PDA

View Full Version : Eagles Merchandising

Carolyn
10-18-2019, 08:37 AM
I realize the Eagles are closer to the end of their performing lives, than the beginning -- but, in my opinion, that is an even more important reason for them to be stepping it up a notch when it comes to their merchandising, as people who might not normally purchase a band's t-shirt, might be more apt to do so for a band that conjures nostalgic memories.

When we attended the Eagles concert last year in Boston, my husband bought their North American 2018 grey t-shirt in a size medium -- and he is very particular about his t-shirts, but this is one he wears quite often, as it seems the more he wears and washes it -- the more comfortable he said it is, and he likes that it fits him just right around his arms and chest, but is just a little looser around his abs-- and he said he really likes the lighter-to-mid-weight feel of it, as he doesn't like heavy-knit t-shirts.

My father and brother-in-law mentioned that when they went to their Vegas show, the hotel had a shop set-aside to sell a lot of the band's merchandise -- and the both of them were looking to get the same t-shirt that Matt has, but couldn't find it, and they didn't like any of the other stuff, so they didn't get anything there. My mother, mother-in-law and aunt did buy themselves a shirt or hoodie.

Since I've been trying to wrap-up my Christmas gift shopping before the arrival of our baby girl at the end of this month, I figured it would make a great gift to buy my father, my husband's 2 brothers and one of their good friends, the same t-shirt Matt has -- but they only have it available in sizes small, medium or triple large -- and the 3 of them are all a size large -- though Mark might be an XL-- but none of them wear their shirts super baggy and none of them could wear a medium.

But, even worse, I was going to buy Matt another of the shirts, as he does take a medium -- but the description says you are not guaranteed to receive the same list of cities as the t-shirt online -- and the whole point of the shirt is to be a memory of the night we all went to the show in Boston with his mother, brothers and my parents -- and I don't want to get him the shirt, if it doesn't have Boston as one of the tour stops listed on the back.

That is all I was interested in buying on their website -- but, I'll tell you something --whoever is in charge of their merchandising really needs to step it up a notch, as not only is it a big mistake not to be restocking a shirt that is clearly popular in the more popular sizes, but they're not even selling some of the items that they could be making their best profits on.

CAinOH
10-18-2019, 08:55 AM
You might try eBay. Some of the Vegas stuff did end up there.

Carolyn
10-18-2019, 09:36 AM
You might try eBay. Some of the Vegas stuff did end up there.

Thanks, CAinOH -- I just did a quick search on eBay and only found a listing for 1 of these same shirts my husband has in a size Large -- but it is used -- and I wouldn't want to give any of them a used t-shirt from eBay.

Interestingly, the seller on eBay is selling it for $40, which is $10 more than the Eagles official website is selling it for -- but, I wonder if the Eagles website has been out of this popular shirt in the size Large for a while, so the seller on eBay knows they can get more money for it -- even in used condition.

Oh well, I'm off to show a house this morning -- but below is a link to the shirt on the Eagles' website, and I'd appreciate if anyone happens to notice if they re-stock it in a size large, or even XL, if they could post a reply to give me a head's-up:

https://eagles.com/store/product/north-american-2018-grey-tour-t-shirt

CAinOH
10-18-2019, 09:46 AM
That's last year's shirt. I doubt if they'll restock. The site is into the new tour stuff already.

Glennsallnighter
10-18-2019, 11:31 AM
Get the large ones and bring them to an alterations shop and get them adjusted to size.

Carolyn
10-18-2019, 03:35 PM
Get the large ones and bring them to an alterations shop and get them adjusted to size.

Thank you, CAinOH and GA -- I just got home from a busy day of 2 showings & submitting an offer for a very excited client, then rushing to pick my son up from kindergarten and then picking-out flooring for one of the houses we're flipping -- so now that I'm home and have an hour to relax before I make the American Chop Suey for dinner-- per my brother-in-law's request, who lives across the street -- so I have time to try to narrow down some picks for the guys' presents. I swear,moms, grandmothers, aunts & sisters are so much easier to buy for. Last year I got my husband some new black cords from Levi's vintage collection on their website, and he loved those, aswell as some of their vintage t-shirts, but I'm not loving anything they have on there right now -- so I'm going to browse to see if I find anything elsewhere --otherwise, I'll take GA's great suggestion to just buy the larger size and alter them, as my grandmother use to do a lot of seamstress and tailoring work for years, and I learned a little from her -- and I can always ask for her help, as well.

CAinOH
10-18-2019, 03:43 PM
Last year I got my husband some new blackcords from Levi's vintage collection on their website

Wait, am I understanding you correctly? Levi's sells black corduroys? Please, let that be true! One of my favorite outfits (back in the day) was a pair of black straight-leg Levi cords with a baseball style concert t-shirt from Billy Joel's Nylon Curtain tour. Still have the t-shirt (I think... I hope!). I'm going to check Levi's web site right now...

Carolyn
10-18-2019, 04:00 PM
Wait, am I understanding you correctly? Levi's sells black corduroys? Please, let that be true! One of my favorite outfits (back in the day) was a pair of black straight-leg Levi cords with a baseball style concert t-shirt from Billy Joel's Nylon Curtain tour. Still have the t-shirt (I think... I hope!). I'm going to check Levi's web site right now...

Unfortunately, Levi's only had the black cords I got my husband under their vintage collection for a very short time. Fortunately, I got him 2 pairs -- and I found another pair on Amazon after they were sold-out on Levi's. I also got him a t-shirt from that same vintage collection on Levi's that is kind of a steel-gray heather style that says ROCKERS on it -- and he loved that -- said it was his favorite shirt ever. Same thing -- they sold out of that, but I found one in an orange-kind of color on Amazon. I'm just not loving their offerings right now on Levi's. The only thing I bought on that site this year for Matt, Mark & my son is their Levi's black knit slouchy beanie hat-- and I got myself the red & white Levi's hat with a red pom-pom. But, if I see those black cords come back on Levi's site -- I'll let you know, as Matt's other brother, David, wanted the black cords and the gray/blue t'shirt, as well.

I should add that although they don't have the vintage-style cords I got my husband last year --Levi's is selling their 502-style cords on their regular website -- not in their vintage collection. My husband just doesn't like the 502 style. They have 2 separate listings forthe 502 style -- one is a Justin Timberlake 502 style, which my husband also doesn't like -- but you might like them -- so here are the links:

https://www.levi.com/US/en_US/apparel/clothing/bottoms/levis-x-justin-timberlake-502-taper-fit-corduroy-pants/p/761020003

https://www.levi.com/US/en_US/apparel/clothing/bottoms/502-taper-fit-corduroy-pants/p/295070438

CAinOH
10-18-2019, 04:22 PM
I found corduroys on Levi's site:

https://www.levi.com/US/en_US/apparel/clothing/bottoms/502-taper-fit-corduroy-pants/p/295070438

Carolyn
10-18-2019, 04:43 PM
I found corduroys on Levi's site:

Unfortunately, Matt doesn't like the 502 style -- but I appreciate you taking the time to look. He has 3 pairs of the ones he likes, and they really last & last, because he has put 1 pair away for"safe keeping" and he wears the other two at least four times a week. He likes the fit of the ones he has because they sit a little bit lower, and he likes that the pockets are a little bit lower in the back, and he likes the deep pockets in the front for putting his keys in -- and he likes the fit on his butt and legs -- and,honestly -- I do, too -- because they're fitted nicely, without being skinny-type jeans -- that I can't stand on guys. OK, I just got a call from Matt that he's on his way home & his brother, who has been playing checkers with our 5-year-old just told me he's getting hungry -- so that's my hint that it's time to start cooking the American Chop Suey.

Have a great night!