalton

scottside
04-29-2019, 11:10 PM
Desperado

WalshFan88
04-29-2019, 11:47 PM
​Doolin-Dalton

Glennsallnighter
04-30-2019, 09:43 AM
Again I missed this round but this time I don't think that my vote would have made any difference to the eventual outcome. Interestingly it was nearly midnight and I was in bed when I remembered to vote. I kept logging in on my phone, and I would get the welcome message and then be prompted top log in again. I know I was using the correct password so am baffled to think why I couldn't access the site.

I have the last 4 songs ranked in the order I would like to see them finish, and as Desperado is last on that list, fine song and all as it is I'm going to vote to eliminate it this round before its too late for the other songs

New Kid In Town
04-30-2019, 10:13 AM
I vote for Doolin-Dalton

sodascouts
04-30-2019, 10:36 AM
Hmmm....

I cast my vote for Desperado.

Brooke
04-30-2019, 11:54 AM
I vote for Desperado!

CAinOH
04-30-2019, 12:13 PM
My vote goes for Desperado.

Out of Control
04-30-2019, 01:13 PM
Doolin-Dalton. I just think that the other three, plus Out of Control and maybe Saturday Night, are better than Doolin-Dalton.

shunlvswx
04-30-2019, 01:36 PM
I hate to do this, but I'm voting for Doolin Dalton. I love this song, but it was hard to choose.

UndertheWire
04-30-2019, 03:40 PM
Yes, it's tricky. My vote goes to Tequila Sunrise. I can't justify it, other than the harmonica intro in Doolin-Dalton is calling to me.

YoungEaglesFan
04-30-2019, 05:49 PM
Yes, it's tricky. My vote goes to Tequila Sunrise. I can't justify it, other than the harmonica intro in Doolin-Dalton is calling to me.

It doesn’t do much for me in the studio but when I saw a video of them doing it during HOTE, it had that affect. It’s haunting in a way

thelastresort
04-30-2019, 06:11 PM
I vote for Desperado. I appreciate this song means the world to some and it is exceptionally written but by and large it does nothing for me.

BBKron
04-30-2019, 07:11 PM
Wow, at first it looked like Doolin Dalton was gone for sure, but now it is a very close race between Desperado and Doolin Dalton, which I am very surprised by.

However, I cannot vote for either of these to leave (cannot consider voting for any in the holy trinity of D, DD, DDDR) while there still is a song present that does not quite rise to the level of those masterpieces, and that is Tequila Sunrise - a great song, but just not in the same league as any of the 'D's.

So, although it has no chance of being removed, and it is certain that either Desperado or Doolin Dalton will not be the among the 3 that ride back when these 4 ride out, I still have to go with my own conscience and ranking, and vote to remove Tequila Sunrise.

Is there gonna be anything left, is there gonna be? ... Maybe Tomorrow

Delilah
05-01-2019, 04:55 PM
As much as I love it, my vote goes to Doolin Dalton.

05-01-2019, 07:51 PM
I love most of the songs on this album, but something has to go. As I've said before, of course, Doolin-Dalton and Desperado are their own unique awesome songs, as is the reprise. However, I still believe that the essence of all three songs is captured in the reprise. To me, that song is a great ending to a great album, so ...

I cast my vote for Doolin-Dalton.

05-01-2019, 08:01 PM
The next song performance to be eliminated in Desperado Survivor is Doolin-Dalton. “Doolin-Dalton”, the tribe has spoken, and you weren’t fast and you weren't lucky, so you have to face that hangin' tree. There is a tombstone in our graveyard just waiting for your name. So take swig of red-eye whiskey and keep on movin’ as you leave this peaceful game behind.

Votes
Doolin-Dalton – 9
Desperado – 6
Tequila Sunrise – 2

Vote Breakdown
Doolin-Dalton – YoungEaglesFan
Doolin-Dalton – groupie2686
Doolin-Dalton – WalshFan88
Doolin-Dalton – New Kid In Town
Doolin-Dalton – Out of Control
Doolin-Dalton – shunlvswx
Doolin-Dalton – Delilah
Doolin-Dalton – Ive always been a dreamer
Desperado – scottside
Desperado – Glennsallnighter
Desperado – sodascouts
Desperado – Brooke
Desperado – CainOH
Tequila Sunrise – UndertheWire
Tequila Sunrise – BBKron

Songs Eliminated
Twenty-One 4/19
Bitter Creek 4/21
Saturday Night 4/25
Out of Control 4/27
Outlaw Man 4/29
Doolin-Dalton 5/01

Songs Remaining
Tequila Sunrise
Desperado

Voting for Round 8 begins now.

YoungEaglesFan
05-01-2019, 09:14 PM
I vote for desperado.

scottside
05-01-2019, 10:44 PM
I vote for "Desperado." I'm really kind of surprised it has gotten this far actually.

WalshFan88
05-02-2019, 12:24 AM
​Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise

thelastresort
05-02-2019, 07:36 AM
Desperado

New Kid In Town
05-02-2019, 07:36 AM
I vote for Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise.

CAinOH
05-02-2019, 08:01 AM
​Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise

Now, Austin... that just hurts...

UndertheWire
05-02-2019, 11:42 AM
It's another Tequila Sunrise for me.

groupie2686
05-02-2019, 12:58 PM
I think I will be outvoted here, but I vote for Doolin Dalton/Desperado Reprise.

Brooke
05-02-2019, 01:59 PM
Desperado

sodascouts
05-02-2019, 03:38 PM
Another vote for Desperado here.

Glennsallnighter
05-02-2019, 05:36 PM
Desperado again for me

WalshFan88
05-02-2019, 06:13 PM
Personally I feel Desperado is better by itself than in the Reprise. It's also one of the band's biggest songs. They've closed with it for decades now probably.

I also don't like Tequila Sunrise at all. I do like Desperado, as I can relate to some of the imagery.

thelastresort
05-02-2019, 06:53 PM
I find Desperado rather boring in all honesty, having it as the set closer sucked the life out of the entire joint and reiterated that in their latter years the Eagles were nowt but Henley and friends. I find it by far the least enjoyable of the four remaining songs and significantly inferior to the Reprise, at least actually that builds to something and has input by other members of the band.

LovinGlennGirl
05-02-2019, 10:21 PM
Desperado is my heart song, loved it since I heard Linda sing it so long ago.
Tequila Sunrise is classic beautiful Eagles.
The Reprise is hauntingly beautiful.

I think my vote goes for Tequila Sunrise, because it would break my heart to vote for Desperado.

Out of Control
05-02-2019, 10:29 PM
Tequila Sunrise.

shunlvswx
05-03-2019, 09:36 AM
I like the other songs. So I'm voting Tequila Sunrise. Tequila Sunrise was never really my favorite Eagles song.

BBKron
05-03-2019, 02:35 PM
I have to vote for Tequila Sunrise here. Great song, but doesn't deserve to be one of the final 2 songs left. Personally, I would have voted it out before several others that are already gone. I would rank Tequila Sunrise to be about the 5th or 6th best song on the album. That is no disrespect to TS, it just shows how great an album this is.

Delilah
05-03-2019, 03:27 PM
I have loved “To Kill a Sunrise” since I first heard it on the radio as a child, even if it didn’t make sense to me. But something has to go, I guess.

I vote for Tequila Sunrise.​

05-03-2019, 03:59 PM
I'm one that happens to love Tequila Sunrise and I believe that it definitely deserves to be in the final round of the game. To me, any of the three remaining songs are worthy of winning this game. However, that can't happen, so rather than have Desperado and the reprise in the final round ...

I cast my vote for Desperado.

05-03-2019, 04:06 PM
Also, just want to let everyone know that the results of tonight's round will be posted late again tonight. I have dinner plans (yes, I eat out a lot) and will post the results as soon as I get home. So, as always, please do not vote for the next round until the official results are posted for this one. Thanks!

CAinOH
05-03-2019, 08:29 PM
Well, crap... guess who forgot to vote... Dang it.

05-03-2019, 09:07 PM
The next song to be eliminated in Desperado Survivor is Desperado. “Desperado”, the tribe has spoken, and you know that we’ve got our reasons. We told you that the queen of diamonds would beat you if she's able, but you decided to draw her anyway. So now, open the gate and let your pain and your hunger drive you off the island immediately. The two remaining songs may return to camp.

Tequila Sunrise vs. Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise

Votes
Desperado – 7
Tequila Sunrise – 6
Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise – 3

Vote Breakdown
Desperado – YoungEaglesFan
Desperado – scottside
Desperado – Brooke
Desperado – sodascouts
Desperado – Glennsallnighter
Desperado – Ive always been a dreamer
Tequila Sunrise – UndertheWire
Tequila Sunrise – LovinGlennGirl
Tequila Sunrise – Out of Control
Tequila Sunrise – shunlvswx
Tequila Sunrise – BBKron
Tequila Sunrise– Delilah
Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise – WalshFan88
Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise – New Kid In Town
Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise – groupie2686

Songs Eliminated
Twenty-One 4/19
Bitter Creek 4/21
Saturday Night 4/25
Out of Control 4/27
Outlaw Man 4/29
Doolin-Dalton 5/01
Desperado 5/03

We’re at the last round. This round is special, so it’s done differently. We’re not going to vote for the song we want to go. We’re going to vote for the song we want to win. This is how they do it on the real show, after all.

Once again...

VOTE FOR THE SONG YOU WANT TO WIN.

Tequila Sunrise vs. Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise

Voting for the final round begins now.

CAinOH
05-03-2019, 09:14 PM
Voting now because I don't want to miss this:

I am voting for Doolin-Dalton/Desperado (Reprise) ​to win.

05-03-2019, 09:26 PM
CA - Sorry you missed the last round. If it's any consolation, your vote wouldn't have changed the outcome. Based on your previous votes, I assume you would have voted for Desperado. But even if you had voted for Tequila Sunrise, the round would have ended in a tie, and by virtue of the tiebreaker rule, Desperado would still have been eliminated. As I said earlier, any of the final three songs are worthy of winning, but I personally am very happy with the two finalists. I think I know how the game will end up, but anything can happen. To me, this has been an unpredictable game so it'll be interesting.

scottside
05-03-2019, 11:05 PM
Doolin-Dalton/Desperado (Reprise) for the win. One of the most cinematic and beautiful pieces of music ever....

WalshFan88
05-04-2019, 12:55 AM
This is really tough as I really don't like either of the remaining songs. :lol:

I'm going to give it a bit more thought.

WalshFan88
05-04-2019, 01:00 AM
I find Desperado rather boring in all honesty, having it as the set closer sucked the life out of the entire joint and reiterated that in their latter years the Eagles were nowt but Henley and friends. I find it by far the least enjoyable of the four remaining songs and significantly inferior to the Reprise, at least actually that builds to something and has input by other members of the band.

I personally disagree on the placement of Desperado as the closer.

I feel like Desperado ends the show on a nice note. Like a true closer, bring it down and ending with something mild means you feel like you aren't wanting for more. If they closed with TIE, on a upbeat song, you'd walk away wanting more. Which maybe as a business is a good idea as everyone says to always leave them wanting more, but I personally HATE that feeling, and yes it does make me go back so it does work, lol but that puts the power in the hands of the seller, and not the buyer. And I think the power should always be with the buyer, the customer is always right, yada yada. Maybe I'm biased because I'm usually the buyer and never the seller, lol. But it does remind me of that. Ending with an uptempo song and then "goodbye", you feel like you haven't got everything there was to get. It's like unfinished business.

I love uptempo rock and roll music but closing with a song like Desperado or maybe even Wasted Time makes you feel like it's come to a gentle close and they've left everything on the stage.

LovinGlennGirl
05-04-2019, 07:11 AM
I vote for the Reprise for the win.

shunlvswx
05-04-2019, 07:59 AM
I’m sad to see Desperado gone.

I’m voting for Doolin-Dalton/Desperado reprise for the win.

I fell in love with the song when the guys put it in their set list for the HOTE tour. A great song.

New Kid In Town
05-04-2019, 08:56 AM
As much as I love TS - I think it is a beautiful song. Also, it is one of the first two songs Don and Glenn wrote together. I think the Reprise is better. I vote for Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise ​to win.

Glennsallnighter
05-04-2019, 12:16 PM
I love and have always loved Tequila Sunrise with all my heart and soul. Its a beautiful ballad, and watching it sung live in front of me so many times has only reinforced what a beautiful melodic ballad it is. But its a ballad and really while a lovely effort from the new songwriting duo of Henley and Frey back in '73 it followed a format that can be repeated. However I feel the Reprise is a wonderful piece of music that ties together both the theme of the album with its title - listening to it you can almost place yourself at that frontier where all the cation was happening. It is a very brave composition, and considering the guys were so young and early in their song writing career a very gutsy inclusion on an album So for those rather rambling reasons I vote for the Doolin-Dalton Reprise to win

UndertheWire
05-04-2019, 01:10 PM
I still think of Desperado as the definitive Eagles song and I'm surprised it didn't win. Perhaps the reprise split the vote as it's a way of getting two songs in one.

I vote for Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise to win.

YoungEaglesFan
05-04-2019, 03:01 PM
I vote for doolin dalton/ desperado reprise to win. I find it funny that very little people are aware of this song in general but most of the diehard fans love it.

I also totally agree with Austin about desperado as a closing song for the band. To me it’s always been a great song to have end it and leaves you satisfied. I like the last song of the normal set list being upbeat but then having the actual final song being desperado.

WalshFan88
05-04-2019, 05:01 PM
I'm torn here but I think I'll be the odd man out and actually vote Tequila Sunrise for the win.

sodascouts
05-04-2019, 07:59 PM
There is something so epic and moving about the Reprise. It's not your typical song... it's not something that would be a single or a hit, but when you've listened to the album again and again (as most of us have), it begins to really stand apart. It's something greater, something beyond the norm, something special.

I cast my vote for the Doolin - Dalton / Desperado Reprise for the win.

Out of Control
05-04-2019, 10:18 PM
There is something so epic and moving about the Reprise. It's not your typical song... it's not something that would be a single or a hit, but when you've listened to the album again and again (as most of us have), it begins to really stand apart. It's something greater, something beyond the norm, something special.

I cast my vote for the Doolin - Dalton / Desperado Reprise for the win.

Agreed. Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise, as clunky as that title is.

05-05-2019, 11:38 AM
Well - I was expecting the reprise to win, but I didn't think the vote would be so lop-sided. It saddens me a little because I think Tequila Sunrise is a gorgeous song too. I'm selfishly kind of glad that it's not going to be a clean sweep and even considered voting for it if that had been the case. However, in the history of this board, this is our third Desperado Survivor game. I lobbied for a reprise victory in both previous games, but each time, it was a final showdown between Desperado and Tequila Sunrise. Desperado won the first game and Tequila Sunrise won the second, so, I am very happy with these results. I totally agree with everything Soda said. This song is it's own unique song, but it also captures the beauty of Doolin-Dalton and Desperado, as well as the theme of the entire album. I can't think of a better ending to a concept album than the repetition of them singing the namesake ( 'Desperado') to a fade out. Sheer brilliance IMHO. So ...

I cast my vote for the Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise for the win!!!

Delilah
05-05-2019, 05:15 PM
I vote for DD/Desperado Reprise for the win!
It’s such a gorgeous song - musically and lyrically - and it relays a tragic story which ties up the whole album concept beautifully.

BBKron
05-05-2019, 07:55 PM
I, of course, vote for Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise for the win. It is the perfect culmination of the album, beautifully bringing together the major themes of the album in a truly emotional and wonderful finale.

05-05-2019, 08:18 PM
Well, the this final round turned out to be a landslide. For the runner up, it must be a hollow feelin’ tonight while the winner’s fate was probably sealed a long time ago. The winner of our Desperado Survivor is ...

Votes
Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise – 13
Tequila Sunrise – 1

Vote Breakdown
Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise – CainOH
Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise – scottside
Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise – LovinGlennGirl
Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise – shunlvswx
Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise – New Kid In Town
Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise – Glennsallnighter
Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise – UndertheWire
Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise – YoungEaglesFan
Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise – sodascouts
Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise – Out of Control
Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise – Ive always been a dreamer
Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise – Delilah
Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise – BBKron
Tequila Sunrise – WalshFan88

Songs Eliminated
Twenty-One 4/19
Bitter Creek 4/21
Saturday Night 4/25
Out of Control 4/27
Outlaw Man 4/29
Doolin-Dalton 5/01
Desperado 5/03
Tequila Sunrise 5/05

Congrats to the Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise!!!

To celebrate:

Here is some live audio from Springfield 75 (http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/MP3/DDDDDRepriseSpringfield75.mp3).

Thanks everyone for playing. Hope you enjoyed the game.

WalshFan88
05-05-2019, 09:44 PM
Congrats to the Reprise.

Again, I'm more of a hits guy and I love more straightahead rock music so that's not saying the reprise isn't good. It's just not my thing and I agree that it captures the concept album, I just don't care for the concept/theme so much.

Glennsallnighter
05-06-2019, 05:41 AM
Congratulations to the Reprise. Its funny, for a long time I could have left D-D and the Reprise as nice songs but not hard hitters. But after seeing them performed live during the HOTE shows they really blew my mind. I really love both of them now, but really on this album, whats not to love??

Thanks to Dreamer and Soda for steering this survivor, you have done a great job as always!!

groupie2686
05-06-2019, 10:25 AM
I got busy this weekend and totally forgot about the final round! I would have been at a loss what to vote for anyway...I would have picked Desperado to win and while I love Tequila Sunrise and like the reprise, I don't know that I could have picked either as the best song on the album. Great game!

Brooke
05-06-2019, 01:43 PM
Well, here I am again-too late to vote for the winner. I just can't remember to do these things on the weekends. I wish the last vote wouldn't have been on the weekend, but that's the way the ball bounces.

It would have been tough to decide which song to vote for anyway, cause I love both of the last two. I'd have probably voted for Tequila Sunrise, just because! Both songs are gorgeous though. I agree with all the good comments made for each one!

CONGRATS TO DOOLIN' DALTON/DESPERADO REPRISE! ​:applause:

Great game! And thanks to Soda and Dreamer for doing all you do!

sodascouts
05-06-2019, 02:58 PM
CONGRATS TO THE DOOLIN-DALTON / DESPERADO REPRISE!

Well-deserved!

This cool vid has some of the photos and footage from the album shoot set to the song (and a few of the real guys to boot):

Note - this is Doolin-Dalton as well as the Doolin-Dalton / Desperado Reprise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEVsWb2w2Oo

BBKron
05-07-2019, 07:53 PM
Yes, Congratulations to Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise, a very worthy winner, and finally making it to the top of the Desperado Survivor heap.

I may be wrong, but is this the first time that a true non-hit song has won an album survivor contest?
I remember that DDDR won the underrated song survivor contest a while back, but it seems that it is almost always the main hits that win these album contests.

Anyway, great win, getting some of the respect it deserves. It always bothered me that the band themselves never quite gave the Reprise a place of honor in concert (that is, it should ALWAYS follow sometime after Desperado is played). Even when it was played in concert, it was usually early in the set (often following Doolin-Dalton), then was not played in concert for many years. I was very glad to see them bring it back for the HOTE shows, but even then, it was played out of order (It just doesn't make any sense to play the Reprise and BEFORE Desperado). With all the years they featured Desperado as the closer, you would think that at some point, they would have added on the Reprise to the end of the show. How incredible would that have been, just as Desperado is fading out and the audience going wild, the notes of DDDR starts up and builds to an even more dramatic concert conclusion. Just once I wish they would have done that, and I was hoping it would have been during the HOTE tour. Oh Well, I guess that was just my own personal dream.

05-07-2019, 08:18 PM
And a huge CONGRATS to the D-D/Desperado Reprise. This game didn't go my way most of the time, but I am very happy with the final outcome. As I said earlier, I've been trying to get this results for years.

And thanks for the video, Soda. As far as I know, the band never performed either Doolin-Dalton or the reprise by themselves. I believe they were always performed together. I'll never forget that first HOTE show in Louisville. We, of course, didn't know the setlist since it was the opening show of the tour. When they played the songs, I literally had tears streaming down my face. I didn't think I would ever get the chance to see them live. I teared up every single time they played it during the tour.

sodascouts
05-08-2019, 10:53 AM
Yes, Congratulations to Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise, a very worthy winner, and finally making it to the top of the Desperado Survivor heap.

I may be wrong, but is this the first time that a true non-hit song has won an album survivor contest?
I remember that DDDR won the underrated song survivor contest a while back, but it seems that it is almost always the main hits that win these album contests.

I have a bad memory, but I do think this is the only one that has pulled it out. It has, however, one more than one Survivor, as you've noted.

I'm just so freaking grateful I got to hear this live. Like Dreamer, I literally cried. So moving, so incredible.

WalshFan88
05-09-2019, 08:11 PM
I felt the same way when I heard Those Shoes on the HOTE tour. Those Shoes is more my kind of music, but the feeling was the same. I was just so excited to hear it.