PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday to Above The Clouds

Glennsallnighter
05-11-2019, 05:27 PM
Hard to believe its a year since Glenn:heart:'s posthumous album was released. I like it and its great to have another collection from him, but I'm kind of sorry that there was no new material on it. I'm sure there must be some unique unreleased music somewhere. However it is a very eclectic release of his hits throughout the years and some nice photos added as well

Ive always been a dreamer
05-12-2019, 01:03 PM
I agree GA. I'm glad this was released - I love having the Longbranch Pennywhistle album and the Live in Dublin DVD. I had them before, but not in the high quality that these are.

FreyFollower
05-13-2019, 03:16 PM
I had been unable to acquire the Dublin video, and also did not have the Longbranch Pennywhistle record, so I was thrilled to get them. Although with his limited catalog, I felt a "Complete Works" album should have been released. Still a great collection for a really great price, and I would encourage fans to seek it out. Albums worth of music and a concert DVD--and I think I paid around $24!:)

sodascouts
05-14-2019, 10:48 AM
Wow - can't believe it's been a year! Yes, this is a must have for the Frey fan!

shunlvswx
05-11-2020, 05:14 PM
Happy 2nd Birthday to Above the Cloud boxset.

FreyFollower
05-12-2020, 12:55 AM
Great collection! I would pay the asking price for the DVD alone!

Glennsallnighter
05-12-2020, 07:07 AM
Happy 2nd Birthday to Above The Clouds. I walk a lot now and its one of my favourites to play while I am walking, because when I put it on 'Shuffle' its always a surprise what might come up next and all the songs are good. The Dublin DVD is superb quality too.

05-13-2020, 07:28 PM
Yep - This is an excellent boxset collection. It's hard to believe it was released two years ago - I think I'm going to pull out the Live in Dublin DVD and watch it again this weekend to celebrate.

sodascouts
05-14-2020, 05:01 PM
I'm glad we got it just for the fact that it was nice to have some Glenn content.

05-11-2021, 11:24 AM
Today marks the 3rd anniversary of the release of Glenn's posthumous Above the Clouds box set - hard to believe it's been that long.

I love this box set and am very grateful that Cindy released it.

FreyFollower
05-11-2021, 08:16 PM
Will enjoy this set tonight. So thankful to have it as well!

Glennsallnighter
05-16-2021, 04:56 PM
I've been listening to it the last week or so too.I'm so glad it was released. Happy Birthday to Above the Clouds!!

Elle81
11-09-2021, 11:17 PM
I just got this from the library and as soon as I could I put it on. And aside from the well known songs, the others were just as good. The album booklet- sleeve ?(had a blonde moment and forgot what it's called), has some real nice pictures, and since it was released posthumously, it briefly mentioned Glenn's passing. And of course that had me tear up. So I am totally going to look for this next time I go to the record store.

FreyFollower
11-10-2021, 03:35 AM
Love it ! Be sure to get the one with the dvd!

Elle81
11-10-2021, 12:15 PM
Love it ! Be sure to get the one with the dvd!
Oh I plan on it, FF. :grin:
Honestly I didn't know it came with a DVD, until I read about it here on the Border.