PDA

View Full Version : Coming up on September 4: Eagles All-Star Survivor

Ive always been a dreamer
08-28-2019, 08:40 PM
Okay folks - It has taken awhile, but we have recently completed a cycle of Survivor Games for all of the seven Eagles studio albums and the Eagles Live album. The winners of all of these Survivor games will now compete for the ultimate prize of being selected the best of the best. The game will start one week from tonight and here are the winning songs from each album that will be included in the competition:

One of These Nights
Waiting in the Weeds
Take It Easy
Heartache Tonight
Already Gone
Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise
Seven Bridges Road
New Kid in Town

I hope you will join us, but be warned, you are going to have to make some brutal choices.

shunlvswx
08-28-2019, 09:38 PM
Hmm. I can't wait.

Did Take It Easy also win for Eagles album too. I know it won from HFO.

WalshFan88
08-28-2019, 09:58 PM
:yay:

Can't wait!

A couple of my least favorite Eagles songs are on here, and a whole lot of favorites. :lol:

After the first 3 or so songs, it will be very, very tough. At least Hotel California isn't on here. lol

groupie2686
08-29-2019, 11:45 AM
Oooooh I'm looking forward to this. But having to choose between Take It Easy, Heartache Tonight, New Kid in Town, and Waiting in the Weeds will be positively brutal!

08-29-2019, 11:53 AM
Hmm. I can't wait.

Did Take It Easy also win for Eagles album too. I know it won from HFO.

Yep - We've played the Eagles LP Survivor game three times over the years and Take It Easy won the game all three times.

:yay:

Can't wait!

A couple of my least favorite Eagles songs are on here, and a whole lot of favorites. :lol:

After the first 3 or so songs, it will be very, very tough. At least Hotel California isn't on here. lol

I know it just doesn't seem right not having Hotel California in an All-Star Eagles game.

Brooke
08-29-2019, 01:22 PM
:yay: but it's going to be a tough one!

Very strange that Hotel California is not on the list!

shunlvswx
08-29-2019, 03:37 PM
Well a lot of people don't like HC. It is sad its not in the All-Time Game, but it is what is.

WalshFan88
08-29-2019, 06:09 PM
Well a lot of people don't like HC. It is sad its not in the All-Time Game, but it is what is.

Which I don't really understand. To me that song and album is what made them what they are. Their defining masterpiece. It's like they said "You thought Desperado was a concept album masterpiece, well listen to THIS!". They totally outdid Desperado and really soared to new heights.

Although I say all that knowing that I DID vote for NKIT to win for HC survivor and contributed to it not being in this lineup. I thought I'd give NKIT some love as it's really grown to be a favorite. And from the voting results, it wouldn't have mattered how I alone would have voted. So there's that.

In a way, not having HC here makes this slightly easier for me, because I'm not going to have to be so strong in voting for it and rallying around it. Because while I voted for NKIT to win HC survivor, I absolutely would have voted for HC to win the All Star Survivor, hands down no questions asked.

I already have a favorite in this lineup and plan on seeing it to victory! :lol:

08-30-2019, 10:44 AM
I already have a favorite in this lineup and plan on seeing it to victory! :lol:

So Austin - do you really think the Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise will win the game? :lol:

New Kid In Town
08-30-2019, 02:08 PM
II am looking forward to this ! It will be hard to chose between most of these songs. It should be very interesting !
Austin, I agree, it seems strange that HC is not in the mix of songs. I also agree about the HC album taking the group to the Superstar status. They were huge after the release of OOTN, but HC made them the biggest band of the 70's.

thelastresort
08-30-2019, 03:24 PM
I trust Take It Easy as take it easy won twice it will have to be eliminated twice ;)

Should be a good one, an interesting concept and pleasant change from doing it album by album

I look forward to the reverse Survivor for those that came last in each album game!

Delilah
08-30-2019, 04:25 PM
I trust Take It Easy as take it easy won twice it will have to be eliminated twice ;)

Should be a good one, an interesting concept and pleasant change from doing it album by album

I look forward to the reverse Survivor for those that came last in each album game!

TLR, I realize your comment was tongue-in-cheek but you bring up a good point. One TIE is the classic well-known studio version while the other is the live one from the much-anticipated reunion album, performed by a different line-up and with Glenn’s matured voice.

I don’t recall participating in the LROOE Survivor but I’m glad to see the excellent Waiting in the Weeds is in the running.

WalshFan88
08-30-2019, 07:31 PM
So Austin - do you really think the Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise will win the game? :lol:

Hahaha. :lol:

09-01-2019, 09:19 PM

That's an interesting thought - we'll have to give it some consideration for the future.

We have completed three cycles for the Eagles studio albums over the years. So I thought I'd recap some trivia about the outcomes of these games ...

Only two albums have had the exact same finalist result for all three games:

Eagles LP - Take It Easy won all three times, with Peaceful Easy Feeling finishing in second place. (Note: Witchy Woman finished in third place in each game).
Long Road Out of Eden - Waiting in the Weeds won all three games, with How Long finishing as runner-up each time.

Only two albums have had a different winner each game:

Desperado - Game 1 winner was Desperado, with Tequila Sunrise as runner-up; Game 2 winner was Tequila Sunrise with Desperado as runner-up, and Game 3 winner was the Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise, with Tequila Sunrise as runner-up.
One of These Nights - Game 1 winner was Lyin' Eyes, with One of These Nights as runner-up; Game 2 winner was Take It to the Limit with One of These Nights as runner-up, and Game 3 winner was the One of These Nights, with Lyin' Eyes as runner-up. (Note: The top three finalist in all three games were One of These Nights, Lyin' Eyes, and Take It to the Limit).

The remaining games had mixed results:

On the Border has had the same two finalist for all three games - Already Gone and The Best of My Love with Already Gone winning Games 1 & 3 and The Best of My Love as the Game 2 winner.
Hotel California has had the same two finalist for all three games - Hotel California and New Kid in Town with Hotel California winning Games 1 & 2 and New Kid in Town taking the prize for Game 3. (Note: Life in the Fast Lane finished in third place in each game).
The Long Run has had the same winner for all three games - Heartache Tonight. However, I Can't Tell You Why was the runner-up in Games 1 & 2 and The Long Run as the runner-up for Game 3. (Note: The top three finalist in all three games were Heartache Tonight, I Can't Tell You Why, and The Long Run).
Non-Studio Album Survivor has a different result for all three games - Get Over It and Seven Bridges Road were the finalists in Games 1 & 3, but Get Over It prevailed in Game 1 and Seven Bridges Road as the winner in Game 3; in Game 2, Seven Bridges Road beat out Life's Been Good in the final round.

shunlvswx
09-03-2019, 09:02 AM
Since you might consider songs that went out first, how about the ones that was runner-up. Now that's going to be interesting.

WalshFan88
09-03-2019, 05:47 PM
Thanks for that, Dreamer!

I'm honestly surprised Waiting In The Weeds won, especially 3 times in a row! I would have definitely picked How Long or even Busy Being Fabulous. I really didn't care for the version of How Long they did in the early 70s but I love the more modern sounding version on LROOE, more uptempo and crisp. I heard it live on the LROOE tour, but not the HOTE tour. I enjoyed hearing it. It despite having country lyrics and a twangy guitar intro, is pretty uptempo and Chuck Berry-like with the rhythm. It has the Chuck shuffle to it, just like Get Over It has. Everyone knows I'm not a huge fan of the LROOE album though in general.

I think a survivor with the "last place" songs would be interesting. But I think it would probably be hard, because a lot of them wouldn't be something I would have voted for.