PDA

View Full Version : Website for Glenn's old Aspen studio/home

FreyFollower
06-06-2019, 03:08 PM
https://www.maddogranchandstudios.com/

Found this when looking for an update on the studio. Numerous links about the studio, the latest on 5/30 includes the home's remodel.(It was much better and classier before, IMO.)
I haven't read everything yet, as I have to go to work.

New Kid In Town
06-06-2019, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the link FF. I have to agree with you, I do not care for the remodel of the kitchen at all. However, just MHO. Still would never turn down a chance to stay there though-lol. It's such a beautiful setting.

Ive always been a dreamer
06-06-2019, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the link, FF. I don't think any of those pictures are from the main house. It doesn't look like the same floor plan, but I could be wrong. And I agree - I definitely don't care for the colors in the kitchen. IIRC, there are two homes on the property.

sodascouts
06-06-2019, 09:02 PM
Thanks. Count me among those unimpressed by the remodel!

Glennsallnighter
06-08-2019, 04:53 AM
I love the scenery in the area. Would love to go on a photography trip there. Its pretty much as I imagined it to be

Brooke
06-10-2019, 03:55 PM
Not impressed with what I saw. I would never want blue kitchen cabinets!

Pretty area though! I wonder if there is a mountain view?

FreyFollower
06-10-2019, 04:48 PM
Not impressed with what I saw. I would never want blue kitchen cabinets!

Pretty area though! I wonder if there is a mountain view?
https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/805-955-Snowmass-Creek-Rd_Snowmass_CO_81654_M20626-01669
This is the old listing. Be sure to click on photos to see how it was then. You can click on the map on streetview and satellite to "look" around. The house is located in a narrow section up against lower mountains that kinda block the tall ones nearby. But the trees and "River of Dreams" are gorgeous. The property backed against government land so they didn't have to worry about anyone building in their backyard.

sodascouts
06-11-2019, 08:43 AM
So it looks like it's been remodeled with the idea that it will make it more attractive to rent?

Houston Baby
06-11-2019, 03:27 PM
So it looks like it's been remodeled with the idea that it will make it more attractive to rent?

Are you thinking what I am thinking Soda? :nod:

sodascouts
06-11-2019, 04:20 PM
Are you thinking what I am thinking Soda? :nod:

Well, from the site:

The recording studio, home, and grounds are now available for creative retreats (songwriting, visual arts, yoga), benefits, as well as small wedding parties and events. (https://www.maddogranchandstudios.com/about-1)

LOL at yoga as a "creative retreat" (no offense to yoga practitioners). Probably costs a pretty penny, though!

Glennsallnighter
06-11-2019, 05:48 PM
Colorado is on my bucket list. Just saying.........

06-11-2019, 09:23 PM
Well - I've been to Aspen, but, I'd sure be glad to put it back on my bucket list if we're gonna rent that!

FreyFollower
06-12-2019, 02:58 AM
I thought the same thing. Touring the place and having a get-together would qualify as an "event" in my mind. I would even 'waller' on the floor and pretend I knew something about yoga, if that's what it took, lol!
Seriously, I haven't been able to go anywhere in years because of looking after my mother. But I would love to experience it vicariously. I passed through Aspen in '95, but knew we couldn't afford it and kept going to Glenwood Springs for the night. Love Colorado!

UndertheWire
06-15-2019, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the link, FF. I don't think any of those pictures are from the main house. It doesn't look like the same floor plan, but I could be wrong. And I agree - I definitely don't care for the colors in the kitchen. IIRC, there are two homes on the property.
I'm inclined to agree with you. I don't think there were any interior shots of the second house on the realtor's site. This is the house that Glenn bought from Jimmy Buffet and converted to a recording studio rather than the one where he lived with his family.

sodascouts
06-17-2019, 02:00 PM
I'm inclined to agree with you. I don't think there were any interior shots of the second house on the realtor's site. This is the house that Glenn bought from Jimmy Buffet and converted to a recording studio rather than the one where he lived with his family.

This suggests to me that his house was bought by a family that has no use for the studio, and rather than marketing it solely to musicians, has refurbished it to appeal to anyone who might like a nice place to have a little fun weekend stay. Great idea!

FreyFollower
03-20-2020, 08:20 PM
The land that Glenn had with his Snowmass/Aspen home is being offered for sale separately. Love the "River of Dreams", and hate to see the estate broken up. I really NEED to win the lottery!
https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/Tbd-Snowmass-Creek-Rd_Snowmass_CO_81654_M99417-45986?view=qv:sad:

03-21-2020, 11:59 AM
Thanks FF. I agree that I hate to see Glenn's compound broken up. But, having said that, I kinda think that what they've done with Mad Dog Ranch is a fitting living memorial to Glenn. I would love to visit it one day.

sodascouts
03-22-2020, 12:05 AM
It's gorgeous, isn't it? I'd love to visit there one day as well.

FreyFollower
10-13-2021, 08:20 AM
https://www.5280.com/2021/09/the-music-is-back-at-jimmy-buffett-and-glenn-freys-former-retreat/?fbclid=IwAR3yd3e5teN47U6tBjNVDTzB6FOYqi4qV-cvra2oP-lHRUe__DppTIZnj9w

Recent article on Glenn's old Aspen studio/home. Other bits on the original website.

10-13-2021, 10:44 AM
Thanks for finding that, FF. I'm so glad that Mad Dog Ranch lives on. It feels like it landed in the right hands and Glenn would be happy with it. I would love to be able to visit it one of these days.

Glennsallnighter
10-21-2021, 04:11 PM
What a lovely article to read. Thank you for sharing. I'm so glad that the house is being used to make music again and OMG the view is amazing.