PDA

View Full Version : New Vintage 1970's Concert DVD of The Eagles!

vshiloh
06-12-2019, 06:58 AM
Hello all again! I just wanted to let everyone here know a new 1970's video concert that I have acquired. It is a 1980 master DVD! The concert itself is the same venue as the Houston 1976 very common bootleg. it is the summit, in Houston, on 2/5/80. It was shown in the official doc when they were introducing Timothy! All Eagles fans know how exquisitely rare 1980 is and how it has not existed on video until now. Below I will add the amazingly long setlist. (It is amazing)

Setlist - https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/eagles/1980/the-summit-houston-tx-63c12653.html

thelastresort
06-12-2019, 03:03 PM
Long Run-era Eagles footage is the rarest commodity known to mankind so it's good to know the fabled HOTE footage actually has a lot more to it. How did you come across it out of interest? And more to the point, where do I get it? ;)

vshiloh
06-13-2019, 11:12 AM
I found the original guy who stole it. He is the same guy who found Houston 76 originally. The 1980 one is actually even better quality than seattle and houston 76. It is very professionally recorded!

groupie2686
06-13-2019, 06:33 PM
I'm so jealous! I've looked for Long Run-era footage for years.

Delilah
06-13-2019, 08:36 PM
I’ve wondered whatever happened to the original recordings of those Seattle/Houston shows. The footage seen on YT seems to be a couple of generations from the originals based on the quality.

Anyway, very cool to know that 1980 concert recording exists intact and that it’s from the Summit (for some reason I had the impression it was an outdoor show based on the snippet from the HOTE doc).

Any plans to upload it to YT or elsewhere, vShiloh? Just asking...

vshiloh
06-14-2019, 07:40 AM
To those wondering if they can see it, I plan to share the whole shows audio. As it would be a new soundboard, I will also share some of the more rare songs on youtube such as King of hollywood and the sad cafe. If anyone is interested in my YT channel which already has some rare things on it, click this link and drop me a sub! - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBap27SVDTHqezeAEs_N7eA

Shadowland07
06-17-2019, 07:40 PM
To those wondering if they can see it, I plan to share the whole shows audio. As it would be a new soundboard, I will also share some of the more rare songs on youtube such as King of hollywood and the sad cafe. If anyone is interested in my YT channel which already has some rare things on it, click this link and drop me a sub! - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBap27SVDTHqezeAEs_N7eA

Aside from the audio, could you also share the video to King of Hollywood?

vshiloh
06-17-2019, 10:22 PM
I will most likely share the video to king of hollywood as well

NightMistBlue
06-18-2019, 01:24 PM
When you say the original guy "stole it" - from who? The Eagles? The venue? Just curious.

vshiloh
06-18-2019, 02:46 PM
He stole it from the venue back in 1981 when they were categorizing tapes by band. He found a moment when no one was looking and stole Houston 76 and 80, it's pretty much the same story as the new zealand 95 show, that also was a stolen tape. He's only ever shared the 76 one. I am the only person he's sharing the 1980 one with and I can't believe 1980 exists on video. It is pristine and very historical

Delilah
06-19-2019, 01:50 PM
Well it sounds like there is a possibility Randy’s solo concert may have been part of the Summit’s collection. He opened for there for The Beach Boys in Feb. 1981. That would be so awesome to see!

Hmmm, where is the rest of that tape collection now, since the Summit is no more? Or it’s there but it is currently a mega-church.

vshiloh
06-19-2019, 04:44 PM
Randy's is there somewhere. I am also very surprised that pretty much no one has replied to this thread. It seems no one wants to see a 1980 DVD? I thought that was the year people died for. I guess I was wrong. What year does everyone want on video now..

CAinOH
06-19-2019, 05:08 PM
I am also very surprised that pretty much no one has replied to this thread. It seems no one wants to see a 1980 DVD? I thought that was the year people died for. I guess I was wrong. What year does everyone want on video now..

I've subscribed to your YouTube channel. I thought it was going to show up there?

vshiloh
06-19-2019, 06:04 PM
It will be on my channel around the very end of the month

Ive always been a dreamer
06-19-2019, 06:57 PM
I've subscribed to your YouTube channel. I thought it was going to show up there?

Same here CA - I was also under the impression that vshiloh was going to upload some of the video on YouTube. I'm sure there will be some interest when folks can see these.

vshiloh
06-19-2019, 09:35 PM
Understandable, like I said, around the end of the month I will share some footage of it. It also depends on what is allowed, everyone knows how Henley is with vintage video, he is always having it blocked.

New Kid In Town
06-20-2019, 10:29 AM
Randy's is there somewhere. I am also very surprised that pretty much no one has replied to this thread. It seems no one wants to see a 1980 DVD? I thought that was the year people died for. I guess I was wrong. What year does everyone want on video now..

I would be interested to see it posted here. I do not subscribe to You Tube. I guess I misunderstood as I thought you would post it here.

NightMistBlue
06-20-2019, 10:39 AM
I subscribed to your YT channel too. I hope your friend steals the Randy concert tape! Forgive me, Lord...

vshiloh
06-20-2019, 10:46 AM
Well if you want to see RARE Randy video, I have some. I have a full concert from 1976 my friend stole, Michigan 76. It has Try and love again and take it to the limit for the randy songs, it is the same quality as houston 76, great broadcast quality! a real treat to have

YoungEaglesFan
06-20-2019, 01:17 PM
Well if you want to see RARE Randy video, I have some. I have a full concert from 1976 my friend stole, Michigan 76. It has Try and love again and take it to the limit for the randy songs, it is the same quality as houston 76, great broadcast quality! a real treat to have

Well I hate to beg, but I would absolutely love to get video of try and love again. Even audio will do, I just want to hear the Eagles do that song live at least once

NightMistBlue
06-20-2019, 02:13 PM
I would love to see the Michigan '76 show! It's all about the Randy :cheers:

sodascouts
06-20-2019, 02:22 PM
I'm sure all of the users would love to see it posted here - what do you need us to do for that to happen? If you require begging, I'm sure users would have no problem complying. :)

We are all very grateful! Thank you!

Brooke
06-24-2019, 03:34 PM
I would love to see it too!

bvb
06-10-2020, 08:44 PM
I'm a bit late but can anyone tell me how to get a copy of this Houston 1980 show at The Summit, I was there with my dad and that would be really special to have.

Thanks